Archive of http://www.blacksda.com/forums/index.php?showtopic=8923&st=15 preserved for the defense in 3ABN and Danny Shelton v. Joy and Pickle.
Links altered to maintain their integrity and aid in navigation, but content otherwise unchanged.
Saved at 04:57:42 PM on March 23, 2008.
IPB

Welcome Guest ( Log In | Register )

12 Pages V  < 1 2 3 4 > »   
Reply to this topicStart new topic
> An Unauthorized History Of 3abn, Chapter 10 (in the midst of the garden continued)
Guest_vonessa_*
post Jun 23 2006, 08:57 AM
Post #16

Guests

QUOTE(Clay @ Jun 23 2006, 09:52 AM) [snapback]135853[/snapback]

I thought Jesus said to be as wise as serpents and harmless as doves.... what is there to investigate? and once the investigation is complete what will happen? what is the purpose for the investigation? Danny Shelton is not the only person in this world or in the adventist church who may think that he is a god....

So when the investigation of him is done, who will be investigated next? Where does it end?

If there is a person who thinks they are god in our misdt, then dont you think we need to investagate them? Danny thinks he is a god, and either he is or he isnt. We cant investagate everybody. But when she has been given insite on someone we should take a second look. Those who the Lord calls us to investagate we must investagate.

This post has been edited by vonessa: Jun 23 2006, 08:59 AM
Go to the top of the page

+Quote Post
Clay
post Jun 23 2006, 09:02 AM
Post #17

5,000 + posts
Group Icon

Group: Administrator
Member No.: 4

QUOTE(vonessa @ Jun 23 2006, 08:57 AM) [snapback]135854[/snapback]

If there is a person who thinks they are god in our misdt, then dont you think we need to investagate them? Danny thinks he is a god, and either he is or he isnt. We cant investagate everybody. But when she has been given insite on someone we should take a second look. Those who the Lord calls us to investagate we must investagate.

well if people don't know that Mr. Shelton is not a god, then the problem is with them and not Mr. Shelton....

Sister is sharing her version of a story, and there are always at least two sides to every story....

Investigate if you must, IMO it is an effort in futility....

--------------------
"you are as sick as your secrets...." -quote from Celebrity Rehab-

+Quote Post
beanchild
post Jun 23 2006, 09:13 AM
Post #18

1,000 + posts
Group Icon

Group: Members
Member No.: 770

QUOTE(vonessa @ Jun 23 2006, 09:45 AM) [snapback]135848[/snapback]

Sister has said many important things to us, and I am just putting two and two together ...

exactly. you put two and two together and for sure did not get four. or whatever 2+2 actually equals... tongue.gif

--------------------
"NATURAL FABRIC! NATURAL FABRIC!!!"
largo, mt, 961

+Quote Post
calvin
post Jun 23 2006, 09:16 AM
Post #19

site admin
Group Icon

Group: Owner
Member No.: 1

QUOTE(vonessa @ Jun 23 2006, 08:45 AM) [snapback]135848[/snapback]

Sister has said many important things to us, and I am just putting two and two together. She said

We must investagate these serpents and I look at the names. Am I the only one here who takes sister seriously? He is thinking he is a god and somebody has set him up for that.

We are dealing in spiritual realms and it might look like foolishness to him that believeth not, but as sister says, we must investagate.

Vonnessa, you call what Sister has posted precious truths (before you edited your post). Well maybe so or maybe not. Maybe in time the truth will tell. I have learned to view most anything posted on message boards with a health dose of skepticism. Few of us really know each other. There is always another side, Danny’s side which we have not heard. Much of what Sister has written has not been collaborated. For now this still makes for an interesting story.

+Quote Post
awesumtenor
post Jun 23 2006, 09:35 AM
Post #20

5,000 + posts
Group Icon

Group: Charter Member
Member No.: 15

QUOTE(calvin @ Jun 23 2006, 11:16 AM) [snapback]135862[/snapback]

Much of what Sister has written has not been collaborated.

Umm.. I think you mean 'corroborated'... but your drift is gotten...

In His service,
Mr. J

--------------------
There is no one more dangerous than one who thinks he knows God with a mind that is ignorant - Dr. Lewis Anthony

You’ve got to be real comfortable in your own skin to survive the animosity your strength evokes in people you'd hope would like you. - Dr. Renita Weems

+Quote Post
Denny
post Jun 23 2006, 09:40 AM
Post #21

5,000 + posts
Group Icon

Group: Charter Member
Member No.: 2

QUOTE(vonessa @ Jun 23 2006, 03:57 PM) [snapback]135854[/snapback]

When did He say this? uhm.gif

--------------------
Queen Den

March- Ok where is spring? ..

+Quote Post
Nuggie
post Jun 23 2006, 09:43 AM
Post #22

1,000 + posts
Group Icon

Member No.: 984

QUOTE(vonessa @ Jun 23 2006, 08:45 AM) [snapback]135848[/snapback]

Sister has said many important things to us, and I am just putting two and two together. She said

We must investagate these serpents and I look at the names. Am I the only one here who takes sister seriously? He is thinking he is a god and somebody has set him up for that.

We are dealing in spiritual realms and it might look like foolishness to him that believeth not, but as sister says, we must investagate.

Danny's not the only person in this church with a god complex, trust me...anybody that is judgmental or who wears the "holier-than-thou" loin cloth is right up there with Mr. Shelton and quite a few stand in church pulpits every Sabbath morning...there's a reason why the Bible says to let the wheat and tares grow together until the harvest...humans are not in a position to discern who is weak wheat and who is a tare...plus, Danny could only have a god complex if he had followers that bestowed that on him, IMHO...

--------------------
Great minds discuss ideas; average minds discuss events; small minds discuss people.

+Quote Post
Guest_statrei_*
post Jun 23 2006, 09:57 AM
Post #23

Guests

QUOTE(Denny @ Jun 23 2006, 11:40 AM) [snapback]135865[/snapback]

When did He say this? uhm.gif

Maybe another person with a god complex like Danny. Who knows? dunno.gif

QUOTE(awesumtenor @ Jun 23 2006, 11:35 AM) [snapback]135864[/snapback]

Umm.. I think you mean 'corroborated'... but your drift is gotten...

In His service,
Mr. J

Or "collated."

+Quote Post
sonshineonme
post Jun 23 2006, 10:06 AM
Post #24

1,000 + posts
Group Icon

Member No.: 1,709

QUOTE(Nuggie @ Jun 23 2006, 08:43 AM) [snapback]135866[/snapback]

Danny's not the only person in this church with a god complex, trust me...anybody that is judgmental or who wears the "holier-than-thou" loin cloth is right up there with Mr. Shelton and quite a few stand in church pulpits every Sabbath morning...there's a reason why the Bible says to let the wheat and tares grow together until the harvest...humans are not in a position to discern who is weak wheat and who is a tare...plus, Danny could only have a god complex if he had followers that bestowed that on him, IMHO...

Nuggie, this was very well put (my opinion of course). We need to be open-eyed and wise. It's not easy to deal with so many issues and facts that cause us to wonder who the wheat and tares are - sometimes it is clear as crystal, others it's clear as mudd. So, the big idea here is to keep our eyes on Jesus and trust Him to give us wisdom when things are shown or revealed to us, we shouldn't be so shocked at it - he lived in it in his time and he warned us as well. We have to be careful not to get so caught up in it that it affects us negatively. This is a hard balance to keep (for me). But it can be done, it's a conscience effort made continuously. My feeling of late has been if it doesn't make me cynical, it can make me stronger in the Lord. That's what I want. I don't mind finding out that there are serpents all around, but I also don't want to become so afraid and cynical that it hurts my Christianity and most of all my relationship with Jesus. It's not easy for me at all. But I would rather know then not know. I don't want to be someone who supports the wrong when it's revealed to me. And in this case, it's been revealed to me (Danny & 3abn) and long before I ever came to BSDA, and for me with credibility that I can not dismiss. All you can do it the best you can do with what you have and walk with Jesus each step of the way. jmo. smile.gif

--------------------
Here's the thing - "...if you pull "folks" into a fight you don't know what "weapon" they will bring." PrincessDrRe

"A man who digs a pit for others to fall into, will end up falling into it himself. And if a man rolls a stone on someone, the stone will roll back on him". Said Solomon the wise, Proverbs 26:27

"No man can follow Christ and go astray." William H.P. Faunce

"If I could hear Christ praying for me in the next room, I would not fear a million enemies. Yet distance makes no difference. He is praying for me." Robert M. McCheyne

Click here for Linda Shelton's newly updated website

+Quote Post
Guest_statrei_*
post Jun 23 2006, 10:26 AM
Post #25

Guests

Humans who follow ideas critically can never be taken in by charlatans. I am concerned that those who have been bitten are not pushing for independent thought but only to remove the snake that bit them. Another snake will rise and it will be different from the first.

+Quote Post
Nuggie
post Jun 23 2006, 10:33 AM
Post #26

1,000 + posts
Group Icon

Member No.: 984

QUOTE(statrei @ Jun 23 2006, 10:26 AM) [snapback]135875[/snapback]

Humans who follow ideas critically can never be taken in by charlatans. I am concerned that those who have been bitten are not pushing for independent thought but only to remove the snake that bit them. Another snake will rise and it will be different from the first.

Deep, Dr. D... scratchchin.gif

--------------------
Great minds discuss ideas; average minds discuss events; small minds discuss people.

+Quote Post
Clay
post Jun 23 2006, 10:50 AM
Post #27

5,000 + posts
Group Icon

Member No.: 4

QUOTE(statrei @ Jun 23 2006, 10:26 AM) [snapback]135875[/snapback]

“I freed a thousand slaves I could have freed a thousand more if only they knew they were slaves.
-Harriet Tubman-

IPB Image

--------------------
"you are as sick as your secrets...." -quote from Celebrity Rehab-

+Quote Post
sonshineonme
post Jun 23 2006, 11:03 AM
Post #28

1,000 + posts
Group Icon

Member No.: 1,709

QUOTE(Clay @ Jun 23 2006, 09:50 AM) [snapback]135881[/snapback]

“I freed a thousand slaves I could have freed a thousand more if only they knew they were slaves.
-Harriet Tubman-

So, how does one come to see they are a slave? And, are we all slaves in some way? How do we learn to see where we are slaves? If people are being roped in, subtly controlled, used and manipulated and it "feels good" for what ever reason, how does the "light" come to them? What needs to be exposed and how much needs to be exposed? Is it different for everyone? Is there a bigger Force at work to help their eyes open up to it?
uhm.gif

--------------------
Here's the thing - "...if you pull "folks" into a fight you don't know what "weapon" they will bring." PrincessDrRe

"A man who digs a pit for others to fall into, will end up falling into it himself. And if a man rolls a stone on someone, the stone will roll back on him". Said Solomon the wise, Proverbs 26:27

"No man can follow Christ and go astray." William H.P. Faunce

"If I could hear Christ praying for me in the next room, I would not fear a million enemies. Yet distance makes no difference. He is praying for me." Robert M. McCheyne

Click here for Linda Shelton's newly updated website

+Quote Post
princessdi
post Jun 23 2006, 11:05 AM
Post #29

5,000 + posts
Group Icon

Member No.: 47

There it is, right there!!!

Humans who follow ideas critically can never be taken in by charlatans. I am concerned that those who have been bitten are not pushing for independent thought but only to remove the snake that bit them. Another snake will rise and it will be different from the first. - Statrei

QUOTE(Clay @ Jun 23 2006, 09:50 AM) [snapback]135881[/snapback]

-Harriet Tubman-

--------------------
TTFN
Di

And we know that all things work together for good to them that love God, to them who are the called according to his purpose---Romans 8:28

A great many people believe they are thinking when they are merely rearranging their prejudices.-- William James

It is better to be silent and be thought a fool, than to speak and remove all doubt.- Mark Twain

+Quote Post
Guest_statrei_*
post Jun 23 2006, 11:17 AM
Post #30

Guests

QUOTE(sonshineonme @ Jun 23 2006, 12:03 PM) [snapback]135882[/snapback]

So, how does one come to see they are a slave? And, are we all slaves in some way? How do we learn to see where we are slaves? If people are being roped in, subtly controlled, used and manipulated and it "feels good" for what ever reason, how does the "light" come to them? What needs to be exposed and how much needs to be exposed? Is it different for everyone? Is there a bigger Force at work to help their eyes open up to it?
uhm.gif

The only difference between the worker of today and the American slave is the ability to make independent decisions about their future. Just like the old slave I wake up each morning and go to work for somebody else and return home when they tell me to. But unlike the slave I can decide not to go in tomorrow without fear for my life. If you live in the most beautiful house in the world with all the amenities of life but you cannot leave whenever you want to then you are a captive. If you follow the most illustrious ideas but you are not free to question those ideas then you are a captive of the one who developed those ideas. Too many confuse mental torpidity with piety and devotion. "Amen" is not a good substitute for "What does this mean?"

+Quote Post

12 Pages V  < 1 2 3 4 > » 
Reply to this topicStart new topic
1 User(s) are reading this topic (1 Guests and 0 Anonymous Users)
0 Members:

Lo-Fi Version Time is now: 23rd March 2008 - 03:57 PM
Design by: Download IPB Skins & eBusiness
BlackSDA has no official affiliation or endorsement from the Seventh-day Adventist church