Archive of http://www.blacksda.com/forums/index.php?showtopic=15240&st=75 preserved for the defense in 3ABN and Danny Shelton v. Joy and Pickle.
Links altered to maintain their integrity and aid in navigation, but content otherwise unchanged.
Saved at 02:47:46 PM on March 23, 2008.
IPB

Welcome Guest ( Log In | Register )

30 Pages V  « < 4 5 6 7 8 > »   
Reply to this topicStart new topic
> Jim Gilley Takes Over As President
Ian
post Sep 19 2007, 09:02 AM
Post #76

Advanced Member

Group: Members
Member No.: 4,103

QUOTE(lowender @ Sep 18 2007, 11:42 PM) *
Appletree... I have yet to see you prove anything yet...

But truthfully, do you think any of us would be on here had Danny not dumped his wife?

Truthfully, would Danny have "dumped his wife", if she hadn't dumped him first?

I read about her purchasing a trailer in carbondale, and Mr Thorvaldson visiting it with her Doctor friend in May of 2004, this was before a divorce petition had even been filed.

Why did she do that?
Go to the top of the page

+Quote Post
princessdi
post Sep 19 2007, 09:05 AM
Post #77

5,000 + posts
Group Icon

Group: Administrator
Member No.: 47

"Separation" almost always come before divorce papers are filed. In the meantime, sombody has to leave the home. Often time it is the man, but we already knowthat Danny was not giving up the house and Linda had to move out. And her froiends can't visit her? Keep reading Ian.........

QUOTE(Ian @ Sep 19 2007, 08:02 AM) *

I read about her purchasing a trailer in carbondale, and Mr Thorvaldson visiting it with her Doctor friend in May of 2004, this was before a divorce petition had even been filed.

Why did she do that?

--------------------
TTFN
Di

And we know that all things work together for good to them that love God, to them who are the called according to his purpose---Romans 8:28

A great many people believe they are thinking when they are merely rearranging their prejudices.-- William James

It is better to be silent and be thought a fool, than to speak and remove all doubt.- Mark Twain

+Quote Post
LaurenceD
post Sep 19 2007, 09:30 AM
Post #78

500 + posts
Group Icon

Member No.: 3,035

QUOTE(justice4jesus @ Sep 18 2007, 11:52 PM) *
Stress DOES worsen such conditions. I'm proof of that.

Good point. So often a person will rest back on their understanding of the major causes of heart disease--heredity, bad diet, no exercise, or stress--but forget there's also a lifestyle one should avoid as one gets older that can trigger a rise in high blood pressure, and an increase in the pulse rate. The cause of Nelson Rockefeller's death (or its equivalent) is well know in the medical community.

--------------------
Disclaimer Notice: You are hereby cautioned that the information contained within these posts are for the sole purpose of provoking thought, adding fair comment on matters of public interest, and not providing factual information. These posts do not reflect the actual thoughts or intentions of the person writing under this username since said person is not in any position to know. No effort has been made to ensure the accuracy of any personal view, opinion, or hyperbole presented. Therefore, by disclosing, copying, or distributing these posts to others, such information must subsequently be confirmed in writing, signed and dated, by the actual person, or persons, posting behind username LaurenceD.

+Quote Post
Ian
post Sep 19 2007, 09:45 AM
Post #79

Advanced Member

QUOTE(princessdi @ Sep 19 2007, 09:05 AM) *
"Separation" almost always come before divorce papers are filed. In the meantime, sombody has to leave the home. Often time it is the man, but we already knowthat Danny was not giving up the house and Linda had to move out. And her froiends can't visit her? Keep reading Ian.........

Yes, separation does come before divorce. You are correct.

But I have questions about this, alot of them. I have been trying to read all that is posted about this. Does this make sense to you?

In the divorce petition, filed June 14, 2004 [ here;http://www.save3abn.com/danny-shelton-demise-of-marriage-guam-divorce.htm] Danny states:
MARRIAGE. The Petitioner and Respondent were married on the 25th day of November, 1984, in West Frankfort, Illinois, and lived together as husband and Wife for approximately 19 years and 5 months. The parties separated on May 8, 2004.

The chairman of the 3abn board had to send a letter to Linda, advising her of her suspension and the board requirements at her her daughter's, as she wasn't at her home or job even before the divorce was filed or her suspension/leave of absense
Date: Tue, 4 May 2004 21:43:07 -0500

Dear Linda,
This is a copy of the letter that has been sent by FEDEX to you. While you may not understand now, someday you will realize that we are truly desirous of returning you to your home and ministry because we care about you....
read all: http://references4links.blogspot.com/2007/...of-absence.html

Mr thorvaldson, says he visited the home she had purchased in May of 2004, during the 3abn campmeeting weekend, he claims he and the Dr came to defend her and prevent her from being fired. The board met on Sunday at the very end of May following that campmeeting.

But Linda, on her website, claims:[http://lindashelton.org/questions.html]

3) I was suspended from my job at 3ABN during the months of April and May.
4) Instructions were given to the 3ABN production department to remove my programming from 3ABN approximately the end of April. They were instructed to complete this process by June 1.
5) During the month of May production of the new "3ABN Today" program began.
6) I was voted out as Vice President, Secretary and as a Board member on May 23, 2004. I was sent a letter notifying me I was fired in June. Additionally, I received papers notifying me of my divorce in June 2004 as well.
7) Dan and I separated on June 1, 2004.
8) The entire saga occurred in about 3 ˝ months.

Why? if as she claims, she was not separated until June 1, 2004, had she already moved out and purchased a new home?

Why if she was suspended on May 4, 2004 does she claim she was suspended in April?

She appears to have a different story then all others including some of her defenders.

I personally find this distressing, and questionable.

What do you personally think about this?

This post has been edited by Ian: Sep 19 2007, 09:51 AM

+Quote Post
Ian
post Sep 19 2007, 09:56 AM
Post #80

Advanced Member

QUOTE(Pickle @ Sep 18 2007, 09:54 PM) *
It didn't make sense for him to have claimed to talk to Kevin Paulson, and then to refuse to explain the discrepancy. So who knows what he would do?

Which hospital is he at? I'd like to let some of his family know who haven't heard anything about it.

Can it be said that Danny does not hate us? If so, why did he take the opportunity to lash out when Elder Gilley was being introduced as president, and tell the whole world that we are enemies of the Gospel?

AppleTree, when Joe Smith got real ugly with Calvin, did he do that out of love or out of hate? Which was it? Does the Gospel lead one to say things like what Joe Smith said?

Mr Pickle, please...

And who in Danny Shelton's family are you personally acquainted with, who you are claiming haven't heard about this, and who you need to inform???

You do appear to have some issues, but where explanations go, I am in agreement with you.

Can you yourself, as you started this, provide us with a quote from Kevin Paulson about this, and a quote saying what you previously claimed he said to you?

I, for one, would find that helpful, as anyone can claim anything about a second party.

Thanks.

This post has been edited by Ian: Sep 19 2007, 10:53 AM

+Quote Post
princessdi
post Sep 19 2007, 10:06 AM
Post #81

5,000 + posts
Group Icon

Group: Administrator
Member No.: 47

Ian, it was amarriage gone bad, a lot of things happened that we, who were not there, will not understand. Not even in hindsight. Things got bad, she left. Sometimes folks leave before a legal separation is filed. Sometimes they go back and reconcile without any legal proceeding sometimes not.

One thing you should not be doing, however, which was done form the very beginning was to tie Linda's "employment" together with her marriage. Now, Danny did exactly that, so things are convoluted and comfused becuase the times lines are meshed with the board's actions regarding 3ABN. Infact, the first problem was that the coard should not have been mkaing desicions about LInda's employment based on her declining marital situation. They only did so because Danny runs them.

QUOTE(Ian @ Sep 19 2007, 08:45 AM) *
Yes, separation does come before divorce. You are correct.

But I have questions about this, alot of them. I have been trying to read all that is posted about this. Does this make sense to you?

In the divorce petition, filed June 14, 2004 [ here;http://www.save3abn.com/danny-shelton-demise-of-marriage-guam-divorce.htm] Danny states:
The chairman of the 3abn board had to send a letter to Linda, advising her of her suspension and the board requirements at her her daughter's, as she wasn't at her home or job even before the divorce was filed or her suspension/leave of absense
Mr thorvaldson, says he visited the home she had purchased in May of 2004, during the 3abn campmeeting weekend, he claims he and the Dr came to defend her and prevent her from being fired. The board met on Sunday at the very end of May following that campmeeting.

But Linda, on her website, claims:[http://lindashelton.org/questions.html]
Why? if as she claims, she was not separated until June 1, 2004, had she already moved out and purchased a new home?

Why if she was suspended on May 4, 2004 does she claim she was suspended in April?

She appears to have a different story then all others including some of her defenders.

I personally find this distressing, and questionable.

What do you personally think about this?

--------------------
TTFN
Di

And we know that all things work together for good to them that love God, to them who are the called according to his purpose---Romans 8:28

A great many people believe they are thinking when they are merely rearranging their prejudices.-- William James

It is better to be silent and be thought a fool, than to speak and remove all doubt.- Mark Twain

+Quote Post
justice4jesus
post Sep 19 2007, 10:18 AM
Post #82

Advanced Member

Member No.: 4,268

QUOTE(Ian @ Sep 19 2007, 10:02 AM) *

Why did she do that?

Ian, you are to be commended for asking questions and seeking appropriate answers. However, and I state this with all due respect, the tone of your response seems to indicate that you have already taken Danny's side even this early into your personal investigation. I would like to do my best to discourage you from taking such a position, for either Danny OR Linda, until you have gathered and assessed the evidence.

I, too, was suspicious of Linda when I first heard of this particular issue, due to the way the story had been originally presented. However, I approached it with an open mind, and the facts presented themselves in the course of the "investigation". Presently, I am convinced that Linda was completely innocent and that she simply did what she had to do for the sake of her sanity and physical well-being. Again, this is MY assessment of the situation. You are strongly encouraged to make your own, based on the evidence.

The evidence in question can be found here and at www.save3abn.com. So, start digging for the answers you need, and feel free to ask for help if something is unclear to you. There is always someone here who is happy to help.

+Quote Post
Ian
post Sep 19 2007, 10:28 AM
Post #83

Advanced Member

QUOTE(justice4jesus @ Sep 18 2007, 10:52 PM) *
I am fully aware of the family history of health problems, and I am very sorry that it continues it's assault on the Sheltons. I truly am, and God knows that, whether anyone else believes it or not. Yes, I do know the Sheltons....and I will release more factual tidbits about my connections to the family as I am ready to do so. Right now, I am not ready, so please do me the favor of not asking.

My implication is not that these health problems are the result of any sin. My implication "is that they are worsened by the stress and spiritual conviction resulting from the cover-up of these sins. Stress WILL do that. I have suffered a heart attack myself, so I'm not in unfamiliar territory here. I do know what I'm talking about. Stress DOES worsen such conditions. I'm proof of that.

I'm not trying to be unsympathetic here, but there are ways that Tommy and Danny can relieve the stress in their lives and therefore take a lot of the strain off their hearts. There is something that they can do....they just won't do it. There will be a price to pay for this in the long run if they don't do what they know they should do, and no one with a heart of their own wants to see this happen to Tommy or Danny.

In short, Appletree, you know what I'm getting at here, and I know that you know. I really shouldn't have even had to explain it.

"My implication is not that these health problems are the result of any sin. My implication is that they are worsened by the stress and spiritual conviction resulting from the cover-up of these sins." nono.gif If you have no proof, don't go there please.

Whether you really know, or don't know the family, I don't know.

I do know for a fact, that others here do. To my way of thinking, being under constant attack and being falsely accused is stressful also. Is that even being considered in all this? If so, I haven't seen it.

Do you all remember this?

Jhn 9:1 And as Jesus passed by, he saw a man which was blind from his birth.2 And his disciples asked him, saying, Master, who did sin, this man, or his parents, that he was born blind?3 Jesus answered, Neither hath this man sinned, nor his parents: but that the works of God should be made manifest in him.

Jhn 9:39 And Jesus said, For judgment I am come into this world, that they which see not might see; and that they which see might be made blind. 40 And [some] of the Pharisees which were with him heard these words, and said unto him, Are we blind also?41 Jesus said unto them, If ye were blind, ye should have no sin: but now ye say, We see; therefore your sin remaineth.

I am troubled by the fact that so many's points of view, and judgments seem to come from only one side, with no benefit of the doubt ever being given.

Could those accused be innocent, or could there be a reasonable explanation, or could their be evidence or facts to exonerate them? It seems, going by posts like the above that this can't even be considered, because posters here believe and act and speak as if guilt has already been proven beyond all reasonable doubt.

The truth is, that it really hasn't been.

So I am worried about those who are so one sided, so willing to believe evil of another and so biased here.

Jam 2:13 For he shall have judgment without mercy, that hath shewed no mercy.

I, and my family are lifting Danny and his entire family up in prayer and ask that the Lord's will be done, and I ask others to do the same in love.

Please lay aside your preconceived notions, and let the glory be God's, and his will be done.

Thanks.

This post has been edited by Ian: Sep 19 2007, 10:36 AM

+Quote Post
LaurenceD
post Sep 19 2007, 10:44 AM
Post #84

500 + posts
Group Icon

Member No.: 3,035

QUOTE(Ian)
I am troubled by the fact that so many's points of view, and judgments seem to come from only one side, with no benefit of the doubt ever being given.

Could those accused be innocent, or could there be a reasonable explanation, or could their be evidence or facts to exonerate them? It seems, going by posts like the above that this can't even be considered, because posters here believe and act and speak as if guilt has already been proven beyond all reasonable doubt.

So I am worried about those who are so one sided, so willing to believe evil of another and so biased here.
Please lay aside your preconceived notions, and let the glory be God's, and his will be done.

I assume you are talking about the likely false accusations re Linda in all of the above, right?

--------------------
Disclaimer Notice: You are hereby cautioned that the information contained within these posts are for the sole purpose of provoking thought, adding fair comment on matters of public interest, and not providing factual information. These posts do not reflect the actual thoughts or intentions of the person writing under this username since said person is not in any position to know. No effort has been made to ensure the accuracy of any personal view, opinion, or hyperbole presented. Therefore, by disclosing, copying, or distributing these posts to others, such information must subsequently be confirmed in writing, signed and dated, by the actual person, or persons, posting behind username LaurenceD.

+Quote Post
justice4jesus
post Sep 19 2007, 10:46 AM
Post #85

Advanced Member

Member No.: 4,268

QUOTE(Ian @ Sep 19 2007, 11:28 AM) *
My implication is not that these health problems are the result of any sin. My implication is that they are worsened by the stress and spiritual conviction resulting from the cover-up of these sins." nono.gif

Whether you really know, or don't know the family, I don't know.

I do know for a fact, others here do. To my way of thinking, being under constant attack and being falsely accused is stressful also. is that even being considered in all this?

Do you all remember this?

Jhn 9:1 And as Jesus passed by, he saw a man which was blind from his birth.2 And his disciples asked him, saying, Master, who did sin, this man, or his parents, that he was born blind?3 Jesus answered, Neither hath this man sinned, nor his parents: but that the works of God should be made manifest in him.

Jhn 9:39 And Jesus said, For judgment I am come into this world, that they which see not might see; and that they which see might be made blind. 40 And [some] of the Pharisees which were with him heard these words, and said unto him, Are we blind also?41 Jesus said unto them, If ye were blind, ye should have no sin: but now ye say, We see; therefore your sin remaineth.

I, and my family are lifting Danny and his entire family up in prayer and ask that the Lord's will be done, and I ask others to do the same in love.

Thanks.

Prayer is good. That goes without saying. However, you obviously still have not gone back and assessed the evidence. There is indeed evidence to back up at least some of the allegations which have been brought against the Shelton brothers.

You have clearly concluded within your own mind that all of these allegations are false. Your mind is made up, and that is a very premature decision on your part.

I do know the Sheltons. I knew them many, many years before 3ABN was even thought of. However, I do not expect you to just take my word for it. I don't have to expect that. The truth of this statement will become evident as I reveal more about who I am and how I know the family. That will come in due time. If you choose to believe me, that's fine, and if you don't, that's fine as well. I don't have to worry about that, because I am on the side of truth. I pray that you are as well.

My advice....continue to pray, for the Sheltons AND for yourself, that the Lord will open your eyes to what you need to see and to know. In fact, let us ALL pray for this.

+Quote Post
Ian
post Sep 19 2007, 11:14 AM
Post #86

Advanced Member

QUOTE(justice4jesus @ Sep 19 2007, 10:46 AM) *
Prayer is good. That goes without saying. However, you obviously still have not gone back and assessed the evidence. There is indeed evidence to back up at least some of the allegations which have been brought against the Shelton brothers.

You have clearly concluded within your own mind that all of these allegations are false. Your mind is made up, and that is a very premature decision on your part.

I do know the Sheltons. I knew them many, many years before 3ABN was even thought of. However, I do not expect you to just take my word for it. I don't have to expect that. The truth of this statement will become evident as I reveal more about who I am and how I know the family. That will come in due time. If you choose to believe me, that's fine, and if you don't, that's fine as well. I don't have to worry about that, because I am on the side of truth. I pray that you are as well.

My advice....continue to pray, for the Sheltons AND for yourself, that the Lord will open your eyes to what you need to see and to know. In fact, let us ALL pray for this.

Thank you, I pray for this myself, and so welcome all prayers on my behalf. Knowing prayers can never hurt. " I don't want to be blind, in error or deceived, but MAYBE....

Your prayers should include yourself also, and others besides myself?

Just an idea, and (or) suggestion...

1 Thess 5
"... we exhort you, brethren, warn them that are unruly, comfort the
feebleminded, support the weak, be patient toward all men. See that none
render evil for evil unto any man; but ever follow that which is good, both
among yourselves, and to all men.

Rejoice evermore. Pray without ceasing. In every thing give thanks: for this
is the will of God in Christ Jesus concerning you. Quench not the Spirit.
Despise not prophesyings. Prove all things; hold fast that which is good.
Abstain from all appearance of evil.

And the very God of peace sanctify you wholly; and I pray God your whole
spirit and soul and body be preserved blameless unto the coming of our Lord
Jesus Christ.

Faithful is he that calleth you, who also will do it.

Brethren, pray for us..."

Jam 5:16 Confess your faults one to another, and pray one for another, that
ye may be healed. The effectual fervent prayer of a righteous man availeth
much.

1Pe 3:12 For the eyes of the Lord are over the righteous, and his ears are
open unto their prayers: but the face of the Lord is against them that do
evil.

+Quote Post
Pickle
post Sep 19 2007, 11:28 AM
Post #87

1,000 + posts
Group Icon

Member No.: 1,960

QUOTE(Ian @ Sep 19 2007, 10:56 AM) *
Can you yourself, as you started this, provide us with a quote from Kevin Paulson about this, and a quote saying what you previously claimed he said to you?

I first put that incident into writing in an email to Hal Steenson on August 9, 2006. I attributed it to Kevin in an email by Sept. 13, 2006.

He told me what I have always said that he said that Danny told him.

+Quote Post
Pickle
post Sep 19 2007, 11:37 AM
Post #88

1,000 + posts
Group Icon

QUOTE(Ian @ Sep 19 2007, 10:45 AM) *

Ian,

Danny wrote an email on Oct. 8, 2006, to Gailon Joy and claimed that Linda was at their house and using the pool after camp meeting, May 2004. That is when Danny claimed to have entered her car without her permission, justifying that by claiming that he had proof that his name was on the title, which it wasn't, and found the watch that the doctor had given her.

Thus, while the divorce papers may say that they were separated on May 8, if there was no legal separation, Linda could very well be using the date that she decided to no longer go to her home and use her pool at 3ABN, since even Danny claims she was still doing that after the late May 2004 camp meeting.

This post has been edited by Pickle: Sep 19 2007, 10:38 PM

+Quote Post
Pickle
post Sep 19 2007, 11:41 AM
Post #89

1,000 + posts
Group Icon

QUOTE(Ian @ Sep 19 2007, 10:02 AM) *

Why did she do that?

On April 27, 2004, Danny started telling others that the marriage was over because the relationship had deteriorated to the point that Linda had hidden his gun, and that she should get on with her life.

Anytime a wife feels it necessary to hide her husband's gun, the relationship has definitely deteriorated.

At any rate, it looks like Linda probably believed Danny and tried to do what he said. Should she be brought up for church discipline or sued because of that?

+Quote Post
awesumtenor
post Sep 19 2007, 11:48 AM
Post #90

5,000 + posts
Group Icon

Group: Charter Member
Member No.: 15

QUOTE(Ian @ Sep 19 2007, 12:28 PM) *

And where were you with this sentiment 3 years ago when DS was accusing his wife of "spiritual adultery" to anyone who would listen with no proof?

You would have significantly more credibility if you insisted that all parties on all sides be treated equally... while DS was destroying his wife's life and ministry, here and in other places, you were *silent*... yet let him start to be measured by the measure he has meted to his wife and all of a sudden it's a cryin' shame?

notworking.gif

DS is in the position he is in because he placed himself there... he came here unsolicited and told lies and then when this forum would not buy said lies, he tried to smear us... we were content to pay him no mind until then... but if you had actually read what was here, you'd have known that...

So your handwringing act... it may play in Peoria... but it's not playing here.

In His service,
Mr. J

--------------------
There is no one more dangerous than one who thinks he knows God with a mind that is ignorant - Dr. Lewis Anthony

You’ve got to be real comfortable in your own skin to survive the animosity your strength evokes in people you'd hope would like you. - Dr. Renita Weems

+Quote Post

30 Pages V  « < 4 5 6 7 8 > » 
Reply to this topicStart new topic
1 User(s) are reading this topic (1 Guests and 0 Anonymous Users)
0 Members:

Lo-Fi Version Time is now: 23rd March 2008 - 01:47 PM
Design by: Download IPB Skins & eBusiness
BlackSDA has no official affiliation or endorsement from the Seventh-day Adventist church