Archive of http://www.blacksda.com/forums/index.php?showtopic=14875&st=30 preserved for the defense in 3ABN and Danny Shelton v. Joy and Pickle.
Links altered to maintain their integrity and aid in navigation, but content otherwise unchanged.
Saved at 01:22:59 PM on March 27, 2008.
IPB

Welcome Guest ( Log In | Register )

7 Pages V  < 1 2 3 4 5 > »   
Reply to this topicStart new topic
> Does The Bible Endorse Veganism?
Denny
post Aug 15 2007, 03:28 AM
Post #31

5,000 + posts
Group Icon

Group: Charter Member
Member No.: 2

QUOTE(mystery- man @ Aug 15 2007, 10:13 AM) *
Salvation is never about what we do? I beg to differ with you ------While what we do will not save us-----what we do can definitly cause us to be lost. That is why Jesus plead with Judas before he delivered him up because he realized that after he had done that he had sealed his fate. That is why when Saul went to the witch of Endore he sealed his fate. That is why when Eve and Adam ate from the tree of Knowelege of good and evil they lost the Garden and eventually they lost their lives Adam died and we are not sure if Eve will even be in the first resurrection.

Nope its not about what we do, what we do does not make us lost or save us, in that case none of us are righteous so none of us are going anywhere including the self righteous vegan or meat eater for we all sin. As for whether Eve will be in the first resurrection or not, what's more important being concerned about Eve or being concerned about yourself?
The above examples of Judas, Saul etc they messed up their relationship with the Lord, which is what it is all about, the writer who recorded what happened to them will have no inkling as to their eternal fate since they are not God and neither are you.

BTW there are plenty of vegans who are not Christians or believers in the Creator but I suppose they get an automatic pass to glory right?

--------------------
Queen Den

March- Ok where is spring? ..
Go to the top of the page

+Quote Post
Denny
post Aug 15 2007, 03:32 AM
Post #32

5,000 + posts
Group Icon

QUOTE(lowender @ Aug 15 2007, 12:26 AM) *
I've brought up to my friend the verses of Jesus eating meat... This was just a funny exchange... He claimed, "THERE'S NOTHING THAT SAYS HE ACTUALLY ATE IT!" I changed the subject. I realized that the ADVENTHOPE crowd at LLU had really brainwashed him...

And we wonder why people think we are a cult...... rolleyes.gif

--------------------
Queen Den

+Quote Post
Ozzie
post Aug 15 2007, 03:48 AM
Post #33

Advanced Member

Group: Members
Member No.: 2,395

QUOTE(lowender @ Aug 15 2007, 02:08 AM) *
But I have been condemned for eating meat, and cheese... these were sda vegans who were saying i was sinning, not that i was killing an animal...

Been down that track too often also. These zealots do nothing for the cause of Christ.

If that is one's choice of lifestyle, that is fine, but ramming it down other people's throats... and accusing them of sinning because they do not follow a vegan lifestyle... well, that is a totally different, abhorant lifestyle... and not one that mimics Christ and His behaviour.

Usually, going hand in hand with that legalistic stance, is a megaphone(metaphorically) telling all who are within earshot, whether people want to listen or not, that their choice of music is wrong, a certain version of the Bible is the ONLY one to study, one must be dressed according to that person's tastes, and so on and so on. It's more than a lifestyle. It's an obsession and an attitude of holier-than-thou that turns people away from what could be a healthy lifestyle and even from following Christ. Christ was a gentleman. He didn't try to force people to go His way. Why is it that some humans think they know better than God?

--------------------
"It's important that people know what you stand for. It's equally important that they know what you won't stand for."
~ Mary Waldrop.

+Quote Post
Ozzie
post Aug 15 2007, 03:56 AM
Post #34

Advanced Member

Member No.: 2,395

QUOTE(mystery- man @ Aug 15 2007, 07:25 PM) *
Here is a question I need to ask do Adventist still believe in the close of probation before Christ is seen comming through the clouds?

Those I know do, but how many do people expect to help to lead to Christ, if people get the story so wrong that they are infering that those who still eat meat (mind you, the 'clean meats') is akin to those using crack cocaine? Please give us patience! rolleyes.gif

--------------------
"It's important that people know what you stand for. It's equally important that they know what you won't stand for."
~ Mary Waldrop.

+Quote Post
lowender
post Aug 15 2007, 05:21 AM
Post #35

Advanced Member

Member No.: 3,696

QUOTE(mystery- man @ Aug 15 2007, 04:25 AM) *
Here is a question I need to ask do Adventist still believe in the close of probation before Christ is seen comming through the clouds?

Mystery Man... I do hope that you're not a pastor... New believers tend to shy away from a condemning attitude.

+Quote Post
jene
post Aug 15 2007, 01:01 PM
Post #36

Advanced Member

Member No.: 1,812

I was a vegetarian for two years, though not vegan. That stopped about a month ago when I woke up with an incredible craving for meat. It's been on and poppin' ever since. thumbup.gif snack.gif

The reason I became a vegetarian in the first place was because I felt it is healthier. Actually I still do. However, I think a more important health concept is moderation. That is why I don't feel guily for chowing down on curried goat or Bojangle's fried chicken.

What I want to know is why E.G. White said that eating meat gives people animalistic tendencies and we should not eat it. I don't have the exact quotes in front of me, but I have read something to that effect in Counsels on Diet and Foods. Yet Jesus ate lamb and fish and who knows what else. Some people try to say that back in His day, meat wasn't polluted with steroids and the other mess that is put into it nowadays. I admit that makes sense but they did not do that in E.G. White's day so that can't be her reasoning. I guess I'm trying to ask why is it ok for Jesus to eat meat but we can't.

+Quote Post
Richard Sherwin
post Aug 15 2007, 08:50 PM
Post #37

1,000 + posts
Group Icon

Member No.: 2,231

Animalistic tendencies? You know every so often after a Whopper Value Meal I get this urge to go graze the back 40, enjoy a mouthful of clover, make a pie or two.

I was raised vegetarian and never ate meat until I was a teen (except for Purina Dog Chow, great stuff) Personally I couldn't tell any difference in how I felt, acted or thought when I started eating meat. Now I could take it or leave it but crossing over into vegan country? Not this farm boy.

Richard

+Quote Post
lowender
post Aug 16 2007, 01:03 AM
Post #38

Advanced Member

QUOTE(Richard Sherwin @ Aug 15 2007, 09:50 PM) *
Animalistic tendencies? You know every so often after a Whopper Value Meal I get this urge to go graze the back 40, enjoy a mouthful of clover, make a pie or two.

I was raised vegetarian and never ate meat until I was a teen (except for Purina Dog Chow, great stuff) Personally I couldn't tell any difference in how I felt, acted or thought when I started eating meat. Now I could take it or leave it but crossing over into vegan country? Not this farm boy.

Richard

I think God listens more to the prayer of a person who's just thankful that they have something to eat rather than the person who insists their way of eating puts them in God's greater favor.

+Quote Post
lowender
post Aug 16 2007, 01:05 AM
Post #39

Advanced Member

QUOTE(Richard Sherwin @ Aug 15 2007, 09:50 PM) *

Richard

RIGHT ON! Richard

+Quote Post
Denny
post Aug 16 2007, 06:36 AM
Post #40

5,000 + posts
Group Icon

QUOTE(jene @ Aug 15 2007, 08:01 PM) *
I was a vegetarian for two years, though not vegan. That stopped about a month ago when I woke up with an incredible craving for meat. It's been on and poppin' ever since. thumbup.gif snack.gif

The reason I became a vegetarian in the first place was because I felt it is healthier. Actually I still do. However, I think a more important health concept is moderation. That is why I don't feel guily for chowing down on curried goat or Bojangle's fried chicken.

What I want to know is why E.G. White said that eating meat gives people animalistic tendencies and we should not eat it. I don't have the exact quotes in front of me, but I have read something to that effect in Counsels on Diet and Foods. Yet Jesus ate lamb and fish and who knows what else. Some people try to say that back in His day, meat wasn't polluted with steroids and the other mess that is put into it nowadays. I admit that makes sense but they did not do that in E.G. White's day so that can't be her reasoning. I guess I'm trying to ask why is it ok for Jesus to eat meat but we can't.

EGW lived in an era where people thought passion was a bad thing too even between spouses... she talked about 'sexual excess' between spouses. Those Victorians and their hangups...

http://egwdatabase.whiteestate.org/nxt/gat...036;vid=default

--------------------
Queen Den

+Quote Post
awesumtenor
post Aug 16 2007, 06:45 AM
Post #41

5,000 + posts
Group Icon

Member No.: 15

QUOTE(Denny @ Aug 16 2007, 08:36 AM) *
EGW lived in an era where people thought 'passion' was a bad thing too even between spouses... called those 'animalistic' and husbands 'brutish'. Those Victorians and their hangups...

Let's not forget trousers for table legs, lest their being exposed should excite said passions...

In His service,
Mr. J

--------------------
There is no one more dangerous than one who thinks he knows God with a mind that is ignorant - Dr. Lewis Anthony

You’ve got to be real comfortable in your own skin to survive the animosity your strength evokes in people you'd hope would like you. - Dr. Renita Weems

+Quote Post
Richard Sherwin
post Aug 16 2007, 05:09 PM
Post #42

1,000 + posts
Group Icon

Member No.: 2,231

lol.gif Don'r tell me that was from Mrs. White?

QUOTE(awesumtenor @ Aug 16 2007, 08:45 AM) *
Let's not forget trousers for table legs, lest their being exposed should excite said passions...

In His service,
Mr. J

+Quote Post
PrincessDrRe
post Aug 16 2007, 07:00 PM
Post #43

PrincessDrRe
Group Icon

Group: Financial Donor
Member No.: 712

Imma merinate on dis one fer a spell....

snack.gif

*(Fried Meaty Bits....)*

--------------------
*"Some folks use their ignorance like a umbrella. It covers everything, they perodically take it out from time to time, but it never is too far away from them."*
PrincessDrRe; March, 2007

~"Blood = Meat, Face = Meat, Internal "Organs" = Meat - you can try to make it cuter; but it's still meat...."~
PrincessDrRe; September, 2007

*(NOTE: Any advice given by Re' Silvey, MSW is not to be taken as medical/mental health advice. Although trained to be a counselor, currently employed as a therapist, and currently pursuing her PhD in Counseling Psychology (ABD/I) - she is not your assigned therapist. Please consult a mental health professional of your choice for a face-to-face consultation.)*

+Quote Post
jene
post Aug 16 2007, 09:36 PM
Post #44

Advanced Member

Member No.: 1,812

I would still like to know why Jesus ate meat and E.G. White said we can't.

+Quote Post
beartrap
post Aug 18 2007, 01:44 AM
Post #45

500 + posts
Group Icon

Member No.: 1,659

In answer to the question Lowender asked as he named this thread, NO. The Bible dos not endorse vaganism.

+Quote Post

7 Pages V  < 1 2 3 4 5 > » 
Reply to this topicStart new topic
1 User(s) are reading this topic (1 Guests and 0 Anonymous Users)
0 Members:

Lo-Fi Version Time is now: 27th March 2008 - 12:23 PM
Design by: Download IPB Skins & eBusiness
BlackSDA has no official affiliation or endorsement from the Seventh-day Adventist church