Archive of http://www.blacksda.com/forums/index.php?showtopic=15240&st=90 preserved for the defense in 3ABN and Danny Shelton v. Joy and Pickle.
Links altered to maintain their integrity and aid in navigation, but content otherwise unchanged.
Saved at 02:47:48 PM on March 23, 2008.
IPB

Welcome Guest ( Log In | Register )

30 Pages V  « < 5 6 7 8 9 > »   
Reply to this topicStart new topic
> Jim Gilley Takes Over As President
Ian
post Sep 19 2007, 11:49 AM
Post #91

Advanced Member

Group: Members
Member No.: 4,103

QUOTE(Pickle @ Sep 19 2007, 11:28 AM) *

Can you yourself, as you started this, provide us with a quote from Kevin Paulson about this, and a quote saying what you previously claimed he said to you?

I first put that incident into writing in an email to Hal Steenson on August 9, 2006. I attributed it to Kevin in an email by Sept. 13, 2006.

He told me what I have always said that he said that Danny told him.

That isn't actually what I asked...

Does this mean you can't, or won't provide a quote from him?

If not, thanks anyway. I'll email him and ask him about all this myself...

This post has been edited by Ian: Sep 19 2007, 11:56 AM
Go to the top of the page

+Quote Post
Observer
post Sep 19 2007, 11:56 AM
Post #92

500 + posts
Group Icon

Member No.: 1,664

QUOTE(Ian @ Sep 19 2007, 09:45 AM) *
Yes, separation does come before divorce. You are correct.

But I have questions about this, alot of them. I have been trying to read all that is posted about this. Does this make sense to you?

In the divorce petition, filed June 14, 2004 [ here;http://www.save3abn.com/danny-shelton-demise-of-marriage-guam-divorce.htm] Danny states:
The chairman of the 3abn board had to send a letter to Linda, advising her of her suspension and the board requirements at her her daughter's, as she wasn't at her home or job even before the divorce was filed or her suspension/leave of absense
Mr thorvaldson, says he visited the home she had purchased in May of 2004, during the 3abn campmeeting weekend, he claims he and the Dr came to defend her and prevent her from being fired. The board met on Sunday at the very end of May following that campmeeting.

But Linda, on her website, claims:[http://lindashelton.org/questions.html]
Why? if as she claims, she was not separated until June 1, 2004, had she already moved out and purchased a new home?

Why if she was suspended on May 4, 2004 does she claim she was suspended in April?

She appears to have a different story then all others including some of her defenders.

I personally find this distressing, and questionable.

What do you personally think about this?

Ian, I can understand your questions, and I do not fault you for asking them. I will suggest that they are not as important as you seem to see them. In addition, The data may not be a clear as you think that it is.

In emotionally loaded situations, such as a divorce, people often have differing perspectives on the events. This includes times and dates. I have gone through a divorce--many years ago. If you were to talk to my ex-wife, and I it is possible that we would give you different dates for the seperation. Why, because of the emotional loading of that word. Her perspective as to the exact date for the seperation and other dates might differ from mine.

In reality, each of us might be telling the truth.

There is no Court that would like to sanction either of us for giving the date that is meaningful to each of us.

I will suggest that the same holds true for Danny and Linda. So, the dates differ by a bit. So what? There are much more important issues to discuss.

When you look at the statements regarding the divorce, consider the emotional content of the subject, as well as the words.

--------------------
Gregory Matthews posts here under the name "Observer."

+Quote Post
justice4jesus
post Sep 19 2007, 12:02 PM
Post #93

Advanced Member

Member No.: 4,268

QUOTE(Ian @ Sep 19 2007, 12:14 PM) *
Thank you, I pray for this myself, and so welcome all prayers on my behalf. Knowing prayers can never hurt. " I don't want to be blind, in error or deceived, but MAYBE....

Your prayers should include yourself also, and others besides myself?

Just an idea, and (or) suggestion...
1 Thess 5
"... we exhort you, brethren, warn them that are unruly, comfort the
feebleminded, support the weak, be patient toward all men. See that none
render evil for evil unto any man; but ever follow that which is good, both
among yourselves, and to all men.

Rejoice evermore. Pray without ceasing. In every thing give thanks: for this
is the will of God in Christ Jesus concerning you. Quench not the Spirit.
Despise not prophesyings. Prove all things; hold fast that which is good.
Abstain from all appearance of evil.

And the very God of peace sanctify you wholly; and I pray God your whole
spirit and soul and body be preserved blameless unto the coming of our Lord
Jesus Christ.

Faithful is he that calleth you, who also will do it.

Brethren, pray for us..."

Jam 5:16 Confess your faults one to another, and pray one for another, that
ye may be healed. The effectual fervent prayer of a righteous man availeth
much.

1Pe 3:12 For the eyes of the Lord are over the righteous, and his ears are
open unto their prayers: but the face of the Lord is against them that do
evil.

I am glad that you grabbed onto that particular point. All of us should be praying for the Sheltons, and for ourselves that the Lord would guide our thoughts and actions, and reveal what we need to know.

No, I certainly do not want you to be "blind, in error or deceived". I don't want anyone to end up in that predicament, myself included. That is why I always encourage others to seek out the truth and to assess all available evidence, just as I am doing in the best way I know how. In any and all issues which remain unresolved, the Sheltons should be, to correct a phrase which is commonly misused, PRESUMED innocent until proven guilty.

I encourage you to keep up the search for the information that you need. Please know that many of us here wish for these issues to be resolved in a calm and peaceful manner, and for the Sheltons to be able to return to a normal life as soon as possible. This is the prayer of any real Christian.

+Quote Post
Ian
post Sep 19 2007, 12:05 PM
Post #94

Advanced Member

QUOTE(Observer @ Sep 19 2007, 11:56 AM) *
Ian, I can understand your questions, and I do not fault you for asking them. I will suggest that they are not as important as you seem to see them. In addition, The data may not be a clear as you think that it is.

In emotionally loaded situations, such as a divorce, people often have differing perspectives on the events. This includes times and dates. I have gone through a divorce--many years ago. If you were to talk to my ex-wife, and I it is possible that we would give you different dates for the seperation. Why, because of the emotional loading of that word. Her perspective as to the exact date for the seperation and other dates might differ from mine.

In reality, each of us might be telling the truth.

There is no Court that would like to sanction either of us for giving the date that is meaningful to each of us.

I will suggest that the same holds true for Danny and Linda. So, the dates differ by a bit. So what? There are much more important issues to discuss.

When you look at the statements regarding the divorce, consider the emotional content of the subject, as well as the words.

Sure... as long as you can reasonably explain why a wife with no intention of divorce or separation from her husband purchases a separate residence.

+Quote Post
Ian
post Sep 19 2007, 12:13 PM
Post #95

Advanced Member

QUOTE(justice4jesus @ Sep 19 2007, 12:02 PM) *
I am glad that you grabbed onto that particular point. All of us should be praying for the Sheltons, and for ourselves that the Lord would guide our thoughts and actions, and reveal what we need to know.

amen

+Quote Post
awesumtenor
post Sep 19 2007, 12:23 PM
Post #96

5,000 + posts
Group Icon

Group: Charter Member
Member No.: 15

QUOTE(Ian @ Sep 19 2007, 02:05 PM) *
Sure... as long as you can reasonably explain why a wife with no intention of divorce or separation from her husband purchases a separate residence.

2 words... spousal abuse. I know a pastor and his wife right now... have no intention of getting divorced... but he's pecked her onion once too many... and she will not live with him and subject herself to that any more.

But while you are on the subject of "reasonable explanations", please explain why a man would come into a public forum and declare his intent to save his marriage when he knew he had already filed for divorce in Guam...

In His service,
Mr. J

--------------------
There is no one more dangerous than one who thinks he knows God with a mind that is ignorant - Dr. Lewis Anthony

You’ve got to be real comfortable in your own skin to survive the animosity your strength evokes in people you'd hope would like you. - Dr. Renita Weems

+Quote Post
princessdi
post Sep 19 2007, 12:25 PM
Post #97

5,000 + posts
Group Icon

Group: Administrator
Member No.: 47

It 's been awhile since this was discussed, but did not Danny assist Linda in purchasing this "separte residence"? Somebody? I could be worng, there is just soo much to keep up with here.

QUOTE(Ian @ Sep 19 2007, 11:05 AM) *

--------------------
TTFN
Di

And we know that all things work together for good to them that love God, to them who are the called according to his purpose---Romans 8:28

A great many people believe they are thinking when they are merely rearranging their prejudices.-- William James

It is better to be silent and be thought a fool, than to speak and remove all doubt.- Mark Twain

+Quote Post
inga
post Sep 19 2007, 12:56 PM
Post #98

500 + posts
Group Icon

Member No.: 577

I believe Bob meant '2004' in each instance he wrote '2006' below.

He can verify or deny that ...

QUOTE(Pickle @ Sep 19 2007, 12:37 PM) *
Ian,

Danny wrote an email on Oct. 8, 2006, to Gailon Joy and claimed that Linda was at their house and using the pool after camp meeting, May 2006. That is when Danny claimed to have entered her car without her permission, justifying that by claiming that he had proof that his name was on the title, which it wasn't, and found the watch that the doctor had given her.

Thus, while the divorce papers may say that they were separated on May 8, if there was no legal separation, Linda could very well be using the date that she decided to no longer go to her home and use her pool at 3ABN, since even Danny claims she was still doing that after the late May 2004 camp meeting.

+Quote Post
inga
post Sep 19 2007, 01:06 PM
Post #99

500 + posts
Group Icon

Member No.: 577

QUOTE(awesumtenor @ Sep 19 2007, 01:23 PM) *
please explain why a man would come into a public forum and declare his intent to save his marriage when he knew he had already filed for divorce in Guam...

Yes, please ... uhm.gif

+Quote Post
PeacefulBe
post Sep 19 2007, 01:41 PM
Post #100

1,000 + posts
Group Icon

Member No.: 2,169

QUOTE(Ian @ Sep 19 2007, 10:14 AM) *
Thank you, I pray for this myself, and so welcome all prayers on my behalf. Knowing prayers can never hurt. " I don't want to be blind, in error or deceived, but MAYBE....

Your prayers should include yourself also, and others besides myself?

Just an idea, and (or) suggestion...
1 Thess 5
"... we exhort you, brethren, warn them that are unruly, comfort the
feebleminded, support the weak, be patient toward all men. See that none
render evil for evil unto any man; but ever follow that which is good, both
among yourselves, and to all men.

Rejoice evermore. Pray without ceasing. In every thing give thanks: for this
is the will of God in Christ Jesus concerning you. Quench not the Spirit.
Despise not prophesyings. Prove all things; hold fast that which is good.
Abstain from all appearance of evil.

And the very God of peace sanctify you wholly; and I pray God your whole
spirit and soul and body be preserved blameless unto the coming of our Lord
Jesus Christ.

Faithful is he that calleth you, who also will do it.

Brethren, pray for us..."

Jam 5:16 Confess your faults one to another, and pray one for another, that
ye may be healed. The effectual fervent prayer of a righteous man availeth
much.

1Pe 3:12 For the eyes of the Lord are over the righteous, and his ears are
open unto their prayers: but the face of the Lord is against them that do
evil.

Ian,

This troubles me. Try as I might, when I hear Danny ranting about the "little group" that are a thorn in his side or the chat rooms that are spreading "rumors"; when I read what you and appletree and Dona and some others post here I just can't reconcile it to the instructions I read in the bolded verses above.

The lawsuit doesn't fit, the vow to find the IDs of some members here and bring them to justice doesn't fit. And, for all the words of denial, there IS an appearance of evil.

However, where there is breath left there is hope.

Yes, we need prayer, every last one of us. We all need our Lord's power in our lives.

--------------------
Got Peace?

John 14:27 Peace I leave with you; my peace I give you. I do not give to you as the world gives. Do not let your hearts be troubled and do not be afraid.

"Truth welcomes examination and doesn't need to defend itself, while deception hides in darkness and blames everyone else." Aunt B, 2007

+Quote Post
PeacefulBe
post Sep 19 2007, 01:42 PM
Post #101

1,000 + posts
Group Icon

QUOTE(inga @ Sep 19 2007, 11:56 AM) *
I believe Bob meant '2004' in each instance he wrote '2006' below.

He can verify or deny that ...

The pool incident was in 2004, the email, which I have also read, was in October 2006. Hope that helps.

--------------------
Got Peace?

John 14:27 Peace I leave with you; my peace I give you. I do not give to you as the world gives. Do not let your hearts be troubled and do not be afraid.

"Truth welcomes examination and doesn't need to defend itself, while deception hides in darkness and blames everyone else." Aunt B, 2007

+Quote Post
appletree
post Sep 19 2007, 08:58 PM
Post #102

Advanced Member

Member No.: 4,244

QUOTE(PeacefulBe @ Sep 18 2007, 11:42 PM) *
Appletree, it speaks volumes of some on both sides. It would be nice to get to some real dialogue where every individual here would view each other as worthy of respect and care and, dare I say, Christian love? But, instead we are left with so many barbs and hooks and words of accusation and villification all around.

IMO you passed this information about Danny's heart problems along as if it were of little importance. This well after your long post about his fame and popularity, almost as an afterthought. Perhaps this is where some of the disbelief in the truth of your announcement has developed. Danny having heart problems is a serious issue, far more important than how recognizable he is. This is a time when he, his wife, his daughter, his grandchildren, his brothers and sister and his friends are faced with uncertainty and need to be surrounded with support and the prayers of all. I pray that he and his loved ones have this.

PB, first you defend me, then lecture me on why people thought it could be made up. Here is the truth of the matter. I was answering another post on another matter. As I did I was considering if I should share the health problems here on this forum or if that would be a mistake. As I was typing I decided that it might be best to tell the facts of the situation before someone came on with faulty information and speculation of all kinds. If I had started a new thread with it, I'm sure I would have been accused of trying to get sympathy for Danny or something else just as ridiculous, so, I just put it in where I already was posting.

He and his family have had great support, love and prayers.

+Quote Post
appletree
post Sep 19 2007, 09:10 PM
Post #103

Advanced Member

QUOTE(Pickle @ Sep 18 2007, 10:54 PM) *
It didn't make sense for him to have claimed to talk to Kevin Paulson, and then to refuse to explain the discrepancy. So who knows what he would do?

Which hospital is he at? I'd like to let some of his family know who haven't heard anything about it.

Mr. Pickle, let me just say that if there is any "family" that is in contact with you, then it would be "family" that doesn't need to know what is going on. The "real" family that cares, knows all about it and were there to support him.

+Quote Post
PeacefulBe
post Sep 19 2007, 09:24 PM
Post #104

1,000 + posts
Group Icon

QUOTE(appletree @ Sep 19 2007, 07:58 PM) *
PB, first you defend me, then lecture me on why people thought it could be made up. Here is the truth of the matter. I was answering another post on another matter. As I did I was considering if I should share the health problems here on this forum or if that would be a mistake. As I was typing I decided that it might be best to tell the facts of the situation before someone came on with faulty information and speculation of all kinds. If I had started a new thread with it, I'm sure I would have been accused of trying to get sympathy for Danny or something else just as ridiculous, so, I just put it in where I already was posting.

He and his family have had great support, love and prayers.

Brother Appletree, what you will learn about PB eventually is that I speak my mind and call things as I see them. Just ask Bob, Gailon and others. Yes, I did jump in and defend you and then I turned around and did my level best to help you understand why you met with some of the reaction that you did.

Our biggest problem here, IMO, is that sometimes we are so darn contentious with each other, like rivals, when we need to be seeing each other as members of the same family, all a part of the Body of Christ. And we all assume the other will think the worst. Unfortunately, we often do.

Some might have accused you of trying to get sympathy for Danny if you had started a thread. Most would not have done so, IMO. I am really happy that you at least made the announcement that you did when you did so that we could join our prayers together with the many others petitioning our Lord in his behalf.

If you will bring, in a non-abrasive manner, information and answers that support your positions, I can promise you that I, and many others, will carefully weigh what you bring and decide if it has merit. Many here are reasonable and intelligent follks but don't respond well to whining or the guns blazing approach.

--------------------
Got Peace?

+Quote Post
appletree
post Sep 19 2007, 09:36 PM
Post #105

Advanced Member

QUOTE(PeacefulBe @ Sep 19 2007, 10:24 PM) *
Brother Appletree, what you will learn about PB eventually is that I speak my mind and call things as I see them. Just ask Bob, Gailon and others. Yes, I did jump in and defend you and then I turned around and did my level best to help you understand why you met with some of the reaction that you did.

Our biggest problem here, IMO, is that sometimes we are so darn contentious with each other, like rivals, when we need to be seeing each other as members of the same family, all a part of the Body of Christ. And we all assume the other will think the worst. Unfortunately, we often do.

Some might have accused you of trying to get sympathy for Danny if you had started a thread. Most would not have done so, IMO. I am really happy that you at least made the announcement that you did when you did so that we could join our prayers together with the many others petitioning our Lord in his behalf.

If you will bring, in a non-abrasive manner, information and answers that support your positions, I can promise you that I, and many others, will carefully weigh what you bring and decide if it has merit. Many here are reasonable and intelligent follks but don't respond well to whining or the guns blazing approach.

That's good since I neither, Whine nor "blaze" my guns. Since I came here I have given information but, only information that I know to be a fact. Whether any here accept that information or not, is up to them. Whether they accept that I am in a position to know certain things first hand, is, again, up to them. I believe many of my posts have shown that I have valid information at times, when no one else had it. Again, believe it or not, that is up to each individual. I will just keep doing what I'm doing. That will be sharing information at such times that it needs to be shared, and counteracting certain gossip or lies with factual information. Does it do any good? Who knows. Most here have already made up their minds. But, there are always lurkers who might want to know some actual facts.

+Quote Post

30 Pages V  « < 5 6 7 8 9 > » 
Reply to this topicStart new topic
1 User(s) are reading this topic (1 Guests and 0 Anonymous Users)
0 Members:

Lo-Fi Version Time is now: 23rd March 2008 - 01:47 PM
Design by: Download IPB Skins & eBusiness
BlackSDA has no official affiliation or endorsement from the Seventh-day Adventist church