Archive of http://www.blacksda.com/forums/index.php?showtopic=14875&st=15 preserved for the defense in 3ABN and Danny Shelton v. Joy and Pickle.
Links altered to maintain their integrity and aid in navigation, but content otherwise unchanged.
Saved at 01:22:53 PM on March 27, 2008.
IPB

Welcome Guest ( Log In | Register )

7 Pages V  < 1 2 3 4 > »   
Reply to this topicStart new topic
> Does The Bible Endorse Veganism?
Clay
post Aug 14 2007, 10:18 AM
Post #16

5,000 + posts
Group Icon

Group: Administrator
Member No.: 4

everything means everything...

--------------------
"you are as sick as your secrets...." -quote from Celebrity Rehab-
Go to the top of the page

+Quote Post
Aletheia
post Aug 14 2007, 10:43 AM
Post #17

500 + posts
Group Icon

Group: Banned
Member No.: 2,621

QUOTE(Clay @ Aug 14 2007, 12:18 PM) *
everything means everything...

And of course that wasn't the question.

But are you saying you think God gave everything Including the unclean animals, fish and fowls to mankind to eat????? unsure.gif

So why the difference between the clean and unclean animals which were preserved in the ark?

--------------------
And ye shall not swear by my name falsely, neither shalt thou profane the name of thy God: I am the LORD. .. in righteousness shalt thou judge thy neighbour.

Thou shalt not go up and down as a talebearer among thy people: neither shalt thou stand against the blood of thy neighbour: I am the LORD. Thou shalt not hate thy brother in thine heart: thou shalt in any wise rebuke thy neighbour, and not suffer sin upon him. Thou shalt not avenge, nor bear any grudge against the children of thy people, but thou shalt love thy neighbour as thyself: I am the LORD. Lev 19:12-18

Pro 26:20 Where no wood is, there the fire goeth out: so where there is no talebearer, the strife ceaseth.

+Quote Post
Clay
post Aug 14 2007, 12:05 PM
Post #18

5,000 + posts
Group Icon

Group: Administrator
Member No.: 4

QUOTE(Aletheia @ Aug 14 2007, 11:43 AM) *
And of course that wasn't the question.

But are you saying you think God gave everything Including the unclean animals, fish and fowls to mankind to eat????? unsure.gif

So why the difference between the clean and unclean animals which were preserved in the ark?

not sure why the distinction was made, however look who is writing and who he is writing to. Moses is still involved in re-education process for recently released slaves... and of course there will be some things that they can and cannot eat.... Moses did not witness the flood, he is telling the story.....

--------------------
"you are as sick as your secrets...." -quote from Celebrity Rehab-

+Quote Post
awesumtenor
post Aug 14 2007, 12:22 PM
Post #19

5,000 + posts
Group Icon

Group: Charter Member
Member No.: 15

QUOTE(Aletheia @ Aug 14 2007, 12:16 PM) *
Certainly we know God never meant the unclean animals, for their was only one pair of each of them on the ark (and seven of the clean) and so each if eaten would have made that species extinct.

There were two pair of the unclean and seven pair of the clean... re-read Genesis 7:2.

In His service,
Mr. J

--------------------
There is no one more dangerous than one who thinks he knows God with a mind that is ignorant - Dr. Lewis Anthony

You’ve got to be real comfortable in your own skin to survive the animosity your strength evokes in people you'd hope would like you. - Dr. Renita Weems

+Quote Post
lowender
post Aug 14 2007, 12:58 PM
Post #20

Advanced Member

Group: Members
Member No.: 3,696

QUOTE(awesumtenor @ Aug 14 2007, 01:22 PM) *
There were two pair of the unclean and seven pair of the clean... re-read Genesis 7:2.

In His service,
Mr. J

I have a friend who tells me that a vegan diet brings him closer to God & is preparing him for the diet he will have in heaven. Even suggested that I would be closer to God if I took on a vegan diet...

+Quote Post
beartrap
post Aug 14 2007, 02:32 PM
Post #21

500 + posts
Group Icon

Member No.: 1,659

I have wondered about the post-Eden story of Cain and Abel. Cain was the brother who was a farmer, was obviously fond of his vegetables and wanted to give an offering of what he favoured to God. Abel was the herder of sheep. It is a good assumption that those sheep were for food, and he was the butcher. God had asked for offerings of meat, but refused the vegetables. The vegetable farmer went nuts and killed the meat producer over it.

I know that the offering of meat is considered to be a parallel to the offering of Christ on the cross, but I also wonder if there was a vegetarian vs. meat producer background of hard feelings there.

+Quote Post
Denny
post Aug 14 2007, 03:45 PM
Post #22

5,000 + posts
Group Icon

Group: Charter Member
Member No.: 2

QUOTE(lowender @ Aug 14 2007, 07:58 PM) *
I have a friend who tells me that a vegan diet brings him closer to God & is preparing him for the diet he will have in heaven. Even suggested that I would be closer to God if I took on a vegan diet...

Was Jesus less closer to God when he ate meat and fish?

--------------------
Queen Den

March- Ok where is spring? ..

+Quote Post
lowender
post Aug 14 2007, 05:26 PM
Post #23

Advanced Member

QUOTE(Denny @ Aug 14 2007, 04:45 PM) *
Was Jesus less closer to God when he ate meat and fish?

I've brought up to my friend the verses of Jesus eating meat... This was just a funny exchange... He claimed, "THERE'S NOTHING THAT SAYS HE ACTUALLY ATE IT!" I changed the subject. I realized that the ADVENTHOPE crowd at LLU had really brainwashed him...

+Quote Post
lowender
post Aug 14 2007, 05:28 PM
Post #24

Advanced Member

QUOTE(beartrap @ Aug 14 2007, 03:32 PM) *
I have wondered about the post-Eden story of Cain and Abel. Cain was the brother who was a farmer, was obviously fond of his vegetables and wanted to give an offering of what he favoured to God. Abel was the herder of sheep. It is a good assumption that those sheep were for food, and he was the butcher. God had asked for offerings of meat, but refused the vegetables. The vegetable farmer went nuts and killed the meat producer over it.

I know that the offering of meat is considered to be a parallel to the offering of Christ on the cross, but I also wonder if there was a vegetarian vs. meat producer background of hard feelings there.

Maybe a vegan diet makes a person more violent?

+Quote Post
alramwill
post Aug 14 2007, 08:35 PM
Post #25

1,000 + posts
Group Icon

Group: Moderator
Member No.: 357

QUOTE(lowender @ Aug 14 2007, 06:28 PM) *
Maybe a vegan diet makes a person more violent?

Maybe a vegan diet makes a person less virile...

--------------------
Very Sir Lord Al the Schweppervescent of Waterless St Mildred, CompTIA A+ Certified Technician & BlackSDA Moderator (Technology Discussion)

"I like your Christ, I do not like your Christians. Your Christians are so unlike your Christ." - Mahatma Gandhi
"Today, you always know whether you are on the Internet or on your PC's hard drive. Tomorrow, you will not care and may not even know." - Bill Gates
"I'm not concerned about all hell breaking loose, but that a PART of hell will break loose... it'll be much harder to detect." - George Carlin
"There is hope for the future because God has a sense of humor and we are funny to God." - Bill Cosby
"Science without religion is lame, religion without science is blind." - Albert Einstein

Problems or issues? Dial 1-877-SNIFFLE
Want to know what I really think? Dial 1-888-CFI-CARE

+Quote Post
Ozzie
post Aug 14 2007, 10:29 PM
Post #26

Advanced Member

Member No.: 2,395

QUOTE(mystery- man @ Aug 14 2007, 05:20 PM) *
Is diet essential to salvation; most definitly.

Which one of the 10 Commandments is that?

If one chooses not to get off of crack cocain it will definitly destroy his walk with God. The health of the body most definitly effects the mind----what you read what you choose to look at what you choose to listen to definitly has a effect on your salvation. Now in ignorance God shows mercy for your lack of knowledge but once you have the light he requires you to follow that knowledge. There are many examples of diet restrains that God put on the children of Israel (such as the clean and unclean meats) because he understood the importance of a healthy body a healthier mind. Obviously Mad Cow desease will make it difficult for your walk with God.

These are the extremes that legalists go to; citing 'crack cocaine' as destroying one's walk with God and trying to tie that scenario in with being a vegan! notworking.gif The two are poles apart. Come on man! Get real. We're NOT discussing the use of illegal drugs here, which any one with any common sense will acknowldege, is extremely harmful to the body and also to a relationship with Christ. You are way offtopic2.gif

--------------------
"It's important that people know what you stand for. It's equally important that they know what you won't stand for."
~ Mary Waldrop.

+Quote Post
lowender
post Aug 15 2007, 01:49 AM
Post #27

Advanced Member

QUOTE(mystery- man @ Aug 14 2007, 02:20 AM) *
. I guessed that she was Avdentist because of the way she described eating habits.

Mystery-Man...

I have never in my life heard of an "Avdentist"...

Can you help me understand what that means?

Do I have to be vegan to know what that means?

This post has been edited by lowender: Aug 15 2007, 01:51 AM

+Quote Post
mystery- man
post Aug 15 2007, 03:13 AM
Post #28

Advanced Member

Member No.: 2,439

QUOTE(Denny @ Aug 14 2007, 04:13 AM) *
Question 1 - No, meat eating was part of the Jewish diet. There will be meat eaters in heaven, in fact they are already there. However it does not condemn veganism either.

Question 2 - Probably, she supported many things, however she is not The Leader is she?

Question 3 - No salvation is never about what we do the sooner we learn this the better. 'The just shall live by faith' not by how many vegan meals one consumes.

Salvation is never about what we do? I beg to differ with you ------While what we do will not save us-----what we do can definitly cause us to be lost. That is why Jesus plead with Judas before he delivered him up because he realized that after he had done that he had sealed his fate. That is why when Saul went to the witch of Endore he sealed his fate. That is why when Eve and Adam ate from the tree of Knowelege of good and evil they lost the Garden and eventually they lost their lives Adam died and we are not sure if Eve will even be in the first resurrection.

+Quote Post
mystery- man
post Aug 15 2007, 03:23 AM
Post #29

Advanced Member

QUOTE(lowender @ Aug 15 2007, 01:49 AM) *
Mystery-Man...

I have never in my life heard of an "Avdentist"...

Can you help me understand what that means?

Do I have to be vegan to know what that means?

Lowender I have never in my life heard a Adventist with a name like that mad.gif
I spell a lot better since I have become a vegetarian think how my spelling would be if I was a meat head like you rofl1.gif

+Quote Post
mystery- man
post Aug 15 2007, 03:25 AM
Post #30

Advanced Member

QUOTE(Ozzie @ Aug 14 2007, 10:29 PM) *
Which one of the 10 Commandments is that?
These are the extremes that legalists go to; citing 'crack cocaine' as destroying one's walk with God and trying to tie that scenario in with being a vegan! notworking.gif The two are poles apart. Come on man! Get real. We're NOT discussing the use of illegal drugs here, which any one with any common sense will acknowldege, is extremely harmful to the body and also to a relationship with Christ. You are way offtopic2.gif

Here is a question I need to ask do Adventist still believe in the close of probation before Christ is seen comming through the clouds?

+Quote Post

7 Pages V  < 1 2 3 4 > » 
Reply to this topicStart new topic
1 User(s) are reading this topic (1 Guests and 0 Anonymous Users)
0 Members:

Lo-Fi Version Time is now: 27th March 2008 - 12:22 PM
Design by: Download IPB Skins & eBusiness
BlackSDA has no official affiliation or endorsement from the Seventh-day Adventist church