Archive of http://www.blacksda.com/forums/index.php?showtopic=15167&st=60 preserved for the defense in 3ABN and Danny Shelton v. Joy and Pickle.
Links altered to maintain their integrity and aid in navigation, but content otherwise unchanged.
Saved at 02:58:30 PM on March 23, 2008.
IPB

Welcome Guest ( Log In | Register )

10 Pages V  « < 3 4 5 6 7 > »   
Reply to this topicStart new topic
> Danny Shelton/3abn Board Are Innocent?, Well, then, there must be some proof, so bring it on!
Dona
post Sep 13 2007, 08:22 AM
Post #61

Advanced Member

Group: Members
Member No.: 4,296

QUOTE(justice4jesus @ Sep 13 2007, 08:12 AM) *
Some years ago, when The Talleys were prominent in Gospel music, several people had heard Danny bragging about doing an upcoming interview with them and about how Kirk Talley was one of his best friends in Gospel music. On the raw video just prior to the interview, Danny's "best friend" Kirk turned and asked him, "Now, what is your name again?"

Ah, the price of fame! biggrin.gif

Sounds more like the way good friends would joke around with each other.
Go to the top of the page

+Quote Post
Clay
post Sep 13 2007, 08:23 AM
Post #62

5,000 + posts
Group Icon

Group: Administrator
Member No.: 4

QUOTE(Dona @ Sep 13 2007, 09:22 AM) *

or someone didn't remember someone's name...

--------------------
"you are as sick as your secrets...." -quote from Celebrity Rehab-

+Quote Post
runner4him
post Sep 13 2007, 09:24 AM
Post #63

Advanced Member

Member No.: 3,427

QUOTE(Skyhook @ Sep 9 2007, 11:59 PM) *
That could well have been just his conceit and narcissism talking and may have little or no basis except in his dreams.
I would never take at face value anything like that DS says.

I would never take anything DS said to be factual but at the time I thought to myself.........wow what a terrible thing to say about a new wife and after his claim against LS - the spiritual adultery thing!

It did raise questions in my mind about his integrity and if maybe he was the one with the wandering eye after all? It also rang a loud bell telling me...who is this man who has such a powerful public ministry and says things like this.....very bad taste to say anything like that even joking!!

+Quote Post
runner4him
post Sep 13 2007, 09:37 AM
Post #64

Advanced Member

Member No.: 3,427

QUOTE(appletree @ Sep 11 2007, 11:24 PM) *
Really? The last time I read this accusation it was said in a church dining room in texas to a Pastor. I have confirmed with that pastor that even though they discussed their marriage and the circumstances surrounding that, DS never said any such thing. It was more of saying he had not seen her in 20 + years then later (kidding of course) saying well she kept chasing me after she got here and I finally gave in. Such a shame a person can't even make a joking comment without those comments being twisted, turned, joined together and then told as fact all over the internet. Remember the gossip game where you whisper in someone's ear and keep doing that around the room and when it gets to the last person the original secret is completely wrong?

I thought we were supposed to turn a deaf ear to gossip.

Sorry about the mistake about the location. It was Texas after all. I guess I cannot keep all the ASI Meetings straight. But you must admit saying a new wife had been "chasing me" for 17 years is definitely off limits...just kidding is not appropriate and I for one would not like something like that said about me especially after a messy "spiritual adultery divorce". And what is with the 17 years?? Where did that come from??

Do you mind telling me how someone named "Appletree" can know the pastor and others who heard this comment?

+Quote Post
justice4jesus
post Sep 13 2007, 11:09 AM
Post #65

Advanced Member

Member No.: 4,268

You obviously haven't seen the video. I have. Kirk was as serious as he could be, because in truth, he had no idea who Danny was. I'm sure Danny found no humor in the situation himself, either.

Nice try!

+Quote Post
princessdi
post Sep 13 2007, 11:16 AM
Post #66

5,000 + posts
Group Icon

Member No.: 47

R4H, I am asking the same question, because the would make her a teenager. Not even a 17 year old, fast, hot behind, teenager. Chasing after an old, grown and married man. Not a nice thing to say at all! nonono.gif

QUOTE(runner4him @ Sep 13 2007, 08:37 AM) *
Sorry about the mistake about the location. It was Texas after all. I guess I cannot keep all the ASI Meetings straight. But you must admit saying a new wife had been "chasing me" for 17 years is definitely off limits...just kidding is not appropriate and I for one would not like something like that said about me especially after a messy "spiritual adultery divorce". And what is with the 17 years?? Where did that come from??

Do you mind telling me how someone named "Appletree" can know the pastor and others who heard this comment?

--------------------
TTFN
Di

And we know that all things work together for good to them that love God, to them who are the called according to his purpose---Romans 8:28

A great many people believe they are thinking when they are merely rearranging their prejudices.-- William James

It is better to be silent and be thought a fool, than to speak and remove all doubt.- Mark Twain

+Quote Post
inga
post Sep 13 2007, 11:43 AM
Post #67

500 + posts
Group Icon

Member No.: 577

Appletree, we're waiting for a response from you.

If you had any credibility before this, it's down to zero if you do not reply, because it would demonstrate that you make things up from scratch and post them as fact.

QUOTE(Pickle @ Sep 12 2007, 04:16 PM) *
AppleTree,

An explanation from you is in order. You made it sound like you had talked to the very preacher that told me what Danny had told him, and when I called him he said no one had talked to him.

Now either you talked to a different preacher all together and were mistaken about who the pastor was who talked to me, or you were lying. I would greatly appreciate you telling me that you talked to a different preacher, and I would greatly appreciate you giving me some sort of way to confirm that that was really what happened.

+Quote Post
PeacefulBe
post Sep 13 2007, 01:29 PM
Post #68

1,000 + posts
Group Icon

Member No.: 2,169

QUOTE(inga @ Sep 13 2007, 10:43 AM) *
Appletree, we're waiting for a response from you.

If you had any credibility before this, it's down to zero if you do not reply, because it would demonstrate that you make things up from scratch and post them as fact.

Just a quick "FYI"....

I have been here on this forum for a little over a year now and have seen verification that some of the posters, from both "sides", "know" some things about this 3abn saga. I have also seen that some of those very posters, from both "sides", have made mistakes in their information from time to time.

If error undoes our credibility, we are all in trouble in that regard. What is that great old saying? "To err is human..."

Since he showed up on the 3abn Forum, Appletree has made a few mistakes in the information he has imparted about Larry Romrell, etc. I don't think any of us can claim infallibility in this regard. There is even a question that he may be hedging the truth a bit, if Bob indeed spoke to pastor Kevin from Texas and was told that nobody had contacted him as Appletree claimed he had. Additionally, not everyone is thrilled with Appletree's attitude as he posts some of his information for the contention between the "sides" is legendary. That all being said, I have personally confirmed that wherever he is getting his information, he is not making all of it up from scratch and posting it as fact. While I am constrained by the PM confidentialilty factor, I will tell you that Appletree does know who wrote the email that I posted which indicates to me that he is either among those inside 3abn leadership or at least getting his information from that source.

I do agree that Appletree would be wise to explain his post about speaking to that pastor, in light of what Bob Pickle has now posted. Might also be wise not to rush to judgement, as well.

Perhaps it would be a good exercise to start a thread and discuss how any poster here gains or retains credibility in this hot button climate.....

--------------------
Got Peace?

John 14:27 Peace I leave with you; my peace I give you. I do not give to you as the world gives. Do not let your hearts be troubled and do not be afraid.

"Truth welcomes examination and doesn't need to defend itself, while deception hides in darkness and blames everyone else." Aunt B, 2007

+Quote Post
ex3ABNemployee
post Sep 13 2007, 02:26 PM
Post #69

Advanced Member

Member No.: 2,722

It was no joke. I was there. Kirk didn't have a clue what Danny's name was.

--------------------
Duane Clem

It's not about religion, it's about a relationship.

Gems of Wisdom
"Lisa and Ronda are not Danny's biological father." -- wwjd, 2/8/07
"Watchbird, The facts prove the above lie." -- wwjd, 2/13/07
"Another lie that can be proven..." -- Bystander, 3/18/07
"The thing about lies is they can be proven." -- Aletheia, 3/22/07
"I am not here to argue" -- Aletheia, 4/24/07
"She didn't move to 3ABN, she moved to Illinois" -- Aletheia, 4/25/07
"Hope is liberal. 3abn is not." -- steffan, 6/9/07
"Danny Shelton does not decide what goes on the air, period." -- appletree, 8/22/07

http://www.save-3abn.com/
http://www.investigating3abn.info/
http://rescue3abn.blog.com/
http://www.abundantrest.org/?p=74
http://abundantrest.org/2007/02/18/3abn-sa...ons-retirement/
http://anewsabbathschool.blogspot.com/2006...ain-wrecks.html
http://cafesda.blogspot.com/2006/08/atoday...bn-news_21.html
http://www.atoday.com/email/2007/02/12/
http://spectrummagazine.typepad.com/the_sp...eans_and_e.html

+Quote Post
Pickle
post Sep 13 2007, 05:18 PM
Post #70

1,000 + posts
Group Icon

Member No.: 1,960

QUOTE(PeacefulBe @ Sep 13 2007, 02:29 PM) *
... if Bob indeed spoke to pastor Kevin from Texas and was told that nobody had contacted him as Appletree claimed he had.

Kevin Paulson is a pastor in the Greater New York Conference. He often attends ASI Conventions, and thus I have seen him at two or three of the three I have gone to. Thus, he was in Grapevine, TX, when we spoke on August 5 last year, and in NY when I spoke to him before posting above.

By the way, someone emailed me and told me that there is a sign somewhere connected in some way to 3ABN that says something about an apple tree on it. I think that is more than a hint that AppleTree is an insider.

This post has been edited by Pickle: Sep 13 2007, 05:20 PM

+Quote Post
lowender
post Sep 13 2007, 11:23 PM
Post #71

Advanced Member

Member No.: 3,696

QUOTE(justice4jesus @ Sep 13 2007, 09:12 AM) *
Some years ago, when The Talleys were prominent in Gospel music, several people had heard Danny bragging about doing an upcoming interview with them and about how Kirk Talley was one of his best friends in Gospel music. On the raw video just prior to the interview, Danny's "best friend" Kirk turned and asked him, "Now, what is your name again?"

Situations such as the one you state, from what I understand, can really get Danny furious...
He especially hates not being the center of attention...

+Quote Post
beartrap
post Sep 14 2007, 12:01 AM
Post #72

500 + posts
Group Icon

Member No.: 1,659

QUOTE(lowender @ Sep 13 2007, 10:23 PM) *
Situations such as the one you state, from what I understand, can really get Danny furious...
He especially hates not being the center of attention...

The center of attention... the place where some little folk, bless their pea-pickin-little-hearts, have to be in order to be alive and in true survival.

+Quote Post
summertime
post Sep 14 2007, 04:44 AM
Post #73

Advanced Member

Member No.: 1,655

QUOTE(justice4jesus @ Sep 13 2007, 09:12 AM) *

I used to love to hear the Talleys and Kirk sing together. Then Kirk announced that he was gay---it was very widely known and it came from his own mouth--not gossip. He really tore the Talley family apart. Now I understand that Kirk is in treatment hoping to straighten this part of his life out.----we should all hope and pray that he can, because he was one of the best Gospel singers and writers that I have ever heard. Does anyone know if he has anything new out---I would buy it if he does. 'summertime'

+Quote Post
summertime
post Sep 14 2007, 05:07 AM
Post #74

Advanced Member

Member No.: 1,655

[Appletree:
Of course I will say to you Artiste, If you or anyone else wants to know something about Brandy, the only true source would be Brandy herself. Anything else is heresay. If we all did what the bible says "If you have ought against your brother, GO TO HIM, this topic and these rumors would never be on here in the first place.
[/quote]

Maybe if Brandy would come on BSDA personally---giving her own name so that we would know it is the truth, she could answer some of these questions herself. Of course it would depend entirely if she would want to do this. At the time Danny and Brandy were married, the parents of the bride were not mentioned in the wedding announcement and since there were no group wedding pictures showing on 3ABN, it might explain if they choose anonymity. I just wondered about it since it has been stated that they called Danny previously to ask for help with Brandy when she was going through such a hard time.

+Quote Post
Clay
post Sep 14 2007, 05:17 AM
Post #75

5,000 + posts
Group Icon

Member No.: 4

QUOTE(summertime @ Sep 14 2007, 05:44 AM) *
I used to love to hear the Talleys and Kirk sing together. Then Kirk announced that he was gay---it was very widely known and it came from his own mouth--not gossip. He really tore the Talley family apart. Now I understand that Kirk is in treatment hoping to straighten this part of his life out.----we should all hope and pray that he can, because he was one of the best Gospel singers and writers that I have ever heard. Does anyone know if he has anything new out---I would buy it if he does. 'summertime'

NO.... he did not tear the family apart... their response to his honesty did that... in the mental health field there is a saying that goes, "the person who is taken for treatment is usually not the one who needs the treatment."

My point, families can get caught up so much in the perception that they are trying to project, i.e. "a good family" or "a christian, godly family" that they respond poorly when the family members disclose things about themselves that don't support that perception....

--------------------
"you are as sick as your secrets...." -quote from Celebrity Rehab-

+Quote Post

10 Pages V  « < 3 4 5 6 7 > » 
Reply to this topicStart new topic
1 User(s) are reading this topic (1 Guests and 0 Anonymous Users)
0 Members:

Lo-Fi Version Time is now: 23rd March 2008 - 01:58 PM
Design by: Download IPB Skins & eBusiness
BlackSDA has no official affiliation or endorsement from the Seventh-day Adventist church