Archive of http://www.blacksda.com/forums/index.php?showtopic=14315&st=45 preserved for the defense in 3ABN and Danny Shelton v. Joy and Pickle.
Links altered to maintain their integrity and aid in navigation, but content otherwise unchanged.
Saved at 01:11:52 PM on March 27, 2008.
IPB

Welcome Guest ( Log In | Register )

7 Pages V  « < 2 3 4 5 6 > »   
Reply to this topicStart new topic
> Hope Channel's New Newsletter Snippets
Rosyroi
post Jul 23 2007, 07:16 PM
Post #46

Advanced Member

Group: Members
Member No.: 2,536

QUOTE(Clay @ Jul 23 2007, 03:25 PM) *
why do you keep watching?

I am not the one watching, my mother is. I am on the computer reading BSDA. We are in the same room. I just hear what is going on if I feel like listening or if it is loud enough for me to hear. I decided to count the times Danny asked for donations during his prayer. Don't know why I did it...Guess I might be a bit heathenistic. blink.gif
Rosyroi

--------------------

"Joy, Love, Peace, Long Suffering, Gentleness, Goodness, Faith, Meekness, and Self Control are what being full of the Holy Spirit is all about." Galations 5.

"Don't waste your time waiting and longing for large opportunities which may never come, but faitfully handle the little things that are always claiming your attention..." F.B. Meyers

"Truth welcomes examination and doesn't need to defend itself, while deception hides in darkness and blames everyone else." Aunt B. 2007

"For GOD so LOVED you and me..." John 3:16

"I believe that there is a devil, and here's Satan's agenda. First, he doesn't want anyone having kids. Secondly, if they do conceive, he wants them killed.
If they're not killed through abortion, he wants them neglected or abused physically, emotionally, sexually...One way or another, the legions of hell want to destroy children because children become the future adults and leaders. If they (legions) can warp or wound a child, he or she becomes a warped or wounded adult who passes on this affliction to the next generation". -Terry Randall in TIME Magazine, October 21, 1991
Go to the top of the page

+Quote Post
Clay
post Jul 24 2007, 08:46 AM
Post #47

5,000 + posts
Group Icon

Group: Administrator
Member No.: 4

QUOTE(Rosyroi @ Jul 23 2007, 08:16 PM) *
I am not the one watching, my mother is. I am on the computer reading BSDA. We are in the same room. I just hear what is going on if I feel like listening or if it is loud enough for me to hear. I decided to count the times Danny asked for donations during his prayer. Don't know why I did it...Guess I might be a bit heathenistic. blink.gif
Rosyroi

ahhhhh, thanks for the clarification..... and yeah, that was probably on the heathenistic side.... roflmao.gif

--------------------
"you are as sick as your secrets...." -quote from Celebrity Rehab-

+Quote Post
lurker
post Jul 25 2007, 07:02 AM
Post #48

Advanced Member

Member No.: 676

I asked my husband if he noticed how many times they said 3ABN on one program. Probably hundreds. It was in every other sentance and the sentances that didn't contain it were questions calculated to get praise for 3ABN as an answer. In court you would call them leading questions. Sounded like an infomercial for 3ABN not praise to God, but praise for 3ABN.

This post has been edited by lurker: Jul 25 2007, 07:04 AM

+Quote Post
awesumtenor
post Jul 25 2007, 07:20 AM
Post #49

5,000 + posts
Group Icon

Group: Charter Member
Member No.: 15

QUOTE(simplysaved @ Jul 23 2007, 08:16 PM) *
To be honest, I have not looked at the site nor read the comments. To also be honest, I would probably respond differently to it than do some. I don't see it as being blasphemous to state that God is blessing and using you as a tool to win souls. BTJM. Many ministries report how many souls have come to Christ, how many people have been successful through the specific ministry they provide, as per scripture that is the fruit. I don't view those ministries as any less Christian.

Being fair, if people were seeking to attack a ministry which I had been in charge of and involved with on this scale--whatever the reasons--I would probably want to show or highlight the positives of the ministry as well--just as Hope Channel has attempted to do.

Yes, God can use 3ABN... he can also use your getting hit by a bus, struck by lightning or coming down with some horrible affliction. The site gives glory to 3ABN... not God... and as such, it falls under what Christ warns about in Mat 6:1-2:

Mat 6:1-2 Take heed that ye do not your alms before men, to be seen of them: otherwise ye have no reward of your Father which is in heaven. (2) Therefore when thou doest thine alms, do not sound a trumpet before thee, as the hypocrites do in the synagogues and in the streets, that they may have glory of men. Verily I say unto you, They have their reward.

In His service,
Mr. J

--------------------
There is no one more dangerous than one who thinks he knows God with a mind that is ignorant - Dr. Lewis Anthony

You’ve got to be real comfortable in your own skin to survive the animosity your strength evokes in people you'd hope would like you. - Dr. Renita Weems

+Quote Post
simplysaved
post Jul 25 2007, 05:52 PM
Post #50

5,000 + posts
Group Icon

Member No.: 830

So what is this?

QUOTE(maggiecttr @ Jul 20 2007, 01:34 PM) *
In my mailbox today was the Hope Channel's latest newsletter. It is new & improved--huge, 11" x 17" and 4-color. But what really caught my eye was the page-3 article titled: A Ministry You Can Trust (the last 3 words in boldface type). Herewith, some snippets from the article:

"Hope Channel strives to reach the highest standards of Christian ministry and professional integrity. As the official television network of the Adventist Church, we operate according to church policy and are accountable to the church constituency."

"We use the most economical means of travel and economize in every conceivable manner so your gifts are maximized to reach the world with God's last-day message. Our financial records are managed and audited by the General Conference of Seventh-day Adventists.

"Hope Channel leadership is appointed by the world church. Our operating board is comprised of church leaders and lay leaders from around the world."

"All Hope Channel employees are members of the Adventist Church and are dedicated to fulfilling its mission."

"Hope Channel is your church's television ministry to share the three-angels' message with a lost world. Your partnership is a sacred trust that we respect."

Guess that says it all, huh? clap.gif

Gotta get out my checkbook...

Cheers,
Maggie

Same song, different channel....Proverbs states that we should not sound are own horn, but let others praise us, in keepeing as you have stated. Ther is no difference here.

Marketing a business is marketing a ministry business is marketing a ministry business.

QUOTE(awesumtenor @ Jul 25 2007, 08:20 AM) *
Yes, God can use 3ABN... he can also use your getting hit by a bus, struck by lightning or coming down with some horrible affliction. The site gives glory to 3ABN... not God... and as such, it falls under what Christ warns about in Mat 6:1-2:

Mat 6:1-2 Take heed that ye do not your alms before men, to be seen of them: otherwise ye have no reward of your Father which is in heaven. (2) Therefore when thou doest thine alms, do not sound a trumpet before thee, as the hypocrites do in the synagogues and in the streets, that they may have glory of men. Verily I say unto you, They have their reward.

In His service,
Mr. J

--------------------
"No weapon formed against YOU (Sarah--and every Believer/Servant of God) shall prosper and every tongue that rises against you in judgement you will condemn...."--Isaiah 54:17

+Quote Post
princessdi
post Jul 25 2007, 07:12 PM
Post #51

5,000 + posts
Group Icon

Member No.: 47

Not quite. Not once has Hope Cahnnel mentioned how many souls they have brought to Christ,let alone a entire site dedicated to it.
They are simply addressing some issues which are now plaguing 3ABN. Let take them one at a time:

"Hope Channel strives to reach the highest standards of Christian ministry and professional integrity. As the official television network of the Adventist Church, we operate according to church policy and are accountable to the church constituency."

It has recently come to light, that even though for the past 20+ years 3ABN has been leading everyone to believe that they wre an independent SDA ministry when, infact, legally they describe themselves as an Non denominiational ministry with a nondenominational message. I am positive that nearly 100% of their viewers and financial supporter had no idea they were supporting a nondenominational minstry and message. Hope Channel is making it clear where they stand with this statement.

We use the most economical means of travel and economize in every conceivable manner so your gifts are maximized to reach the world with God's last-day message. Our financial records are managed and audited by the General Conference of Seventh-day Adventists.

Ok so we know that for years Danny had jetted around in a private jet at his own descrection. Hope Channel is letting folks that they are good stewards of the funds with which God has entrusted them.

"
Hope Channel leadership is appointed by the world church. Our operating board is comprised of church leaders and lay leaders from around the world. All Hope Channel employees are members of the Adventist Church and are dedicated to fulfilling its mission."

It is also no secret that Danny has hand picked each and every board member at 3ABN,a nd much of the leadership. The pastorial staff consists of very few actual licensed, trained pastors. Also that there are many working there who are not Adventist. Which would generally not be a problem, but in ight of other issues, doesnt'helpa t this point. Hope channel is making it clear about it's staff and how it is chosen., and that it meets the criteria of the GC/world church. Once agian making it clear that they are ad Adventist network.

"Hope Channel is your church's television ministry to share the three-angels' message with a lost world. Your partnership is a sacred trust that we respect."

Once again establishing their tie to the Adventist church, it's doctrines and ministry. IOW, in light of the issues over at 3ABN, Hope Channel is "avoiding the appearance of evil". Also, by using the term Three angels message letting you know that they are truly addressing the isses and concerns at 3 ABN after they, who from even their name made the same claim. However, of late they have not walk the walk, plenty of talk still.

They have not mentioned how many souls have come to the Lord through the Hope Channel, so it is not at all the same.

QUOTE(simplysaved @ Jul 25 2007, 04:52 PM) *
So what is this?
Same song, different channel....Proverbs states that we should not sound are own horn, but let others praise us, in keepeing as you have stated. Ther is no difference here.

Marketing a business is marketing a ministry business is marketing a ministry business.

--------------------
TTFN
Di

And we know that all things work together for good to them that love God, to them who are the called according to his purpose---Romans 8:28

A great many people believe they are thinking when they are merely rearranging their prejudices.-- William James

It is better to be silent and be thought a fool, than to speak and remove all doubt.- Mark Twain

+Quote Post
SoulEspresso
post Jul 25 2007, 07:24 PM
Post #52

500 + posts
Group Icon

Member No.: 2,262

QUOTE(Clay @ Jul 24 2007, 08:46 AM) *
ahhhhh, thanks for the clarification..... and yeah, that was probably on the heathenistic side.... roflmao.gif

Well, is it really heathen to point out that Danny was talking to the audience--not God--during his prayer?

Then again, being heathen on BSDA is roughly equivalent to "telling the truth." clap.gif

--------------------
"The entire world is falling apart because no one will admit they are wrong."
--
Don Miller, Blue Like Jazz.

+Quote Post
simplysaved
post Jul 25 2007, 07:32 PM
Post #53

5,000 + posts
Group Icon

notworking.gif Same song...different day. BOTH 3ABN and Hope Channel would do better to present the ministry and let the the Holy Spirit in how they represent themselves be the guide. Let the people decide....IOW, I would rather hear from the lives that have been changed rather than either or them sounding their own horn or declaring that they represent world-wide Adventism. That is what Jesus did.

It is not and should a competiton between the two...there is more than enough room in God's kingdom of ministry tools for more than one channel dedicated to presenting the Adventist message to all the world. Some people are doing to be ministered to more by one or the other--and I can't wait until Whintley Phipps officially "lauches World of Praise" (waiting for someone to say that it is too Black) That is just plain crazy!

Satan is desiring nothing more than for us to allow him rule by competing with each other like the disciples did. Who cares if there are 20 channels with a similar mission and message? Who cares whether or not there are 100 websites like this one? Who cares if there are 150 music conferences like UCAA? GOD is in them all and we just have to get over it.

QUOTE(princessdi @ Jul 25 2007, 08:12 PM) *
Not quite. Not once has Hope Cahnnel mentioned how many souls they have brought to Christ,let alone a entire site dedicated to it.
They are simply addressing some issues which are now plaguing 3ABN. Let take them one at a time:
It has recently come to light, that even though for the past 20+ years 3ABN has been leading everyone to believe that they wre an independent SDA ministry when, infact, legally they describe themselves as an Non denominiational ministry with a nondenominational message. I am positive that nearly 100% of their viewers and financial supporter had no idea they were supporting a nondenominational minstry and message. Hope Channel is making it clear where they stand with this statement.
Ok so we know that for years Danny had jetted around in a private jet at his own descrection. Hope Channel is letting folks that they are good stewards of the funds with which God has entrusted them.

"

It is also no secret that Danny has hand picked each and every board member at 3ABN,a nd much of the leadership. The pastorial staff consists of very few actual licensed, trained pastors. Also that there are many working there who are not Adventist. Which would generally not be a problem, but in ight of other issues, doesnt'helpa t this point. Hope channel is making it clear about it's staff and how it is chosen., and that it meets the criteria of the GC/world church. Once agian making it clear that they are ad Adventist network.
Once again establishing their tie to the Adventist church, it's doctrines and ministry. IOW, in light of the issues over at 3ABN, Hope Channel is "avoiding the appearance of evil". Also, by using the term Three angels message letting you know that they are truly addressing the isses and concerns at 3 ABN after they, who from even their name made the same claim. However, of late they have not walk the walk, plenty of talk still.

They have not mentioned how many souls have come to the Lord through the Hope Channel, so it is not at all the same.

--------------------
"No weapon formed against YOU (Sarah--and every Believer/Servant of God) shall prosper and every tongue that rises against you in judgement you will condemn...."--Isaiah 54:17

+Quote Post
Artiste
post Jul 25 2007, 07:35 PM
Post #54

Advanced Member

Member No.: 3,569

QUOTE(princessdi @ Jul 25 2007, 06:12 PM) *

Thanks, princessdi, for that clear and concise exposition of issues involved in comparing and contrasting 3abn with Hope Channel.

+Quote Post
princessdi
post Jul 25 2007, 07:36 PM
Post #55

5,000 + posts
Group Icon

Jes, heathens through and through! rofl1.gif

--------------------
TTFN
Di

And we know that all things work together for good to them that love God, to them who are the called according to his purpose---Romans 8:28

A great many people believe they are thinking when they are merely rearranging their prejudices.-- William James

It is better to be silent and be thought a fool, than to speak and remove all doubt.- Mark Twain

+Quote Post
simplysaved
post Jul 25 2007, 07:37 PM
Post #56

5,000 + posts
Group Icon

notworking.gif We just received the current line-up and ministry marketing material in the mail.

QUOTE(Artiste @ Jul 25 2007, 08:35 PM) *
Thanks, princessdi, for that clear and concise exposition of issues involved in comparing and contrasting 3abn with Hope Channel.

--------------------

+Quote Post
simplysaved
post Jul 25 2007, 07:39 PM
Post #57

5,000 + posts
Group Icon

Since God is in the ministry, do you have belittle another's ministry---right or wrong?

QUOTE(princessdi @ Jul 25 2007, 08:12 PM) *

"

--------------------

+Quote Post
simplysaved
post Jul 25 2007, 07:46 PM
Post #58

5,000 + posts
Group Icon

Should the goal of ANY ministry be to compare themselves with another?

QUOTE(Artiste @ Jul 25 2007, 08:35 PM) *

--------------------

+Quote Post
PeacefulBe
post Jul 25 2007, 07:51 PM
Post #59

1,000 + posts
Group Icon

Member No.: 2,169

QUOTE(SoulEspresso @ Jul 25 2007, 06:24 PM) *
Well, is it really heathen to point out that Danny was talking to the audience--not God--during his prayer?

Then again, being heathen on BSDA is roughly equivalent to "telling the truth." clap.gif

You get it, SE! You really get it!!

--------------------
Got Peace?

John 14:27 Peace I leave with you; my peace I give you. I do not give to you as the world gives. Do not let your hearts be troubled and do not be afraid.

"Truth welcomes examination and doesn't need to defend itself, while deception hides in darkness and blames everyone else." Aunt B, 2007

+Quote Post
princessdi
post Jul 25 2007, 07:55 PM
Post #60

5,000 + posts
Group Icon

Sarah, I am sure this statement was not made lightly. They are probably getting questions and put put the stament. I wpuld they would need to, as Hope Channel is the newer of the two, and now it is unsure of what anyone is. I am sure somehwer there is a place on Hope Channel website or someone where viewers write in. However, in the present climate it is good that they eestblish their position. It is not a competition, as people are not choosing between the two, but becuase of the offenses of one are being more careful about who they choose to support. The same as you say that you support who you deem worthy by their minstry and "fruit" as a minitry. Hope Channel is just making that clear. They did not counter 3ABN's claims of how many people htey brought to Christ, them merely answered some questiont hat were probably being asked of them becuase of the much publicized abuses at 3ABN. I am sure you would agree that 3ABN might not be in the position they are in now, if they had been so forthcoming long ago. Hope Channel has learned from their misteps and is not going to repeat the same ones. At this point, they don't have the luzury of time to establish their position. It is precisely becuse of how 3ABN has been presenting themselves that Hope channel is in the position it is.

This is by no means a competition. As you say ther is room and word enough for all. Hope Channel did not say, "3ABN might have led a million to Christ, but we have led a 1.5. That would be competing. Before 3ABN's misteps, Hope channel was quietly going about it's buisness until now. I am sure it was promted by the question and concerns they encountered in the aftermath. I am not seing how you se this as a competition. Nobody is saying there should be one or the other, but that neither need to be misrepresenting God or the Adventist church.

QUOTE(simplysaved @ Jul 25 2007, 06:32 PM) *
notworking.gif Same song...different day. BOTH 3ABN and Hope Channel would do better to present the ministry and let the the Holy Spirit in how they represent themselves be the guide. Let the people decide....IOW, I would rather hear from the lives that have been changed rather than either or them sounding their own horn or declaring that they represent world-wide Adventism. That is what Jesus did.

It is not and should a competiton between the two...there is more than enough room in God's kingdom of ministry tools for more than one channel dedicated to presenting the Adventist message to all the world. Some people are doing to be ministered to more by one or the other--and I can't wait until Whintley Phipps officially "lauches World of Praise" (waiting for someone to say that it is too Black) That is just plain crazy!

Satan is desiring nothing more than for us to allow him rule by competing with each other like the disciples did. Who cares if there are 20 channels with a similar mission and message? Who cares whether or not there are 100 websites like this one? Who cares if there are 150 music conferences like UCAA? GOD is in them all and we just have to get over it.

--------------------
TTFN
Di

+Quote Post

7 Pages V  « < 2 3 4 5 6 > » 
Reply to this topicStart new topic
1 User(s) are reading this topic (1 Guests and 0 Anonymous Users)
0 Members:

Lo-Fi Version Time is now: 27th March 2008 - 12:11 PM
Design by: Download IPB Skins & eBusiness
BlackSDA has no official affiliation or endorsement from the Seventh-day Adventist church