Archive of http://www.blacksda.com/forums/index.php?showtopic=17129&st=75 preserved for the defense in 3ABN and Danny Shelton v. Joy and Pickle.
Links altered to maintain their integrity and aid in navigation, but content otherwise unchanged.
Saved at 02:59:55 PM on March 23, 2008.
IPB

Welcome Guest ( Log In | Register )

14 Pages V  « < 4 5 6 7 8 > »   
Closed TopicStart new topic
> The Latest In The 3-ring Circus, Discount Attorneys?
CPAATTY
post Nov 18 2007, 03:58 AM
Post #76

Advanced Member

Group: Banned
Member No.: 4,412

QUOTE(appletree @ Nov 18 2007, 02:50 AM) *
Is not relating as a bitter ex wife? And you would know that how? Because she doesn't give you that impression when you talk with her? Come down to reality Gregory. You think she is going to show her true feelings to you one of her defenders?

As far as saying Danny defenders do not do well by attacking her....there are 2 sides to that little coin. You must think it bodes well for your side to continually attack Danny and other good people at 3abn? As we say on the playground...you started it.

"As we say on the playground...you started it."

Do you feel credible enough to help "end" it or will it continue to be played-out over time?

Since it appears that you attempt to place yourself in the "loop". would you please advise we, "shareholders in the pew", on the reasons or excuses the BOD opted to insulate the "president" to an "advisory status" which removed certain administrative powers? A response to this suggestion with the "facts" rather than just some rumors may enhance your credibility as being in the loop. Please post a copy of the official BOD minutes if you are a credible poster!

We need to know a little more on the "independence" of the board as we appear to be on the mailing lists of other independent ministries of which the board members are or have been board members also.
Go to the top of the page

+Quote Post
Pickle
post Nov 18 2007, 06:14 AM
Post #77

1,000 + posts
Group Icon

Group: Members
Member No.: 1,960

QUOTE(appletree @ Nov 18 2007, 02:50 AM) *
You must think it bodes well for your side to continually attack Danny and other good people at 3abn?

"And he said unto him, Why callest thou me good? there is none good but one, that is, God" (Mt 19:17).

"And Jesus said unto him, Why callest thou me good? there is none good but one, that is, God" (Mr 10:18).

So AppleTree, given what Jesus plainly said, and given that Danny divorced his wife without knowing whether he had biblical grounds, and given that Danny violated the Internal Revenue Code in 1998 when he bought a house from 3ABN for $6,139 and sold it one week later for $135,000, and given the fact that he tried to convince Linda to lie to the IRS in 2005 for the 2004 tax year, and given the fact that Walt Thompson claims that Danny told him the child molestation allegations against Tommy were 30 years old when they weren't, why in the world are you classifying Danny with "good people"?

Could you please give us an example of someone you wouldn't classify with "good people"? To what depths does someone have to go before you would refrain from such language?

+Quote Post
Pickle
post Nov 18 2007, 06:23 AM
Post #78

1,000 + posts
Group Icon

QUOTE(appletree @ Nov 18 2007, 02:32 AM) *
You say it's about DS being tainted. About his underhanded dealings. Where did you get this? From the disastardly duo that's where. There is nothing illegal or incriminating concerning emails, court papers or anything else that the DD has put out.

Your assertion is absolutely weird. Nothing incriminating in court papers? Are you including courthouse records and tax returns in this statement? Remember, courthouse records testify that Danny bought a house from 3ABN in 1998 for $6,139 and sold it a week later for $135,000. Get your blinders off, AppleTree!

And if you think there is nothing incriminating in an email of July 17, 2004, in which Danny admitted not knowing whether Linda had committed fornication, even though it was almost a month after the divorce had been finalized in 3 minutes, then I suggest you go have a talk with your pastor. Have him give you a Bible study, and show you what the Spirit of Prophecy says on that.

However, if your pastor happens to be super liberal, the kind that just winks at open, unrepented-of sin and never ever does anything, I suggest you find one that is a good bit more conservative.

+Quote Post
Eduard
post Nov 18 2007, 07:04 AM
Post #79

Member No.: 3,727

QUOTE(appletree @ Nov 18 2007, 02:32 AM) *
Here is some good advice. As Mr. Pickle and Mr. Joy are learning, it's best not to make accusations that you can't back up in court with actual proof. Rumor, heresay and speculation aren't working.

The evidence is there. You are refusing to see it. I guess you will deny it even when your "idol" will be forced to confess it publicly. I have seen people like you, and I know.

Eduard

+Quote Post
Snoopy
post Nov 18 2007, 12:40 PM
Post #80

Advanced Member

Member No.: 2,808

Just curious, appletree...

Why do you insist on calling Mr. Pickle by a name he says he does not use? He has clearly stated on this forum that he does NOT go by "Robert". Interestingly, since his post stating such, you and your buddies seem to have purposely increased the occasions in which you call him "Robert". Why, appletree?? Are you trying real hard to be antagonistic or do you just not read well???

QUOTE(appletree @ Nov 18 2007, 02:43 AM) *
Yes Robert, I am quite sure that with you not giving up without a fight and Joy trying to file suit against attorney's, that the federal courts are shaking in their boots. After all, we wouldn't want a brilliant legal mind like Gailon's to go to waste. Since he hasn't been succesful as a "real" reporter and since his financial counseling business went bankrupt, maybe he will find his niche in the courtroom. But, for your own sake Robert, I wouldn't count on it.

+Quote Post
missthg
post Nov 18 2007, 12:43 PM
Post #81

1,000 + posts
Group Icon

Group: Charter Member
Member No.: 9

you know that reading is fundamental....

QUOTE(Snoopy @ Nov 18 2007, 10:40 AM) *

Why do you insist on calling Mr. Pickle by a name he says he does not use? He has clearly stated on this forum that he does NOT go by "Robert". Interestingly, since his post stating such, you and your buddies seem to have purposely increased the occasions in which you call him "Robert". Why, appletree?? Are you trying real hard to be antagonistic or do you just not read well???

--------------------
life is too short to knit with ugly yarn....
www.knitfloozy.blogspot.com

There is a very fine line between "hobby" and "mental illness."

+Quote Post
Johann
post Nov 18 2007, 01:00 PM
Post #82

1,000 + posts
Group Icon

From: Iceland, formerly Denmark, Norway, USA, Sierra Leone, Nigeria, Faeroe Islands. Bound for Heaven.
Member No.: 686

QUOTE(missthg @ Nov 18 2007, 08:43 PM) *
you know that reading is fundamental....

This applies, evidently, to those for whom truth is essential. Others could be exempt!

--------------------
"Any fact that needs to be disclosed should be put out now or as quickly as possible, because otherwise the bleeding will not end." (Attributed to Henry Kissinger)

"He who passively accepts evil is as much involved in it as he who helps to perpetrate it" (Martin Luther King)

"The truth can lose nothing by close investigation". (1888 Materials 38)

+Quote Post
Johann
post Nov 18 2007, 01:03 PM
Post #83

1,000 + posts
Group Icon

From: Iceland, formerly Denmark, Norway, USA, Sierra Leone, Nigeria, Faeroe Islands. Bound for Heaven.
Member No.: 686

QUOTE(CPAATTY @ Nov 18 2007, 11:58 AM) *
"As we say on the playground...you started it."

Do you feel credible enough to help "end" it or will it continue to be played-out over time?

Since it appears that you attempt to place yourself in the "loop". would you please advise we, "shareholders in the pew", on the reasons or excuses the BOD opted to insulate the "president" to an "advisory status" which removed certain administrative powers? A response to this suggestion with the "facts" rather than just some rumors may enhance your credibility as being in the loop. Please post a copy of the official BOD minutes if you are a credible poster!

We need to know a little more on the "independence" of the board as we appear to be on the mailing lists of other independent ministries of which the board members are or have been board members also.

Legally, do board members in a free and independent ministry carry any responsibility?

This post has been edited by Johann: Nov 18 2007, 01:07 PM

--------------------
"Any fact that needs to be disclosed should be put out now or as quickly as possible, because otherwise the bleeding will not end." (Attributed to Henry Kissinger)

"He who passively accepts evil is as much involved in it as he who helps to perpetrate it" (Martin Luther King)

"The truth can lose nothing by close investigation". (1888 Materials 38)

+Quote Post
PeacefulBe
post Nov 18 2007, 01:30 PM
Post #84

1,000 + posts
Group Icon

Member No.: 2,169

QUOTE(Pickle @ Nov 18 2007, 04:23 AM) *
Your assertion is absolutely weird. Nothing incriminating in court papers? Are you including courthouse records and tax returns in this statement? Remember, courthouse records testify that Danny bought a house from 3ABN in 1998 for $6,139 and sold it a week later for $135,000. Get your blinders off, AppleTree!

And if you think there is nothing incriminating in an email of July 17, 2004, in which Danny admitted not knowing whether Linda had committed fornication, even though it was almost a month after the divorce had been finalized in 3 minutes, then I suggest you go have a talk with your pastor. Have him give you a Bible study, and show you what the Spirit of Prophecy says on that.

However, if your pastor happens to be super liberal, the kind that just winks at open, unrepented-of sin and never ever does anything, I suggest you find one that is a good bit more conservative.

Shudder... How tiring to break our Christian religion down into labels of liberal and conservative. Isn't the core practice to be a follower of Christ, a disciple? Any denomination that defines itself by other than He who they are following is merely an interpretation of man's thoughts and not those of the Divine. Could we classify Jesus as a conservative? A liberal? A progressive? Wasn't He a provocative blend of all, and a Rebel to boot? Perhaps we should divide the membership into more representative bodies such as Pharisaical SDAs, Publican SDAs, Outright Harlot SDAs, My Mom's Interpretation Was The Right One SDAs, EGW SDAs, White as the Driven Snow SDAs, Right SDAs, Left of Center SDAs, Wealthy SDAs, Wretchedly Poor SDAs, Regional Conferences to Separate Black SDAs, You-Supply-Your-Favorite-Self-Description-Of-How-You-Are-Better-Than-Your-Brother SDAs, or how about simply Christian SDA? And also, let's consider just how long God has winked at all of our open and hidden sins. Has any one of us become perfect, sinless yet?

Do only liberals attempt to cover up sin? Hardly! In fact, as I look back over history, it is usually those of a more conservative bent, because appearance seems to be so much more important than truth. But, realistically, isn't it a condition that can be found throughout the human race?

Don't get me wrong, we have a duty to call sin by its right name, not to turn away when we see victims shoved under any rug whether it be in our home church or in a ministry that purports to be representing God to the world. But enough of the labels that are so divisive, that so minimize the true picture of who we are to be. Any possibility that we can put that aside for awhile?

--------------------
Got Peace?

John 14:27 Peace I leave with you; my peace I give you. I do not give to you as the world gives. Do not let your hearts be troubled and do not be afraid.

"Truth welcomes examination and doesn't need to defend itself, while deception hides in darkness and blames everyone else." Aunt B, 2007

+Quote Post
Noahswife
post Nov 18 2007, 03:14 PM
Post #85

500 + posts
Group Icon

Member No.: 2,683

QUOTE(PeacefulBe @ Nov 18 2007, 02:30 PM) *
Do only liberals attempt to cover up sin? Hardly! In fact, as I look back over history, it is usually those of a more conservative bent, because appearance seems to be so much more important than truth. But, realistically, isn't it a condition that can be found throughout the human race?

Don't get me wrong, we have a duty to call sin by its right name, not to turn away when we see victims shoved under any rug whether it be in our home church or in a ministry that purports to be representing God to the world. But enough of the labels that are so divisive, that so minimize the true picture of who we are to be. Any possibility that we can put that aside for awhile?

clap.gif

PB, well said.

Thank you.

nw

--------------------
“I believe in Christianity as I believe that the sun has risen: not only because I see it, but because by it I see everything else.” C.S. Lewis

"To love means loving the unlovable. To forgive means pardoning the unpardonable. Faith means believing the unbelievable. Hope means hoping when everything seems hopeless." G. K. Chesterton

+Quote Post
Richard Sherwin
post Nov 18 2007, 09:43 PM
Post #86

1,000 + posts
Group Icon

Member No.: 2,231

It really speaks quite poorly of them to call someone by a name that that person does not wish to be called by. Maybe a lack of maturity. But then since they have continually attacked Bob and ignored his message we should expect this. Some of the things Danny has done are there in black and white any yet they ignore the message and slay the messenger.

QUOTE(Snoopy @ Nov 18 2007, 01:40 PM) *

+Quote Post
Pickle
post Nov 19 2007, 06:53 AM
Post #87

1,000 + posts
Group Icon

QUOTE(PeacefulBe @ Nov 18 2007, 01:30 PM) *

"Conservatives" are generally thought to adhere to the doctrines and standards of the church, Scripture, and the Spirit of Prophecy. 3ABN and Danny Shelton have claimed to be conservative, to be holding the banner of truth aloft. And yet AppleTree had the audacity to claim, "There is nothing illegal or incriminating concerning emails, court papers or anything else that the DD has put out."

I suppose that if we were discussing a network that claimed to be liberal, and that network was stuck in a rut, refusing to consider new ideas, holding on to traditions, I suppose I might be tempted to suggest that it wasn't very liberal after all.

My reference to pastors was in regard to common perceptions which do not always hold true. For example, it is not utterly impossible that AppleTree is himself a pastor who prides himself on being conservative, and any suggestion to the contrary would not soon be forgotten. Yet regardless of whether he is a pastor or a plumber, his position is one that many of the less conservative are appalled at. The whole situation suggests that AppleTree should reconsider whatever label he lays claim to, if he lays claim to one or another.

+Quote Post
Pickle
post Nov 19 2007, 12:58 PM
Post #88

1,000 + posts
Group Icon

On Friday I received this notice:

Judge Timothy S. Hillman : Electronic ORDER entered reserving ruling on [32] EMERGENCY Motion for Hearing. "This Court's Order setting up the cc of the Defendants' equipment is stayed until further order of this Court. The parties shall inform my Clerk of dates that they are available for a further status conference." cc/cl (Roland, Lisa)

Today I received this:

Judge Timothy S. Hillman : Electronic ORDER entered denying [32] Motion for Status Conference. "The Plaintiff's Emergency Motion for Hearing status conference is denied without prejudice to renew after seeking relief from the automatic stay provisions in the Bankruptcy Court" (Roland, Lisa)

So for now they can't copy Gailon's hard drives, and won't be having another status conference either.

+Quote Post
justice4jesus
post Nov 19 2007, 01:49 PM
Post #89

Advanced Member

Member No.: 4,268

QUOTE(Pickle @ Nov 19 2007, 12:58 PM) *
So for now they can't copy Gailon's hard drives, and won't be having another status conference either.

Looks as if the court is already seeing the light on some things. The truth always prevails. Praise be to God!!!!

+Quote Post
fallible humanbe...
post Nov 19 2007, 03:51 PM
Post #90

Advanced Member

Member No.: 2,058

Before you celebrate too heartily this is only an adherence to the protocol of order. The courts have said that Gailon Joy's bankruptcy case takes precedence over his self-defense in the case with 3ABN. It by no means indicates that the hard drives are not going to be copied at some time in the future. They will be, they will be forensically scoured for relevant content which will then be used in the case against Gailon and Robert.

You will notice the phrase, "without prejudice" meaning that the courts are not siding with Gailon in this instance, but merely following the letter of the law. They are not giving Gailon a "win," but rather merely making it clear what the law states. The automatic stay referenced is the effect of the law that says in Gailon's situation he must remedy the bankruptcy before proceeding in his self-defense.

3ABN sought to move the case it has against Gailon Joy and Robert Pickle into a simultaneous process with the bankruptcy case - requesting that they both proceed now. The courts said no, one must come before the other - and the laws indicated that Gailon's bankruptcy case is first. So not only is this case of Gailon's a way to avoid any financial culpability in a settlement award to 3ABN (should that happen) but it also effectively delays the 3ABN case - one might speculate a theory at this point, that this was the second part of Gailon's intent when he filed for bankruptcy. He may have been banking on the possibility that whomever is responsible for the legal costs associated with the 3ABN suit (and there is enough evidence that 3ABN is NOT paying these expenses, but rather a supporter(s) are doing so) would grow tired of paying the bills and withdraw their support. Why would he play a risky game like that - my guess is that he knows he will lose the case on merits and lack of evidence to support his claims and so wants to inflict as much financial hardship on 3ABN and its benefactors as possible.

You are correct, truth will prevail - just be patient.

- FHB

QUOTE(justice4jesus @ Nov 19 2007, 03:49 PM) *
Looks as if the court is already seeing the light on some things. The truth always prevails. Praise be to God!!!!

This post has been edited by fallible humanbeing: Nov 19 2007, 03:52 PM

--------------------
But beware. Anger, fear, aggression. The dark side are they. Once you start down the dark path, forever will it dominate your destiny. - Yoda

If you would convince a man that he does wrong, do right. But do not care to convince him. Men will believe what they see. Let them see. - Henry David Thoreau

May those who love us love us. And those who don’t love us– may God turn their hearts. And if He cannot turn their hearts, may He turn their ankles, so that we may know them by their limping. - Keeping Faith

+Quote Post

14 Pages V  « < 4 5 6 7 8 > » 
Closed TopicStart new topic
1 User(s) are reading this topic (1 Guests and 0 Anonymous Users)
0 Members:

Lo-Fi Version Time is now: 23rd March 2008 - 01:59 PM
Design by: Download IPB Skins & eBusiness
BlackSDA has no official affiliation or endorsement from the Seventh-day Adventist church