Archive of http://www.blacksda.com/forums/index.php?showtopic=15182&st=120 preserved for the defense in 3ABN and Danny Shelton v. Joy and Pickle.
Links altered to maintain their integrity and aid in navigation, but content otherwise unchanged.
Saved at 03:03:55 PM on March 23, 2008.
IPB

Welcome Guest ( Log In | Register )

10 Pages V  « < 7 8 9 10 >  
Reply to this topicStart new topic
> Gailon Joy Files For Bankruptcy, CREDIBLE? HONEST? FINANCIAL COUNSELOR?
Clay
post Sep 11 2007, 02:23 PM
Post #121

5,000 + posts
Group Icon

Group: Administrator
Member No.: 4

QUOTE(Johann @ Sep 11 2007, 03:17 PM) *
Is there a possibility we do not see the same portions of the carcass as rotten beyond salvaging the spoil? That some of us have information we are not able to post here?

interesting that both sides use the same explanation.... the pro-danny faction says that they have info that they cannot post, and the anti-danny faction says that they also have info that they cannot post... if that is the case, why share anything?

--------------------
"you are as sick as your secrets...." -quote from Celebrity Rehab-
Go to the top of the page

+Quote Post
YogusBearus
post Sep 11 2007, 02:29 PM
Post #122

Advanced Member

Group: Members
Member No.: 2,905

QUOTE(Clay @ Sep 11 2007, 03:23 PM) *
interesting that both sides use the same explanation.... the pro-danny faction says that they have info that they cannot post, and the anti-danny faction says that they also have info that they cannot post... if that is the case, why share anything?

I certainly hope we get some advance warning if all these "bombshells" go off simultaneously. My cycle helmet isn't going to do the job.

-bear

edited for temporary bear Dyslexia

This post has been edited by YogusBearus: Sep 11 2007, 03:11 PM

--------------------

+Quote Post
PeacefulBe
post Sep 11 2007, 02:34 PM
Post #123

1,000 + posts
Group Icon

Member No.: 2,169

QUOTE(Johann @ Sep 11 2007, 01:17 PM) *
Is there a possibility we do not see the same portions of the carcass as rotten beyond salvaging the spoil? That some of us have information we are not able to post here?

Johann, many of us have information that is absolutely not appropriate to post here. We know what is in these threads is only the tip of the proverbial ice berg, or just the hoof of the horse, as it were. Best to let those things that need to stay behind the scenes wait for their proper day.

--------------------
Got Peace?

John 14:27 Peace I leave with you; my peace I give you. I do not give to you as the world gives. Do not let your hearts be troubled and do not be afraid.

"Truth welcomes examination and doesn't need to defend itself, while deception hides in darkness and blames everyone else." Aunt B, 2007

+Quote Post
Johann
post Sep 11 2007, 02:35 PM
Post #124

1,000 + posts
Group Icon

From: Iceland, formerly Denmark, Norway, USA, Sierra Leone, Nigeria, Faeroe Islands. Bound for Heaven.
Member No.: 686

QUOTE(Clay @ Sep 11 2007, 10:23 PM) *

Interesting that you mix those cases. One has to do with Nick Miller, the other with Linda vs. Danny. Are they apples vs. oranges?

Just asking. You might see something I don't-

This post has been edited by Johann: Sep 11 2007, 02:36 PM

--------------------
"Any fact that needs to be disclosed should be put out now or as quickly as possible, because otherwise the bleeding will not end." (Attributed to Henry Kissinger)

"He who passively accepts evil is as much involved in it as he who helps to perpetrate it" (Martin Luther King)

"The truth can lose nothing by close investigation". (1888 Materials 38)

+Quote Post
PeacefulBe
post Sep 11 2007, 02:37 PM
Post #125

1,000 + posts
Group Icon

QUOTE(Johann @ Sep 11 2007, 01:35 PM) *
Interesting that you mix those cases. One has to do with Nick Miller, the other with Linda vs. Danny. Are they apples vs. oranges?

Just asking. You might see something I don't-

Yes

--------------------
Got Peace?

John 14:27 Peace I leave with you; my peace I give you. I do not give to you as the world gives. Do not let your hearts be troubled and do not be afraid.

"Truth welcomes examination and doesn't need to defend itself, while deception hides in darkness and blames everyone else." Aunt B, 2007

+Quote Post
Clay
post Sep 11 2007, 02:38 PM
Post #126

5,000 + posts
Group Icon

QUOTE(Johann @ Sep 11 2007, 03:35 PM) *

they are all apples... those who hint that they have info that will clear everything up or prove their point and leave no doubts, YET, they are not at liberty to disclose said info is tiresome.... it would be better that they say nothing than hint that they may know more to the story.... since they cannot share it, it does nothing for the discussion.... except make some skeptical....

--------------------

+Quote Post
Johann
post Sep 11 2007, 02:40 PM
Post #127

1,000 + posts
Group Icon

From: Iceland, formerly Denmark, Norway, USA, Sierra Leone, Nigeria, Faeroe Islands. Bound for Heaven.

QUOTE(PeacefulBe @ Sep 11 2007, 10:37 PM) *
Yes

Yes?

--------------------
"Any fact that needs to be disclosed should be put out now or as quickly as possible, because otherwise the bleeding will not end." (Attributed to Henry Kissinger)

"He who passively accepts evil is as much involved in it as he who helps to perpetrate it" (Martin Luther King)

+Quote Post
Johann
post Sep 11 2007, 02:42 PM
Post #128

1,000 + posts
Group Icon

QUOTE(Clay @ Sep 11 2007, 10:38 PM) *
they are all apples... those who hint that they have info that will clear everything up or prove their point and leave no doubts, YET, they are not at liberty to disclose said info is tiresome.... it would be better that they say nothing than hint that they may know more to the story.... since they cannot share it, it does nothing for the discussion.... except make some skeptical....

I never knew that you could get skeptical, Clay.

--------------------

+Quote Post
PeacefulBe
post Sep 11 2007, 02:48 PM
Post #129

1,000 + posts
Group Icon

QUOTE(Clay @ Sep 11 2007, 01:38 PM) *

Sometimes, Clay, information that one is privy to is not their's to give (as in the case of Nick Miller's email) and it is both inappropriate to make it known or even hint at it. Some, in their eagerness to "prove" their cause, let common sense and ethics fall by the wayside to the detriment of many, even to the very unraveling of the investigation they are supporting.

My own "dead horse" is that I still believe that a battle should be fought with integrity and ethics. Anytime we compromise or rationalize doing the right thing, we join the losing team.

PeacefulBe

--------------------
Got Peace?

+Quote Post
PeacefulBe
post Sep 11 2007, 02:50 PM
Post #130

1,000 + posts
Group Icon

QUOTE(Johann @ Sep 11 2007, 01:40 PM) *
Yes?

Johann,

Nick Miller and the Danny/Linda issue are, indeed, apples and oranges. One is a case of the unethical use of a human being's information, the other is the investigation of a sad relationship. Apples and oranges.

--------------------
Got Peace?

+Quote Post
Johann
post Sep 11 2007, 02:52 PM
Post #131

1,000 + posts
Group Icon

QUOTE(Clay @ Sep 11 2007, 10:38 PM) *

On second thought, Clay, if you think I ever suggested I had information that will clear everything, than either I am a poor communicator, or you put something in my statements that were never intended. You take your pick which is the case.

--------------------

+Quote Post
Clay
post Sep 11 2007, 06:03 PM
Post #132

5,000 + posts
Group Icon

QUOTE(Johann @ Sep 11 2007, 03:52 PM) *
On second thought, Clay, if you think I ever suggested I had information that will clear everything, than either I am a poor communicator, or you put something in my statements that were never intended. You take your pick which is the case.

no you never have Johann, perhaps I could have clarified that, however others have.... it is those of whom I was thinking when I made the comment.....

--------------------

+Quote Post
Pickle
post Sep 11 2007, 06:11 PM
Post #133

1,000 + posts
Group Icon

Member No.: 1,960

I still can't understand why it is considered unethical to make public something that should have been made public a year ago. I think it was highly unethical of Nick to hide it like he did, but I'm beginning to understand a possible reason why he did.

+Quote Post
PeacefulBe
post Sep 11 2007, 06:36 PM
Post #134

1,000 + posts
Group Icon

QUOTE(Pickle @ Sep 11 2007, 05:11 PM) *
I still can't understand why it is considered unethical to make public something that should have been made public a year ago. I think it was highly unethical of Nick to hide it like he did, but I'm beginning to understand a possible reason why he did.

God created each of us with free choice. It was Nick's place to choose whether or not to release that information - ethical or unethical. That's my point. It is also up to those investigating these many issues to choose to comport themselves in and ethical or unethical manner. Free choice.

Now, those on the other side of this issue would certainly like to know the identities of some posting here. They might believe it is ethical to find this info out by any means necessary. Does that make it right?

Of course there is information that rises above personal choice. I think we can all agree with that. But, IMO, Nick's email did not rise to that standard.

--------------------
Got Peace?

+Quote Post
Snoopy
post Sep 11 2007, 07:42 PM
Post #135

Advanced Member

Member No.: 2,808

Could it be possible that there is way more to the Nick Miller story than 99% of us here are aware of? That is my perspective, right now at least, and I tend to cringe at the application of the term "unethical" when I know I do not know the entire story. Just my humble opinion...

+Quote Post

10 Pages V  « < 7 8 9 10 >
Reply to this topicStart new topic
1 User(s) are reading this topic (1 Guests and 0 Anonymous Users)
0 Members:

Lo-Fi Version Time is now: 23rd March 2008 - 02:03 PM
Design by: Download IPB Skins & eBusiness
BlackSDA has no official affiliation or endorsement from the Seventh-day Adventist church