Archive of http://www.blacksda.com/forums/index.php?showtopic=17129&st=90 preserved for the defense in 3ABN and Danny Shelton v. Joy and Pickle.
Links altered to maintain their integrity and aid in navigation, but content otherwise unchanged.
Saved at 02:59:57 PM on March 23, 2008.
IPB

Welcome Guest ( Log In | Register )

14 Pages V  « < 5 6 7 8 9 > »   
Closed TopicStart new topic
> The Latest In The 3-ring Circus, Discount Attorneys?
PrincessDrRe
post Nov 19 2007, 04:19 PM
Post #91

PrincessDrRe
Group Icon

Group: Financial Donor
Member No.: 712

QUOTE(judibug60 @ Nov 12 2007, 08:02 PM) *
Agreed......in fact....i'm seeing less and less christian spirit at this web site...and it is so distressing......I am so distressed with the name calling and unkind remarks I continue to read here..... There is enough unchristian humanity around us everyday as it is...but it now seems we can no longer fellowship here as fellow brothers and sisters.......

Get outta the 3ABN threads and look at some other stuff....
We do so get along here. A few of us have met face to face...and we pay attention here too!!!
QUOTE(Richard Sherwin @ Nov 15 2007, 09:15 PM) *
As The World Turns will be back right after a brief message from Novartis, the makers of Ex Lax, the meds you need for gentle, over night relief from......and Cadbury Adams who bring you Dentyne gum, to remove that bad taste in your mouth.

.....Are you hongry? New Honey Bunches of Oats! *(That's my commecial plug)*

QUOTE(missthg @ Nov 18 2007, 01:43 PM) *
you know that reading is fundamental....

...and for a big ol' part... MENTAL - a grip of folks don't get the "mental" part....
snack.gif

--------------------
*"Some folks use their ignorance like a umbrella. It covers everything, they perodically take it out from time to time, but it never is too far away from them."*
PrincessDrRe; March, 2007

~"Blood = Meat, Face = Meat, Internal "Organs" = Meat - you can try to make it cuter; but it's still meat...."~
PrincessDrRe; September, 2007

*(NOTE: Any advice given by Re' Silvey, MSW is not to be taken as medical/mental health advice. Although trained to be a counselor, currently employed as a therapist, and currently pursuing her PhD in Counseling Psychology (ABD/I) - she is not your assigned therapist. Please consult a mental health professional of your choice for a face-to-face consultation.)*
Go to the top of the page

+Quote Post
Pickle
post Nov 19 2007, 06:25 PM
Post #92

1,000 + posts
Group Icon

Group: Members
Member No.: 1,960

QUOTE(fallible humanbeing @ Nov 19 2007, 03:51 PM) *
It by no means indicates that the hard drives are not going to be copied at some time in the future. They will be, they will be forensically scoured for relevant content which will then be used in the case against Gailon and Robert.

So should I subpoena your hard drive and forensically scour it?

+Quote Post
Panama_Pete
post Nov 19 2007, 07:26 PM
Post #93

500 + posts
Group Icon

Member No.: 522

They are not giving Gailon a "win," but rather merely making it clear what the law states.
- FHB

What's with the merely? In your version of history, does the Titanic merely sink?

This post has been edited by Panama_Pete: Nov 19 2007, 07:28 PM

+Quote Post
justice4jesus
post Nov 19 2007, 07:26 PM
Post #94

Advanced Member

Member No.: 4,268

Before you celebrate too heartily this is only an adherence to the protocol of order. The courts have said that Gailon Joy's bankruptcy case takes precedence over his self-defense in the case with 3ABN. It by no means indicates that the hard drives are not going to be copied at some time in the future. They will be, they will be forensically scoured for relevant content which will then be used in the case against Gailon and Robert.

You will notice the phrase, "without prejudice" meaning that the courts are not siding with Gailon in this instance, but merely following the letter of the law. They are not giving Gailon a "win," but rather merely making it clear what the law states. The automatic stay referenced is the effect of the law that says in Gailon's situation he must remedy the bankruptcy before proceeding in his self-defense.

You are correct, truth will prevail - just be patient.

- FHB

I am quite familiar with the meaning of the term "without prejudice". I also notice that you failed to mention that the court is not siding with Danny/3ABN, either. "Without prejudice" indicates that the court takes neither side in the issue.

How do you KNOW that Gailon's hard drives WILL be scoured, or even copied at all? At this point, the court can decide to do anything, including rescinding it's own order for the hard drives. If the judge will stay the order of the court (which he did), what makes you think that he cannot and will not reverse it completely at some point? I'm not saying that he will, but he could, and he might.

I am glad that we do agree on one thing....the truth will prevail!

+Quote Post
fallible humanbe...
post Nov 19 2007, 08:14 PM
Post #95

Advanced Member

Member No.: 2,058

QUOTE(justice4jesus @ Nov 19 2007, 09:26 PM) *
I am quite familiar with the meaning of the term "without prejudice". I also notice that you failed to mention that the court is not siding with Danny/3ABN, either. "Without prejudice" indicates that the court takes neither side in the issue.

How do you KNOW that Gailon's hard drives WILL be scoured, or even copied at all? At this point, the court can decide to do anything, including rescinding it's own order for the hard drives. If the judge will stay the order of the court (which he did), what makes you think that he cannot and will not reverse it completely at some point? I'm not saying that he will, but he could, and he might.

I am glad that we do agree on one thing....the truth will prevail!

To answer the above bold question . . . because the court has already decided that that will happen - that decision has been made, now it is just a matter of when. It is my guess that the court will not rescind its previous decision. Why would it? It makes perfect sense for the 3ABN attorneys to make the request in regards to the hard drives - and as the judge has already indicated he agrees with this assertion . . . The judge merely decided (in this instance) that the stay would remain in place because the law requires it, he said there isn't a way that both cases can continue simultaneously under the law as written. The judge did not stay the order of the court, it was already there, Gailon had already insured that the case of 3ABN v. Gailon Joy and Robert Pickle would be put on hold until he satisfied his bankruptcy case.

The stay has nothing specifically to do with the copying of Gailon's hard drives other than when it will happen. It in no way suggested or hinted at a change in the original decision.

Robert would have you think otherwise, because it serves to keep people in his corner but the truth is this isn't going to result in a change of the original decision.

- FHB

--------------------
But beware. Anger, fear, aggression. The dark side are they. Once you start down the dark path, forever will it dominate your destiny. - Yoda

If you would convince a man that he does wrong, do right. But do not care to convince him. Men will believe what they see. Let them see. - Henry David Thoreau

May those who love us love us. And those who don’t love us– may God turn their hearts. And if He cannot turn their hearts, may He turn their ankles, so that we may know them by their limping. - Keeping Faith

+Quote Post
fallible humanbe...
post Nov 19 2007, 08:38 PM
Post #96

Advanced Member

Merely as in . . . it isn't the big deal that Robert would have you imagine it to be . . . just a procedural situation. 3ABN's attorneys knew the stay was in place and decided to make an effort to move things forward . . . happens all the time, procedural issues . . . you see Pete, there is another dynamic going on here, Robert would have you believe that this is significant and points to he and Gailon being "right" - but that isn't the case . . . not by a long shot . . . so, "merely"? Yes, merely.

- FHB

QUOTE(Panama_Pete @ Nov 19 2007, 09:26 PM) *
What's with the merely? In your version of history, does the Titanic merely sink?

--------------------
But beware. Anger, fear, aggression. The dark side are they. Once you start down the dark path, forever will it dominate your destiny. - Yoda

If you would convince a man that he does wrong, do right. But do not care to convince him. Men will believe what they see. Let them see. - Henry David Thoreau

May those who love us love us. And those who don’t love us– may God turn their hearts. And if He cannot turn their hearts, may He turn their ankles, so that we may know them by their limping. - Keeping Faith

+Quote Post
Rosyroi
post Nov 19 2007, 09:01 PM
Post #97

Advanced Member

Member No.: 2,536

CODE
Robert would have you think otherwise, because it serves to keep people in his corner but the truth is this isn't going to result in a change of the original decision.

- FHB

It has been almost one year since I began reading BSDA especially the 3ABN saga. Never have I seen messages given in duplicate statements echoing Bob or Galion. I have a hard time finding folk in here being tied to Bob Pickle's corner.

Aside, I agree with those who are asking you to type in the letters "Bob" instead of "Robert" when you are addressing or talking about Bob Pickle. Thank you.

--------------------

"Joy, Love, Peace, Long Suffering, Gentleness, Goodness, Faith, Meekness, and Self Control are what being full of the Holy Spirit is all about." Galations 5.

"Don't waste your time waiting and longing for large opportunities which may never come, but faitfully handle the little things that are always claiming your attention..." F.B. Meyers

"Truth welcomes examination and doesn't need to defend itself, while deception hides in darkness and blames everyone else." Aunt B. 2007

"For GOD so LOVED you and me..." John 3:16

"I believe that there is a devil, and here's Satan's agenda. First, he doesn't want anyone having kids. Secondly, if they do conceive, he wants them killed.
If they're not killed through abortion, he wants them neglected or abused physically, emotionally, sexually...One way or another, the legions of hell want to destroy children because children become the future adults and leaders. If they (legions) can warp or wound a child, he or she becomes a warped or wounded adult who passes on this affliction to the next generation". -Terry Randall in TIME Magazine, October 21, 1991

+Quote Post
Snoopy
post Nov 19 2007, 09:19 PM
Post #98

Advanced Member

Member No.: 2,808

QUOTE(Rosyroi @ Nov 19 2007, 09:01 PM) *
It has been almost one year since I began reading BSDA especially the 3ABN saga. Never have I seen messages given in duplicate statements echoing Bob or Galion. I have a hard time finding folk in here being tied to Bob Pickle's corner.

Aside, I agree with those who are asking you to type in the letters "Bob" instead of "Robert" when you are addressing or talking about Bob Pickle. Thank you.

Rosy - good to hear from you again!!

I think it is just plain rude of them, but that's just me. Apparently "fallible" is not only a theology expert but a legal interpreter as well. Good to know, since I have a legal process question I am certain he can answer.

F, how is it that Siegel, Brill, Greupner, Duffy & Foster, a professional corporation out of Minnesota can appear in front of a Massachusetts judge without being registered as a foreign corporation with the Massachusetts Secretary of State?? It appears to me to be a direct violation of Massachusetts General Law Chapter 156A, Section 17.

http://www.mass.gov/legis/laws/mgl/156a-17.htm

This post has been edited by Snoopy: Nov 19 2007, 09:21 PM

+Quote Post
Pickle
post Nov 19 2007, 09:28 PM
Post #99

1,000 + posts
Group Icon

QUOTE(fallible humanbeing @ Nov 19 2007, 08:14 PM) *
To answer the above bold question . . . because the court has already decided that that will happen - that decision has been made, now it is just a matter of when. It is my guess that the court will not rescind its previous decision. Why would it? It makes perfect sense for the 3ABN attorneys to make the request in regards to the hard drives - and as the judge has already indicated he agrees with this assertion . . .

Fallible, you are incorrect.

The court has made no such decision. I was present at the status conference by phone, and I heard very clearly that Judge Hillman's concern was data preservation in case the bankruptcy trustee sold Gailon's computers. There has yet to be any decision regarding allowing the form of discovery for electronically stored information be byte-by-byte copies of hard drives.

So thus far, you don't have to worry about your hard drive being subpoenaed.

+Quote Post
fallible humanbe...
post Nov 19 2007, 09:29 PM
Post #100

Advanced Member

QUOTE(Snoopy @ Nov 19 2007, 11:19 PM) *
F, how is it that Siegel, Brill, Greupner, Duffy & Foster, a professional corporation out of Minnesota can appear in front of a Massachusetts judge without being registered as a foreign corporation with the Massachusetts Secretary of State?? It appears to me to be a direct violation of Massachusetts General Law Chapter 156A, Section 17.

http://www.mass.gov/legis/laws/mgl/156a-17.htm

You can't possibly be serious . . . Last I checked an atlas, Massachusetts and Minnesota are both part of the United States of America, which would of course mean that the law firm is not "foreign." I would hope that you knew this before you posted the question.

- FHB

--------------------

+Quote Post
Snoopy
post Nov 19 2007, 09:30 PM
Post #101

Advanced Member

And another thing F...

How is it that Gray Hunter & Stenn, 3ABN's public accountants, could claim NOT TO KNOW about the lawsuit against Joy and Pickle when they were most likely completing their audit of the 2006 financial results right around the time of the filing?? I surely hope it does not turn out that 3ABN was less than forthright with their audit firm. That would be NOT COOL!!! And it could certainly embroil 3ABN in only more litigation...this time as the DEFENDANT!! Who will pay for that I wonder???

Yup, the truth will prevail - it already is!!

+Quote Post
Pickle
post Nov 19 2007, 09:31 PM
Post #102

1,000 + posts
Group Icon

QUOTE(fallible humanbeing @ Nov 19 2007, 08:38 PM) *
3ABN's attorneys knew the stay was in place and decided to make an effort to move things forward . . . happens all the time, procedural issues . . .

Could you point out a few other times when this precise situation has occurred?

QUOTE(fallible humanbeing @ Nov 19 2007, 08:38 PM) *
you see Pete, there is another dynamic going on here, Robert would have you believe that this is significant and points to he and Gailon being "right" - but that isn't the case . . . not by a long shot . . . so, "merely"? Yes, merely.

When did I say such things? Could you quote where I said that? Maybe I did, but please refresh my memory.

+Quote Post
Snoopy
post Nov 19 2007, 09:34 PM
Post #103

Advanced Member

QUOTE(fallible humanbeing @ Nov 19 2007, 09:29 PM) *
You can't possibly be serious . . . Last I checked an atlas, Massachusetts and Minnesota are both part of the United States of America, which would of course mean that the law firm is not "foreign." I would hope that you knew this before you posted the question.

- FHB

hahahahahahahahaha

PLEASE, PLEASE PLEASE tell me that you are kidding!!! Maybe you are not such a legal expert after all...

rofl1.gif rofl1.gif rofl1.gif rofl1.gif rofl1.gif

PS - Thanks though, F, for the geography lesson...

This post has been edited by Snoopy: Nov 19 2007, 09:48 PM

+Quote Post
fallible humanbe...
post Nov 19 2007, 09:37 PM
Post #104

Advanced Member

Do you get dizzy spinning like that . . . Your assumption is that everything that you can imagine and everything that has been imagined by sister, Gailon, Robert, et. al. is accurate and true . . . you hold a high opinion of yourself as you seem to believe that well established legal firms and accounting firms are just plain dumber than you . . .

Please share line, item, and verse, where the accounting firm stated such. Did they say it? Or was this a suggestion based upon an amalgamation of bits and pieces of information presented to you by Robert or Gailon?

- FHB

QUOTE(Snoopy @ Nov 19 2007, 11:30 PM) *
And another thing F...

How is it that Gray Hunter & Stenn, 3ABN's public accountants, could claim NOT TO KNOW about the lawsuit against Joy and Pickle when they were most likely completing their audit of the 2006 financial results right around the time of the filing?? I surely hope it does not turn out that 3ABN was less than forthright with their audit firm. That would be NOT COOL!!! And it could certainly embroil 3ABN in only more litigation...this time as the DEFENDANT!! Who will pay for that I wonder???

Yup, the truth will prevail - it already is!!

--------------------

+Quote Post
Snoopy
post Nov 19 2007, 09:42 PM
Post #105

Advanced Member

QUOTE(fallible humanbeing @ Nov 19 2007, 09:37 PM) *
Do you get dizzy spinning like that . . . Your assumption is that everything that you can imagine and everything that has been imagined by sister, Gailon, Robert, et. al. is accurate and true . . . you hold a high opinion of yourself as you seem to believe that well established legal firms and accounting firms are just plain dumber than you . . .

Please share line, item, and verse, where the accounting firm stated such. Did they say it? Or was this a suggestion based upon an amalgamation of bits and pieces of information presented to you by Robert or Gailon?

- FHB

You absolutely crack me UP, fallible!! Thanks so much for the chuckles - I could really use them tonight. Here's some homework for you:

1. Do a little research as to what is meant by a "foreign corporation" in interstate commerce.
2. Call Gray Hunter & Stenn yourself and ask to speak to Alan Lovejoy. Here's the number for you...618-993-2647. As for sharing "line, item, and verse" with you.......I don't think so!!! Do your own homework!

This post has been edited by Snoopy: Nov 19 2007, 09:50 PM

+Quote Post

14 Pages V  « < 5 6 7 8 9 > » 
Closed TopicStart new topic
1 User(s) are reading this topic (1 Guests and 0 Anonymous Users)
0 Members:

Lo-Fi Version Time is now: 23rd March 2008 - 01:59 PM
Design by: Download IPB Skins & eBusiness
BlackSDA has no official affiliation or endorsement from the Seventh-day Adventist church