Archive of http://www.blacksda.com/forums/index.php?showtopic=14596&st=30 preserved for the defense in 3ABN and Danny Shelton v. Joy and Pickle.
Links altered to maintain their integrity and aid in navigation, but content otherwise unchanged.
Saved at 01:14:55 PM on March 27, 2008.
IPB

Welcome Guest ( Log In | Register )

14 Pages V  < 1 2 3 4 5 > »   
Closed TopicStart new topic
> Merger Off?
Rosyroi
post Aug 3 2007, 11:09 AM
Post #31

Advanced Member

Group: Members
Member No.: 2,536

"A merger would have been good if and only if 3ABN were brought to denominational standards of employment and financial transparency, rather than AF losing theirs. Along with that would have been some auditing of past books, which would probably have brought more, uh, "thingies" into daylight and oxygen."

In my mind this is one of the main reasons the merger didn't happen. Danny Shelton Will NOT allow that to happen.

btw...I like the word "thingies". There may be more "thingies" available that we haven't been exposed to so far.

on "daylight"... when some nasty germies are exposed to daylight they die quickly.

on "oxygen"... some nasty germies don't like too much oxygen; they die too.

IMHO

Rosyroi

--------------------

"Joy, Love, Peace, Long Suffering, Gentleness, Goodness, Faith, Meekness, and Self Control are what being full of the Holy Spirit is all about." Galations 5.

"Don't waste your time waiting and longing for large opportunities which may never come, but faitfully handle the little things that are always claiming your attention..." F.B. Meyers

"Truth welcomes examination and doesn't need to defend itself, while deception hides in darkness and blames everyone else." Aunt B. 2007

"For GOD so LOVED you and me..." John 3:16

"I believe that there is a devil, and here's Satan's agenda. First, he doesn't want anyone having kids. Secondly, if they do conceive, he wants them killed.
If they're not killed through abortion, he wants them neglected or abused physically, emotionally, sexually...One way or another, the legions of hell want to destroy children because children become the future adults and leaders. If they (legions) can warp or wound a child, he or she becomes a warped or wounded adult who passes on this affliction to the next generation". -Terry Randall in TIME Magazine, October 21, 1991
Go to the top of the page

+Quote Post
PeacefulBe
post Aug 3 2007, 11:12 AM
Post #32

1,000 + posts
Group Icon

Member No.: 2,169

QUOTE(SoulEspresso @ Aug 3 2007, 08:24 AM) *
But we could do it ... we'd just have to start with the definitions as used by each side ...

SE,

I say start such a thread and let's see what we can accomplish!

PB

--------------------
Got Peace?

John 14:27 Peace I leave with you; my peace I give you. I do not give to you as the world gives. Do not let your hearts be troubled and do not be afraid.

"Truth welcomes examination and doesn't need to defend itself, while deception hides in darkness and blames everyone else." Aunt B, 2007

+Quote Post
Artiste
post Aug 3 2007, 04:44 PM
Post #33

Advanced Member

Member No.: 3,569

QUOTE(SoulEspresso @ Aug 3 2007, 06:54 AM) *
Doug B has never struck me as being the crook Danny apparently is (if there is evidence to the contrary, would someone please put it somewhere on the Internet?! Ian?!), but the photo op at the initial announcement made me think, here's a man who likes the idea of his own satellite channel waaay too much.

The tricky thing for church leaders to learn about themselves is this: how much power can I be trusted with? Like I said, I don't think Doug B is a crook (how much less so now that the merger is off! clapping.gif ) but all the other consolidating he wants to do makes me nervous.

I agree with you on this.

+Quote Post
princessdi
post Aug 3 2007, 04:52 PM
Post #34

5,000 + posts
Group Icon

Group: Administrator
Member No.: 47

I never saw how this was going to work it anyway. AF we adamant about staying under NCC, and 3ABN about being a totally independent ministry. Somebody was going to have to change, I didn't see that happening.

--------------------
TTFN
Di

And we know that all things work together for good to them that love God, to them who are the called according to his purpose---Romans 8:28

A great many people believe they are thinking when they are merely rearranging their prejudices.-- William James

It is better to be silent and be thought a fool, than to speak and remove all doubt.- Mark Twain

+Quote Post
mikell
post Aug 3 2007, 04:53 PM
Post #35

Advanced Member

Member No.: 3,546

QUOTE(Rosyroi @ Aug 3 2007, 11:09 AM) *
"A merger would have been good if and only if 3ABN were brought to denominational standards of employment and financial transparency, rather than AF losing theirs. Along with that would have been some auditing of past books, which would probably have brought more, uh, "thingies" into daylight and oxygen."

In my mind this is one of the main reasons the merger didn't happen. Danny Shelton Will NOT allow that to happen.

btw...I like the word "thingies". There may be more "thingies" available that we haven't been exposed to so far.

on "daylight"... when some nasty germies are exposed to daylight they die quickly.

on "oxygen"... some nasty germies don't like too much oxygen; they die too.

IMHO
Rosyroi

Are you suggesting that it could have been Danny called off the merger, instead of Doug? If that were the case, my esteem of db just esteemed out, sad.gif

+Quote Post
princessdi
post Aug 3 2007, 04:58 PM
Post #36

5,000 + posts
Group Icon

Group: Administrator
Member No.: 47

Now, now, Mikell, it stilljust meant that DB stuck to his guns and Danny could not get the terms he's hoped by "initiating" the deal. He may have very well meant to basically "absorb" AF in all ways but name and reputation, the portions which he was in need.

QUOTE(mikell @ Aug 3 2007, 03:53 PM) *
Are you suggesting that it could have been Danny called off the merger, instead of Doug? If that were the case, my esteem of db just esteemed out, sad.gif

--------------------
TTFN
Di

And we know that all things work together for good to them that love God, to them who are the called according to his purpose---Romans 8:28

A great many people believe they are thinking when they are merely rearranging their prejudices.-- William James

It is better to be silent and be thought a fool, than to speak and remove all doubt.- Mark Twain

+Quote Post
Artiste
post Aug 4 2007, 11:32 AM
Post #37

Advanced Member

QUOTE(simplysaved @ Aug 2 2007, 06:40 PM) *

As always, these two dynamic, soul-winning ministries will continue their supportive relationship in ministry, including the upcoming Here We Stand revival series in September.

Pastor Doug[/b]

http://www.amazingfacts.org/news/read_news.asp?ID=159

I overlooked this when I first read the message from Doug Batchelor. It essentially refers to 3ABN as a "dynamic, soul-winning ministry". It then goes on to say that they will continue their mutually supportive ministry work.

This may be a diplomatic and politically correct statement but still...

This post has been edited by Artiste: Aug 4 2007, 11:32 AM

+Quote Post
ex3ABNemployee
post Aug 4 2007, 10:49 PM
Post #38

Advanced Member

Member No.: 2,722

QUOTE(Clay @ Aug 2 2007, 08:23 PM) *
This was just posted on Christian Forums.... you all check your sources....

Hmmm...I seem to remember a lot of fanfare about "visions" and "confirmation" that this merger was what God wanted.

God must've changed His mind again..... blink.gif

--------------------
Duane Clem

It's not about religion, it's about a relationship.

Gems of Wisdom
"Lisa and Ronda are not Danny's biological father." -- wwjd, 2/8/07
"Watchbird, The facts prove the above lie." -- wwjd, 2/13/07
"Another lie that can be proven..." -- Bystander, 3/18/07
"The thing about lies is they can be proven." -- Aletheia, 3/22/07
"I am not here to argue" -- Aletheia, 4/24/07
"She didn't move to 3ABN, she moved to Illinois" -- Aletheia, 4/25/07
"Hope is liberal. 3abn is not." -- steffan, 6/9/07
"Danny Shelton does not decide what goes on the air, period." -- appletree, 8/22/07

http://www.save-3abn.com/
http://www.investigating3abn.info/
http://rescue3abn.blog.com/
http://www.abundantrest.org/?p=74
http://abundantrest.org/2007/02/18/3abn-sa...ons-retirement/
http://anewsabbathschool.blogspot.com/2006...ain-wrecks.html
http://cafesda.blogspot.com/2006/08/atoday...bn-news_21.html
http://www.atoday.com/email/2007/02/12/
http://spectrummagazine.typepad.com/the_sp...eans_and_e.html

+Quote Post
PeacefulBe
post Aug 5 2007, 10:16 AM
Post #39

1,000 + posts
Group Icon

Member No.: 2,169

QUOTE(ex3ABNemployee @ Aug 4 2007, 09:49 PM) *
Hmmm...I seem to remember a lot of fanfare about "visions" and "confirmation" that this merger was what God wanted.

God must've changed His mind again..... blink.gif

Perhaps we will hear the story of Jonah and Ninevah in an upcoming broadcast.

--------------------
Got Peace?

John 14:27 Peace I leave with you; my peace I give you. I do not give to you as the world gives. Do not let your hearts be troubled and do not be afraid.

"Truth welcomes examination and doesn't need to defend itself, while deception hides in darkness and blames everyone else." Aunt B, 2007

+Quote Post
Rosyroi
post Aug 5 2007, 10:40 AM
Post #40

Advanced Member

Member No.: 2,536

QUOTE(mikell @ Aug 3 2007, 03:53 PM) *

Not really suggesting anything. I don't know what the situation really was. Just my opinion...thinking out loud. biggrin.gif (the usual foot in mouth disease)

Rosyroi

--------------------

"Joy, Love, Peace, Long Suffering, Gentleness, Goodness, Faith, Meekness, and Self Control are what being full of the Holy Spirit is all about." Galations 5.

"Don't waste your time waiting and longing for large opportunities which may never come, but faitfully handle the little things that are always claiming your attention..." F.B. Meyers

"Truth welcomes examination and doesn't need to defend itself, while deception hides in darkness and blames everyone else." Aunt B. 2007

"For GOD so LOVED you and me..." John 3:16

"I believe that there is a devil, and here's Satan's agenda. First, he doesn't want anyone having kids. Secondly, if they do conceive, he wants them killed.
If they're not killed through abortion, he wants them neglected or abused physically, emotionally, sexually...One way or another, the legions of hell want to destroy children because children become the future adults and leaders. If they (legions) can warp or wound a child, he or she becomes a warped or wounded adult who passes on this affliction to the next generation". -Terry Randall in TIME Magazine, October 21, 1991

+Quote Post
Richard Sherwin
post Aug 5 2007, 10:59 AM
Post #41

1,000 + posts
Group Icon

Member No.: 2,231

I think it very well might have been Danny that called off the merger. AF works within denomination guidelines, 3abn does not. Maybe Doug demanded that 3abn abide by those guidelines and Danny said no and therefore called off the merger.

I can't believe denomination guidelines would have allowed the going ons at 3abn.

Richard

QUOTE(Rosyroi @ Aug 5 2007, 12:40 PM) *
Not really suggesting anything. I don't know what the situation really was. Just my opinion...thinking out loud. biggrin.gif (the usual foot in mouth disease)

Rosyroi

This post has been edited by Richard Sherwin: Aug 5 2007, 11:00 AM

+Quote Post
mikell
post Aug 5 2007, 11:46 AM
Post #42

Advanced Member

Member No.: 3,546

QUOTE(Rosyroi @ Aug 5 2007, 10:40 AM) *

Rosyroi

Well, I was just being facetious. My real thinking is, of course Doug was the one who called it off. He became aware of Danny's world of total corruption. Doug, who as high esteem by many Adventists, if he had the merger take place. His name would have brought creditability to 3ABN, thus greater number of donors' money, as Danny still be there in the back ground raking in all the millions in, so the good days are here again! His wealth would have return, thus so would have the jet planes and the expensive horses! Now, since Doug called it all off, I believe that Danny boy is crybaby.gif someplace.

+Quote Post
Richard Sherwin
post Aug 5 2007, 12:19 PM
Post #43

1,000 + posts
Group Icon

Member No.: 2,231

Of course Danny and the IRS might have a disagreement as to the value of those horses......biggrin.gif

QUOTE(mikell @ Aug 5 2007, 01:46 PM) *
Well, I was just being facetious. My real thinking is, of course Doug was the one who called it off. He became aware of Danny's world of total corruption. Doug, who as high esteem by many Adventists, if he had the merger take place. His name would have brought creditability to 3ABN, thus greater number of donors' money, as Danny still be there in the back ground raking in all the millions in, so the good days are here again! His wealth would have return, thus so would have the jet planes and the expensive horses! Now, since Doug called it all off, I believe that Danny boy is crybaby.gif someplace.

+Quote Post
watchbird
post Aug 5 2007, 02:42 PM
Post #44

1,000 + posts
Group Icon

Member No.: 1,712

QUOTE(mikell @ Aug 5 2007, 01:46 PM) *

I think maybe we should remember that Amazing Facts has a real board, with a real chairman, who makes real decisions... and that one significant difference between the AF board and the 3abn board is that of the relationship the speaker of Amazing Facts and the president of 3abn has to their respective boards. While the board members of 3abn apparently "serve at the pleasure of the president"... at Amazing Facts the president/speaker "serves at the pleasure of the board".

If the decision to drop the merger had come from 3abn, it is doubtless that Danny would have been the one to make that decision. Howver, since the decision came from Amazing Facts, then it represents the decision of the AF board... and Doug may or may not have had significant input into that decision.

+Quote Post
Artiste
post Aug 5 2007, 02:47 PM
Post #45

Advanced Member

[quote name='watchbird' date='Aug 5 2007, 01:42 PM' post='208504']
If the decision to drop the merger had come from 3abn, it is doubtless that Danny would have been the one to make that decision. Howver, since the decision came from Amazing Facts, then it represents the decision of the AF board... and Doug may or may not have had significant input into that decision.[/quote]

That makes sense in the light of Doug's continuing willingness to work with 3ABN and his positive comments concerning 3ABN in his news release.

This post has been edited by Artiste: Aug 5 2007, 02:48 PM

+Quote Post

14 Pages V  < 1 2 3 4 5 > » 
Closed TopicStart new topic
1 User(s) are reading this topic (1 Guests and 0 Anonymous Users)
0 Members:

Lo-Fi Version Time is now: 27th March 2008 - 12:14 PM
Design by: Download IPB Skins & eBusiness
BlackSDA has no official affiliation or endorsement from the Seventh-day Adventist church