Archive of http://www.blacksda.com/forums/index.php?showtopic=14978&st=30 preserved for the defense in 3ABN and Danny Shelton v. Joy and Pickle.
Links altered to maintain their integrity and aid in navigation, but content otherwise unchanged.
Saved at 01:12:00 PM on March 27, 2008.
IPB

Welcome Guest ( Log In | Register )

8 Pages V  < 1 2 3 4 5 > »   
Reply to this topicStart new topic
> News Flash! 3abn Board Member Linked To Financial Crime Entity, Save3ABN reports the story
watchbird
post Aug 20 2007, 01:14 PM
Post #31

1,000 + posts
Group Icon

Group: Members
Member No.: 1,712

QUOTE(Johann @ Aug 20 2007, 03:01 PM) *
Some people I have talked to are wondering if this man is a Seventh-day Adventist or not. What difference would that make?

I have been assured that he is an SDA.
Go to the top of the page

+Quote Post
watchbird
post Aug 20 2007, 01:21 PM
Post #32

1,000 + posts
Group Icon

Member No.: 1,712

QUOTE(Clay @ Aug 20 2007, 11:17 AM) *
your recommendation would defeat the purpose of "discussion." If the less said would be better, then what is the purpose of discussing anything involving 3abn? Why not encourage patience on all fronts and not discuss anything until all the dust has settled.... 10 yrs from now.... dunno.gif

There is a time to speak... and a time to be silent.

There are two rules for ultimate success in any line....

1) Don't tell everything you know.

2)

......................TVsnack.gif.......................

+Quote Post
PeacefulBe
post Aug 20 2007, 01:29 PM
Post #33

1,000 + posts
Group Icon

Member No.: 2,169

QUOTE(Clay @ Aug 20 2007, 11:37 AM) *
so the point would be what? A Conspiracy Theory? or that the new board member is well connected and involved in a conspiracy theory?

Both.

The main point is questioning the painting of Larry Romrell as guilty by association.

The spin-off point was a mildly sarcastic view of the source of much of the background material and factoids used in the Larry Romrell campaign on save3abn.com. The irony that this NameBase site , a veritable bastion of conspiracy theories even against some of the very political figures that some here have invoked as stellar presidential examples, being used as a quoted source to demonstrate the vast usage of Mr. Romrell's name and, therefore, also tying him to conpiracy theories, amused me.

--------------------
Got Peace?

John 14:27 Peace I leave with you; my peace I give you. I do not give to you as the world gives. Do not let your hearts be troubled and do not be afraid.

"Truth welcomes examination and doesn't need to defend itself, while deception hides in darkness and blames everyone else." Aunt B, 2007

+Quote Post
Johann
post Aug 20 2007, 01:47 PM
Post #34

1,000 + posts
Group Icon

From: Iceland, formerly Denmark, Norway, USA, Sierra Leone, Nigeria, Faeroe Islands. Bound for Heaven.
Member No.: 686

QUOTE(watchbird @ Aug 20 2007, 09:14 PM) *
I have been assured that he is an SDA.

I have also been told that a certain evangelist is working on it. How current is that story?

This post has been edited by Johann: Aug 20 2007, 01:48 PM

--------------------
"Any fact that needs to be disclosed should be put out now or as quickly as possible, because otherwise the bleeding will not end." (Attributed to Henry Kissinger)

"He who passively accepts evil is as much involved in it as he who helps to perpetrate it" (Martin Luther King)

"The truth can lose nothing by close investigation". (1888 Materials 38)

+Quote Post
Artiste
post Aug 20 2007, 01:53 PM
Post #35

Advanced Member

Member No.: 3,569

QUOTE(Johann @ Aug 20 2007, 12:47 PM) *
I have also been told that a certain evangelist is working on it. How current is that story?

Working on what? His becoming an SDA?

+Quote Post
Johann
post Aug 20 2007, 01:56 PM
Post #36

1,000 + posts
Group Icon

From: Iceland, formerly Denmark, Norway, USA, Sierra Leone, Nigeria, Faeroe Islands. Bound for Heaven.

QUOTE(Artiste @ Aug 20 2007, 09:53 PM) *
Working on what? His becoming an SDA?

yes.gif

--------------------
"Any fact that needs to be disclosed should be put out now or as quickly as possible, because otherwise the bleeding will not end." (Attributed to Henry Kissinger)

"He who passively accepts evil is as much involved in it as he who helps to perpetrate it" (Martin Luther King)

+Quote Post
runner4him
post Aug 20 2007, 04:11 PM
Post #37

Advanced Member

Member No.: 3,427

I agree....good advice to go to "google land" for a look.

I read the posts on Romrell being a new board member here on bsda and the other day I did a google search on his name before I saw anything on save3abn. I wondered at first if I had the right spelling...the right man...I asked myself is he an Adventist...do you have to be one to be on the 3abn board??

I am not for throwing stones but I wonder if it might help to have someone in charge of the 3abn PR Department and maybe they could do some background checks on the current people on the board and any new people who might be willing to sit on this board. It seems like a poor move to put just anyone on the board without much deliberation and prayer at a time like this. It made me wonder all the more what is going on at 3abn? uhm.gif uhm.gif uhm.gif

QUOTE(watchbird @ Aug 20 2007, 08:56 AM) *
While I agree that this is another case where Gailon has put more on the public record than should be there at this time.... I think it would be the better part of wisdom on everyone's part to take a long walk through google land before making too many comments here... and once you have done that, maybe you will agree that maybe the less said on this the better... for now.

Oh that God would mete out patience in generous portions....

.............. TVsnack.gif.................

This post has been edited by runner4him: Aug 20 2007, 04:22 PM

+Quote Post
Artiste
post Aug 20 2007, 04:46 PM
Post #38

Advanced Member

Member No.: 3,569

QUOTE(runner4him @ Aug 20 2007, 03:11 PM) *

I read the posts on Romrell being a new board member here on bsda and the other day I did a google search on his name before I saw anything on save3abn. I wondered at first if I had the right spelling...the right man...I asked myself is he an Adventist...do you have to be one to be on the 3abn board??

I am not for throwing stones but I wonder if it might help to have someone in charge of the 3abn PR Department and maybe they could do some background checks on the current people on the board and any new people who might be willing to sit on this board. It seems like a poor move to put just anyone on the board without much deliberation and prayer at a time like this. It made me wonder all the more what is going on at 3abn? uhm.gif uhm.gif uhm.gif

Umm ... PR Department ... 3ABN ... ?

(Maybe that department has been on vacation...)

This post has been edited by Artiste: Aug 20 2007, 04:49 PM

+Quote Post
Aletheia
post Aug 21 2007, 08:48 AM
Post #39

500 + posts
Group Icon

Group: Banned
Member No.: 2,621

QUOTE(runner4him @ Aug 20 2007, 06:11 PM) *

Heads up. You still alook exactly like you are throwing stones, despite your disclaimer about yourself.

I also did a google search on Larry Romrell when G.Joy's "report"(muck raking) was posted here, but I didn't find anything to make me question whether Mr Romwell was a SDA in the results of that search. I am at a loss to understand your post.

What words did you enter into the search box besides his name?

I'd like to look again, using the same ones so I can understand what you are referring to.

Thank you

~ Aletheia

This post has been edited by Aletheia: Aug 21 2007, 08:52 AM

--------------------
And ye shall not swear by my name falsely, neither shalt thou profane the name of thy God: I am the LORD. .. in righteousness shalt thou judge thy neighbour.

Thou shalt not go up and down as a talebearer among thy people: neither shalt thou stand against the blood of thy neighbour: I am the LORD. Thou shalt not hate thy brother in thine heart: thou shalt in any wise rebuke thy neighbour, and not suffer sin upon him. Thou shalt not avenge, nor bear any grudge against the children of thy people, but thou shalt love thy neighbour as thyself: I am the LORD. Lev 19:12-18

Pro 26:20 Where no wood is, there the fire goeth out: so where there is no talebearer, the strife ceaseth.

+Quote Post
erik
post Aug 21 2007, 09:25 AM
Post #40

Advanced Member

Group: Financial Donor
Member No.: 2,782

QUOTE(Aletheia @ Aug 21 2007, 07:48 AM) *
Heads up. You still alook exactly like you are throwing stones, despite your disclaimer about yourself.

I also did a google search on Larry Romrell when G.Joy's "report"(muck raking) was posted here, but I didn't find anything to make me question whether Mr Romwell was a SDA in the results of that search. I am at a loss to understand your post.

I'd like to look again, using the same ones so I can understand what you are referring to.

Thank you

~ Aletheia

ALetheia,

One would hope there is a lot of Larry Romwell's running around or ifthey are all the say Guy that he would have repented of the actions he had done earlier in his life. the Trouble seems to be that that once again 3abn is way behind on the information sharing curve.

I personally would question the wisdom of placing someone one the board of a ministry that is already in trouble in the public relations area.

That any thing thing in that persons past that would be easy to question, I think that that 3abn needs to return to its roots, and then take a look at the ministry of David Gates. God seems to have the money to get done what he want done.

So if IF Satan is really behind the attacks on 3abn then God will defend what is HIS, but if the downward spirals of 3abn are because of the judgment of God upon 3abn it will not matter what 3abn does ntil they repent and ask God's forgiveness.

I realize that many think that all is well at 3abn, but there is way to much smoke for there to be no fire, in fact the longer the smoke blurs the vision the bigger the fires seem to be.

If 3abn wants to return to its roots it should drop the lawsuit, and fully disclose the facts that will clear its name. right out on the open air waves.

Erik

+Quote Post
Johann
post Aug 21 2007, 09:38 AM
Post #41

1,000 + posts
Group Icon

QUOTE(Aletheia @ Aug 21 2007, 04:48 PM) *
I am at a loss to understand your post.

Thank you

~ Aletheia

And I am at a loss to understand your lack of comprehension. I had no trouble finding information on the net on this person.

--------------------

+Quote Post
runner4him
post Aug 21 2007, 10:09 AM
Post #42

Advanced Member

Member No.: 3,427

Sorry but you are wrong....no stones coming from my corner!

I just simply used his name in my google search and found the bank name and the rest of the story came up all over the place. I was not looking for anything but information on Romrell after seeing different people posting about who he was and what his experience might be. I did not post anything about the information I found until the other day.

I also was not looking for any information as to his religious affiliation but I just posted a question as to "is he" or "is he not". No one would be able to find my religious affiliation on a google search either. It was not a sinister question but one of curiosity since I have been a 3abn donor and supporter in the past and now read where they claim to be non-denominational preaching a non-denominational message. I am interested in knowing if they continue to move in a different direction away from the church that I love. Why is that so hard to understand. I am no longer a blind supporter of anything!!

QUOTE(Aletheia @ Aug 21 2007, 08:48 AM) *

Thank you

~ Aletheia

+Quote Post
Aletheia
post Aug 21 2007, 10:13 AM
Post #43

500 + posts
Group Icon

QUOTE(Johann @ Aug 21 2007, 11:38 AM) *
And I am at a loss to understand your lack of comprehension. I had no trouble finding information on the net on this person.

I didn't say I couldn't find information, Johann. That is what is known as a strawman argument.

I said, quote: " I didn't find anything to make me question whether Mr Romwell was a SDA in the results of that search."

One should always try and determine the facts involved.

I actually went and looked up the BCCI/ Capcom case and U.S. investigation by the subcommittee of foreign affairs, which Larry Romrell was called in to testify before, due to it's ties to BCCI.

Questioning and accusing or charging/indicting are very different things.

Romrell was the vice President of the U.S. Capcom subsiderary, and admitablly a front man for , but he himself was not indicted or found guilty of anything, in fact:

"While the Subcommittee has been able to piece together the history of Capcom and can point to many unusual and even criminal acts committed by the firm, it still has not been able to determine satisfactorily the reason Capcom was created and the purposes it served for the various parties connected to the BCCI scandal."

"Moreover, regulators who appeared before the Subcommittee testified on the one hand that annual audits of Capcom US turned up nothing irregular, but that Capcom's books and records were a mess. That such a contradiction was allowed to continue for four years indicates that the CFTC needs to critically review the effectiveness of the various exchange audits. Finally, money laundering should be made a crime under the Commodities Futures Trading Act."

""Counsel for Larry Romrell, the Chairman of Capcom, told the Subcommittee in the spring of 1992 that his client had not been interviewed nor had his records been subpoenaed by any law enforcement agency: the Subcommittee was the first government entity to show interest in Mr. Romrell's role in the entire Capcom affair. "

Now of course there's Gailon Joy...

Seeems to me any associated with or supportive of the 3ABN ministry might as well wear a dartboard on their back.

My opinion.

--------------------
And ye shall not swear by my name falsely, neither shalt thou profane the name of thy God: I am the LORD. .. in righteousness shalt thou judge thy neighbour.

Thou shalt not go up and down as a talebearer among thy people: neither shalt thou stand against the blood of thy neighbour: I am the LORD. Thou shalt not hate thy brother in thine heart: thou shalt in any wise rebuke thy neighbour, and not suffer sin upon him. Thou shalt not avenge, nor bear any grudge against the children of thy people, but thou shalt love thy neighbour as thyself: I am the LORD. Lev 19:12-18

Pro 26:20 Where no wood is, there the fire goeth out: so where there is no talebearer, the strife ceaseth.

+Quote Post
Aletheia
post Aug 21 2007, 10:39 AM
Post #44

500 + posts
Group Icon

QUOTE(erik @ Aug 21 2007, 11:25 AM) *
ALetheia,

One would hope there is a lot of Larry Romwell's running around or ifthey are all the say Guy that he would have repented of the actions he had done earlier in his life. the Trouble seems to be that that once again 3abn is way behind on the information sharing curve.

I personally would question the wisdom of placing someone one the board of a ministry that is already in trouble in the public relations area.

That any thing thing in that persons past that would be easy to question, I think that that 3abn needs to return to its roots, and then take a look at the ministry of David Gates. God seems to have the money to get done what he want done.

So if IF Satan is really behind the attacks on 3abn then God will defend what is HIS, but if the downward spirals of 3abn are because of the judgment of God upon 3abn it will not matter what 3abn does ntil they repent and ask God's forgiveness.

I realize that many think that all is well at 3abn, but there is way to much smoke for there to be no fire, in fact the longer the smoke blurs the vision the bigger the fires seem to be.

If 3abn wants to return to its roots it should drop the lawsuit, and fully disclose the facts that will clear its name. right out on the open air waves.

Erik

Eric,

Is your argument that 3ABN should have shared information about Larry Romrell's past based on the fact that you think him guilty, and already in trouble in the public relations area??? And also your condemnation of any and all that 3ABN does?

When I see you all continually calling for people to repent, ( Romrell isn't the first here, nor will he be the last I'm sure, you have a pattern here) and can't even bother to properly investigate, or verify all the facts, and prove a sin or crime occured, then all I can think is that you yourselves need to repent, for that just doesn't seem right to me.

(even if they were guilty- how do you know thay have not repented? It's nothing but blind arrogance which would cause someone to judge another so without knowing them or ll the facts)

In anycase if you want to believe evil of another and sit in judgment of them, that's your choice.

I myself prefer to give all the benefit of the doubt and believe anyone and everyone innocent until proven guilty, and yeah that goes for even Pickle Joy, Linda etc.

Believe it or don't...

But don't take me to task or try to make me think and feel like you, or see things as you do, please. It's flat out NOT happenin.

~ Aletheia

--------------------

+Quote Post
beartrap
post Aug 21 2007, 10:57 AM
Post #45

500 + posts
Group Icon

Member No.: 1,659

Found this in a Ghana newspaper.

Chapel For New Life Adventist Church
By Times Reporter
Wednesday, 11 April 2007
SUZY Sims, an American philantropist, cutting the tape to dedicate a ˘600 million chapel for the New Life Historic Adventist Church at Osofoiaman near Mayera in the Ga West District.

The chapel with a 800 seating capacity for worshippers and funded by Mr Larry Romrell, has a conference hall, library, vestry, pastors’ office and toilet facilities.

Anyone know if this is the same Larry Romrell? Alethea? Appletree?

+Quote Post

8 Pages V  < 1 2 3 4 5 > » 
Reply to this topicStart new topic
1 User(s) are reading this topic (1 Guests and 0 Anonymous Users)
0 Members:

Lo-Fi Version Time is now: 27th March 2008 - 12:12 PM
Design by: Download IPB Skins & eBusiness
BlackSDA has no official affiliation or endorsement from the Seventh-day Adventist church