Archive of http://www.blacksda.com/forums/index.php?showtopic=18959&st=60 preserved for the defense in 3ABN and Danny Shelton v. Joy and Pickle.
Links altered to maintain their integrity and aid in navigation, but content otherwise unchanged.
Saved at 02:32:28 PM on March 23, 2008.
IPB

Welcome Guest ( Log In | Register )

8 Pages V  « < 3 4 5 6 7 > »   
Reply to this topicStart new topic
> Factually Challenged?, Has Walt Thompson got the inside track or outside dilusion?
appletree
post Jan 13 2008, 11:42 PM
Post #61

Advanced Member

Group: Members
Member No.: 4,244

QUOTE(Ozzie @ Jan 13 2008, 11:31 PM) *
Just about sounds like Danny himself speaking doesn' it? oops.gif

Do you really think out of 140 + employees that Danny would be the only one to know how things were? You need a dose of reality. Danny would have been one that didn't know anything about Linda's and Brenda's decorating projects. Somehow those types of things weren't listed on his "priority agenda" as President and CEO of a worldwide ministry. A lot of employees, however did know how it was.
Go to the top of the page

+Quote Post
sister
post Jan 13 2008, 11:52 PM
Post #62

500 + posts
Group Icon

Member No.: 762

QUOTE(appletree @ Jan 14 2008, 12:42 AM) *
Do you really think out of 140 + employees that Danny would be the only one to know how things were? You need a dose of reality. Danny would have been one that didn't know anything about Linda's and Brenda's decorating projects. Somehow those types of things weren't listed on his "priority agenda" as President and CEO of a worldwide ministry. A lot of employees, however did know how it was.

I remember when Brenda was decorating the guest appartments at 3ABN, she kept complaining about how they had restricted her to shopping at cheap places like "Hobby Lobby" and Walmart.

In her early times at 3ABN, Brenda was only there with one or both of her sisters. That changed later, during the year before Danny divorced Linda.

+Quote Post
Johann
post Jan 14 2008, 03:46 AM
Post #63

1,000 + posts
Group Icon

From: Iceland, formerly Denmark, Norway, USA, Sierra Leone, Nigeria, Faeroe Islands. Bound for Heaven.
Member No.: 686

QUOTE(appletree @ Jan 14 2008, 05:19 AM) *
Sorry Johann.

I believe I have had some personal experience where Brenda, decorating and spending money is concerned.
In the first place, Linda, pretty much, gave up the decorating when her and Brenda became close and, evidently, she decided Brenda had a talent for decorating. So, even though I am sure Linda gave her opinion before something was actually in place, I don't think Brenda redid any "decorating" that Linda had just done.
I also know Brenda's spending budget these past years was approved by Linda who made it clear she didn't want anything "cheap" on the sets.
After Linda left and Brenda did the decorating on her own....I have seen her come in with her purchases...from Walmart and Hobby Lobby. Hardly the most extravant stores around. Even though Brenda does have good taste and I am sure her own home is very nice, she knows 3abn is on a budget when it comes to decorating and redoing sets.

I will not argue with you on this, since most of my information came to me from my wife, Irmgard, from the time we were at 3ABN. If Irmgard was not resting in her grave now, she might have told you a thing or two which you never noticed.

--------------------
"Any fact that needs to be disclosed should be put out now or as quickly as possible, because otherwise the bleeding will not end." (Attributed to Henry Kissinger)

"He who passively accepts evil is as much involved in it as he who helps to perpetrate it" (Martin Luther King)

"The truth can lose nothing by close investigation". (1888 Materials 38)

+Quote Post
SoulEspresso
post Jan 14 2008, 11:02 AM
Post #64

500 + posts
Group Icon

Member No.: 2,262

Something I've noticed when visiting TV sets ... the stuff only has to look nice. That doesn't mean it has to be nice. It can look like heirloom furniture, but that doesn't mean it is.

A million dollars might be a reasonable amount of money for a new studio, but I don't know what they cost these days. I bet it could be figured out from the Internet.

Whether it's appropriate to try to build a new studio at this point in 3ABN's history is something to to consider. That might be subjective though.

--------------------
"The entire world is falling apart because no one will admit they are wrong."
--
Don Miller, Blue Like Jazz.

+Quote Post
Johann
post Jan 14 2008, 11:22 AM
Post #65

1,000 + posts
Group Icon

From: Iceland, formerly Denmark, Norway, USA, Sierra Leone, Nigeria, Faeroe Islands. Bound for Heaven.
Member No.: 686

QUOTE(SoulEspresso @ Jan 14 2008, 05:02 PM) *
Something I've noticed when visiting TV sets ... the stuff only has to look nice. That doesn't mean it has to be nice. It can look like heirloom furniture, but that doesn't mean it is.

That is exactly how it was when I worked at 3ABN. The windows you see are not windows at all, but pictures of windows. The steps you see are steps, but lead to nowhere.

Many of the backdrops I saw at 3ABN were huge pictures which 3ABN had purchased at a cheap price because they were discarded by other TV stations. This was also true of several cameras and other equipment, I was informed. 3ABN was good at getting quality things at a low price. By quality I mean things that really looked good on TV. Storehouses were bursting with furniture and equipent for various standard programs, with unlimited possibilities of other setups.

This post has been edited by Johann: Jan 14 2008, 11:24 AM

--------------------
"Any fact that needs to be disclosed should be put out now or as quickly as possible, because otherwise the bleeding will not end." (Attributed to Henry Kissinger)

"He who passively accepts evil is as much involved in it as he who helps to perpetrate it" (Martin Luther King)

"The truth can lose nothing by close investigation". (1888 Materials 38)

+Quote Post
Seraphim7
post Jan 14 2008, 11:24 AM
Post #66

Heiress Josey
Group Icon

Group: Charter Member
Member No.: 6

QUOTE(Fran @ Jan 13 2008, 11:58 AM) *
This is the exact information I received too! It never pays to "put all your eggs in one basket!" In today's world, it takes many avenues for fundraising, not just one, that is for sure.

This week I watched 3ABN Today with Jim Gilley talking to Brenda Walsh. They are needing $1,000,000 ($1 million) to build a set for Kid's Time! Brenda was the almost perfect guest. She talks and talks and talks!

I got some laughs out of it. The Bloopers was cute; however, when she called the child on what he said a member of his family did. I was offended and embarrassed. Millions were watching. Brenda made sure she got the greatest praise for herself. It was on global TV. I felt really sorry for Joshua. How embarrassing.

Pastor Gilley's Grand-daughter was on and told how she sold her horse to donate for a new set for Kid's Time. I was impressed by her actions.

They kept adding new donations to the already received $93,000. After other donations added by kids and others, they were pushing the $100,000 mark. Just think, only about $900,000 to go. Will we ever see a new Kid's Time program?

Scripture tells us to treat children with the utmost care. It is sad to hear that a child was embarrassed at all. And truly unfortunate that it was done on a show that is aired internationally. sad.gif

It must be nice to be so well off that one can buy and sell such expensive animals. afro.gif

--------------------
WELCOME to BlackSDA from seraph|m, a BSDA Charter member.
Please Join us in The Married Forum and/or Sabbath School Lesson Study forums.

Then, come join us here, Live Chat Lesson Study ,for our Friday night study @ 8pm CST/9pm EST. The lesson can be found at Sabbath School Network (SSNET)

Motto- "Weapons of Mass Distraction, Have No Place Here. " "Qui tacet consentire videtur,"
Are not official staff mottos and are not endorsed by BSDA Management.

+Quote Post
PeacefulBe
post Jan 14 2008, 11:41 AM
Post #67

1,000 + posts
Group Icon

Member No.: 2,169

QUOTE(Seraphim7 @ Jan 14 2008, 09:24 AM) *
Scripture tells us to treat children with the utmost care. It is sad to hear that a child was embarrassed at all. And truly unfortunate that it was done on a show that is aired internationally. sad.gif

It must be nice to be so well off that one can buy and sell such expensive animals. afro.gif

Yes, children need to be treated with the utmost care.

I wondered about Fran's statement about a child being called on something they said. Perhaps Fran could share the details of what the child said and what Brenda said to embarrass said child so we could have more details to form our own intelligent opinions on. Otherwise, we are condeming Brenda on Fran's opinion of what she saw transpire without clear facts. There seems to be a lot of that going around lately.

--------------------
Got Peace?

John 14:27 Peace I leave with you; my peace I give you. I do not give to you as the world gives. Do not let your hearts be troubled and do not be afraid.

"Truth welcomes examination and doesn't need to defend itself, while deception hides in darkness and blames everyone else." Aunt B, 2007

+Quote Post
runner4him
post Jan 14 2008, 11:45 AM
Post #68

Advanced Member

Member No.: 3,427

After reading this email from Walt Thompson I am very concerned with his statement regarding his son, FHB.... "He has been one of the few who have been willing to sacrifice reputation, professional career, family, and whatever was needed to stand for truth - at the hand of some of you who have had no such conscience of right and wrong."

This statement sounds to me like Walt Thompson is saying BSDA and the ones on this forum have caused this great heartache for his son and the loss of his family, career, reputation or does Walt Thompson mean the defendents of the 3ABN law suit have caused these problems?

Does anyone know what this all means? I am dismayed and troubled by all this. sad.gif

---------- Forwarded message ----------
Date: Jan 11, 2008 8:42 AM
Subject: a request!
To: **************
Dear **************, Since you** have felt free to post my e mails in the past (against my better judgment), I would appreciate it if you would now post this one, unedited, and unchanged. For reasons that I think I have made quite clear to those I have corresponded with, I do not believe the Internet is the place to resolve conflicts of the nature that 3abn has experienced in recent years. Therefore, it is with a certain reticence that I make this request to you. Nor is it because my name has been posted as the source of FHB's information - but only to clarify a few issues that have arisen by that post. It is true that I am the father of FHB - a fact that many of you have known for a long time, having obtained the information fraudulently. The fact is, FHB has obtained his information from the same sources as most everyone else --by scratching for it - not from me. In fact, the assumption stated in the recent post is the very reason that I have not revealed private things to him. Yes, FHB may have one advantage over some of you. From childhood, I have reminded him of the farmhand in Uncle Arthur's Bedtime Stories who could "sleep through the storm." He knew that if he did his job right, he need not worry about the things that might happen during the night. FHB knows that that farmhand has been one whom I have emulated through life, so that when I told FHB I could sleep through the storm, he knew he need not fear. Nor do I agree with him for joining in the frivolity of his post (and similar posts by others). He is of age, and need not share his thoughts (and posts) with me. Having said this, I wish to make it clear that I am proud of FHB's sense of justice and desire for truth to be told. Were it not for him and a few others who have often not been permitted to post "sensitive" comments, many who read the forums would remain in the dark regarding the truth of the matters at hand. He has been one of the few who have been willing to sacrifice reputation, professional career, family, and whatever was needed to stand for truth - at the hand of some of you who have had no such conscience of right and wrong. (And though a few of you may be innocent, others of you are not, and you know who you are!) Even if everything negative that has been posted against 3abn and its leadership were true, (which it is not) that evil would not begin to compare with the demonic tactics being used by some of you. I have received considerable criticism for 3ABN taking certain persons to court in our attempts to tell the truth regarding events of recent years. Some express the belief that it is a sin to use the court system in the search for truth, implying thereby that it is morally, legally and ethically right to destroy innocent people and ministries via the Internet forums, e -mails, etc. where there are few governing laws and virtually no moral restraints, but that it is evil to use legitimate systems established to determine truth and promote justice. I fail to understand this sense of righteousness. What seems to have been over-looked here is that people, human beings for whom Jesus paid the infinite price, are being lost - while we play our little games. Matters it not that our Lord loves each one of us, and is not in favor of any one of us missing the glories He is preparing? Have you no such love for one another? Ought we all not rather be on our knees before the King of the Universe, pleading for the salvation of each other? Yes, I have stood beside the people at 3abn and defended them based upon what I have seen and experienced there, but it has not been without a deep sense of sadness for all of those who are hurting and/or misled. You are daily, and often many times daily, in my prayers, not asking God to strike any one of you with injury or death, but that somehow, you might find the peace and joy of knowing Him for who He really is - our Savior - who also desires to be our very best friend. We are living on the very edge of eternity. It is no time for any of us to be playing games. For none of us must be missing in that glad day. I am most grateful for those of you who, though perhaps confused as to what to believe, have joined in with frequent prayers of intercession, for 3ABN and for its determined enemies. Thank you--God is not deaf to our pleas! This note is submitted in the precious name of our Lord and Savior, Jesus Christ, Walter Thompson MD Chairman, 3abn Board of Directors

[/quote]

This post has been edited by runner4him: Jan 14 2008, 03:23 PM

+Quote Post
Seraphim7
post Jan 14 2008, 12:13 PM
Post #69

Heiress Josey
Group Icon

Oooo kay, so does this mean that the "urban" programing, that was claimed to be in the works, been scratched altogether?

Is that not a demographic they wish to target? Or are those people not worth the time or money they would have to invest for such an endeavor?

--------------------

Then, come join us here, Live Chat Lesson Study ,for our Friday night study @ 8pm CST/9pm EST. The lesson can be found at Sabbath School Network (SSNET)

Motto- "Weapons of Mass Distraction, Have No Place Here. " "Qui tacet consentire videtur,"

+Quote Post
PeacefulBe
post Jan 14 2008, 12:18 PM
Post #70

1,000 + posts
Group Icon

QUOTE(Seraphim7 @ Jan 14 2008, 10:13 AM) *
Oooo kay, so does this mean that the "urban" programing, that was claimed to be in the works, been scratched altogether?
Is that not a demographic they wish to target? Or are those people not worth the time or money they would have to invest for such an endeavor?

Sera, why would you deduce that the "urban" programming has been scratched? Which post has led you to that conculsion? I've been attempting to follow the thread but don't see where that is discussed.

PB

--------------------
Got Peace?

John 14:27 Peace I leave with you; my peace I give you. I do not give to you as the world gives. Do not let your hearts be troubled and do not be afraid.

"Truth welcomes examination and doesn't need to defend itself, while deception hides in darkness and blames everyone else." Aunt B, 2007

+Quote Post
Seraphim7
post Jan 14 2008, 12:22 PM
Post #71

Heiress Josey
Group Icon

QUOTE(PeacefulBe @ Jan 14 2008, 12:41 PM) *
Yes, children need to be treated with the utmost care.

I wondered about Fran's statement about a child being called on something they said. Perhaps Fran could share the details of what the child said and what Brenda said to embarrass said child so we could have more details to form our own intelligent opinions on. Otherwise, we are condeming Brenda on Fran's opinion of what she saw transpire without clear facts. There seems to be a lot of that going around lately.

Actually "we" are not, and have not, condemned Brenda... any more than you intend to condemn anyone for commenting.

--------------------

+Quote Post
Seraphim7
post Jan 14 2008, 12:43 PM
Post #72

Heiress Josey
Group Icon

QUOTE(PeacefulBe @ Jan 14 2008, 01:18 PM) *
Sera, why would you deduce that the "urban" programming has been scratched? Which post has led you to that conculsion? I've been attempting to follow the thread but don't see where that is discussed.

PB

... so does this mean...?

ques·tion (kwschn0
n.
a. An expression of inquiry that invites or calls for a reply.
b. An interrogative sentence, phrase, or gesture.

de·duce (d-ds, -dys)
tr.v. de·duced, de·duc·ing, de·duc·es
1. To reach (a conclusion) by reasoning.
2. To infer from a general principle; reason deductively: deduced from the laws of physics that the new airplane would fly.

I asked a question. I don't know where you got "deduced" from, but it wasn't from what I stated. Let's try again shall we. blink.gif

--------------------

+Quote Post
Seraphim7
post Jan 14 2008, 12:45 PM
Post #73

Heiress Josey
Group Icon

QUOTE(PeacefulBe @ Jan 14 2008, 01:18 PM) *

PB

... so does this mean...?

ques·tion (kwschn0
n.
a. An expression of inquiry that invites or calls for a reply.
b. An interrogative sentence, phrase, or gesture.

de·duce (d-ds, -dys)
tr.v. de·duced, de·duc·ing, de·duc·es
1. To reach (a conclusion) by reasoning.
2. To infer from a general principle; reason deductively: deduced from the laws of physics that the new airplane would fly.

I asked a question. I don't know how you got "deduce" from that, but it wasn't from what I stated. Let's try again shall we. blink.gif

--------------------

+Quote Post
lurker
post Jan 14 2008, 01:08 PM
Post #74

Advanced Member

Member No.: 676

Actually some of the sets in use now at 3ABN are virtual or computer generated sets. The actors are performing in front of blank or blue screens. I don't know why kids time couldn't do this with minimal real props.

And the urban channel seemed to me to be the carrot in front of the horse. Only promised as long as it was anticipated to have the desired effect. When the prospect of one didn't seem to be getting anyone excited other things were given priority and it was allowed to die a quiet death.

This post has been edited by lurker: Jan 14 2008, 01:11 PM

+Quote Post
PeacefulBe
post Jan 14 2008, 01:10 PM
Post #75

1,000 + posts
Group Icon

QUOTE(Seraphim7 @ Jan 14 2008, 10:22 AM) *
Actually "we" are not, and have not, condemned Brenda... any more than you intend to condemn anyone for commenting.

blink.gif

You are correct. Perhaps condemned was not the correct verb. Feel free to insert whatever verb you think more appropriate, because there was little evidence to weigh except for Fran's say so, andyet you stated that
Scripture tells us to treat children with the utmost care. It is sad to hear that a child was embarrassed at all. And truly unfortunate that it was done on a show that is aired internationally.

which, to me, sounds like you have determined that Brenda is guilty of having been careless with a child, embarassing him in front of the world. This might have been the way Fran interpreted the situation, and her interpretation may be correct, but now you have judged (or whatever verb you would like to use) Brenda guilty of that action without seeing the facts for yourself...

I was simply asking for more details before any of us turned Brenda's alleged heartless gaffe from opinion to "fact".

Condemn:
1: to declare to be reprehensible, wrong, or evil usually after weighing evidence and without reservation <a policy widely condemned as racist>
2 a: to pronounce guilty : convict b: sentence doom <condemn a prisoner to die>
3: to adjudge unfit for use or consumption <condemn an old apartment building>
4: to declare convertible to public use under the right of eminent domain

Judge:
1: to form an opinion about through careful weighing of evidence and testing of premises
2: to sit in judgment on : try
3: to determine or pronounce after inquiry and deliberation
4: govern rule —used of a Hebrew tribal leader
5: to form an estimate or evaluation of; especially : to form a negative opinion about <shouldn't judge him because of his accent>
6: to hold as an opinion : guess think <I judge she knew what she was doing>
intransitive verb
1: to form an opinion
2: to decide as a judge

--------------------
Got Peace?

+Quote Post

8 Pages V  « < 3 4 5 6 7 > » 
Reply to this topicStart new topic
1 User(s) are reading this topic (1 Guests and 0 Anonymous Users)
0 Members:

Lo-Fi Version Time is now: 23rd March 2008 - 01:32 PM
Design by: Download IPB Skins & eBusiness
BlackSDA has no official affiliation or endorsement from the Seventh-day Adventist church