Archive of http://www.blacksda.com/forums/index.php?showtopic=15002&st=240 preserved for the defense in 3ABN and Danny Shelton v. Joy and Pickle.
Links altered to maintain their integrity and aid in navigation, but content otherwise unchanged.
Saved at 03:06:23 PM on March 23, 2008.
IPB

Welcome Guest ( Log In | Register )

21 Pages V  « < 15 16 17 18 19 > »   
Reply to this topicStart new topic
> Larry Romrell: Adventist Connections?
princessdi
post Aug 29 2007, 08:55 AM
Post #241

5,000 + posts
Group Icon

Group: Administrator
Member No.: 47

More than enough is known. 3ABN inferred they were a SDA ministry by it's programming an dclose ties to the SDA church for 20+ years. They are not, they are by their own Non denominational. That is deception. God never uses the devil's tools to accomplish His Work. Man might try, but I think we can see even 20+ years later what kind of disasterous results that is having for 3ABN. That one little hidden lie, has led to bigger and more bold ones, one being "that whole " spiritual adultery" thing.

What you are saying in this post is that God basically might have sent this thieving girl into those homes. Once again , god never uses the devils tools to accomplish His Work or His Will. This view into your train of thought makes it easy to see why 3ABN, or more accurately Danny can do no wrong in your eyes.

QUOTE(Aletheia @ Aug 29 2007, 07:39 AM) *
Too much is unknown to answer that.

Who knows how the Lord is at work behind the scenes, or whether these people were following God's will or their own, or even whether they or the girl might have some lesson to learn???

I'm sorry. I don't like taking God out of the equation, Johann.

If someone is not following the Lord, or asking him to lead before acting, speaking or giving, then of course they will make mistakes, and errors in judgment.

Isa 55:8 -11 For my thoughts are not your thoughts, neither are your ways my ways, saith the LORD. For as the heavens are higher than the earth, so are my ways higher than your ways, and my thoughts than your thoughts.

For as the rain cometh down, and the snow from heaven, and returneth not thither, but watereth the earth, and maketh it bring forth and bud, that it may give seed to the sower, and bread to the eater: So shall my word be that goeth forth out of my mouth: it shall not return unto me void, but it shall accomplish that which I please, and it shall prosper in the thing whereto I sent it.

If you listen to and follow the Lord after asking him where to give of your time, energy, money and prayers, you can't go wrong. He will never lead us astray.

--------------------
TTFN
Di

And we know that all things work together for good to them that love God, to them who are the called according to his purpose---Romans 8:28

A great many people believe they are thinking when they are merely rearranging their prejudices.-- William James

It is better to be silent and be thought a fool, than to speak and remove all doubt.- Mark Twain
Go to the top of the page

+Quote Post
justice4jesus
post Aug 29 2007, 08:55 AM
Post #242

Advanced Member

Group: Members
Member No.: 4,268

QUOTE(Aletheia @ Aug 29 2007, 09:06 AM) *
You didn't ask me your question, but I would think you already know you can't take offerings and donations back whether given to a mission, a ministry, or even your local Church

And your question raises another in my mind of why you or another would really want to? who led you to give to begin with? God?

He doesn't make mistakes.

Were you blessed by Him for giving? Would you give that back if you could get your refund?

Nuff said?

God doesn't make mistakes. I'm definitely with you on that one, Aletheia. However, mistakes are made all the time in situations such as this, and those mistakes are ALWAYS on the part of we mortals.

People have been blowing God's perfect plans out of the water since the beginnings of Earth. Adam and Eve had fouled up before they even got out of the Garden of Eden, and this trend has continued in an endless cycle ever since. The same is true in this case.

Am I saying that it is a mistake to contribute to 3ABN? Of course not. The mistake comes when those donations are not used as the donors have been led to believe they will be used.

Further, this would not be a case of a donor giving their blessing back to God by taking back a donation. When an organization diverts a donation from it's original intended purpose, that organization has already stolen God's blessing from that donor. One man's selfishness affects a lot of people in a lot of ways.

+Quote Post
beartrap
post Aug 29 2007, 08:58 AM
Post #243

500 + posts
Group Icon

Member No.: 1,659

QUOTE(princessdi @ Aug 29 2007, 07:46 AM) *
The funds were solicited under false pretenses. Some who would never, ever donate to Joel Olsteen because he is not SDA, but to It Is Written, Breath of Life, Voice of Prophecy, Amazing Facts because they are SDA, and they believe in spreading the SDA's unigue message. They gave and viewer supported 3ABN becuase they thought it was another SDA ministry spreading the uniquely SDA Three Angel's Message, as inferred in their name and programming. They are either SDA or they are not. Right now legally they proclaim themselves to be nondenominational. They should solicit funds from audiences who don't mind contributing to Non denominational ministries, and change their programming, becuase it is part of the scam to get SDAs to donate to a non denominational ministry, which they have been doing for 20+ years----put simply, they lied.

Now, you have a chance to be really useful. Go back and find out, as Snoopy asked, where those who would like to get a refund can send their requests. Some might not want to make the request, but in an attempt to be honest, 3ABN needs to provide for those want a refund.

Thats right. They are trying to be a two-faced Janus: non denominational and non affiliated with the church when they talk to the court, and fully Adventist and denominational to the Adventists when they need Adventist money. That is called disingenuous and deceitful.

This post has been edited by beartrap: Aug 29 2007, 08:59 AM

+Quote Post
lowender
post Aug 29 2007, 09:10 AM
Post #244

Advanced Member

Member No.: 3,696

QUOTE(Dona @ Aug 29 2007, 02:32 AM) *
Then lets hope that all do a search and prove to themselves the truth of the matter.... that there is no such record.

Dona

Dona... I'm not quite up to date on legal fees & all that... But I do know that Danny Shelton had no Biblical grounds for divorcing his wife. He had no grounds for remarriage. There is such a record for that...

We as SDA common folk don't like that kind of person to be a representative for what we believe & we especially don't like when Mr. Shelton sues a few of our brothers for speaking out against him.

3ABN could become an honest endeavor again. But only if Danny Shelton has nothing to do with it any longer.

+Quote Post
Dona
post Aug 29 2007, 10:16 AM
Post #245

Advanced Member

Member No.: 4,296

QUOTE(princessdi @ Aug 29 2007, 08:46 AM) *
The funds were solicited under false pretenses. Some who would never, ever donate to Joel Olsteen because he is not SDA, but to It Is Written, Breath of Life, Voice of Prophecy, Amazing Facts because they are SDA, and they believe in spreading the SDA's unigue message. They gave and viewer supported 3ABN becuase they thought it was another SDA ministry spreading the uniquely SDA Three Angel's Message, as inferred in their name and programming. They are either SDA or they are not. Right now legally they proclaim themselves to be nondenominational. They should solicit funds from audiences who don't mind contributing to Non denominational ministries, and change their programming, becuase it is part of the scam to get SDAs to donate to a non denominational ministry, which they have been doing for 20+ years----put simply, they lied.

Now, you have a chance to be really useful. Go back and find out, as Snoopy asked, where those who would like to get a refund can send their requests. Some might not want to make the request, but in an attempt to be honest, 3ABN needs to provide for those want a refund.

Our Lord Jesus Christ told us to go unto all the world and preach the gospel. No one can say that 3ABN is not doing that 24 hours a day every week of the year. So, what grounds does any one of us have to say otherwise? They are also teaching the prophecies. They also teach good health, make known the different missionary projects and many other things that the majority of us also agree with and believe it a privilege to help with. They have even included the little children. So I wonder just what it is that has gotten some to believe otherwise. If the question that has been put to some here was asked of the Lord would He not say, “Luke 9:50 ““Forbid [him] not: for he that is not against us is for us.”

3ABN is being used of God to reach millions of souls with the gospel message. The numbers that are giving their lives to the Lord is astounding. A people are being prepared to meet the Lord when He returns. That is going to be very soon. We should all be lifting our heads and rejoicing for were we not told, Mat 24:14 “And this gospel of the kingdom shall be preached in all the world for a witness unto all nations; and then shall the end come.”

Dona

+Quote Post
Johann
post Aug 29 2007, 10:36 AM
Post #246

1,000 + posts
Group Icon

From: Iceland, formerly Denmark, Norway, USA, Sierra Leone, Nigeria, Faeroe Islands. Bound for Heaven.
Member No.: 686

QUOTE(Dona @ Aug 29 2007, 06:16 PM) *
Our Lord Jesus Christ told us to go unto all the world and preach the gospel. No one can say that 3ABN is not doing that 24 hours a day every week of the year. So, what grounds does any one of us have to say otherwise? They are also teaching the prophecies. They also teach good health, make known the different missionary projects and many other things that the majority of us also agree with and believe it a privilege to help with. They have even included the little children. So I wonder just what it is that has gotten some to believe otherwise. If the question that has been put to some here was asked of the Lord would He not say, “Luke 9:50 ““Forbid [him] not: for he that is not against us is for us.”

3ABN is being used of God to reach millions of souls with the gospel message. The numbers that are giving their lives to the Lord is astounding. A people are being prepared to meet the Lord when He returns. That is going to be very soon. We should all be lifting our heads and rejoicing for were we not told, Mat 24:14 “And this gospel of the kingdom shall be preached in all the world for a witness unto all nations; and then shall the end come.”

Dona

Jesus has an answer to this, Dona:

"Many will say to Me in that day, 'Lord, Lord, have we not prophesied in Your name, cast out demons in Your name, and done many wonders in Your name?'

"And then I will declare to them, 'I never knew you: depart from Me, you who practice lawlessness.'" Matt. 7: 22. 23

--------------------
"Any fact that needs to be disclosed should be put out now or as quickly as possible, because otherwise the bleeding will not end." (Attributed to Henry Kissinger)

"He who passively accepts evil is as much involved in it as he who helps to perpetrate it" (Martin Luther King)

"The truth can lose nothing by close investigation". (1888 Materials 38)

+Quote Post
awesumtenor
post Aug 29 2007, 10:39 AM
Post #247

5,000 + posts
Group Icon

Group: Charter Member
Member No.: 15

QUOTE(Aletheia @ Aug 29 2007, 10:06 AM) *
You didn't ask me your question, but I would think you already know you can't take offerings and donations back whether given to a mission, a ministry, or even your local Church

Maybe in the independent church you attend it works that way... but in the Seventh-day Adventist church, it does not and what you claim to 'know' is wrong... If you give an offering for a specific purpose in the Adventist church and the offering cannot be used for that purpose, it can be used for a different purpose only if you give specific assent. If you say it is to be returned to you if it cannot be used for the purpose for which it was originally given, the church has to return every dime. Neither the treasurer nor the church board can reassign a donation to another purpose without your assent.

In His service,
Mr. J

--------------------
There is no one more dangerous than one who thinks he knows God with a mind that is ignorant - Dr. Lewis Anthony

You’ve got to be real comfortable in your own skin to survive the animosity your strength evokes in people you'd hope would like you. - Dr. Renita Weems

+Quote Post
princessdi
post Aug 29 2007, 10:48 AM
Post #248

5,000 + posts
Group Icon

They need to do all that they are doing sans the deception. I rejoice with heaven, when one is led to ggod. Hoever, thends never justify the means in this case. Evnagelism is not by any means necessary. If we are leading people to Christ we should be examples and witnesses of Christ-like behavior. Jesus never lie or deceived anyone to accomplish His ministry. That is 3ABN's example. I for one will not condone an any means necessary ministry. That is so strange that you are talking about spreading God's message and overlooking the sin He hates to do so.

QUOTE(Dona @ Aug 29 2007, 09:16 AM) *

Dona

--------------------
TTFN
Di

And we know that all things work together for good to them that love God, to them who are the called according to his purpose---Romans 8:28

A great many people believe they are thinking when they are merely rearranging their prejudices.-- William James

It is better to be silent and be thought a fool, than to speak and remove all doubt.- Mark Twain

+Quote Post
beartrap
post Aug 29 2007, 10:48 AM
Post #249

500 + posts
Group Icon

QUOTE(Dona @ Aug 29 2007, 09:16 AM) *

Dona

Yet they go about lying and deceiving as a tool in attacking Pickle and Joy. Does preaching, teaching, and reaching millions of people mean that they don't need to be truthful? Are they allowed to be deceitful and underhanded as long as they preach the things we Adventists love to hear?

+Quote Post
Panama_Pete
post Aug 29 2007, 11:08 AM
Post #250

500 + posts
Group Icon

Member No.: 522

QUOTE(Dona @ Aug 29 2007, 11:16 AM) *

Dona

If I wanted to look for that astounding success you mentioned, I would first look in Illinois, which is home to the non-denominational broadcaster.

http://www.bvanet.org/

Broadview Academy (1909 - 2007)

"It is with deep disappointment that Broadview Academy announces that we have closed operations at the end of the 2006-2007 school year."

If you are going to credit an organization with astounding success are you also going to debit them for the notable failures?

+Quote Post
PeacefulBe
post Aug 29 2007, 11:16 AM
Post #251

1,000 + posts
Group Icon

Member No.: 2,169

QUOTE(Johann @ Aug 29 2007, 09:36 AM) *

"Many will say to Me in that day, 'Lord, Lord, have we not prophesied in Your name, cast out demons in Your name, and done many wonders in Your name?'

"And then I will declare to them, 'I never knew you: depart from Me, you who practice lawlessness.'" Matt. 7: 22. 23

Dona quoted part of Luke 9:50, but the further context is important to see, I believe. Luke 9:49, 50:

49 "Master," said John, "we saw a man driving out demons in your name and we tried to stop him, because he is not one of us."

50 "Do not stop him," Jesus said, "for whoever is not against you is for you."

Now, add what you just said, Johann, and we get an ever more clear picture and, further, an answer to beartraps query:

Yet they go about lying and deceiving as a tool in attacking Pickle and Joy. Does preaching, teaching, and reaching millions of people mean that they don't need to be truthful? Are they allowed to be deceitful and underhanded as long as they preach the things we Adventists love to hear?

Unless 100% of the information that has been shared and documented her and on save3abn.com is lies, there is an appearance of impropriety and of financial malfeasance at 3abn. Using the spin cycle to try to clean it up won't accomplish the job. Donors want and deserve accountability in the use of their donations.

--------------------
Got Peace?

John 14:27 Peace I leave with you; my peace I give you. I do not give to you as the world gives. Do not let your hearts be troubled and do not be afraid.

"Truth welcomes examination and doesn't need to defend itself, while deception hides in darkness and blames everyone else." Aunt B, 2007

+Quote Post
princessdi
post Aug 29 2007, 11:19 AM
Post #252

5,000 + posts
Group Icon

Preach!!! clap.gif
QUOTE(Johann @ Aug 29 2007, 09:36 AM) *

--------------------
TTFN
Di

+Quote Post
panther
post Aug 29 2007, 11:28 AM
Post #253

Group: Banned
Member No.: 4,141

QUOTE(beartrap @ Aug 29 2007, 11:48 AM) *

Ah but you are wrong. There is NO lying going on and there is NO deceiving going on. You have absolutely no proof of any such charges brought against 3abn except as people have gossiped about them. Nothing that can be proven in court.

Lee

+Quote Post
beartrap
post Aug 29 2007, 11:32 AM
Post #254

500 + posts
Group Icon

QUOTE(panther @ Aug 29 2007, 10:28 AM) *
Ah but you are wrong. There is NO lying going on and there is NO deceiving going on. You have absolutely no proof of any such charges brought against 3abn except as people have gossiped about them. Nothing that can be proven in court.

Lee

Indeed there is absolute proof of lying and deceit on 3ABN/Danny's part in the lawsuit itself. It states very clearly that 3ABN has no affiliation with any denomination and it says that the programming is non denominational. Those are absolutely lies that can very easily be proven as lies in a court of law. So, as I said before, in spite of all of the preaching and teaching, and millions of people, they are blatantly lying and deceiving. So Snoopy wonders where the donors can line up to get their money back as they find out that 3ABN and Danny are lying.

This post has been edited by beartrap: Aug 29 2007, 12:24 PM

+Quote Post
Snoopy
post Aug 29 2007, 12:07 PM
Post #255

Advanced Member

Member No.: 2,808

Aaahhh - finally some good discussion regarding my question of SDA donor refunds. Thanks all! clap.gif

Interestingly, the obvious 3ABN "insiders" are curiously quiet on the topic...

appletree???

panther (lee...or whoever...)???

+Quote Post

21 Pages V  « < 15 16 17 18 19 > » 
Reply to this topicStart new topic
1 User(s) are reading this topic (1 Guests and 0 Anonymous Users)
0 Members:

Lo-Fi Version Time is now: 23rd March 2008 - 02:06 PM
Design by: Download IPB Skins & eBusiness
BlackSDA has no official affiliation or endorsement from the Seventh-day Adventist church