Archive of http://www.blacksda.com/forums/index.php?showtopic=14500&st=60 preserved for the defense in 3ABN and Danny Shelton v. Joy and Pickle.
Links altered to maintain their integrity and aid in navigation, but content otherwise unchanged.
Saved at 01:13:50 PM on March 27, 2008.
IPB

Welcome Guest ( Log In | Register )

7 Pages V  « < 3 4 5 6 7 >  
Reply to this topicStart new topic
> 3abn Diverts Tithe From The Sda Church, ... and admits it on air!
PeacefulBe
post Aug 4 2007, 07:22 PM
Post #61

1,000 + posts
Group Icon

Group: Members
Member No.: 2,169

QUOTE(DeeJayTwo @ Aug 4 2007, 05:40 PM) *
I've greatly appreciated being able to access BlackSDA for some months, and appreciate very much getting the information and points of view expressed here. I finally registered so I could reply to the tithe issue. This is something I feel strongly about, so here goes: The tithe is the Lord's, not ours. I do not "pay" "my" tithe. I "return it" to the Lord via His storehouse -- denominationally, the church. Viewed in this light I have a real problem with any ministry that knowingly accepts and uses tithe submitted by members of the Adventist Church. If I want to send offerings to other places the Lord has blessed my husband and me with the ability to return a second tithe in His name to missions and ministries. We have been praying for Him to move in a mighty way on His (not Danny's) ministry of 3ABN and hope the current news about AF/3ABN merger is a sign that He is doing so! Thanks for letting me vent!

Welcome to BlackSDA DeeJayTwo!!!

Your vent was well said!

--------------------
Got Peace?

John 14:27 Peace I leave with you; my peace I give you. I do not give to you as the world gives. Do not let your hearts be troubled and do not be afraid.

"Truth welcomes examination and doesn't need to defend itself, while deception hides in darkness and blames everyone else." Aunt B, 2007
Go to the top of the page

+Quote Post
Artiste
post Aug 4 2007, 09:57 PM
Post #62

Advanced Member

Member No.: 3,569

QUOTE(sister @ Aug 2 2007, 10:28 PM) *
Before we delve too deeply into the topic of where is the “store house”, etc., it might be wise to return to the topic of the thread: 3ABN diverting tithe from the SDA Church.

• It is a fact that 3ABN knowing takes tithe from whomever is willing to give it to them, including members of the SDA Church (Danny has now publically confirmed that fact on air)

• The majority of 3ABN financial support is supplied from members of the SDA Church (Beartrap can back me up on this statement)

• To date all major 3ABN fund-raising “Rallies” have taken place at SDA Churches, at the facilities of SDA institutions, at SDA Camp meetings, etc.

• ASI members are not allowed to knowingly accept tithe from members of the SDA Church

Based upon the above statements, it follows that the answer is yes, 3ABN does divert tithe from the SDA Church.

Should 3ABN be a member, in good standing, of ASI. According to their official stand on accepting tithe: NO. So why are the leadership of ASI so supportive of 3ABN?

So why are they so supportive of 3ABN? Or, also important, do they still continue their same level of support considering the most recent events?

+Quote Post
Johann
post Aug 4 2007, 11:23 PM
Post #63

1,000 + posts
Group Icon

From: Iceland, formerly Denmark, Norway, USA, Sierra Leone, Nigeria, Faeroe Islands. Bound for Heaven.
Member No.: 686

QUOTE(Artiste @ Aug 5 2007, 05:57 AM) *
So why are they so supportive of 3ABN? Or, also important, do they still continue their same level of support considering the most recent events?

An interesting development at this convention is why ASI suddenly diverts their attention away from 3ABN and towards LifeStyleTV in Europe?

--------------------
"Any fact that needs to be disclosed should be put out now or as quickly as possible, because otherwise the bleeding will not end." (Attributed to Henry Kissinger)

"He who passively accepts evil is as much involved in it as he who helps to perpetrate it" (Martin Luther King)

"The truth can lose nothing by close investigation". (1888 Materials 38)

+Quote Post
Artiste
post Aug 4 2007, 11:32 PM
Post #64

Advanced Member

QUOTE(Johann @ Aug 4 2007, 10:23 PM) *
An interesting development at this convention is why ASI suddenly diverts their attention away from 3ABN and towards LifeStyleTV in Europe?

They did?

+Quote Post
Johann
post Aug 4 2007, 11:38 PM
Post #65

1,000 + posts
Group Icon

From: Iceland, formerly Denmark, Norway, USA, Sierra Leone, Nigeria, Faeroe Islands. Bound for Heaven.

QUOTE(Artiste @ Aug 5 2007, 07:32 AM) *
They did?

According to a mutual friend I talked to who is a keen observer right on the spot at the convention.

--------------------
"Any fact that needs to be disclosed should be put out now or as quickly as possible, because otherwise the bleeding will not end." (Attributed to Henry Kissinger)

"He who passively accepts evil is as much involved in it as he who helps to perpetrate it" (Martin Luther King)

+Quote Post
sister
post Aug 5 2007, 12:26 AM
Post #66

500 + posts
Group Icon

Member No.: 762

Both Lifestyle Television in Sweden and 3ABN will benefit from this years ASI Offering, according to the ASI website, no dollar amounts were listed for any of the new projects:

LIFESTYLE TV (SWEDEN)
The Gospel has been broadcast via satellite to 5,000,000 viewers across secular Scandinavia for more than a year. Increased production is needed. A make-shift studio in a dining room is serving as a studio—what is needed is a real studio. The grant this year will help make it happen.

THREE ANGELS' BROADCASTING NETWORK
A current challenge for 3ABN is inadequate operating space—it has outgrown the physical capacity of the Call Center, seriously taxing the capability to meet viewers’ needs of services. Funding will provide help to add 13,000 square feet of operating space.

Debbie Young is the outgoing president of ASI (2003-2007). Donna McNeilus, was newly elected as ASI president at the 2007 ASI convention in Louisville, Kentucky (August 1-4). Donna is the daughter-in-law of Garwin McNeilus and the wife of Denzil McNeilus. Denzil was the ASI President from 1999-2003.

Questions concerning ASI and 3ABN? Contact Donna McNeilus...

By the way, Bob, is Pickle Publishing a member of ASI? I am sure you have been too busy to attend the ASI Convention.

This post has been edited by sister: Aug 5 2007, 12:28 AM

+Quote Post
Artiste
post Aug 5 2007, 12:27 AM
Post #67

Advanced Member

QUOTE(Johann @ Aug 4 2007, 10:38 PM) *
According to a mutual friend I talked to who is a keen observer right on the spot at the convention.

Oh.

+Quote Post
Artiste
post Aug 5 2007, 12:29 AM
Post #68

Advanced Member

QUOTE(sister @ Aug 4 2007, 11:26 PM) *
Debbie Young is the outgoing president of ASI (2003-2007). Donna McNeilus, was newly elected as ASI president at the 2007 ASI convention in Louisville, Kentucky (August 1-4). Donna is the daughter-in-law of Garwin McNeilus and the wife of Denzil McNeilus. Denzil was the ASI President from 1999-2003.

I did notice the progression of presidents which I thought was interesting.

+Quote Post
Artiste
post Aug 5 2007, 12:37 AM
Post #69

Advanced Member

QUOTE(sister @ Aug 4 2007, 11:26 PM) *
Both Lifestyle Television in Sweden and 3ABN will benefit from this years ASI Offering, according to the ASI website, no dollar amounts were listed for any of the new projects:

THREE ANGELS' BROADCASTING NETWORK
A current challenge for 3ABN is inadequate operating space—it has outgrown the physical capacity of the Call Center, seriously taxing the capability to meet viewers’ needs of services. Funding will provide help to add

How can ASI be giving donations to 3ABN at the same time that the General Conference is reportedly saying that the denomination cannot accept funds for 3ABN?

+Quote Post
Johann
post Aug 5 2007, 04:05 AM
Post #70

1,000 + posts
Group Icon

QUOTE(sister @ Aug 5 2007, 08:26 AM) *

Danny Shelton has told me that he managed to convince Donna McNeilus that he is innocent and Linda is guilty by referring to some material he had obtained illegally.

--------------------

+Quote Post
Johann
post Aug 5 2007, 04:33 AM
Post #71

1,000 + posts
Group Icon

My friend at ASI wondered why the keynote speaker was not a president or vice-president of the GC this year. This has been the custom for years.

Is the GC distancing itself from ASI or is it ASI that distances itself from the GC?

--------------------

+Quote Post
watchbird
post Aug 5 2007, 08:17 AM
Post #72

1,000 + posts
Group Icon

Member No.: 1,712

QUOTE(Johann @ Aug 5 2007, 06:33 AM) *
My friend at ASI wondered why the keynote speaker was not a president or vice-president of the GC this year. This has been the custom for years.

Is the GC distancing itself from ASI or is it ASI that distances itself from the GC?

"Elementary, my dear Watson."

The ASI meetings are broadcast on 3abn.

The GC has said that conference personnel are not to make new programming on 3abn.

The president and all vice-presidents of the GC are "conference personnel ".

Ergo.... the keynote speaker could not be a GC president or vice-president unless one of them acted contrary to their own directive.

The keynote speaker was NOT a president or vice-president of the GC.

Ergo.... the president and vice-presidents of the GC are acting in harmony with their own directive.

I think we can deduce from this that even though various "conference personell" within the territory of the NAD are NOT following those directives, that at least the top GC personell ARE doing so.

I think we can also deduce from this that ASI is flaunting the GC's directive... unless they are abiding by only the "letter"... which does not attempt to extend its jurisdiction to non-conference employees.

Question. Were the keynote speaker and all others featured on 3abn during ASI "independents"? Or did "conference personell" at other levels flaunt the GC directive by appearing on 3abn?

Questions remain. One of these is:

What does this mean as to the future relationship between ASI and GC?

Which takes us back to our "historic" BSDA "signoff".....

Stay tuned........ TVsnack.gif..........

+Quote Post
amesj
post Aug 5 2007, 08:27 AM
Post #73

Welcome Newbie

Member No.: 4,165

The individual who makes a free-will choicecontribution (be it first, second, third tithe, offering, or whatever) to any ministry (denominations included) is responsible for giving those funds.

If the individual chooses to give to a denomination, then the individual is "diverting" funds from another ministry, or vice-versa.

It is not 3ABN (or any other ministry) that diverts funds from the SDA Church. The individual who makes a choice does.

All ministries/organizations dependent on voluntary giving/tithing (3ABN, Quiet Hour, VOP, SDA, Baptist, etc) is subject to the Elijah message of "No Rain". As paraphrased by Hudson Taylor "God's work done God's way will not lack God's funds."

+Quote Post
Johann
post Aug 5 2007, 08:33 AM
Post #74

1,000 + posts
Group Icon

QUOTE(sister @ Aug 5 2007, 08:26 AM) *

This should have been a part of the following:

This post has been edited by Johann: Aug 5 2007, 08:37 AM

--------------------

+Quote Post
Johann
post Aug 5 2007, 08:36 AM
Post #75

1,000 + posts
Group Icon

QUOTE(Johann @ Aug 5 2007, 12:33 PM) *

When I mentioned these facts to a senior leader who has been the president of two different Unions, he commented that such a division takes place when unlimited amounts of dollars rule our mission.

--------------------

+Quote Post

7 Pages V  « < 3 4 5 6 7 >
Reply to this topicStart new topic
1 User(s) are reading this topic (1 Guests and 0 Anonymous Users)
0 Members:

Lo-Fi Version Time is now: 27th March 2008 - 12:13 PM
Design by: Download IPB Skins & eBusiness
BlackSDA has no official affiliation or endorsement from the Seventh-day Adventist church