Archive of http://www.blacksda.com/forums/index.php?showtopic=19171&st=60 preserved for the defense in 3ABN and Danny Shelton v. Joy and Pickle.
Links altered to maintain their integrity and aid in navigation, but content otherwise unchanged.
Saved at 02:53:05 PM on March 23, 2008.
IPB

Welcome Guest ( Log In | Register )

8 Pages V  « < 3 4 5 6 7 > »   
Reply to this topicStart new topic
> Danny Shelton, Please Come Home!, It's time to stop running
justice4jesus
post Jan 14 2008, 08:43 AM
Post #61

Advanced Member

Group: Members
Member No.: 4,268

QUOTE(appletree @ Jan 14 2008, 12:23 AM) *
I agree with Ian and will add to that. No matter what experience you may have had with Danny or 3abn that doesn't make him guilty of the accusations that have been thrown at him, nor does it make you judge and jury. All your "public plea" does is prove you are doing exactly opposite of biblical instruction. You know the one.....If you have ought against your brother, go to he and he alone.....No where have I read to " go to the internet sites and spread gossip and speculation." I also agree with Dr. Walt's well worded and totally accurate email. Those of you who actually believe that Danny is guilty as charged are guilty of doing a greater wrong than what you have accused him of. You are guilty of going against biblical instruction in all areas where 3abn is concerned.
Please don't bother to quote scriptures about exposing sin in the camp. That is strictly for sin that has been witnessed and proven beyond a shadow of a doubt. Read what SOP has to say on this subject.

Appletree,

It surprises me not one bit that you would agree with Ian. You need not even tell me that.

My OP has absolutely nothing to do with any personal experience that I have ever had with Danny. While there have been times when I have not seen eye to eye with Danny on certain issues, he has never directly wronged me in any way. I do not hate him or wish him any misfortune. I just want him to "come home". I want the same for Tommy, even though, in the eyes of the world, I have sufficient "reason" to hate him (which I do not). In fact, I really probably should have included Tommy in my OP.

I can't believe I'm saying this, but I actually agree with you in one regard. My experiences with or feelings toward Danny do not make him guilty of the accusations which have been directed at him. Now for a point on which we will disagree....Danny has made himself guilty of at least some of these accusations, as has been proven time and time again on this site, Maritime, Save3ABN, and wherever else this issue has been discussed. Don't ask me for the proof....you're bound to have seen it already. I'm not one to keep bringing something up when I know you just simply refuse to accept it. I would do better in sharing this information with a brick wall.

In saying that I am wrong to call for Danny's repentance, you are also implying that it is wrong for someone to stand up in church and request prayer for someone, or even to go directly to the Lord with it, because that is not "going to the source" of the concern. You wanna rethink that? The fact is, Danny has been personally approached countless times, but he only shuts people off when this happens. What are we supposed to do then? Just drop it and "hope for the best"? I'll never believe that this is what the Lord wants us to do. I believe He wants us to be concerned for Danny and his spiritual well-being.

I've saved the biggest for last....I posted a well-intentioned plea for Danny to reconcile with God and those who have been hurt by his actions, and you actually have a problem with that! Congratulations, Appletree. You have left me speechless. There is no pleasant way to address that one.

All I can do from this point is to keep you in my prayers along with Danny and Tommy....or do you have a problem with that, too?
Go to the top of the page

+Quote Post
Shepherdswife
post Jan 14 2008, 09:02 AM
Post #62

Advanced Member

Member No.: 3,439

QUOTE(appletree @ Jan 14 2008, 12:49 AM) *
I take issue with your comment that Pickle has enough on Danny that he doesn't have to resort to questionable rumors. What is anymore questionable about this than anything else Pickle has presented. He has no proof of this or any of the other accusations he has made. He can get online and read tax forms and say well it looks like, or he can pump all kinds of people that seem to be, ex wives, ex employees or someone who doesn't seem to like Danny, and say this person and that person said that Danny and 3abn did so and so. But where is the proof? I say again....all manner of speculation, opinion, emails and heresay will not be accepted as proof in any federal court of law.

Which brings me back to my question of several months ago that was not answered. What is proof to you? Danny writing it out and notarizing it? If nothing that has come out in any form is proof of anything to you, I have to ask...what would it take to be proof to you?

huh.gif

I can't wait to hear...

+Quote Post
LaurenceD
post Jan 14 2008, 09:40 AM
Post #63

500 + posts
Group Icon

Member No.: 3,035

J4J, this must be the verse appletree meant to quote...
Matt 5:23-24 This is how I want you to conduct yourself in these matters. If you enter your place of worship and, about to make an offering, you suddenly remember a grudge a friend has against you, abandon your offering, leave immediately, go to this friend and make things right. Then and only then, come back and work things out with God.

...and if I understand it correctly, it means that, if going back in time quite a ways, maybe the marriage problems should have been made right first before taking them to the board or a world-wide TV audience for a one-sided show. One can't help but wonder how backwards things have gone. And I'm not talking about, "well we tried to get her to stop having an affair" I'm talking about what would cause someone to falsely accusing another of adultry, based on misinterpretation (until the other party agrees). That's what needs to be made right, first, before going on to God and praying for SOMEONE ELSE.

And I wouldn't stop there. Take it back even further. Why not make things right with the Dept. of Rev. and try to understand with an open mind what was wrong with the (3bn's) operation before going to God in prayer for help...then losing the first round--and perhaps final--of the tax case. How backwards can they get it? But no, stubborness and self-righteousness must mean one can ever be wrong...it's a mentality that it's ALWAYS the other that must be perceived as wrong. Hummm...some kind of righteousness.

--------------------
Disclaimer Notice: You are hereby cautioned that the information contained within these posts are for the sole purpose of provoking thought, adding fair comment on matters of public interest, and not providing factual information. These posts do not reflect the actual thoughts or intentions of the person writing under this username since said person is not in any position to know. No effort has been made to ensure the accuracy of any personal view, opinion, or hyperbole presented. Therefore, by disclosing, copying, or distributing these posts to others, such information must subsequently be confirmed in writing, signed and dated, by the actual person, or persons, posting behind username LaurenceD.

+Quote Post
Johann
post Jan 14 2008, 11:02 AM
Post #64

1,000 + posts
Group Icon

From: Iceland, formerly Denmark, Norway, USA, Sierra Leone, Nigeria, Faeroe Islands. Bound for Heaven.
Member No.: 686

QUOTE(LaurenceD @ Jan 14 2008, 03:40 PM) *
J4J, this must be the verse appletree meant to quote...
Matt 5:23-24 This is how I want you to conduct yourself in these matters. If you enter your place of worship and, about to make an offering, you suddenly remember a grudge a friend has against you, abandon your offering, leave immediately, go to this friend and make things right. Then and only then, come back and work things out with God.

...and if I understand it correctly, it means that, if going back in time quite a ways, maybe the marriage problems should have been made right first before taking them to the board or a world-wide TV audience for a one-sided show. One can't help but wonder how backwards things have gone. And I'm not talking about, "well we tried to get her to stop having an affair" I'm talking about what would cause someone to falsely accusing another of adultry, based on misinterpretation (until the other party agrees). That's what needs to be made right, first, before going on to God and praying for SOMEONE ELSE.

And I wouldn't stop there. Take it back even further. Why not make things right with the Dept. of Rev. and try to understand with an open mind what was wrong with the (3bn's) operation before going to God in prayer for help...then losing the first round--and perhaps final--of the tax case. How backwards can they get it? But no, stubborness and self-righteousness must mean one can ever be wrong...it's a mentality that it's ALWAYS the other that must be perceived as wrong. Hummm...some kind of righteousness.

How true. And we all have to take this warning, that we do not become pharisaic and self-reighteous.

--------------------
"Any fact that needs to be disclosed should be put out now or as quickly as possible, because otherwise the bleeding will not end." (Attributed to Henry Kissinger)

"He who passively accepts evil is as much involved in it as he who helps to perpetrate it" (Martin Luther King)

"The truth can lose nothing by close investigation". (1888 Materials 38)

+Quote Post
sister
post Jan 14 2008, 05:19 PM
Post #65

500 + posts
Group Icon

Member No.: 762

QUOTE(sister @ Jan 13 2008, 08:49 PM) *
This is not slander, I know the story that Bob mentioned and the individual involved. It is true. Perhaps it is time for another Chapter in "An Unauthorized History of 3ABN". The person in question is an ordained Seventh-day Adventist Pastor who was employed at 3ABN in the same capacity that Johann would later fill. At that time he opposed Danny Shelton being re-elected as an elder of the Thompsonville SDA Church, on the basis that the office of elder is not an honorary position and Danny did not meet the requirements of an elder. There is more to the story and it gives additional insight into the character of Danny Shelton... I will not rely on my memory to supply the details, but will contact the individual involved for more of the facts.

I have contacted the person involved and have started a new thread, "An Unauthorized History of 3ABN, Continues" with part one of his story.

+Quote Post
appletree
post Jan 14 2008, 05:46 PM
Post #66

Advanced Member

Member No.: 4,244

QUOTE(sister @ Jan 14 2008, 05:19 PM) *
I have contacted the person involved and have started a new thread, "An Unauthorized History of 3ABN, Continues" with part one of his story.

I will give this: You are really consistent about taking a few minor "true" details and then mixing it with your fiction. I certainly do look forward to watching you on on the stand, trying to prove your ficticious allegations in your "true" stories. Some people here actually think that you know what you are talking about, but the ones who have had first hand experience know different. The good thing about it is, that all your allegations and little stories have all been copied, saved and investigated so, it isn't like you can go burn the originals. When it all hit's the fan, you will be left holding the bag for "you know who."

+Quote Post
appletree
post Jan 14 2008, 05:51 PM
Post #67

Advanced Member

Member No.: 4,244

QUOTE(SoulEspresso @ Jan 14 2008, 12:41 AM) *
Danny is a television evangelist. He started a television station to evangelize. That in itself doesn't make him a bad person, although plenty of television evangelists have made wicked decisions. Lots of us have watched him on our screens and concluded that Danny has made wicked decisions, but then, we know that doesn't by itself mean he's going to the Second Resurrection instead of the First. There's time to repent! amen.gif

I'm glad you admitted that you have "watched" him on the screen and "concluded" that he has made wicked decisions. Watched and concluded says it all brother.

This post has been edited by appletree: Jan 14 2008, 05:51 PM

+Quote Post
princessdi
post Jan 14 2008, 06:10 PM
Post #68

5,000 + posts
Group Icon

Group: Administrator
Member No.: 47

So you are agreeing with me when I have said in the past that many people here have had a problem personally or with their jobs at 3abn. Maybe directly with Danny or other administration. Let me tell you something. There isn't a president/CEO alive that hasn't had conflict or had to fire a number of people in the course of a 23 year career and who hasn't made plenty of enemies because of it. Ministry or not, people will get fired who aren't doing their jobs. People get fired who are stabbing their place of employment in the back. People get fired when caught in "compromising situations." People also get fired when found doing something that would intentionally hurt the work place. The fact is, if Danny was actually hard hearted, a lot more people would have been given a "pink slip" than there actually has been. I have know of a number of instances when an employee, proven wrong beyond a shadow of a doubt, was given the choice of quitting or being fired. Quitting looks so much better on a resume doesn't it? Those instances are called "mercy." And, unless it is something incomprehensible, the employee was always given a warning, maybe several warnings about their behaviour before they were let go.

The bolded statment is true. However, it is how the execustive handles himself and the situation which is the key to his success and key to his character. From what I gather here from both sides is everybody is cared to cross Danny. Hi supporter throwing about bold threats os lawsuits, and thinly veiled ones of " we know who you are, and we will get you". His accusers hiding behind screen names, as if he is really going to "get them". Does not say much for his "christian " character. This si not the mob, or So IL bootleggers either.......... nonono.gif

Nex comment. Is that supposed to mean something when you advise a member to call the 800 number and ask for Danny? I don't get it. You ask for Danny you get the general manager and executive secretary who then decides whether to take a message or forward the call on to Danny. I believe that is standard in the work place.

But youse that is not what Ian, or Danny himself infer. They give the impression that if you call and ask for Danny he will not only answer your call, but each and every question you have to make sure you knwo the "whole" truth. Yo give a more plausible scenario, in that you proabaly might not get by the xec. sect'y and lucky if you get to the general manager. Now that sounds about right, but which is it?

How wrong you are ssom in judging Danny's heart and in making your accusations against him. You do not have a right to change any man's heart. You will be judged in the same manner as you judge other's. Your comments about not knowing if he even knows what a christian is and comparing him with a tv evangelist (which he is not) is inexcusable and makes me ask the question "do you know what a christian is?"

Now, what is wrong with him being a TV evangleist? I guess you could now claim that he isn't, but he wasn't doing anything any different form the rest of them. Same game, slightly different message. Now, what is more interesting is the entire tirade of righteous indignation about questioning Danny. The last two I heard do this in defense of two separate pastors.....one screaming at the top of her voice, in tears no less.......and the other so indignate and angry, yours truly had to send her for a time out.............but I don't know what to make of the man thing.......unless........Naw, maybe it's the reformulated koolaid....I wonder where they get it...........then there is this whole thing of Ian and Appletree getting highly upset about a sincere plea for Danny to come clean witht he things he has done wrong, basically follow and claim 1John 1:9...I only know of one or the influence of that one( and not The One) that would cause such an upset.........this is deep..........more like those Perretti books with each revelation here...........Let me think on this one a minute....... scratchchin.gif

--------------------
TTFN
Di

And we know that all things work together for good to them that love God, to them who are the called according to his purpose---Romans 8:28

A great many people believe they are thinking when they are merely rearranging their prejudices.-- William James

It is better to be silent and be thought a fool, than to speak and remove all doubt.- Mark Twain

+Quote Post
princessdi
post Jan 14 2008, 06:41 PM
Post #69

5,000 + posts
Group Icon

Group: Administrator
Member No.: 47

Uh Appletree, I know you are not threatening another member? Now we chaged the policy about IDs, but there has been on change in threats thinly vailed or just bold like this one. Just so you don't get it twisted, that is my Admin statement.

This is my member statement: See that is exactly what I was tlaking about, y'all on here trying to scare everybody out of bringing the dark to light. What does that really say about Danny's character, and yours for that matter?

QUOTE(appletree @ Jan 14 2008, 03:46 PM) *
I will give this: You are really consistent about taking a few minor "true" details and then mixing it with your fiction. I certainly do look forward to watching you on on the stand, trying to prove your ficticious allegations in your "true" stories. Some people here actually think that you know what you are talking about, but the ones who have had first hand experience know different. The good thing about it is, that all your allegations and little stories have all been copied, saved and investigated so, it isn't like you can go burn the originals. When it all hit's the fan, you will be left holding the bag for "you know who."

--------------------
TTFN
Di

And we know that all things work together for good to them that love God, to them who are the called according to his purpose---Romans 8:28

A great many people believe they are thinking when they are merely rearranging their prejudices.-- William James

It is better to be silent and be thought a fool, than to speak and remove all doubt.- Mark Twain

+Quote Post
GRAT
post Jan 14 2008, 09:29 PM
Post #70

Advanced Member

Member No.: 4,305

My question regarding Appletrees statements about conflict with employees in the 23 years of 3ABN is "What kind of people are you hiring there"? Sounds like you have a lot of trouble with people not doing their jobs, stabbing their place of employment in the back, "compromising situations", (personal bible studies must not be included) and intentionally hurting the work place. In my experience with ministries, which is not extensive, and what I know about them, most people who come to work at a ministry are dedicated people who want to work for the cause of God. How does 3ABM hire so many people who do not have the best interest of the ministry at heart? Are they paying so well that people want to come there just for the money or are they not good at hiring qualified and diligent employees? Yes, from time to time you will have to fire someone but this sounds like it is an ongoing problem, year after year with many people fired. There's "something rotten in Denmark".

+Quote Post
Daryl Fawcett
post Jan 15 2008, 08:21 AM
Post #71

Advanced Member

Member No.: 1,851

I would say that Danny Shelton being referred to as "the face of Adventism" would also place him in that category.

--------------------
In His Love, Mercy, and Grace!

Daryl Fawcett
Administrator
Maritime SDA OnLine
http://www.maritime-sda-online.com

+Quote Post
Ian
post Jan 15 2008, 01:16 PM
Post #72

Advanced Member

Member No.: 4,103

QUOTE(justice4jesus @ Jan 13 2008, 01:43 PM) *
As for the question about the long distance call, Ian either is referring to the toll-free number or he thinks he knows (and may actually know) who I am and where I live, neither of which bothers me. My true identity will be revealed here when the time is right. Right now, in my own heart and mind, I am not ready to do that.

I can tell by the tone of their comments that the apologists themselves have doubts about Danny, Tommy and the others involved. Why they will not face these doubts, I have no clue.

sigh..

I didn't suggest you call 3ABN, nor any toll free number.

I simply gave you the benefit of the doubt that you were telling the truth when you claimed you are a local, and further claimed you have known Danny Shelton personally for 30 years, and figured it wasn't long distance and you could then either pick up the phone and call him direct at his home, or on his cellphone if you wanted to talk to him.

In addition, Please don't try to tell things by "tone". As we can only read what is written here and go by that, and I know for sure that you are wrong about my tone and what you think it indicates. sad.gif

P.S. Am I the only one having difficulty finding the current posts and posters I made a note to reply to amidst all this bumping of threads going on for th past couple of days? I find it quite confusing and disruptive...

This post has been edited by Ian: Jan 15 2008, 01:26 PM

+Quote Post
justice4jesus
post Jan 15 2008, 01:44 PM
Post #73

Advanced Member

Member No.: 4,268

QUOTE(Ian @ Jan 13 2008, 03:21 AM) *
First, if you'd like to talk to Danny Shelton, please email him, instead of posting to the members here, or pick up your phone and call him, it's not long distance...

QUOTE(Ian @ Jan 15 2008, 01:16 PM) *
sigh..

I didn't suggest you call 3ABN, nor any toll free number.

Need I say more?

This post has been edited by justice4jesus: Jan 15 2008, 01:44 PM

+Quote Post
Johann
post Jan 15 2008, 03:44 PM
Post #74

1,000 + posts
Group Icon

From: Iceland, formerly Denmark, Norway, USA, Sierra Leone, Nigeria, Faeroe Islands. Bound for Heaven.
Member No.: 686

QUOTE(justice4jesus @ Jan 15 2008, 07:44 PM) *
Need I say more?

We got your message. It is clear and distinct.

--------------------
"Any fact that needs to be disclosed should be put out now or as quickly as possible, because otherwise the bleeding will not end." (Attributed to Henry Kissinger)

"He who passively accepts evil is as much involved in it as he who helps to perpetrate it" (Martin Luther King)

"The truth can lose nothing by close investigation". (1888 Materials 38)

+Quote Post
SoulEspresso
post Jan 15 2008, 06:55 PM
Post #75

500 + posts
Group Icon

Member No.: 2,262

QUOTE(appletree @ Jan 14 2008, 04:51 PM) *
I'm glad you admitted that you have "watched" him on the screen and "concluded" that he has made wicked decisions. Watched and concluded says it all brother.

Appletree, you can pretend that Danny hasn't said untrue things about his ex-wife, publicly. You can pretend he hasn't sent avatars and tried to spin all these documents and firsthand accounts. You can pretend he didn't violate Matthew 18, 1 Corinthians 6, and a raft of EGW teachings ... IOW you can even pretend he's not currently suing people who tried to follow the church's biblical teachings on conflict resolutions.

But it is Danny's visible, public behavior that is the finest evidence he is not fit to lead a public ministry.

We're really watching. It's too late to turn back the clock. The wheels are turning.

He could always withdraw from 3ABN; I suppose you've suggested that he do so, to spare 3ABN and the church any further embarrassment?

Edited to put an "ex" in front of "wife" in paragraph two, and to remove an extraneous "that" in paragraph 3. Later edited again to remove name calling and excessive brutality.

This post has been edited by SoulEspresso: Jan 15 2008, 07:20 PM

--------------------
"The entire world is falling apart because no one will admit they are wrong."
--
Don Miller, Blue Like Jazz.

+Quote Post

8 Pages V  « < 3 4 5 6 7 > » 
Reply to this topicStart new topic
1 User(s) are reading this topic (1 Guests and 0 Anonymous Users)
0 Members:

Lo-Fi Version Time is now: 23rd March 2008 - 01:53 PM
Design by: Download IPB Skins & eBusiness
BlackSDA has no official affiliation or endorsement from the Seventh-day Adventist church