Archive of http://www.blacksda.com/forums/index.php?showtopic=20348&st=405 preserved for the defense in 3ABN and Danny Shelton v. Joy and Pickle.
Links altered to maintain their integrity and aid in navigation, but content otherwise unchanged.
Saved at 11:44:32 AM on March 23, 2008.
IPB

Welcome Guest ( Log In | Register )

31 Pages V  « < 26 27 28 29 30 > »   
Reply to this topicStart new topic
> Rumors, Lies, & False Accusations Travel With Joy, Confronting AT and Gailon with Truth
Dona
post Mar 13 2008, 01:27 PM
Post #406

Advanced Member

Group: Members
Member No.: 4,296

notworking.gif

yawn.gif

Yes, these correctly depict the Laodicean church as described by the Amen, the faithful and true witness, the beginning of the creation of God. The church is not a denomination but God’s followers in the entire world in any denomination or religion. We are all being called out of the false teachings, diluted message and confusion in the world. “Many are called, but few are chosen.” We are not aware of our lukewarm spiritual condition and need to wake up so that we can be a living example and a light to bring others to His great light and the truth in His Word so that we all might be prepared to meet Him when He returns for us. The counsel from the true witness is not that we seek out and correct the sins of those around us. It is to counsel us to search within ourselves and see where we are wretched, miserable, poor, blind and naked and to repent. Also to seek Him that we may be sanctified daily, clothed with His righteousness and be anointed with His eyesalve that we can see.

Rev 3:14 And unto the angel of the church of the Laodiceans write; These things saith the Amen, the faithful and true witness, the beginning of the creation of God;

Rev 3:15 I know thy works, that thou art neither cold nor hot: I would thou wert cold or hot.

Rev 3:16 So then because thou art lukewarm, and neither cold nor hot, I will spue thee out of my mouth.

Rev 3:17 Because thou sayest, I am rich, and increased with goods, and have need of nothing; and knowest not that thou art wretched, and miserable, and poor, and blind, and naked:

Rev 3:18 I counsel thee to buy of me gold tried in the fire, that thou mayest be rich; and white raiment, that thou mayest be clothed, and [that] the shame of thy nakedness do not appear; and anoint thine eyes with eyesalve, that thou mayest see.

Rev 3:19 As many as I love, I rebuke and chasten: be zealous therefore, and repent.
Go to the top of the page

+Quote Post
Pickle
post Mar 13 2008, 04:19 PM
Post #407

1,000 + posts
Group Icon

Member No.: 1,960

QUOTE(Dona @ Mar 13 2008, 05:50 AM) *
Before anyone can dare to call a sin by its right name we must be sure it is sin.

Lying to one's board chairman to cover up child molestation allegations is indeed a sin.

If Danny didn't lie to Walt Thompson, he really should have explained the matter to me more than a year ago when Walt asked me to verify it.

This post has been edited by Pickle: Mar 13 2008, 04:20 PM

+Quote Post
princessdi
post Mar 13 2008, 04:52 PM
Post #408

5,000 + posts
Group Icon

Group: Administrator
Member No.: 47

That's all I'm saying.......I know I wouldn't want Bob on my tail with all those questions....just answer the questions from 5 years ago..answer the questions........That's all! 'Cuz at this pernt you oughtta know that Bob has all the time in the time world to keep on askin you these questions.....you have taken him to court, questioned his character, threaten and belitlled him about him asking these questions and he still is asking them. You have lost many a supporter(financial and viewer) by doing everything but answering these questions..Answer the questions!

On second thought, don't just answer the questions....tell the truth and shame the devil, as the old folks say!

--------------------
TTFN
Di

And we know that all things work together for good to them that love God, to them who are the called according to his purpose---Romans 8:28

A great many people believe they are thinking when they are merely rearranging their prejudices.-- William James

It is better to be silent and be thought a fool, than to speak and remove all doubt.- Mark Twain

+Quote Post
Dona
post Mar 13 2008, 05:56 PM
Post #409

Advanced Member

Member No.: 4,296

I really don't know what anyone expected to be done then or now. The police did not find anything to press it. The church, when questioned, did not know a thing about it. By the way it was not an SDA church. Are we to just hear something and each go about doing our own investigation, assuming what we were told is true, and then when we find there is no actual proof to go on, just take it in our own hands and go about slandering and maligning and being an accuser of the bretheren because they don't do as we want? I don't think so. Would we want to be treated like that? Is it the responsibility of an employer, or the head of a board of a business to go about and investigate every thing that comes to them as rumor when there were no formal charges made, little lone a court hearing or verdict of guilty about an employee. I don't think so. "Do unto others as ye would have them do unto you" is still the golden rule.

Dona

+Quote Post
princessdi
post Mar 13 2008, 06:13 PM
Post #410

5,000 + posts
Group Icon

Uh Dona, I guess you are talking about Tommy Shelton and his problem with young boys. Nobody is denying at that. He doesn't even deny it. He and his family just want everyone including his victims to "move on" without a "decent" apology or even an acknowledgement for some, from Tommy. And what difference does it make that it was an Adventist church.. Is the offense much less if the children are not Adventist, Is that what you believe? There is NO excusing this one, Dona. Way back when it was being discussed in detail tommy's defenders were only trying ti make 17 leagal age for consent and trying to prove that the acts were consentual. They weren't even denying it.

QUOTE(Dona @ Mar 13 2008, 04:56 PM) *
I really don't know what anyone expected to be done then or now. The police did not find anything to press it. The church, when questioned, did not know a thing about it. By the way it was not an SDA church. Are we to just hear something and each go about doing our own investigation, assuming what we were told is true, and then when we find there is no actual proof to go on, just take it in our own hands and go about slandering and maligning and being an accuser of the bretheren because they don't do as we want? I don't think so. Would we want to be treated like that? Is it the responsibility of an employer, or the head of a board of a business to go about and investigate every thing that comes to them as rumor when there were no formal charges made, little lone a court hearing or verdict of guilty about an employee. I don't think so. "Do unto others as ye would have them do unto you" is still the golden rule.

Dona

--------------------
TTFN
Di

And we know that all things work together for good to them that love God, to them who are the called according to his purpose---Romans 8:28

A great many people believe they are thinking when they are merely rearranging their prejudices.-- William James

It is better to be silent and be thought a fool, than to speak and remove all doubt.- Mark Twain

+Quote Post
Fran
post Mar 13 2008, 06:53 PM
Post #411

500 + posts
Group Icon

Group: Financial Donor
Member No.: 529

QUOTE(princessdi @ Mar 13 2008, 06:13 PM) *
Uh Dona, I guess you are talking about Tommy Shelton and his problem with young boys. Nobody is denying at that. He doesn't even deny it. He and his family just want everyone including his victims to "move on" without a "decent" apology or even an acknowledgement for some, from Tommy. And what difference does it make that it was an Adventist church.. Is the offense much less if the children are not Adventist, Is that what you believe? There is NO excusing this one, Dona. Way back when it was being discussed in detail Tommy's defenders were only trying ti make 17 legal age for consent and trying to prove that the acts were consensual. They weren't even denying it.

Most every question can be answered with documentation already presented or being saved for court.. We just haven't seen it all. Some things will best shown in court. Remember that is best not to reveal everything before the trial. The really, really hard fast documentation will appears as it is needed.

I stand on the side that has brought documented facts forward. Duh; That would be Gailon Joy and Bob Pickle.

Just a thought; Could sister be Brenda Walsh? She would know all that intimate stuff. There is no wrath as great as the wrath of a women scorned. roflmao.gif

--------------------
The greatest want of the world is the want of men-- men who will not be bought or sold, men who in their inmost souls are true and honest, men who do not fear to call sin by its right name, men whose conscience is as true to duty as the needle to the pole, men who will stand for the right though the heavens fall. {Ed 57.3}
But such a character is not the result of accident; it is not due to special favors or endowments of Providence. A noble character is the result of self-discipline, of the subjection of the lower to the higher nature--the surrender of self for the service of love to God and man. {Ed 57.4}

+Quote Post
ex3ABNemployee
post Mar 13 2008, 07:14 PM
Post #412

Advanced Member

Member No.: 2,722

QUOTE(appletree @ Mar 12 2008, 02:58 AM) *
There is one big difference. Anything I say I know as fact and can back it up in court if I have to.
BTW if you think what little has been said concerning Linda is grounds for a defamation suit, I'm sure you will completely agree that 3abn had a defamation suit against Pickle/Joy. What those men have said makes everyone else's comments look like child play.

Then why was I not sued as well? I gave them some of the material that was posted on the website.

Could it be because of the email I have from Tommy? I hear that it caused quite a furor in 3ABN land when it was discovered I had it. Of course I'm sure I was misinformed about that, huh?

--------------------
Duane Clem

It's not about religion, it's about a relationship.

Gems of Wisdom
"Lisa and Ronda are not Danny's biological father." -- wwjd, 2/8/07
"Watchbird, The facts prove the above lie." -- wwjd, 2/13/07
"Another lie that can be proven..." -- Bystander, 3/18/07
"The thing about lies is they can be proven." -- Aletheia, 3/22/07
"I am not here to argue" -- Aletheia, 4/24/07
"She didn't move to 3ABN, she moved to Illinois" -- Aletheia, 4/25/07
"Hope is liberal. 3abn is not." -- steffan, 6/9/07
"Danny Shelton does not decide what goes on the air, period." -- appletree, 8/22/07

http://www.save-3abn.com/
http://www.investigating3abn.info/
http://rescue3abn.blog.com/
http://www.abundantrest.org/?p=74
http://abundantrest.org/2007/02/18/3abn-sa...ons-retirement/
http://anewsabbathschool.blogspot.com/2006...ain-wrecks.html
http://cafesda.blogspot.com/2006/08/atoday...bn-news_21.html
http://www.atoday.com/email/2007/02/12/
http://spectrummagazine.typepad.com/the_sp...eans_and_e.html

+Quote Post
GRAT
post Mar 13 2008, 07:49 PM
Post #413

Advanced Member

Member No.: 4,305

QUOTE(Dona @ Mar 13 2008, 12:27 PM) *
notworking.gif

yawn.gif

Yes, these correctly depict the Laodicean church as described by the Amen, the faithful and true witness, the beginning of the creation of God. The church is not a denomination but God’s followers in the entire world in any denomination or religion. We are all being called out of the false teachings, diluted message and confusion in the world. “Many are called, but few are chosen.” We are not aware of our lukewarm spiritual condition and need to wake up so that we can be a living example and a light to bring others to His great light and the truth in His Word so that we all might be prepared to meet Him when He returns for us. The counsel from the true witness is not that we seek out and correct the sins of those around us. It is to counsel us to search within ourselves and see where we are wretched, miserable, poor, blind and naked and to repent. Also to seek Him that we may be sanctified daily, clothed with His righteousness and be anointed with His eyesalve that we can see.

Rev 3:14 And unto the angel of the church of the Laodiceans write; These things saith the Amen, the faithful and true witness, the beginning of the creation of God;

Rev 3:15 I know thy works, that thou art neither cold nor hot: I would thou wert cold or hot.

Rev 3:16 So then because thou art lukewarm, and neither cold nor hot, I will spue thee out of my mouth.

Rev 3:17 Because thou sayest, I am rich, and increased with goods, and have need of nothing; and knowest not that thou art wretched, and miserable, and poor, and blind, and naked:

Rev 3:18 I counsel thee to buy of me gold tried in the fire, that thou mayest be rich; and white raiment, that thou mayest be clothed, and [that] the shame of thy nakedness do not appear; and anoint thine eyes with eyesalve, that thou mayest see.

Rev 3:19 As many as I love, I rebuke and chasten: be zealous therefore, and repent.

I don't know about yawn.gif but for notworking.gif it's still notworking.gif notworking.gif notworking.gif. You can beat me over the head with scripture all you want .

+Quote Post
Ian
post Mar 13 2008, 07:56 PM
Post #414

Advanced Member

Member No.: 4,103

QUOTE(princessdi @ Mar 13 2008, 06:13 PM) *
Uh Dona, I guess you are talking about Tommy Shelton and his problem with young boys. Nobody is denying at that. He doesn't even deny it. He and his family just want everyone including his victims to "move on" without a "decent" apology or even an acknowledgement for some, from Tommy. And what difference does it make that it was an Adventist church.. Is the offense much less if the children are not Adventist, Is that what you believe? There is NO excusing this one, Dona. Way back when it was being discussed in detail tommy's defenders were only trying ti make 17 leagal age for consent and trying to prove that the acts were consentual. They weren't even denying it.

Diane it has been denied, and what you are doing is repeating a lie. Only Duane had a inapropriate relationship with TS and why can't be discussed here as it's off limits, but if he gets to go to court as he seems to be saying he wants to here, it won't be... He was past legal age.

Do you know any young boys who were molested? Do you know any charges filed? any statements made?

No, you don't! You just know that people with an axe to grinf claim there are, as the others here do. Get outraged all you want about how bad child molestation is, and I'll agree with you, but in this case it isn't in evidence, anywhere.

And unless you have proof to the contrary here, I think the christian thing to do right now would be to drop it.

`` Ian

+Quote Post
ex3ABNemployee
post Mar 13 2008, 08:20 PM
Post #415

Advanced Member

QUOTE(Ian @ Mar 13 2008, 08:56 PM) *
Diane it has been denied, and what you are doing is repeating a lie.

No, she is repeating what you want everyone to believe is a lie.

Only Duane had a inapropriate relationship with TS and why can't be discussed here as it's off limits, but if he gets to go to court as he seems to be saying he wants to here, it won't be... He was past legal age.

Glad someone finally admits it happened. Since Tommy was a minister, there are other factors besides legal age involved.

Do you know any young boys who were molested? Do you know any charges filed? any statements made?

I do.

No, you don't! You just know that people with an axe to grinf claim there are, as the others here do. Get outraged all you want about how bad child molestation is, and I'll agree with you, but in this case it isn't in evidence, anywhere.

How do you know there isn't evidence? You don't know that any more than we know Danny has evidence of Linda's "affair" with the doctor.

And unless you have proof to the contrary here, I think the christian thing to do right now would be to drop it.

Actually, the Christian thing would be for Tommy to be a man and admit what he did. That would go a long way in helping folks get over this.

`` Ian

--------------------
Duane Clem

Gems of Wisdom
"Danny Shelton does not decide what goes on the air, period." -- appletree, 8/22/07

+Quote Post
PrincessDrRe
post Mar 13 2008, 09:33 PM
Post #416

PrincessDrRe
Group Icon

Group: Financial Donor
Member No.: 712

.....the more you try to cover up the smell of funk with perfume...the worse it smells.....

--------------------
*"Some folks use their ignorance like a umbrella. It covers everything, they perodically take it out from time to time, but it never is too far away from them."*
PrincessDrRe; March, 2007

~"Blood = Meat, Face = Meat, Internal "Organs" = Meat - you can try to make it cuter; but it's still meat...."~
PrincessDrRe; September, 2007

*(NOTE: Any advice given by Re' Silvey, MSW is not to be taken as medical/mental health advice. Although trained to be a counselor, currently employed as a therapist, and currently pursuing her PhD in Counseling Psychology (ABD/I) - she is not your assigned therapist. Please consult a mental health professional of your choice for a face-to-face consultation.)*

+Quote Post
PeacefulBe
post Mar 13 2008, 10:04 PM
Post #417

1,000 + posts
Group Icon

Member No.: 2,169

QUOTE(Ian @ Mar 13 2008, 06:56 PM) *
Diane it has been denied, and what you are doing is repeating a lie. Only Duane had a inapropriate relationship with TS and why can't be discussed here as it's off limits, but if he gets to go to court as he seems to be saying he wants to here, it won't be... He was past legal age.

`` Ian

Ian, there is some very convincing documentation that this was far more than an "inappropriate relationship". There's the email from TS and the accounts from Duane himself. That is about as first person as you can get. With the evidence we have seen and no documentation to refute it, we can't in all honesty say that Duane had an inappropriate relationship with TS. The evidence strongly indicates that he was taken advantage of by a pastor he loved and trusted. Did TS believe he was exploiting Duane? I don't know that. He may or may not have been aware of it himself. Per the email, he did at least partially come to understand and acknowledge it.

Most here on this forum don't know with a certainty that others were taken advantage of. Few have come here and given their testimonies. If there are others, I hope they will have the courage to break free of the silence and take their lives back. I attended a seminar recently given by Ron and Nancy Rockey. One thing that I learned was that it is often not until the mid-30s that abuse victims even begin to understand that what they experienced was abuse. Until then, it has been painful and a source of shame, yet a "normal" part of a sad life for all who have experienced it.

I've been staying out of these discussions for some time because they have become so contentious. I am setting aside that self-imposed policy because I feel compelled to openly support Duane and the challenging journey he is on. For any of us here to try to villify or cast aspersions on any other human being is simply not productive. We are all human beings who have fallen to some degree (most anyway) and are beloved by our Savior; Duane, Danny, Linda, Tommy and every member here. We are all in need of repair and growth. Maybe we could put our heads together and figure out 1, what truly is our duty in all of this and 2, how can we discuss it in a way that would meet the approval of the One who really knows all truth.

--------------------
Got Peace?

John 14:27 Peace I leave with you; my peace I give you. I do not give to you as the world gives. Do not let your hearts be troubled and do not be afraid.

"Truth welcomes examination and doesn't need to defend itself, while deception hides in darkness and blames everyone else." Aunt B, 2007

+Quote Post
Ian
post Mar 13 2008, 10:28 PM
Post #418

Advanced Member

Member No.: 4,103

QUOTE(PeacefulBe @ Mar 13 2008, 10:04 PM) *
Ian, there is some very convincing documentation that this was far more than an "inappropriate relationship". There's the email from TS and the accounts from Duane himself. That is about as first person as you can get. With the evidence we have seen and no documentation to refute it, we can't in all honesty say that Duane had an inappropriate relationship with TS. The evidence strongly indicates that he was taken advantage of by a pastor he loved and trusted. Did TS believe he was exploiting Duane? I don't know that. He may or may not have been aware of it himself. Per the email, he did at least partially come to understand and acknowledge it.

Most here on this forum don't know with a certainty that others were taken advantage of. Few have come here and given their testimonies. If there are others, I hope they will have the courage to break free of the silence and take their lives back. I attended a seminar recently given by Ron and Nancy Rockey. One thing that I learned was that it is often not until the mid-30s that abuse victims even begin to understand that what they experienced was abuse. Until then, it has been painful and a source of shame, yet a "normal" part of a sad life for all who have experienced it.

I've been staying out of these discussions for some time because they have become so contentious. I am setting aside that self-imposed policy because I feel compelled to openly support Duane and the challenging journey he is on. For any of us here to try to villify or cast aspersions on any other human being is simply not productive. We are all human beings who have fallen to some degree (most anyway) and are beloved by our Savior; Duane, Danny, Linda, Tommy and every member here. We are all in need of repair and growth. Maybe we could put our heads together and figure out 1, what truly is our duty in all of this and 2, how can we discuss it in a way that would meet the approval of the One who really knows all truth.

That's fine PB, I respect your concern here, and can agree with your feelings but disagree with how and who you apply it to.

But none of that changes the fact that Tommy Shelton has been accused of Child molestation, repeatedly. And 3ABN has repeatedly been accused of covering that up and endangering children.

And that is a lie, that repeated accusation has never been proved to have any merit, and arguments about, or by, or with Duane Clem will never prove that.

Blessings--

+Quote Post
princessdi
post Mar 13 2008, 10:46 PM
Post #419

5,000 + posts
Group Icon

Ian, you need to go back and read, there were more than Duane's testimony.

And on another note...why didn't ya'll jes read the rest of the site, or better yet PM me. I would have told you anything you wanted to know. By just reading you would have found out where I go to church what my pastor's name is and a whole lot of other into...........Y'all are just really triflin' and a hot mess!

QUOTE(Ian @ Mar 13 2008, 06:56 PM) *

`` Ian

--------------------
TTFN
Di

+Quote Post
ex3ABNemployee
post Mar 13 2008, 11:23 PM
Post #420

Advanced Member

QUOTE(Ian @ Mar 13 2008, 11:28 PM) *
That's fine PB, I respect your concern here, and can agree with your feelings but disagree with how and who you apply it to.

But none of that changes the fact that Tommy Shelton has been accused of Child molestation, repeatedly. And 3ABN has repeatedly been accused of covering that up and endangering children.

And that is a lie, that repeated accusation has never been proved to have any merit, and arguments about, or by, or with Duane Clem will never prove that.

Blessings--

Ok, let's approach this from another angle...

I have an email from Tommy where he admits he did some inappropriate things to me and said it was all his fault. You even said in a previous post that there was an "inappropriate relationship." No one seems to deny that.

Are you forgetting that I didn't come forward until AFTER other victims did? Some accounts were on this forum and save3abn.com, some were years ago at the Ezra church. Yet, Tommy admits what he did to me, and you want to say there's no proof it ever happened before.

Sorry, your argument is full of holes. I think you need to watch what you call a lie.

--------------------
Duane Clem

Gems of Wisdom

+Quote Post

31 Pages V  « < 26 27 28 29 30 > » 
Reply to this topicStart new topic
1 User(s) are reading this topic (1 Guests and 0 Anonymous Users)
0 Members:

Lo-Fi Version Time is now: 23rd March 2008 - 10:44 AM
Design by: Download IPB Skins & eBusiness
BlackSDA has no official affiliation or endorsement from the Seventh-day Adventist church