Archive of http://www.blacksda.com/forums/index.php?showtopic=8572&st=540 preserved for the defense in 3ABN and Danny Shelton v. Joy and Pickle.
Links altered to maintain their integrity and aid in navigation, but content otherwise unchanged.
Saved at 02:50:23 PM on March 23, 2008.
IPB

Welcome Guest ( Log In | Register )

49 Pages V  « < 35 36 37 38 39 > »   
Reply to this topicStart new topic
> Danny Shelton Marries....again, 3abn
denisebyers
post May 3 2006, 09:26 AM
Post #541

Advanced Member

Group: Members
Member No.: 1,654

QUOTE(simplysaved @ May 3 2006, 10:21 AM) [snapback]128938[/snapback]

Will you please tell somebody! clapping.gif clapping.gif

What everyone is talking about is that it is off of Sky Angel. I have Sky Angel, and it is off Air. They have not been able to get it back on air. It's been a few weeks now.
Go to the top of the page

+Quote Post
simplysaved
post May 3 2006, 09:41 AM
Post #542

5,000 + posts
Group Icon

Member No.: 830

QUOTE(denisebyers @ May 3 2006, 10:26 AM) [snapback]128941[/snapback]

What everyone is talking about is that it is off of Sky Angel. I have Sky Angel, and it is off Air. They have not been able to get it back on air. It's been a few weeks now.

But it is not uncommon that when negociating a new contract they do that, like with Hallmark Channel--it is the conspiracy therories that is being addressed without people actually knowing...the point made last week and a few posts back is that can very well be the reason and not something else...I have Comcast, and I KNOW it is still being aired and watched regularly...

http://www.skyangel.com/Programming/Index....90&x=003|001&~=

3ABN is still listed on-line as a part of their subscription listing.... scratchchin.gif

--------------------
"No weapon formed against YOU (Sarah--and every Believer/Servant of God) shall prosper and every tongue that rises against you in judgement you will condemn...."--Isaiah 54:17

+Quote Post
Zephyr
post May 3 2006, 09:41 AM
Post #543

Advanced Member

Member No.: 1,556

QUOTE(simplysaved @ May 3 2006, 09:34 AM) [snapback]128944[/snapback]

But it is not uncommon that when negociating a new contract they do that, like with Hallmark Channel--it is the conspiracy therories that is being addressed .

What conspiracy theories? "Technical difficulties" suggest one thing to the normal thinking person. If you are right and this is about renogotiating a contract, then it is not technical difficulties why 3ABN is offair-- which is what some of us have suspected all along.

--------------------
"I believe what my church teaches.
My church teaches what I believe.
My church and I believe the same thing."--The Apostate's Creed.

+Quote Post
simplysaved
post May 3 2006, 09:43 AM
Post #544

5,000 + posts
Group Icon

QUOTE(Zephyr @ May 3 2006, 10:41 AM) [snapback]128947[/snapback]

What conspiracy theories? "Technical difficulties" suggest one thing to the normal thinking person. If you are right and this is about renogotiating a contract, then it is not technical difficulties why 3ABN is offair-- which is what some of us have suspected all along.

Contract re-negociations is rather different from:

a. kicked off

b. no money

--------------------
"No weapon formed against YOU (Sarah--and every Believer/Servant of God) shall prosper and every tongue that rises against you in judgement you will condemn...."--Isaiah 54:17

+Quote Post
Zephyr
post May 3 2006, 09:44 AM
Post #545

Advanced Member

Member No.: 1,556

QUOTE(simplysaved @ May 3 2006, 09:41 AM) [snapback]128944[/snapback]

I have Comcast, and I KNOW it is still being aired and watched regularly...

[/color]

By the way I noticed that your answer was cleverly worded. I get from this that you have Comcast. I also get that you know" 3ABN is aired.
Please clarify. Do YOU watch 3ABN on Comcast? When last? Thanks.

--------------------
"I believe what my church teaches.
My church teaches what I believe.
My church and I believe the same thing."--The Apostate's Creed.

+Quote Post
simplysaved
post May 3 2006, 09:59 AM
Post #546

5,000 + posts
Group Icon

QUOTE(Zephyr @ May 3 2006, 09:44 AM) [snapback]128950[/snapback]

By the way I noticed that your answer was cleverly worded. I get from this that you have Comcast. I also get that you know" 3ABN is aired.
Please clarify. Do YOU watch 3ABN on Comcast? When last? Thanks.

Last night... and yes I do...I watch what I am comfortable with and don't for other things....it was not cleverly worded...I have aleady posted that I do watch some 3ABN in other threads...

--------------------

+Quote Post
awesumtenor
post May 3 2006, 10:27 AM
Post #547

5,000 + posts
Group Icon

Group: Charter Member
Member No.: 15

QUOTE(simplysaved @ May 3 2006, 11:59 AM) [snapback]128954[/snapback]

Last night... and yes I do...I watch what I am comfortable with and don't for other things....it was not cleverly worded...I have aleady posted that I do watch some 3ABN in other threads...

Again... this thread is about 3ABN on *SkyAngel*, which is how the majority of Adventists who watch 3ABN had been receiving it. The church has been pushing the sale of the small satellite dishes for months to get Adventist religious programming and many have bought since there was no monthly programming fee; just the one time cost of the dish and the receiver.

Most municipalities in the NAD *don't* have Comcast... and most other cable providers *dont* carry 3ABN... so if it is not on SkyAngel, it is not one at all for the bulk of those who watched it regularly.

In His service,
Mr. J

--------------------
There is no one more dangerous than one who thinks he knows God with a mind that is ignorant - Dr. Lewis Anthony

You’ve got to be real comfortable in your own skin to survive the animosity your strength evokes in people you'd hope would like you. - Dr. Renita Weems

+Quote Post
princessdi
post May 3 2006, 10:45 AM
Post #548

5,000 + posts
Group Icon

Group: Administrator
Member No.: 47

The point is that Sky Angle was tactful and stated that 3ABN and two other channels were having technicals difficulties. The thought that it was a bit more than that was 3ABN's stament that Sky Angel no longer had a place for them in their line up, thus creating a bit a drama. I know for some 3ABN has played it like Sky Angle removed them because of their emphasis on the Ten Commandments Day. This only works for those who are not paying attention(which there are more than there should be) in that 3ABN always talked about the Sabbath and Adventist way of life, that is who they are. Also, if it was about that, Sky Angel would not have consented to carry the Ten Commandment broadcast.

Here is the update from 3ABN website I think it already been posted..........but apparently overlooked:

TEN COMMANDMENT WEEKEND UPDATE: In the event 3ABN hasn't been restored on Sky Angel by May 5 & 6, Sky Angel has graciously agreed to air 3ABN on Channel 9702 from 7:00 PM ET to Midnight on May 5th and from 9:00 AM ET to 9:00 PM ET on May 6th.

This post has been edited by princessdi: May 3 2006, 10:53 AM

--------------------
TTFN
Di

And we know that all things work together for good to them that love God, to them who are the called according to his purpose---Romans 8:28

A great many people believe they are thinking when they are merely rearranging their prejudices.-- William James

It is better to be silent and be thought a fool, than to speak and remove all doubt.- Mark Twain

+Quote Post
simplysaved
post May 3 2006, 10:47 AM
Post #549

5,000 + posts
Group Icon

QUOTE(princessdi @ May 3 2006, 10:45 AM) [snapback]128969[/snapback]

The point is that Sky Angle was tactful and stated that 3ABN and two other channels were having technicals difficulties. The thought that it was a bit more than that was 3ABN's stament that Sky Angel no longer had a place for them in their line up, thus creating a bit a drama. I know for some 3ABN has played it like Sky Angle removed them because of their emphasis on the Ten Commandments Day. This only works for those who are not paying attention(which there are more than there should be) in that 3ABN always talked about the Sabbath and Adventist way of life, that is who they are. Also, if it was about that, Sky Angel would not have consented to carry the Ten Commandment broadcast.

With what you have stated, it is more than likely that everything may be cleared up after this weekend then...and resume scheduled programming... uhm.gif

--------------------

+Quote Post
princessdi
post May 3 2006, 10:58 AM
Post #550

5,000 + posts
Group Icon

Sorry Sarah, I edited my posted to include the statement from 3ABN. Read above. I think they will just provide a channel for the Ten Commandments day programming, while they work on the problem, whatever that may be.

QUOTE(simplysaved @ May 3 2006, 09:47 AM) [snapback]128970[/snapback]

With what you have stated, it is more than likely that everything may be cleared up after this weekend then...and resume scheduled programming... uhm.gif

--------------------
TTFN
Di

And we know that all things work together for good to them that love God, to them who are the called according to his purpose---Romans 8:28

A great many people believe they are thinking when they are merely rearranging their prejudices.-- William James

It is better to be silent and be thought a fool, than to speak and remove all doubt.- Mark Twain

+Quote Post
simplysaved
post May 3 2006, 11:17 AM
Post #551

5,000 + posts
Group Icon

I called directly 1-866-450-2557 at Sky angel and spoke with Kent (I have his operator #) and he stated that 3ABN, SPRIRT, and Golden Eagle ( like you said) all are having problems not with the satelight, but with the Broadcaster Transmission Network---none of the channels have ben dropped or are slated to be dropped; they will credit your account for the inconvenience! tongue.gif

QUOTE(princessdi @ May 3 2006, 11:45 AM) [snapback]128969[/snapback]

Here is the update from 3ABN website I think it already been posted..........but apparently overlooked:

This post has been edited by simplysaved: May 3 2006, 11:17 AM

--------------------

+Quote Post
princessdi
post May 3 2006, 11:20 AM
Post #552

5,000 + posts
Group Icon

Exactly!

QUOTE(simplysaved @ May 3 2006, 10:17 AM) [snapback]128985[/snapback]

I called directly 1-866-450-2557 at Sky angel and spoke with Kent (I have his operator #) and he stated that 3ABN, SPRIRT, and Golden Eagle ( like you said) all are having problems not with the satelight, but with the Broadcaster Transmission Network---none of the channels have ben dropped or are slated to be dropped; they will credit your account for the inconvenience! tongue.gif

--------------------
TTFN
Di

+Quote Post
missthg
post May 3 2006, 11:51 AM
Post #553

1,000 + posts
Group Icon

Group: Charter Member
Member No.: 9

How come y'all dont call them and tell them to not air this channel since you don't agree with the way he handled his situation. He's obviously on his on high and does not represent God. He' representing himself and no one else.

--------------------
life is too short to knit with ugly yarn....
www.knitfloozy.blogspot.com

There is a very fine line between "hobby" and "mental illness."

+Quote Post
simplysaved
post May 3 2006, 11:54 AM
Post #554

5,000 + posts
Group Icon

QUOTE(missthg @ May 3 2006, 11:51 AM) [snapback]129008[/snapback]

How come y'all dont call them and tell them to not air this channel since you don't agree with the way he handled his situation. He's obviously on his on high and does not represent God. He' representing himself and no one else.

A better question is why do not those who feel that the good done by the ministry is less than the evil done by the leaders call and do what you have suggested... dunno.gif

--------------------

+Quote Post
Clay
post May 3 2006, 12:00 PM
Post #555

5,000 + posts
Group Icon

Member No.: 4

I think part of the problem is that the empathy that has been shown towards Linda has been viewed by some as being anti-Danny.... and that is not necessarily the case.....

--------------------
"you are as sick as your secrets...." -quote from Celebrity Rehab-

+Quote Post

49 Pages V  « < 35 36 37 38 39 > » 
Reply to this topicStart new topic
1 User(s) are reading this topic (1 Guests and 0 Anonymous Users)
0 Members:

Lo-Fi Version Time is now: 23rd March 2008 - 01:50 PM
Design by: Download IPB Skins & eBusiness
BlackSDA has no official affiliation or endorsement from the Seventh-day Adventist church