Archive of http://www.blacksda.com/forums/index.php?showtopic=15029&st=45 preserved for the defense in 3ABN and Danny Shelton v. Joy and Pickle.
Links altered to maintain their integrity and aid in navigation, but content otherwise unchanged.
Saved at 01:11:41 PM on March 27, 2008.
IPB

Welcome Guest ( Log In | Register )

5 Pages V  « < 2 3 4 5 >  
Reply to this topicStart new topic
> Just Curious, Where are you at on the 3abn thingy…?
Assuming you have an opinion on the ongoing 3ABN saga, what is your position on the following?
The allegation about 3ABN that most concerns me is:
The alleged questionable divorce/remarriage of President Danny Shelton. [ 10 ] ** [21.28%]
The disparaging public and private comments made by President Danny Shelton and 3ABN representatives about his ex-wife Linda Shelton. [ 7 ] ** [14.89%]
The alleged questionable use of donor funds on luxuries such as the 3ABN jet(s). [ 1 ] ** [2.13%]
The alleged enrichment of Danny Shelton through accounting “slight of hands” such as the book publishing arrangement for the 10 commandment events. [ 3 ] ** [6.38%]
The alleged questionable personal financial conduct of President Danny Shelton in taking improper tax deductions. [ 0 ] ** [0.00%]
The alleged sexual predatory practices of a leader of 3ABN. [ 5 ] ** [10.64%]
The alleged cover up by President Danny Shelton and/or the 3ABN Board of Directors of the alleged sexual predatory issues above. [ 19 ] ** [40.43%]
3ABN programming is becoming increasingly Pentecostal in nature. [ 1 ] ** [2.13%]
3ABN programming is becoming increasingly influenced by “Grace” driven theology. [ 0 ] ** [0.00%]
3ABN programming is becoming increasingly influenced by “Works” driven theology. [ 1 ] ** [2.13%]
Assuming that being an “activist” in this matter includes sharing and discussing the 3ABN situation both publicly and privately, I feel that it is appropriate morally and biblically for me to be an activist in my concerns regarding any of the above allegations because:
I am concerned and actively involved strictly because 3ABN is widely understood to represent my church. [ 28 ] ** [59.57%]
I would be active in my concern regardless of which denomination, if any, 3ABN was associated with. [ 9 ] ** [19.15%]
I do not consider myself an activist in the 3ABN matter and merely read the information/allegations available to be informed. [ 10 ] ** [21.28%]
Total Votes: 47
Guests cannot vote 
Dona
post Aug 24 2007, 08:19 AM
Post #46

Advanced Member

Group: Members
Member No.: 4,296

There are probably many others, who like me, cannot vote in the poll because there are no real choices given to us that would reflect our concerns. The poll seems to be based upon all in BSDA being in agreement against most things concerned with 3ABN. In other words if one is not in agreement with something, how can they vote? The poll seems to only get the concerns and opinions of one side of each item presented. It just seems to be stacked to bring about the end result of what was looked for in the beginning. How is this unfair, impartial and unbiased?

Dona
Go to the top of the page

+Quote Post
YogusBearus
post Aug 24 2007, 08:29 AM
Post #47

Advanced Member

Member No.: 2,905

QUOTE(Dona @ Aug 24 2007, 09:19 AM) *
There are probably many others, who like me, cannot vote in the poll because there are no real choices given to us that would reflect our concerns. The poll seems to be based upon all in BSDA being in agreement against most things concerned with 3ABN. In other words if one is not in agreement with something, how can they vote? The poll seems to only get the concerns and opinions of one side of each item presented. It just seems to be stacked to bring about the end result of what was looked for in the beginning. How is this unfair, impartial and unbiased?

Dona

Excellent points Dona! It would be interesting and helpful if you would construct a poll that would more equitably address the issues that you see. Go for it!

Don’t hesitate to PM me if I can assist you in setting your poll up. I am currently working on my certification in poll construction and need the practice.

-bear

--------------------

+Quote Post
GRAT
post Aug 24 2007, 11:40 AM
Post #48

Advanced Member

Member No.: 4,305

QUOTE(Johann @ Aug 24 2007, 03:41 AM) *
Good to see you again, sister. Some use the term sociopaths, others say psychopaths. Both have many of the same symptoms.

This is my first try at this so here goes.

NARCISSIST

+Quote Post
Johann
post Aug 24 2007, 02:16 PM
Post #49

1,000 + posts
Group Icon

From: Iceland, formerly Denmark, Norway, USA, Sierra Leone, Nigeria, Faeroe Islands. Bound for Heaven.
Member No.: 686

QUOTE(GRAT @ Aug 24 2007, 07:40 PM) *
This is my first try so here goes.
NARCISSIST

welcome(1).gif , Grat! Do you think this fits too?

--------------------
"Any fact that needs to be disclosed should be put out now or as quickly as possible, because otherwise the bleeding will not end." (Attributed to Henry Kissinger)

"He who passively accepts evil is as much involved in it as he who helps to perpetrate it" (Martin Luther King)

"The truth can lose nothing by close investigation". (1888 Materials 38)

+Quote Post
GRAT
post Aug 24 2007, 04:01 PM
Post #50

Advanced Member

Member No.: 4,305

QUOTE(Johann @ Aug 24 2007, 01:16 PM) *
welcome(1).gif , Grat! Do you think this fits too?

My husband and I had a business partner for 10 years and when he (husband) finally had enough and went to an attorney the guy listened and said "he's a narcissist" I went on the internet to learn more and got on a web site written by a person who had been raised by, married and been around many. It explained so many things. They are never wrong, nothing is ever their fault it's always someone else's, rules and laws are for others not them, they are above the law and many other things. The web guy says that narcissists are almost impossible to help because they never stay in therapy long enough. There is nothing wrong with THEM.

The partner took the business down rather than give up the power to someone who could save it. Many of the things I read about ds I think that's ****** (partners name). I really feel that ds will do the same thing - let it fail rather than admit any culpability.

+Quote Post
Whtz Happenin
post Aug 24 2007, 04:04 PM
Post #51

Advanced Member

Member No.: 2,846

Bear, I thought the poll was great. The one who creates the poll makes the rules.

Seems very simple to me. Of the items listed, just pick one.

If you don't like the poll, create a new one.

Ok, continue on please.... biggrin.gif

+Quote Post
Johann
post Aug 24 2007, 04:12 PM
Post #52

1,000 + posts
Group Icon

From: Iceland, formerly Denmark, Norway, USA, Sierra Leone, Nigeria, Faeroe Islands. Bound for Heaven.
Member No.: 686

QUOTE(GRAT @ Aug 25 2007, 12:01 AM) *
My husband and I had a business partner for 10 years and when he (husband) finally had enough and went to an attorney the guy listened and said "he's a narcissist" I went on the internet to learn more and got on a web site written by a person who had been raised by, married and been around many. It explained so many things. They are never wrong, nothing is ever their fault it's always someone else's, rules and laws are for others not them, they are above the law and many other things. The web guy says that narcissists are almost impossible to help because they never stay in therapy long enough. There is nothing wrong with THEM.

The partner took the business down rather than give up the power to someone who could save it. Many of the things I read about ds I think that's ****** (partners name). I really feel that ds will do the same thing - let it fail rather than admit any culpability.

And they are able to convince quite a number of people that they have never done anything wrong!

--------------------
"Any fact that needs to be disclosed should be put out now or as quickly as possible, because otherwise the bleeding will not end." (Attributed to Henry Kissinger)

"He who passively accepts evil is as much involved in it as he who helps to perpetrate it" (Martin Luther King)

"The truth can lose nothing by close investigation". (1888 Materials 38)

+Quote Post
YogusBearus
post Aug 24 2007, 04:22 PM
Post #53

Advanced Member

QUOTE(Whtz Happenin @ Aug 24 2007, 05:04 PM) *
Bear, I thought the poll was great. The one who creates the poll makes the rules.

Seems very simple to me. Of the items listed, just pick one.

If you don't like the poll, create a new one.

Ok, continue on please.... biggrin.gif

Why thank you WH. I guess I hadn’t thought of the absolute power involved with constructing a poll. Now that you mention it, I can see this plays well with my narcissistic personality.

Alas, I may have to join another discussion group as the current poll I’m constructing with 200 questions and 800 multiple choices answers for each question doesn’t seem to fit the BSDA parameters.

-bear

--------------------

+Quote Post
PeacefulBe
post Aug 24 2007, 04:44 PM
Post #54

1,000 + posts
Group Icon

Member No.: 2,169

QUOTE(Dona @ Aug 24 2007, 07:19 AM) *

Dona

Hi Dona!

Welcome to BSDA in general and the 3abn Forum in particular! I don't know how familiar you are with internet forums. I was clueless about them until just a year ago tomorrow. Anyway, whatever you know of them this one is just a bit different, IMO. Give us a chance and we'll show you.

This particular poll, that Yogus Bearus constructed as part of his masters thesis in his current post graduate poll construction certificate program, was developed after years of painstakingly detailed research into the discussions that have been published here on this particular forum. While I don't want to give away any of the author's motivations, I have it on good authority that it was required as part of the course work that teaches targeting a particular demographic.

It is possible, although I haven't seen the actual documentation, that a poll may be forthcoming that caters to the other demographic represented on this 3abn Forum.

I would also like to add that Mr. Bearus gets extra credit that is directly tied to the number of members who vote in this poll, which will greatly increase his chances for recruitment into the upper eschelon of the Fortune 500 companies within this particular field.

Once again, welcome.

PB

--------------------
Got Peace?

John 14:27 Peace I leave with you; my peace I give you. I do not give to you as the world gives. Do not let your hearts be troubled and do not be afraid.

"Truth welcomes examination and doesn't need to defend itself, while deception hides in darkness and blames everyone else." Aunt B, 2007

+Quote Post
Whtz Happenin
post Aug 24 2007, 05:26 PM
Post #55

Advanced Member

Member No.: 2,846

QUOTE(lowender @ Aug 24 2007, 12:13 AM) *
Speculation... Educated guess... We all know by now that any bad news for 3ABN is spun by Danny Shelton or Walt Thompson to make Danny out to be the innocent victim or the triumphant one...

Reminds me a lot of Saddam Hussein and his spokesman, Baghdad Bob...

Attached Image

Did someone say my name?

This post has been edited by Whtz Happenin: Aug 24 2007, 05:28 PM

+Quote Post
Ozzie
post Aug 24 2007, 05:40 PM
Post #56

Advanced Member

Member No.: 2,395

QUOTE(YogusBearus @ Aug 25 2007, 08:22 AM) *
Why thank you WH. I guess I hadn’t thought of the absolute power involved with constructing a poll. Now that you mention it, I can see this plays well with my narcissistic personality.
-bear

yes.gif clapping.gif

--------------------
"It's important that people know what you stand for. It's equally important that they know what you won't stand for."
~ Mary Waldrop.

+Quote Post
Ozzie
post Aug 24 2007, 05:53 PM
Post #57

Advanced Member

Member No.: 2,395

QUOTE(Dona @ Aug 25 2007, 12:19 AM) *
The poll seems to only get the concerns and opinions of one side of each item presented. It just seems to be stacked to bring about the end result of what was looked for in the beginning. How is this unfair, impartial and unbiased? Dona

welcome.gif Dona.

I don't agree with what you have stated above though. Maybe, you need to look around quite a bit before becoming too judgemental, to pick up on the 'personalities' of the various posters. dunno.gif That would give you a good indication whether the poll was defined to be malicious of skewed or whatever.

While I could have checked 'all of the above', that does not mean that I think that the poll was being manipulated. nonono.gif

--------------------
"It's important that people know what you stand for. It's equally important that they know what you won't stand for."
~ Mary Waldrop.

+Quote Post
watchbird
post Aug 24 2007, 07:01 PM
Post #58

1,000 + posts
Group Icon

Member No.: 1,712

QUOTE(YogusBearus @ Aug 24 2007, 06:22 PM) *

Alas, I may have to join another discussion group as the current poll I’m constructing with 200 questions and 800 multiple choices answers for each question doesn’t seem to fit the BSDA parameters.

-bear

kidding.gif ... YOU???? YogusBearus, the one and only............. "narcissistic"???? .....no.gif..... rofl1.gif ......

And btw.... just WHAT are you including in your current poll for the anti-poll pollsters like myself.... or aren't you speaking to me any more since I boycotted your present poll? uhm.gif

...... scared.gif ........ gossip.gif ............ surrender.gif ......... clapping.gif ............. cloud9.gif .........

angel.gif

+Quote Post
YogusBearus
post Aug 24 2007, 07:22 PM
Post #59

Advanced Member

QUOTE(watchbird @ Aug 24 2007, 08:01 PM) *
kidding.gif ... YOU???? YogusBearus, the one and only............. "narcissistic"???? ..... no.gif ..... rofl1.gif ......

And btw.... just WHAT are you including in your current poll for the anti-poll pollsters like myself.... or aren't you speaking to me any more since I boycotted your present poll? uhm.gif

...... scared.gif ........ gossip.gif ............ surrender.gif ......... clapping.gif ............. cloud9.gif .........

angel.gif

You boycotted my poll? WB, I am crushed! Crushed I tell you!

Poll ethics prohibit me from divulging that you really did vote. In fact you tried to vote twice for the sex issues. It will be our little secret...

-bear

--------------------

+Quote Post
watchbird
post Aug 24 2007, 08:23 PM
Post #60

1,000 + posts
Group Icon

Member No.: 1,712

QUOTE(YogusBearus @ Aug 24 2007, 09:22 PM) *
You boycotted my poll? WB, I am crushed! Crushed I tell you!

Yes... as a matter of fact. I did. And I told you I did. And I even asked if we could still be friends anyhow... and you.... crybaby.gif ....... you..... crybaby.gif .... you didn't even answer me...... crybaby.gif.......

Oh well....

Poll ethics prohibit me from divulging that you really did vote. In fact you tried to vote twice for the sex issues. It will be our little secret...

-bear

Bluffing... that's what you are... bluffing.... you know very well that what I would vote for you didn't even put on your poll.... so there.... 2guns.gif ..... wave.gif......

..........angel.gif........

+Quote Post

5 Pages V  « < 2 3 4 5 >
Reply to this topicStart new topic
1 User(s) are reading this topic (1 Guests and 0 Anonymous Users)
0 Members:

Lo-Fi Version Time is now: 27th March 2008 - 12:11 PM
Design by: Download IPB Skins & eBusiness
BlackSDA has no official affiliation or endorsement from the Seventh-day Adventist church