Archive of http://www.blacksda.com/forums/index.php?showtopic=15226&st=30 preserved for the defense in 3ABN and Danny Shelton v. Joy and Pickle.
Links altered to maintain their integrity and aid in navigation, but content otherwise unchanged.
Saved at 03:04:03 PM on March 23, 2008.
IPB

Welcome Guest ( Log In | Register )

5 Pages V  < 1 2 3 4 5 >  
Reply to this topicStart new topic
> The Meetin Before The Jim Gilley Today Live Show, Danny declares war on 3abn internet bloggers, etc.
Artiste
post Sep 9 2007, 01:16 PM
Post #31

Advanced Member

Group: Members
Member No.: 3,569

QUOTE(princessdi @ Sep 9 2007, 11:23 AM) *
Each side comes out with information that they themselves have been "fed" by either Danny or GJ. It is just that simple.
So let's just call it a draw with this one. Danny sends his and GJ sends his. IMO, both should man up and send their own, BTJM.

Princessdi, Gailon Joy's communications that appear on this forum are written and signed by him. Danny Shelton sends no communications that he has written and signed himself, although it does appear that some speak for him as well as defend him.

Those of us who often agree with what Gailon has said also have our own thoughts and opinions, just as Observer has pointed out. We like to think that we have some intelligence also and can have some of our own insights into what is going on.

I know that you realize all this but I wanted to point out the difference between GAJ's communications and DS's.

This post has been edited by Artiste: Sep 9 2007, 01:17 PM
Go to the top of the page

+Quote Post
PeacefulBe
post Sep 9 2007, 02:38 PM
Post #32

1,000 + posts
Group Icon

Member No.: 2,169

QUOTE(Dona @ Sep 8 2007, 10:19 PM) *
Concerning the email letter from G Joy, why does he not email to the forum himself?i Instead he emails others who then shares his emails on the forum. It also makes me wonder why others would allow themselves to be used as a go between? Just a couple things that make no sense to me. Does anyone have a reasonable answer for either or both questions?

Hi Dona!

First, this is a forum. If you are not familiar with how it works I will give a brief overview. Members post information/opinions and other members reply. You can ask a ponted question to a specific member and any other member can answer if they wish.

In the 3abn forum, many members from all sides bring information to the discussion that have been provided to them by others. It's just how some of the info gets here. Go back and read some of what Appletree has posted, or Aletheia, or me. It will all make sense to you the longer you are here.

PeacefulBe

--------------------
Got Peace?

John 14:27 Peace I leave with you; my peace I give you. I do not give to you as the world gives. Do not let your hearts be troubled and do not be afraid.

"Truth welcomes examination and doesn't need to defend itself, while deception hides in darkness and blames everyone else." Aunt B, 2007

+Quote Post
PeacefulBe
post Sep 9 2007, 02:48 PM
Post #33

1,000 + posts
Group Icon

QUOTE(Observer @ Sep 9 2007, 11:53 AM) *
Yes, I clearly come here with information that I have gotten from GAJ. Yes, while I call myself Observer here in BSDA, I clearly lidentify myself by the name that I commonly use. Yes, I am on Linda's side.

But, do not think for a minute that I am simply a mouth piece for GAJ, or anyone else. I am independent enough to speak my mind, regardless of where my thoughts fall.

Do you think that my recent public statement that I supported LR in his new posiiton as a 3-ABN Board member was anything but my independent thinking? How about my public call to give Elder Gilley a year to put his program (whatever it is) in place, and to hold off on the spculation came from anyone other than me?

Sometimes I post what someone else has said. Sometimes I post it because I think it is of interst to you-all, and will stimulate discussion as will as provide information, and not because I am making a statement either that I agree with it, or that I do not.

Often when I post someting from someone else it is because I went to them, and not that they asked me to post it.

Gregory,

I think I can safely say that most every member here knows and respects this about you! I also join you is publicly stating my own intentions to give Larry Romrell and Jim Gilley a chance to prove themselves with 3abn rather than jump onto any tear-down campaigns, and I praise you for doing the same!

PeacefulBe

--------------------
Got Peace?

John 14:27 Peace I leave with you; my peace I give you. I do not give to you as the world gives. Do not let your hearts be troubled and do not be afraid.

"Truth welcomes examination and doesn't need to defend itself, while deception hides in darkness and blames everyone else." Aunt B, 2007

+Quote Post
Seraphim7
post Sep 9 2007, 04:51 PM
Post #34

Heiress Josey
Group Icon

Group: Charter Member
Member No.: 6

QUOTE(Dona @ Sep 9 2007, 02:58 PM) *
Nothing I have to say helps you to see other than what you want to see and quite frankly, none of what you have said is the truth. I am dusting off my feet and moving out of here.

Calling one of our administrators a lie simply because you have not read all of Aletheias comments/claims over the past several months is truly unwise. nono.gif

--------------------
WELCOME to BlackSDA from seraph|m, a BSDA Charter member.
Please Join us in The Married Forum and/or Sabbath School Lesson Study forums.

Then, come join us here, Live Chat Lesson Study ,for our Friday night study @ 8pm CST/9pm EST. The lesson can be found at Sabbath School Network (SSNET)

Motto- "Weapons of Mass Distraction, Have No Place Here. " "Qui tacet consentire videtur,"
Are not official staff mottos and are not endorsed by BSDA Management.

+Quote Post
lurker
post Sep 9 2007, 05:59 PM
Post #35

Advanced Member

Member No.: 676

How many people come here already indignant about what they have been preconditoned to expect. Doesn't take long for them to find something to get indignant about. What ticks them off is that folks aren't ready to ignore everything else and instantly accept their ideas.

So they are dusting off their feet, moving on, outta here and so forth. They know better. We don't.
They gone. Or back to try again. Outta here again. Back again. You know the drill.

+Quote Post
beartrap
post Sep 9 2007, 07:19 PM
Post #36

500 + posts
Group Icon

Member No.: 1,659

QUOTE(lurker @ Sep 9 2007, 04:59 PM) *
How many people come here already indignant about what they have been preconditoned to expect. Doesn't take long for them to find something to get indignant about. What ticks them off is that folks aren't ready to ignore everything else and instantly accept their ideas.

So they are dusting off their feet, moving on, outta here and so forth. They know better. We don't.
They gone. Or back to try again. Outta here again. Back again. You know the drill.

So many of them have said they were outa here, dusting off their feet blowing this joint, or individual threads, but how many who said that actually did? I can't think of even one. Can you? They say that, but none of them will ever be true to their word when it comes to that. They are so stuck on BSDA they just can't get enough of it. Hey, why not? Who couldnt' love this place? LOL!

+Quote Post
princessdi
post Sep 9 2007, 07:29 PM
Post #37

5,000 + posts
Group Icon

Group: Administrator
Member No.: 47

Ariste, that is a very important difference. While I am being frank, I will say that I do believe that DS sends his people rather ill equipped. I have to at least give GJ the benefit of the doubt because at least he sends his own words in writing. That does take the posters off the hook and GJ takes the heat. Still I believe they should post their own defense.

QUOTE(Artiste @ Sep 9 2007, 12:16 PM) *
Princessdi, Gailon Joy's communications that appear on this forum are written and signed by him. Danny Shelton sends no communications that he has written and signed himself, although it does appear that some speak for him as well as defend him.

Those of us who often agree with what Gailon has said also have our own thoughts and opinions, just as Observer has pointed out. We like to think that we have some intelligence also and can have some of our own insights into what is going on.

I know that you realize all this but I wanted to point out the difference between GAJ's communications and DS's.

--------------------
TTFN
Di

And we know that all things work together for good to them that love God, to them who are the called according to his purpose---Romans 8:28

A great many people believe they are thinking when they are merely rearranging their prejudices.-- William James

It is better to be silent and be thought a fool, than to speak and remove all doubt.- Mark Twain

+Quote Post
PeacefulBe
post Sep 9 2007, 07:44 PM
Post #38

1,000 + posts
Group Icon

Dona,

Is this truly what was meant when the disciples were told to shake the dust? Was this the intended application? On one hand, when someone does this it really does remind me of the impetuous words of a little child threatening to run away from home. It is also a bit high and mighty and down right judgemental in attitude, IMO. Sort of a convoluted rendering of "My way or the highway". If it happened only occasionally it might slip by almost unnoticed, but it has happened quite often here by numerous members who come representing the "side" you appear to be championing. It gets redundant and awfully tiring. Sigh.....

I, for one, do want to hear what each member has to say. Although I may not agree with every opinion, I enjoy a place like this forum where all can freely be expressed.

--------------------
Got Peace?

+Quote Post
princessdi
post Sep 9 2007, 07:52 PM
Post #39

5,000 + posts
Group Icon

Greg( sorry for the familiarity, not used to address men and women of God is such a way without permission), I am really just expressing a personal preference here. I must admit it is mostly that DS sends his people into the lion's den ill equipped that has given me the most pause here. That being said, you have posted enough of your own imformation that bring clarity to some of the most complex situations. I am so not making any judgements on those who post for either side. Afteralll if you support something, you should be willing to stand behind it. There is no harm in that. My point is only that DS and GJ should post for themselves. They are both here often enough.

QUOTE(Observer @ Sep 9 2007, 11:53 AM) *
Yes, I clearly come here with information that I have gotten from GAJ. Yes, while I call myself Observer here in BSDA, I clearly lidentify myself by the name that I commonly use. Yes, I am on Linda's side.

But, do not think for a minute that I am simply a mouth piece for GAJ, or anyone else. I am independent enough to speak my mind, regardless of where my thoughts fall.

Do you think that my recent public statement that I supported LR in his new posiiton as a 3-ABN Board member was anything but my independent thinking? How about my public call to give Elder Gilley a year to put his program (whatever it is) in place, and to hold off on the spculation came from anyone other than me?

Sometimes I post what someone else has said. Sometimes I post it because I think it is of interst to you-all, and will stimulate discussion as will as provide information, and not because I am making a statement either that I agree with it, or that I do not.

Often when I post someting from someone else it is because I went to them, and not that they asked me to post it.

--------------------
TTFN
Di

And we know that all things work together for good to them that love God, to them who are the called according to his purpose---Romans 8:28

A great many people believe they are thinking when they are merely rearranging their prejudices.-- William James

It is better to be silent and be thought a fool, than to speak and remove all doubt.- Mark Twain

+Quote Post
princessdi
post Sep 9 2007, 08:05 PM
Post #40

5,000 + posts
Group Icon

Ok, so I am going to assume that you are toally new to all of this to make this statement. In the past three years there have been some very intimate details about the Shelton's marriage posted here that could have only ocme from either Danny or Linda. Some still stand if you care to look them up, and at least a couple were deelted by admins for being waaay too personal. As 99.9%, if not 100% of these details were posted to further demonize Linda, I think it is safe to assume that they came from Danny,maybe not directly, but defintiely and ultimately from Danny. Once again, I have to disagree, because of the facts at hand.

QUOTE(Dona @ Sep 9 2007, 11:58 AM) *
Nothing I have to say helps you to see other than what you want to see and quite frankly, none of what you have said is the truth. I am dusting off my feet and moving out of here.

--------------------
TTFN
Di

+Quote Post
lowender
post Sep 9 2007, 11:48 PM
Post #41

Advanced Member

Member No.: 3,696

the setting aside of Danny Lee Shelton and opening the showers of blessings. This move will most likely save 3ABN!!!
[/quote]
Let's hope so... But the presence of Danny Swaggart will continue to be a millstone around their neck. Notice hae has limited the places he visits? He doesn't make it out to California anymore...

+Quote Post
Ozzie
post Sep 10 2007, 02:18 AM
Post #42

Advanced Member

Member No.: 2,395

QUOTE(Observer @ Sep 9 2007, 07:06 PM) *
I believe that Mr. Joy e-mails to individuals, and generally those who have either indicated that they want to recieve his e-mails, or have business with him. I do not believe that he generally sends out spam. I do not believe that he generally participates in these Internet forums, as he is to busy to spend the time required to do so.

I support your statement Gregory. Email I receive from Gailon is NOT spam. I have requested updates.

However, I don't believe that he has the time to be involved in Forums; with everything else going on in his life.

--------------------
"It's important that people know what you stand for. It's equally important that they know what you won't stand for."
~ Mary Waldrop.

+Quote Post
Ozzie
post Sep 10 2007, 02:38 AM
Post #43

Advanced Member

Member No.: 2,395

QUOTE(Dona @ Sep 10 2007, 04:58 AM) *

And... nothing that you or any other 'Danny Fingers' has convinced me that Danny and his cohorts are innocent of the allegations made against them. You have not PROVED your statment "none of what you have said is the truth." crazy.gif

Maybe, it would be good if you did dust off your feet and move on. Wonder who will be the next 'Danny Fingers' to log on here?
boxing.gif

--------------------
"It's important that people know what you stand for. It's equally important that they know what you won't stand for."
~ Mary Waldrop.

+Quote Post
Observer
post Sep 10 2007, 04:05 AM
Post #44

500 + posts
Group Icon

Member No.: 1,664

QUOTE(princessdi @ Sep 9 2007, 07:52 PM) *
Greg( sorry for the familiarity, not used to address men and women of God is such a way without permission), I am really just expressing a personal preference here. I must admit it is mostly that DS sends his people into the lion's den ill equipped that has given me the most pause here. That being said, you have posted enough of your own imformation that bring clarity to some of the most complex situations. I am so not making any judgements on those who post for either side. Afteralll if you support something, you should be willing to stand behind it. There is no harm in that. My point is only that DS and GJ should post for themselves. They are both here often enough.

Princess:

I do not get hung up on titles. Call me as you wish. Greg/Gregory/or whatever is fine with me.

As I did when I responded directly to you, I am often responding to a larger audience than the specific post. My larger point is that I am often posting a personal opinion that has not been personally aproved by someone else. It does not mean that my opinion is wrong. But, it does then mean that the individual involved has not sent me here to post it. As a matter of fact, when Gailon and I discuss a specific subject I will often tell him that I am going to post on that subject without telling him what I am going to say.

Your post did give me an opportunity to tell people who may be new here, and have not read many of my posts, that while I am on LInda's side, I do call it as I see it.

This post has been edited by Observer: Sep 10 2007, 04:09 AM

--------------------
Gregory Matthews posts here under the name "Observer."

+Quote Post
princessdi
post Sep 10 2007, 05:46 PM
Post #45

5,000 + posts
Group Icon

You indeed, do that.
QUOTE(Observer @ Sep 10 2007, 03:05 AM) *
Princess:

I do not get hung up on titles. Call me as you wish. Greg/Gregory/or whatever is fine with me.

As I did when I responded directly to you, I am often responding to a larger audience than the specific post. My larger point is that I am often posting a personal opinion that has not been personally aproved by someone else. It does not mean that my opinion is wrong. But, it does then mean that the individual involved has not sent me here to post it. As a matter of fact, when Gailon and I discuss a specific subject I will often tell him that I am going to post on that subject without telling him what I am going to say.

Your post did give me an opportunity to tell people who may be new here, and have not read many of my posts, that while I am on LInda's side, I do call it as I see it.

--------------------
TTFN
Di

+Quote Post

5 Pages V  < 1 2 3 4 5 >
Reply to this topicStart new topic
1 User(s) are reading this topic (1 Guests and 0 Anonymous Users)
0 Members:

Lo-Fi Version Time is now: 23rd March 2008 - 02:04 PM
Design by: Download IPB Skins & eBusiness
BlackSDA has no official affiliation or endorsement from the Seventh-day Adventist church