Archive of http://www.blacksda.com/forums/index.php?showtopic=8923&st=135 preserved for the defense in 3ABN and Danny Shelton v. Joy and Pickle.
Links altered to maintain their integrity and aid in navigation, but content otherwise unchanged.
Saved at 04:57:59 PM on March 23, 2008.
IPB

Welcome Guest ( Log In | Register )

12 Pages V  « < 8 9 10 11 12 >  
Reply to this topicStart new topic
> An Unauthorized History Of 3abn, Chapter 10 (in the midst of the garden continued)
watchbird
post Jul 3 2006, 06:41 AM
Post #136

1,000 + posts
Group Icon

Group: Members
Member No.: 1,712

QUOTE(watchbird @ Jul 2 2006, 05:36 PM) [snapback]137211[/snapback]

I agree. And the exact url is http://www.lindashelton.org/contract.html. It is not listed on one of her menus, but is to be found embedded in one of the "answers" in the Q&A page. It actually gives dates as well as length of time. . . .
I suppose the whole document could be posted here since it is already displayed in a public place. It is a facsimile, so it will either have to be posted as an image file or else typed by someone.

QUOTE(Fran @ Jul 2 2006, 05:45 PM) [snapback]137212[/snapback]

I was going to do that before I asked for the 2 year question, but someone complained about long posts, so I refrained. If someone else would like to do that, I would be more than happy to read the 4 page contract again for another refresher.

Actually it is only three pages. And "someone" complaining about long posts is not the same as whether or not "long posts" are permissible on BSDA. Note the "Check Post Length" on the "reply" screen. It will tell you both the length that is permissible as well as the length of the one you have created.

The document as posted on Linda's site allows for downloading, one .jpg file per page. So I'd suggest that it would be best to post it as three .jpg files rather than copying it, as it then retains its value as a primary source document rather than merely being a "copy". I frankly don't know how to do that, but since I see pictures on here frequently, I know it is possible. So I'm sure someone can either do it or explain to you how to do it.

Once here where we can easily take a look at it, I think there are those who are familiar with legaleze that can analyze it utilizing their expertise and years of experience.
Go to the top of the page

+Quote Post
Guest_statrei_*
post Jul 3 2006, 06:46 AM
Post #137

Guests

QUOTE(Daryl Fawcett @ Jul 3 2006, 06:55 AM) [snapback]137243[/snapback]

You are probably right, Clay.

You may know me better than I know myself, however, according to the Bible, a thing is established, if I remember correctly, by two or more witnesses.

Stop playing that act, Daryl. One only has to visit your forum and read why you took away my posting privileges to understand how you think. Now, I understand why you think like that. You think that the Adventist church rescued you so you have a commttment to what you think it is. That turns out to be what its leaders tell you it is.

+Quote Post
watchbird
post Jul 3 2006, 07:35 AM
Post #138

1,000 + posts
Group Icon

QUOTE(Daryl Fawcett @ Jul 3 2006, 05:55 AM) [snapback]137243[/snapback]

You are probably right, Clay.

You may know me better than I know myself, however, according to the Bible, a thing is established, if I remember correctly, by two or more witnesses.

Yes, this is the principle that I think we are all standing on. And as Clay commented, you will find those "two or more witnesses" who have stepped forward on BSDA to confirm each other's testimony.

And before going further, I apologize for being somewhat snippy in my previous posts to you. Facing a thread of this length is indeed a daunting task. But working your way through it carefully will yield much information. The real problem comes, not with the mere time that it takes to read it all the way through, but how to hold in mind what one reads in order to compare it with what is said later. Let me suggest a method which, while it involves some investment of time on the front end, I have found most helpful in tackling a task of this kind and size.

In suggesting this method I am assuming that the posts can be printed out, one page of posts at a time, the same as they were on the CA forum. It does take time, and it generates a large stack of paper. But if you do that then you can sit down with the tools of research (hi-lighter, black marker, pen for taking notes in the margins, etc) in your hand and be able to mark or hi-light important points, and cross out frivolous or distracting posts, and even cross reference various points.

You will also be able to figure out (not the identity of those who choose to not use their real names, but) who are primary sources (by which I mean ones who were actually witnesses or even a part of the actions they are describing), who are secondary sources (those who have personally talked with or had extensive personal contact with the primary sources), who are researchers and have examined primary source documents, both public and legal as well as personal mail exchanged between those who were "part of the action". In some cases these individuals give their actual identities early on, but still use a pseudonym and are always referred to by their pseudonym so as to protect their identity from all but the serious researcher. Please respect their desire for privacy.

Your stated desire to find the truth of the matter will stand you in good stead if you add to that the patience to examine the evidence carefully and methodically.

I want to add one other note, however. No where, not on BSDA nor on CA nor in any of the voluminous emails, public announcements, or lengthy explanations/accusasions that have been created and exchanged during the last two years will you find the answer to your questions as to what certain people really know or knew; and why, in view of what they knew or didn't know, did they do what they did (or are doing). It is quite obvious when there are as many contradictions and outright accusations of lying going on, that someone is lying. The task of those who search for truth is to make a basic decision as to whom they will believe.

But even then we will not have all the information necessary to answer all of our questions, nor can that decision be made strictly on the basis of how many voices there are on each side who are giving their "testimonies." We cannot even know how many voices there are speaking in harmony with the first person witnesses who are speaking out on BSDA. As Sister has said, what you see here is only the "tip of the iceberg". Now she has used that phrase primarily to mean the amount of wrongs that have been revealed. I will use it also to refer to the number of persons who have spoken out. And there are more reasons for this than what may be accounted for in the comments on BSDA. Yes, privacy and fear play a big part in the smallness of this number. But those are not the only reasons. And I am not at liberty to name these other reasons. In due time they will be revealed, but that time is not now. So please be sensitive as to how much you probe beyond what is being revealed here.

This post has been edited by watchbird: Jul 3 2006, 07:40 AM

+Quote Post
beanchild
post Jul 3 2006, 08:25 AM
Post #139

1,000 + posts
Group Icon

Member No.: 770

QUOTE(vonessa @ Jun 30 2006, 07:24 PM) [snapback]136954[/snapback]

IPB Image

Cant resist. clap.gif

lol! don't i look spiffy.

--------------------
"NATURAL FABRIC! NATURAL FABRIC!!!"
largo, mt, 961

+Quote Post
Clay
post Jul 3 2006, 08:34 AM
Post #140

5,000 + posts
Group Icon

Group: Administrator
Member No.: 4

FYI:
since this thread has gotten so long, we will be dividing it into the major sections (based on sister's narratives), and then placing the comments to those sections there... be patient as I hope to have this completed in a few hours....

--------------------
"you are as sick as your secrets...." -quote from Celebrity Rehab-

+Quote Post
Jvat
post Jul 3 2006, 08:49 AM
Post #141

Advanced Member

Member No.: 514

Over the weekend, Danny, on 3ABN, once again referred to the information that was being written about him versus the minstry that he was involved in.

+Quote Post
Clay
post Jul 3 2006, 01:00 PM
Post #142

5,000 + posts
Group Icon

editing complete... there are 10 chapters so far.... this editing may make it easier for those who wish to follow the story, go back and reread a section or whatever....

continue.....

--------------------

+Quote Post
Fran
post Jul 3 2006, 01:44 PM
Post #143

500 + posts
Group Icon

Group: Financial Donor
Member No.: 529

QUOTE(watchbird @ Jul 3 2006, 07:41 AM) [snapback]137255[/snapback]

Actually it is only three pages. And "someone" complaining about long posts is not the same as whether or not "long posts" are permissible on BSDA. Note the "Check Post Length" on the "reply" screen. It will tell you both the length that is permissible as well as the length of the one you have created.

The document as posted on Linda's site allows for downloading, one .jpg file per page. So I'd suggest that it would be best to post it as three .jpg files rather than copying it, as it then retains its value as a primary source document rather than merely being a "copy". I frankly don't know how to do that, but since I see pictures on here frequently, I know it is possible. So I'm sure someone can either do it or explain to you how to do it.

Once here where we can easily take a look at it, I think there are those who are familiar with legaleze that can analyze it utilizing their expertise and years of experience.

Why don't you go ahead and post them. You sound so much more experienced at this sort of stuff. I believe they would benefit by visiting the site and read all the questions and the letters written so far. She has a lot to say other than just that document. In fact, if one reads carefully, they will be richly blessed, That is of course, just my opinion. I know, not very credible, but my opinion no less.

QUOTE(Clay @ Jul 3 2006, 02:00 PM) [snapback]137324[/snapback]

editing complete... there are 10 chapters so far.... this editing may make it easier for those who wish to follow the story, go back and reread a section or whatever....

continue.....

Thank you so much!

--------------------
The greatest want of the world is the want of men-- men who will not be bought or sold, men who in their inmost souls are true and honest, men who do not fear to call sin by its right name, men whose conscience is as true to duty as the needle to the pole, men who will stand for the right though the heavens fall. {Ed 57.3}
But such a character is not the result of accident; it is not due to special favors or endowments of Providence. A noble character is the result of self-discipline, of the subjection of the lower to the higher nature--the surrender of self for the service of love to God and man. {Ed 57.4}

+Quote Post
Clay
post Jul 3 2006, 01:52 PM
Post #144

5,000 + posts
Group Icon

Why don't you go ahead and post them. You sound so much more experienced at this sort of stuff. I believe they would benefit by visiting the site and read all the questions and the letters written so far. She has a lot to say other than just that document. In fact, if one reads carefully, they will be richly blessed, That is of course, just my opinion. I know, not very credible, but my opinion no less.
until proven otherwise your opinion is as credible as others who have posted here.... thank you for sharing it....

--------------------

+Quote Post
watchbird
post Jul 3 2006, 04:06 PM
Post #145

1,000 + posts
Group Icon

QUOTE(Clay @ Jul 3 2006, 01:00 PM) [snapback]137324[/snapback]

continue.....

Yes, indeed. Thank you very much. That was a lot of work! clapping.gif

Now when we want to send someone to look at something, we can identify the "chapter" that it is in, and it will be much easier for them. Also, there have been points that Sister has made that I fully intended to follow up on or ask her for more detail on, but the conversation turned in another direction and I put it off till I could no longer easily find the original story.

And given the ease with which the BSDA "Search Forum" function works, it will now be very easy to find the 3ABN threads, even the ones which are no longer current.

Thanks again! yes.gif

This post has been edited by watchbird: Jul 3 2006, 04:18 PM

+Quote Post
watchbird
post Jul 4 2006, 09:26 AM
Post #146

1,000 + posts
Group Icon

QUOTE(watchbird @ Jul 3 2006, 04:06 PM) [snapback]137352[/snapback]

Yes, indeed. Thank you very much. That was a lot of work! clapping.gif

Now when we want to send someone to look at something, we can identify the "chapter" that it is in, and it will be much easier for them. Also, there have been points that Sister has made that I fully intended to follow up on or ask her for more detail on, but the conversation turned in another direction and I put it off till I could no longer easily find the original story.

And given the ease with which the BSDA "Search Forum" function works, it will now be very easy to find the 3ABN threads, even the ones which are no longer current.

Thanks again! yes.gif

Ah, I perceive I should "update" my thanks, for I see that not only did you increase the ease at which we could access the chapters of Sister's "Unauthorized History", but you give us our very own forum in which to house them. And not only that but you pulled all of the other threads on 3ABN together in this very same spot so we won't even have to use the search function. And then, to top it all off, you pinned the "History" threads together and set them on the top. How nice. How luxurious, even. clap.gif Thank you clapping.gif Thank you yes.gif Thank you notworthy.gif Thank you clap.gif

+Quote Post
calvin
post Jul 4 2006, 09:54 AM
Post #147

site admin
Group Icon

Group: Owner
Member No.: 1

Glad you like it. Sister, Clay, PrincessDi and I collaborated on this, thinking that the discussions would be easier to follow. I am asking everyone to keep the 3ABN discussions in this forum. I will continue to keep this forum on the main index page as long as there is active discussion. I suspect Sister had not wrote the final chapter.

+Quote Post
watchbird
post Jul 4 2006, 11:52 AM
Post #148

1,000 + posts
Group Icon

QUOTE(calvin @ Jul 4 2006, 09:54 AM) [snapback]137461[/snapback]

Glad you like it. Sister, Clay, PrincessDi and I collaborated on this, thinking that the discussions would be easier to follow. I am asking everyone to keep the 3ABN discussions in this forum. I will continue to keep this forum on the main index page as long as there is active discussion. I suspect Sister had not wrote the final chapter.

I am a little concerned as to what "active discussion" might mean in this context. I strongly suspect there may be some fairly lengthy times when there is not a lot new that can be said publicly, thus there might be periods when discussion seems to cease for a time.

But this thread is in many ways different from other forums you have here in that its value is not totally in the amount of current discussion that is going on but even more than that it is a record of history that will stay valuable for a very long time even after the final chapters have been written. And the content of those "final chapters" has not even been drafted out yet,for the events that will be written in them have not yet occurred. So I hope that however slack things might get, that you will keep it always here where those who have never yet read the early chapters may continue to have easy access to it, and those that stay away for an extended period of time may find it again in the same place as when they left.

+Quote Post
Clay
post Jul 4 2006, 12:04 PM
Post #149

5,000 + posts
Group Icon

I am a little concerned as to what "active discussion" might mean in this context. I strongly suspect there may be some fairly lengthy times when there is not a lot new that can be said publicly, thus there might be periods when discussion seems to cease for a time.

Don't stress... active simply means interest... a new post, or rehashing some of the older points, clarifying etc..... it should be easy to do.....and I'll lend a hand every now and again..... probably....lol

--------------------

+Quote Post
Daryl Fawcett
post Jul 7 2006, 07:14 PM
Post #150

Advanced Member

Member No.: 1,851

From the following quote posted by sister,

So it was for Johann Thorvaldsson when a letter arrived for him from Danny Shelton. Danny wrote that since Moses and David could get away with adultery and murder, so can he, since God has given him such a great task to perform.

comes the following question to Johann:

Do you still have a copy of this letter? If so, isn't this damaging evidence against Danny Shelton?

--------------------
In His Love, Mercy, and Grace!

Daryl Fawcett
Administrator
Maritime SDA OnLine
http://www.maritime-sda-online.com

+Quote Post

12 Pages V  « < 8 9 10 11 12 >
Reply to this topicStart new topic
1 User(s) are reading this topic (1 Guests and 0 Anonymous Users)
0 Members:

Lo-Fi Version Time is now: 23rd March 2008 - 03:58 PM
Design by: Download IPB Skins & eBusiness
BlackSDA has no official affiliation or endorsement from the Seventh-day Adventist church