Archive of http://www.blacksda.com/forums/index.php?showtopic=14978&st=45 preserved for the defense in 3ABN and Danny Shelton v. Joy and Pickle.
Links altered to maintain their integrity and aid in navigation, but content otherwise unchanged.
Saved at 01:12:04 PM on March 27, 2008.
IPB

Welcome Guest ( Log In | Register )

8 Pages V  « < 2 3 4 5 6 > »   
Reply to this topicStart new topic
> News Flash! 3abn Board Member Linked To Financial Crime Entity, Save3ABN reports the story
awesumtenor
post Aug 21 2007, 11:16 AM
Post #46

5,000 + posts
Group Icon

Group: Charter Member
Member No.: 15

QUOTE(Aletheia @ Aug 21 2007, 12:39 PM) *
I myself prefer to give all the benefit of the doubt and believe anyone and everyone innocent until proven guilty, and yeah that goes for even Pickle Joy, Linda etc.

Is that what you call it now? Giving all benefit of the doubt? Cindy, have you actually read your previous posts, particularly the ones about Linda? If that was your giving her "all benefit of the doubt", you must be the Grand Inquisitor Torquemada when you *really* believe someone guilty... but i hear the rack is making a comeback... so that might work for you.

Believe it or don't...

Gonna have to say... don't ... your walk and your talk just aint matchin' up.

But don't take me to task or try to make me think and feel like you, or see things as you do, please. It's flat out NOT happenin.

Such as you have attempted to do since you darkened the doorstep of this forum? Why insist he not do it when it is your stock in trade? is there a union rule that says he cant do your schtick within a certain number of feet of you because the CBA has a non-competing idea clause?

I thought you had figured out that "do as I say, not as I do" doesn't fly here... but it seems you are still working on that part...

In His service,
Mr. J

--------------------
There is no one more dangerous than one who thinks he knows God with a mind that is ignorant - Dr. Lewis Anthony

You’ve got to be real comfortable in your own skin to survive the animosity your strength evokes in people you'd hope would like you. - Dr. Renita Weems
Go to the top of the page

+Quote Post
Observer
post Aug 21 2007, 11:28 AM
Post #47

500 + posts
Group Icon

Group: Members
Member No.: 1,664

QUOTE(beartrap @ Aug 21 2007, 10:57 AM) *
Found this in a Ghana newspaper.
Anyone know if this is the same Larry Romrell? Alethea? Appletree?

I believe that the Larry Romrell who built the SDA Chruch in Africa is the LR who is going to the 3-ABN Board.

I am still researching some other issues, and I do not yet have a decided opinon on those at this time.

--------------------
Gregory Matthews posts here under the name "Observer."

+Quote Post
awesumtenor
post Aug 21 2007, 11:30 AM
Post #48

5,000 + posts
Group Icon

QUOTE(Aletheia @ Aug 21 2007, 12:13 PM) *
I didn't say I couldn't find information, Johann. That is what is known as a strawman argument.

I said, quote: " I didn't find anything to make me question whether Mr Romwell was a SDA in the results of that search."

One should always try and determine the facts involved.

I actually went and looked up the BCCI/ Capcom case and U.S. investigation by the subcommittee of foreign affairs, which Larry Romrell was called in to testify before, due to it's ties to BCCI.

Questioning and accusing or charging/indicting are very different things.

Romrell was the vice President of the U.S. Capcom subsiderary, and admitablly a front man for , but he himself was not indicted or found guilty of anything, in fact:
"While the Subcommittee has been able to piece together the history of Capcom and can point to many unusual and even criminal acts committed by the firm, it still has not been able to determine satisfactorily the reason Capcom was created and the purposes it served for the various parties connected to the BCCI scandal."

"Moreover, regulators who appeared before the Subcommittee testified on the one hand that annual audits of Capcom US turned up nothing irregular, but that Capcom's books and records were a mess. That such a contradiction was allowed to continue for four years indicates that the CFTC needs to critically review the effectiveness of the various exchange audits. Finally, money laundering should be made a crime under the Commodities Futures Trading Act."

""Counsel for Larry Romrell, the Chairman of Capcom, told the Subcommittee in the spring of 1992 that his client had not been interviewed nor had his records been subpoenaed by any law enforcement agency: the Subcommittee was the first government entity to show interest in Mr. Romrell's role in the entire Capcom affair. "

Now of course there's Gailon Joy...

Seeems to me any associated with or supportive of the 3ABN ministry might as well wear a dartboard on their back.

My opinion.

http://www.fas.org/irp/congress/1992_rpt/bcci/21capcom.htm

Romrell may not have been indicted or convicted but by no stretch of the imagination does that give him clean hands.

In His service,
Mr. J

--------------------
There is no one more dangerous than one who thinks he knows God with a mind that is ignorant - Dr. Lewis Anthony

You’ve got to be real comfortable in your own skin to survive the animosity your strength evokes in people you'd hope would like you. - Dr. Renita Weems

+Quote Post
Aletheia
post Aug 21 2007, 11:35 AM
Post #49

500 + posts
Group Icon

Group: Banned
Member No.: 2,621

QUOTE(beartrap @ Aug 21 2007, 12:57 PM) *
Found this in a Ghana newspaper.
Anyone know if this is the same Larry Romrell? Alethea? Appletree?

I'm sorry. I don't know. He does have a listing in Forbes though.

P.S. Mr J, I don't want to go there with you again. You are free to believe and say whatever you want about or to me.. This is just to let you know not to expect any replies from me, beyond this. I will be ignoring you to the best of my ability and blocking you however I can.

--------------------
And ye shall not swear by my name falsely, neither shalt thou profane the name of thy God: I am the LORD. .. in righteousness shalt thou judge thy neighbour.

Thou shalt not go up and down as a talebearer among thy people: neither shalt thou stand against the blood of thy neighbour: I am the LORD. Thou shalt not hate thy brother in thine heart: thou shalt in any wise rebuke thy neighbour, and not suffer sin upon him. Thou shalt not avenge, nor bear any grudge against the children of thy people, but thou shalt love thy neighbour as thyself: I am the LORD. Lev 19:12-18

Pro 26:20 Where no wood is, there the fire goeth out: so where there is no talebearer, the strife ceaseth.

+Quote Post
erik
post Aug 21 2007, 11:41 AM
Post #50

Advanced Member

Group: Financial Donor
Member No.: 2,782

QUOTE(Aletheia @ Aug 21 2007, 09:39 AM) *
Eric,

Is your argument that 3ABN should have shared information about Larry Romrell's past based on the fact that you think him guilty, and already in trouble in the public relations area??? And also your condemnation of any and all that 3ABN does?

When I see you all continually calling for people to repent, ( Romrell isn't the first here, nor will he be the last I'm sure, you have a pattern here) and can't even bother to properly investigate, or verify all the facts, and prove a sin or crime occured, then all I can think is that you yourselves need to repent, for that just doesn't seem right to me.

(even if they were guilty- how do you know thay have not repented? It's nothing but blind arrogance which would cause someone to judge another so without knowing them or ll the facts)

In anycase if you want to believe evil of another and sit in judgment of them, that's your choice.

I myself prefer to give all the benefit of the doubt and believe anyone and everyone innocent until proven guilty, and yeah that goes for even Pickle Joy, Linda etc.

Believe it or don't...

But don't take me to task or try to make me think and feel like you, or see things as you do, please. It's flat out NOT happenin.

~ Aletheia

Alethiea,

You want to believe the best about people feel free to, because that is the same way i felt when i started looking at this 3abn mess.

But two years or so of watching has lead me to find it very hard to believe that 3abn is not in need of repenting.

I maybe being to hard on L.R., but I am not being to hard on 3abn thye could and should clear the air once and for all, instead we are in a court case that will most likely last until the second coming of jesus.

Also i do not want you to think like i do, but i do think you can fairly say that 3abn has mishandled this from the start, and for that mater in many ways so has linda side, but the bottom line is the power position and that means they have the bigger responisble.

Erik

+Quote Post
awesumtenor
post Aug 21 2007, 11:46 AM
Post #51

5,000 + posts
Group Icon

QUOTE(Observer @ Aug 21 2007, 01:28 PM) *
I believe that the Larry Romrell who built the SDA Chruch in Africa is the LR who is going to the 3-ABN Board.

I am still researching some other issues, and I do not yet have a decided opinon on those at this time.

The "Historic Adventist church" != "General conference of Seventh-day Adventists"

He built an adventist church... whether it was a Seventh-day Adventist church, however is questionable.

In His service,
Mr. J

--------------------

+Quote Post
awesumtenor
post Aug 21 2007, 11:54 AM
Post #52

5,000 + posts
Group Icon

QUOTE(Aletheia @ Aug 21 2007, 01:35 PM) *
I'm sorry. I don't know. He does have a listing in Forbes though.
P.S. Mr J, I don't want to go there with you again. You are free to believe and say whatever you want about or to me.. This is just to let you know not to expect any replies from me, beyond this. I will be ignoring you to the best of my ability and blocking you however I can.

Whatev, Cindy... here's a better suggestion, however... see if you can wrap your brain around this... stop telling people that they cant do what you do all day every day you are active in this forum... that's the point Jesus was making in Matthew 7:1-6... by the measure ye mete it shall be measured to you again. You persist in telling people to not do something or that their doing it isn't right... even while you are doing the very thing you decry in them. One can only therefore assume that you cannot be aware of what you are doing... if one is giving you all the benefit of the doubt; otherwise one would have to assume that you do it willfully and knowingly with malice aforethought... and you wouldn't do that, would you, Cindy?

In His service,
Mr. J

--------------------

+Quote Post
PeacefulBe
post Aug 21 2007, 12:07 PM
Post #53

1,000 + posts
Group Icon

Member No.: 2,169

Rather than continuing to trade barbs about the motivations of each other here on this thread, how about if we try an exercise in critical thinking.

Many of you from both "sides" have read the information recently posted about Larry Romrell on save3abn.com. I personally think the most compelling piece of information in the entire posting is found at the bottom of the first page and states:

"To his credit, Larry Romrell, as far as we can tell, was never charged, indicted, tried, or convicted in the whole affair. That being so, is it at all possible that Larry can help 3ABN president Danny Shelton extricate himself out of the situation he now finds himself in, with his reputation and bank accounts intact?

Or will Larry use his extensive business expertise to rectify the problems at 3ABN, and clean house?"

Let's lay all of the sordid details in the report aside for now (or longer) and get into a bit of philosophical empiriscism. Without employing unkind adjectives, think on and answer the following questions:

1. Looking at the whole picture, what do you honestly suppose was the motivation behind posting this information on save3abn?

2. How does this information reflect on those providing information on save3abn?

3. How does this information reflect on 3abn leadership for adding Larry Romrell to their board of directors?

4. Has anything edifying been accomplished by posting this information on save3abn.

5. What? (edited to be more clear)

PB

This post has been edited by PeacefulBe: Aug 21 2007, 12:28 PM

--------------------
Got Peace?

John 14:27 Peace I leave with you; my peace I give you. I do not give to you as the world gives. Do not let your hearts be troubled and do not be afraid.

"Truth welcomes examination and doesn't need to defend itself, while deception hides in darkness and blames everyone else." Aunt B, 2007

+Quote Post
awesumtenor
post Aug 21 2007, 12:14 PM
Post #54

5,000 + posts
Group Icon

QUOTE(PeacefulBe @ Aug 21 2007, 02:07 PM) *
think on and answer the following questions:

1. Looking at the whole picture, what do you honestly suppose was the motivation behind posting this information on save3abn?

I thought we werent talking about motivations, PB?

2. How does this information reflect on those providing information on save3abn?

It shows them to be, at the least, consistent.

3. How does this information reflect on 3abn leadership for adding Larry Romrell to their board of directors?

It shows them also to be... consistent.

4. Has anything edifying been accomplished by posting this information on save3abn.

Yes.

5. Why?

Check your signature.

In His service,
Mr. J

--------------------

+Quote Post
ex3ABNemployee
post Aug 21 2007, 01:12 PM
Post #55

Advanced Member

Member No.: 2,722

QUOTE(Johann @ Aug 21 2007, 10:38 AM) *
And I am at a loss to understand your lack of comprehension. I had no trouble finding information on the net on this person.

I think it's all in what you do or don't want to see, Johann. The information is VERY easy for anyone to find.

As much as Aletheia likes "proof" and "documentation" on everything, one would think she'd be thrilled this information is available.

--------------------
Duane Clem

It's not about religion, it's about a relationship.

Gems of Wisdom
"Lisa and Ronda are not Danny's biological father." -- wwjd, 2/8/07
"Watchbird, The facts prove the above lie." -- wwjd, 2/13/07
"Another lie that can be proven..." -- Bystander, 3/18/07
"The thing about lies is they can be proven." -- Aletheia, 3/22/07
"I am not here to argue" -- Aletheia, 4/24/07
"She didn't move to 3ABN, she moved to Illinois" -- Aletheia, 4/25/07
"Hope is liberal. 3abn is not." -- steffan, 6/9/07
"Danny Shelton does not decide what goes on the air, period." -- appletree, 8/22/07

http://www.save-3abn.com/
http://www.investigating3abn.info/
http://rescue3abn.blog.com/
http://www.abundantrest.org/?p=74
http://abundantrest.org/2007/02/18/3abn-sa...ons-retirement/
http://anewsabbathschool.blogspot.com/2006...ain-wrecks.html
http://cafesda.blogspot.com/2006/08/atoday...bn-news_21.html
http://www.atoday.com/email/2007/02/12/
http://spectrummagazine.typepad.com/the_sp...eans_and_e.html

+Quote Post
Artiste
post Aug 21 2007, 01:12 PM
Post #56

Advanced Member

Member No.: 3,569

Touche, Mr. J

+Quote Post
Aletheia
post Aug 21 2007, 02:31 PM
Post #57

500 + posts
Group Icon

QUOTE(erik @ Aug 21 2007, 01:41 PM) *
Alethiea,

You want to believe the best about people feel free to, because that is the same way i felt when i started looking at this 3abn mess.

But two years or so of watching has lead me to find it very hard to believe that 3abn is not in need of repenting.

I maybe being to hard on L.R., but I am not being to hard on 3abn thye could and should clear the air once and for all, instead we are in a court case that will most likely last until the second coming of jesus.
Also i do not want you to think like i do, but i do think you can fairly say that 3abn has mishandled this from the start, and for that mater in many ways so has linda side, but the bottom line is the power position and that means they have the bigger responisble.
Erik

Eric,

I didn't see this before. I appreciate the tone and spirit of your post, very much. Thank you.

It seems we started out the same way, but have gone in different directions and drawn different conclusions based on what we have seen and found. That's ok, with me.

Maybe we can just agree to disagree on the big picture until all the facts and evidence comes out and the whole truth is known-- even if that not be until after Jesus comes?

of course small things here and there can be proven or debated as we go...

Peace--

--------------------
And ye shall not swear by my name falsely, neither shalt thou profane the name of thy God: I am the LORD. .. in righteousness shalt thou judge thy neighbour.

Thou shalt not go up and down as a talebearer among thy people: neither shalt thou stand against the blood of thy neighbour: I am the LORD. Thou shalt not hate thy brother in thine heart: thou shalt in any wise rebuke thy neighbour, and not suffer sin upon him. Thou shalt not avenge, nor bear any grudge against the children of thy people, but thou shalt love thy neighbour as thyself: I am the LORD. Lev 19:12-18

Pro 26:20 Where no wood is, there the fire goeth out: so where there is no talebearer, the strife ceaseth.

+Quote Post
SoulEspresso
post Aug 21 2007, 02:49 PM
Post #58

500 + posts
Group Icon

Member No.: 2,262

QUOTE(Aletheia @ Aug 21 2007, 02:31 PM) *
I didn't see this before. I appreciate the tone and spirit of your post, very much. Thank you.

It seems we started out the same way, but have gone in different directions and drawn different conclusions based on what we have seen and found. That's ok, with me.

Maybe we can just agree to disagree on the big picture until all the facts and evidence comes out and the whole truth is known-- even if that not be until after Jesus comes?

of course small things here and there can be proven or debated as we go...

Peace--

And I endorse the tone of this post! spoton.gif

If I were the 3ABN board, I would hire the best independent PR firm anonymous donors could buy ... and do everything they say.

--------------------
"The entire world is falling apart because no one will admit they are wrong."
--
Don Miller, Blue Like Jazz.

+Quote Post
princessdi
post Aug 21 2007, 02:52 PM
Post #59

5,000 + posts
Group Icon

Group: Administrator
Member No.: 47

Ok?!!!!

QUOTE(SoulEspresso @ Aug 21 2007, 01:49 PM) *
And I endorse the tone of this post! spoton.gif

If I were the 3ABN board, I would hire the best independent PR firm anonymous donors could buy ... and do everything they say.

--------------------
TTFN
Di

And we know that all things work together for good to them that love God, to them who are the called according to his purpose---Romans 8:28

A great many people believe they are thinking when they are merely rearranging their prejudices.-- William James

It is better to be silent and be thought a fool, than to speak and remove all doubt.- Mark Twain

+Quote Post
Aletheia
post Aug 21 2007, 02:59 PM
Post #60

500 + posts
Group Icon

QUOTE(ex3ABNemployee @ Aug 21 2007, 03:12 PM) *
I think it's all in what you do or don't want to see, Johann. The information is VERY easy for anyone to find.

As much as Aletheia likes "proof" and "documentation" on everything, one would think she'd be thrilled this information is available.

Duane,

Why would you think that or post this?

Did you see my reply to Johann about how he took what I posted the wrong way, and did you see how I proved it by providing the "documentation" (quoting what I had actually written)?

If so, why are you ignoring that, and supporting his error?

I'm not really interested in your written response, but do think you and the readers here should think about that...

~ Aletheia

--------------------

+Quote Post

8 Pages V  « < 2 3 4 5 6 > » 
Reply to this topicStart new topic
1 User(s) are reading this topic (1 Guests and 0 Anonymous Users)
0 Members:

Lo-Fi Version Time is now: 27th March 2008 - 12:12 PM
Design by: Download IPB Skins & eBusiness
BlackSDA has no official affiliation or endorsement from the Seventh-day Adventist church