Archive of http://www.blacksda.com/forums/index.php?showtopic=15002&st=195 preserved for the defense in 3ABN and Danny Shelton v. Joy and Pickle.
Links altered to maintain their integrity and aid in navigation, but content otherwise unchanged.
Saved at 03:06:17 PM on March 23, 2008.
IPB

Welcome Guest ( Log In | Register )

21 Pages V  « < 12 13 14 15 16 > »   
Reply to this topicStart new topic
> Larry Romrell: Adventist Connections?
YogusBearus
post Aug 27 2007, 05:59 PM
Post #196

Advanced Member

Group: Members
Member No.: 2,905

QUOTE(Shepherdswife @ Aug 27 2007, 06:48 PM) *
Bear, you were doing so well, now you done gone and lost me!

I am just not a cookie fan. Where I grew up, the cookies were so healthy, you couldn't always tell if it was a cookie or a patty by looking, and even when you bit in, you still couldn't always tell...so I swore off cookies in gen'ral.

Although, I could be sorely tempted by a dark chocolate macadamia model...

shepherdswife--I know... off topic

I apologize for losing you Mrs. Shepherd. I'm very concerned with the tendency of all conversations to turn to chocolate. This is serious business! Maybe the following excerpt will be helpful in conveying just how serious:

Capaldi Treated for Chemical Dependency

"I never had a clue" - John Lombardi
Provost Capaldi warning CLAS students to "Just say no." An in-depth investigation by courageous CLAS reporters has revealed that Provost Elizabeth D. (Betty) Capaldi, the first woman ever named as chief academic officer of UF, was secretly admitted for a chemical dependency problem earlier this semester.

Confronted with the evidence, Capaldi has now admitted that she is indeed a recovering chocaholic.

This cover-up occurred during the New Year's holiday period when she visited New Orleans, ostensibly to see the Gators kick butt in the Sugar Bowl. However, she was instead spirited away to the Martha Stewart Center for Chocolate Abuse where she underwent a rigorous detoxification process.

There Capaldi was force-fed a foul tasting Indian tea which permanently altered her DNA by destroying the dominant chocolate gene. "Actually, everything tastes like heck now," bemoaned Capaldi.

"But none of this is my fault, you know; it was all my parents' doing," she argued. "Yes, it's true, I was chocolate abused at home. They kept this highly addictive drug always available, right out in the open. What chance did a kid have?"

Capaldi explained, "It all started during Christmas with Brach's Chocolate Covered Cherries, which next led me to abuse Whitman's Samplers, and then I became dangerously into Fannie Mae products. Finally, I was taken over the edge one day by a chocolate pusher who introduced me to the most deadly variety - Belgian chocolates."

Capaldi paused, searching for words. "After that, it was all downhill. The guilt, the shame. At one point, I even forced one of my loyal employees to smuggle chocolates back from Brussels. I was at the end of my rope, and even someone as naive as Lombardi was starting to suspect. I had to come out of the closet."

"They say I'm fine now. These occasional temper tantrums and withdrawal twitches are supposed to be only temporary."

--------------------
Go to the top of the page

+Quote Post
GrammieTana
post Aug 27 2007, 06:24 PM
Post #197

Advanced Member

Member No.: 1,934

QUOTE(YogusBearus @ Aug 27 2007, 07:59 PM) *
I apologize for losing you Mrs. Shepherd. I'm very concerned with the tendency of all conversations to turn to chocolate. This is serious business! Maybe the following excerpt will be helpful in conveying just how serious:

Provost Capaldi warning CLAS students to "Just say no." An in-depth investigation by courageous CLAS reporters has revealed that Provost Elizabeth D. (Betty) Capaldi, the first woman ever named as chief academic officer of UF, was secretly admitted for a chemical dependency problem earlier this semester.

Confronted with the evidence, Capaldi has now admitted that she is indeed a recovering chocaholic.

This cover-up occurred during the New Year's holiday period when she visited New Orleans, ostensibly to see the Gators kick butt in the Sugar Bowl. However, she was instead spirited away to the Martha Stewart Center for Chocolate Abuse where she underwent a rigorous detoxification process.

There Capaldi was force-fed a foul tasting Indian tea which permanently altered her DNA by destroying the dominant chocolate gene. "Actually, everything tastes like heck now," bemoaned Capaldi.

"But none of this is my fault, you know; it was all my parents' doing," she argued. "Yes, it's true, I was chocolate abused at home. They kept this highly addictive drug always available, right out in the open. What chance did a kid have?"

Capaldi explained, "It all started during Christmas with Brach's Chocolate Covered Cherries, which next led me to abuse Whitman's Samplers, and then I became dangerously into Fannie Mae products. Finally, I was taken over the edge one day by a chocolate pusher who introduced me to the most deadly variety - Belgian chocolates."

Capaldi paused, searching for words. "After that, it was all downhill. The guilt, the shame. At one point, I even forced one of my loyal employees to smuggle chocolates back from Brussels. I was at the end of my rope, and even someone as naive as Lombardi was starting to suspect. I had to come out of the closet."

"They say I'm fine now. These occasional temper tantrums and withdrawal twitches are supposed to be only temporary."

flirt.gif You po' fokes! Y'all needs to git yo'sefs clear of dat ole Candida bug dat sho's up by makin y'all crave all dem sweets un stuff lak dat dere.
Take Candex! ranting.gif

But befo youse do dat, send me sum ob dem GOOD TASTING/SOUNDING tidbits! clapping.gif lollarge.gif

GrammieTana (Y'all knows me -- dat li'l ole whaat lady fum Berrin Springs) giggle.gif

offtopic.gif Now, let's us all get back on topic! Y'hear!

+Quote Post
justice4jesus
post Aug 27 2007, 06:41 PM
Post #198

Advanced Member

Member No.: 4,268

QUOTE(Aletheia @ Aug 27 2007, 02:13 PM) *
Don't worry, I'm far from angry.

So your defense in the day of Judgment will be "Aletheia and Aletheia alone made me do and say and think like that?"
nono.gif

Let me see if I have this straight....on the day of Judgment, I will have to answer for the way I viewed the situation surrounding 3ABN in regard to how you presented it?

My, someone's awfully full of herself, isn't she?!

Your response indicates that you are placing far too much importance on 3ABN. That's not healthy. The Lord is the important one here. We all need to remember that.

This post has been edited by justice4jesus: Aug 27 2007, 06:42 PM

+Quote Post
PeacefulBe
post Aug 27 2007, 07:42 PM
Post #199

1,000 + posts
Group Icon

Member No.: 2,169

QUOTE(Johann @ Aug 27 2007, 03:53 PM) *
Ain't nothing left in them then, is there? Got some truth left in them?

Oh, and yes, brother Johann, they still got all the truth left in them.

--------------------
Got Peace?

John 14:27 Peace I leave with you; my peace I give you. I do not give to you as the world gives. Do not let your hearts be troubled and do not be afraid.

"Truth welcomes examination and doesn't need to defend itself, while deception hides in darkness and blames everyone else." Aunt B, 2007

+Quote Post
maggiecttr
post Aug 27 2007, 07:52 PM
Post #200

Member No.: 3,067

QUOTE(Aletheia @ Aug 27 2007, 01:48 AM) *
Like Dr Thompson I also have no knowledge of excesses spent on a fleet of vehicles, and actually have no idea of what you even mean by "fleet"??
~ Aletheia

I knew I heard this term recently, so I rewound my tape of 3ABN Live from last Thursday night, 8/23. During a segment on goods donated to 3ABN, the talk turned to automobiles. Molly S. said, "I don't think we have a single vehicle in our FLEET with less than 100 or 150 thousand miles, and some have 200,000 miles on them, Danny...This ministry has a need for vehicles."

So the term has some familiarity to 3abn insiders, evidently.

Blessings,
maggie

+Quote Post
PeacefulBe
post Aug 27 2007, 07:54 PM
Post #201

1,000 + posts
Group Icon

Member No.: 2,169

QUOTE(YogusBearus @ Aug 27 2007, 04:59 PM) *

bear,

Thank you for bringing this inspiring story to us this day.

I know it took a lot for Provost Capaldi to come forward with this most difficult of admissions. It gives others of us, er, others addicted to this most pleasurable of substances hope of future victory.

Has Provost Capaldi had any repercussions that might effect her position at CLAS? I truly hope they have taken her childhood abuse into consideration and are not punishing her any more than she has already been.

Okay. I'll give it a try. May I please try one of your oatmeal raisin cookies?

Here, NW. You may have yours back. It is only missing one bite and the white choclolate chunks.

--------------------
Got Peace?

John 14:27 Peace I leave with you; my peace I give you. I do not give to you as the world gives. Do not let your hearts be troubled and do not be afraid.

"Truth welcomes examination and doesn't need to defend itself, while deception hides in darkness and blames everyone else." Aunt B, 2007

+Quote Post
Richard Sherwin
post Aug 27 2007, 09:32 PM
Post #202

1,000 + posts
Group Icon

Member No.: 2,231

200,000 miles. To some this will seem like such a pity (which is the whole idea I expect) having such a high millage vehicle, however if she is referring to the fleet of desiel powered broadcast trucks those trucks are just getting broken in. Many semis are out there with a million miles on them.

Richard

QUOTE(maggiecttr @ Aug 27 2007, 09:52 PM) *
I knew I heard this term recently, so I rewound my tape of 3ABN Live from last Thursday night, 8/23. During a segment on goods donated to 3ABN, the talk turned to automobiles. Molly S. said, "I don't think we have a single vehicle in our FLEET with less than 100 or 150 thousand miles, and some have 200,000 miles on them, Danny...This ministry has a need for vehicles."

Blessings,
maggie

+Quote Post
lowender
post Aug 28 2007, 01:02 AM
Post #203

Advanced Member

Member No.: 3,696

Aletheia...

Since you've tried to clarify some things for us, then do you think you can you share what "Spiritual Adultery" is & where in Scripture I can locate & learn about this?

Is it considered Biblical grounds for divorce?

+Quote Post
Observer
post Aug 28 2007, 04:43 AM
Post #204

500 + posts
Group Icon

Member No.: 1,664

QUOTE(Aletheia @ Aug 27 2007, 10:18 AM) *
Do you expect Danny's friends to read this and consider such details? It might save them lots of trouble if they were inclined to read it.
Read what? His claims?

I never saw anyone post any documentation about Joy getting a settlement in the case which was cited here and even quoted by me. I didn't and still don't understand how someone could keep losing even his appeals and then get a settlement.

I looked, and couldn't find it???

Is it maybe another case?

Yes it is another case. If you would understood the legal issues you would know that it would have to be another case.

Here is the basis for the settlement:

Mr. Joy was charged with 40 counts of embezzlement. He moved for dismissal of all 40 counts. The Court granted his request and dismissed 39 kof those counts. Trial was ordered on one count. He was offered an out of court settlement on that count, which he declined. He went to trial on that count, and he was convicted. He filled a lawsuit for misuse of process for the 39 counts that were dismissed. He obtained a five-figure settlement/;judgement on those.

So, he did not get a settlement for the one count for which he was convictd. He got a settlement for the 39 that were dismissed.

--------------------
Gregory Matthews posts here under the name "Observer."

+Quote Post
Aletheia
post Aug 28 2007, 04:51 AM
Post #205

500 + posts
Group Icon

Group: Banned
Member No.: 2,621

QUOTE(maggiecttr @ Aug 27 2007, 09:52 PM) *

Blessings,
maggie

aaahhh. That was helpful. smile.gif

Thank you.

This post has been edited by Aletheia: Aug 28 2007, 05:12 AM

--------------------
And ye shall not swear by my name falsely, neither shalt thou profane the name of thy God: I am the LORD. .. in righteousness shalt thou judge thy neighbour.

Thou shalt not go up and down as a talebearer among thy people: neither shalt thou stand against the blood of thy neighbour: I am the LORD. Thou shalt not hate thy brother in thine heart: thou shalt in any wise rebuke thy neighbour, and not suffer sin upon him. Thou shalt not avenge, nor bear any grudge against the children of thy people, but thou shalt love thy neighbour as thyself: I am the LORD. Lev 19:12-18

Pro 26:20 Where no wood is, there the fire goeth out: so where there is no talebearer, the strife ceaseth.

+Quote Post
Aletheia
post Aug 28 2007, 05:00 AM
Post #206

500 + posts
Group Icon

Group: Banned
Member No.: 2,621

QUOTE(Observer @ Aug 28 2007, 06:43 AM) *
Yes it is another case. If you would understood the legal issues you would know that it would have to be another case.

Here is the basis for the settlement:

Mr. Joy was charged with 40 counts of embezzlement. He moved for dismissal of all 40 counts. The Court granted his request and dismissed 39 kof those counts. Trial was ordered on one count. He was offered an out of court settlement on that count, which he declined. He went to trial on that count, and he was convicted. He filled a lawsuit for misuse of process for the 39 counts that were dismissed. He obtained a five-figure settlement/;judgement on those.

So, he did not get a settlement for the one count for which he was convictd. He got a settlement for the 39 that were dismissed.

I can't find any of this other then the conviction in vermont and the lost appeals when I search under his name. Do you by any chance have a case number, so I can verify any, or all of the rest?

Thank you

--------------------
And ye shall not swear by my name falsely, neither shalt thou profane the name of thy God: I am the LORD. .. in righteousness shalt thou judge thy neighbour.

Thou shalt not go up and down as a talebearer among thy people: neither shalt thou stand against the blood of thy neighbour: I am the LORD. Thou shalt not hate thy brother in thine heart: thou shalt in any wise rebuke thy neighbour, and not suffer sin upon him. Thou shalt not avenge, nor bear any grudge against the children of thy people, but thou shalt love thy neighbour as thyself: I am the LORD. Lev 19:12-18

Pro 26:20 Where no wood is, there the fire goeth out: so where there is no talebearer, the strife ceaseth.

+Quote Post
Observer
post Aug 28 2007, 05:01 AM
Post #207

500 + posts
Group Icon

QUOTE(Aletheia @ Aug 27 2007, 09:33 AM) *
Observer,

IF indeed a judgment was ever issued in favor of Mr Joy as he claims it will., it is not possible that Danny Shelton will ever pay anything out of his own pocket, from his own personal funds. Their is no legal precident for such.

You have all from the beginning had a problem understanding the separation of roles in different issues. Danny Shelton as a private citizen is not suing Joy and Pickle, so a judgment can never be issued against the private individual in question.

It is the ministry of 3ABN and Danny Shelton as it's President and founder who are suing Pickle and Joy for their slander and character defamation. They are not putting anything at risk for the truth is on their side, and so Pickle and Joy will never be able to defend themselves by proving the things they have claimed and accused 3ABN of. .

If a judgment was issued against 3ABN and it's President, and given to Joy as he claims will happen, it would indeed be the donor funds he would get, because it is the ministry of 3ABN who the judgment would be issued against.

Don't try to pretend it could legally be otherwise, it doesn't wash.

And nobody here is stupid.
~ Aletheia

Cindi, as often happens with you, you have misrepresented what I said. I said that Danny could pay judgements out of his personal funds. I did not make any statement in regard to whether or not he would be legally required to pay such. I will again assert that Danny Shelton could voluntarly pay such. Do I expect that he will voluntarly pay any judgements? No, I do not.

As to his legal liability: In my personal opinion, I believe that it is most likely that he will not have any legal liability to pay any judgement that results from the lawsuit that has been filed. While I think that your paragraph as to him being a privatge citizen was not worded in the most accurate way, your paragraph in regard to him being the President of 3-ABN, in my opinion is worded better. I believe that it more likely reflects the reality that he will not have to pay any of the judgements. NOTE: My comment here does not comment on the degree of risk that you mentioned.

However, dispite your implication that Danny could not be required to personally pay for any such judgement, you are in error. There is a legal process by which a judge could order him to personally pay, and by which 3-ABN would be prohibited from paying the part that he was ordered to pay. I simply think that it is not likely that such a process would prevail. But, it could happen.

This post has been edited by Observer: Aug 28 2007, 07:01 AM

--------------------

+Quote Post
Observer
post Aug 28 2007, 06:59 AM
Post #208

500 + posts
Group Icon

QUOTE(Aletheia @ Aug 28 2007, 05:00 AM) *
I can't find any of this other then the conviction in vermont and the lost appeals when I search under his name. Do you by any chance have a case number, so I can verify any, or all of the rest?

Thank you

Cindy:

Your request for that information is valid, and I acknowledge it.

But, I would like to share with you, and everyone else reading these posts where I am in this process:

I am not here to convince anyone of anything. I am not here to convince people that Danny is guilty of great sin. I am not here to convince people that 3-ABN is corrupt. You will note that I have stayed silent on many aspects of the issues with Danny and 3-ABN. That is the reason. While I have clearly stated that I am on Linda's side, and support the idea that she has NOT done anything to give Danny Biblical grounds to divorce her, I an not here to prove that she is not guilty. I therefore do not give many of my reasons for reaching that conclusion.

As to you, I have a perception of you. That perception is that you often twist, misrepresent, and distort what people say. As I see it, you do it to me, as well as to others. In addition, you are a mixed bag in regard to the law and legal issues. Sometimes you are right on target, and at other times you are off on a tangent and may be a mixture of fact and error.

NOTE: I do not equate factual error with being a liar. One can be wrong with no intent to decieve. So, I do not attribute any attempt on your part to decieve. Like all of us, you are simply wrong at times.

As a result of my perception of you, I do not intend to spend any time attempting to give you proof of what I say. That is clearly the position that you have taken in some cases, when people have questioned you. You have reponded that you have said all that you intend to say, and they can develop the proof themself. NOTE: I am using my own words and I am not quoting you.

I recognize that you will not believe what I have said because I have not provided you with proof. That is O.K. with me. I am not here to convince you of anythning.

This post has been edited by Observer: Aug 28 2007, 08:44 AM

--------------------

+Quote Post
LaurenceD
post Aug 28 2007, 08:14 AM
Post #209

500 + posts
Group Icon

Member No.: 3,035

Christ really didn't help some people very much, did he, when he said in John 20...
Thomas, because thou hast seen me, thou hast believed: blessed are they that have not seen, and yet have believed.

..because the impression is it's good enough either way. And as a result, if people don't understand when to use which, it leads to the double mind.

Try saying some really bad about Joy or Pickle and see if you get any objection, or an urgent request for documentation. Another test would be to invite a defender into LC and see what is known off the top of the head (no time for spoon-fed pap responses).

--------------------
Disclaimer Notice: You are hereby cautioned that the information contained within these posts are for the sole purpose of provoking thought, adding fair comment on matters of public interest, and not providing factual information. These posts do not reflect the actual thoughts or intentions of the person writing under this username since said person is not in any position to know. No effort has been made to ensure the accuracy of any personal view, opinion, or hyperbole presented. Therefore, by disclosing, copying, or distributing these posts to others, such information must subsequently be confirmed in writing, signed and dated, by the actual person, or persons, posting behind username LaurenceD.

+Quote Post
appletree
post Aug 28 2007, 10:30 AM
Post #210

Advanced Member

Member No.: 4,244

QUOTE(Richard Sherwin @ Aug 27 2007, 10:32 PM) *
200,000 miles. To some this will seem like such a pity (which is the whole idea I expect) having such a high millage vehicle, however if she is referring to the fleet of desiel powered broadcast trucks those trucks are just getting broken in. Many semis are out there with a million miles on them.

Richard

Not that this is important to spend any time on but I will clarify. The "fleet" she refers to are 4 maybe 5 service vehicles. They are used to take people to and from the airport, haul mail to the post office, transport a production crew to a remote shooting location, bring in supplies, pick up items donated and a myriad of other uses. Most have been donated to the ministry for those purposes and all are older models with lots of miles.

Yes it would be a pity to pick up guests at the airport that are good enough to donate their time doing programming just to break down on the highway in the heat or cold. Or for some of the remote production crew (not the truck crew) to be hundreds or thousands of miles away from home and break down on the side of the road with thousands and thousdands of dollars worth of equipment. So, it is very important to have dependable vehicles.

+Quote Post

21 Pages V  « < 12 13 14 15 16 > » 
Reply to this topicStart new topic
1 User(s) are reading this topic (1 Guests and 0 Anonymous Users)
0 Members:

Lo-Fi Version Time is now: 23rd March 2008 - 02:06 PM
Design by: Download IPB Skins & eBusiness
BlackSDA has no official affiliation or endorsement from the Seventh-day Adventist church