Archive of http://www.blacksda.com/forums/index.php?showtopic=18959&st=45 preserved for the defense in 3ABN and Danny Shelton v. Joy and Pickle.
Links altered to maintain their integrity and aid in navigation, but content otherwise unchanged.
Saved at 02:32:26 PM on March 23, 2008.
IPB

Welcome Guest ( Log In | Register )

8 Pages V  « < 2 3 4 5 6 > »   
Reply to this topicStart new topic
> Factually Challenged?, Has Walt Thompson got the inside track or outside dilusion?
justice4jesus
post Jan 9 2008, 11:05 PM
Post #46

Advanced Member

Group: Members
Member No.: 4,268

QUOTE(Eduard @ Jan 9 2008, 04:30 PM) *
Calvin,

I am just curious: Was the fact that CPAATTY spoke unintelligibly enough reason for you to ban him from the site? I find this approach quite common in SDA circles - all those who express opposing viewpoints or "cause trouble" are driven away and shunned. Do you think this is a healthy way to deal with different points of view and with those who express them?

Eduard

Perhaps the only "SDA circles" you have been in are those involving Danny Shelton. That is certainly his method of choice!

Personally, I side with Calvin. Had it been me, I would have done the same thing.
Go to the top of the page

+Quote Post
Skyhook
post Jan 9 2008, 11:36 PM
Post #47

Advanced Member

Member No.: 2,121

QUOTE(PeacefulBe @ Jan 8 2008, 11:20 PM) *
Quite illuminating, Skyhook... I hope that CPATTY will be okay as time progresses and that Mrs. CPAATTY either understands him, has the patience to try or is so wealthy she can hire folks to listen to him for her.

On the other hand, I'm thinking he was using his experience here as material for a novel he wanted to write. "Ulysess 2" or "Portrait of the [con]Artist as a Young Dan" ?

This post has been edited by Skyhook: Jan 10 2008, 12:24 AM

+Quote Post
Fran
post Jan 13 2008, 10:58 AM
Post #48

500 + posts
Group Icon

Group: Financial Donor
Member No.: 529

QUOTE(Johann @ Jan 6 2008, 11:17 PM) *
Several, and two of them members of the 3ABN board, stated almost at the beginning that it made no difference if it was Linda or Danny who was telling the truth. The only thing that counted for them was how 3ABN would survive and prosper. Therefore they concluded Danny was a better choice because he could get the money.

And this is supposedly a Christian Ministry, and not a worldly business!

This is the exact information I received too! It never pays to "put all your eggs in one basket!" In today's world, it takes many avenues for fundraising, not just one, that is for sure.

This week I watched 3ABN Today with Jim Gilley talking to Brenda Walsh. They are needing $1,000,000 ($1 million) to build a set for Kid's Time! Brenda was the almost perfect guest. She talks and talks and talks!

I got some laughs out of it. The Bloopers was cute; however, when she called the child on what he said a member of his family did. I was offended and embarrassed. Millions were watching. Brenda made sure she got the greatest praise for herself. It was on global TV. I felt really sorry for Joshua. How embarrassing.

Pastor Gilley's Grand-daughter was on and told how she sold her horse to donate for a new set for Kid's Time. I was impressed by her actions.

They kept adding new donations to the already received $93,000. After other donations added by kids and others, they were pushing the $100,000 mark. Just think, only about $900,000 to go. Will we ever see a new Kid's Time program?

--------------------
The greatest want of the world is the want of men-- men who will not be bought or sold, men who in their inmost souls are true and honest, men who do not fear to call sin by its right name, men whose conscience is as true to duty as the needle to the pole, men who will stand for the right though the heavens fall. {Ed 57.3}
But such a character is not the result of accident; it is not due to special favors or endowments of Providence. A noble character is the result of self-discipline, of the subjection of the lower to the higher nature--the surrender of self for the service of love to God and man. {Ed 57.4}

+Quote Post
Daryl Fawcett
post Jan 13 2008, 11:18 AM
Post #49

Advanced Member

Member No.: 1,851

What's wrong with the present set?

--------------------
In His Love, Mercy, and Grace!

Daryl Fawcett
Administrator
Maritime SDA OnLine
http://www.maritime-sda-online.com

+Quote Post
Daryl Fawcett
post Jan 13 2008, 11:19 AM
Post #50

Advanced Member

Member No.: 1,851

Also, isn't a millions dollars for a set rather extravagant?

--------------------
In His Love, Mercy, and Grace!

Daryl Fawcett
Administrator
Maritime SDA OnLine
http://www.maritime-sda-online.com

+Quote Post
lurker
post Jan 13 2008, 11:40 AM
Post #51

Advanced Member

Member No.: 676

The present set is being used by 3ABN Latino. I believe they indicated that for two years they have been showing old programs and would like to tape some new ones. To me A million dollars does seem excessive but I have no experience with such things.

+Quote Post
Johann
post Jan 13 2008, 12:16 PM
Post #52

1,000 + posts
Group Icon

From: Iceland, formerly Denmark, Norway, USA, Sierra Leone, Nigeria, Faeroe Islands. Bound for Heaven.
Member No.: 686

QUOTE(lurker @ Jan 13 2008, 05:40 PM) *
The present set is being used by 3ABN Latino. I believe they indicated that for two years they have been showing old programs and would like to tape some new ones. To me A million dollars does seem excessive but I have no experience with such things.

Brenda Walsh might have an extremely expensive taste. When Brenda provided Danny with some of the *proofs* Danny needed to divorce Linda, Brenda re-decorated what Linda had done shortly before. Could have been quite an added expense for 3ABN, but what don't you do when the most important thing is to get rid of an unwanted person?

This post has been edited by Johann: Jan 13 2008, 12:20 PM

--------------------
"Any fact that needs to be disclosed should be put out now or as quickly as possible, because otherwise the bleeding will not end." (Attributed to Henry Kissinger)

"He who passively accepts evil is as much involved in it as he who helps to perpetrate it" (Martin Luther King)

"The truth can lose nothing by close investigation". (1888 Materials 38)

+Quote Post
PeacefulBe
post Jan 13 2008, 01:10 PM
Post #53

1,000 + posts
Group Icon

Member No.: 2,169

I am not a TV exec, or involved in production of television programming so am not speaking as an expert. However, I do know that preparing a studio set for a series has got to be expensive in this day and age. Do we know just what this $1million dollars will cover? Doubtful that it is simply for curtains, paint and daisies. Is it for an entire building, cameras, etc?

When they raise the money, get the set completed and have new programming in the can, then we can look and see if there are crystal chandeliers sitting on a solid gold grand piano and shimmering, rhinestone studded curtains over each custom-made stained glass window. Then we will see if Brenda has been extravagant.

There is nothing sinful about having a really nice set for a children's program channel that is to be beamed to little ones and their families around the world. Not sinful for 3abn, Hope or any other religious network.

Perhaps it is just me, but a few of the most recent comments about this almost sound like a group of frustrated little old ladies sitting around the bridge table talking smack about a talented woman who is doing something great for little children and who may or may not have betrayed a friend and who may or may not have done unseemly things with her friend's husband rather than a group of Christians discussing problems that need addressing.

May the Lord help us choose our battles appropriately, fight them according to HIS will and with HIS guidance.

--------------------
Got Peace?

John 14:27 Peace I leave with you; my peace I give you. I do not give to you as the world gives. Do not let your hearts be troubled and do not be afraid.

"Truth welcomes examination and doesn't need to defend itself, while deception hides in darkness and blames everyone else." Aunt B, 2007

+Quote Post
Clay
post Jan 13 2008, 05:11 PM
Post #54

5,000 + posts
Group Icon

Group: Administrator
Member No.: 4

ADMIN HAT ON:

It has come to my attention that the email posted in the OP of this thread may not have been done with the permission of either individual. Since, it seems to be obvious that Mr. Thompson did not give his permission nor provide you with the email, please be kind enough to contact the person that wrote the email to WT to confirm it is their wish that it be posted here at BSDA and provide a copy of their agreement without identifying who they are. You can PM me privately.... thread will be closed until I am contacted.

ADMIN HAT OFF:

--------------------
"you are as sick as your secrets...." -quote from Celebrity Rehab-

+Quote Post
Clay
post Jan 13 2008, 08:51 PM
Post #55

5,000 + posts
Group Icon

Group: Administrator
Member No.: 4

ADMIN HAT ON:

Thread has been reopened as proof has been provided that emails are not being posted without permission...... carry on....

ADMIN HAT OFF:

--------------------
"you are as sick as your secrets...." -quote from Celebrity Rehab-

+Quote Post
YogusBearus
post Jan 13 2008, 09:26 PM
Post #56

Advanced Member

Member No.: 2,905

QUOTE(Clay @ Jan 13 2008, 08:51 PM) *
ADMIN HAT ON:

Thread has been reopened as proof has been provided that emails are not being posted without permission...... carry on....

ADMIN HAT OFF:

Thanks Clay. I for one feel so much better about the "gotcha" tactics now.

-bear

--------------------

+Quote Post
sonshineonme
post Jan 13 2008, 09:28 PM
Post #57

1,000 + posts
Group Icon

Member No.: 1,709

QUOTE(Clay @ Jan 13 2008, 06:51 PM) *
ADMIN HAT ON:

ADMIN HAT OFF:

Thank you Clay.

Not only was there permission to have it posted (as stated here for all to see)...

-------- Original Message -------- Subject: Posting on BSDA "I sent you an email I received from Walter Thompson. I noticed Clay locked the thread that has my previous email on it because he thought there was no premission to post it from either party - me or Mr. Thompson. I am giving permission for the posting of the previous email and now the permission for Walter Thompson's recent email to me. Mr. Thompson demanded that it be posted and I want to help him out. Both emails can be posted. I have no problem with the posting of either email and apparently Mr. Thompson has no problem either as you or anyone can read his response to me. "

....Continuing...

that writer, and Mr. Thompson has also requested an additional email be posted (a "response" if you will from Mr Thompson regarding the original email that began this thread). Where noted by my added ** below at the beginning of his email, I will state here for the record that even though Mr. Thompson seems to think that the person he was exchanging emails with was the one who might have started this thread and this posting with the emails written, it is not so. IOW, sonshineonme (me) is not the one that was exchanging these above mentioned emails with Mr. Thompson. But clearly I do have permission to post them. Mr. Thompson should have no problem sharing his comments with everyone as he has told many people much the same and even more detailed information regarding why the save3abn website was closed in other emails to other folk who have written him regarding the same. If it's what he thinks is true, then he must stand behind it if he is going to tell it.

(IMO, the issue still remains - he has passed on details as to why it was closed, and he is wrong about his "facts". I will give him the benefit of the doubt that I don't believe he intentionally meant to tell things that were wrong in fact, but he obviously is spreading what he has been told, most likely from DS - and I hope at some point, he will go past the immediate fountain of information he gleans from and actually find out for himself the real facts.)

Here is an additional email I received that was written by the person who has given (and giving) permission for the emails to be posted, as well as Mr. Thompsons email response to him/her regarding this and as you will see, a little more information he would like to say.

-------- Original Message -------- Subject: Fwd: a request! Date: Sun, 13 Jan 2008 19:49:11 -0500 From: ************** To: **************
I am forwarding this email to you so that someone will post it on the BSDA web site per instructions from Walter Thompson, Chairman of the 3ABN Board. He wrote to me in response to questions I had. I am trying to do as he requested and get this email also posted without any editing but I noticed that Clay locked the thread. I am concerned since Walter Thompson insisted that this other email from him be posted as well. Can someone help me get this job done for him? Sincerely, **************

---------- Forwarded message ----------
Date: Jan 11, 2008 8:42 AM
Subject: a request!
To: **************

Dear **************, Since you** have felt free to post my e mails in the past (against my better judgment), I would appreciate it if you would now post this one, unedited, and unchanged. For reasons that I think I have made quite clear to those I have corresponded with, I do not believe the Internet is the place to resolve conflicts of the nature that 3abn has experienced in recent years. Therefore, it is with a certain reticence that I make this request to you. Nor is it because my name has been posted as the source of FHB's information - but only to clarify a few issues that have arisen by that post. It is true that I am the father of FHB - a fact that many of you have known for a long time, having obtained the information fraudulently. The fact is, FHB has obtained his information from the same sources as most everyone else --by scratching for it - not from me. In fact, the assumption stated in the recent post is the very reason that I have not revealed private things to him. Yes, FHB may have one advantage over some of you. From childhood, I have reminded him of the farmhand in Uncle Arthur's Bedtime Stories who could "sleep through the storm." He knew that if he did his job right, he need not worry about the things that might happen during the night. FHB knows that that farmhand has been one whom I have emulated through life, so that when I told FHB I could sleep through the storm, he knew he need not fear. Nor do I agree with him for joining in the frivolity of his post (and similar posts by others). He is of age, and need not share his thoughts (and posts) with me. Having said this, I wish to make it clear that I am proud of FHB's sense of justice and desire for truth to be told. Were it not for him and a few others who have often not been permitted to post "sensitive" comments, many who read the forums would remain in the dark regarding the truth of the matters at hand. He has been one of the few who have been willing to sacrifice reputation, professional career, family, and whatever was needed to stand for truth - at the hand of some of you who have had no such conscience of right and wrong. (And though a few of you may be innocent, others of you are not, and you know who you are!) Even if everything negative that has been posted against 3abn and its leadership were true, (which it is not) that evil would not begin to compare with the demonic tactics being used by some of you. I have received considerable criticism for 3ABN taking certain persons to court in our attempts to tell the truth regarding events of recent years. Some express the belief that it is a sin to use the court system in the search for truth, implying thereby that it is morally, legally and ethically right to destroy innocent people and ministries via the Internet forums, e -mails, etc. where there are few governing laws and virtually no moral restraints, but that it is evil to use legitimate systems established to determine truth and promote justice. I fail to understand this sense of righteousness. What seems to have been over-looked here is that people, human beings for whom Jesus paid the infinite price, are being lost - while we play our little games. Matters it not that our Lord loves each one of us, and is not in favor of any one of us missing the glories He is preparing? Have you no such love for one another? Ought we all not rather be on our knees before the King of the Universe, pleading for the salvation of each other? Yes, I have stood beside the people at 3abn and defended them based upon what I have seen and experienced there, but it has not been without a deep sense of sadness for all of those who are hurting and/or misled. You are daily, and often many times daily, in my prayers, not asking God to strike any one of you with injury or death, but that somehow, you might find the peace and joy of knowing Him for who He really is - our Savior - who also desires to be our very best friend. We are living on the very edge of eternity. It is no time for any of us to be playing games. For none of us must be missing in that glad day. I am most grateful for those of you who, though perhaps confused as to what to believe, have joined in with frequent prayers of intercession, for 3ABN and for its determined enemies. Thank you--God is not deaf to our pleas! This note is submitted in the precious name of our Lord and Savior, Jesus Christ, Walter Thompson MD Chairman, 3abn Board of Directors

--------------------
Here's the thing - "...if you pull "folks" into a fight you don't know what "weapon" they will bring." PrincessDrRe

"A man who digs a pit for others to fall into, will end up falling into it himself. And if a man rolls a stone on someone, the stone will roll back on him". Said Solomon the wise, Proverbs 26:27

"No man can follow Christ and go astray." William H.P. Faunce

"If I could hear Christ praying for me in the next room, I would not fear a million enemies. Yet distance makes no difference. He is praying for me." Robert M. McCheyne

Click here for Linda Shelton's newly updated website

+Quote Post
appletree
post Jan 13 2008, 11:19 PM
Post #58

Advanced Member

Member No.: 4,244

QUOTE(Johann @ Jan 13 2008, 12:16 PM) *
Brenda Walsh might have an extremely expensive taste. When Brenda provided Danny with some of the *proofs* Danny needed to divorce Linda, Brenda re-decorated what Linda had done shortly before. Could have been quite an added expense for 3ABN, but what don't you do when the most important thing is to get rid of an unwanted person?

Sorry Johann.

I believe I have had some personal experience where Brenda, decorating and spending money is concerned.
In the first place, Linda, pretty much, gave up the decorating when her and Brenda became close and, evidently, she decided Brenda had a talent for decorating. So, even though I am sure Linda gave her opinion before something was actually in place, I don't think Brenda redid any "decorating" that Linda had just done.
I also know Brenda's spending budget these past years was approved by Linda who made it clear she didn't want anything "cheap" on the sets.
After Linda left and Brenda did the decorating on her own....I have seen her come in with her purchases...from Walmart and Hobby Lobby. Hardly the most extravant stores around. Even though Brenda does have good taste and I am sure her own home is very nice, she knows 3abn is on a budget when it comes to decorating and redoing sets.

+Quote Post
Ozzie
post Jan 13 2008, 11:31 PM
Post #59

Advanced Member

Member No.: 2,395

QUOTE(appletree @ Jan 14 2008, 04:19 PM) *
Sorry Johann.

I believe I have had some personal experience where Brenda, decorating and spending money is concerned.
In the first place, Linda, pretty much, gave up the decorating when her and Brenda became close and, evidently, she decided Brenda had a talent for decorating. So, even though I am sure Linda gave her opinion before something was actually in place, I don't think Brenda redid any "decorating" that Linda had just done.
I also know Brenda's spending budget these past years was approved by Linda who made it clear she didn't want anything "cheap" on the sets.
After Linda left and Brenda did the decorating on her own....I have seen her come in with her purchases...from Walmart and Hobby Lobby. Hardly the most extravant stores around. Even though Brenda does have good taste and I am sure her own home is very nice, she knows 3abn is on a budget when it comes to decorating and redoing sets.

Just about sounds like Danny himself speaking doesn' it? oops.gif

--------------------
"It's important that people know what you stand for. It's equally important that they know what you won't stand for."
~ Mary Waldrop.

+Quote Post
appletree
post Jan 13 2008, 11:37 PM
Post #60

Advanced Member

Member No.: 4,244

QUOTE(PeacefulBe @ Jan 13 2008, 01:10 PM) *
I am not a TV exec, or involved in production of television programming so am not speaking as an expert. However, I do know that preparing a studio set for a series has got to be expensive in this day and age. Do we know just what this $1million dollars will cover? Doubtful that it is simply for curtains, paint and daisies. Is it for an entire building, cameras, etc?

When they raise the money, get the set completed and have new programming in the can, then we can look and see if there are crystal chandeliers sitting on a solid gold grand piano and shimmering, rhinestone studded curtains over each custom-made stained glass window. Then we will see if Brenda has been extravagant.

There is nothing sinful about having a really nice set for a children's program channel that is to be beamed to little ones and their families around the world. Not sinful for 3abn, Hope or any other religious network.

Perhaps it is just me, but a few of the most recent comments about this almost sound like a group of frustrated little old ladies sitting around the bridge table talking smack about a talented woman who is doing something great for little children and who may or may not have betrayed a friend and who may or may not have done unseemly things with her friend's husband rather than a group of Christians discussing problems that need addressing.

May the Lord help us choose our battles appropriately, fight them according to HIS will and with HIS guidance.

PB, you show some reasonable thinking in this post. A "really nice" set doesn't have to be extravant to be expensive. In that you are correct. There is so much more to a set than just what the viewer sees. There are lighting components, sound components, camera's, furniture and then, the big expense, the control room with a state of the art video board that controls the camera shots, does the editing and graphics and a sound board to control all of the audio. That includes cordless mics (very expensive), monitors, equalizers, so on and so on. There are cables, light filters, camera filters, speakers and specialized video equipment. All necessary to make a high quality, nice looking program. A million dollars for such a studio is not out of the ordinary. Especially since the children's sets need a lot of space for doing a variety of activities.
As for the little comment you inserted that Brenda may or may not have done unseemly things....Was that necessary? Anyone who knows Brenda and her sisters, doesn't even consider that kind of accusation as being true. I believe it was pointed out on this forum, some time ago, that when Brenda is at 3abn so are her sisters. They all stay in one apartment together and do their cooking, decorating, etc together. So the former accusations that Danny had been with Brenda in that apartment at some point, failed to mention that her sister's were there also. It has also not been mentioned that the Shelton brothers and the Mitcheff sisters have known each other since childhood. Their grandmother went to the West Frankfort church forever and the Mitcheff family came often to see their mother and grandmother. Whenever they did, pastor Mitcheff always spoke at WF church and the kids spent time together on that and many different occasions. So, a friendship since childhood hardly warrants accusations of "unseemly" behaviour. The proof that people have never fallen for Linda's accusations is the fact that the Mitcheff sisters are loved everywhere. They are invited to speak at churches all over the US, people love their cooking programs and are crazy about the kid shows. I repeat..anyone that knows them, knows how ridiculous such accusations are.

+Quote Post

8 Pages V  « < 2 3 4 5 6 > » 
Reply to this topicStart new topic
1 User(s) are reading this topic (1 Guests and 0 Anonymous Users)
0 Members:

Lo-Fi Version Time is now: 23rd March 2008 - 01:32 PM
Design by: Download IPB Skins & eBusiness
BlackSDA has no official affiliation or endorsement from the Seventh-day Adventist church