Archive of http://www.blacksda.com/forums/index.php?showtopic=15182&st=15 preserved for the defense in 3ABN and Danny Shelton v. Joy and Pickle.
Links altered to maintain their integrity and aid in navigation, but content otherwise unchanged.
Saved at 03:03:40 PM on March 23, 2008.
IPB

Welcome Guest ( Log In | Register )

10 Pages V  < 1 2 3 4 > »   
Reply to this topicStart new topic
> Gailon Joy Files For Bankruptcy, CREDIBLE? HONEST? FINANCIAL COUNSELOR?
princessdi
post Sep 4 2007, 12:17 PM
Post #16

5,000 + posts
Group Icon

Group: Administrator
Member No.: 47

Link please, court papers, etc.

BTW, Appletree, it truly is a low blow, not Christlike at all, but as YB says, everyone is playing by the "by any means necesary" rules at this point.

QUOTE(appletree @ Sep 4 2007, 10:04 AM) *
"Gailon Joy, Mister Financial Counselor himself, files chapter 7 bankruptcy!"

Mr. Joy who claims to have the business acumen to save 3ABN from disaster has made his own financial disaster public by filing Chapter 7 bankruptcy. One of our own Adventist Institutions as well as ,numerous individuals and businesses will be cheated out of the money owed them by Joy filing this action.

--------------------
TTFN
Di

And we know that all things work together for good to them that love God, to them who are the called according to his purpose---Romans 8:28

A great many people believe they are thinking when they are merely rearranging their prejudices.-- William James

It is better to be silent and be thought a fool, than to speak and remove all doubt.- Mark Twain
Go to the top of the page

+Quote Post
calvin
post Sep 4 2007, 12:21 PM
Post #17

site admin
Group Icon

Group: Owner
Member No.: 1

QUOTE(Clay @ Sep 4 2007, 12:34 PM) *
is there a link? an article to read? where did this info come from?

Bankruptcy is filed in federal court and is a matter of public record. Anyone with a PACER account can access it. http://pacer.psc.uscourts.gov/pacerdesc.html I have called and emailed Gailon Joy to inquire if this is true and if he wishes to respond.

To all of yall. Stop PMing me when the other side post or says something you don’t like about these very public figures in this saga. Specifically, Dr Thompson,, Joy, Linda, and Danny.

Bankruptcy is an unfortunate experience for most people, but it does raise questions about his financial management and creditability. That opens it up for discussion. Joy won’t get handled with kid gloves here.

It won’t take much to find out if the allegations are true. If they are not and Appletree is just sensationalizing I will deal with him.

+Quote Post
YogusBearus
post Sep 4 2007, 12:30 PM
Post #18

Advanced Member

Group: Members
Member No.: 2,905

Morbid curiosity makes me wonder if 3ABN would be listed as a creditor on this alleged Chapter 7 filing.

-bear

QUOTE(calvin @ Sep 4 2007, 01:21 PM) *
To all of yall. Stop PMing me when the other side post or says something you don't like about these very public figures in this saga. Specifically, Dr Thompson,, Joy, Linda, and Danny.

LOL, Calvin. They will learn at some point that PM's to you are generally on a one-way route.

edited for errant bear grammar

This post has been edited by YogusBearus: Sep 4 2007, 12:51 PM

--------------------

+Quote Post
calvin
post Sep 4 2007, 12:33 PM
Post #19

site admin
Group Icon

QUOTE(princessdi @ Sep 4 2007, 01:17 PM) *
Link please, court papers, etc.

BTW, Appletree, it truly is a low blow, not Christlike at all, but as YB says, everyone is playing by the "by any means necesary" rules at this point.

It is only a low blow if not true. If in fact he did file for bankruptcy then so be, that is what it is....and we can all share opinions as to what that means or implies.

+Quote Post
princessdi
post Sep 4 2007, 12:37 PM
Post #20

5,000 + posts
Group Icon

Oh Please, Gurl, as Calvin says,having to file bankruptcy is making a statement about GJ's personal finances, and unfortunately for him, it does come into play with this sad sage, where everything seems to be fair game. However, I know you and your crew are not talking about putting one's head in the sane when you all tried to make TS victims of "legal" age in order to diminsh, not even deny, just diminish his quilt. talking about putting one's head in the sand. Irresponsiblity in one's private finances in nothing(that's why there are bankruptcy courts, for the millions of Americans this happens to.) compared to the devastation left in many people's lives by one pedophile, and then the continued injury by those who try to excuse or dimish the crime.

QUOTE(panther @ Sep 4 2007, 10:34 AM) *
Put your head in the sand then! Keep denying everything you should see clearly because you are blind.
Keep believing Joy and Pickle no matter what. Your choice and your decision. Even if it is not smart.

--------------------
TTFN
Di

And we know that all things work together for good to them that love God, to them who are the called according to his purpose---Romans 8:28

A great many people believe they are thinking when they are merely rearranging their prejudices.-- William James

It is better to be silent and be thought a fool, than to speak and remove all doubt.- Mark Twain

+Quote Post
princessdi
post Sep 4 2007, 12:40 PM
Post #21

5,000 + posts
Group Icon

I guess I see it as low because they are basically kicking GJ, while they are also holding him down, in a sense. It might be true, but did Appletree have to gloat over it, or rush to post it, or post it at all.

Anyway, I believe them tied at this point, because I didn't particularly like that way GJ and Bob handled the letter form the lawyer. As I said they are all into "by any means necessary", but claiming God is on "their" side, all the while.

QUOTE(calvin @ Sep 4 2007, 11:33 AM) *
It is only a low blow if not true. If in fact he did file for bankruptcy then so be, that is what it is....and we can all share opinions as to what that means or implies.

--------------------
TTFN
Di

+Quote Post
Jim Larmore
post Sep 4 2007, 12:41 PM
Post #22

Welcome Newbie

Member No.: 3,284

QUOTE(awesumtenor @ Sep 4 2007, 12:37 PM) *
It would be far easier... and far more effective if you would just refute the claims presented against Danny and 3ABN... if you can.. rather than looking for a larger bucket with which to sling mud.

If you cannot refute the claims against Danny and 3ABN, then it wont matter if you rent a steam shovel to sling mud at Joy and/or Pickle.

Not one iota.

Another poster asked for your side to prove what you claim to be truth... and has, to date, had no takers...

No, not one... and if you think trying to make Pickle or Joy look bad is going to make the readers let that glaring omission on your part pass, then you haven't been paying attention at all...like a bystander might do...

In His service,
Mr. J

I haven't posted here in a few months but I just had to comment on this. Before anyone would feel compelled to refute claims, they have to be legitimate in the first place. No one here has given much of anything in solid facts, only gossip and rumors.

God Bless
Jim Larmore

+Quote Post
Noahswife
post Sep 4 2007, 12:44 PM
Post #23

500 + posts
Group Icon

Member No.: 2,683

QUOTE(YogusBearus @ Sep 4 2007, 02:30 PM) *
Morbid curiosity makes me wonder if 3ABN would be listed as a creditor on this alleged Chapter 7 filing.

-bear

Actually morbid curiosity makes me wonder about the timing of the filing if, as Bob has stated, a settlement demand was to have been filed by 8/31/07.

Also, since a trustee would be appointed for "the estate" in a chapter 7 filing:

"The trustee also pursues causes of action (lawsuits) belonging to the debtor..."

http://www.uscourts.gov/bankruptcycourts/BBpre1005.pdf page 20.

I believe any potential recovery by Mr. Joy would have to be listed and eventually paid to unsecured creditors. I am not certain how a pending claim that is not covered by documented exceptions in the law is treated by the trustee or the law since typically discharge occurs in a Title 7 filing in about 4 months......

This post has been edited by Noahswife: Sep 4 2007, 01:12 PM

--------------------
“I believe in Christianity as I believe that the sun has risen: not only because I see it, but because by it I see everything else.” C.S. Lewis

"To love means loving the unlovable. To forgive means pardoning the unpardonable. Faith means believing the unbelievable. Hope means hoping when everything seems hopeless." G. K. Chesterton

+Quote Post
Pickle
post Sep 4 2007, 12:47 PM
Post #24

1,000 + posts
Group Icon

Member No.: 1,960

QUOTE(YogusBearus @ Sep 4 2007, 01:30 PM) *
Morbid curiosity makes me wonder if 3ABN if would be listed as a creditor on this alleged Chapter 7 filing.

Could they be so listed before Gailon owes them any money?

+Quote Post
Statrei
post Sep 4 2007, 12:54 PM
Post #25

1,000 + posts
Group Icon

Member No.: 1,919

This saga has more anticipation than the Second Coming.

+Quote Post
calvin
post Sep 4 2007, 12:57 PM
Post #26

site admin
Group Icon

QUOTE(Statrei @ Sep 4 2007, 01:54 PM) *

roflmao.gif Got to admit Darius, I have missed your wit. Just roll with it man. The entertainment value IS OFF THE HOOK!

+Quote Post
Johann
post Sep 4 2007, 12:59 PM
Post #27

1,000 + posts
Group Icon

From: Iceland, formerly Denmark, Norway, USA, Sierra Leone, Nigeria, Faeroe Islands. Bound for Heaven.
Member No.: 686

QUOTE(Statrei @ Sep 4 2007, 08:54 PM) *

Depends on which is more important to you?

--------------------
"Any fact that needs to be disclosed should be put out now or as quickly as possible, because otherwise the bleeding will not end." (Attributed to Henry Kissinger)

"He who passively accepts evil is as much involved in it as he who helps to perpetrate it" (Martin Luther King)

"The truth can lose nothing by close investigation". (1888 Materials 38)

+Quote Post
appletree
post Sep 4 2007, 01:00 PM
Post #28

Advanced Member

Member No.: 4,244

QUOTE(princessdi @ Sep 4 2007, 01:40 PM) *
I guess I see it as low because they are basically kicking GJ, while they are also holding him down, in a sense. It might be true, but did Appletree have to gloat over it, or rush to post it, or post it at all.

Anyway, I believe them tied at this point, because I didn't particularly like that way GJ and Bob handled the letter form the lawyer. As I said they are all into "by any means necessary", but claiming God is on "their" side, all the while.

Gloat???? I simply posted this in the very manner they have used since they began. Anyone who reads save3abn knows the true definition of the word "gloat." Yet you have never made that comment towards their posts. They have made every allegation public, with no conscience or proof of the truth of these allegations. Kicking him when he's down? No that is what he has done to anyone involved with 3abn. Di, your double standards are blinding me.

+Quote Post
YogusBearus
post Sep 4 2007, 01:04 PM
Post #29

Advanced Member

Member No.: 2,905

QUOTE(YogusBearus @ Sep 4 2007, 01:30 PM) *

Now that I think about it, I suppose 3ABN could also be listed as a potential debtor. Alright you attorney types, help me out here. I don't want to have anymore conversations with myself.

-bear

--------------------

+Quote Post
Noahswife
post Sep 4 2007, 01:18 PM
Post #30

500 + posts
Group Icon

Member No.: 2,683

QUOTE(Pickle @ Sep 4 2007, 02:47 PM) *
Could they be so listed before Gailon owes them any money?

Bob, you are a co-defendant with Mr. Joy in a lawsuit. Certainly he and/or your own lawyer have discussed with you what impact this chapter 7 filing could/would potentially have on you in the vastly different outcome scenarios I can imagine.

Also more curiosity on my part, does Mr. Joy have legal counsel in the chapter 7 filing or is he going forward pro se in that as well?

nw

This post has been edited by Noahswife: Sep 4 2007, 01:19 PM

--------------------
“I believe in Christianity as I believe that the sun has risen: not only because I see it, but because by it I see everything else.” C.S. Lewis

"To love means loving the unlovable. To forgive means pardoning the unpardonable. Faith means believing the unbelievable. Hope means hoping when everything seems hopeless." G. K. Chesterton

+Quote Post

10 Pages V  < 1 2 3 4 > » 
Reply to this topicStart new topic
1 User(s) are reading this topic (1 Guests and 0 Anonymous Users)
0 Members:

Lo-Fi Version Time is now: 23rd March 2008 - 02:03 PM
Design by: Download IPB Skins & eBusiness
BlackSDA has no official affiliation or endorsement from the Seventh-day Adventist church