Archive of http://www.blacksda.com/forums/index.php?showtopic=14595&st=75 preserved for the defense in 3ABN and Danny Shelton v. Joy and Pickle.
Links altered to maintain their integrity and aid in navigation, but content otherwise unchanged.
Saved at 01:24:18 PM on March 27, 2008.
IPB

Welcome Guest ( Log In | Register )

8 Pages V  « < 4 5 6 7 8 >  
Reply to this topicStart new topic
> Amazing Story Of 3abn Board Malfeasance Just Posted On Save3abn!, How Attorney Nick Miller Was Blackmailed
Pickle
post Aug 5 2007, 12:41 PM
Post #76

1,000 + posts
Group Icon

Group: Members
Member No.: 1,960

QUOTE(Clay @ Aug 5 2007, 12:34 PM) *
apples and oranges... and I think you know that.....

No, I think it's apples and apples.
Go to the top of the page

+Quote Post
Pickle
post Aug 5 2007, 12:44 PM
Post #77

1,000 + posts
Group Icon

QUOTE(PeacefullyBewildered @ Aug 5 2007, 12:41 PM) *
Bob,

Please take a deep breath and think clearly here. Duane gave you permission for the posting of Tommy's email. It was his to give. And Tom Foley's? You will have to weigh that one on your own as I don't know the background there.

PB

Then if that is your criteria, if all we need to post something is the permission of either the sender or the recipient, then we have ALL the permission we ever needed.

Nick was the sender, Gailon was the immediate recipient, Nick's answer was to a question I asked him, and Gailon sent his answer to me.

Thus all we needed to get was permission from Nick, Gailon, or myself. And we met that criteria, according to the standards you just laid out.

+Quote Post
Artiste
post Aug 5 2007, 12:54 PM
Post #78

Advanced Member

Member No.: 3,569

QUOTE(PeacefullyBewildered @ Aug 5 2007, 07:46 AM) *
Sent: Sunday, August 05, 2007 10:06 AM
To: G. Arthur Joy, Bob Pickle
Cc: Walt Thompson, Ken Denslow
Subject: Recent Post on Save3abn

To Mr. Joy and Mr. Pickle,

I found Dr. Thompson and other members of the board consistently responsive to whatever management and operational concerns that I raised, and a number of committees dealing with these matters were still operational at the time of my departure. I found generally that they were a gracious group of Christian gentleman and ladies attempting to responsibly further the gospel broadcasting ministry, at times under challenging circumstances.

Unfortunately, you have not always seemed to take the same high road in responding to Three Angels’ challenges....

Sincerely,

Nicholas Miller

I am not sure I can agree with the above evaluation of the 3ABN board members in light of what we know about the actions of some of them.

Nick Miller specifically mentions Dr. Walt Thompson. We have seen evidence that Walt Thompson has over and over perpetrated fasehoods and misconceptions.

Why is Nick Miller attempting to put the 3ABN board in such a favorable light and Bob Pickle and Gailon Joy in an unfavorable light?

Gailon Joy is fighting a battle to vindicate victims of abuse and the counteract the misuse of millions of dollars of donor money.

+Quote Post
Pickle
post Aug 5 2007, 12:54 PM
Post #79

1,000 + posts
Group Icon

QUOTE(PeacefullyBewildered @ Aug 5 2007, 12:33 PM) *
Bob,

You said:
"Clay,

So while we waited 9 months, we should have instead waited 9 years? Even if his letter is now, [b]if I understand correctly
, a matter of public record?" [/b]

You have not confirmed that your understanding is correct. Nick shared his email with the condition, written clearly at the end, that it not be shared. He said"

"But please do not spread it more broadly, only to those that know of the allegation against me."

Even reporters, who have confidential sources, ask permission before they unmask them.

PB

The only way I can confirm that my understanding is correct is to get a copy of the court record. I'm not in a position to do that at the moment.

And those who want to condemn are free to confirm in the same way their suspicions and reports the results of their investigation here. But to think the worst without having confirmed that there really is an ethical problem is unwarranted.

Now I wonder how much of an outcry there will be from some here against Nick that he sat on this story so long, leaving other vulnerable people at risk. Highly unethical, in my opinion.

+Quote Post
PeacefulBe
post Aug 5 2007, 01:01 PM
Post #80

1,000 + posts
Group Icon

Member No.: 2,169

QUOTE(Pickle @ Aug 5 2007, 11:44 AM) *
Then if that is your criteria, if all we need to post something is the permission of either the sender or the recipient, then we have ALL the permission we ever needed.

Nick was the sender, Gailon was the immediate recipient, Nick's answer was to a question I asked him, and Gailon sent his answer to me.

Thus all we needed to get was permission from Nick, Gailon, or myself. And we met that criteria, according to the standards you just laid out.

The big difference here, Bob, is that Tommy didn't tell Duane to keep this confidential. Nick did. Let's not strain the gnats while we attempt to swallow camels. There is a better way.

PB

--------------------
Got Peace?

John 14:27 Peace I leave with you; my peace I give you. I do not give to you as the world gives. Do not let your hearts be troubled and do not be afraid.

"Truth welcomes examination and doesn't need to defend itself, while deception hides in darkness and blames everyone else." Aunt B, 2007

+Quote Post
Clay
post Aug 5 2007, 01:01 PM
Post #81

5,000 + posts
Group Icon

Group: Administrator
Member No.: 4

Whateva Pickle... its becoming clear that the strategy you employ comes from the same manual the Danny defenders have used.... same book different chapter.... the ends justify the means.... I have no doubt that there is a hidden agenda working somewhere.....

This whole saga is messy and tiresome... and I am done with it all.....

--------------------
"you are as sick as your secrets...." -quote from Celebrity Rehab-

+Quote Post
Pickle
post Aug 5 2007, 01:04 PM
Post #82

1,000 + posts
Group Icon

QUOTE(sonshineonme @ Aug 5 2007, 01:33 PM) *
I have purposely stayed out of making any comments on this situation, because I have learned over the past three years, there is much more to the story then people realize. But, I want to say this:

Things are done in particular ways for particular reasons ..... to protect those people who have a part in this situation.

I also know that some things are not as literal as they appear.

I know how some things have to occur in order to, lets say, be done "correctly".

Much can be learned by reading between the lines....and the rest will come later.

I believe that this is much more on the up and up then it may appear for most of you.

Of course, maybe this is just me.

No, it isn't just you.

We will do what we can to protect the innocent, and those who have simply made innocent mistakes. Now if everyone just wants to be eaten alive for the second course after they're done with us, maybe we should follow a different road.

But sorry, while we will gladly accept counsel, we are simply going to continue a course that will as far as possible protect the innocent and those who have simply made innocent mistakes.

There is more I would like to say, but I am forbidden to do so at this time. But that will change.

+Quote Post
Panama_Pete
post Aug 5 2007, 01:05 PM
Post #83

500 + posts
Group Icon

Member No.: 522

QUOTE(Clay @ Aug 5 2007, 12:56 PM) *
apples and oranges also... don't attempt to misdirect.... they did not get permission to post the letter.... they were wrong..... your explanation sounds like those explanations that we got from those defending Danny....

Johann didn't unpack his message.

We see clearly what the other guy is doing wrong, and then we fail to pay tax on our own out-of-state items that come on the delivery truck.

What Johann is saying is that in many areas, we probably are all doing things here and there that others would frown upon. In this respect, I would have to agree with Johann.

For instance, I listened to a sermon in church about the Ten Commandments from a pastor who passed me on the freeway on the way home. I was driving the speed limit. He was going faster.

These topics are studied in school in courses called Popular Culture.

Popular Culture explains why people use photos of themselves in publications that show them as they were ten years ago. Or why the pastor knows he can drive over the speed limit . It has to do with how we currently perceive things based on our culture.

Some folks here who are protesting the release of the letter already

• had copies of the letter
  • knew about this problem, or
  • heard rumors about it,
Isn't that true? I heard Nicholas Miller mentioned some time ago. Why should we be protesting now with a holier-than-thou attitude if we already heard about it or had such good connections that we had a copy of the letter?

Do I just complain when the "other guy" learns about it, but not me? Wouldn't that complaint make me a hypocrite? Of course, it would.

So, I think we should all take a breather and wait to see how this goes. After all, the horse is already out of the barn. The bell has been rung and cannot be unrung. And if Sonshineonme is right, there's more to this story than meets the eye. Let's wait and find out what it is before we attempt to get all of our exercise by jumping to conclusions.

This post has been edited by Panama_Pete: Aug 5 2007, 01:07 PM

+Quote Post
Pickle
post Aug 5 2007, 01:05 PM
Post #84

1,000 + posts
Group Icon

QUOTE(Clay @ Aug 5 2007, 02:01 PM) *
Whateva Pickle... its becoming clear that the strategy you employ comes from the same manual the Danny defenders have used.... same book different chapter.... the ends justify the means.... I have no doubt that there is a hidden agenda working somewhere.....

This whole saga is messy and tiresome... and I am done with it all.....

I think your opinion is mistaken, but I will respect you anyway.

+Quote Post
PeacefulBe
post Aug 5 2007, 01:10 PM
Post #85

1,000 + posts
Group Icon

Member No.: 2,169

QUOTE(Artiste @ Aug 5 2007, 11:54 AM) *
I am not sure I can agree with the above evaluation of the 3ABN board members in light of what we know about the actions of some of them.

Nick Miller specifically mentions Dr. Walt Thompson. We have seen evidence that Walt Thompson has over and over perpetrated fasehoods and misconceptions.

Why is Nick Miller attempting to put the 3ABN board in such a favorable light and Bob Pickle and Gailon Joy in an unfavorable light?

Gailon Joy is fighting a battle to vindicate victims of abuse and the counteract the misuse of millions of dollars of donor money.

I am fighting the same battle, Artiste, not to the same scale perhaps, but I have been at it for almost a year. We need to throw out the "All's fair in love and war" attitude and fight by right principle. Pointing out that Nick viewed the 3abn board as "generally" a gracious group of Christian gentlemen and ladies should not demonize him to the point of making it acceptable to betray a confidence, IMO. And, why was it that Nick specifically mentioned Walt? Because Walt was actively favorable to making positive changes. Sounds like some integrity to me.

PB

--------------------
Got Peace?

John 14:27 Peace I leave with you; my peace I give you. I do not give to you as the world gives. Do not let your hearts be troubled and do not be afraid.

"Truth welcomes examination and doesn't need to defend itself, while deception hides in darkness and blames everyone else." Aunt B, 2007

+Quote Post
Pickle
post Aug 5 2007, 01:11 PM
Post #86

1,000 + posts
Group Icon

QUOTE(PeacefullyBewildered @ Aug 5 2007, 02:01 PM) *
The big difference here, Bob, is that Tommy didn't tell Duane to keep this confidential. Nick did. Let's not strain the gnats while we attempt to swallow camels. There is a better way.

PB

If I got a letter like that, I would know it had to be kept confidential unless there was a compelling reason not to keep it so. Of course, there was a compelling reason. But the point is that some communications don't have to be marked confidential in order for us to know that that is what they are.

+Quote Post
Artiste
post Aug 5 2007, 01:12 PM
Post #87

Advanced Member

QUOTE(PeacefullyBewildered @ Aug 5 2007, 07:46 AM) *
Sent: Sunday, August 05, 2007 10:06 AM
To: G. Arthur Joy, Bob Pickle
Cc: Walt Thompson, Ken Denslow
Subject: Recent Post on Save3abn

To Mr. Joy and Mr. Pickle,

It has come to my attention that you very recently posted a new page on your “save3abn” website...

Nicholas Miller

I just now noticed that Nick Miller was sending a copy of his letter to Walt Thompson, the chairman of the 3ABN board, and Elder Kenneth Denslow, the president of the Illinois Conference who is also connected with 3ABN.

It seems like he is trying to cover his bases and get himself of the hook with any people who may cause him problems, both careerwise and legally.

That is understandable, but to insinuate that the 3ABN board is more Christian than Gailon Joy and Bob Pickle I cannot accept.

+Quote Post
Pickle
post Aug 5 2007, 01:16 PM
Post #88

1,000 + posts
Group Icon

QUOTE(PeacefullyBewildered @ Aug 5 2007, 02:10 PM) *
And, why was it that Nick specifically mentioned Walt? Because Walt was actively favorable to making positive changes. Sounds like some integrity to me.

PB

And Walt has been one of the biggest obstacles since then standing in the way of reform. He personally refused to consider my two requests to speak with the board, and when I asked him how I could go over his head and request such a privilege, he did not have the courtesy to reply.

+Quote Post
Pickle
post Aug 5 2007, 01:21 PM
Post #89

1,000 + posts
Group Icon

-------- Original Message --------
Subject: Re: Recent Post on Save3abn
Date: Sun, 05 Aug 2007 13:13:47 -0500
To: Nick Miller
CC: G. Arthur Joy, AUReporter, Walt Thompson, Ken Denslow

Hi Nick.

Since it is Gailon's website, we will have to wait and see what he decides to do about the matter.

According to what I understood him to write, your communication is now a part of court discovery materials, and I understand that to mean that it is now a matter of public record, and thus is free to publish. But not being an attorney, I could be mistaken.

You write, "One may or may not agree with all the ways the board has responded to those challenges. But they would not, in my experience, undermine or go contrary to basic principles of Christian respect and courtesy in dealing with others in doing so." I have to disagree. To date I am unaware of any of Tommy Shelton's alleged victims or their family members that Walt Thompson has personally contacted, and if any of the other board members have done so, neither they nor the alleged victims have told me about it. In my mind, this apparent neglect on the part of the 3ABN Board constitutes a most flagrant violation of the most basic principles of Christian respect and courtesy.

Now regarding your own situation, here is what happened: My friend told me last fall that you had been accused of billing improperly. You then gave me your side of the story, and I had your permission to share your side with my friend, since obviously he already knew the allegation against you. His response? "That's fraud!"

We will all deal with different situations differently. I for one think I would find it difficult to sweep that one under the rug if it had happened to me, lest the alleged perpetrator injure one victim after another. But how you dealt with it was your choice, not mine, even as the publishing of this story was Gailon's choice, not mine.

You have made a public accusation (since your letter was posted on a public forum) about "this whole conflict ... revealing a spirit and principles on both sides that is a cause of concern." If you have judged motives without first contacting us to inquire about what is going on, I suggest that that sort of public accusation isn't helpful.

Bob

[edited to remove an email address that I forgot to delete ... my own.]

This post has been edited by Pickle: Aug 5 2007, 01:24 PM

+Quote Post
Artiste
post Aug 5 2007, 01:23 PM
Post #90

Advanced Member

QUOTE(Panama_Pete @ Aug 5 2007, 12:05 PM) *
I heard Nicholas Miller mentioned some time ago. Why should we be protesting now with a holier-than-thou attitude if we already heard about it or had such good connections that we had a copy of the letter?

Do I just complain when the "other guy" learns about it, but not me? Wouldn't that complaint make me a hypocrite? Of course, it would.

It has been posted on this thread that others knew about the Nick Miller situation for a long time.

I have to agree with Panama Pete.

This post has been edited by Artiste: Aug 5 2007, 01:24 PM

+Quote Post

8 Pages V  « < 4 5 6 7 8 >
Reply to this topicStart new topic
1 User(s) are reading this topic (1 Guests and 0 Anonymous Users)
0 Members:

Lo-Fi Version Time is now: 27th March 2008 - 12:24 PM
Design by: Download IPB Skins & eBusiness
BlackSDA has no official affiliation or endorsement from the Seventh-day Adventist church