Archive of http://www.blacksda.com/forums/index.php?showtopic=9765&st=90 preserved for the defense in 3ABN and Danny Shelton v. Joy and Pickle.
Links altered to maintain their integrity and aid in navigation, but content otherwise unchanged.
Saved at 01:49:56 PM on March 27, 2008.
IPB

Welcome Guest ( Log In | Register )

10 Pages V  « < 5 6 7 8 9 > »   
Reply to this topicStart new topic
> An Unauthorized History Of 3abn, Chapter 4 (takin care of business...)
summertime
post May 1 2006, 09:46 AM
Post #91

Advanced Member

Group: Members
Member No.: 1,655

QUOTE(Panama_Pete @ Apr 30 2006, 08:37 PM) [snapback]128598[/snapback]

Trucks often have names on the mud flaps. It's interesting, when you're on the road, how many different companies there are. Some brand names are more common than other.

Here's an example of what they sometimes look like.

IPB Image
They also come with all kinds of different logos. Here are some examples.

IPB Image

IPB Image

One can almost take their choice, can't they, Panama Pete?. Which do you pay the most attention to--especially if you are a 3ABN listener or if you belong to ASI? How many end with an 'S'--Interesting.

This post has been edited by summertime: May 1 2006, 09:47 AM
Go to the top of the page

+Quote Post
Zephyr
post May 1 2006, 09:57 AM
Post #92

Advanced Member

Member No.: 1,556

QUOTE(summertime @ May 1 2006, 09:46 AM) [snapback]128630[/snapback]

One can almost take their choice, can't they, Panama Pete?. Which do you pay the most attention to--especially if you are a 3ABN listener or if you belong to ASI? How many end with an 'S'--Interesting.

Ahem...ahem....

--------------------
"I believe what my church teaches.
My church teaches what I believe.
My church and I believe the same thing."--The Apostate's Creed.

+Quote Post
Guest_vonessa_*
post May 1 2006, 10:03 AM
Post #93

Guests

After reading all of this, I just felt I had to register to show my happiness that this dear sister has taken time out of her busy schedule to provide us with this valuable information that I believe comes directly from the lips of our Lord. Now, I'm not saying that she is perfect, but to blend such truths and such words with such artistry, one has to be doubly blessed. If she was not telling the truth, it would not sound this good!

But just to be sure before I start thinking our brother had an affair, Sister, can you tell me if Danny had an affair with Molly? And why do all their names end with a "y"? I can't get over that. Southern Illinois it is!

+Quote Post
PrincessDrRe
post May 1 2006, 10:33 AM
Post #94

PrincessDrRe
Group Icon

Group: Financial Donor
Member No.: 712

Welcome Vonessa!

If you eat meat - have some fried meaty bits - snack.gif
If you don't eat meat - have some fried wham bits - snack.gif

--------------------
*"Some folks use their ignorance like a umbrella. It covers everything, they perodically take it out from time to time, but it never is too far away from them."*
PrincessDrRe; March, 2007

~"Blood = Meat, Face = Meat, Internal "Organs" = Meat - you can try to make it cuter; but it's still meat...."~
PrincessDrRe; September, 2007

*(NOTE: Any advice given by Re' Silvey, MSW is not to be taken as medical/mental health advice. Although trained to be a counselor, currently employed as a therapist, and currently pursuing her PhD in Counseling Psychology (ABD/I) - she is not your assigned therapist. Please consult a mental health professional of your choice for a face-to-face consultation.)*

+Quote Post
Guest_vonessa_*
post May 1 2006, 11:30 AM
Post #95

Guests

Thank you for your warm welcome.

I just had the opportunity to read more of the writings of our sister. The only thing that doesn't set well with me is the way she said that environmental engineers are "still garbagemen." My father was a "garbage man" whose spirit was greatly lifted by the simple change in terms. I know it may not mean much to you if you've had a life of luxury, and you may even look down on these brothers, but for my father, he didn't have a big education. But he worked his finger to his bones as an environmental engineer for 34 years to put myself and my 3 brothers and sisters through our seventh-day Adventist education.

He knew it was not a luxury job, or a glamorus one, but he took pride in what he did and he worked hard to support his family and today we are strong as a result. Please don't ever tell an environmental engineer that he is just a garbage man. Without him, imagine what your life and mine would be like.

We must be careful of the examples we use in our day to day speech. When our sister publishes this book, I hope she will remove that so that the rest of the blessing of her writing may shine through ever more brightly.

+Quote Post
sister
post May 1 2006, 12:40 PM
Post #96

500 + posts
Group Icon

Member No.: 762

QUOTE(vonessa @ May 1 2006, 12:30 PM) [snapback]128647[/snapback]

I just had the opportunity to read more of the writings of our sister. The only thing that doesn't set well with me is the way she said that environmental engineers are "still garbagemen."

I am sorry for offending you...

Sister

+Quote Post
summertime
post May 1 2006, 01:18 PM
Post #97

Advanced Member

Member No.: 1,655

QUOTE(vonessa @ May 1 2006, 12:30 PM) [snapback]128647[/snapback]

Thank you for your warm welcome.

I just had the opportunity to read more of the writings of our sister. The only thing that doesn't set well with me is the way she said that environmental engineers are "still garbagemen." My father was a "garbage man" whose spirit was greatly lifted by the simple change in terms. I know it may not mean much to you if you've had a life of luxury, and you may even look down on these brothers, but for my father, he didn't have a big education. But he worked his finger to his bones as an environmental engineer for 34 years to put myself and my 3 brothers and sisters through our seventh-day Adventist education.

He knew it was not a luxury job, or a glamorus one, but he took pride in what he did and he worked hard to support his family and today we are strong as a result. Please don't ever tell an environmental engineer that he is just a garbage man. Without him, imagine what your life and mine would be like.

We must be careful of the examples we use in our day to day speech. When our sister publishes this book, I hope she will remove that so that the rest of the blessing of her writing may shine through ever more brightly.

Before I leave my computer for the day, I thought that I would tell about a very good friend of mine who is a very renown Physician (DO)---He recenly lost his wife to a cancer he could not cure. But he has always been very proud that he worked his way through medical school by rising up very early in the morning and doing his job as an environmental engineer. He has blessed many people with his proud story of how he made it to the place he is today. He always told us that in New York City it was a very honorable position. Not to mention that he made more money working thus than my husband who has a degree.

+Quote Post
Guest_vonessa_*
post May 1 2006, 02:22 PM
Post #98

Guests

Thank you sister for your apology. I do forgive you for you did not know how your words might come across. It is so easy to forget the struggle that we can place ourselves above where we ought to be rather than approach these issues from a situation of humbleness. For in our heart this is not just the story of Danny, bless his heart, but the story of all of us - for but for the grace of God . . . there go you and me.

It is a soap opera that captured me and I find it interesting because it is truth what you are saying. But then I keep looking for the next chapter to see what other scandalosity you might reveal to us. I keep tuning in for more even though I know the conclusion already because I am finding myself enjoying this very much. I'm just telling it to you straight.

I just pray that my heart will receive it properly not only for condemnation for Shelton, but self examination and repentance for me. For the Lord is speaking through our sister, but we must remember that we are not on this earth to condemn but to lead to repentance.

Maybe it's just me, but I feel guilty when I enjoy reading these writings. Not because they are bad, but because I should not enjoy them so much because for me to find joyfulness in the downfall of a brother must be sin for myself as well. He brought it on himself that much we know. But I do not want to be part of that which is brought down upon him.

Back in 68, Eldridge Cleaver said "You're either part of the solution or part of the problem." We see the story that has been laid out before us. Now what we gonna do about it? How can we help this story be instructful to us, not only for 3ABN, but for our own personal lives and community? Are you feeling me, or am I offbase with these questions?

Well, I could take up all day on this, but as mama used to say to me in these times - don't let your mouth overload your tail. So I'll go for now.

This post has been edited by vonessa: May 1 2006, 02:37 PM

+Quote Post
Clay
post May 1 2006, 02:31 PM
Post #99

5,000 + posts
Group Icon

Group: Administrator
Member No.: 4

Well sometimes discussion is a part of the solution... sometimes allowing problems that have been hidden need to see the light of day so that they can be dealt with.....

--------------------
"you are as sick as your secrets...." -quote from Celebrity Rehab-

+Quote Post
Brother Sam
post May 1 2006, 07:16 PM
Post #100

Member No.: 1,708

I'm reading comments such that former 3ABN employess that say truthful, yet negative things about Danny/management/board are just disgruntled employees-but if you go there and work a few weeks you will find out for yourself.

How would you like to be promised a certain salary - then after you had sold everything and moved there, you found your first pay was far less than promised? This was echoed by several employees.

Employees are told that Danny is a prophet and a God - and if you don't pledge complete loyalty, life at work is made intolerable and when you try to find other employment you are given a poor reference.

I was there! I saw it! I experienced it!

Is that the work of good or evil persons?

+Quote Post
PaperTigers
post May 1 2006, 07:30 PM
Post #101

Advanced Member

Member No.: 1,689

Amen BrotherSam!

I agree completely, I was there for 5 LONG years... and the sad part is that I actually enjoyed my job and really miss it... but I couldn't take all of the other stuff that came along with it.

I don't wish any evil for 3ABN as a whole, I know people who still work there, and alot of them are good Christian people. I just think that it is time for some changes to be made!!!

--------------------
~ Sometimes the hardest thing to do is the RIGHT thing!

~ Work like you don't need the money, love like you've never been hurt and dance like you would if no one was watching!
IPB Image

+Quote Post
Brother Sam
post May 1 2006, 07:39 PM
Post #102

Member No.: 1,708

QUOTE(PaperTigers @ May 1 2006, 08:30 PM) [snapback]128690[/snapback]

Amen BrotherSam!

I agree completely, I was there for 5 LONG years... and the sad part is that I actually enjoyed my job and really miss it... but I couldn't take all of the other stuff that came along with it.

I don't wish any evil for 3ABN as a whole, I know people who still work there, and alot of them are good Christian people. I just think that it is time for some changes to be made!!!

I know the feeling.

There is so much potential with different leadership.

+Quote Post
PaperTigers
post May 1 2006, 07:52 PM
Post #103

Advanced Member

Yeah and the sad thing about the wages is that I made more
starting out at FedEx than I made when I left there after 5 years... and not just a little more, it was like $1.25 an hour more

--------------------

~ Work like you don't need the money, love like you've never been hurt and dance like you would if no one was watching!
IPB Image

+Quote Post
beartrap
post May 1 2006, 07:59 PM
Post #104

500 + posts
Group Icon

Member No.: 1,659

QUOTE(PaperTigers @ May 1 2006, 07:30 PM) [snapback]128690[/snapback]

Amen BrotherSam!

Indeed it is. In a society such as that, how many people can be accorded complete immunity to having availed themselves of prostitutes on a regular basis while married and engaged in the furtherance of laws and principles that would utterly disparage such illicit indulgances? How many people could engage in sexual activities with their producers of product, in late night trystes with designers of church decor, in sexual play with friends that produces surprise results, and in availing ones'self of the illicit favours of a co-workers, without falling into disrepute and experiencing the same painful reactions produced by the backlash resulting from allegations gratuitously handed down against those who have fallen into disfavour? What an incredible dillema is hereby placed squarely in the laps of those who would rather view their idols through rose-coloured glasses.

+Quote Post
PaperTigers
post May 1 2006, 08:04 PM
Post #105

Advanced Member

Amen BearTrap, after reading that about 3 times I think I got everything you were saying spoton.gif

--------------------

IPB Image

+Quote Post

10 Pages V  « < 5 6 7 8 9 > » 
Reply to this topicStart new topic
1 User(s) are reading this topic (1 Guests and 0 Anonymous Users)
0 Members:

Lo-Fi Version Time is now: 27th March 2008 - 12:49 PM
Design by: Download IPB Skins & eBusiness
BlackSDA has no official affiliation or endorsement from the Seventh-day Adventist church