Archive of http://www.blacksda.com/forums/index.php?showtopic=1664&st=345 preserved for the defense in 3ABN and Danny Shelton v. Joy and Pickle.
Links altered to maintain their integrity and aid in navigation, but content otherwise unchanged.
Saved at 04:58:58 PM on March 23, 2008.
IPB

Welcome Guest ( Log In | Register )

30 Pages V  « < 22 23 24 25 26 > »   
Reply to this topicStart new topic
> Latest On 3abn - Round 3, Kay Kuzma Response to L Shelton Story
Daryl Fawcett
post Jul 4 2006, 08:21 AM
Post #346

Advanced Member

Group: Members
Member No.: 1,851

QUOTE(claborn @ Aug 18 2004, 01:23 PM) [snapback]23365[/snapback]

So if is possible to commit spiritual adultery, is it also possible to commit spiritual stealing? Or spiritual coveting? How about spiritual dishonoring your parents?

As you now see, I am also reading this topic, while still reading through the other one, which I am doing as was suggested by copying and pasting the first hand stuff into a text file.

Anyway, Danny isn't the first Seventh-day Adventist to use spiritual adultery as the reason for divorcing somebody. A person who was a Seventh-day Adventist pastor beat him to that by divorcing his wife for the same reason along with the abandonment clause that was added to the Church Manual at the 2000 GC Session in Toronto, Ontario, Canada, which is another whole issue in itself.

This post has been edited by Daryl Fawcett: Jul 4 2006, 08:21 AM

--------------------
In His Love, Mercy, and Grace!

Daryl Fawcett
Administrator
Maritime SDA OnLine
http://www.maritime-sda-online.com
Go to the top of the page

+Quote Post
awesumtenor
post Jul 4 2006, 09:13 AM
Post #347

5,000 + posts
Group Icon

Group: Charter Member
Member No.: 15

QUOTE(Daryl Fawcett @ Jul 4 2006, 09:21 AM) [snapback]137434[/snapback]

As you now see, I am also reading this topic, while still reading through the other one, which I am doing as was suggested by copying and pasting the first hand stuff into a text file.

Anyway, Danny isn't the first Seventh-day Adventist to use spiritual adultery as the reason for divorcing somebody. A person who was a Seventh-day Adventist pastor beat him to that by divorcing his wife for the same reason along with the abandonment clause that was added to the Church Manual at the 2000 GC Session in Toronto, Ontario, Canada, which is another whole issue in itself.

Apples and oranges, bruh; at no time hs it been alleged or even suggested that Linda either abandoned Danny or had any intent to abandon him. Even if someone else used it as a basis to divorce his spouse, all that means is that 2 people used spurious means as an exit strategy to get out of a marriage.

It hardly justifies Danny's action.

I have to echo Darius' question to you... who or what is benefitted by your attempts to discredit what has been posted? What dog do you have in this fight?

In His service,
Mr. J

--------------------
There is no one more dangerous than one who thinks he knows God with a mind that is ignorant - Dr. Lewis Anthony

You’ve got to be real comfortable in your own skin to survive the animosity your strength evokes in people you'd hope would like you. - Dr. Renita Weems

+Quote Post
PrincessDrRe
post Jul 4 2006, 09:18 AM
Post #348

PrincessDrRe
Group Icon

Group: Financial Donor
Member No.: 712

QUOTE(Clay @ Apr 7 2006, 10:26 AM) [snapback]125684[/snapback]

Is that like if you have skeletons in your closet you better teach them how to dance? roflmao.gif

Dance my minions...dance! giggle.gif
QUOTE(Johann @ Jun 11 2006, 05:56 PM) [snapback]134332[/snapback]

How do you justify such a hard verdict?

I have no problem with explaining myself. My quotes will be in red My response will follow in blue.
*She's a crock. = If you are an unethical counselor and you take money from clients you are cheating them. You are also lying to them when they think that they are talking to a confidential counselor and you then "out them" in public. *See Below*
*She's not ethical. = That was proven when she gave out key information from the case on line and in general conversation.
*She's not a credible counselor. = Normally your ethics, are tied in with your credibility. If you are not ethical - chances are your credibility is also shot. BTW: I have read some of her "answers" in the Review. nono.gif My roomie also got one of her books. After my perusal of the chapters I determined that per my teaching she is not credible. She also holds an educational doctorate (PhD) that is not tied to Counseling, Therapy, or even Social Work.
*She makes "good" counselors look bad. = When you break confidence with clients (whether they know it or not) and others determine that you have done so; they then realize that "other counselors" may act the same way. This in turn makes "good" counselors" that would never break confidence look "bad.

Hope this helps all understand my statements in regards to her counseling, ethics, and her credibility.

--------------------
*"Some folks use their ignorance like a umbrella. It covers everything, they perodically take it out from time to time, but it never is too far away from them."*
PrincessDrRe; March, 2007

~"Blood = Meat, Face = Meat, Internal "Organs" = Meat - you can try to make it cuter; but it's still meat...."~
PrincessDrRe; September, 2007

*(NOTE: Any advice given by Re' Silvey, MSW is not to be taken as medical/mental health advice. Although trained to be a counselor, currently employed as a therapist, and currently pursuing her PhD in Counseling Psychology (ABD/I) - she is not your assigned therapist. Please consult a mental health professional of your choice for a face-to-face consultation.)*

+Quote Post
LadyTenor
post Jul 4 2006, 09:28 AM
Post #349

1,000 + posts
Group Icon

Member No.: 51

A person who was a Seventh-day Adventist pastor beat him to that by divorcing his wife for the same reason along with the abandonment clause that was added to the Church Manual at the 2000 GC Session in Toronto, Ontario, Canada, which is another whole issue in itself.

If abandonment was added to the CM in 2000, then why does the church give a hard time to folks like my husband, who divorced his wife after she left him numerous times?? dunno.gif Shoot, it is a good thing that we (my husband and I) follow God and not the church and its contradictions...

--------------------
Visit my blog--"Musings of a Black Scrapbooker"
Talia's MySpace Page

He who has My commandments and keeps them, he it is who loves Me. And he who loves Me shall be loved by My Father, and I will love him and will reveal Myself to him."
--John 14:21

Any comments on blacksda.com made by Talia A. Dickson, J.D. with respect to the law are purely academic in nature and should NOT be construed as legal advice. Mrs. Dickson is not yet authorized to practice law in any jurisdiction. Should you need legal advice for a specific issue, you are encouraged to seek out the advice of an attorney of your own choosing.

+Quote Post
PrincessDrRe
post Jul 4 2006, 09:42 AM
Post #350

PrincessDrRe
Group Icon

QUOTE(LadyTenor @ Jul 4 2006, 11:28 AM) [snapback]137454[/snapback]

If abandonment was added to the CM in 2000, then why does the church give a hard time to folks like my husband, who divorced his wife after she left him numerous times?? dunno.gif Shoot, it is a good thing that we (my husband and I) follow God and not the church and its contradictions...

Satire folks...satire!
Sorry to state this...but the reason is...your husband ain't "special"..... dry.gif

If he was special; then he wouldn't be given any flack. Sorry.

This hurts you more than it hurts me

--------------------
*"Some folks use their ignorance like a umbrella. It covers everything, they perodically take it out from time to time, but it never is too far away from them."*

~"Blood = Meat, Face = Meat, Internal "Organs" = Meat - you can try to make it cuter; but it's still meat...."~

*(NOTE: Any advice given by Re' Silvey, MSW is not to be taken as medical/mental health advice. Although trained to be a counselor, currently employed as a therapist, and currently pursuing her PhD in Counseling Psychology (ABD/I) - she is not your assigned therapist. Please consult a mental health professional of your choice for a face-to-face consultation.)*

+Quote Post
Clay
post Jul 4 2006, 10:49 AM
Post #351

5,000 + posts
Group Icon

Group: Administrator
Member No.: 4

Because someone else did it, does not make it right... that was my contention initially... what was spiritual adultery and how does one even prove that?

--------------------
"you are as sick as your secrets...." -quote from Celebrity Rehab-

+Quote Post
Guest_statrei_*
post Jul 4 2006, 10:59 AM
Post #352

Guests

QUOTE(awesumtenor @ Jul 4 2006, 11:13 AM) [snapback]137449[/snapback]

Apples and oranges, bruh; at no time hs it been alleged or even suggested that Linda either abandoned Danny or had any intent to abandon him. Even if someone else used it as a basis to divorce his spouse, all that means is that 2 people used spurious means as an exit strategy to get out of a marriage.

It hardly justifies Danny's action.

I have to echo Darius' question to you... who or what is benefitted by your attempts to discredit what has been posted? What dog do you have in this fight?

In His service,
Mr. J

I think the following post by Daryl on his forum answers the question. He posted this even while insisting that only fact must be posted. I leave it to you to determine the reason for adding the last sentence.

I received some news by phone from a pastor friend of mine that doesn't look good for Linda Shelton.

This pastor spoke to the Chairman of the 3ABN Board who told him that:

Linda had an opportunity to appear before the 3ABN Board but refused to do so.
Linda was seen in various places with the person in question.
This same person also had an opportunity to appear before the 3ABN Board but refused.
Danny unsuccessfully tried to keep the marriage with Linda intact.
This goes contrary to what is written on Linda's website, therefore, who are we to believe?

I think all we can do is to leave it in the hands of the Lord who knows the truth of the matter and will judge accordingly. Nothing can be hidden from God.

+Quote Post
Clay
post Jul 4 2006, 11:05 AM
Post #353

5,000 + posts
Group Icon

Interesting Darius but as I have said repeatedly, even IF she did everything she has been accused of doing, she should NOT have been treated as she was....

As we have been reading, Mr. Shelton may not be the saint ready for translation either....

--------------------

+Quote Post
PrincessDrRe
post Jul 4 2006, 01:45 PM
Post #354

PrincessDrRe
Group Icon

QUOTE(Clay @ Jul 4 2006, 12:05 PM) [snapback]137473[/snapback]

....As we have been reading, Mr. Shelton may not be the saint ready for translation either....

Far from it.....

My LERD!

--------------------

+Quote Post
awesumtenor
post Jul 4 2006, 01:47 PM
Post #355

5,000 + posts
Group Icon

Member No.: 15

QUOTE(statrei @ Jul 4 2006, 12:59 PM) [snapback]137471[/snapback]

I think the following post by Daryl on his forum answers the question. He posted this even while insisting that only fact must be posted. I leave it to you to determine the reason for adding the last sentence.

I received some news by phone from a pastor friend of mine that doesn't look good for Linda Shelto be n.

This pastor spoke to the Chairman of the 3ABN Board who told him that:

Linda had an opportunity to appear before the 3ABN Board but refused to do so.
Linda was seen in various places with the person in question.
This same person also had an opportunity to appear before the 3ABN Board but refused.
Danny unsuccessfully tried to keep the marriage with Linda intact.
This goes contrary to what is written on Linda's website, therefore, who are we to believe?

I think all we can do is to leave it in the hands of the Lord who knows the truth of the matter and will judge accordingly. Nothing can be hidden from God.

So... Bro. Fawcett comes in here claiming to be an impartial observer wanting to determine the facts... but here we see he has friends who have access to the Chairman of 3ABN's board...and while he insists others only declare what they know first hand and to give verification of sources, he has no difficulty posting something as fact that he got 4th hand. Given all the evidence shows that Walt Thompson is only able to speak when Danny's hand is in his back a la Charlie McCarthy, the ball is now in your court, Bro. Fawcett.

Did you verify all these things independently prior to posting them? What sources did you use? Or is this more of the "Brutus says Caesar was ambitious and Brutus is an honorable man"school of mudslinging... and who is this unnamed 'pastor friend' you got the info from? Name and conference affiliation please...

talk about 'be sure your sin will find you out'... you obviously don't know the unofficial motto of BSDA... "this ain't Sabbath School; we pay attention here"...and trying to make others meet a standard that you have not met is hypocrisy in the extreme...but we'll deal with that in a bit...right now tho, joo got some 'splainin to do, Lucy...

In His service,
Mr. J
Mr. J

--------------------
There is no one more dangerous than one who thinks he knows God with a mind that is ignorant - Dr. Lewis Anthony

You’ve got to be real comfortable in your own skin to survive the animosity your strength evokes in people you'd hope would like you. - Dr. Renita Weems

+Quote Post
LadyTenor
post Jul 4 2006, 02:19 PM
Post #356

1,000 + posts
Group Icon

Member No.: 51

QUOTE(LadyTenor @ Jul 4 2006, 10:28 AM) [snapback]137454[/snapback]

QUOTE(PrincessDrRe @ Jul 4 2006, 10:42 AM) [snapback]137457[/snapback]

Satire folks...satire!
Sorry to state this...but the reason is...your husband ain't "special"..... dry.gif

If he was special; then he wouldn't be given any flack. Sorry.

This hurts you more than it hurts me

Girl I know exactly what you are saying...we all live by a different set of rules than the "powers that be"...the higher ups in the church...they are permitted to embezzle tithe and offering monies...they are permitted to have an extra-marital affair and transfer to another conference without fear of being disfellowshipped...they can find another woman and marry her after divorcing their wife of many years by inventing grounds sanctioned by the church just because they run 3ABN...oops, did I say that out loud? giggle.gif

Carry on....

--------------------
Visit my blog--"Musings of a Black Scrapbooker"
Talia's MySpace Page

He who has My commandments and keeps them, he it is who loves Me. And he who loves Me shall be loved by My Father, and I will love him and will reveal Myself to him."
--John 14:21

Any comments on blacksda.com made by Talia A. Dickson, J.D. with respect to the law are purely academic in nature and should NOT be construed as legal advice. Mrs. Dickson is not yet authorized to practice law in any jurisdiction. Should you need legal advice for a specific issue, you are encouraged to seek out the advice of an attorney of your own choosing.

+Quote Post
PrincessDrRe
post Jul 4 2006, 03:53 PM
Post #357

PrincessDrRe
Group Icon

QUOTE(LadyTenor @ Jul 4 2006, 04:19 PM) [snapback]137508[/snapback]

Girl I know exactly what you are saying...we all live by a different set of rules than the "powers that be"...the higher ups in the church...they are permitted to embezzle tithe and offering monies...they are permitted to have an extra-marital affair and transfer to another conference without fear of being disfellowshipped...they can find another woman and marry her after divorcing their wife of many years by inventing grounds sanctioned by the church just because they run 3ABN...oops, did I say that out loud? giggle.gif

Carry on....

You sho' did say that out loud.... sho' did. Don't make me none.... Why?

Cuz it's truf.....

Yep.

I said it....

Whut?

huh.gif

--------------------

+Quote Post
Hersheys99
post Jul 4 2006, 04:18 PM
Post #358

500 + posts
Group Icon

Member No.: 1,672

Carry on....

roflmao.gif rofl1.gif

You sure enough said it!! But it is so true! Really sad that the SDA Church as a whole is more political than religious in my opinion. Its who ya know!

talk about 'be sure your sin will find you out'... you obviously don't know the unofficial motto of BSDA... "this ain't Sabbath School; we pay attention here"...and trying to make others meet a standard that you have not met is hypocrisy in the extreme...but we'll deal with that in a bit...right now tho, joo got some 'splainin to do, Lucy...

You got that right!

TVsnack.gif

--------------------
My second favorite household chore is ironing. My first one being -- hitting my head on the top bunk bed until I faint.
-Erma Bombeck-

Inside me lives a skinny woman crying to get out. But I can usually shut her up with cookies.
(Unknown)

+Quote Post
Daryl Fawcett
post Jul 4 2006, 05:33 PM
Post #359

Advanced Member

Group: Members
Member No.: 1,851

QUOTE(awesumtenor @ Jul 4 2006, 03:47 PM) [snapback]137500[/snapback]

So... Bro. Fawcett comes in here claiming to be an impartial observer wanting to determine the facts... but here we see he has friends who have access to the Chairman of 3ABN's board...and while he insists others only declare what they know first hand and to give verification of sources, he has no difficulty posting something as fact that he got 4th hand. Given all the evidence shows that Walt Thompson is only able to speak when Danny's hand is in his back a la Charlie McCarthy, the ball is now in your court, Bro. Fawcett.

Did you verify all these things independently prior to posting them? What sources did you use? Or is this more of the "Brutus says Caesar was ambitious and Brutus is an honorable man"school of mudslinging... and who is this unnamed 'pastor friend' you got the info from? Name and conference affiliation please...

In His service,
Mr. J
Mr. J

You made a valid observation, however, I made an exception to that only because I personally know the SDA pastor who spoke to him by phone, however, I posted what I posted before having read what I am now reading in the "Unauthorized History of 3ABN" topic that throws the Chairman of the 3ABN Board in a questionable light. I am also reading first hand information in that topic that I consider to be of great weight in the two or more witnesses sense.

Naming the pastor is not important, therefore, as I am not asking the first hand witnesses to identify themselves, neither am I identifying this SDA pastor.

--------------------
In His Love, Mercy, and Grace!

Daryl Fawcett
Administrator
Maritime SDA OnLine
http://www.maritime-sda-online.com

+Quote Post
Clay
post Jul 4 2006, 05:56 PM
Post #360

5,000 + posts
Group Icon

QUOTE(Daryl Fawcett @ Jul 4 2006, 05:33 PM) [snapback]137523[/snapback]

You made a valid observation, however, I made an exception to that only because I personally know the SDA pastor who spoke to him by phone, however, I posted what I posted before having read what I am now reading in the "Unauthorized History of 3ABN" topic that throws the Chairman of the 3ABN Board in a questionable light. I am also reading first hand information in that topic that I consider to be of great weight in the two or more witnesses sense.

Naming the pastor is not important, therefore, as I am not asking the first hand witnesses to identify themselves, neither am I identifying this SDA pastor.

It's always good to remember that people often tell what other people have done, and they RARELY tell what they have done when it comes to evil, bad, questionable things....

--------------------

+Quote Post

30 Pages V  « < 22 23 24 25 26 > » 
Reply to this topicStart new topic
1 User(s) are reading this topic (1 Guests and 0 Anonymous Users)
0 Members:

Lo-Fi Version Time is now: 23rd March 2008 - 03:58 PM
Design by: Download IPB Skins & eBusiness
BlackSDA has no official affiliation or endorsement from the Seventh-day Adventist church