Archive of http://www.blacksda.com/forums/index.php?showtopic=8572&st=480 preserved for the defense in 3ABN and Danny Shelton v. Joy and Pickle.
Links altered to maintain their integrity and aid in navigation, but content otherwise unchanged.
Saved at 02:50:16 PM on March 23, 2008.
IPB

Welcome Guest ( Log In | Register )

49 Pages V  « < 31 32 33 34 35 > »   
Reply to this topicStart new topic
> Danny Shelton Marries....again, 3abn
summertime
post Apr 30 2006, 09:32 AM
Post #481

Advanced Member

Group: Members
Member No.: 1,655

QUOTE(Zephyr @ Apr 30 2006, 05:18 AM) [snapback]128512[/snapback]

I have seen good spin doctoring and I know a outhpiece when I see one...this takes the cake. From "contact" to "personal relationship" with not a shred of evidence...

For a moment I thought this was someone playing Devil's Advocate...Now I am sure advocacy has nothing to do with it. What clicnhed it was the clear false witness testimony about what God did and what he will do...

Linda was a wife, and a Mother. Danny came on 3ABN, holding the paper up over his face, saying that he would rather be anywhere else than where he was at that moment. He might have been better off if he had been. And about the COB--The Chairman of the Board of another large entiry who is now on trial for theivery, says that he really didn't know what was going on--He believed only what he was told. That is probably the case in most companies. The COB have a lot of say and they really know nothing--they walk through the halls of the company, (or through the doctored books)--maybe 3 or 4 times a year---they do not see the daily activities of the entity in which they are the representitive An accountant told me that their company kept 2 sets of books--one for the stockholders and one for the IRS.

The problem was between Danny and Linda, and there was no reason for the whole world to be drug into this mess. He brought the 3ABN listeners into this in order to make himself look good and Linda look bad. I am not saying she did all things right, but he was the one who came on stage and tried to bring well known pastors and 'counselors' into the open arena. If my husband had done this to me, even if I was getting counseling from a 'trained counselor' 6000 miles away. I would have said 'no' also. So Danny could bring in a whole range of pastors and counselors into the picture, but if Linda had long distance 'counseling' from a competent 'pastor and counselor', she was breaking up the marriage? This last letter from 'woof' has great shades of the letters that I have read written by the COB himself. It was a familiar recording of the same facts that have been distributed to the whole world.

written by summertime
Go to the top of the page

+Quote Post
AmeliaLD
post Apr 30 2006, 01:31 PM
Post #482

Advanced Member

Member No.: 1,692

*Tacking on

I scanned this thread but didnt find (doesnt mean it isnt there) the letter from Dr. Walter Thompson . Did you see it and post it here?

Amelia

--------------------
IPB Image

+Quote Post
PrincessDrRe
post Apr 30 2006, 01:38 PM
Post #483

PrincessDrRe
Group Icon

Group: Financial Donor
Member No.: 712

QUOTE(Clay @ Apr 30 2006, 01:26 AM) [snapback]128509[/snapback]

.... one more time, just in case you don't believe it.... "This is NOT sabbath school, we pay attention...."

Get it...

Got it...

Good!
spoton.gif

--------------------
*"Some folks use their ignorance like a umbrella. It covers everything, they perodically take it out from time to time, but it never is too far away from them."*
PrincessDrRe; March, 2007

~"Blood = Meat, Face = Meat, Internal "Organs" = Meat - you can try to make it cuter; but it's still meat...."~
PrincessDrRe; September, 2007

*(NOTE: Any advice given by Re' Silvey, MSW is not to be taken as medical/mental health advice. Although trained to be a counselor, currently employed as a therapist, and currently pursuing her PhD in Counseling Psychology (ABD/I) - she is not your assigned therapist. Please consult a mental health professional of your choice for a face-to-face consultation.)*

+Quote Post
Johann
post Apr 30 2006, 02:58 PM
Post #484

1,000 + posts
Group Icon

From: Iceland, formerly Denmark, Norway, USA, Sierra Leone, Nigeria, Faeroe Islands. Bound for Heaven.
Member No.: 686

QUOTE(AmeliaLD @ Apr 30 2006, 09:31 PM) [snapback]128539[/snapback]

*Tacking on

I scanned this thread but didnt find (doesnt mean it isnt there) the letter from Dr. Walter Thompson . Did you see it and post it here?

Amelia

You will find it on the Adventist Forum.

--------------------
"Any fact that needs to be disclosed should be put out now or as quickly as possible, because otherwise the bleeding will not end." (Attributed to Henry Kissinger)

"He who passively accepts evil is as much involved in it as he who helps to perpetrate it" (Martin Luther King)

"The truth can lose nothing by close investigation". (1888 Materials 38)

+Quote Post
HUGGINS130
post Apr 30 2006, 04:23 PM
Post #485

5,000 + posts
Group Icon

Member No.: 339

Calvin I am going to join you in lurkers status on this one too...there's just too many Baseball and Basketball games I can enjoy right now instead of worrying about this...it's interesting, but I don't like drama...not one bit!!! biggrin.gif

+Quote Post
Clay
post Apr 30 2006, 04:29 PM
Post #486

5,000 + posts
Group Icon

Group: Administrator
Member No.: 4

QUOTE(HUGGINS130 @ Apr 30 2006, 05:23 PM) [snapback]128556[/snapback]

Calvin I am going to join you in lurkers status on this one too...there's just too many Baseball and Basketball games I can enjoy right now instead of worrying about this...it's interesting, but I don't like drama...not one bit!!! biggrin.gif

get back on the porch T.... this one is for the big dogs.....LOL (just messin)

--------------------
"you are as sick as your secrets...." -quote from Celebrity Rehab-

+Quote Post
Clay
post Apr 30 2006, 07:46 PM
Post #487

5,000 + posts
Group Icon

Group: Administrator
Member No.: 4

QUOTE(sister @ Apr 30 2006, 08:39 PM) [snapback]128592[/snapback]

Clay, the problem may be that Mr. Shelton has not read his Bible enough to know that we are supposed to "test the Spirits" and if the voice he hears does not agree with the Word of God, he best pick up his feet and compense to start a runnin'. That he attributes this voice to God, don't make it rightly so. And comparing the "good book" with the actions of Mr. Danny, they are not even in the same ballpark. Just a thought...

well IMO those who belong to Christ know his voice... it is unmistakable... perhaps the issue is he is not familiar with "His" voice... since I don't know Mr. Shelton, I cannot say how familiar he is with Christ... although... Christ said, Love your enemies, pray for those who mistreat you. He said that if a person asks for your coat, give them your coat and your shirt.... in this case it seems that Mr. Shelton's course of action has been the complete opposite...

--------------------
"you are as sick as your secrets...." -quote from Celebrity Rehab-

+Quote Post
denisebyers
post Apr 30 2006, 07:46 PM
Post #488

Advanced Member

Member No.: 1,654

QUOTE(summertime @ Apr 30 2006, 08:32 PM) [snapback]128589[/snapback]

Because both God and Mr. Shelton knew that she had never been in bed with the doctor.

spoton.gif Right on Summertime!!

+Quote Post
summertime
post Apr 30 2006, 07:55 PM
Post #489

Advanced Member

QUOTE(Clay @ Apr 30 2006, 07:53 PM) [snapback]128573[/snapback]

They may not be able to access it if they are not members of that forum (Club Adventist).....

Another thought is this.... since it is said that Mr. Shelton believes God speaks to him, I wonder why God didn't tell Mr. Shelton to do as he told Hosea to do with Gomer?

Because both God and Mr. Shelton knew that Linda had never been in bed with the doctor. And I do not believe that God told Danny to control 3ABN--I believe that He asked him to build a station for Him.

Also, Woof, you asked what I would have done if I thought that my spouse had long conversations and he didn't stop when I told him to--In the first place who has the right to order who? -A long time ago, simply by way of the fact that I have a long, happy marriage, there was a bumpy road along the way. And I found it necessary to have long conversaitons with a 'counselor because I did not know what else to do. What did my husband do about it? He went with me to see the counselor---he didn't throw him out when the counselor came to him to talk about the problem--he held my hand and talked everything over with the counselor. He didn't tell the whole world about our troubles. That was many, many years ago and we still have a successful, happy marriage.

+Quote Post
Prisca
post May 1 2006, 04:55 AM
Post #490

1,000 + posts
Group Icon

Group: Charter Member
Member No.: 11

QUOTE(summertime @ May 1 2006, 01:32 AM) [snapback]128589[/snapback]

Because both God and Mr. Shelton knew that she had never been in bed with the doctor.

Now, Summertime, you done gone and got an electric can opener and a collander in this one.
I see that you would only accept the bed (and any of its manifestations) as a reason for a divorce? And...are you saying that the only kind of divorce an SDA could have would be for those reasons?

Good for you, Summertime. I hear my own story there as well some years ago. My counsellor told me to leave...get up and go...run.... I didn't and I'm very glad. It depends on the people involved, no? What would have happened had I worshipped the counsellor and took their word as 'law'? Could this be the case here?

This post has been edited by Prisca: May 1 2006, 04:56 AM

+Quote Post
summertime
post May 1 2006, 09:28 AM
Post #491

Advanced Member

QUOTE(Prisca @ May 1 2006, 04:55 AM) [snapback]128608[/snapback]

Now, Summertime, you done gone and got an electric can opener and a collander in this one.
I see that you would only accept the bed (and any of its manifestations) as a reason for a divorce? And...are you saying that the only kind of divorce an SDA could have would be for those reasons?
Good for you, Summertime. I hear my own story there as well some years ago. My counsellor told me to leave...get up and go...run.... I didn't and I'm very glad. It depends on the people involved, no? What would have happened had I worshipped the counsellor and took their word as 'law'? Could this be the case here?

Hi, Prisca: You are right---there are other reasons for Adventists to divorce than 'bedside manners' I have a daughter who is divorced when, as far as we know, there was never a suggestion of 'pillowtalk' made by either my daughter or her ex-husband. He had left her more than once to go to parts unknown and she still stuck by him because she thought it was Biblically the right thing for her to do. Finally, when the bills were not paid, and she had moved to a new town to live with him, and she could not find employment, she came back to her home town. For a year she met him anywhere he would come to talk,--counseling and etc. and after a year she simply received divorce papers one day. She did not want the divorce, but she had no money to fight it--the marriage lasted less than 2 years. The pity of it was that for 5 years she refused the attentions of other men because she did not know if she had 'biblical grounds' for the divorce---one day he married somebody else. Then she felt that she was free. When the 'church' puts its members in the position where, when there was no way for her to save that marriage, the ministers told her just to sit back and wait for him to 'commit adultry' by marrying someone else, and then she would be free.---It is wrong---How tragic.!! So we wait, hoping that someone else will sin, so we will be free? The reason that I made that statement about Danny knowing that she had not 'slept' with the doctor was because the Bible specificaaly states that Hosea should take Gomer back from the 'bed'.

I don't know if Linda worshipped the 'counselor'. I am not making excuses for her--but when apparently Danny had a barrage of counselors and friends and pastors who onesidedly attacked Linda, while still refusing her the right to speak about her problems with a counselor and a friend, they put her in a corner, shut her mouth and then made a shambles out of her life. I see no Christ-like behaviour there and I have lost respect for the lot of them. I have yet to hear one minister say that Danny was wrong for remarrying---I am sure there are some. If they thought so, and spoke up, they were down and out. But I also have not heard one minister coming to Linda's aid from the destruction that was brought down on her reputation. None of us do, but we do know that, so far as I know, no one from the 3ABN colony has reached out to shake her hand with the love that she offered in her last website letter---Unless there is something I do not know about.

It certainly looks like Danny took his own word as "law" and that is dangerous ground.

This post has been edited by summertime: May 1 2006, 09:31 AM

+Quote Post
PrincessDrRe
post May 1 2006, 10:40 AM
Post #492

PrincessDrRe
Group Icon

Group: Financial Donor
Member No.: 712

Boomp!

--------------------
*"Some folks use their ignorance like a umbrella. It covers everything, they perodically take it out from time to time, but it never is too far away from them."*
PrincessDrRe; March, 2007

~"Blood = Meat, Face = Meat, Internal "Organs" = Meat - you can try to make it cuter; but it's still meat...."~
PrincessDrRe; September, 2007

*(NOTE: Any advice given by Re' Silvey, MSW is not to be taken as medical/mental health advice. Although trained to be a counselor, currently employed as a therapist, and currently pursuing her PhD in Counseling Psychology (ABD/I) - she is not your assigned therapist. Please consult a mental health professional of your choice for a face-to-face consultation.)*

+Quote Post
summertime
post May 1 2006, 11:41 AM
Post #493

Advanced Member

QUOTE(sister @ Apr 30 2006, 05:13 PM) [snapback]128555[/snapback]

This is the letter you were looking for from Dr. Walter Thompson, I posted it about a week ago.
Sister

This morning I have reread this letter from Dr. Thompson and after I read it, I went to Linda's website at www.lindashelton.org and I reread the letters that she has written for the summer and the open letter to the church and to 3ABN. Now it is up to us, after reading both of these letters, to decide who, of the two, is the most like Jesus with what they have written under the circumstances. Linda offers love and Dr. Thompson offers criticism. I dont think that Dr. T. wrote this last letter because he wanted to end the matter- he wanted to dissolve Danny of all blame--he wanted the blame placed on Linda and he aimed directly at damage control for Danny and 3ABN. I can not see it any other way. How you see it is up to each of you.. Even on the cross, Jesus begged for the Love of God to forgive those who were crucifying Him.. He made excuses for those people--"They know not what they do" No blame, no self defense, no damage control---he just offered love. Also reread the letter reposted by clay which was written by Johann T. He was acatually thrown off the 3ABN grounds when he came there to try to be instrumental in ending strife. Are 3ABN grounds personally Danny's grounds or do they belong to donors like I was then and probably many of you.

+Quote Post
Prisca
post May 1 2006, 02:14 PM
Post #494

1,000 + posts
Group Icon

Group: Charter Member
Member No.: 11

QUOTE(summertime @ May 1 2006, 03:28 PM) [snapback]128629[/snapback]

Hi, Prisca: You are right---there are other reasons for Adventists to divorce than 'bedside manners' I have a daughter who is divorced when, as far as we know, there was never a suggestion of 'pillowtalk' made by either my daughter or her ex-husband. He had left her more than once to go to parts unknown and she still stuck by him because she thought it was Biblically the right thing for her to do. Finally, when the bills were not paid, and she had moved to a new town to live with him, and she could not find employment, she came back to her home town. For a year she met him anywhere he would come to talk,--counseling and etc. and after a year she simply received divorce papers one day. She did not want the divorce, but she had no money to fight it--the marriage lasted less than 2 years. The pity of it was that for 5 years she refused the attentions of other men because she did not know if she had 'biblical grounds' for the divorce---one day he married somebody else. Then she felt that she was free. When the 'church' puts its members in the position where, when there was no way for her to save that marriage, the ministers told her just to sit back and wait for him to 'commit adultry' by marrying someone else, and then she would be free.---It is wrong---How tragic.!! So we wait, hoping that someone else will sin, so we will be free? The reason that I made that statement about Danny knowing that she had not 'slept' with the doctor was because the Bible specificaaly states that Hosea should take Gomer back from the 'bed'.

I don't know if Linda worshipped the 'counselor'. I am not making excuses for her--but when apparently Danny had a barrage of counselors and friends and pastors who onesidedly attacked Linda, while still refusing her the right to speak about her problems with a counselor and a friend, they put her in a corner, shut her mouth and then made a shambles out of her life. I see no Christ-like behaviour there and I have lost respect for the lot of them. I have yet to hear one minister say that Danny was wrong for remarrying---I am sure there are some. If they thought so, and spoke up, they were down and out. But I also have not heard one minister coming to Linda's aid from the destruction that was brought down on her reputation. None of us do, but we do know that, so far as I know, no one from the 3ABN colony has reached out to shake her hand with the love that she offered in her last website letter---Unless there is something I do not know about.

It certainly looks like Danny took his own word as "law" and that is dangerous ground.

Oh tragic indeed, Summertime,
I think the reason I continue to mention the 'Biblical ' divorce is for that very reason. I just can't picture God placing a person in such a prison in the name of the law of divorce. Not only do we wait for someone ELSE to sin, we find ways to tract them to see if they are sinning. We nudge them so they want to sin, etc. so that we might be free.
No. I was referring to the counsellor egging Danny on...like they did to me when I was having my 'rough' time in the dark days. No words of encouragement. I'm not hearing anything about waiting and praying. I'm hearing...I told her to stop and she didn't and that's it...she's out! Now there may be more...I am the first to say I don't know. but a few months of problems and the marriage is over. There are those of us who have lived for years in situations less to our liking and lived to see the light at the other side. It is to those courageous ones that I think we should mention.
But like Danny and Linda we MUST move on. He can't go back. I can't go back. None of us can go back. How different life would be if we could. Just seven days as in the TV show! But. we are on a relentlessly moving linear conveyer belt. The same belt that Danny and Linda are on, as well.

+Quote Post
Guest_vonessa_*
post May 1 2006, 04:02 PM
Post #495

Guests

Amen.

This post has been edited by vonessa: May 1 2006, 04:14 PM

+Quote Post

49 Pages V  « < 31 32 33 34 35 > » 
Reply to this topicStart new topic
1 User(s) are reading this topic (1 Guests and 0 Anonymous Users)
0 Members:

Lo-Fi Version Time is now: 23rd March 2008 - 01:50 PM
Design by: Download IPB Skins & eBusiness
BlackSDA has no official affiliation or endorsement from the Seventh-day Adventist church