Archive of http://www.blacksda.com/forums/index.php?showtopic=8923&st=30 preserved for the defense in 3ABN and Danny Shelton v. Joy and Pickle.
Links altered to maintain their integrity and aid in navigation, but content otherwise unchanged.
Saved at 04:57:44 PM on March 23, 2008.
IPB

Welcome Guest ( Log In | Register )

12 Pages V  < 1 2 3 4 5 > »   
Reply to this topicStart new topic
> An Unauthorized History Of 3abn, Chapter 10 (in the midst of the garden continued)
sister
post Jun 23 2006, 12:09 PM
Post #31

500 + posts
Group Icon

Group: Members
Member No.: 762

QUOTE(vonessa @ Jun 23 2006, 09:45 AM) [snapback]135848[/snapback]

Sister has said many important things to us, and I am just putting two and two together...Am I the only one here who takes sister seriously?

At this point I think it is time for me to jump into the midst of the fray and address some issues that Vonessa appears to continue churning up, resulting in a repeat performance by all those that enter into dialogue with her concerning my 3ABN narratives.

First, as a wordsmith I can appreciate the melodrama expressed in Vonessa’s emotional response to my writings. These narratives have only been a small attempt of illuminating some aspects of life within the ministry of 3ABN that have remained hidden to both the devoted television viewer and the casual observer visiting the ministry complex. But what I have found unnerving is the extrapolations that Vonessa has made and the conclusions she has drawn from those extrapolations. And following that, the measures she has suggested be undertaken based, not upon what I have written, but upon the conclusions she has drawn from her own extrapolations and attributing this line of reasoning to my writings. I beg to differ with Vonessa. I thank her for her appreciation of what I have written, but not for the inflammatory conclusions she has drawn, which draws attention away from the actual message and intent of the author of the narratives. Wild speculation and extrapolation tend to damage the credibility of what is written. So before we all get to far down the garden path, let us just turn around and get back on higher ground.

One last thought, the importance of my writing is in the eyes of the beholder. To the victims whose stories I have revealed hopefully it brings a certain vindication. The more people who know what goes on behind the scenes at 3ABN, the less likely that others will be victimized in the same manner. It doesn’t ease their pain, but perhaps with the telling it will prepare the way for the time when more of the story is disclosed from other sources and more of the truth is uncovered. As to this being a one-sided account, it is the responsibility of the opposition to step forward and have their say. I do not choose, nor would I be expected to play Devil’s Advocate and present their spin on the truth. This is a public forum and Calvin is gracious in giving everyone the same opportunity to represent themselves. Perhaps the silence is roaring: what defense can be made when the truth has been revealed? I am still waiting for their answer...

This post has been edited by sister: Jun 23 2006, 01:12 PM
Go to the top of the page

+Quote Post
Clay
post Jun 23 2006, 01:12 PM
Post #32

5,000 + posts
Group Icon

Group: Administrator
Member No.: 4

which is the danger in wordsmithing.... some folks are not able to interpret or comprehend.... not suggesting its your fault, just making an observation.....

--------------------
"you are as sick as your secrets...." -quote from Celebrity Rehab-

+Quote Post
sister
post Jun 23 2006, 01:15 PM
Post #33

500 + posts
Group Icon

QUOTE(Clay @ Jun 23 2006, 02:12 PM) [snapback]135909[/snapback]

which is the danger in wordsmithing.... some folks are not able to interpret or comprehend.... not suggesting its your fault, just making an observation.....

A valid observation.

This post has been edited by sister: Jun 23 2006, 02:18 PM

+Quote Post
beartrap
post Jun 23 2006, 03:30 PM
Post #34

500 + posts
Group Icon

Member No.: 1,659

QUOTE(calvin @ Jun 23 2006, 10:16 AM) [snapback]135862[/snapback]

There is always another side, Danny’s side which we have not heard.

Haven't heard? Danny has had letters sent out to the 180,000 on his mailing list, spoken his side on worldwide television, and had his employees, board members, and associates do the same. Next to how widely his side has been heard, the other side has not uttered a peep.

+Quote Post
Jvat
post Jun 23 2006, 03:50 PM
Post #35

Advanced Member

Member No.: 514

To be fair though, Beartrap, most of Danny's utterings have revolved around his miracle stories and the situation as he sees it that led to his wife being divorced, no?

This post has been edited by Jvat: Jun 23 2006, 03:51 PM

+Quote Post
beartrap
post Jun 23 2006, 04:14 PM
Post #36

500 + posts
Group Icon

Member No.: 1,659

QUOTE(Jvat @ Jun 23 2006, 04:50 PM) [snapback]135938[/snapback]

To be fair though, Beartrap, most of Danny's utterings have revolved around his miracle stories and the situation as he sees it that led to his wife being divorced, no?

uhm.gif That is his side... isn't it?

+Quote Post
sonshineonme
post Jun 23 2006, 04:18 PM
Post #37

1,000 + posts
Group Icon

Member No.: 1,709

QUOTE(beartrap @ Jun 23 2006, 03:14 PM) [snapback]135941[/snapback]

uhm.gif That is his side... isn't it?

That's what I was thinking..... dunno.gif uhm.gif

--------------------
Here's the thing - "...if you pull "folks" into a fight you don't know what "weapon" they will bring." PrincessDrRe

"A man who digs a pit for others to fall into, will end up falling into it himself. And if a man rolls a stone on someone, the stone will roll back on him". Said Solomon the wise, Proverbs 26:27

"No man can follow Christ and go astray." William H.P. Faunce

"If I could hear Christ praying for me in the next room, I would not fear a million enemies. Yet distance makes no difference. He is praying for me." Robert M. McCheyne

Click here for Linda Shelton's newly updated website

+Quote Post
PaperTigers
post Jun 23 2006, 05:56 PM
Post #38

Advanced Member

Member No.: 1,689

QUOTE(sonshineonme @ Jun 23 2006, 06:18 PM) [snapback]135942[/snapback]

That's what I was thinking..... dunno.gif uhm.gif

I'm thinking I have to agree huh.gif scratchchin.gif

--------------------
~ Sometimes the hardest thing to do is the RIGHT thing!

~ Work like you don't need the money, love like you've never been hurt and dance like you would if no one was watching!
IPB Image

+Quote Post
Fran
post Jun 23 2006, 07:50 PM
Post #39

500 + posts
Group Icon

Group: Financial Donor
Member No.: 529

QUOTE(PaperTigers @ Jun 23 2006, 06:56 PM) [snapback]135953[/snapback]

I'm thinking I have to agree huh.gif scratchchin.gif

I agree with you both, too!

Tonight, I have been trying to get on 3ABN's website to hear the self proclaimed, great one on 3ABN Today. All I can get is a blank page with 2 words in a large font that says, "Service Unavailable". What is happening? Anyone else having this happen?

--------------------
The greatest want of the world is the want of men-- men who will not be bought or sold, men who in their inmost souls are true and honest, men who do not fear to call sin by its right name, men whose conscience is as true to duty as the needle to the pole, men who will stand for the right though the heavens fall. {Ed 57.3}
But such a character is not the result of accident; it is not due to special favors or endowments of Providence. A noble character is the result of self-discipline, of the subjection of the lower to the higher nature--the surrender of self for the service of love to God and man. {Ed 57.4}

+Quote Post
Hersheys99
post Jun 23 2006, 08:28 PM
Post #40

500 + posts
Group Icon

Group: Financial Donor
Member No.: 1,672

Fran I just tried to access the website too a minute ago & it said service unavailable for me as well.

--------------------
My second favorite household chore is ironing. My first one being -- hitting my head on the top bunk bed until I faint.
-Erma Bombeck-

Inside me lives a skinny woman crying to get out. But I can usually shut her up with cookies.
(Unknown)

+Quote Post
sonshineonme
post Jun 23 2006, 08:43 PM
Post #41

1,000 + posts
Group Icon

QUOTE(Hersheys99 @ Jun 23 2006, 07:28 PM) [snapback]135970[/snapback]

Fran I just tried to access the website too a minute ago & it said service unavailable for me as well.

Fran says: Tonight, I have been trying to get on 3ABN's website to hear the self proclaimed, great one on 3ABN Today. All I can get is a blank page with 2 words in a large font that says, "Service Unavailable". What is happening? Anyone else having this happen?

KINDA SPOOKEY if you ask me.
Maybe their on vacation.
Maybe their web guy quit.
Maybe their web guy got fired.
Maybe...ok, i'll stop. rolleyes.gif blink.gif wacko.gif angel.gif

--------------------
Here's the thing - "...if you pull "folks" into a fight you don't know what "weapon" they will bring." PrincessDrRe

"A man who digs a pit for others to fall into, will end up falling into it himself. And if a man rolls a stone on someone, the stone will roll back on him". Said Solomon the wise, Proverbs 26:27

"If I could hear Christ praying for me in the next room, I would not fear a million enemies. Yet distance makes no difference. He is praying for me." Robert M. McCheyne

+Quote Post
sonshineonme
post Jun 23 2006, 08:57 PM
Post #42

1,000 + posts
Group Icon

QUOTE(Hersheys99 @ Jun 23 2006, 07:28 PM) [snapback]135970[/snapback]

Ok, you can still get online another way...
http://www.bwis.net/3abn/
and click on "watch TV"
Danny is just now ending...

This post has been edited by sonshineonme: Jun 23 2006, 08:59 PM

--------------------

+Quote Post
sister
post Jun 23 2006, 09:19 PM
Post #43

500 + posts
Group Icon

QUOTE(sonshineonme @ Jun 23 2006, 09:43 PM) [snapback]135973[/snapback]

Fran says: Tonight, I have been trying to get on 3ABN's website to hear the self proclaimed, great one on 3ABN Today. All I can get is a blank page with 2 words in a large font that says, "Service Unavailable". What is happening? Anyone else having this happen?
KINDA SPOOKEY if you ask me.
Maybe their on vacation.
Maybe their web guy quit.
Maybe their web guy got fired.
Maybe...ok, i'll stop. rolleyes.gif blink.gif wacko.gif angel.gif

Or maybe too many SDA's have got nothing better to do on Friday evenings than watching "kosher" TV? TVsnack.gif Now that 3ABN is permanently bumped off Sky Angel, some of these same viewers may be overloading the website bandwidth. The more difficult it becomes to watch online during the Sabbath hours, the sooner the donations will start drying up. We can only imagine the effect that could have on Danny. crybaby.gif He might have to start going to a dentist in Chicago, rather than flying the jet all the way to the California to get his teeth cleaned every six months. But we all have our burdens to carry. roflmao.gif rofl1.gif roflmao.gif

+Quote Post
seeshell
post Jun 23 2006, 10:05 PM
Post #44

1,000 + posts
Group Icon

Member No.: 1,679

QUOTE(sister @ Jun 23 2006, 09:19 PM) [snapback]135978[/snapback]

But we all have our burdens to carry. roflmao.gif rofl1.gif roflmao.gif

Yeah. roflmao.gif roflmao.gif

--------------------
Shelley

"It's not the size of the dog in the fight, it's the size of the fight in the dog." Mark Twain

"It is not my first object in life to make people like me." Elizabeth Prentiss

"Níor dhún Dia doras riamh nar oscail Sé ceann eile."

+Quote Post
Guest_vonessa_*
post Jun 24 2006, 08:11 AM
Post #45

Guests

QUOTE(sister @ Jun 23 2006, 01:09 PM) [snapback]135895[/snapback]

Perhaps the silence is roaring: what defense can be made when the truth has been revealed? I am still waiting for their answer...

Thank you again for telling these truths that we need to hear so desperately. There is no defense against what you said. It is a hammer of truth.

I agree that we are to judge, or at least be fruit inspectors. A farmer knows that he has to sell good fruit because if he lets a few bad apples by from time to time people think his fruit is bad. I bought fruit at a fund raiser at our school and some of it was bad and I had to toss the whole box. Fortunately sister's fruit is good. Dannys - - not so good. If any of your fruit was bad then I would toss the box. Well, breakfast time for me.

I am going to try to make stripples for the family. I am the deaconess today so I have to get ready.

Happy Sabbath to all.

+Quote Post

12 Pages V  < 1 2 3 4 5 > » 
Reply to this topicStart new topic
1 User(s) are reading this topic (1 Guests and 0 Anonymous Users)
0 Members:

Lo-Fi Version Time is now: 23rd March 2008 - 03:57 PM
Design by: Download IPB Skins & eBusiness
BlackSDA has no official affiliation or endorsement from the Seventh-day Adventist church