Archive of http://www.blacksda.com/forums/index.php?showtopic=9765&st=75 preserved for the defense in 3ABN and Danny Shelton v. Joy and Pickle.
Links altered to maintain their integrity and aid in navigation, but content otherwise unchanged.
Saved at 01:49:54 PM on March 27, 2008.
IPB

Welcome Guest ( Log In | Register )

10 Pages V  « < 4 5 6 7 8 > »   
Reply to this topicStart new topic
> An Unauthorized History Of 3abn, Chapter 4 (takin care of business...)
calvin
post Apr 28 2006, 03:28 PM
Post #76

site admin
Group Icon

Group: Owner
Member No.: 1

So what is the man's name Sister.? Don't just leave a brother hanging. afro.gif

QUOTE(sister @ Apr 27 2006, 02:49 PM) [snapback]128279[/snapback]

A Man of Influence...

His name is recognizable to few of the rank and file that make up the millions of members of the Seventh-day Adventist Church. Although holding no prominent church office, his name alone guarantees his entrance at the highest organizational levels. Like a master puppeteer who manipulates the strings from behind the curtains, out of sight from the audience, he causes the marionettes to perform at his bidding through the pressure he exerts on their strings. With a few well chosen and well placed words he puts up Division and Conference Presidents, then has them removed or moved at his discretion.

How can one man weld so much power? Money... To refuse to comply with his wishes would mean the rescinding of the funds he so “generously” supplies. As many have experienced, “He who pays the piper calls the tunes.” In addition to the organized church, he guides the reins of many familiar SDA organizations. Have you heard of ASI or OCI? Who is this individual that makes church officials tremble in his wake? Who is this shadowy figure, his plans concealed from view? What is his motivation? Where does he fit into our story?

As a come up to a red traffic signal, a large truck is stopped before me. On the mud flaps is a partially obscured name. It ends with the letter “s”, but the rest lay hidden behind the construction grime that covers it... I just can not make it out clearly, the image haunts me the entire day as I try to remember the name. Like a snippet of a melody that plays over and over in your head and you can not recall the rest of the tune, it permeates my thoughts.

“C-O-N-T-R-O-L!” “CONTROL!” “It is spelled C-O-N-T-R-O-L!” Then Danny opens his mouth, sticks out his tongue and jabbing his fingers toward the opening, completes a gesture for vomiting that one would expect only from a small child. “That is just what Garwin did and said!”Then Danny laughs and continues on with the story.

The story Danny related took place during the administration of Robert Folkenberg as president of the GC. The purpose of the meeting? It depends upon what version you are quoting. To hear it told from Danny’s perspective, Folkenberg and the GC were attempting a hostile takeover of 3ABN. As the parties involved addressed each other over the formulation of the document that lay on the table between them and what this would mean for the administrative and operational future of 3ABN, an older man walked in and sat down. Intent upon the negotiations that were suggested by the parties involved, he remained silent. Pairs of eyes darted back and forth, trying to “read” what lay behind his intent expression, with the full knowledge that once his opinion was voiced they would be expected to fall into line.

He stood up and all conversation ceased, you could feel the tension mount as those assembled waited for his pronouncement... Raising his hand toward his head, his mouth opened and sticking out his tongue he jabbed his fingers toward the opening. After completing this gesture he said, “C-O-N-T-R-O-L!” “CONTROL!” “It is spelled C-O-N-T-R-O-L!” With this announcement and his elaborations that followed, 3ABN was “saved” from the interference of the GC. But at what price? Instead of becoming an organization working in conjunction with the organized church, 3ABN became what it is today: a private institution with accountability to no one, run by a man who has professed himself to be as “god” in his ministry.

To be continued...

Go to the top of the page

+Quote Post
PrincessDrRe
post Apr 28 2006, 07:18 PM
Post #77

PrincessDrRe
Group Icon

Group: Financial Donor
Member No.: 712

snack.gif

It's like a novella....

"Te amo....."
"No, no te amo....."

snack.gif

This post has been edited by PrincessDrRe: Apr 28 2006, 07:18 PM

--------------------
*"Some folks use their ignorance like a umbrella. It covers everything, they perodically take it out from time to time, but it never is too far away from them."*
PrincessDrRe; March, 2007

~"Blood = Meat, Face = Meat, Internal "Organs" = Meat - you can try to make it cuter; but it's still meat...."~
PrincessDrRe; September, 2007

*(NOTE: Any advice given by Re' Silvey, MSW is not to be taken as medical/mental health advice. Although trained to be a counselor, currently employed as a therapist, and currently pursuing her PhD in Counseling Psychology (ABD/I) - she is not your assigned therapist. Please consult a mental health professional of your choice for a face-to-face consultation.)*

+Quote Post
PaperTigers
post Apr 28 2006, 08:20 PM
Post #78

Advanced Member

Group: Members
Member No.: 1,689

popcom.gif pepsi.gif I'll share my popcorn, Princess!!
This is getting interesting, I think I'll put on my pj bottoms and grab a comfy chair.

--------------------
~ Sometimes the hardest thing to do is the RIGHT thing!

~ Work like you don't need the money, love like you've never been hurt and dance like you would if no one was watching!
IPB Image

+Quote Post
princessdi
post Apr 28 2006, 08:30 PM
Post #79

5,000 + posts
Group Icon

Group: Administrator
Member No.: 47

Move over you two!! Have some juice, soda to go with that popcorn and fried meaty bits.............. pepsi.gif
QUOTE(PaperTigers @ Apr 28 2006, 07:20 PM) [snapback]128416[/snapback]

popcom.gif pepsi.gif I'll share my popcorn, Princess!!
This is getting interesting, I think I'll put on my pj bottoms and grab a comfy chair.

--------------------
TTFN
Di

And we know that all things work together for good to them that love God, to them who are the called according to his purpose---Romans 8:28

A great many people believe they are thinking when they are merely rearranging their prejudices.-- William James

It is better to be silent and be thought a fool, than to speak and remove all doubt.- Mark Twain

+Quote Post
sister
post Apr 29 2006, 03:37 PM
Post #80

500 + posts
Group Icon

Member No.: 762

The Tree in the midst of the Garden...Part 2

As we return to our chronicle, we observe Danny continually returning and gorging himself upon the fruit from that forbidden tree. Realizing that he may soon stand before the world caught with his pants down, unlike Adam, who hastily assembled a garment of leaves to cover his nakedness, Danny has the entire resources of 3ABN poised and ready, “for the good of the ministry”. At a moment’s notice, spinning the threads needed to prepare a new garment for him, tailor-made to obliterate Danny’s most recent public verbal indiscretion. The chief spin-doctor, Walt Thompson, prepares another letter as the Chairman of the Board of 3ABN. It is quickly distributed through the mailing list of donors. The object of which is to so obscure the gaze of the active viewer or casual visitor to 3ABN to what lies hidden beneath the surface and keep the money rolling in. This is essential to maintain Danny seat on his throne as “god” of 3ABN.

There is one important fact that Danny and Walt have overlooked: there are many open and other somewhat more oblique secrets, the knowledge and protection of which rest in the minds of many witnesses and their continued silence.

The confidentially of Danny’s “indiscretions” can only be maintained as long as the current and former employees of 3ABN, as well as the elected and appointed personnel of the SDA church, and even the inner sanctum of Danny’s immediate and extended family (both past, current and future) are all willing to remain silent for “the good of the ministry”. All of whom have been lead to believe that the stability and continuance of 3ABN lies in retaining Danny Shelton as it’s sole founder—since the public humiliation and dismissal of co-founder, Linda Shelton—and the public face of the SDA church.

When the day arrives, and it will, after all the Public Relations spin and hype is removed and Danny stands before the world...but we are getting ahead of ourselves. Let’s continue with our current narration...

One facet of this story has always intrigued me. It is how a man can continue to be “the face of the Seventh-day Adventist church to the world”, when so many people are aware of the falsehoods and intrigues” behind the scenes at 3ABN”? Let’s explore this issue to a greater extent, before the identity and the actions of the two women introduced in Part 1 of this narration are unveiled:

1. Many of the former employees of 3ABN have witnessed personally different aspects, including those exposed here and many further events that have not yet been publically revealed, of 3ABN’s hidden history. They have been persuaded, like many, that 3ABN can not sustain the loss of Danny Shelton at it’s helm. As sincere followers of Christ, they are so sicken by what they have experienced that when they leave 3ABN, they just want to forget the whole mess and get on with their lives.

Then there are good people who sincerely believe in what can be accomplished, in spite of Danny Shelton, and they remain year, after year. To do so, is a very difficult task. It means having to put on blinders and as a race horse, not looking to the left or right, completely concentrating on the finish line. But this choice comes at a great price. You are still aware of all the horses as you run in the midst of them, you can still hear everything as you circle the track and the aroma that surrounds you permeates your nostrils . Day after day you keep telling yourself you are doing this for the good of the ministry.

2. Until Hope Channel is secured on considerably more cable networks in the USA, a loose partnership is perceived as necessary between the SDA church and 3ABN. If that means turning a blind eye on Danny’s most recent Public Relations nightmare, his divorce from Linda and his remarriage to Brandy, it is considered a small price to pay in return for what Danny has to offer.

3. The immediate and extended Shelton family, both past and present, this is another kettle of fish all together. Over the years Danny has been very “free” in his conversation within the extended family circle. This freedom of speech relates to primarily three preconceived notions on his part: his perception of their “loyalty” to him, his need and desire for bragging and just plain ignorance. Oh, then there are also a few others, those who have been silenced by gag orders or so discredited publicly that they are considered a “manageable” threat. Those include Danny’s ex-wife, former son-in-law and previous employees.

There is a popular saying in southern Illinois that pertains to the assumption of ignorance, cited under number three: A man got into a long line, he thought if so many people where willing to wait it must be something really important or free, as he tired of the delay he inquired of those ahead of him what they were all waiting for. Upon hearing what he assumed to be their response, he quickly fell out of line and went fishing. The crowd had responded in unison with one word— Brains. Being a good old boy and not paying enough attention, he thought they said “Trains” and knowing full well that there were enough of those hauling coal from the local mines to the cities in the North, he just shook his head and walked away.

What all three groups above share in common is one unmistakably flawed supposition: the ministry of 3ABN would not continue without the leadership of Danny Shelton. I am here to testify to the falsehood of that assumption. It is God who has raised up this ministry, in spite of Danny Shelton, not because of him. Why else would it only take Hope Channel only three years to achieve the same growth that it took 3ABN twelve years, under the leadership of Danny Shelton?

It has been suggest that this unauthorized history of 3ABN is nothing more than an interesting read. A weak attempt to dismiss the authenticity of the stories that have been related. In rebuttal I would like to quote a comment that Clay made on another thread relating to Danny Shelton, “...how do you know that God has not prompted us to speak out against some of the foolishness we have observed? How do you know that we aren’t part of God’ fixing it?”

A this point we will again pause in our story... No, I have not forgotten that I promised to reveal the identity of the two women and their involvement with Danny, that is still ahead of us.

Stay tuned for Part 3 of “The Tree in the midst of the Garden”...

+Quote Post
PrincessDrRe
post Apr 29 2006, 04:20 PM
Post #81

PrincessDrRe
Group Icon

Oooooh!

snack.gif

Pass the Sodie! Here's some fried meaty bits for all yall...

snack.gif

--------------------
*"Some folks use their ignorance like a umbrella. It covers everything, they perodically take it out from time to time, but it never is too far away from them."*

~"Blood = Meat, Face = Meat, Internal "Organs" = Meat - you can try to make it cuter; but it's still meat...."~

*(NOTE: Any advice given by Re' Silvey, MSW is not to be taken as medical/mental health advice. Although trained to be a counselor, currently employed as a therapist, and currently pursuing her PhD in Counseling Psychology (ABD/I) - she is not your assigned therapist. Please consult a mental health professional of your choice for a face-to-face consultation.)*

+Quote Post
Just a Guy
post Apr 29 2006, 08:36 PM
Post #82

Advanced Member

Member No.: 176

Somebody remind me why we are taking everything this "sister" person says as the gospel truth? Didn't your mama teach you that not everything posted on the internet is true? This whole thread seems like it's straight out of the National Enquirer. Tiny bits of truth spread amongst gossip and lies.

+Quote Post
princessdi
post Apr 29 2006, 09:58 PM
Post #83

5,000 + posts
Group Icon

Member No.: 47

JAG, you can always skip this thread. I know I skip some that are of no interest to me, or for the most part just scan them for offenses to the rules. But if they are of no interest to me, I just don't post to them, just as I choose not to buy or read the Enquirer. That is always an option. BTJM dunno.gif

--------------------
TTFN
Di

And we know that all things work together for good to them that love God, to them who are the called according to his purpose---Romans 8:28

A great many people believe they are thinking when they are merely rearranging their prejudices.-- William James

It is better to be silent and be thought a fool, than to speak and remove all doubt.- Mark Twain

+Quote Post
Clay
post Apr 30 2006, 12:21 AM
Post #84

5,000 + posts
Group Icon

Member No.: 4

QUOTE(Just a Guy @ Apr 29 2006, 09:36 PM) [snapback]128495[/snapback]

Somebody remind me why we are taking everything this "sister" person says as the gospel truth? Didn't your mama teach you that not everything posted on the internet is true? This whole thread seems like it's straight out of the National Enquirer. Tiny bits of truth spread amongst gossip and lies.

who said we are taking it as truth.... we are reading and evaluating... the truth we may never know..... besides... the name of the thread is.... An Unauthorized History of 3ABN..... if you think its not true.... then ask questions or do some digging of your own..... btjm....

--------------------
"you are as sick as your secrets...." -quote from Celebrity Rehab-

+Quote Post
sister
post Apr 30 2006, 12:47 PM
Post #85

500 + posts
Group Icon

Member No.: 762

The Tree in the midst of the Garden...Part 3

Leaning against a tree Danny looks up, causing a trickle of incredibly sweet juice to run down his chin. Lifting his arm he wipes the sap on the sleeve of his flannel shirt. Gazing up into the branches he sees a creature so beautiful it defies description. It begins whispering to him in a voice so melodious he imagines that it must be an angel sent by God. Leaning closer, so as not to miss a single word, transfixed by this image before him, his hand relaxes and the fruit that it once clasped drops to the ground at his feet. As he intently listens, the creature reveals his future: Danny will have dreams and visions coming directly from GOD. When Danny speaks it will be the voice of god at 3ABN. No matter what he says, whether it is right or wrong, it is right; for he will be like God...

As a sleeper awoken in the midst of a dream, Danny shakes his head and slowly stands up from where he has been seated on the porch. Brushing off the dust from the seat of his pants, he walks into the house. Pausing next to Linda, he grabs a piece of fruit, bites into it and starts chewing. The sap starts to roll down his chin and as he lifts his arm, wiping away the juice on the sleeve of his shirt, he thinks about the “daydream” that just passed before his eyes as he sat on their porch. A smile lights up his face, sitting down he picks up his guitar and starts strumming. His future is appearing rosier all the time...

The first of the “two women” has entered the scene. A friendship between she, her husband and Danny dates back from before the founding of 3ABN. She is familiar with the intrigues and falsehoods that can be used to gain power in a ministry, to control and manipulate those that surround the throne of power. Together, with her husband, she held tightly the reins of their growing congregation. Renowned for her Pentecostal teachings on speaking in tongues and with the skilled homiletics of her husband in the pulpit, there appeared to be no ceiling on the heights they could scale, no end to the wealth accumulated and at their complete disposal, and definitely no lack of skill on her part in manipulating “the truth behind the scenes” to keep them from reaching the zenith of private ministries. But there was one chink in the armor, something even Mollie could not control: the drinking, and the womanizing that accompanied it, of an alcoholic husband. How quickly the mighty can fall...

As Mollie spun, returning to the earth, a hand was held out to her, offering her escape from her downward spiral. Clutching the outstretched hand, her fall was aborted in mid-flight and she was again where she belonged—in ministry. True, it meant beginning in a humble position, but that would not pose too great an obstacle for Mollie to surmount. She had time and experience on her side, and if the climb to the top included compromising principle and even lying, she could clearly see that “the end justifies the means”. Besides, it is imperative that she regain the power that was wrenched from her grasp and in time, to exceed it.

In 1990, at the height of their ministry, Hal and Mollie were invited to be the speakers at a week of prayer at 3ABN. Why would a Seventh-day Adventist invite a Pentecostal pastor and his wife, experts in the teachings of speaking in tongues, as the speakers for a week of prayer within his ministry?
The answer... Hal and Mollie told the employees that they (the employees) had been given to Danny as gifts, all wrapped up, and that when those gifts were opened, Danny would reveal to them who they were and what they were to become. In my book this smells like a set up, not unlike a fancy man touting his “ladies” on a street corner. Only this time it is Hal and Mollie sitting in the front seat of the Caddy and there stands Danny all turned out by them, the newest prophet in the SDA church—proclamation and confirmation from the same source.

This same said Mollie and Hal Steenson, were the collaborators in suggesting and sustaining the “first miracle” of 3ABN. It was Hal who advised Danny that by telling the story of Hal’s purported “gift” of television equipment to Danny from a Pentecostal ministry, with Hal willing to sign a falsified document substantiating the “fact”, it would “prime the financial pump” and the donations would stream in to Danny’s pockets. The truth of the matter is that this $100,000.00 worth of equipment actually came from Joe Crews, the founder of Amazing Facts, in exchange for air time.

Some years later, Mollie returns to 3ABN, snatched from the crumbling ruins of the ministry that she and Hal built. It was Danny Shelton who reached out his hand to her and broke her fall. After her installation as his personal secretary, she immediately starts affirming to Danny and promulgating to everyone else in the 3ABN compound that God speaks to Danny and speaks to them through Danny. Mollie was now back in her element.

The story continues on in Part 4 of “The Tree in the midst of the Garden”...

+Quote Post
PrincessDrRe
post Apr 30 2006, 01:15 PM
Post #86

PrincessDrRe
Group Icon

QUOTE(Just a Guy @ Apr 29 2006, 10:36 PM) [snapback]128495[/snapback]

Could the same be said of your post? - I'm jes saying...you know?

dunno.gif

--------------------

+Quote Post
summertime
post Apr 30 2006, 04:46 PM
Post #87

Advanced Member

Member No.: 1,655

QUOTE(Jvat @ Apr 27 2006, 10:01 PM) [snapback]128303[/snapback]

Does the SDA church operate like a Mafia Organisation, folks? That a man can have money and use it to manipulate the church to his own ends and GET AWAY WITH IT???? Lord help us all!!!

Mudflaps, mudflaps mudflaps!!!!!

+Quote Post
Fran
post Apr 30 2006, 05:31 PM
Post #88

500 + posts
Group Icon

Member No.: 529

QUOTE(summertime @ Apr 30 2006, 04:46 PM) [snapback]128565[/snapback]

Mudflaps, mudflaps mudflaps!!!!!

On cement trucks, on cement trucks, on cement trucks? ? ? ?

--------------------
The greatest want of the world is the want of men-- men who will not be bought or sold, men who in their inmost souls are true and honest, men who do not fear to call sin by its right name, men whose conscience is as true to duty as the needle to the pole, men who will stand for the right though the heavens fall. {Ed 57.3}
But such a character is not the result of accident; it is not due to special favors or endowments of Providence. A noble character is the result of self-discipline, of the subjection of the lower to the higher nature--the surrender of self for the service of love to God and man. {Ed 57.4}

+Quote Post
summertime
post Apr 30 2006, 08:14 PM
Post #89

Advanced Member

Member No.: 1,655

QUOTE(Fran @ Apr 30 2006, 06:31 PM) [snapback]128569[/snapback]

On cement trucks, on cement trucks, on cement trucks? ? ? ?

Yes, indeed!!!

+Quote Post
Panama_Pete
post Apr 30 2006, 08:37 PM
Post #90

500 + posts
Group Icon

Member No.: 522

QUOTE(summertime @ Apr 30 2006, 09:14 PM) [snapback]128597[/snapback]

Yes, indeed!!!

Trucks often have names on the mud flaps. It's interesting, when you're on the road, how many different companies there are. Some brand names are more common than other.

Here's an example of what they sometimes look like.

IPB Image

They also come with all kinds of different logos. Here are some examples.

IPB Image

IPB Image

This post has been edited by Panama_Pete: Apr 30 2006, 08:38 PM

+Quote Post

10 Pages V  « < 4 5 6 7 8 > » 
Reply to this topicStart new topic
1 User(s) are reading this topic (1 Guests and 0 Anonymous Users)
0 Members:

Lo-Fi Version Time is now: 27th March 2008 - 12:49 PM
Design by: Download IPB Skins & eBusiness
BlackSDA has no official affiliation or endorsement from the Seventh-day Adventist church