Archive of http://www.blacksda.com/forums/index.php?showtopic=17129&st=135 preserved for the defense in 3ABN and Danny Shelton v. Joy and Pickle.
Links altered to maintain their integrity and aid in navigation, but content otherwise unchanged.
Saved at 03:00:03 PM on March 23, 2008.
IPB

Welcome Guest ( Log In | Register )

14 Pages V  « < 8 9 10 11 12 > »   
Closed TopicStart new topic
> The Latest In The 3-ring Circus, Discount Attorneys?
Pickle
post Nov 21 2007, 05:35 AM
Post #136

1,000 + posts
Group Icon

Group: Members
Member No.: 1,960

There will be a hearing today regarding the lifting of the automatic stay.

Thus far the plaintiffs have lost the issue of impoundment, the form of electronic discovery, and the emergency motion for a status conference. They are also parties to adversarial proceedings.

Certainly they will win a few as we go along.
Go to the top of the page

+Quote Post
Panama_Pete
post Nov 21 2007, 07:38 AM
Post #137

500 + posts
Group Icon

Member No.: 522

QUOTE(Pickle @ Nov 21 2007, 05:35 AM) *
Certainly they will win a few as we go along.

roflmao.gif cheer.gif thats-funny.gif

We can only hope.

+Quote Post
justice4jesus
post Nov 21 2007, 10:33 AM
Post #138

Advanced Member

Member No.: 4,268

QUOTE(fallible humanbeing @ Nov 21 2007, 12:03 AM) *
And this is still true. Mr. Pickle has once again presented a very skewed view of the courts actions. The document in question is, Case 4:07-cv-40098-FDS Document 33-2 Filed 11/16/2007 and consists of seven pages which are the judges decision in regards to the issue of electronic discovery. (The document is available via Pacer for those interested)

- FHB

No offense, but your interpretation of these proceedings thus far has not convinced me that you are entirely knowledgeable of what is going on here. You are entitled to believe as you wish, but so am I, and I'm just simply not buying it.

Bob is involved in the proceedings, and is represented by counsel who can explain everything in full and complete detail. Therefore, I deem it reasonable to accept his interpretation of the matter, and his interpretation has convinced me that he and Gailon, at this point in the proceedings, are winning. Surely, Bob will correct me if I am wrong on that point, but I don't think I am.

+Quote Post
fallible humanbe...
post Nov 21 2007, 11:02 AM
Post #139

Advanced Member

Member No.: 2,058

J4J,

The document is provided for you, take a look and please indicate where I am wrong in my interpretation. Additionally, Mr. Pickle is not represented by counsel (bsda posting and save/not posting). Mr. Pickle and Mr. Joy are both in a pro se situation in the 3ABN v. Gailon Joy and Robert Pickle case and Mr. Joy is represented by Attry. Heal in his bankruptcy proceedings.

- FHB

QUOTE(justice4jesus @ Nov 21 2007, 12:33 PM) *
No offense, but your interpretation of these proceedings thus far has not convinced me that you are entirely knowledgeable of what is going on here. You are entitled to believe as you wish, but so am I, and I'm just simply not buying it.

Bob is involved in the proceedings, and is represented by counsel who can explain everything in full and complete detail. Therefore, I deem it reasonable to accept his interpretation of the matter, and his interpretation has convinced me that he and Gailon, at this point in the proceedings, are winning. Surely, Bob will correct me if I am wrong on that point, but I don't think I am.

--------------------
But beware. Anger, fear, aggression. The dark side are they. Once you start down the dark path, forever will it dominate your destiny. - Yoda

If you would convince a man that he does wrong, do right. But do not care to convince him. Men will believe what they see. Let them see. - Henry David Thoreau

May those who love us love us. And those who don’t love us– may God turn their hearts. And if He cannot turn their hearts, may He turn their ankles, so that we may know them by their limping. - Keeping Faith

+Quote Post
fallible humanbe...
post Nov 21 2007, 11:13 AM
Post #140

Advanced Member

Member No.: 2,058

J4J,

In addressing the issue of mirror imaging of the hard drives owned by Gailon Joy, even Mr. Pickle indicates that the judge ordered such to be done (bsda post of 14 Nov).

This fact and the final paragraph of the judges decision indicate that a mirror image of the drives is required to be mirrored and provided for the court in order to safe guard any potential discoverable data from destruction. The mirrored drives are to remain under court control until such time that 3ABN presents its position on why its experts should be granted access to the copies.

My point, I feel, stands. The hard drives are to be copied - which is in direct controdiction to Mr. Pickles suggestions in post #129.

- FHB

QUOTE(justice4jesus @ Nov 21 2007, 12:33 PM) *

This post has been edited by fallible humanbeing: Nov 21 2007, 11:24 AM

--------------------
But beware. Anger, fear, aggression. The dark side are they. Once you start down the dark path, forever will it dominate your destiny. - Yoda

If you would convince a man that he does wrong, do right. But do not care to convince him. Men will believe what they see. Let them see. - Henry David Thoreau

May those who love us love us. And those who don’t love us– may God turn their hearts. And if He cannot turn their hearts, may He turn their ankles, so that we may know them by their limping. - Keeping Faith

+Quote Post
justice4jesus
post Nov 21 2007, 11:26 AM
Post #141

Advanced Member

notworking.gif

+Quote Post
runner4him
post Nov 21 2007, 11:33 AM
Post #142

Advanced Member

Member No.: 3,427

QUOTE(fallible humanbeing @ Nov 20 2007, 07:55 AM) *
If you take a look at the documents posted at his, er, Gailon's site you will notice that he signs his name Robert - it is his name. Additionally, he has referred on numerous occasions to Danny as "Danny Lee" something no one else - other than here - does, others here continually refer to Danny as Dan, something that has been pointed out as being contrary to what he likes and has been done so in a very, as you put it, arrogant manner. Finally, no one refers to Dr. Thompson as Walt other than his close acquaintances and friends - something that Robert is certainly not, and yet he continues.

I do not know Robert other than his involvement here and so have chosen long ago to refer to him by his formal name - Robert. It never seemed to bother him until about a week ago, go figure.

- FHB

FHB,

It would be nice to be a little more gracious. surrender.gif

About the issue of addressing Walt Thompson - maybe you are not in the familiar loop with him but I know that Walt Thompson signs correspondence sent to the many viewers, supporters, donors, critics, and any other unknown person who has taken the time to write to him. He has a varied response even if he has never met the person. I know that he signs as ........Walt, Dr. Walter Thompson, Mr. Walter Thompson, Walt Thompson MD, Walt T, and more. He is very friendly with all who take the time to write or call him even those "on the other side". He is very available.

R4H

+Quote Post
Snoopy
post Nov 21 2007, 01:38 PM
Post #143

Advanced Member

Member No.: 2,808

QUOTE(justice4jesus @ Nov 21 2007, 10:33 AM) *

But in F's defense, he is REALLY up on his geography!!! tongue.gif

EDIT: Aaawww, hey, F, I'm just messin with ya! I'm sorry...... shake2.gif I wish for you a very Happy Thanksgiving! No matter where any of us are with regard to current events, we all have a great deal to be thankful for. I know I do.

signthankspin.gif PTL.gif

This post has been edited by Snoopy: Nov 21 2007, 03:03 PM

+Quote Post
PeacefulBe
post Nov 21 2007, 02:51 PM
Post #144

1,000 + posts
Group Icon

Member No.: 2,169

QUOTE(runner4him @ Nov 21 2007, 09:33 AM) *
FHB,

It would be nice to be a little more gracious. surrender.gif

About the issue of addressing Walt Thompson - maybe you are not in the familiar loop with him but I know that Walt Thompson signs correspondence sent to the many viewers, supporters, donors, critics, and any other unknown person who has taken the time to write to him. He has a varied response even if he has never met the person. I know that he signs as ........Walt, Dr. Walter Thompson, Mr. Walter Thompson, Walt Thompson MD, Walt T, and more. He is very friendly with all who take the time to write or call him even those "on the other side". He is very available.

R4H

R4H,

In FHB's further defense, not only is he quite UP on his geography, but he has also shown a lot of restraint in the way he has posted when you compare his offerings with the likes of Aletheia, Eirene, sometimes Appletree, Ian, etc. If you review the manner in which he has been addressed at times, I think you will agree. I have appreciated the thoughtfully constructed, informative posts that FHB has added to this discussion. Sure, his irritation with some, Bob included, has been evident, but isn't that pretty much true for all of us at one time or another?

I agree with you that Dr. Walt Thompson is a friendly, available man. He has almost always signed his email responses to me just "Walt". For those who have been critical of him, though, to refer to him in such a familiar way could be seen as disrespectful by some who care deeply for the man.

I still wish we could just all get along. We are, after all, a part of the same family.

PB

--------------------
Got Peace?

John 14:27 Peace I leave with you; my peace I give you. I do not give to you as the world gives. Do not let your hearts be troubled and do not be afraid.

"Truth welcomes examination and doesn't need to defend itself, while deception hides in darkness and blames everyone else." Aunt B, 2007

+Quote Post
Rosyroi
post Nov 22 2007, 09:07 PM
Post #145

Advanced Member

Member No.: 2,536

To all the BSDA family,

Have a very Happy Thanksgiving. I know I have much to be thankful for.

--------------------

"Joy, Love, Peace, Long Suffering, Gentleness, Goodness, Faith, Meekness, and Self Control are what being full of the Holy Spirit is all about." Galations 5.

"Don't waste your time waiting and longing for large opportunities which may never come, but faitfully handle the little things that are always claiming your attention..." F.B. Meyers

"Truth welcomes examination and doesn't need to defend itself, while deception hides in darkness and blames everyone else." Aunt B. 2007

"For GOD so LOVED you and me..." John 3:16

"I believe that there is a devil, and here's Satan's agenda. First, he doesn't want anyone having kids. Secondly, if they do conceive, he wants them killed.
If they're not killed through abortion, he wants them neglected or abused physically, emotionally, sexually...One way or another, the legions of hell want to destroy children because children become the future adults and leaders. If they (legions) can warp or wound a child, he or she becomes a warped or wounded adult who passes on this affliction to the next generation". -Terry Randall in TIME Magazine, October 21, 1991

+Quote Post
princessdi
post Nov 22 2007, 11:39 PM
Post #146

5,000 + posts
Group Icon

Group: Administrator
Member No.: 47

I am so proud of ALL of you!!!! I pray you all had a blessed Thanksgiving Day with friends and family!

--------------------
TTFN
Di

And we know that all things work together for good to them that love God, to them who are the called according to his purpose---Romans 8:28

A great many people believe they are thinking when they are merely rearranging their prejudices.-- William James

It is better to be silent and be thought a fool, than to speak and remove all doubt.- Mark Twain

+Quote Post
justice4jesus
post Nov 23 2007, 09:47 AM
Post #147

Advanced Member

QUOTE(princessdi @ Nov 22 2007, 11:39 PM) *
I am so proud of ALL of you!!!! I pray you all had a blessed Thanksgiving Day with friends and family!

To tell the truth, it totally slipped right by me. Oh, well....when you're single with no family to share it with, every day is the same, anyway.

I hope everyone had a happy Thanksgiving. That includes Danny Shelton, the directors, management and staff at 3ABN, their supporters....I mean EVERYONE!

+Quote Post
PeacefulBe
post Nov 23 2007, 04:17 PM
Post #148

1,000 + posts
Group Icon

QUOTE(justice4jesus @ Nov 23 2007, 07:47 AM) *
To tell the truth, it totally slipped right by me. Oh, well....when you're single with no family to share it with, every day is the same, anyway.

I hope everyone had a happy Thanksgiving. That includes Danny Shelton, the directors, management and staff at 3ABN, their supporters....I mean EVERYONE!

J4J,

hug.gif so sorry you were alone. Bless you for your gracious wishes for all. spoton.gif

I hope you soon find the connections, the communty and the friendships that are available here. BSDA is so much more than just the 3abn forum. Try out LC sometime, if you haven't already. You just might discover some family you didn't even realize you had. I know I have!!! smile.gif

PB

--------------------
Got Peace?

John 14:27 Peace I leave with you; my peace I give you. I do not give to you as the world gives. Do not let your hearts be troubled and do not be afraid.

"Truth welcomes examination and doesn't need to defend itself, while deception hides in darkness and blames everyone else." Aunt B, 2007

+Quote Post
Pickle
post Nov 28 2007, 08:16 PM
Post #149

1,000 + posts
Group Icon

Member No.: 1,960

Both sides made their required auto-disclosures about August 3.

The second edition of such that I supplied to the other side was a DVD containing more than 3 GB. It included 4500+ emails in one file alone. Gailon likewise gave them a lot of stuff.

We have yet to receive one single thing from the other side. It was stated on August 3 that some resided at the law offices and some at 3ABN.

Since going pro se, I was told that I had to give 3ABN two weeks' notice and the law offices one weeks' notice before coming by to copy the stuff. Then I was told that the stuff at all three offices was the same. After giving the required notice, I am now told that the plaintiffs, without a protective order, won't authorize my being able to inspect and copy what the plaintiffs were required to auto-disclose.

Walt Thompson stated most clearly that the reason for going to court was so that the truth could be made plain. Thus far I see no effort whatsoever on his part to make the truth plain, but only continued efforts to keep everything under wraps, if he had any part in the decision to not disclose the auto-disclosure.

So one could ask, did Walt Thompson tell the truth when he said they went to court so the truth could come out? Or is he chairman of the board in name only, and someone else is making the decisions to continue to hide the evidence that was hidden long before the suit was filed, and that someone simply forgot to inform Walt that that really isn't why they went to court?

+Quote Post
PeacefulBe
post Nov 28 2007, 08:42 PM
Post #150

1,000 + posts
Group Icon

Bob, while this is not encouraging news for those of us who hope that 3abn will take the high road to transparency and obvious honesty, and for those of us who have also been told by Dr. Walt Thompson that bringing the truth to light is the point of the law suit, I think it is a bit of a stretch to lay the responsibility for this development - that you are "now told that the plaintiffs, without a protective order, won't authorize my being able to inspect and copy what the plaintiffs were required to auto-disclose." - at Walt Thompson's feet.

This sounds more like a nasty legal manuever to me. I guess you are going to have to seek intervention by the court to get what the court has said you are entitled to. Reminds me of portions of a Chris Isaak song, "Wicked Game". Sad that Christians are embroiled in such a game.

--------------------
Got Peace?

+Quote Post

14 Pages V  « < 8 9 10 11 12 > » 
Closed TopicStart new topic
1 User(s) are reading this topic (1 Guests and 0 Anonymous Users)
0 Members:

Lo-Fi Version Time is now: 23rd March 2008 - 02:00 PM
Design by: Download IPB Skins & eBusiness
BlackSDA has no official affiliation or endorsement from the Seventh-day Adventist church