Archive of http://www.blacksda.com/forums/index.php?showtopic=8923&st=90 preserved for the defense in 3ABN and Danny Shelton v. Joy and Pickle.
Links altered to maintain their integrity and aid in navigation, but content otherwise unchanged.
Saved at 04:57:53 PM on March 23, 2008.
IPB

Welcome Guest ( Log In | Register )

12 Pages V  « < 5 6 7 8 9 > »   
Reply to this topicStart new topic
> An Unauthorized History Of 3abn, Chapter 10 (in the midst of the garden continued)
Daryl Fawcett
post Jun 30 2006, 06:29 PM
Post #91

Advanced Member

Group: Members
Member No.: 1,851

I am new here to both Black SDA and this topic, however, I would like to know how this person knows so much about all this nitty gritty stuff regarding Danny and 3ABN?

--------------------
In His Love, Mercy, and Grace!

Daryl Fawcett
Administrator
Maritime SDA OnLine
http://www.maritime-sda-online.com
Go to the top of the page

+Quote Post
watchbird
post Jun 30 2006, 06:38 PM
Post #92

1,000 + posts
Group Icon

Member No.: 1,712

QUOTE(Daryl Fawcett @ Jun 30 2006, 06:29 PM) [snapback]136956[/snapback]

I am new here to both Black SDA and this topic, however, I would like to know how this person knows so much about all this nitty gritty stuff regarding Danny and 3ABN?

Since there are several who have posted regarding Danny and 3ABN, it is a little hard to understand what you mean by "this person". OTOH, since those who posted have given the reasons how they know what they know as they went along. I have to conclude that you have not taken the time to read this thread from the beginning. Maybe it would be a good idea to do so.

+Quote Post
sonshineonme
post Jun 30 2006, 06:53 PM
Post #93

1,000 + posts
Group Icon

Member No.: 1,709

QUOTE(watchbird @ Jun 30 2006, 05:38 PM) [snapback]136957[/snapback]

Since there are several who have posted regarding Danny and 3ABN, it is a little hard to understand what you mean by "this person". OTOH, since those who posted have given the reasons how they know what they know as they went along. I have to conclude that you have not taken the time to read this thread from the beginning. Maybe it would be a good idea to do so.

As watchbird said, there are SEVERAL people who have posted their own experiences and have given witness to others posts regarding this topic. Take the time to read it all. It's worth it. Read it slowly and carefully. There is much information to put together if you take the time and effort to do so. Note all the 3abn threads here at BSDA, all worth the reading. Several people have come to BSDA and post here because they know they can post their experiences without fear of it being censored, hidden or having to pay to do so, etc. This is a great place! tongue.gif

--------------------
Here's the thing - "...if you pull "folks" into a fight you don't know what "weapon" they will bring." PrincessDrRe

"A man who digs a pit for others to fall into, will end up falling into it himself. And if a man rolls a stone on someone, the stone will roll back on him". Said Solomon the wise, Proverbs 26:27

"No man can follow Christ and go astray." William H.P. Faunce

"If I could hear Christ praying for me in the next room, I would not fear a million enemies. Yet distance makes no difference. He is praying for me." Robert M. McCheyne

Click here for Linda Shelton's newly updated website

+Quote Post
Fran
post Jun 30 2006, 07:44 PM
Post #94

500 + posts
Group Icon

Group: Financial Donor
Member No.: 529

QUOTE(sonshineonme @ Jun 30 2006, 07:53 PM) [snapback]136960[/snapback]

...there are SEVERAL people who have posted their own experiences and have given witness to others posts regarding this topic. Take the time to read it all. It's worth it. Read it slowly and carefully. There is much information to put together if you take the time and effort to do so. Note all the 3abn threads here at BSDA, all worth the reading. Several people have come to BSDA and post here because they know they can post their experiences without fear of it being censored, hidden or having to pay to do so, etc. This is a great place! tongue.gif

I'll second that! BlackSDA is a great place to be.

--------------------
The greatest want of the world is the want of men-- men who will not be bought or sold, men who in their inmost souls are true and honest, men who do not fear to call sin by its right name, men whose conscience is as true to duty as the needle to the pole, men who will stand for the right though the heavens fall. {Ed 57.3}
But such a character is not the result of accident; it is not due to special favors or endowments of Providence. A noble character is the result of self-discipline, of the subjection of the lower to the higher nature--the surrender of self for the service of love to God and man. {Ed 57.4}

+Quote Post
lurker
post Jun 30 2006, 08:09 PM
Post #95

Advanced Member

Member No.: 676

quote"I am new here to both Black SDA and this topic, however, I would like to know how this person knows so much about all this nitty gritty stuff regarding Danny and 3ABN?

Daryl]"

So this wasn't discussed at all on the maritime sda fellowship? I thought it might have been discussed on a private thread there. Guess I haven't missed anything then, eh? I'll add my welcome. I'm really happy to see you here. Is this particular topic what led you here? Are we getting to be known for having members with inside information?

This post has been edited by lurker: Jun 30 2006, 08:21 PM

+Quote Post
Panama_Pete
post Jun 30 2006, 08:19 PM
Post #96

500 + posts
Group Icon

Member No.: 522

QUOTE(Daryl Fawcett @ Jun 30 2006, 07:29 PM) [snapback]136956[/snapback]

Daryl, I am puzzled by the "I am new to this topic" comment.

I recall, back in 2004, that you said the Maritime SDA Forum, where you are the administrator, was superior because it stuck to just the facts regarding Linda and Danny Shelton. Did I remember incorrectly?

Does your question, "how does this person know....?" speak to your prior opinion on just facts?

Eventually, when these posters don't produce film at 11, I hope you're not going to swing around to telling them how your Maritime SDA Forum has high standards, which is what I recall you said somewhere else in the past.

I'm just asking, since I'm puzzled by the "new to this topic" comment. You have already formed opinions on the subject matter, haven't you? I seem to recall that you had.

Have things changed for you since then? Did you see a stream of light anywhere? Or, perhaps, the contrails behind someone's jet?

In any case, most of the "how do they know" questions have been asked and answered by the posters as best they can, under the circumstances.

BSDA is a good place. I hope you enjoy your visit.

This post has been edited by Panama_Pete: Jun 30 2006, 08:29 PM

+Quote Post
Fran
post Jun 30 2006, 09:27 PM
Post #97

500 + posts
Group Icon

I am sure Daryl meant he was "new to this topic" on BlackSDA. I have known Daryl for years. He is an honest, Christian man. I know that from personal experience. Welcome Daryl, I am sure you will add value to this forum. welcome.gif

Back to the topic at hand. please.gif

http://www.fastcompany.com/magazine/96/open_boss-quiz.html

I found this on the internet and have had it for quite a while. I posted it on Townhall on CA, but did not post it to 3ABN topics at that time. However, after hearing personal witness from past 3ABN employees and their experience, I think this could be used to hear the score for their past boss using this standard of measurement. What is the score you would give him from your true past experience?

For those of us who have not worked for 3ABN could use it to evaluate privately, our current boss. I used it to evaluate my last boss and he scored very, very low. He was great! Here goes.

Is your boss a sychopath ? Take the test.

For each question, score

Two (2) points for "yes,"

one (1) point for "somewhat" or "maybe,"

and zero (0) points for "no."

[1]

_____Is he glib and superficially charming?

_____Is he a likable personality and a terrific talker -- entertaining, persuasive, but maybe a bit too smooth and slick?

_____Can he pass himself off as a supposed expert in a business meeting even though he really doesn't know much about the topic?

_____Is he a flatterer? Seductive, but insincere?

_____Does he tell amusing but unlikely anecdotes celebrating his own past? Can he persuade his colleagues to support a certain position this week -- and then argue with equal conviction and persuasiveness for the opposite position next week?

_____If he's a CEO, can he appear on TV and somehow get away without answering the interviewer's direct questions or saying anything truly substantive?

SCORE_____

[2]

_____Does he have a grandiose sense of self-worth?

_____Does he brag?

_____Is he arrogant?

_____Superior?

_____Domineering?

_____Does he feel he's above the rules that apply to "little people"?

_____Does he act as though everything revolves around him?

_____Does he downplay his legal, financial, or personal problems, say they're just temporary, or blame them on others?

SCORE_____

[3]

_____Is he a pathological liar?

_____Has he reinvented his own past in a more positive light -- for example, claiming that he rose from a tough, poor background even though he really grew up middle class?

_____Does he lie habitually even though he can easily be found out?

_____When he's exposed, does he still act unconcerned because he thinks he can weasel out of it?
Does he enjoy lying?

_____Is he proud of his knack for deceit?

_____Is it hard to tell whether he knows he's a liar or whether he deceives himself and believes his own bull?

SCORE_____

[4]

_____Is he a con artist or master manipulator?

_____Does he use his skill at lying to cheat or manipulate other people in his quest for money, power, status, and sex?

_____Does he "use" people brilliantly?

_____Does he engage in dishonest schemes such as cooking the books?

SCORE_____

[5]

_____When he harms other people, does he feel a lack of remorse or guilt?

_____Is he concerned about himself rather than the wreckage he inflicts on others or society at large?

_____Does he say he feels bad but act as though he really doesn't?

_____Even if he has been convicted of a white-collar crime, such as securities fraud, does he not accept blame for what he did, even after getting out of prison?

_____Does he blame others for the trouble he causes?

SCORE_____

[6]

_____Does he have a shallow affect?

_____Is he cold and detached, even when someone near him dies, suffers, or falls seriously ill -- for example, does he visit the hospital or attend the funeral?

_____Does he make brief, dramatic displays of emotion that are nothing more than putting on a theatrical mask and playacting for effect?

_____Does he claim to be your friend but rarely or never ask about the details of your life or your emotional state?

_____Is he one of those tough-guy executives who brag about how emotions are for whiners and losers?

SCORE_____

[7]

_____Is he callous and lacking in empathy?

_____Does he not give a xxxx [care] about the feelings or well-being of other people?

_____Is he profoundly selfish?

_____Does he cruelly mock others?

_____Is he emotionally or verbally abusive toward employees, "friends," and family members?

_____Can he fire employees without concern for how they'll get by without the job?

_____Can he profit from embezzlement or stock fraud without concern for the harm he's doing to shareholders or pensioners who need their savings to pay for their retirements?

SCORE_____

[8]

_____Does he fail to accept responsibility for his own actions?

_____Does he always cook up some excuse?

_____Does he blame others for what he's done?

_____If he's under investigation or on trial for a corporate crime, like deceitful accounting or stock fraud, does he refuse to acknowledge wrongdoing even when the hard evidence is stacked against him?

SCORE_____

Total____

If your boss scores:

1-4 | Be frustrated

5-7 | Be cautious

8-12 | Be afraid

13-16 | Be very afraid

--------------------
The greatest want of the world is the want of men-- men who will not be bought or sold, men who in their inmost souls are true and honest, men who do not fear to call sin by its right name, men whose conscience is as true to duty as the needle to the pole, men who will stand for the right though the heavens fall. {Ed 57.3}
But such a character is not the result of accident; it is not due to special favors or endowments of Providence. A noble character is the result of self-discipline, of the subjection of the lower to the higher nature--the surrender of self for the service of love to God and man. {Ed 57.4}

+Quote Post
Clay
post Jul 1 2006, 01:31 AM
Post #98

5,000 + posts
Group Icon

Group: Administrator
Member No.: 4

QUOTE(Daryl Fawcett @ Jun 30 2006, 06:29 PM) [snapback]136956[/snapback]

Daryl welcome to BSDA.... this is a discussion board and as such think of it like the conversations at a potluck dinner on sabbath..... lots of topics, some people may have inside info and some may be speculating, either way its still discussed...

You may find that the topics we discuss here may not be the kinds of things you discuss on your forum, and for a bit it may be disconcerting because nothing is off limits... however the fellowship is good and the discussions are thought provoking....

--------------------
"you are as sick as your secrets...." -quote from Celebrity Rehab-

+Quote Post
sister
post Jul 1 2006, 06:58 AM
Post #99

500 + posts
Group Icon

Member No.: 762

Fran,
If you go back on this thread to page 24 and check post #360, I already posted an edited version of this quiz on May 11 and credited the same source. I am sure it was an oversight on your part and not an attempt to double post. With the current length of this thread it is difficult to remember all the information that has already been posted. signthankspin.gif

QUOTE(sister @ May 11 2006, 02:19 PM) [snapback]130335[/snapback]

“Is Your Boss a Psychopath?”...

The following quiz, edited for length and application, appeared in issue 96 of Fast Company, a business magazine. Perhaps Johann, Beartrap, Brother Sam, PaperTigers and others would like to take the quiz and comment on it’s applicability to the history of 3ABN...

Quiz: Is Your Boss a Psychopath? The standard clinical test for psychopathy, Robert Hare's PCL-R, evaluates 20 personality traits overall, but a subset of eight traits defines what he calls the "corporate psychopath" -- the nonviolent person prone to the "selfish, callous, and remorseless use of others." Does your boss fit the profile? Here's our do-it-yourself quiz drawing on the test manual and Hare's book Without Conscience. (Disclaimer: If you're not a psychologist or psychiatrist, this will be a strictly amateur exercise.)

For each question, score two points for "yes," one point for "somewhat" or "maybe," and zero points for "no."

[1] Is he glib and superficially charming?
Is he a likable personality and a terrific talker — entertaining, persuasive, but maybe a bit too smooth and slick? Can he pass himself off as a supposed expert even though he really doesn't know much about the topic? Is he a flatterer? Seductive, but insincere? Does he tell amusing but unlikely anecdotes celebrating his own past? Can he persuade his colleagues to support a certain position this week — and then argue with equal conviction and persuasiveness for the opposite position next week? Can he appear on TV and somehow get away without saying anything truly substantive?
SCORE__

[2] Does he have a grandiose sense of self-worth?
Does he brag? Is he arrogant? Superior? Domineering? Does he feel he's above the rules that apply to "little people"? Does he act as though everything revolves around him? Does he downplay his legal, financial, or personal problems, say they're just temporary, or blame them on others?
SCORE__

[3] Is he a pathological liar?
Has he reinvented his own past in a more positive light? Does he lie habitually even though he can easily be found out? When he's exposed, does he still act unconcerned because he thinks he can weasel out of it? Does he enjoy lying? Is he proud of his knack for deceit? Is it hard to tell whether he knows he's a liar or whether he deceives himself and believes his own bull?
SCORE__

[4] Is he a con artist or master manipulator?
Does he use his skill at lying to cheat or manipulate other people in his quest for money, power, status, and sex? Does he "use" people brilliantly? Does he engage in dishonest schemes such as cooking the books?
SCORE__

[5] When he harms other people, does he feel a lack of remorse or guilt?
Is he concerned about himself rather than the wreckage he inflicts on others or society at large? Does he say he feels bad but act as though he really doesn't? Does he blame others for the trouble he causes?
SCORE__

[6] Does he have a shallow affect?
Does he make brief, dramatic displays of emotion that are nothing more than putting on a theatrical mask and playacting for effect?
SCORE__

[7] Is he callous and lacking in empathy?
Does he not give a d--- about the feelings or well-being of other people? Is he profoundly selfish? Does he cruelly mock others? Is he emotionally or verbally abusive toward employees, "friends," and family members? Can he fire employees without concern for how they'll get by without the job? Can he profit from embezzlement without concern for the harm he's doing?
SCORE__

[8] Does he fail to accept responsibility for his own actions?
Does he always cook up some excuse? Does he blame others for what he's done? If he's under investigation for a corporate crime, like deceitful accounting, does he refuse to acknowledge wrongdoing even when the hard evidence is stacked against him?
SCORE__

Total____

SCORING

If your boss scores:
1-4 | Be frustrated
5-7 | Be cautious
8-12 | Be afraid
13-16 | BE VERY AFRAID
Stayed tuned for "The Televangelist", Part 3...

+Quote Post
Guest_vonessa_*
post Jul 1 2006, 07:23 AM
Post #100

Guests

QUOTE(sister @ Jul 1 2006, 07:58 AM) [snapback]137005[/snapback]

Fran,
If you go back on this thread to page 24 and check post #360, I already posted an edited version of this quiz on May 11 and credited the same source. I am sure it was an oversight on your part and not an attempt to double post. With the current length of this thread it is difficult to remember all the information that has already been posted. signthankspin.gif

I used it on my boss and she turned out only to be frustrating because she scored a 1. So it bugs me but I do not fear for my life.

This post has been edited by vonessa: Jul 1 2006, 07:25 AM

+Quote Post
watchbird
post Jul 1 2006, 08:08 AM
Post #101

1,000 + posts
Group Icon

Member No.: 1,712

QUOTE(Fran @ Jun 30 2006, 09:27 PM) [snapback]136981[/snapback]

Back to the topic at hand. please.gif

http://www.fastcompany.com/magazine/96/open_boss-quiz.html

I found this on the internet and have had it for quite a while. I posted it on Townhall on CA, but did not post it to 3ABN topics at that time. However, after hearing personal witness from past 3ABN employees and their experience, I think this could be used to hear the score for their past boss using this standard of measurement. What is the score you would give him from your true past experience?

Thank you Fran, for getting us back on topic, and especially for giving the url for the test. I must admit, however, I was very confused when seeing 45 questions that supposedly would only yield a maximum score of 16. uhm.gif

But with the help of the url and Sister's formatting of that test, I think I have it all straight now. yes.gif

And yes, I think comparing this test with the personal testimonies of persons who have worked at 3ABN yeilds some very interesting numbers. scratchchin.gif
QUOTE(sister @ Jul 1 2006, 06:58 AM) [snapback]137005[/snapback]

Fran,

And thank you Sister, for calling attention to your "edited version" (which more nearly approximated the format of the original test) and which therefore cleared my confusion even before checking the url that Fran gave. yes.gif

And I think this can help answer the questions that many have raised about "why" more former or current employees have not spoken out in the past. But that is changing now as more and more employees become "former" and their courage and strength grow in proportion to their numbers.

+Quote Post
Guest_statrei_*
post Jul 1 2006, 08:45 AM
Post #102

Guests

I think Daryl was trying to say that it was his first time posting on this thread not that he had never heard of the topic being discussed in the thread.

+Quote Post
Fran
post Jul 1 2006, 11:03 AM
Post #103

500 + posts
Group Icon

QUOTE(sister @ Jul 1 2006, 06:58 AM) [snapback]137005[/snapback]

Fran,

Thank you sister for bringing that to my attention. Yes, it was honestly an oversight on my part. I would never try to steal your thunder. I see you did edit the post and did not reference the link. I am so sorry

Please continue as if I never posted. sorry.gif

--------------------

+Quote Post
Daryl Fawcett
post Jul 1 2006, 03:41 PM
Post #104

Advanced Member

Member No.: 1,851

Yes, I am specifically referring to this thread. I am aware of this topic on other boards.

I have read enough of this thread, 7 pages worth, to have asked the question.

More specifically, how does sister know about all of these so-called facts? I say so-called as these seem to be coming from a 3rd, or 4th, 5th, or etc. party source.

If this information is true, then this concerns me greatly. I stress the "if true" part though.

I would also hate to think that sister is only passing on what she knows from a 3rd, 4th, 5th, or etc. party source. I would even be concerned about it coming from a 2nd party source. I prefer to hear it from a 1st party source.

Now, if I had waited until I managed to find the time to read this whole thread before asking these questions, I would still be wondering while reading.

As I said, I am on page 7 and reading.

As far as why I chose to become a member here. I had thought of doing so for many moons now. And yes, it was learning about this topic that finally prompted me to register here.

As far as this type of topic on Maritime SDA OnLine goes, it is in a hidden private forum, which only those who have been given access can see. It isn't a type of thing we at MSDAOL wish to display to the whole unchristian and Christian world. The topic is a controlled topic with the intent of determining what is factual before posting it there. BSDA obviously feels it is OK to do this, however, when a board allows this type of thing to be posted, if it isn't true, then they open themselves up to possible legal action against them. I hope this doesn't happen to BSDA.

--------------------

Daryl Fawcett
Administrator
Maritime SDA OnLine
http://www.maritime-sda-online.com

+Quote Post
Clay
post Jul 1 2006, 03:56 PM
Post #105

5,000 + posts
Group Icon

Group: Administrator
Member No.: 4

It isn't a type of thing we at MSDAOL wish to display to the whole unchristian and Christian world. The topic is a controlled topic with the intent of determining what is factual before posting it there. BSDA obviously feels it is OK to do this, however, when a board allows this type of thing to be posted, if it isn't true, then they open themselves up to possible legal action against them. I hope this doesn't happen to BSDA.

That is where BSDA is different... we discuss things.... we don't lock it away or attempt to control it, we discuss issues..... (as an aside, I am a member of your forum, and I would agree that you all lock alot of things away....and dont hesitate to ban members, but I digress) 3ABN is an issue, and the discussion may or may not contain factual info... If it doesn't those who know can post a rebuttal which has been done in one of the threads on this topic....

As for legal action none has been threatened thus far, because again it is discussion and in this country so far people can discuss anything they wish to discuss....

Different forums serve different purposes... hope you enjoy BSDA, but then as the owner says.... bsda isn't for everyone... glad to have you aboard....

This post has been edited by Clay: Jul 1 2006, 04:05 PM

--------------------
"you are as sick as your secrets...." -quote from Celebrity Rehab-

+Quote Post

12 Pages V  « < 5 6 7 8 9 > » 
Reply to this topicStart new topic
1 User(s) are reading this topic (1 Guests and 0 Anonymous Users)
0 Members:

Lo-Fi Version Time is now: 23rd March 2008 - 03:57 PM
Design by: Download IPB Skins & eBusiness
BlackSDA has no official affiliation or endorsement from the Seventh-day Adventist church