Archive of http://www.blacksda.com/forums/index.php?showtopic=15182&st=30 preserved for the defense in 3ABN and Danny Shelton v. Joy and Pickle.
Links altered to maintain their integrity and aid in navigation, but content otherwise unchanged.
Saved at 03:03:42 PM on March 23, 2008.
IPB

Welcome Guest ( Log In | Register )

10 Pages V  < 1 2 3 4 5 > »   
Reply to this topicStart new topic
> Gailon Joy Files For Bankruptcy, CREDIBLE? HONEST? FINANCIAL COUNSELOR?
awesumtenor
post Sep 4 2007, 01:22 PM
Post #31

5,000 + posts
Group Icon

Group: Charter Member
Member No.: 15

QUOTE(calvin @ Sep 4 2007, 02:33 PM) *
It is only a low blow if not true. If in fact he did file for bankruptcy then so be, that is what it is....and we can all share opinions as to what that means or implies.

The low blow is not his filing bankruptcy or even the announcing that said filing took place... it's the brazen attempt to taint things upon which this filing has no bearing that is below the belt...by these rules one could say that nothing anyone in Danny's camp says can be trusted because he covered for his brother's pastoral sexual abuse...

They would immediately cry foul and say the one has nothing to do with the other...

It's the hypocrisy that is the low blow... and those of us who are not in either camp have called that particular foul on whopmever, whenever.

In His service,
Mr. J

--------------------
There is no one more dangerous than one who thinks he knows God with a mind that is ignorant - Dr. Lewis Anthony

You’ve got to be real comfortable in your own skin to survive the animosity your strength evokes in people you'd hope would like you. - Dr. Renita Weems
Go to the top of the page

+Quote Post
appletree
post Sep 4 2007, 01:24 PM
Post #32

Advanced Member

Group: Members
Member No.: 4,244

QUOTE(ex3ABNemployee @ Sep 4 2007, 12:32 PM) *
That's exactly my point. I witnessed this countless times while I was employed at 3ABN. Anytime anyone "rocked the boat" they were attacked.

Here we go again Duane. What you say you witnessed 20 years ago in a tiny fledgling ministry has nothing to do with 3abn now or the present situation. Please quit trying to insinuate that you are on the inside when you're not.
As far as unChristlike and one of the worst things you have read here? Give us all a break. If you can't at least be halfway fair in your evaluation of the gossip, accusations and sensationalism that have been put out by the other side, then your posts hold no credibility whatsoever and do not deserve a reply. The double standards here are unbelievable. At least Calvin tells it like it is. (most of the time) Anytime one of us gives you a taste of your own medicine, we are horrible and unChristlike and not christians. Well, read em and weep buddy...what goes around, comes around. Don't expect anyone to treat your friends any different than they have been treating others. With your approval, I might add.

BTW who is appletree? Go ahead. Answer Danny Shelton so we can all get a good laugh.

+Quote Post
caribbean sda
post Sep 4 2007, 01:26 PM
Post #33

500 + posts
Group Icon

Member No.: 1,678

QUOTE(calvin @ Sep 4 2007, 02:33 PM) *
It is only a low blow if not true. If in fact he did file for bankruptcy then so be, that is what it is....and we can all share opinions as to what that means or implies.

For real...If this is true, he's not the first man to file and he surely won't be the last... scratchchin.gif

--------------------
"Press on, regardless...what's to come is better than what's been...!"

+Quote Post
princessdi
post Sep 4 2007, 01:37 PM
Post #34

5,000 + posts
Group Icon

Group: Administrator
Member No.: 47

Don't even try it. People have made allegations and continue to question Danny's finances, lifestyle, business practices, and chritianity, because he proclaims himself and his network as a leader in Christian living. He is also the head of a viewer supported "ministry". All things things he is an claims to be make him responsible to God an those he has aksed to support him. They donate, and he pledges to use their donations to spread the gospel to the world--Adventist style. What is also unspoken, but implied, is that because he is a leader he needs to live a life beyond reproach, circumspect, advoiding all appearances of evil, or else the message will be effective and lost in his own issues.

On the other hand, GJ has made no such claims, and doesn't owe anyone an explanation for anything. His life can be ragedy as all get out, but if he donated time and means to 3ABN, he has the right to ask questions of Danny when things are not as they should be. He should be able to do so without being attacked, sued, or maligned personally by Danny. However, the nature of this sad saga is that anyone who puts themselves out there on either side, is basically fair game. All of your complaining is basically saying, "how dare anyone question Danny?" IOW, GJ financial house need not be in order for him to question the practices at 3ABN. If he has been a contributor or even viewer in the past based on the promises made by Danny and 3ABN, then he has the right to ask, and Danny needs to answer. Your posting that he has financial, legal, or any other problems are really only a diversionary tatic, and do not pertain to the issues at hand. It is meant to "encourage" GJ to stop asking the tough questions that Danny will not or cannot answer. IOW, more threat, excuse me, "good advice" as you put it.

Plus, Danny's buisness is in the street because he mistakenly three years ago thought that he could put Linda's "business" out there without his going with it. That started the ball rolling.

So there is no double standard here, as usual, you guys claim that when you don't get your way. Danny is answerable, Gj is not. It is just that simple.

QUOTE(appletree @ Sep 4 2007, 12:00 PM) *
Gloat???? I simply posted this in the very manner they have used since they began. Anyone who reads save3abn knows the true definition of the word "gloat." Yet you have never made that comment towards their posts. They have made every allegation public, with no conscience or proof of the truth of these allegations. Kicking him when he's down? No that is what he has done to anyone involved with 3abn. Di, your double standards are blinding me.

--------------------
TTFN
Di

And we know that all things work together for good to them that love God, to them who are the called according to his purpose---Romans 8:28

A great many people believe they are thinking when they are merely rearranging their prejudices.-- William James

It is better to be silent and be thought a fool, than to speak and remove all doubt.- Mark Twain

+Quote Post
appletree
post Sep 4 2007, 01:38 PM
Post #35

Advanced Member

QUOTE(Pickle @ Sep 4 2007, 01:47 PM) *
Could they be so listed before Gailon owes them any money?

Pickle. Quit speculating like you don't know what's going on. Either you know all the details since you are in this mess, knee deep, with Joy or your good buddy has kept this from you intentionally. Either way, I'm quite sure you have been on the phone discussing the whole situation.

+Quote Post
ex3ABNemployee
post Sep 4 2007, 01:58 PM
Post #36

Advanced Member

Member No.: 2,722

QUOTE(appletree @ Sep 4 2007, 02:24 PM) *
Here we go again Duane. What you say you witnessed 20 years ago in a tiny fledgling ministry has nothing to do with 3abn now or the present situation. Please quit trying to insinuate that you are on the inside when you're not.

Insinuating that I'm on the inside? When did I do that? I'm just stating facts that happened during my employment at 3ABN.
As far as unChristlike and one of the worst things you have read here? Give us all a break. If you can't at least be halfway fair in your evaluation of the gossip, accusations and sensationalism that have been put out by the other side, then your posts hold no credibility whatsoever and do not deserve a reply. The double standards here are unbelievable. At least Calvin tells it like it is. (most of the time) Anytime one of us gives you a taste of your own medicine, we are horrible and unChristlike and not christians. Well, read em and weep buddy...what goes around, comes around. Don't expect anyone to treat your friends any different than they have been treating others. With your approval, I might add.

Bankruptcy filings are public record. I'm referring to the insinuations about Gailon's personal finances and statements such as "It's obvious he has enormous debt." You don't know that any more than anyone else does. To me, it looks like you're just mad because you got outsmarted.
BTW who is appletree? Go ahead. Answer Danny Shelton so we can all get a good laugh.

Nice try, but you won't get me suspended that easily.

--------------------
Duane Clem

It's not about religion, it's about a relationship.

Gems of Wisdom
"Lisa and Ronda are not Danny's biological father." -- wwjd, 2/8/07
"Watchbird, The facts prove the above lie." -- wwjd, 2/13/07
"Another lie that can be proven..." -- Bystander, 3/18/07
"The thing about lies is they can be proven." -- Aletheia, 3/22/07
"I am not here to argue" -- Aletheia, 4/24/07
"She didn't move to 3ABN, she moved to Illinois" -- Aletheia, 4/25/07
"Hope is liberal. 3abn is not." -- steffan, 6/9/07
"Danny Shelton does not decide what goes on the air, period." -- appletree, 8/22/07

http://www.save-3abn.com/
http://www.investigating3abn.info/
http://rescue3abn.blog.com/
http://www.abundantrest.org/?p=74
http://abundantrest.org/2007/02/18/3abn-sa...ons-retirement/
http://anewsabbathschool.blogspot.com/2006...ain-wrecks.html
http://cafesda.blogspot.com/2006/08/atoday...bn-news_21.html
http://www.atoday.com/email/2007/02/12/
http://spectrummagazine.typepad.com/the_sp...eans_and_e.html

+Quote Post
appletree
post Sep 4 2007, 01:58 PM
Post #37

Advanced Member

QUOTE(princessdi @ Sep 4 2007, 02:37 PM) *
Don't even try it. People have made allegations and continue to question Danny's finances, lifestyle, business practices, and chritianity, because he proclaims himself and his network as a leader in Christian living. He is also the head of a viewer supported "ministry". All things things he is an claims to be make him responsible to God an those he has aksed to support him. They donate, and he pledges to use their donations to spread the gospel to the world--Adventist style. What is also unspoken, but implied, is that because he is a leader he needs to live a life beyond reproach, circumspect, advoiding all appearances of evil, or else the message will be effective and lost in his own issues.

On the other hand, GJ has made no such claims, and doesn't owe anyone an explanation for anything. His life can be ragedy as all get out, but if he donated time and means to 3ABN, he has the right to ask questions of Danny when things are not as they should be. He should be able to do so without being attacked, sued, or maligned personally by Danny. However, the nature of this sad saga is that anyone who puts themselves out there on either side, is basically fair game. All of your complaining is basically saying, "how dare anyone question Danny?" IOW, GJ financial house need not be in order for him to question the practices at 3ABN. If he has been a contributor or even viewer in the past based on the promises made by Danny and 3ABN, then he has the right to ask, and Danny needs to answer. Your posting that he has financial, legal, or any other problems are really only a diversionary tatic, and do not pertain to the issues at hand. It is meant to "encourage" GJ to stop asking the tough questions that Danny will not or cannot answer. IOW, more threat, excuse me, "good advice" as you put it.

Plus, Danny's buisness is in the street because he mistakenly three years ago thought that he could put Linda's "business" out there without his going with it. That started the ball rolling.

So there is no double standard here, as usual, you guys claim that when you don't get your way. Danny is answerable, Gj is not. It is just that simple.

Actually, no, you shouldn't even try it. Where do I begin? How about with Gurl you don't know nothin'. You as an individual know nothing about Danny and Linda's divorce except what you have read. You don't know anything first hand or even second hand so all your claims against DS are totally fruitless.

Now let's address that GJ doesn't have to answer for anything? Get Real. He placed himself in the limelight with all his save3abn garbage. By attacking the ministry and everyone associated with it, by hurting the cause of Christ, by smearing people's names and reputations, he has plenty to answer to answer for. That means in the courts of the land and the courts of heaven. If someone has the audacity to do what he has done then they better make sure they are squeaky clean before they start throwing stones. How smart is that to accuse a ministry of mishandling funds, with no documented proof I might add, while being in a big ugly mess yourself.

He has swayed people to stop supporting 3abn, he has hurt families, reputations and planted horrible seeds in the minds of people that loved 3abn. He placed himself in this situation and in the face of the public. You better believe he has accountability for his own life and his own actions.

+Quote Post
ex3ABNemployee
post Sep 4 2007, 02:12 PM
Post #38

Advanced Member

Member No.: 2,722

QUOTE(appletree @ Sep 4 2007, 02:58 PM) *
He has swayed people to stop supporting 3abn, he has hurt families, reputations and planted horrible seeds in the minds of people that loved 3abn. He placed himself in this situation and in the face of the public. You better believe he has accountability for his own life and his own actions.

Now we're getting to the heart of the matter.

BTW, do you have any documentation that Gailon Joy himself has caused some to stop sending 3ABN their support? That's quite an accusation, especially if you can't prove it.

--------------------
Duane Clem

It's not about religion, it's about a relationship.

Gems of Wisdom
"Lisa and Ronda are not Danny's biological father." -- wwjd, 2/8/07
"Watchbird, The facts prove the above lie." -- wwjd, 2/13/07
"Another lie that can be proven..." -- Bystander, 3/18/07
"The thing about lies is they can be proven." -- Aletheia, 3/22/07
"I am not here to argue" -- Aletheia, 4/24/07
"She didn't move to 3ABN, she moved to Illinois" -- Aletheia, 4/25/07
"Hope is liberal. 3abn is not." -- steffan, 6/9/07
"Danny Shelton does not decide what goes on the air, period." -- appletree, 8/22/07

http://www.save-3abn.com/
http://www.investigating3abn.info/
http://rescue3abn.blog.com/
http://www.abundantrest.org/?p=74
http://abundantrest.org/2007/02/18/3abn-sa...ons-retirement/
http://anewsabbathschool.blogspot.com/2006...ain-wrecks.html
http://cafesda.blogspot.com/2006/08/atoday...bn-news_21.html
http://www.atoday.com/email/2007/02/12/
http://spectrummagazine.typepad.com/the_sp...eans_and_e.html

+Quote Post
Observer
post Sep 4 2007, 02:31 PM
Post #39

500 + posts
Group Icon

Member No.: 1,664

It it true that GAJ has filed a Chapter 7.

However, there is a lot of speculation going in regard to what is involved.

Gailon was in a business of helping people to obtain loans to purchase home in which they planned to live. To be specific, he was concentrating on hellpling people who were in trouble over loans they had taken out on their homes. He attempted to help them to find new lenders who would write a new loan under circumstances where the people would be better able to pay off their loans.

With the colaspe of the mortgage market, Gailons sources of lending dried up. As a result, he has not been able to arrange for new mortgage loans for people.

In this business he covered a wide area, and he had requests for loans comming to him from multiple sources, and in more than one State.

Recently one of these loans went bad. The application contained false information. It appears that the broker who sent Gailon's company the loan documents knew, or should have known, that the information was fraudulant. This was a very large loan.

This bad loan, along with the fact that he can not finc sources to arrange mortage loans at a reasonable rate has fourced him into filing a Chapter 7.

Because the loan application mentioned above contained false information, and the broker who sent him that package knew, or should have known, it contained false information, Gailon may be released from responsibility for that loan.

If that happpens, Gailon will attempt to convert the Chapter 7 to a Chapter 13. In the event that happens, Gailon will assume the responsibility to pay off his debts. The Chapter 13 will simlply establish a time and means to do so.

--------------------
Gregory Matthews posts here under the name "Observer."

+Quote Post
erik
post Sep 4 2007, 02:44 PM
Post #40

Advanced Member

Group: Financial Donor
Member No.: 2,782

To those that feel that Joy is deadbeat,

IT will be interesting to see the bankruptcy papers if you can produce them.

Second lets say that joy is everything you claim him to be, then it would explain why

Danny's behavior is so easy to spot for Mr. Joy ( For the record i do not think Mr. Joy is a saint but neither is he the devil.)

Mr. Joy I am sure has make mistakes that have hurt many people over the last few years.

THE Shelton brothers have made mistakes that have hurt hundreds and will hurt millions before this is over with.

So before you jump up and down and say yeah MR> joy is Deadbeat, just remember that Danny tried have a sexual relationship with his daughter while the mother was asleep upstairs. And Tommy Shelton discussed and showed his sexual parts to at least 3 other boys/men and maybe as many as 25+.

Please get off your high horse about a bankruptcy

+Quote Post
Pickle
post Sep 4 2007, 02:44 PM
Post #41

1,000 + posts
Group Icon

Member No.: 1,960

QUOTE(Noahswife @ Sep 4 2007, 02:18 PM) *
Bob, you are a co-defendant with Mr. Joy in a lawsuit. Certainly he and/or your own lawyer have discussed with you what impact this chapter 7 filing could/would potentially have on you in the vastly different outcome scenarios I can imagine.

Also more curiosity on my part, does Mr. Joy have legal counsel in the chapter 7 filing or is he going forward pro se in that as well?

nw

1) Shouldn't have any effect.

My understanding is that there would normally be an automatic stay in place to halt court proceedings, but that Gailon has asked/is asking that that not happen.

2) I don't know.

+Quote Post
PeacefulBe
post Sep 4 2007, 02:54 PM
Post #42

1,000 + posts
Group Icon

Member No.: 2,169

QUOTE(calvin @ Sep 4 2007, 11:57 AM) *
roflmao.gif Got to admit Darius, I have missed your wit. Just roll with it man. The entertainment value IS OFF THE HOOK!

Calvin, Stat, here's some fresh popcorn. I'll take a frosty glass of that lemonade, please.

--------------------
Got Peace?

John 14:27 Peace I leave with you; my peace I give you. I do not give to you as the world gives. Do not let your hearts be troubled and do not be afraid.

"Truth welcomes examination and doesn't need to defend itself, while deception hides in darkness and blames everyone else." Aunt B, 2007

+Quote Post
Noahswife
post Sep 4 2007, 02:55 PM
Post #43

500 + posts
Group Icon

Member No.: 2,683

QUOTE(Pickle @ Sep 4 2007, 04:44 PM) *
My understanding is that there would normally be an automatic stay in place to halt court proceedings, but that Gailon has asked/is asking that that not happen.

Bob, are you certain that the automatic stay in court cases when a bankruptcy petition is filed refers to all court matters no matter what the cause of action involved or just those where a creditor is trying to obtain a judgement against the debtor/petitioner who filed for bankruptcy?

One makes rationale sense to me but the other does not.

nw

--------------------
“I believe in Christianity as I believe that the sun has risen: not only because I see it, but because by it I see everything else.” C.S. Lewis

"To love means loving the unlovable. To forgive means pardoning the unpardonable. Faith means believing the unbelievable. Hope means hoping when everything seems hopeless." G. K. Chesterton

+Quote Post
PeacefulBe
post Sep 4 2007, 02:57 PM
Post #44

1,000 + posts
Group Icon

Member No.: 2,169

QUOTE(princessdi @ Sep 4 2007, 11:40 AM) *
I guess I see it as low because they are basically kicking GJ, while they are also holding him down, in a sense. It might be true, but did Appletree have to gloat over it, or rush to post it, or post it at all.

Anyway, I believe them tied at this point, because I didn't particularly like that way GJ and Bob handled the letter form the lawyer. As I said they are all into "by any means necessary", but claiming God is on "their" side, all the while.

Not sayin' a word here. Just highlighting the pretty pink color of princessdi's post.

--------------------
Got Peace?

John 14:27 Peace I leave with you; my peace I give you. I do not give to you as the world gives. Do not let your hearts be troubled and do not be afraid.

"Truth welcomes examination and doesn't need to defend itself, while deception hides in darkness and blames everyone else." Aunt B, 2007

+Quote Post
princessdi
post Sep 4 2007, 02:57 PM
Post #45

5,000 + posts
Group Icon

Group: Administrator
Member No.: 47

Uh Actually, I have not said anything against Danny in this last post, except the fact that he tried to put Linda's "business" as he wanted out in the street. That is true. I have his words on that. I don't have to know anything more than there is no such thing as "spiritual adultery". It was your side which came up with extended phone calls, shoes, watches, etc. trying to make Linda look bad. You see, he started off with a lie, that is never good for one's credibility. Next, because of him and his gag order, Linda could not say a word. He wanted to be the only one talking, and when all this back fired, he is the only one being asked and the only one talking. Linda still aint' said a word, and I wouldn't either. Every once in a while, one of your group will remind folks that Linda just left three years ago, and should be answerable for some of these allegations(which is true, BTW). However, Danny has now claimed to be sole founder and visionary for 3ABN and owrked hard to amke everyone even forget Linda even existed. In fact, those who started watching 3ABN post Li nda, do not even realize she was on there at all....he can't have it both ways. If he did it by himself, he is responsible all by himself. He can still be the only one talking. Those are the facts as they are.

GJ and Bob placed themselves in the limelight by starting to ask questions, out loud(onthe internet) that others were asking in private, or even to 3ABN and Danny and were not getting the right answers. It is still true that any contributor or viewer, supporter of 3ABN has the right to ask questions about operations there, and the personal lives of the leaders based on claims and promises made by Danny, Linda( she is not immune in this), and the 3ABN staff. It is still true that GJ and Bob are being attacked, discredited, and maligned by Danny and 3ABN because they are basically asking questions. All Danny and 3ABN have to do is answer the questions. They claim the questions being asked and allegations being made are false. Provide proof that they are false. Right now GJ and Bob have the upper hand, because even if everything has not be documented, enough has to give some folks and their money pause, as evident by the dwindling contributions.

All this, lawsuit, included is still a diversion. Just answer the questions and allegations. If it is as you say it is, all will be fine. Danny and 3ABN are answerable, because they asked for support, they are yet and still answerable to God, and to those supporters. Answer the charges. Plain and simple. That is what is destroying things, is no answers to the questions, legitmate questions. I find it more than abit disturbing that all of you seem to belive that Dannny is not accountable...to anyone.

For the record, nobody can hurt the cause of Christ. Now GJ and Bob may have hurt the cause of Danny, but God's work will get done. He is God all by Himself.

QUOTE(appletree @ Sep 4 2007, 12:58 PM) *
Actually, no, you shouldn't even try it. Where do I begin? How about with Gurl you don't know nothin'. You as an individual know nothing about Danny and Linda's divorce except what you have read. You don't know anything first hand or even second hand so all your claims against DS are totally fruitless.

Now let's address that GJ doesn't have to answer for anything? Get Real. He placed himself in the limelight with all his save3abn garbage. By attacking the ministry and everyone associated with it, by hurting the cause of Christ, by smearing people's names and reputations, he has plenty to answer to answer for. That means in the courts of the land and the courts of heaven. If someone has the audacity to do what he has done then they better make sure they are squeaky clean before they start throwing stones. How smart is that to accuse a ministry of mishandling funds, with no documented proof I might add, while being in a big ugly mess yourself.

--------------------
TTFN
Di

And we know that all things work together for good to them that love God, to them who are the called according to his purpose---Romans 8:28

A great many people believe they are thinking when they are merely rearranging their prejudices.-- William James

It is better to be silent and be thought a fool, than to speak and remove all doubt.- Mark Twain

+Quote Post

10 Pages V  < 1 2 3 4 5 > » 
Reply to this topicStart new topic
1 User(s) are reading this topic (1 Guests and 0 Anonymous Users)
0 Members:

Lo-Fi Version Time is now: 23rd March 2008 - 02:03 PM
Design by: Download IPB Skins & eBusiness
BlackSDA has no official affiliation or endorsement from the Seventh-day Adventist church