Archive of http://www.blacksda.com/forums/index.php?showtopic=14695&st=120 preserved for the defense in 3ABN and Danny Shelton v. Joy and Pickle.
Links altered to maintain their integrity and aid in navigation, but content otherwise unchanged.
Saved at 01:13:01 PM on March 27, 2008.
IPB

Welcome Guest ( Log In | Register )

12 Pages V  « < 7 8 9 10 11 > »   
Reply to this topicStart new topic
> The Beginning Of The End For Danny Shelton?, From AT -
lowender
post Aug 10 2007, 11:46 PM
Post #121

Advanced Member

Group: Members
Member No.: 3,696

QUOTE(beartrap @ Aug 10 2007, 04:48 PM) *
LOL. Lowender, any advice for a gentleman who has questions?

Danny Shelton wants 2 things: First, he wants his television ministry to be back to the prominence it once had with him as the power-broker in the SDA church. Second, he wants not to feel guilty for his quickie divorce/re-marriage.

To get this, he tries 2 things... Sue some choice people to intimidate the rest of us from speaking ill of him, and merge with the most recognized SDA evangelist for justification of his actions and to help save his floundering empire.

Well, the merge blew up in his face... He was rejected. I don't care what kind of legal spin Appletree puts on that, Danny got booted to the curb. When he tries to say otherwise, just remind him of all the "visions" and "revelations" that the talking heads on 3ABN were supposedly, conveniently having.

This lawsuit now is a distraction. I would venture to guess that Danny & his lawyers don't want this to get to court because a well-reasoned judge is going to toss it for more important cases...
Go to the top of the page

+Quote Post
YogusBearus
post Aug 11 2007, 09:29 AM
Post #122

Advanced Member

Member No.: 2,905

QUOTE(Ozzie @ Aug 7 2007, 07:40 PM) *
August 7, 2007
In This Issue
BREAKING NEWS: Special Report

Contact Lee
Forward to a Friend

Adventist Today
P.O. Box 8026
Riverside, CA 92515-8026 800.236.3641
BREAKING NEWS: Special Report

The Beginning of the End for 3ABN Under Danny Shelton?: Report from the ASI Convention
Ervin Taylor, Executive Editor, AToday.com (August 7, 2007)

Reports have been received by Adventist Today from credible, first-hand sources that include individuals privy to discussions going on inside the Three Angels Broadcasting Network (3ABN) organization and those who attended the just-concluded (August 1-5) Adventist-Laymen's Services and Industries (ASI) Convention in Louisville, Kentucky.

These reports indicate that considerable confusion existed among 3ABN staff concerning the merger talks between 3ABN and Amazing Facts. Many 3ABN employees had been led to believe that there would be a "big announcement" during the ASI convention and were very surprised when it was announced by Doug Batchelor, the president/speaker of Amazing Facts, that the merger would not occur. As reported earlier, the initiative to call off the talks was taken by Batchelor, not 3ABN. Apparently a principal reason was the continuing financial, organizational, and possibly legal problems at 3ABN.

One interpretation of these events by a well-informed observer was that Batchelor concluded that any union could only be consummated after Mr. Danny Shelton, the current 3ABN president, "retired" and a non-controversial replacement, perhaps someone with a business background who had the confidence of major donors and church authorities, was brought in as acting CEO.

Consistent with this interpretation were reports that Shelton was "nearly invisible" at the ASI meetings, and was not brought on stage during ASI programs. Rumors circulated, meanwhile, that Shelton was actually no longer actively "in charge" of the 3ABN booth and its activities, and that staff was making most of the day-to-day, hour-to-hour decisions. A source close to Shelton said that Shelton is considering the possibility of "retirement."

Don Schneider, president of the North American Division, who has reportedly expressed deep concerns that 3ABN not "fail," was seen on more than one occasion in earnest conversation on the ASI pavilion floor with Garwin McNeilus, a wealthy, influential Adventist businessman, whose daughter-in-law had just been elected to the ASI presidency for a two year term. McNeilus reportedly favors a merger between 3ABN and the Amazing Facts organizations. He is on the Mission Board of ASI, though not of 3ABN, but has been viewed as a strong backer of 3ABN. Sources indicated that it was highly likely that McNeilus and Schneider were discussing how to address 3ABN's current needs, in essence, to "save 3ABN."

3ABN in recent months has acknowledged a steep downturn in donations and serious cash flow concerns, even as it presses a lawsuit against two individuals who have made serious charges of corruption against 3ABN's current administration and have voiced concerns that these administrative practices and conduct are ruining 3ABN. Many observers believe that the charges made by the two individuals are, in most respects, substantially true.

Adventist Today contacted Dr. Walter Thompson, chairman of the 3ABN Board, in an effort to obtain further details of the recent downturn in donations to 3ABN. Dr. Thompson stated that he had forwarded the Adventist Today communication to the attorneys handling the 3ABN lawsuit and could not comment immediately. In a subsequent communication, Dr. Thompson stated "The article you sent for my review is full of factual inaccuracies concerning the proposed merger between Three Angels Broadcasting and Amazing Facts. Given your insistence on publishing this article today or tomorrow, I simply do not have enough time to respond to the many errors and untrue statements it contains. 3ABN therefore has no comment on the article in question." Adventist Today appreciates this response of Dr. Thompson.

In looking at this press release I'm struck by the underlined portion regarding the NAD concern that 3abn "not fail" and how to "save 3abn." I'm wondering how the church can have any real involvement in whether 3abn fails or is saved. Prevented from what failure? Saved from or to what?

Wasn't this pretty well settled when 3abn rebuffed the church effort to be more formally involved in 3abn a few years ago? Just what is the goal of the church in this regard?

-bear

--------------------

+Quote Post
erik
post Aug 11 2007, 08:44 PM
Post #123

Advanced Member

Group: Financial Donor
Member No.: 2,782

QUOTE(YogusBearus @ Aug 11 2007, 08:29 AM) *
In looking at this press release I'm struck by the underlined portion regarding the NAD concern that 3abn "not fail" and how to "save 3abn." I'm wondering how the church can have any real involvement in whether 3abn fails or is saved. Prevented from what failure? Saved from or to what?

Wasn't this pretty well settled when 3abn rebuffed the church effort to be more formally involved in 3abn a few years ago? Just what is the goal of the church in this regard?

-bear

Bear,

I am reminded that Jesus did not want judas to fall and did every thing to save yet he could not force judas to do the right thing.

Erik

+Quote Post
ArchangelWon
post Aug 11 2007, 10:14 PM
Post #124

Welcome Newbie

Member No.: 4,147

First of all, if you want changes to 3ABN to happen you must appeal to the one who is really the head, The Trinity. Seeing as they have not yet removed, changed, reconsidered the matter at this posting, who are we to start presuming what the original board wants to do. We have but to look in our own closets and we would find plenty of issues to bring up for discussion.

Woe, to those who presume to be God's mouthpiece. How would you like to be visited with judgment right now, not mixed with mercy!!

Not once have I heard about, Hey everyone, let us come together and pray for God's leading in the ministry of 3ABN. The fruits of 3ABN are good.

God started it, He will finish it!! Woe, to the inhabitants of earth who presume against God's appointed work!!!

GLORY!!!

This post has been edited by ArchangelWon: Aug 11 2007, 10:16 PM

+Quote Post
beartrap
post Aug 11 2007, 10:30 PM
Post #125

500 + posts
Group Icon

Member No.: 1,659

QUOTE(ArchangelWon @ Aug 11 2007, 09:14 PM) *
First of all, if you want changes to 3ABN to happen you must appeal to the one who is really the head, The Trinity. Seeing as they have not yet removed, changed, reconsidered the matter at this posting, who are we to start presuming what the original board wants to do. We have but to look in our own closets and we would find plenty of issues to bring up for discussion.

Woe, to those who presume to be God's mouthpiece. How would you like to be visited with judgment right now, not mixed with mercy!!

Not once have I heard about, Hey everyone, let us come together and pray for God's leading in the ministry of 3ABN. The fruits of 3ABN are good.

God started it, He will finish it!! Woe, to the inhabitants of earth who presume against God's appointed work!!!

GLORY!!!

Amen, Archangel! Changes should be appealed to through the holy trinity. For over 1,500 years people have been complaining about the Holy Roman Pontiff but as per your rationale it is clear that he has not been removed. Who are we to presume what the College of Cardinals wants to do? As a church and as individuals there are many issues and discussions to deal with. Who claims to be God's mouthpieces? Woe unto them! Do you, or 3ABN claim that they (or Danny Shelton) are a mouthpiece of God? The Catholic Church has brought more people into "Christianity" than all other "Christian" denominations combined. Woe, to the inhabitants of the earth who presume against God's appointed work!!

Praise be!!!

no.gif

This post has been edited by beartrap: Aug 11 2007, 11:25 PM

+Quote Post
calvin
post Aug 11 2007, 10:42 PM
Post #126

site admin
Group Icon

Group: Owner
Member No.: 1

QUOTE(ArchangelWon @ Aug 11 2007, 11:14 PM) *

GLORY!!!

Well here we go with that fruits stuff justification again. That dog won't hunt thumbdown.gif

+Quote Post
Whtz Happenin
post Aug 11 2007, 11:09 PM
Post #127

Advanced Member

Member No.: 2,846

All I can say is WOE.

+Quote Post
SoulEspresso
post Aug 11 2007, 11:18 PM
Post #128

500 + posts
Group Icon

Member No.: 2,262

QUOTE(ArchangelWon @ Aug 11 2007, 09:14 PM) *
Not once have I heard about, Hey everyone, let us come together and pray for God's leading in the ministry of 3ABN.

And you've been here ... how long again?

How would you know? blink.gif

--------------------
"The entire world is falling apart because no one will admit they are wrong."
--
Don Miller, Blue Like Jazz.

+Quote Post
PeacefulBe
post Aug 12 2007, 08:55 AM
Post #129

1,000 + posts
Group Icon

Member No.: 2,169

QUOTE(beartrap @ Aug 11 2007, 09:30 PM) *
Amen, Archangel! Changes should be appealed to through the holy trinity. For over 1,500 years people have been complaining about the Holy Roman Pontiff but as per your rationale it is clear that he has not been removed. Who are we to presume what the College of Cardinals wants to do? As a church and as individuals there are many issues and discussions to deal with. Who claims to be God's mouthpieces? Woe unto them! Do you, or 3ABN claim that they (or Danny Shelton) are a mouthpiece of God? The Catholic Church has brought more people into "Christianity" than all other "Christian" denominations combined. Woe, to the inhabitants of the earth who presume against God's appointed work!!

Praise be!!!

no.gif

I believe King Saul was anointed king of the Children of Israel. How long was he in office after he had strayed from God's will? A young shepherd boy was chosen and anointed to become the king in his stead quite some time before Saul relinquished his monarchy. It was quite a costly transition for all, as I remember.

--------------------
Got Peace?

John 14:27 Peace I leave with you; my peace I give you. I do not give to you as the world gives. Do not let your hearts be troubled and do not be afraid.

"Truth welcomes examination and doesn't need to defend itself, while deception hides in darkness and blames everyone else." Aunt B, 2007

+Quote Post
mikell
post Aug 12 2007, 09:37 AM
Post #130

Advanced Member

Member No.: 3,546

QUOTE(calvin @ Aug 11 2007, 10:42 PM) *
Well here we go with that fruits stuff justification again. That dog won't hunt thumbdown.gif

Cal, two things; I like the way you think, and like the way you express what you think, thumbsup.gif

This post has been edited by mikell: Aug 12 2007, 09:40 AM

+Quote Post
lowender
post Aug 12 2007, 10:23 AM
Post #131

Advanced Member

Member No.: 3,696

QUOTE(mikell @ Aug 12 2007, 10:37 AM) *
Cal, two things; I like the way you think, and like the way you express what you think, thumbsup.gif

With the amount of souls that 3ABN has saved, then who could even think of questioning their practices? Who would dare question Danny Shelton's credibility & behavior?

Didn't Jimmy Swaggert say something very similar?

+Quote Post
beartrap
post Aug 12 2007, 10:44 AM
Post #132

500 + posts
Group Icon

Member No.: 1,659

I love it when people use 17th century english as their means of communicating for God. It makes them sound so... King James. I especially like the term "woe."

Woe unto the inhabitants of BSDA for I shall smite them with Sabbath School that they might learn to pay attention.

Woe unto him that speaketh not of woe, for unto him shall come much woe.

Who prophesyeth of woe and speaketh of the inhabitants of the earth, unto him shall be granted an cardboard cutout of a prophet of old that he might place his face within the face hole and those who behold him and hear his words might think him a prophet and hearken unto him. And that when he buyeth a polaroid image taken while he doth prophesy, he might show it unto others and declare woe unto them.

This post has been edited by beartrap: Aug 12 2007, 10:48 AM

+Quote Post
ex3ABNemployee
post Aug 12 2007, 01:56 PM
Post #133

Advanced Member

Member No.: 2,722

QUOTE(beartrap @ Aug 12 2007, 11:44 AM) *
I love it when people use 17th century english as their means of communicating for God. It makes them sound so... King James. I especially like the term "woe."

Woe unto the inhabitants of BSDA for I shall smite them with Sabbath School that they might learn to pay attention.

Woe unto him that speaketh not of woe, for unto him shall come much woe.

Who prophesyeth of woe and speaketh of the inhabitants of the earth, unto him shall be granted an cardboard cutout of a prophet of old that he might place his face within the face hole and those who behold him and hear his words might think him a prophet and hearken unto him. And that when he buyeth a polaroid image taken while he doth prophesy, he might show it unto others and declare woe unto them.

roflmao.gif lol.gif rofl1.gif

--------------------
Duane Clem

It's not about religion, it's about a relationship.

Gems of Wisdom
"Lisa and Ronda are not Danny's biological father." -- wwjd, 2/8/07
"Watchbird, The facts prove the above lie." -- wwjd, 2/13/07
"Another lie that can be proven..." -- Bystander, 3/18/07
"The thing about lies is they can be proven." -- Aletheia, 3/22/07
"I am not here to argue" -- Aletheia, 4/24/07
"She didn't move to 3ABN, she moved to Illinois" -- Aletheia, 4/25/07
"Hope is liberal. 3abn is not." -- steffan, 6/9/07
"Danny Shelton does not decide what goes on the air, period." -- appletree, 8/22/07

http://www.save-3abn.com/
http://www.investigating3abn.info/
http://rescue3abn.blog.com/
http://www.abundantrest.org/?p=74
http://abundantrest.org/2007/02/18/3abn-sa...ons-retirement/
http://anewsabbathschool.blogspot.com/2006...ain-wrecks.html
http://cafesda.blogspot.com/2006/08/atoday...bn-news_21.html
http://www.atoday.com/email/2007/02/12/
http://spectrummagazine.typepad.com/the_sp...eans_and_e.html

+Quote Post
Skyhook
post Aug 12 2007, 02:11 PM
Post #134

Advanced Member

Member No.: 2,121

There was a program that was aired on the Hope Channel today concerning the sexual abuse problems in the Catholic church? I only saw the last 10 minutes of it and I'm not sure what to make of it. It seemed to be a Public Relations program the Catholic church produced to try to clean up thier image and show that they are concerned and are working to rectify the problem. It was on Primary Focus.
I have little doubt that it was directed squarely at Danny and 3abn. Did anyone else see it?

+Quote Post
watchbird
post Aug 12 2007, 02:38 PM
Post #135

1,000 + posts
Group Icon

Member No.: 1,712

QUOTE(Skyhook @ Aug 12 2007, 04:11 PM) *
There was a program that was aired on the Hope Channel today concerning the sexual abuse problems in the Catholic church? I only saw the last 10 minutes of it and I'm not sure what to make of it. It seemed to be a Public Relations program the Catholic church produced to try to clean up thier image and show that they are concerned and are working to rectify the problem. It was on Primary Focus.
I have little doubt that it was directed squarely at Danny and 3abn. Did anyone else see it?

"He who stands in the sunlight always sees it shining upon all that is within his view."

............angel.gif................

+Quote Post

12 Pages V  « < 7 8 9 10 11 > » 
Reply to this topicStart new topic
1 User(s) are reading this topic (1 Guests and 0 Anonymous Users)
0 Members:

Lo-Fi Version Time is now: 27th March 2008 - 12:13 PM
Design by: Download IPB Skins & eBusiness
BlackSDA has no official affiliation or endorsement from the Seventh-day Adventist church