Archive of http://www.blacksda.com/forums/index.php?showtopic=15240&st=375 preserved for the defense in 3ABN and Danny Shelton v. Joy and Pickle.
Links altered to maintain their integrity and aid in navigation, but content otherwise unchanged.
Saved at 02:48:24 PM on March 23, 2008.
IPB

Welcome Guest ( Log In | Register )

30 Pages V  « < 24 25 26 27 28 > »   
Reply to this topicStart new topic
> Jim Gilley Takes Over As President
SoulEspresso
post Oct 19 2007, 05:10 PM
Post #376

500 + posts
Group Icon

Group: Members
Member No.: 2,262

QUOTE(LaurenceD @ Oct 18 2007, 01:43 PM) *
That's just eerie, Ian. Gotta find something a little further removed from reality for it to be funny.

These guys just aren't very good at irony, God bless 'em ...

--------------------
"The entire world is falling apart because no one will admit they are wrong."
--
Don Miller, Blue Like Jazz.
Go to the top of the page

+Quote Post
Richard Sherwin
post Oct 19 2007, 06:26 PM
Post #377

1,000 + posts
Group Icon

Member No.: 2,231

Me neither, it's especially hard around the buttons and collars of shirts biggrin.gif

QUOTE(SoulEspresso @ Oct 19 2007, 07:10 PM) *

+Quote Post
Richard Sherwin
post Oct 19 2007, 06:31 PM
Post #378

1,000 + posts
Group Icon

Member No.: 2,231

In defense of Danny and the reporting of Appletree (I can't believe I'm doing this), my brother and father both had blockages that were very bad, both had minor heart attacks because of them. Within a month of getting stents they were back to splitting wood, gardening, bee keeping, bicycling etc, in other words normal life, at least for a time.

QUOTE(sister @ Oct 19 2007, 01:00 PM) *
Appletree, first you are telling us how grave Danny's heart problem is and now you are telling us that he will be working construction on his own new house? Interesting...

+Quote Post
Pickle
post Oct 19 2007, 07:18 PM
Post #379

1,000 + posts
Group Icon

Member No.: 1,960

QUOTE(appletree @ Oct 15 2007, 07:09 PM) *
I beg to differ. Read your history as you all like to say here. I believe it was on the ASI threads that Pickle and Joy stated they were Linda's representatives. Sugar coated and change the wording all you want, but it's there in black and white.

I specifically told Harold Lance in writing during our discussions that I was not part of "Linda's team."

+Quote Post
beartrap
post Oct 19 2007, 09:40 PM
Post #380

500 + posts
Group Icon

Member No.: 1,659

QUOTE(SoulEspresso @ Oct 19 2007, 04:10 PM) *

Well at least Ian tried and I found some of it very amusing. Loved the word picture of Ellen White running around carrying a 50 pound Bible over her head everywhere she went, and the thought of Shellie dressed in an EGW costume with one very well muscled arm was too good. A funny caricature.

Couldn't help but bring up the enema thing. There was a joke amongst the 3ABN employees about one of the doctors who appeared regularly on 3ABN. "Don't bend over around this doc. There is a bag full of enemas for everything: dishwater enemas, charcoal emenas, oatmeal enemas... LOL! You will end up with something scary being put where the sun don't shine." If you have watched "The Road to Wellville" it gets better.

+Quote Post
beartrap
post Oct 19 2007, 09:49 PM
Post #381

500 + posts
Group Icon

QUOTE(SoulEspresso @ Oct 19 2007, 04:10 PM) *

BTW, you came real close, but the rule, according to a Christian comedian, is that you can say anything about anyone as long as you include "bless their heart."

"He is such a dagnabit skunk, someone orta jist beat the tar outa him and throw 'im in a ditch... bless his heart."

"Well she aint nuthin but a two-timin' snake with a forked tongue... bless her pea-pickin' little heart."

+Quote Post
princessdi
post Oct 19 2007, 09:56 PM
Post #382

5,000 + posts
Group Icon

Group: Administrator
Member No.: 47

Behave Bear! LOL!!! rofl1.gif roflmao.gif
QUOTE(beartrap @ Oct 19 2007, 08:49 PM) *
BTW, you came real close, but the rule, according to a Christian comedian, is that you can say anything about anyone as long as you include "bless their heart."

"He is such a dagnabit skunk, someone orta jist beat the tar outa him and throw 'im in a ditch... bless his heart."

"Well she aint nuthin but a two-timin' snake with a forked tongue... bless her pea-pickin' little heart."

--------------------
TTFN
Di

And we know that all things work together for good to them that love God, to them who are the called according to his purpose---Romans 8:28

A great many people believe they are thinking when they are merely rearranging their prejudices.-- William James

It is better to be silent and be thought a fool, than to speak and remove all doubt.- Mark Twain

+Quote Post
SoulEspresso
post Oct 19 2007, 10:19 PM
Post #383

500 + posts
Group Icon

I guess you're right about the EGW costume. I knew a guy (yeah!) that planned to go as her for Halloween a few years back. But he was way more heathen than anyone on these boards.

You're right about the blessing, tho.

Road to Wellville's in our Netflix queue, btw.

--------------------
--

+Quote Post
Snoopy
post Oct 19 2007, 11:50 PM
Post #384

Advanced Member

Member No.: 2,808

QUOTE(SoulEspresso @ Oct 19 2007, 11:19 PM) *
I guess you're right about the EGW costume. I knew a guy (yeah!) that planned to go as her for Halloween a few years back. But he was way more heathen than anyone on these boards.

Maybe that could depend on how you define "heathen".

This post has been edited by Snoopy: Oct 19 2007, 11:55 PM

+Quote Post
Fstpicker
post Oct 20 2007, 05:49 AM
Post #385

Member No.: 1,979

QUOTE(LaurenceD @ Oct 18 2007, 10:52 PM) *
I liked Joel's answer...
"you don't have a 1966 0028C, you have a 1968 0028C. They made it it 1968."

Actually, Joel is incorrect and Danny is correct. According to the serial number, it is a 1966.

Now back to where you were....

Jeff

+Quote Post
SoulEspresso
post Oct 20 2007, 06:57 AM
Post #386

500 + posts
Group Icon

QUOTE(Snoopy @ Oct 19 2007, 11:50 PM) *
Maybe that could depend on how you define "heathen".

You'll just have to trust me on this. There's "heathen" in the BSDA sense, in which people have taken on non-traditional views vs. conservative Adventism, and there's the heathen in the more literal sense of not knowing God. I meant the latter, sorry for the lack of clarity.

--------------------
--

+Quote Post
Panama_Pete
post Oct 20 2007, 06:59 AM
Post #387

500 + posts
Group Icon

Member No.: 522

QUOTE(Fstpicker @ Oct 20 2007, 06:49 AM) *
Actually, Joel is incorrect and Danny is correct. According to the serial number, it is a 1966.

Now back to where you were....

Jeff

Sherlock Holmes and the Case of the Misstated Martin lol.gif

You may be correct. Perhaps, there are some later 1968 0028C guitars with different serial numbers that Joel was considering. GaryJB at this site says:

I always loved Mandolin Brothers, Mike...Over the years I bought a 1968 Martin 0028C from there, a 1966 D18, a new OM28, and a Collings OM 1.
http://p082.ezboard.com/Went-to-Mandolin-B...picID=112.topic

+Quote Post
LaurenceD
post Oct 20 2007, 07:57 AM
Post #388

500 + posts
Group Icon

Member No.: 3,035

Yeah Panama, Mandolin Bros. is a good place to sell, they're a little over priced for buying IYAM. I've talked to Stan Jay (owner) several times over the years. The guy who really knows his stuff though is George Gruhn in Nashville. Very realistic with his appraisals.

Whether '66 or '68, here's a '67 0028C in execllent condition that actually sold for $2399 at L.A. Guitar Sales. http://www.laguitarsales.com/pages/3230/mfg/11/ Not sure where the 9K is coming from. Sounds a little unrealistic, but not suprised considering the source.

--------------------
Disclaimer Notice: You are hereby cautioned that the information contained within these posts are for the sole purpose of provoking thought, adding fair comment on matters of public interest, and not providing factual information. These posts do not reflect the actual thoughts or intentions of the person writing under this username since said person is not in any position to know. No effort has been made to ensure the accuracy of any personal view, opinion, or hyperbole presented. Therefore, by disclosing, copying, or distributing these posts to others, such information must subsequently be confirmed in writing, signed and dated, by the actual person, or persons, posting behind username LaurenceD.

+Quote Post
foofighter
post Oct 20 2007, 11:29 PM
Post #389

Advanced Member

Member No.: 1,898

QUOTE(SoulEspresso @ Oct 19 2007, 10:19 PM) *

We had the Road to Wellville in our Netflix queue a few months ago. Then a couple of months later on the Biography Channel, the program was about John Harvey Kellogg. Very Interesting. The movie is extremely accurate, at least in comparison to the Biography program. I would be interested in your opinion. I just wish you could see the other program as well.

+Quote Post
beartrap
post Oct 21 2007, 12:45 AM
Post #390

500 + posts
Group Icon

An amazing story. As an old Weimartian I had the collection of J.H. Kellog books, and studied them.

+Quote Post

30 Pages V  « < 24 25 26 27 28 > » 
Reply to this topicStart new topic
1 User(s) are reading this topic (1 Guests and 0 Anonymous Users)
0 Members:

Lo-Fi Version Time is now: 23rd March 2008 - 01:48 PM
Design by: Download IPB Skins & eBusiness
BlackSDA has no official affiliation or endorsement from the Seventh-day Adventist church