Archive of http://www.blacksda.com/forums/index.php?showtopic=9767&st=75 preserved for the defense in 3ABN and Danny Shelton v. Joy and Pickle.
Links altered to maintain their integrity and aid in navigation, but content otherwise unchanged.
Saved at 04:47:43 PM on March 23, 2008.
IPB

Welcome Guest ( Log In | Register )

12 Pages V  « < 4 5 6 7 8 > »   
Closed TopicStart new topic
> An Unauthorized History of 3ABN, Chapter 6 (more of the televangelist)
seeshell
post May 17 2006, 08:38 PM
Post #76

1,000 + posts
Group Icon

Group: Members
Member No.: 1,679

OK, I'll send 'em my line or two also. yes.gif

--------------------
Shelley

"It's not the size of the dog in the fight, it's the size of the fight in the dog." Mark Twain

"It is not my first object in life to make people like me." Elizabeth Prentiss

"Níor dhún Dia doras riamh nar oscail Sé ceann eile."
Go to the top of the page

+Quote Post
Johann
post May 17 2006, 08:49 PM
Post #77

1,000 + posts
Group Icon

From: Iceland, formerly Denmark, Norway, USA, Sierra Leone, Nigeria, Faeroe Islands. Bound for Heaven.
Member No.: 686

QUOTE(seeshell @ May 18 2006, 03:38 AM) [snapback]131174[/snapback]

OK, I'll send 'em my line or two also. yes.gif

See what happens if you write to

danshelton@earthlink.net or

3abn@3abn.org

This post has been edited by Johann: May 17 2006, 08:52 PM

--------------------
"Any fact that needs to be disclosed should be put out now or as quickly as possible, because otherwise the bleeding will not end." (Attributed to Henry Kissinger)

"He who passively accepts evil is as much involved in it as he who helps to perpetrate it" (Martin Luther King)

"The truth can lose nothing by close investigation". (1888 Materials 38)

+Quote Post
seeshell
post May 17 2006, 09:22 PM
Post #78

1,000 + posts
Group Icon

Member No.: 1,679

QUOTE(Fran @ May 17 2006, 06:04 PM) [snapback]131154[/snapback]

The six year old would be the one in greatest danger. She has no Daddy to be sent to, she lives with her Daddy right there at 3ABN. She is NOT safe with him in the house with her.

Fran, I'm confused. Her daddy is at 3ABN? As in, her biological daddy? Have I missed something?

--------------------
Shelley

"It's not the size of the dog in the fight, it's the size of the fight in the dog." Mark Twain

"It is not my first object in life to make people like me." Elizabeth Prentiss

"Níor dhún Dia doras riamh nar oscail Sé ceann eile."

+Quote Post
princessdi
post May 17 2006, 10:52 PM
Post #79

5,000 + posts
Group Icon

Group: Administrator
Member No.: 47

That is so very true.

QUOTE(Clay @ May 17 2006, 05:51 PM) [snapback]131165[/snapback]

Darius said something that is appropriate here.....

That is what they depend on, that you will just pray. They know that prayer does nothing because God does not need prayers to tell Him what is going on. As long as the people are praying the leaders can continue to prey, in whatever fashion they do it. Such corporate emotional abuse should not be tolerated in civilized society....

--------------------
TTFN
Di

And we know that all things work together for good to them that love God, to them who are the called according to his purpose---Romans 8:28

A great many people believe they are thinking when they are merely rearranging their prejudices.-- William James

It is better to be silent and be thought a fool, than to speak and remove all doubt.- Mark Twain

+Quote Post
Guest_vonessa_*
post May 18 2006, 02:52 AM
Post #80

Guests

QUOTE(princessdi @ May 17 2006, 11:52 PM) [snapback]131193[/snapback]

That is so very true.

I am horrified by how serious this situation is becoming. Moses did not commit adultery. He committed murder. Danny apparently said that if Moses can get away with it, so can he.

The sheer logic of that simple statement is enough to leave this girl shakin in her boots. If we are dealing with a murderer who killed his first wife as our sister Fran who knows more about this has clearly suggested, then this rises to a whole new level. We must pray for our brothers and sisters there, true, but has the time come to act? Should we call the police or are the Thompsonville finest in 3ABN's pockets too?

From our fine brothers and sisters who have risked a great deal to share their stories, I can tell that this situation goes a lot deeper than just 3ABN. Like they say, follow the money up the line. It's not too much of a stretch to look to that old gangland hideout just north of there. My stars - and I'm not just talking that redneck moonshine garbage. Like my mama always said, no matter how far a stream flows, it never cuts off from its source.

This post has been edited by vonessa: May 18 2006, 03:07 AM

+Quote Post
Fran
post May 18 2006, 03:57 AM
Post #81

500 + posts
Group Icon

Group: Financial Donor
Member No.: 529

QUOTE(vonessa @ May 18 2006, 03:52 AM) [snapback]131202[/snapback]

I am horrified by how serious this situation is becoming. Moses did not commit adultery. He committed murder. Danny apparently said that if Moses can get away with it, so can he.

The sheer logic of that simple statement is enough to leave this girl shakin in her boots. If we are dealing with a murderer who killed his first wife as our sister Fran who knows more about this has clearly suggested, then this rises to a whole new level. We must pray for our brothers and sisters there, true, but has the time come to act? Should we call the police or are the Thompsonville finest in 3ABN's pockets too?

From our fine brothers and sisters who have risked a great deal to share their stories, I can tell that this situation goes a lot deeper than just 3ABN. Like they say, follow the money up the line. It's not too much of a stretch to look to that old gangland hideout just north of there. My stars - and I'm not just talking that redneck moonshine garbage. Like my mama always said, no matter how far a stream flows, it never cuts off from its source.

Please note: I did not say Danny killed his 1st wife. I just wonder why Moses was brought into the subject by Danny himself. Why would someone say something like that about murder? Does he feel he has the right to take a life and just walk away?.

I have not direct information as to the accident that killed Kay. Things just have me wondering.

--------------------
The greatest want of the world is the want of men-- men who will not be bought or sold, men who in their inmost souls are true and honest, men who do not fear to call sin by its right name, men whose conscience is as true to duty as the needle to the pole, men who will stand for the right though the heavens fall. {Ed 57.3}
But such a character is not the result of accident; it is not due to special favors or endowments of Providence. A noble character is the result of self-discipline, of the subjection of the lower to the higher nature--the surrender of self for the service of love to God and man. {Ed 57.4}

+Quote Post
Johann
post May 18 2006, 03:59 AM
Post #82

1,000 + posts
Group Icon

From: Iceland, formerly Denmark, Norway, USA, Sierra Leone, Nigeria, Faeroe Islands. Bound for Heaven.

QUOTE(vonessa @ May 18 2006, 10:52 AM) [snapback]131202[/snapback]

- - -
We must pray for our brothers and sisters there, true, but has the time come to act? Should we call the police or are the Thompsonville finest in 3ABN's pockets too?

- - - -

It is claimed that whatever was done in the past is outdated and forgotten. . . ?

--------------------
"Any fact that needs to be disclosed should be put out now or as quickly as possible, because otherwise the bleeding will not end." (Attributed to Henry Kissinger)

"He who passively accepts evil is as much involved in it as he who helps to perpetrate it" (Martin Luther King)

+Quote Post
Fran
post May 18 2006, 04:07 AM
Post #83

500 + posts
Group Icon

Group: Financial Donor
Member No.: 529

QUOTE(seeshell @ May 17 2006, 10:22 PM) [snapback]131181[/snapback]

Fran, I'm confused. Her daddy is at 3ABN? As in, her biological daddy? Have I missed something?

Maybe she is living with her Daddy??????

Who knows?????? Danny??????

He's not talking. I wasn't there when she was conceived or when ahe was born, nor did I do a DNA test. However, when physical looks are passed around, you can usually see that the acorn doesn't fall far from the tree.

My information is that she could be the reason for the divorcing of Linda. You know, to keep things quiet. This could be what Linda was not to talk about??????

--------------------
The greatest want of the world is the want of men-- men who will not be bought or sold, men who in their inmost souls are true and honest, men who do not fear to call sin by its right name, men whose conscience is as true to duty as the needle to the pole, men who will stand for the right though the heavens fall. {Ed 57.3}
But such a character is not the result of accident; it is not due to special favors or endowments of Providence. A noble character is the result of self-discipline, of the subjection of the lower to the higher nature--the surrender of self for the service of love to God and man. {Ed 57.4}

+Quote Post
Prisca
post May 18 2006, 04:33 AM
Post #84

1,000 + posts
Group Icon

Group: Charter Member
Member No.: 11

The Darius quote about prayer got me to thinking. Are we talking about ordinary prayer that simply lulls its prayer to sleep or imprecatory prayer? We are reading the Screwtape Letters in which such advice would fit in nicely. Just to pray and think that is all needed can be a lovely hallucination...but what about imprecatory prayer in which a story is told of a man who was trying to kill Christians. The Christians prayed, not for deliverance, but for God's righteousness to be revealed. The plane on which the man was traveling went down and he was killed. It was noted in the article that almost 90% of the Psalms were imprecatory prayers.

+Quote Post
Johann
post May 18 2006, 04:54 AM
Post #85

1,000 + posts
Group Icon

QUOTE(Fran @ May 18 2006, 11:57 AM) [snapback]131208[/snapback]

Please note: I did not say Danny killed his 1st wife. I just wonder why Moses was brought into the subject by Danny himself. Why would someone say something like that about murder? Does he feel he has the right to take a life and just walk away?.

I have not direct information as to the accident that killed Kay. Things just have me wondering.

It made me wonder when I got one message after another from Danny where he accused others of having done things it seemed clear he had done himself. It culminated when Danny wrote both to me and several others indicating that Dr. Arild Abrahamsen had killed his wife so he could be free to steal Linda from him.

Arild's wife, Solveig, died 4 months before he came to visit us at 3ABN. Ten years before she died she had a lung transplant, and she lived twice as long as the average lung transplant patient in Norway. Her parents have told me about the loving care with which he took care of Solveig through her final sufferings, and Arild tried all he could to save her life.

Then you could ask, how can a Danny Shelton suggest Arild killed his wife? Whose guilt is being transferred?

Why did Kay exclaim "Oh No!" the moment before she died? What was wrong with her car? Why does the police report seem to give false claims in connection with the accident?

While I am writing this I receive information that Linda has just received a warning from an authorative source indicating that she is in the same dangerous situation as Kay was more than 20 years ago.

Pray for Linda's safety and that the measures she takes are the right ones to protect her life.

I have warned Walt Thomson before, but he merely scorned.

--------------------

+Quote Post
watchbird
post May 18 2006, 05:59 AM
Post #86

1,000 + posts
Group Icon

Member No.: 1,712

QUOTE(Johann @ May 18 2006, 04:54 AM) [snapback]131222[/snapback]

It made me wonder when I got one message after another from Danny where he accused others of having done things it seemed clear he had done himself. It culminated when Danny wrote both to me and several others indicating that Dr. Arild Abrahamsen had killed his wife so he could be free to steal Linda from him.

Arild's wife, Solveig, died 4 months before he came to visit us at 3ABN. Ten years before she died she had a lung transplant, and she lived twice as long as the average lung transplant patient in Norway. Her parents have told me about the loving care with which he took care of Solveig through her final sufferings, and Arild tried all he could to save her life.

Then you could ask, how can a Danny Shelton suggest Arild killed his wife? Whose guilt is being transferred?

Why did Kay exclaim "Oh No!" the moment before she died? What was wrong with her car? Why does the police report seem to give false claims in connection with the accident?

While I am writing this I receive information that Linda has just received a warning from an authorative source indicating that she is in the same dangerous situation as Kay was more than 20 years ago.

Pray for Linda's safety and that the measures she takes are the right ones to protect her life.

I have warned Walt Thomson before, but he merely scorned.

Adding to your list of questions:

What about the police report? As I understand it, things that are usually noted in these reports include such things as skid marks on the pavement--for the natural impulse of any driver is to slam on the brakes so hard they tend to lock and do more skiding of the tires than stopping the car. If Kay had time to exclaim, "Oh No!" wouldn't she have had time to hit the brakes? Don't reflex actions work even faster than voice? Even if one only has seconds before impact there should have been some sign of such skid marks. Were any comments about this included on the official report?

And changing to another topic:

Why are so many in T'ville too afraid of Danny to be willing to tell the stories of their encounters with him for fear he would find out. What is the nature of the threats some have received from him? What do they know about how he has treated others who have talked? One can understand the timidity of those whose livelihood is dependent upon their employment at 3ABN and have no way of leaving. But what could it be that would be enough to cause such fear in the non-Adventist community which is closest to 3ABN?

And one final set:

What happened at St Louis in regard to Linda's car? Could there be any connection with this and the warning you say she has received now?

+Quote Post
gracetoyou
post May 18 2006, 07:00 AM
Post #87

Advanced Member

Member No.: 1,724

[quote name='Johann' date='May 18 2006, 05:54 AM' post='131222']

There is a quote in Thoughts from the Mount of Blessings, "He who is guilty of wrong is the first to suspect wrong. By condemning another, he is trying to conceal or excuse the evil of his own heart."
(I'm at work, so don't have the book in front of me to know the page number, but it is in the chapter on judging others.)

--------------------
GRACETOYOU

Grace to you and peace from God our Father and the Lord Jesus Christ. 1 Corinthians 1:3

+Quote Post
Clay
post May 18 2006, 07:37 AM
Post #88

5,000 + posts
Group Icon

Member No.: 4

QUOTE(vonessa @ May 18 2006, 02:52 AM) [snapback]131202[/snapback]

escalation based on speculation, what is happening here is similiar to the spin the Bush camp was saying about WMD. When they were done you thought that Saddam was ready to wipe out civilization as we knew it.... the thought that Mr. Shelton had something to do with the death of his first wife is speculation... if it was suspected that he did, then the police would have investigated it as such....

So now what I see happening is this discussion is speculation being treated as fact, when there are no facts to support the statements... It has been alluded that Mr. Shelton had dealing with prostitutes, molests children, had something to do with the death of his first wife, skims money from his ministry, is living like a king, and has said that if bible characters can get away with certain things, he can too.... what can you prove or is this just an attempt to build a case against Mr. Shelton....

Again... tinkle or get off the potty.... it didn't take this long to bring down President Nixon with watergate, and he was the president of the U.S., and could make you disappear if he wanted....

This post has been edited by Clay: May 18 2006, 07:44 AM

--------------------
"you are as sick as your secrets...." -quote from Celebrity Rehab-

+Quote Post
Clay
post May 18 2006, 07:50 AM
Post #89

5,000 + posts
Group Icon

Member No.: 4

IPB Image

DeNiro as Al Capone, talking to Ness (played by Costner) "You GOT Nothin!!!!"

I hope those three words are not prophetic....

This post has been edited by Clay: May 18 2006, 07:51 AM

--------------------
"you are as sick as your secrets...." -quote from Celebrity Rehab-

+Quote Post
Uncle Sam
post May 18 2006, 08:06 AM
Post #90

Advanced Member

Member No.: 1,650

QUOTE(Clay @ May 18 2006, 06:50 AM) [snapback]131248[/snapback]

IPB Image

DeNiro as Al Capone, talking to Ness (played by Costner) "You GOT Nothin!!!!"

I hope those three words are not prophetic....

I agree this seems to be getting out of hand. If anyone has proof about any of this lets get on with it. If you do, I am sure there are some honest people that are in position to do something that you can go to. I don't have a dog in this fight. It is not about Danny or Linda, with all of this talk it is hurting the message of Christ getting out.

If Danny needs to step down than that is what needs to be done. This slandering Danny and Linda needs to stop. We are taking our sights off of Christ by getting involved with their mess. If legal things need to take place against Danny than do it! If not lets move on past this it is not helping anyone....

+Quote Post

12 Pages V  « < 4 5 6 7 8 > » 
Closed TopicStart new topic
1 User(s) are reading this topic (1 Guests and 0 Anonymous Users)
0 Members:

Lo-Fi Version Time is now: 23rd March 2008 - 03:47 PM
Design by: Download IPB Skins & eBusiness
BlackSDA has no official affiliation or endorsement from the Seventh-day Adventist church