Archive of http://www.blacksda.com/forums/index.php?showtopic=15240&st=120 preserved for the defense in 3ABN and Danny Shelton v. Joy and Pickle.
Links altered to maintain their integrity and aid in navigation, but content otherwise unchanged.
Saved at 02:47:52 PM on March 23, 2008.
IPB

Welcome Guest ( Log In | Register )

30 Pages V  « < 7 8 9 10 11 > »   
Reply to this topicStart new topic
> Jim Gilley Takes Over As President
Observer
post Sep 25 2007, 04:14 AM
Post #121

500 + posts
Group Icon

Group: Members
Member No.: 1,664

QUOTE(lowender @ Sep 25 2007, 03:02 AM) *
Is there any truth to 3ABN employees having their computers, phones, copy machines tapped? I've understood that their is a system that is set up within which certain words trigger an internal surveillance system. Apparently, the employees are aware of this & it keeps them from discussing certain matters which are sensitive to the 3ABN leadership.

Can any of you shed light on this?

As a general practice, many organizations monitor computer useage closely. They clearly do where I work.

--------------------
Gregory Matthews posts here under the name "Observer."
Go to the top of the page

+Quote Post
no_cults
post Sep 25 2007, 07:14 AM
Post #122

Advanced Member

Member No.: 1,322

QUOTE(Observer @ Sep 25 2007, 05:14 AM) *
As a general practice, many organizations monitor computer useage closely. They clearly do where I work.

I believe it would be illegal to tap or listen to employees phone conversations.

+Quote Post
awesumtenor
post Sep 25 2007, 08:41 AM
Post #123

5,000 + posts
Group Icon

Group: Charter Member
Member No.: 15

QUOTE(no_cults @ Sep 25 2007, 09:14 AM) *
I believe it would be illegal to tap or listen to employees phone conversations.

Not if it is plainly posted that all communications are subject to monitoring... if you ever worked on a military base, every phone connected to the base PBX has a warning like that on it... so before you even pick it up you see that what you say on it may be heard by others...

In His service,
Mr. J

--------------------
There is no one more dangerous than one who thinks he knows God with a mind that is ignorant - Dr. Lewis Anthony

You’ve got to be real comfortable in your own skin to survive the animosity your strength evokes in people you'd hope would like you. - Dr. Renita Weems

+Quote Post
lowender
post Sep 25 2007, 10:49 AM
Post #124

Advanced Member

Member No.: 3,696

QUOTE(awesumtenor @ Sep 25 2007, 09:41 AM) *
Not if it is plainly posted that all communications are subject to monitoring... if you ever worked on a military base, every phone connected to the base PBX has a warning like that on it... so before you even pick it up you see that what you say on it may be heard by others...

In His service,
Mr. J

Mr. J.

To me it makes sense that an internal monitoring system in a military base would be necessary and vital to national security. Even working in places like a data bank where sensitive information on people or a company is stored. But in a Christian tv station? Is that absolutely necessary? What info would be sensitive there? What matter of conversation would need to be monitored? It isn't like they work with sensitive material or information.

Could it be that the hierarchy at 3ABN is monitoring their employees in search of dissent or dissatisfaction? Afraid that some of them may have actually sided with individuals who are no longer there who have left either voluntarily or involuntarily due to some practices that have taken place?

Are there any former 3ABN employees who could comment on this?

+Quote Post
ex3ABNemployee
post Sep 25 2007, 11:18 AM
Post #125

Advanced Member

Member No.: 2,722

News story from out hometown paper regarding 3ABN president change. Believe it or not, it mentions Linda:

Three Angels network gets new president

By Bob Ellis, Staff Writer
Tuesday, September 25, 2007 11:30 AM CDT

Danny Shelton, founder of Three Angels Broadcasting Network, was admitted to St. Johns Hospital in St. Louis, Missouri on Sunday, September 16, and released two days later, according to the network’s website. Doctors discovered that he had a severe arterial blockage near his heart and placed a stint in the main artery to relieve that problem. They also indicated they would be treating other blocked blood vessels with medication, while stressing the seriousness of his advanced heart disease.

"All of us at 3ABN are praying for Danny's complete recovery," said Pastor James Gilley, newly elected President and CEO of the organization, who replaced Shelton in that capacity. Pastor Gilley added, “For twenty-two years, Danny has poured his whole life into this ministry. He will continue to be in our prayers as he recuperates." A spokesman for 3ABN today told The Daily American that in his new role, Shelton will be able to get more involved with the worldwide ministry. Shelton recently requested that the Board of Directors invite Pastor Gilley to become President of 3ABN, allowing himself to devote his energies to the international outreach of the ministry. He continues as the founder and corporate consultant. The 3ABN board responded by inviting Elder Jim Gilley to become the new president of the 3ABN world ministry.

Shelton, an FCHS graduate, and his then wife, Linda, started the television ministry in a small field west of Thompsonville, literally laying concrete blocks for the first small home for his dream. From that first awkward broadcasting studio, Shelton guided a ministry that now broadcasts to almost every continent on the globe, 24-hours-a-day, seven days a week. It has been a story of overcoming imposing obstacles, as the former carpenter pulled himself up from familial abject poverty to achieve worldwide theological celebrity. One of the crowning achievements of his ministry was to build a cultural center in Russia, which is now one of the biggest and most modern privately owned building in the former Soviet Union. From there, broadcasts in Russian go out to many areas in that country. Broadcasting in the Philippines, Africa, and New Guinea are just a few other achievements that have emitted through the Thompsonville facility.

The network has also changed the landscape of Thompsonville with their expansive campus, including a state of the art recording studio, the broadcasting station itself, a school, roads and many other buildings. Visitors from around the world visit the facility.

http://www.dailyamericannews.com/articles/...news/news01.txt

--------------------
Duane Clem

It's not about religion, it's about a relationship.

Gems of Wisdom
"Lisa and Ronda are not Danny's biological father." -- wwjd, 2/8/07
"Watchbird, The facts prove the above lie." -- wwjd, 2/13/07
"Another lie that can be proven..." -- Bystander, 3/18/07
"The thing about lies is they can be proven." -- Aletheia, 3/22/07
"I am not here to argue" -- Aletheia, 4/24/07
"She didn't move to 3ABN, she moved to Illinois" -- Aletheia, 4/25/07
"Hope is liberal. 3abn is not." -- steffan, 6/9/07
"Danny Shelton does not decide what goes on the air, period." -- appletree, 8/22/07

http://www.save-3abn.com/
http://www.investigating3abn.info/
http://rescue3abn.blog.com/
http://www.abundantrest.org/?p=74
http://abundantrest.org/2007/02/18/3abn-sa...ons-retirement/
http://anewsabbathschool.blogspot.com/2006...ain-wrecks.html
http://cafesda.blogspot.com/2006/08/atoday...bn-news_21.html
http://www.atoday.com/email/2007/02/12/
http://spectrummagazine.typepad.com/the_sp...eans_and_e.html

+Quote Post
awesumtenor
post Sep 25 2007, 11:35 AM
Post #126

5,000 + posts
Group Icon

Group: Charter Member
Member No.: 15

QUOTE(lowender @ Sep 25 2007, 12:49 PM) *
Mr. J.

To me it makes sense that an internal monitoring system in a military base would be necessary and vital to national security. Even working in places like a data bank where sensitive information on people or a company is stored. But in a Christian tv station? Is that absolutely necessary? What info would be sensitive there? What matter of conversation would need to be monitored? It isn't like they work with sensitive material or information.

I was not speaking to the necessity of communications monitoring; I was speaking merely of the legality of it. If all who would use that communication system are made aware that all calls are subject to be monitored, by using the phone there, they accept thosee terms. Call monitoring becomes illegal only when one or more of the parties being listened to is not aware that the call is monitored and there is no court order allowing such monitoring to take place...

If such tactics are *necessary* is a whole other kettle of fish.

In His service,
Mr. J

--------------------
There is no one more dangerous than one who thinks he knows God with a mind that is ignorant - Dr. Lewis Anthony

You’ve got to be real comfortable in your own skin to survive the animosity your strength evokes in people you'd hope would like you. - Dr. Renita Weems

+Quote Post
no_cults
post Sep 25 2007, 04:12 PM
Post #127

Advanced Member

Member No.: 1,322

QUOTE(ex3ABNemployee @ Sep 25 2007, 12:18 PM) *
News story from out hometown paper regarding 3ABN president change. Believe it or not, it mentions Linda:
http://www.dailyamericannews.com/articles/...news/news01.txt

I am trying to keep an open mind re: Jim Gilley.

But, have heard that he doesn't do anything for nothing.
Could elaborate on this, but won't.

Questions:

1. What are they paying J. Gilley? This might tell what his motives are.
2. Does he have a contract?
3. Will Danny be paid his normal salary?

This are legitimate questions that any donor should expect answers
to. Mission Catalyst does not mind. Several months ago, I had
some questions and Ron Gladden was very forthright in answering
every question that I had and invited me to pass along the information
to others. I was overwhelmed !!!! They seem to be doing a good
work and I am praying for them.

On an aside note.... several months ago, MCA had sent letters to
every single conference in the N Amer - seeking to determine
their willingness to the disclosure of financial information. The
results were really less than dismal. Most did not even answer.

MCA = Members for Church Accountability

+Quote Post
lowender
post Sep 25 2007, 11:35 PM
Post #128

Advanced Member

QUOTE(awesumtenor @ Sep 25 2007, 12:35 PM) *
I was not speaking to the necessity of communications monitoring; I was speaking merely of the legality of it. If all who would use that communication system are made aware that all calls are subject to be monitored, by using the phone there, they accept thosee terms. Call monitoring becomes illegal only when one or more of the parties being listened to is not aware that the call is monitored and there is no court order allowing such monitoring to take place...

If such tactics are *necessary* is a whole other kettle of fish.

In His service,
Mr. J

Mr J...

I know you're not contradicting anything, you are just saying that monitoring happens for a reason. When I worked for the state there were blocks on our computers to keep e-mail from being used for anything other than state business. But what I have understood is that the 3ABN bugging system for phones, computers and even office conversations is triggered for words such as 'Linda' and 'scandal', among others.

I just wonder how necessary this is & why?

Any former 3ABN employees know about this?

+Quote Post
Dallas
post Sep 27 2007, 08:56 PM
Post #129

Welcome Newbie

Member No.: 4,356

QUOTE(no_cults @ Sep 25 2007, 05:12 PM) *
I am trying to keep an open mind re: Jim Gilley.

But, have heard that he doesn't do anything for nothing.
Could elaborate on this, but won't.

No, please do elaborate! This is more of the same kind of thing that I see all over, you
make an insinuation about someone’s character then you try to hide behind “doing the
Christian thing” and not elaborating on someone else’s faults!

So if you have any real proof let’s see it, put it out there on the table, just make sure it is not
something you have fabricated! Or is hear say!! SHOW ME THE PROOF!! Or stop insinuating that
you know something you don’t!! This is the type of garbage that you put out, you begin by making
people doubt the credibility of someone. Then you start tearing down people who have done
nothing to you!!! So I challenge you PUT UP or SHUT UP!!

For your information Jim Gilley worked many years fulltime as the Texas Conference Evangelist and
for a time as the Senior Pastor of the Arlington SDA Church for $1, I repeat one dollar as his
salary for the entire year while he ran his own business to pay for his ministry, most of the money
that funded the supplies and equipment for that ministry came out of his own pocket.

I’d like to say if you are going to attack Jim Gilley’s integrity you better start in another place.
That flag won’t fly here!

This post has been edited by Dallas: Sep 27 2007, 09:08 PM

+Quote Post
SoulEspresso
post Sep 27 2007, 09:20 PM
Post #130

500 + posts
Group Icon

Member No.: 2,262

QUOTE(Dallas @ Sep 27 2007, 08:56 PM) *
No, please do elaborate! This is more of the same kind of thing that I see all over, you
make an insinuation about someone’s character then you try to hide behind “doing the
Christian thing” and not elaborating on someone else’s faults!

So if you have any real proof let’s see it, put it out there on the table, just make sure it is not
something you have fabricated! Or is hear say!! SHOW ME THE PROOF!! Or stop insinuating that
you know something you don’t!! This is the type of garbage that you put out, you begin by making
people doubt the credibility of someone. Then you start tearing down people who have done
nothing to you!!! So I challenge you PUT UP or SHUT UP!!

For your information Jim Gilley worked many years fulltime as the Texas Conference Evangelist and
for a time as the Senior Pastor of the Arlington SDA Church for $1, I repeat one dollar as his
salary for the entire year while he ran his own business to pay for his ministry, most of the money
that funded the supplies and equipment for that ministry came out of his own pocket.

I’d like to say if you are going to attack Jim Gilley’s integrity you better start in another place.
That flag won’t fly here!

Your tone is uncalled for, Dallas. I know you're new at least at posting, but if Jim's half the man you say he is, he deserves more than shouting, which is what typing in all caps is in a forum like this.

No_cults said was that Jim wouldn't do something for nothing; clearly he isn't motivated by money as per the account of the dollar salary (which I don't doubt, btw). But you can bet if he worked for Arlington for a dollar he was highly motivated by something else. That might have been something good like the work of the gospel, or something like the reputation that comes with one of the biggest churches in the Texas Conference. dunno.gif Men of the cloth are motivated by noble and ignoble things, all of them, and since he's of unknown quality re: 3ABN, I think the best we can do is wait and see.

Actually, I have a pretty reliable source myself that figured Jim G's character was pretty steadfast ... and said source wouldn't say so if they really didn't think so. I was surprised, which is no credit to me I guess. For my own sake, I feel better about Jim G than I did. Wish I could share. lol.gif

But the jury is still officially out until something substantive changes at 3ABN.

--------------------
"The entire world is falling apart because no one will admit they are wrong."
--
Don Miller, Blue Like Jazz.

+Quote Post
beartrap
post Sep 28 2007, 12:29 AM
Post #131

500 + posts
Group Icon

Member No.: 1,659

No, I don't believe for one moment that any televangelist does anything for nothing. there is always a motive there. Does he have books to sell? Does he have an agenda go propogate? We shall see.

+Quote Post
beartrap
post Sep 28 2007, 12:35 AM
Post #132

500 + posts
Group Icon

Member No.: 1,659

Sometimes something as simple as a black corvette can be motivation for certain actions and statements... even it they are false.

+Quote Post
lowender
post Sep 28 2007, 12:42 AM
Post #133

Advanced Member

QUOTE(beartrap @ Sep 28 2007, 01:35 AM) *
Sometimes something as simple as a black corvette can be motivation for certain actions and statements... even it they are false.

Or a hot young woman on the arm of an older guy...

+Quote Post
Whitey
post Sep 28 2007, 02:48 AM
Post #134

Advanced Member

Member No.: 581

sad.gif
QUOTE(lowender @ Sep 27 2007, 07:42 PM) *

That's a dirty low blow. I don't like your tatics in boxing.gif

+Quote Post
Clay
post Sep 28 2007, 04:42 AM
Post #135

5,000 + posts
Group Icon

Group: Administrator
Member No.: 4

QUOTE(lowender @ Sep 28 2007, 01:42 AM) *

let it go.... that would be a strong recommendation....

--------------------
"you are as sick as your secrets...." -quote from Celebrity Rehab-

+Quote Post

30 Pages V  « < 7 8 9 10 11 > » 
Reply to this topicStart new topic
1 User(s) are reading this topic (1 Guests and 0 Anonymous Users)
0 Members:

Lo-Fi Version Time is now: 23rd March 2008 - 01:47 PM
Design by: Download IPB Skins & eBusiness
BlackSDA has no official affiliation or endorsement from the Seventh-day Adventist church