Archive of http://www.blacksda.com/forums/index.php?showtopic=15240&st=405 preserved for the defense in 3ABN and Danny Shelton v. Joy and Pickle.
Links altered to maintain their integrity and aid in navigation, but content otherwise unchanged.
Saved at 02:48:28 PM on March 23, 2008.
IPB

Welcome Guest ( Log In | Register )

30 Pages V  « < 26 27 28 29 30 >  
Reply to this topicStart new topic
> Jim Gilley Takes Over As President
Pickle
post Dec 20 2007, 09:47 PM
Post #406

1,000 + posts
Group Icon

Group: Members
Member No.: 1,960

QUOTE(Richard Sherwin @ Dec 20 2007, 07:49 PM) *
Is there anything to prevent a non-profit's directors from dissolving the corporation and liquefying the assets for themselves? I mean how does a non-profit go out of business? I'm not suggesting this is going to happen, just curious.

I've heard different things, but I've read somewhere that there is a provision regarding dissolution in the corporation documents. Maybe the4 tax case mentions that.
Go to the top of the page

+Quote Post
boondoc
post Dec 20 2007, 10:07 PM
Post #407

Welcome Newbie

Member No.: 4,547

QUOTE(Richard Sherwin @ Dec 20 2007, 07:49 PM) *
Is there anything to prevent a non-profit's directors from dissolving the corporation and liquefying the assets for themselves? I mean how does a non-profit go out of business? I'm not suggesting this is going to happen, just curious.

I think a 5013c (non-profit) upon dissolution must donate all assets to another non-profit. I guess there is the possibility of creating a new non-profit entity and simply donating everything to that. But the judge in the Illinois property tax decision talked about another possibility - spinning off things from the non-profit to the profit side. She stated it thusly:

Applicant’s activities have brought it to a position where it can consider the spin-off of
for-profit corporations dedicated to activities that cannot be done by a not-for-profit entity. (Tr.
pp. 376-385). Additionally, accumulated capital equipment and resources obtained and
maintained by applicant (for example, the 800 toll free telephone number) are used in
conjunction with ordering applicant’s equipment and products. Applicant has accumulated
sufficient wealth that it is currently in the process of setting up its own music label and has
purchased additional properties for various uses not contemplated under the not-for-profit
statutes. (Tr. pp. 371-372, 376-385).

Boondoc

+Quote Post
Pickle
post Dec 20 2007, 10:53 PM
Post #408

1,000 + posts
Group Icon

Interesting quote. I wonder if she was talking about CrossBridge Music, which was a for-profit incorporated in TN somewhere around that time.

+Quote Post
Panama_Pete
post Dec 21 2007, 03:02 AM
Post #409

500 + posts
Group Icon

Member No.: 522

QUOTE(Pickle @ Dec 20 2007, 10:53 PM) *
Interesting quote. I wonder if she was talking about CrossBridge Music, which was a for-profit incorporated in TN somewhere around that time.

I remember that Crossbridge announcment of January 21, 2003. How many of these artists are Adventists? [Emphasis is mine]

http://sgblognews.sogospelnews.com/index/f.../comments/1076/

"Nashville, TN - Three Angels Broadcasting Network, an Illinois-based Christian television and radio satellite network, continues to assist Southern Gospel artists in their ministries by forming of CrossBridge Music. In the past year, 3ABN has used their state of the art recording facility to benefit artists such as Mark Trammell, Mike Allen, Allison Durham Speer, Kristin Wilkenson, Larry Paxton, Jake Hess and others with new projects.

E. T. Everett, 3ABN Sound Center Manager/Producer comments, "Three Angels' vision is to broadcast the gospel around the world and have recently seen that vision fulfilled. In doing that, we have been blessed with incredible facilities here for video and audio recordings. Our president and founder, Danny Shelton, has a love for pure, traditional gospel music and wants to be a channel of blessing to several artists that we have come in contact with. We have not only wanted to bless these artists with a new project, but with an avenue to see that project bring as much return to them as possible. That's what we want CrossBridge to be for these artists ."

Brian Speer and John Mathis of The Avid Group, along with Mark Trammell of the Mark Trammell Trio, will act in advisory roles for 3ABN in regard to CrossBridge Music. For more information regarding Three Angels Broadcasting, visit their website at http://www.3abn.org For information regarding The Avid Group or The Mark Trammell Trio, visit their respective websites at http://www.theavidgrouponline.com or http://www.marktrammellministries.com

+Quote Post
lurker
post Dec 21 2007, 07:53 AM
Post #410

Advanced Member

Member No.: 676

There was Crossbridge Music and also 3ABN Music. In fact there were a lot of spin-offs and other names. Some of these are no longer in business:
CrossBridge music TN
Moiptv (IPTV) under Neulion.
http://www.tmcnet.com/viewette.aspx?u=http...8%2f2531311.htm
BROADCAST COMMUNICATIONS SERVICE, INC. was an old name
Broadcasting Network, Inc
THREE ANGLES BROADCASTING, INC. nfp
THREE ANGELS BROADCASTING, INC. nfp
THREE ANGELS BROADCASTING NETWORK, INC. nfp.
D&L Publishing for profit
DLS PUBLISHING, INC.
THREE ANGELS ENTERPRISES, L.L.C.
THREE ANGEL'S BROADCASTING SCHOOL, INC. nfp Kenneth J Shelton (must have the apostrophe in the name)
WEST FRANKFORT CHRISTIAN RADIO INC.nfp Delores Hilderbrand
3ABN Books Pacific Press partnership
3ABN Music Pacific Press partnership
Three Angels Christian Communications (Canada) listed on the Illinois Attorney General’s report
Three Angels T.V. and Radio Broadcast Network (Russia) listed on the Illinois Attorney General’s report
Tres Anjos Broadcasting Network LTDA (Brazil) listed on the Illinois Attorney General’s report
3ABN Phillipines, INC. (Phillipines) listed on the Illinois Attorney General’s report
3ABN-L (latino)
Three Angels Broadcasting Radio Association
Three Angels Broadcasting (Peru)

Perhaps there are more?

This post has been edited by lurker: Dec 21 2007, 07:57 AM

+Quote Post
Pickle
post Dec 21 2007, 08:00 AM
Post #411

1,000 + posts
Group Icon

You listed Moiptv. How new is that one?

+Quote Post
lurker
post Dec 21 2007, 09:09 AM
Post #412

Advanced Member

Member No.: 676

Very new http://www.moiptv.net/

Phone Number Search Fun Fact:
Reverse phone lookups are also known as "criss-cross directories" or "blackpages".

1 Result matching "(618) 627-2300"
Media Opportunitieswork
20241 Stevens Branch Rd
West Frankfort, IL 62896
(618) 627-2300

Media Opportunities and Media Opportunities TV is an Illinois Corporation with an agent (Illinois Corporation Service C) at a Springifield Illinois address. This address has many different businesses listed and it looks to me like they are agents for businesses that want an Illinois agent to represent them.

The following lists Moses Primo as CEO. It is on page 6 of a 56 page pdf. https://www.securelytransact.com/~columbia/...8e49e771585a6c8

On the MOIPTV site I see one of 3ABN's phone numbers and the Stevens Branch Road address etc. I wonder about the financing for MOIPTV and who the owners/members/partners are. Since MOIPTV is a for profit company, here is another inurement issue.

This post has been edited by lurker: Dec 21 2007, 10:15 AM

+Quote Post
Pickle
post Dec 21 2007, 11:31 AM
Post #413

1,000 + posts
Group Icon

Is it typical for corporations to file their annual reports so erratically? Like sometimes almost a year late? Just wondering.

+Quote Post
princessdi
post Dec 21 2007, 12:44 PM
Post #414

5,000 + posts
Group Icon

Group: Administrator
Member No.: 47

This is just a suggestion........

How about we ALL, starting today take a Sabbath/Holiday break from these threads? While they are true(from each one's perspective) they are not lovely, they do not bring one's mind closer to God and the Gift of His Son, Jesus Christ. Let's just take a few days to do exactly that. Go to church, or don't, but use the Sabbath hours for Praise & Worship to God, Then share and celebrate with others by having a bring-your-own favorite party snack holiday gathering at your home or church social. Gather with friends and family and think about the goodness of God. Put on your favorite seasonal cds and moives. Come into LC, and see who is there, start a conversation about how thankful we are for God's Gift to the World. What do you all think?

--------------------
TTFN
Di

And we know that all things work together for good to them that love God, to them who are the called according to his purpose---Romans 8:28

A great many people believe they are thinking when they are merely rearranging their prejudices.-- William James

It is better to be silent and be thought a fool, than to speak and remove all doubt.- Mark Twain

+Quote Post
Z00
post Dec 29 2007, 12:54 PM
Post #415

Member No.: 4,571

His immediate marching orders are very simple. Restore the previous
supporters confidence in 3abn that has been lost..... and do the right
thing. It is that simple. If he fails to do this or realize what needs
to be done, he will be doomed to failure.
Supporter confidence will never be restored as long as Danny is treated like he is God on 3abn. NO human should be lifted up like Danny has been at 3abn. This is why unfortunately 3 abn has turned into the beg for money channel. As long as 3abn refuses to face some hard truths and take appropriate action They are going to have financial troubles. Instead of turning to God who supported 3abn for years, they have begun trusting in the arm of flesh. Personally it is repulsive to see the lengths gone to to beg for money. I can't go off of what someone says who is supposedly close to Pastor Gilley. I have to go by what I witness being done at 3abn to decide if he is on truths side or is a patsy. So far I have seen nothing but Danny Shelton worship. It is honestly rather discouraging. Christ never hesitated to rebuke leaders for a life of sin, neither did John the Baptist, Peter or Stephen.
1Co 5:11 But now I have written unto you not to keep company, if any man that is called a brother be a fornicator, or covetous, or an idolater, or a railer, or a drunkard, or an extortioner; with such an one no not to eat.
As long as 3abn continues to paste a smile on and refuses to acknowledge wrongdoings their trouble will continue.
Pro 28:13 He that covereth his sins shall not prosper: but whoso confesseth and forsaketh them shall have mercy
Please don't think I am just 3abn, Jim Gilley or Danny Shelton bashing. Believe me I am more vile a sinner than most probably. I love 3abn. This is the first post I have made on any forum since this fiasco started. I carefully listened to both sides of the issue and disliked the "rumors" I think it is safe to assert that there are some serious allegations that have enough evidence not to be rumors. The first thing that disturbed me was the gag order put on Linda. That was so far removed from a Christlike spirit it isn't funny. I hesitate to post this article because I firmly believe 3abn is an institution of God. To speak against and institution of God is to fight on the adversaries side. I still firmly believe in the inspiration of 3abn. I hope that the board is humble enough to follow God's direction in scripture. God bless all. And pray for the leaders at 3abn.

+Quote Post
Johann
post Dec 29 2007, 02:12 PM
Post #416

1,000 + posts
Group Icon

From: Iceland, formerly Denmark, Norway, USA, Sierra Leone, Nigeria, Faeroe Islands. Bound for Heaven.
Member No.: 686

QUOTE(Z00 @ Dec 29 2007, 06:54 PM) *
Supporter confidence will never be restored as long as Danny is treated like he is God on 3abn.

Agree with you, ZOO. Welcome to BSDA! Hope we hear some more from you.

--------------------
"Any fact that needs to be disclosed should be put out now or as quickly as possible, because otherwise the bleeding will not end." (Attributed to Henry Kissinger)

"He who passively accepts evil is as much involved in it as he who helps to perpetrate it" (Martin Luther King)

"The truth can lose nothing by close investigation". (1888 Materials 38)

+Quote Post
appletree
post Dec 30 2007, 03:52 AM
Post #417

Advanced Member

Member No.: 4,244

QUOTE(Z00 @ Dec 29 2007, 12:54 PM) *
Supporter confidence will never be restored as long as Danny is treated like he is God on 3abn. NO human should be lifted up like Danny has been at 3abn. This is why unfortunately 3 abn has turned into the beg for money channel. As long as 3abn refuses to face some hard truths and take appropriate action They are going to have financial troubles. Instead of turning to God who supported 3abn for years, they have begun trusting in the arm of flesh. Personally it is repulsive to see the lengths gone to to beg for money. I can't go off of what someone says who is supposedly close to Pastor Gilley. I have to go by what I witness being done at 3abn to decide if he is on truths side or is a patsy. So far I have seen nothing but Danny Shelton worship. It is honestly rather discouraging. Christ never hesitated to rebuke leaders for a life of sin, neither did John the Baptist, Peter or Stephen.As long as 3abn continues to paste a smile on and refuses to acknowledge wrongdoings their trouble will continue.Please don't think I am just 3abn, Jim Gilley or Danny Shelton bashing. Believe me I am more vile a sinner than most probably. I love 3abn. This is the first post I have made on any forum since this fiasco started. I carefully listened to both sides of the issue and disliked the "rumors" I think it is safe to assert that there are some serious allegations that have enough evidence not to be rumors. The first thing that disturbed me was the gag order put on Linda. That was so far removed from a Christlike spirit it isn't funny. I hesitate to post this article because I firmly believe 3abn is an institution of God. To speak against and institution of God is to fight on the adversaries side. I still firmly believe in the inspiration of 3abn. I hope that the board is humble enough to follow God's direction in scripture. God bless all. And pray for the leaders at 3abn.

And where did you get the idea that Danny is treated like God at 3abn? From what you have read on the internet? Not a good source believe me. I have personal experience day to day with 3abn, Danny, Jim G. and the board. No one has treated Danny as God. He has had respect for what he, with God's help and blessing has raised up, but beyond that, there has been no God syndrome. Also those here keep saying he thinks he is a prophet when in reality Danny shelton has never said or even hinted those words. Maybe other's have in reference to him, but that isn't his fault. You can't be blamed for what others say about you. There are plenty of times that the board has vetoed an idea or suggestion that he has made. His friends and family have never followed blindly if they thought something wasn't a good decision. If Jim doesn't agree with something he doesn't hesitate to say so.
Maybe you feel Jim has went overboard in his public support of Danny? He has to since the PickleJoy team and their followers have done everything in their power to try and make him this horrible villian. When you have extremes on one side sometimes you over compensate on the other to try and counteract the lies. Same with money. For years 3abn never hardly mentioned donations until others tried to destroy the ministry. 3abn was wounded. That had to be brought to the forefront and people made aware that damage had been done and that damage needed repaired if the work is going to continue. You say you feel 3abn is God's ministry...then surely you realize God expects those who believe in the work to give of their means to keep it going. How will people know the needs if they are not made public?

As far as Linda and the gag order that is standard policy in an organization where one of the VIP's has to be let go. Again, the board had reason to believe Linda wasn't telling the truth about her situation. Compounded with that was her statements to certain people that she would write a "tell all" book. Trouble is, the "tell all" was going to be lies, not truth. So, not only is a gag order standard practice but along with the information they were receiving about her threats, they would have been idiots not to have her sign a gag order. This was advice the attorney's gave to the board.

The truth is, I can't see what the big deal is anyway since she never stuck to it and still got her settlement. That wasn't the agreement. 3abn is the one that got the raw end of the stick. She signed an agreement that she would not go away and try and destroy the ministry and in return she was to get a large settlement package over a 2 or 3 year spread. She took the money every month while breaking the agreement, it seems to me, by feeding faulty information to others to print. If I had anything to say about it, I would have cut her off and took her to court so fast it would have made her head spin. But, the board was much kinder and more tolerant of her than I would have been.

Those busy doing the accusing have never even been to 3abn or met the people involved. They have no idea of the strict scrutiny and accountability that 3abn functions under every single day. I do. I experience it. I also experience the sacrifice involved from the workers and the administration to keep this huge world wide ministry functioning at it's best. I have seen the seriousness and prayer that accompany's every request, idea, decision or problem that goes before the board. I have witnessed Jim and Danny and others on their knees with joined hands appealing to God for his blessings and protection on this ministry. I have also seen and experienced what lies, gossip and speculation can do to a wonderful organization and the people responsible for it. I have seen everyone brought to their knees in sorrow but, then, rise up again with renewed hope and faith for what God is doing and will continue to do. I have seen examples of great faith and miracles because of that faith. The 3abn ministry is annointed and my prayer is that they will be left alone to continue the work that our Father has commissioned them to do.

+Quote Post
Observer
post Dec 30 2007, 06:08 AM
Post #418

500 + posts
Group Icon

Member No.: 1,664

QUOTE(appletree @ Dec 30 2007, 02:52 AM) *
Compounded with that was her statements to certain people that she would write a "tell all" book. Trouble is, the "tell all" was going to be lies, not truth.

The above is false.

Linda loves the organization that she co-founded--3-ABN.

She has strongly resisted doing anything that would hurt it.

Yes, it came to the place where she realized that she msut defend her reputation, and ministry, against false charges. But, she has attempted to keep that as low key as possible.

Yes, she has discussed with others the possibility of writing a book. But, the intent has not be write a "tell-all" book. The thinking has been to write a devotional book as to how God has led her through the morass of false charges to a closer relationship with our Lord and Saviour.

Whether or not she will complete this and whether it will be published, I do not know.

This post has been edited by Observer: Dec 30 2007, 06:09 AM

--------------------
Gregory Matthews posts here under the name "Observer."

+Quote Post
LaurenceD
post Dec 30 2007, 08:31 AM
Post #419

500 + posts
Group Icon

Member No.: 3,035

For years 3abn never hardly mentioned donations until others tried to destroy the ministry. 3abn was wounded. That had to be brought to the forefront and people made aware that damage had been done and that damage needed repaired if the work is going to continue.

That may be appletree's hopeful opinion, but scores of witnesses around the world will account for the fact that they stopped donating because of the another reason...one which appletree can't accept. I know. Think about it appletree, would you continue donating to a TV ministry if your favorite TV minister didn't appear to understand how to walk the walk? I'm talking about a leader who apparently doesn't know how to carefully shape a family and keep a marriage together with the everlasting principles he airs.

That's why, IMO, your idea of action/damages is an illusion. You're chasing your own shadow here....and running away from it.

--------------------
Disclaimer Notice: You are hereby cautioned that the information contained within these posts are for the sole purpose of provoking thought, adding fair comment on matters of public interest, and not providing factual information. These posts do not reflect the actual thoughts or intentions of the person writing under this username since said person is not in any position to know. No effort has been made to ensure the accuracy of any personal view, opinion, or hyperbole presented. Therefore, by disclosing, copying, or distributing these posts to others, such information must subsequently be confirmed in writing, signed and dated, by the actual person, or persons, posting behind username LaurenceD.

+Quote Post
Richard Sherwin
post Dec 30 2007, 08:33 AM
Post #420

1,000 + posts
Group Icon

Member No.: 2,231

So since something is standard practice or on the advice from attorneys then this makes it right? notworking.gif

QUOTE(appletree @ Dec 30 2007, 04:52 AM) *
And where did you get the idea that Danny is treated like God at 3abn? From what you have read on the internet? Not a good source believe me. I have personal experience day to day with 3abn, Danny, Jim G. and the board. No one has treated Danny as God. He has had respect for what he, with God's help and blessing has raised up, but beyond that, there has been no God syndrome. Also those here keep saying he thinks he is a prophet when in reality Danny shelton has never said or even hinted those words. Maybe other's have in reference to him, but that isn't his fault. You can't be blamed for what others say about you. There are plenty of times that the board has vetoed an idea or suggestion that he has made. His friends and family have never followed blindly if they thought something wasn't a good decision. If Jim doesn't agree with something he doesn't hesitate to say so.
Maybe you feel Jim has went overboard in his public support of Danny? He has to since the PickleJoy team and their followers have done everything in their power to try and make him this horrible villian. When you have extremes on one side sometimes you over compensate on the other to try and counteract the lies. Same with money. For years 3abn never hardly mentioned donations until others tried to destroy the ministry. 3abn was wounded. That had to be brought to the forefront and people made aware that damage had been done and that damage needed repaired if the work is going to continue. You say you feel 3abn is God's ministry...then surely you realize God expects those who believe in the work to give of their means to keep it going. How will people know the needs if they are not made public?

As far as Linda and the gag order that is standard policy in an organization where one of the VIP's has to be let go. Again, the board had reason to believe Linda wasn't telling the truth about her situation. Compounded with that was her statements to certain people that she would write a "tell all" book. Trouble is, the "tell all" was going to be lies, not truth. So, not only is a gag order standard practice but along with the information they were receiving about her threats, they would have been idiots not to have her sign a gag order. This was advice the attorney's gave to the board.

The truth is, I can't see what the big deal is anyway since she never stuck to it and still got her settlement. That wasn't the agreement. 3abn is the one that got the raw end of the stick. She signed an agreement that she would not go away and try and destroy the ministry and in return she was to get a large settlement package over a 2 or 3 year spread. She took the money every month while breaking the agreement, it seems to me, by feeding faulty information to others to print. If I had anything to say about it, I would have cut her off and took her to court so fast it would have made her head spin. But, the board was much kinder and more tolerant of her than I would have been.

Those busy doing the accusing have never even been to 3abn or met the people involved. They have no idea of the strict scrutiny and accountability that 3abn functions under every single day. I do. I experience it. I also experience the sacrifice involved from the workers and the administration to keep this huge world wide ministry functioning at it's best. I have seen the seriousness and prayer that accompany's every request, idea, decision or problem that goes before the board. I have witnessed Jim and Danny and others on their knees with joined hands appealing to God for his blessings and protection on this ministry. I have also seen and experienced what lies, gossip and speculation can do to a wonderful organization and the people responsible for it. I have seen everyone brought to their knees in sorrow but, then, rise up again with renewed hope and faith for what God is doing and will continue to do. I have seen examples of great faith and miracles because of that faith. The 3abn ministry is annointed and my prayer is that they will be left alone to continue the work that our Father has commissioned them to do.

+Quote Post

30 Pages V  « < 26 27 28 29 30 >
Reply to this topicStart new topic
1 User(s) are reading this topic (1 Guests and 0 Anonymous Users)
0 Members:

Lo-Fi Version Time is now: 23rd March 2008 - 01:48 PM
Design by: Download IPB Skins & eBusiness
BlackSDA has no official affiliation or endorsement from the Seventh-day Adventist church