Archive of http://www.blacksda.com/forums/index.php?showtopic=14595&st=90 preserved for the defense in 3ABN and Danny Shelton v. Joy and Pickle.
Links altered to maintain their integrity and aid in navigation, but content otherwise unchanged.
Saved at 01:24:21 PM on March 27, 2008.
IPB

Welcome Guest ( Log In | Register )

8 Pages V  « < 5 6 7 8 >  
Reply to this topicStart new topic
> Amazing Story Of 3abn Board Malfeasance Just Posted On Save3abn!, How Attorney Nick Miller Was Blackmailed
PeacefulBe
post Aug 5 2007, 01:31 PM
Post #91

1,000 + posts
Group Icon

Group: Members
Member No.: 2,169

QUOTE(Panama_Pete @ Aug 5 2007, 12:05 PM) *
These topics are studied in school in courses called Popular Culture.

Popular Culture explains why people use photos of themselves in publications that show them as they were ten years ago. Or why the pastor knows he can drive over the speed limit . It has to do with how we currently perceive things based on our culture.

Some folks here who are protesting the release of the letter already

• had copies of the letter
  • knew about this problem, or
  • heard rumors about it,
Isn't that true? I heard Nicholas Miller mentioned some time ago. Why should we be protesting now with a holier-than-thou attitude if we already heard about it or had such good connections that we had a copy of the letter?

Do I just complain when the "other guy" learns about it, but not me? Wouldn't that complaint make me a hypocrite? Of course, it would.

So, I think we should all take a breather and wait to see how this goes. After all, the horse is already out of the barn. The bell has been rung and cannot be unrung. And if Sonshineonme is right, there's more to this story than meets the eye. Let's wait and find out what it is before we attempt to get all of our exercise by jumping to conclusions.

Panama_Pete,

I understand your point but I trust you aren't inferring that we should conduct this investigation according to Popular Culture.

For the record,
I didn't have a copy of this letter
I didn't know about it's existance
I had not heard rumors about it, other than hearing mention here that Nick Miller had not been treated well, before it was posted on Save3abn.

I am not trying to be holier-than-thou. I saw this action as possibly unethical and followed up to find out the truth. And I am concerned that all of this hard work to bring the truth to light could be undermined should it become evident that improper tactics were sometimes being used.

Some may be willing to quietly let something like this slide on by, but being quiet has never been my strong suit.

PB

--------------------
Got Peace?

John 14:27 Peace I leave with you; my peace I give you. I do not give to you as the world gives. Do not let your hearts be troubled and do not be afraid.

"Truth welcomes examination and doesn't need to defend itself, while deception hides in darkness and blames everyone else." Aunt B, 2007
Go to the top of the page

+Quote Post
Artiste
post Aug 5 2007, 01:34 PM
Post #92

Advanced Member

Member No.: 3,569

QUOTE(Pickle @ Aug 5 2007, 12:21 PM) *
-------- Original Message --------
Subject: Re: Recent Post on Save3abn
Date: Sun, 05 Aug 2007 13:13:47 -0500
To: Nick Miller
CC: G. Arthur Joy, AUReporter, Walt Thompson, Ken Denslow

Hi Nick.

...According to what I understood him to write, your communication is now a part of court discovery materials, and I understand that to mean that it is now a matter of public record, and thus is free to publish...

...You have made a public accusation (since your letter was posted on a public forum about "this whole
conflict ... revealing a spirit on both sides that is a cause of concern." If you have judged motives without first contacting us to inquire about what is going on, I suggest that that sort of public accusation isn't helpful.

Bob

Nick Miller's suggestions of culpability on the part of Gailon Joy and Bob Pickle indicate to me that he has more sympathy with the 3ABN side of things than he should.

This post has been edited by Artiste: Aug 5 2007, 04:39 PM

+Quote Post
Pickle
post Aug 5 2007, 01:56 PM
Post #93

1,000 + posts
Group Icon

Member No.: 1,960

QUOTE(PeacefullyBewildered @ Aug 5 2007, 02:31 PM) *
Panama_Pete,

I understand your point but I trust you aren't inferring that we should conduct this investigation according to Popular Culture.

For the record,
I didn't have a copy of this letter
I didn't know about it's existance
I had not heard rumors about it, other than hearing mention here that Nick Miller had not been treated well, before it was posted on Save3abn.

I am not trying to be holier-than-thou. I saw this action as possibly unethical and followed up to find out the truth. And I am concerned that all of this hard work to bring the truth to light could be undermined should it become evident that improper tactics were sometimes being used.

Some may be willing to quietly let something like this slide on by, but being quiet has never been my strong suit.

PB

But PB, Gailon put Nick in a good light in his first response to all of this. Now the posting of Nick's letter, and his writing a letter like that without communicating with us first, does not put him in the best light.

I think Nick is in a difficult spot, no matter what he does.

Did Gailon suggest at all anything negative about Nick's motives? Anything? Did Nick follow suit?

+Quote Post
Artiste
post Aug 5 2007, 02:09 PM
Post #94

Advanced Member

QUOTE(Pickle @ Aug 5 2007, 12:56 PM) *
But PB, Gailon put Nick in a good light in his first response to all of this. Now the posting of Nick's letter, and his writing a letter like that without communicating with us first, does not put him in the best light.

Did Gailon suggest at all anything negative about Nick's motives? Anything? Did Nick follow suit?

I agree, Nick has put himself in an uncomfortable position at this time, seeming almost to be doing a flip-flop.

+Quote Post
Artiste
post Aug 5 2007, 02:15 PM
Post #95

Advanced Member

QUOTE(Pickle @ Aug 5 2007, 12:04 PM) *
But sorry, while we will gladly accept counsel, we are simply going to continue a course that will as far as possible protect the innocent and those who have simply made innocent mistakes.

There is more I would like to say, but I am forbidden to do so at this time. But that will change.

I, for one, respect and appreciate your efforts.

+Quote Post
PeacefulBe
post Aug 5 2007, 02:30 PM
Post #96

1,000 + posts
Group Icon

That is not the point or the problem and I believe that in your heart you know it. The problem was posting the email on Save3abn without clear permission from Nick. That he called your tactics into question does not remove that original problem. It might make some feel more justified that it has been done, but is that the right spirit?

I think we all are in a difficult spot right now. I also believe that all is at risk at this point if some don't put feelings aside and step back up to Christian principle. What is the solution? You and Gailon get in touch with Nick and treat him right. Communicate with him and see what can be done to solve this situation.

Let's show that one side is willing to be open, transparent and ethical.

--------------------
Got Peace?

John 14:27 Peace I leave with you; my peace I give you. I do not give to you as the world gives. Do not let your hearts be troubled and do not be afraid.

"Truth welcomes examination and doesn't need to defend itself, while deception hides in darkness and blames everyone else." Aunt B, 2007

+Quote Post
Artiste
post Aug 5 2007, 02:36 PM
Post #97

Advanced Member

QUOTE(PeacefullyBewildered @ Aug 5 2007, 01:30 PM) *
What is the solution? You and Gailon get in touch with Nick and treat him right. Communicate with him and see what can be done to solve this situation.

It might be difficult to instruct Bob and Gailon as to exactly what to do ... it seems to me that they have minds of their own...

This post has been edited by Artiste: Aug 5 2007, 02:52 PM

+Quote Post
Clay
post Aug 5 2007, 02:38 PM
Post #98

5,000 + posts
Group Icon

Group: Administrator
Member No.: 4

those defending Danny and the methods employed by Save3abn are basically two sides of the same coin..... who would have thought.... might as well allow those to defend Danny back here because it appears some of their accusations about Pickle/Joy must have some merit....

--------------------
"you are as sick as your secrets...." -quote from Celebrity Rehab-

+Quote Post
Pickle
post Aug 5 2007, 03:57 PM
Post #99

1,000 + posts
Group Icon

QUOTE(PeacefullyBewildered @ Aug 5 2007, 03:30 PM) *
That is not the point or the problem and I believe that in your heart you know it. The problem was posting the email on Save3abn without clear permission from Nick. That he called your tactics into question does not remove that original problem. It might make some feel more justified that it has been done, but is that the right spirit?

I honestly don't see the issue. We have clear evidence of a serious, serious problem. And just because the person it happened to doesn't want it published, it never should be? I can respect your opinion, but I think you're wrong.

+Quote Post
Pickle
post Aug 5 2007, 03:58 PM
Post #100

1,000 + posts
Group Icon

QUOTE(Clay @ Aug 5 2007, 03:38 PM) *
those defending Danny and the methods employed by Save3abn are basically two sides of the same coin..... who would have thought.... might as well allow those to defend Danny back here because it appears some of their accusations about Pickle/Joy must have some merit....

Same coin? Can you share an example of where Danny refused to cover up evidence of corruption, despite the victim's request?

+Quote Post
Clay
post Aug 5 2007, 04:00 PM
Post #101

5,000 + posts
Group Icon

Group: Administrator
Member No.: 4

QUOTE(Pickle @ Aug 5 2007, 04:58 PM) *
Same coin? Can you share an example of where Danny refused to cover up evidence of corruption, despite the victim's request?

not going there with you Pickle... you believe in your cause regardless of the means used...

--------------------
"you are as sick as your secrets...." -quote from Celebrity Rehab-

+Quote Post
Pickle
post Aug 5 2007, 04:05 PM
Post #102

1,000 + posts
Group Icon

That's fine.

This post has been edited by Pickle: Aug 5 2007, 04:14 PM

+Quote Post
Observer
post Aug 5 2007, 06:44 PM
Post #103

500 + posts
Group Icon

Member No.: 1,664

This is a general comment, and it is not made in response to any one post:

In my opinion, we are wasting our time in criticizing attorney Nick Miller. He is not the demon. We may not agree with everything that he does and says. But, our time and emotional energy is not sufficient to criticize everyone with whom we disagree on some point. As one who has defended Linda, I believe that any negative comments made against Mr. Miller hurt us more than they help us. I will suggest that we are better off by simply moving beyond certain comments that he has made, and leaving him alone as far as criticizing him.

There is a very clear construct in psychology that one must be selective in the perceived affronts to which one responds. One does not have to respond to every issue that is raised. One does not have to defend against every negative comment that is made. Those who most successfully teach assertiveness training also teach counter-assertiveness training.

Mr. Miller appears to me to be a man of principle and honor;. If he has some view that differs from my view, so be it.

--------------------
Gregory Matthews posts here under the name "Observer."

+Quote Post
PeacefulBe
post Aug 5 2007, 08:40 PM
Post #104

1,000 + posts
Group Icon

Bob,

Nick wrote the email that I posted and sent it to you, Gailon, Walt Thompson and Ken Denslow first. He then forwarded me a copy along with permission to post it.

If you look at the post, by clicking here, you will see Nick's email to me with the time stamp of 7:08 AM which is PDT and the email that he sent to you all first at 10:06 his time, which I assume is EDT. That is two minutes before. I then posted the email on BSDA at 7:46 AM PDT. You had your emails a full 40 minutes before I posted.

PB

--------------------
Got Peace?

+Quote Post
Pickle
post Aug 5 2007, 09:38 PM
Post #105

1,000 + posts
Group Icon

PB,

You misunderstood what I meant, but I'm not sure it's worth explaining further.

+Quote Post

8 Pages V  « < 5 6 7 8 >
Reply to this topicStart new topic
1 User(s) are reading this topic (1 Guests and 0 Anonymous Users)
0 Members:

Lo-Fi Version Time is now: 27th March 2008 - 12:24 PM
Design by: Download IPB Skins & eBusiness
BlackSDA has no official affiliation or endorsement from the Seventh-day Adventist church