Archive of http://www.blacksda.com/forums/index.php?showtopic=9768&st=120 preserved for the defense in 3ABN and Danny Shelton v. Joy and Pickle.
Links altered to maintain their integrity and aid in navigation, but content otherwise unchanged.
Saved at 04:46:39 PM on March 23, 2008.
IPB

Welcome Guest ( Log In | Register )

13 Pages V  « < 7 8 9 10 11 > »   
Reply to this topicStart new topic
> An Unauthorized History of 3ABN, Chapter 7 (the dollar store and the Lengend)
beartrap
post May 29 2006, 05:03 PM
Post #121

500 + posts
Group Icon

Group: Members
Member No.: 1,659

Yes, interesting. In an unrelated bit of history... Many years ago Al Capone came down to Southern Illinois, encountered the Shelton and Birger gangs, and went back home to Chicago.
Go to the top of the page

+Quote Post
Clay
post May 29 2006, 05:08 PM
Post #122

5,000 + posts
Group Icon

Group: Administrator
Member No.: 4

QUOTE(beartrap @ May 29 2006, 06:03 PM) [snapback]132651[/snapback]

Yes, interesting. In an unrelated bit of history... Many years ago Al Capone came down to Southern Illinois, encountered the Shelton and Birger gangs, and went back home to Chicago.

and?

--------------------
"you are as sick as your secrets...." -quote from Celebrity Rehab-

+Quote Post
beartrap
post May 29 2006, 05:13 PM
Post #123

500 + posts
Group Icon

QUOTE(Clay @ May 29 2006, 06:08 PM) [snapback]132653[/snapback]

and?

And thats all. As I said, an unrelated bit of history.

+Quote Post
Clay
post May 29 2006, 05:20 PM
Post #124

5,000 + posts
Group Icon

QUOTE(beartrap @ May 29 2006, 06:13 PM) [snapback]132655[/snapback]

And thats all. As I said, an unrelated bit of history.

well if Capone visited southern IL and he lived in Chi-town, it would make sense that at the conclusion of his visit that he would return home.... unless you would have us believe that Capone was afraid of what was going on in southern IL and decided to return home leave that portion of the state alone...

--------------------

+Quote Post
beartrap
post May 29 2006, 05:29 PM
Post #125

500 + posts
Group Icon

QUOTE(Clay @ May 29 2006, 05:20 PM) [snapback]132656[/snapback]

well if Capone visited southern IL and he lived in Chi-town, it would make sense that at the conclusion of his visit that he would return home.... unless you would have us believe that Capone was afraid of what was going on in southern IL and decided to return home leave that portion of the state alone...

"Capone was afraid of what was going on in southern IL and decided to return home leave that portion of the state alone..." The locals like to think that this is what happened, but who knows.

+Quote Post
Clay
post May 29 2006, 05:44 PM
Post #126

5,000 + posts
Group Icon

QUOTE(beartrap @ May 29 2006, 06:29 PM) [snapback]132657[/snapback]

"Capone was afraid of what was going on in southern IL and decided to return home leave that portion of the state alone..." The locals like to think that this is what happened, but who knows.

who is telling the story? They would have us believe that this nefarious criminal, who allegedly had no problem murdering people, who had the chicago police on his payroll, who publicly beat up the mayor, who had an organization of over 1000 gunmen, that man was afraid of what he found in southern IL.....

alrighty then.... scratchchin.gif

--------------------

+Quote Post
Guest_vonessa_*
post May 29 2006, 05:47 PM
Post #127

Guests

QUOTE(Clay @ May 29 2006, 06:44 PM) [snapback]132658[/snapback]

who is telling the story? They would have us believe that this nefarious criminal, who allegedly had no problem murdering people, who had the chicago police on his payroll, who publicly beat up the mayor, who had an organization of over 1000 gunmen, that man was afraid of what he found in southern IL.....

Okaaay - I've believed a lot of what sister has said, but recently it seems her train went off the track. And saying that Capone left the area because the Shelton gangs were bigger and badder and then trying to relate that to the 3ABN story is crazy. The glove just doesn't fit.

This post has been edited by vonessa: May 29 2006, 05:51 PM

+Quote Post
beartrap
post May 29 2006, 06:16 PM
Post #128

500 + posts
Group Icon

QUOTE(Clay @ May 29 2006, 05:44 PM) [snapback]132658[/snapback]

...this nefarious criminal, who allegedly had no problem murdering people, who had the chicago police on his payroll, who publicly beat up the mayor, who had an organization of over 1000 gunmen...

Interesting that with all of the things you just stated about Capone, it still took years to do anything about him, and none of the things you mentioned are what brought him down. It is also interesting that with so many people afraid of him, and and with the public things like beating up the mayor, people still were unsuccessful at fingering him, and those who tried payed dearly. Of course, having the police on his payroll had much to do with that.

In other stories the people are different; the circumstances and times are different; instead of murdering people's bodies, characters are assasinated; rather than just police and politicians on the payroll, religious authorities are secured; instead of mayors being beat up in public, people who stand up to mistreatment of fellow humans are publically beaten with words on TV and in print; instead of gunmen who shoot bullets, there are organizations of henchmen who attack any who dare to disagree with the vicious treatment of others.

QUOTE(vonessa @ May 29 2006, 05:47 PM) [snapback]132659[/snapback]

Okaaay - I've believed a lot of what sister has said, but recently it seems her train went off the track. And saying that Capone left the area because the Shelton gangs were bigger and badder and then trying to relate that to the 3ABN story is crazy. The glove just doesn't fit.

AS I SAID, "in an unrelated bit of history" Perhaps the word UNRELATED should be highlighted so that it can be noticed. When I use the term "unrelated" this means it is not a part of the story, and it has no bearing on it. It has no relation to what is being discussed. Someone wished to discuss that UNRELATED bit with me a little further in a debate on colloquial twists of history, but it was off topic and remains UNRELATED.

This post has been edited by beartrap: May 29 2006, 06:21 PM

+Quote Post
Clay
post May 29 2006, 06:22 PM
Post #129

5,000 + posts
Group Icon

QUOTE(beartrap @ May 29 2006, 06:08 PM) [snapback]132660[/snapback]

Interesting that with all of the things you just stated about Capone, it still took years to do anything about him, and none of the things you mentioned are what brought him down. It is also interesting that with so many people afraid of him, and and with the public things like beating up the mayor, people still were unsuccessful at fingering him, and those who tried payed dearly. Of course, having the police on his payroll had much to do with that.

In other stories the people are different; the circumstances and times are different; instead of murdering people's bodies, characters are assasinated; rather than just police and politicians on the payroll, religious authorities are secured; instead of mayors being beat up in public, people who stand up to mistreatment of fellow humans are publically beaten with words on TV and in print; instead of gunmen who shoot bullets, there are organizations of henchmen who attack any who dare to disagree with the vicious treatment of others.
the significant difference is no one (to my knowledge) was forced to work at 3abn were they? After they realized the mess 3abn was they left right? As for the church, it is a voluntary .org, people can leave whenever they choose, especially if the .org is not what they think it should be....

Capone was not taken down because people were getting paid... and probably paid well.... the government wanted Capone and got him...

AS I SAID, "in an unrelated bit of history" Perhaps the word UNRELATED should be highlighted so that it can be noticed. When I use the term "unrelated" this means it is not a part of the story, and it has no bearing on it. It has no relation to what is being discussed.
yet you mentioned it... was that for effect? give us something to think about? or lend credibility to the idea that Mr. Shelton is as bad as Capone?

--------------------

+Quote Post
Guest_vonessa_*
post May 29 2006, 06:26 PM
Post #130

Guests

QUOTE(beartrap @ May 29 2006, 07:16 PM) [snapback]132660[/snapback]

AS I SAID, "in an unrelated bit of history" Perhaps the word UNRELATED should be highlighted so that it can be noticed. When I use the term "unrelated" this means it is not a part of the story, and it has no bearing on it. It has no relation to what is being discussed. Someone wished to discuss that UNRELATED bit with me a little further in a debate on colloquial twists of history, but it was off topic and remains UNRELATED.

Then why talk about it? Making that kind of comparison is like Hitler would do. ha ha ha . . . . now that is funny . . . . and it's UNRELATED to you. Not even thinking about you when i said it . . . it was just random . . .

This post has been edited by vonessa: May 29 2006, 06:38 PM

+Quote Post
beartrap
post May 29 2006, 06:35 PM
Post #131

500 + posts
Group Icon

QUOTE(Clay @ May 29 2006, 06:22 PM) [snapback]132662[/snapback]

the significant difference is no one (to my knowledge) was forced to work at 3abn were they?
Right. To my knowledge people join voluntarily.

After they realized the mess 3abn was they left right?
Some have, and others haven't.

As for the church, it is a voluntary .org, people can leave whenever they choose, especially if the .org is not what they think it should be....
Yes.

Capone was not taken down because people were getting paid... and probably paid well.... the government wanted Capone and got him...
I meant that he was probably not taken down sooner because people were paid.

yet you mentioned it... was that for effect? give us something to think about? or lend credibility to the idea that Mr. Shelton is as bad as Capone?
No, as I said, just a bit of unrelated history.

QUOTE(vonessa @ May 29 2006, 06:26 PM) [snapback]132665[/snapback]

Then why talk about it? Making that kind of comparison is like Hitler would do. ha ha ha . . . . now that is funny . . . . and it's UNRELATED to you. Not even thinking about you when i said it . . . it was just random . . .

rofl1.gif roflmao.gif rofl1.gif roflmao.gif

+Quote Post
awesumtenor
post May 29 2006, 07:02 PM
Post #132

5,000 + posts
Group Icon

Group: Charter Member
Member No.: 15

QUOTE(Clay @ May 29 2006, 07:44 PM) [snapback]132658[/snapback]

That's not unbelievable at all... he did not have an organization downstate, didn't have politicians and police on his payroll, didnt have informants and any intelligence gathering apparatus in place there. He could see that there was money to be made there but the resources needed to make said money were limited and often already loyal to someone else.

This being the case those who had all of those things in place would very easily have been able to ward off any advances towards another criminal enterprise making an inroads on their operation....even if it was Al Capone.

Capone was, when all is said and done, a business man. He would consider the costs of "investment" versus the return on said investment and often it is not worth going after a big fish in a small pond like he may have in downstate Illinois, especially in proximity to the Mississippi river. The demographics of small town america made organized crime largely unprofitable and markedly more risky than operating in Chicago or NY or LA.

In His service,
Mr. J

--------------------
There is no one more dangerous than one who thinks he knows God with a mind that is ignorant - Dr. Lewis Anthony

You’ve got to be real comfortable in your own skin to survive the animosity your strength evokes in people you'd hope would like you. - Dr. Renita Weems

+Quote Post
gracetoyou
post May 29 2006, 07:15 PM
Post #133

Advanced Member

Member No.: 1,724

Meanwhile, back at the ranch......

You will get a chance to prove many of the things you have accused me and my family and some 3ABN friends of. You were dumb enough to put all those lies on paper. I don't need to sue you. The people that will sue you are not public figures but have money enough to bring you to justice… Get ready to dip into your saving to go to court.
5/19/2005

So, beartrap, were you ever sued? Do you think he ever really would sue and risk exposure?

This post has been edited by gracetoyou: May 29 2006, 07:42 PM

--------------------
GRACETOYOU

Grace to you and peace from God our Father and the Lord Jesus Christ. 1 Corinthians 1:3

+Quote Post
inga
post May 29 2006, 08:00 PM
Post #134

500 + posts
Group Icon

Member No.: 577

QUOTE(vonessa @ May 29 2006, 06:47 PM) [snapback]132659[/snapback]

Vonessa, it seems to me that you're blaming Sister for what Beartrap said.

That sort of thing makes for major confusion. uhm.gif

Besides that, it seems you're adding to what Beartrap said as well. More confusion!! blink.gif

This post has been edited by inga: May 29 2006, 08:01 PM

+Quote Post
inga
post May 29 2006, 08:15 PM
Post #135

500 + posts
Group Icon

Member No.: 577

QUOTE(Clay @ May 29 2006, 07:22 PM) [snapback]132662[/snapback]

You demonstrated impatience some time back that, with all that was said about Dan Shelton, no one seems to be doing anything about it. Then beartrap suggested that with as bad as Al Capone was and as widely known as his "badness" was -- it still took years to "get him." And, as you pointed out, that was even with the government wanting him! It took years for the government to get him!

And you want these ex-employees and others "in the know" to do something about it or shut up?

The comparison was not between the behavior of Al Capone and Dan Shelton. The point was the difficulty of proving mis-doings in a court of law, even when the behavior is well known. It happens all the time. When I lived in the city of Abbotsford, British Columbia, "everyone," including the police" knew who was dealing in certain drugs. But the dealers walked free. Same thing happened in a little village in Nova Scotia. Everyone knew where certain individuals made their big bucks. But they walked free -- because no one could prove with hard evidence just what was going on. Like I said ... it happens all the time. But you figure that if Dan Shelton really did all the things related here -- and I figure he probably did -- that these folks ought to do something about it.

H'mm ... dunno.gif

See above. You missed beartrap's point, I suspect. I didn't see him saying that Dan was "as bad as Al Capone."

+Quote Post

13 Pages V  « < 7 8 9 10 11 > » 
Reply to this topicStart new topic
1 User(s) are reading this topic (1 Guests and 0 Anonymous Users)
0 Members:

Lo-Fi Version Time is now: 23rd March 2008 - 03:46 PM
Design by: Download IPB Skins & eBusiness
BlackSDA has no official affiliation or endorsement from the Seventh-day Adventist church