Archive of http://www.blacksda.com/forums/index.php?showtopic=8923&st=105 preserved for the defense in 3ABN and Danny Shelton v. Joy and Pickle.
Links altered to maintain their integrity and aid in navigation, but content otherwise unchanged.
Saved at 04:57:55 PM on March 23, 2008.
IPB

Welcome Guest ( Log In | Register )

12 Pages V  « < 6 7 8 9 10 > »   
Reply to this topicStart new topic
> An Unauthorized History Of 3abn, Chapter 10 (in the midst of the garden continued)
Daryl Fawcett
post Jul 1 2006, 04:09 PM
Post #106

Advanced Member

Group: Members
Member No.: 1,851

There is a BIG difference in what is spoken versus what is written.

What one says in person is one thing, as only that other person or group hears it. What is also spoken is gone after it is spoken, however, what is written, such as in this topic, remains for anybody to read, including Danny Shelton himself, if he so chooses.

--------------------
In His Love, Mercy, and Grace!

Daryl Fawcett
Administrator
Maritime SDA OnLine
http://www.maritime-sda-online.com
Go to the top of the page

+Quote Post
Clay
post Jul 1 2006, 04:23 PM
Post #107

5,000 + posts
Group Icon

Group: Administrator
Member No.: 4

QUOTE(Daryl Fawcett @ Jul 1 2006, 04:09 PM) [snapback]137030[/snapback]

What one says in person is one thing, as only that other person or group hears it. What is also spoken is gone after it is spoken, however, what is written, such as in this topic, remains for anybody to read, including Danny Shelton himself, if he so chooses.

and in the absence of overwhelming evidence it is someones opinion.... except there are some stories that have been presented that other witnesses have agreed happened.... so then it is fact... perhaps as you read more you will see that there are former 3abn employees, ex-family members, and other people who were intimately associated with 3abn so they can and have shared their experience....

The issue is we have not been afraid to allow them to share their perspective on things... other forums for whatever reason have been... thats neither good or bad, it just is... so as long as they don't violate our guidelines they can share to their hearts content....

however, what is written, such as in this topic, remains for anybody to read, including Danny Shelton himself, if he so chooses.

Mr. Shelton did contact the owner of the board... called us a tabloid message board or some such thing, you can find his correspondence here: http://www.blacksda.com/forums/index.php?s...1237&hl=tabloid
interesting though he did not refute what was posted, just attempted to justify what he was doing.... and that was long before sister started her story....so I suspects he drops by every blue moon to see whats being said....

This post has been edited by Clay: Jul 1 2006, 04:30 PM

--------------------
"you are as sick as your secrets...." -quote from Celebrity Rehab-

+Quote Post
calvin
post Jul 1 2006, 06:56 PM
Post #108

site admin
Group Icon

Group: Owner
Member No.: 1

QUOTE(Daryl Fawcett @ Jul 1 2006, 04:41 PM) [snapback]137026[/snapback]

Yes, I am specifically referring to this thread. I am aware of this topic on other boards.

I have read enough of this thread, 7 pages worth, to have asked the question.

More specifically, how does sister know about all of these so-called facts? I say so-called as these seem to be coming from a 3rd, or 4th, 5th, or etc. party source.

If this information is true, then this concerns me greatly. I stress the "if true" part though.

I would also hate to think that sister is only passing on what she knows from a 3rd, 4th, 5th, or etc. party source. I would even be concerned about it coming from a 2nd party source. I prefer to hear it from a 1st party source.

Now, if I had waited until I managed to find the time to read this whole thread before asking these questions, I would still be wondering while reading.

As I said, I am on page 7 and reading.

As far as why I chose to become a member here. I had thought of doing so for many moons now. And yes, it was learning about this topic that finally prompted me to register here.

As far as this type of topic on Maritime SDA OnLine goes, it is in a hidden private forum, which only those who have been given access can see. It isn't a type of thing we at MSDAOL wish to display to the whole unchristian and Christian world. The topic is a controlled topic with the intent of determining what is factual before posting it there. BSDA obviously feels it is OK to do this, however, when a board allows this type of thing to be posted, if it isn't true, then they open themselves up to possible legal action against them. I hope this doesn't happen to BSDA.

Daryl, I think you will find that BSDA is more liberty in what we allow to be discussed than MSAOL or CA. Very few topics are off limits for discussion as it relates to Adventism and christianity. As you know all message boards have there own favor, maybe this is one of the things that sits BSDA apart.

As for your concern about legal action taken aganist BSDA that is always a possiblity. In my correspondence with Gregory Matthews the moderator of the CA 3ABN topic, this concern is one of there reasons for keeping the 3ABN discussions private. Don't know how much security this affords you, since it is written and can be copied other places on the net.

I believe you are in Canada. Here in the US we have by the letter of the law, I the owner and management, modertors, ect you are not responsible for the comments: http://www.chillingeffects.org/trade...QuestionID=314 . But, of course, the law doesn't always work by the letters.

Take a look at this...
http://www.somethingawful.com/legal/
That website makes fun of people, and contains all kinds of slander and libel. Those are the legal threats they have recieved.

Also note that NONE of the legal threats were successful... because voicing your opinion on the internet is protected by the 1st amendment.

http://www.nolo.com/article.cfm/Obje...4/284/205/ART/ has a fantastic explanation of law as it was used in a case against America Online which was filled after Matt Drudge, who they paid to provided content, said some things which could have been considered as liable. While I suggest you read the entire article, this quote summarizes the basic point:
a court dismissed AOL from the lawsuit under the provisions of Section 230 of the Communications Decency Act (CDA), which states that no ISP "shall be treated as the publisher or speaker of any information provided by another information content provider." In other words, the CDA shields ISPs from liability for statements or content from its users. This is true even where -- as in the Drudge case -- the ISP paid the writer for use of the statements.

+Quote Post
watchbird
post Jul 1 2006, 07:17 PM
Post #109

1,000 + posts
Group Icon

Member No.: 1,712

QUOTE(Daryl Fawcett @ Jul 1 2006, 04:09 PM) [snapback]137030[/snapback]

What one says in person is one thing, as only that other person or group hears it. What is also spoken is gone after it is spoken,

clap.gif yes.gif You got that one right, Mate! A BIG difference in what is spoken versus what is written! rofl1.gif And once it is spoken, it is gone! Gone in the ear, through the receptor filters and the mixer mashers, and out through the output orifice, and like dry leaves on the wind is blown away, changing shape and being torn to pieces as it goes. And when if finally comes to rest, it is seldom recognizable even by its original creators. wallbash.gif

however, what is written, such as in this topic, remains for anybody to read, including Danny Shelton himself, if he so chooses.

yes.gif Yup. Right again. What is written is written, and what is posted remains, and all who will may come and read, and the writing gives true and accurate testimony as to what was written.

As for Danny coming to read roflmao.gif

Isn't that great? He can see too. So no one can accuse us of talking behind his back. yes.gif rofl1.gif bangin.gif clapping.gif

+Quote Post
sister
post Jul 1 2006, 07:52 PM
Post #110

500 + posts
Group Icon

Member No.: 762

Yes, I am specifically referring to this thread. I am aware of this topic on other boards.

More specifically, how does sister know about all of these so-called facts? I say so-called as these seem to be coming from a 3rd, or 4th, 5th, or etc. party source.

If this information is true, then this concerns me greatly. I stress the "if true" part though.

I would also hate to think that sister is only passing on what she knows from a 3rd, 4th, 5th, or etc. party source. I would even be concerned about it coming from a 2nd party source. I prefer to hear it from a 1st party source.

Now, if I had waited until I managed to find the time to read this whole thread before asking these questions, I would still be wondering while reading.

As far as why I chose to become a member here. I had thought of doing so for many moons now. And yes, it was learning about this topic that finally prompted me to register here.

As far as this type of topic on Maritime SDA OnLine goes, it is in a hidden private forum, which only those who have been given access can see. It isn't a type of thing we at MSDAOL wish to display to the whole unchristian and Christian world. The topic is a controlled topic with the intent of determining what is factual before posting it there. BSDA obviously feels it is OK to do this, however, when a board allows this type of thing to be posted, if it isn't true, then they open themselves up to possible legal action against them. I hope this doesn't happen to BSDA.

Welcome to BSDA, Daryl. Since your post refers directly to my writings, I will respond personally. I write the truth as I have experienced it at 3ABN. Many of the observations are first person and have also been verified within this thread from others who have been or are currently employed at 3ABN, including a former member of the Shelton family, who have had similar experiences. Your assumption that the source is a third, forth, fifth or further removed party is incorrect.

Your statement that “if” this information is true and you stress the “if true”, then it concerns you greatly. Based upon the truth of my posts, being concerned about the situation with Danny Shelton, the administration and certain members of the 3ABN Board is valid. And what I have chosen to write until now is only the tip of the iceberg.

My understanding is that both Club Adventist and your forum have chosen to keep information concerning 3ABN “controlled” until the “facts” are ascertained. That is the privilege of an administrator. But who decides what are the “facts”? Is it only based upon the official spin from Walt Thompson and 3ABN? Then it is definitely biased, since Linda Shelton it under a gag order until the end of December 2006. And why hide the truth? That is how sin is perpetuated within the church. Who are the privileged few that are allowed to see the information in a “hidden private forum”? This attitude is what shelters Danny Shelton and his cohorts from reaping the results of the corruption that has gone on within the ministry for so many years.

As a public forum, Calvin allows all sides of an issue equal opportunity to respond. Since this thread has begun there has been no rebuttal from official 3ABN sources or Danny Shelton concerning anything I have written. Why? Perhaps because it is true and I am not the only one who could verify it.

Continue asking questions within the thread and I will do my best to answer any that are directed toward me.

Sister

+Quote Post
watchbird
post Jul 1 2006, 07:53 PM
Post #111

1,000 + posts
Group Icon

QUOTE(Daryl Fawcett @ Jul 1 2006, 03:41 PM) [snapback]137026[/snapback]

Congratulations. We are on page 68. Only 61 pages to go in which to look for the answer to your question. (Of course, there are six or eight other threads to which Sister has posted. The matter of her identity and how she knows what she knows has come up on some of those also.) Happy hunting.

Keep reading. In each episode there is a clue. In her comments in between episodes in response to questions such as yours, there is more informtion. Take notes. Add it all up. Courage. You'll get there.

Good thinking. As you read you will want to note how many others also stressed the "if true" at the beginning, and after applying the "in the mouth of two or three witnesses it shall be established" rule, came to conclude that it was indeed true, and also that it was something about which we should be greatly concerned.

The best witness comes from within the testimonies themselves. And they certainly seem to be written by someone who witnessed first hand what she writes about.

Actually, had you kept reading while wondering you would have found your answers by now.

Very good. Keep up the good work. You have a ways more to go. wave.gif

+Quote Post
Guest_vonessa_*
post Jul 2 2006, 07:38 AM
Post #112

Guests

I believe that sister will reveal the full conglomeration of factuality as we come to the place whereby we may accept it.

This post has been edited by vonessa: Jul 2 2006, 07:49 AM

+Quote Post
Daryl Fawcett
post Jul 2 2006, 11:48 AM
Post #113

Advanced Member

Sister,

How close to it all were you to know so much first hand?

Also, does Danny Shelton know who you are here at BSDA?

--------------------

Daryl Fawcett
Administrator
Maritime SDA OnLine

+Quote Post
Hersheys99
post Jul 2 2006, 01:12 PM
Post #114

500 + posts
Group Icon

Group: Financial Donor
Member No.: 1,672

Sister,

I don't think you realize what you are asking to be put out here. I think in all honesty for safety reasons, which if you had read through the thread you would understand that, she is wise not to give herself away.

Now I'm not speaking for Sister by any means she might choose to do differently but I do know what happens to those that go against Danny & his ideals whatever the reason is. They either get fired, get time off without pay or get treated very bad until they quit. SO I'm content with her posting just how she has been posting it all.

--------------------
My second favorite household chore is ironing. My first one being -- hitting my head on the top bunk bed until I faint.
-Erma Bombeck-

Inside me lives a skinny woman crying to get out. But I can usually shut her up with cookies.
(Unknown)

+Quote Post
sister
post Jul 2 2006, 01:22 PM
Post #115

500 + posts
Group Icon

Member No.: 762

QUOTE(Daryl Fawcett @ Jul 2 2006, 12:48 PM) [snapback]137163[/snapback]

Sister,

Daryl, it is difficult to know where to begin in answering these questions. If you had read the majority of the thread you would have a better understanding of my position. I have taken great care in protecting my identity in the writing of my 3ABN narratives, this is to safeguard both myself and my family from the same treatment that Linda Shelton has received at the hands of her exhusband.

As an on air personality, Danny has a broad platform from which to discredit anyone that he considers a threat to the lifestyle to which he has become accustomed. By pulling back the veil and relating potentially damaging facts regarding the behavior of Danny and others “behind the scenes” at 3ABN, I have placed myself in a dangerous position. Others who have contradicted the official spin of 3ABN or have questioned Danny’s misuse of both his position and ministry funds have found themselves branded as pathological liars and found it difficult to obtain employment within SDA circles. They have also been threatened with lawsuits, which to my knowledge have not materialized. But the threat of being dragged through the judicial system in a costly extended litigation is enough to frighten off most individuals with limited assets. In light of the above considerations, I have made it my business to make sure that Danny Shelton does not know who Sister is and what her connection was or is to 3ABN. I am sure that by now he must have conjectures regarding my identity, but I am careful to strip any distinctive features from my posts that could divulge the person behind the persona of Sister.

How close to it all was I to know so much first hand? Now that is difficult to answer without giving clues to my identity. It is not that I am unwilling, but that to do so would be unwise. Am I a relative, friend, current or former employee of Danny Shelton? That would probably make the most sense considering the first person knowledge that I have. I will also admit to presenting second person information, but as in the case of Ronnie who did “detective work” for Danny, I speak for someone who is unable to speak for himself. Ronnie died a number of months ago.

If I have not sufficiently answered your questions, please indicate the area in which you need further elaboration.

Sister

+Quote Post
Daryl Fawcett
post Jul 2 2006, 01:24 PM
Post #116

Advanced Member

Read my questions again.

They didn't ask her to give herself away.

--------------------

Daryl Fawcett
Administrator
Maritime SDA OnLine

+Quote Post
Guest_statrei_*
post Jul 2 2006, 01:29 PM
Post #117

Guests

QUOTE(Daryl Fawcett @ Jul 2 2006, 02:24 PM) [snapback]137186[/snapback]

Read my questions again.

They didn't ask her to give herself away.

Daryl, why do you think it important that Danny should know who the writer is? You must be seeinig something I am not.

+Quote Post
Daryl Fawcett
post Jul 2 2006, 01:31 PM
Post #118

Advanced Member

Sister,

I can understand your caution, therefore, let me go into another direction.

I am only on page 10 of this topic as far as reading it goes.

Are you saying anywhere that Pastor Mark Finley and Pastor John Lomacang know the truth about Danny & Linda, but are spouting the lie?

This post has been edited by Daryl Fawcett: Jul 2 2006, 01:32 PM

--------------------

Daryl Fawcett
Administrator
Maritime SDA OnLine

+Quote Post
Guest_statrei_*
post Jul 2 2006, 01:47 PM
Post #119

Guests

Daryl's questions raise another question. Earlier Daryl pointed out that the 3ABN fiasco has been behind the scenes on his forum to first determine the truth. Either Daryl recognized what Sister is posting here as the truth and is subtly trying to raise doubts by weaking Sister's credibility or no effort has been made at MSDAOL to determine that truth, in which case he could more concerned with defending the establishment no matter what. Which could it be?

In the end, the problem is not Danny but the system he represents and there are many who will defend that system at all costs.

+Quote Post
watchbird
post Jul 2 2006, 01:55 PM
Post #120

1,000 + posts
Group Icon

QUOTE(Daryl Fawcett @ Jul 2 2006, 01:31 PM) [snapback]137189[/snapback]

Sister,

I can understand your caution, therefore, let me go into another direction.

I am only on page 10 of this topic as far as reading it goes.

Are you saying anywhere that Pastor Mark Finley and Pastor John Lomacang know the truth about Danny & Linda, but are spouting the lie?

Daryl, you are ONLY on page 10? And you are back asking questions again already? We are now on page 69. You don't know enough yet to ask intelligent questions. Back to reading mode!

Excuse you, but it is extremely unkind, uncouth, and ingenious at best to ask this kind of questions when you have not even yet taken the time to read all that Sister (and many others) have already written. Your last question is especially repugnant since it asks Sister to make a judgemental statement about Finley and Lomacang that is not only inappropriate and unChristlike, but ITFA is impossible for anyone to make. Only God knows what Finley and Lomacang know or don't know and what their reasons are for continuing to support Danny Shelton given all that we are learning about him.

I very STRONGLY suggest again, that you finish reading what has already been said before you start putting anyone (especially Sister) through any more direct questioning.

It seems to me that quite obviously you do NOT understand the need for caution in this matter, or you would not be asking the kinds of questions that you are asking. And you certainly would not be asking them before you have read the total of the information that Sister and others (please don't focus completely on her) have given.

+Quote Post

12 Pages V  « < 6 7 8 9 10 > » 
Reply to this topicStart new topic
1 User(s) are reading this topic (1 Guests and 0 Anonymous Users)
0 Members:

Lo-Fi Version Time is now: 23rd March 2008 - 03:57 PM
Design by: Download IPB Skins & eBusiness
BlackSDA has no official affiliation or endorsement from the Seventh-day Adventist church