Archive of http://www.blacksda.com/forums/index.php?showtopic=9768&st=60 preserved for the defense in 3ABN and Danny Shelton v. Joy and Pickle.
Links altered to maintain their integrity and aid in navigation, but content otherwise unchanged.
Saved at 04:46:32 PM on March 23, 2008.
IPB

Welcome Guest ( Log In | Register )

13 Pages V  « < 3 4 5 6 7 > »   
Reply to this topicStart new topic
> An Unauthorized History of 3ABN, Chapter 7 (the dollar store and the Lengend)
beartrap
post May 25 2006, 10:06 AM
Post #61

500 + posts
Group Icon

Group: Members
Member No.: 1,659

QUOTE(lurker @ May 25 2006, 10:38 AM) [snapback]132205[/snapback]

I can't find a mayor listed on the intenet for Thompsonville, IL. Maybe it was the mayor of another nearby city such as West Frankfort or Benton who got the letter?

Or did the mayor of Thompsonville go into the witness protection program? Couldn't resist that one. Sorry folks.

rofl1.gif His name is Ralph Sprague.
Go to the top of the page

+Quote Post
Nuggie
post May 25 2006, 10:14 AM
Post #62

1,000 + posts
Group Icon

Member No.: 984

QUOTE(lurker @ May 25 2006, 09:38 AM) [snapback]132205[/snapback]

I can't find a mayor listed on the intenet for Thompsonville, IL. Maybe it was the mayor of another nearby city such as West Frankfort or Benton who got the letter?

Or did the mayor of Thompsonville go into the witness protection program? Couldn't resist that one. Sorry folks.

After reading this saga seems like he wouldn't be the only one who is or should be in the witness protection program. no.gif

--------------------
Great minds discuss ideas; average minds discuss events; small minds discuss people.

+Quote Post
sister
post May 25 2006, 02:55 PM
Post #63

500 + posts
Group Icon

Member No.: 762

QUOTE(beartrap @ May 25 2006, 11:06 AM) [snapback]132211[/snapback]

rofl1.gif His name is Ralph Sprague.

To the best of my knowledge Ralph Sprague doesn't need to go into the witness protection program, I assume that like most good old southern boys he has enough family locally willing to watch his back. And like most of the citizens of Thompsonville he has time to "chew the fat" concerning his experiences with Danny, the Shelton Gang and 3ABN.

If anyone is interested, just Google: "Ralph Sprague" Thompsonville. His address and phone number is the first listing.

Just be aware, folks can be pretty friendly in these parts and you just might get invited over to share some barbecue. It is not some "wham meaty fried bits" that will be placed on your plate, but southern Illinois prime pork ribs. Remember this is the "South", not Chicago.

pepsi.gif snack.gif

This post has been edited by sister: May 25 2006, 03:51 PM

+Quote Post
beartrap
post May 25 2006, 04:45 PM
Post #64

500 + posts
Group Icon

Also you'uns might get invited to go do breakfast at the Thompsonville Cafe, known only as "the restaurant (pronounced "rest runt")"

This post has been edited by beartrap: May 25 2006, 04:46 PM

+Quote Post
sister
post May 25 2006, 07:57 PM
Post #65

500 + posts
Group Icon

Member No.: 762

“The fresh scent of Glade...”

Working in a salaried position at 3ABN and wearing many “hats”, requires the equilibrium of an acrobat combined with the patience of a saint. When this does not suffice, only comic relief can stave the imminent onslaught of certifiable insanity or a nervous breakdown.

Follow me back in time, as we ascend the stairway to the second floor above the 3ABN Presents studio. On our immediate left is the office of Doug: head of graphics, he also doubles as an on air announcer, in addition to other numerous responsibilities. Glancing inside the open door, he is completely absorbed in his current project on the “state of the dead”.

As we leave Doug’s office directly on our right is the restroom and adjacent to that a combination conference room/dining area with a small kitchen attached for employees. Across the hall is a second graphic department office, and following that on our left are the two pastoral departments offices. The pastoral offices both have windows facing the interior hallway. The first of these two offices is “the scene of the crime”. Working alone in the first office is the only female member of the pastoral team, Venita. She is the intended victim.

After remaining seated for a long stint on the prayer line, she takes a deep breath through her mouth and stretches. Picking up the box fan and placing it in the open doorway, carefully directing the stream of air from the hallway toward her desk, she reaches up and tucks a loose strand of curly black hair back into her neatly arranged hair. Seeing her reflection in the window, the sprinkling of gray hairs give evidence of approaching age. She was much younger when she and her husband Jan Marcussen first came to southern Illinois. Like Kenny Shelton, Jan holds a Historical SDA viewpoint and both have been disfellowshiped from the SDA church.

Like the proverbial fly on the wall, we observe Doug pacing to and fro in his office, like a marathon runner that has hit the wall at mile twenty-three, he has reached a creative block in his current project: too much stress and too many deadlines have finally taken their toll. Now he heads to the restroom. Leaning his head against the wall, his eyes fix upon the spray can of Glade air freshener. Returning to the hallway the sound of a fan catches his attention. He stops in mid-stride realizing it’s fluttering whiz is coming from Venita’s doorway. Instantaneously, a light bulb explodes in his head and it is as if the name GLADE has been etched upon his brain. In a pivot, worthy of a prima ballerina, he returns to the toilet, picks up the spray can, gives a brief squeeze of pressure to the button and the heavy fragrance of an indiscernible floral scent fills the room. As a smile curls his lips, stealthily he makes his way down the short distance that separates him from his intended victim...

Approaching Venita’s office window he begins to crouch down, quickly turning his head in both directions, checking if the coast is clear. Soon he is on his knees, his chubby physique resembling a bear cub on his ways to stir up some mischief. Almost there, ducking his head to avoid observation from the office window, he reaches the fan. Peeking through it’s swiftly rotating blades, he sees Venita is occupied with the phone. Lifting the aerosol can into position, like a sharpshooter preparing his shot, he takes careful aim. Almost instinctively judging wind speed and possible drift he place his finger on the push button and prepares to take one intense shot and flee. Readying himself, with a final glance to insure he is free from detection, he fires. With an agility that denies his bulk, he darts back from behind the box fan and holds his breath as he waits for the projectile of highly scented air to reach it’s intended target. Nothing happens... There is not a single reaction to the heady scent that is now returning to it’s point of origin. Cautiously he again peeks out from behind the fan. No indication that he has achieved his goal exsists.

Sitting down in the hallway outside her window a puzzled looks is etched upon his face. Like a skunk poised to release another attack, he assumes the position and fires! This continues for at least six to eight more rounds. Still no response... By now Doug is having difficulty breathing in the heavily scented air and the hunter has become the victim. Standing, he saunters dejectedly toward his office, as other employees start coming out of their offices and wondering what in the world has been going on in the corridor. It smells like skunk season in a cheap perfumery. Wondering what the commotion is all about, Venita starts to leave her desk, but first she stops to apply some nose drops. She has a severely stuffed up nose and has not been able to smell a single thing all day...

Epilogue: Doug’s project on the “state of the dead” was never finished. After investing in excess of a year of his life occupied in writing the script, producing and directing the project, designing and constructing sets, scouting out locations on his day off and searching for talent; in addition to his already massive work load, the nearly finished project was scrapped. Why? It was decided that his time was needed elsewhere. From reading the first draft of the script, to seeing most of the work completed, I had witness a project that could have made a great impact put aside on the brink of completion.

Doug now works at Amazing Facts. His first project there: The Final Events of Bible Prophecy DVD. Many Adventists know the impact this project has made as an evangelistic tool. 3ABN’s loss is Amazing Facts gain. And what became of Doug’s project for 3ABN? Before leaving he packed all of his work together and handed over the box to Mollie, where it still sits collecting dust...over three years later.

Stay tuned...

+Quote Post
beartrap
post May 25 2006, 09:19 PM
Post #66

500 + posts
Group Icon

rofl1.gif roflmao.gif rofl1.gif roflmao.gif Doug was over the top! One day I had just bounded up the stairs, trotted past Doug's office, and was just about to my own office when I heard an absolutely blood curdling scream come down the hall from behind me... and it was loud! I froze, and my already pale skin paled another few shades. I turned around and no one was there. Cautiously I made my way back down the hall and another terrified scream stopped me again. This time I ran for the closest office, Doug's, and cried, "What's going on?" Smirking, he clicked play on one of his editors, and on seeing Saul entering her cave, the witch of Endor drew back and screamed in terror.

After a cup of tea, my blood pressure went back to normal. Doug's state of the dead project! Sheesh!

+Quote Post
Fran
post May 25 2006, 10:12 PM
Post #67

500 + posts
Group Icon

Group: Financial Donor
Member No.: 529

http://www.atoday.com/6.0.html?&tx_ttnews[tt_news]=60&tx_ttnews[backPid]=1&cHash=7410d7a570

http://www.atoday.com/6.0.html?&tx_ttnews[tt_news]=59&tx_ttnews[backPid]=1&cHash=0a95ab7929

http://www.atoday.com/6.0.html?&tx_ttnews[tt_news]=57&tx_ttnews[backPid]=1&cHash=8a01792fdf

This post has been edited by Fran: May 25 2006, 10:13 PM

--------------------
The greatest want of the world is the want of men-- men who will not be bought or sold, men who in their inmost souls are true and honest, men who do not fear to call sin by its right name, men whose conscience is as true to duty as the needle to the pole, men who will stand for the right though the heavens fall. {Ed 57.3}
But such a character is not the result of accident; it is not due to special favors or endowments of Providence. A noble character is the result of self-discipline, of the subjection of the lower to the higher nature--the surrender of self for the service of love to God and man. {Ed 57.4}

+Quote Post
sonshineonme
post May 25 2006, 10:24 PM
Post #68

1,000 + posts
Group Icon

Member No.: 1,709

QUOTE(Fran @ May 25 2006, 08:12 PM) [snapback]132289[/snapback]

http://www.atoday.com/6.0.html?&tx_ttnews[tt_news]=60&tx_ttnews[backPid]=1&cHash=7410d7a570

I'm not sure it is as it appears. Someone knows. Smells fishy to me...

--------------------
Here's the thing - "...if you pull "folks" into a fight you don't know what "weapon" they will bring." PrincessDrRe

"A man who digs a pit for others to fall into, will end up falling into it himself. And if a man rolls a stone on someone, the stone will roll back on him". Said Solomon the wise, Proverbs 26:27

"No man can follow Christ and go astray." William H.P. Faunce

"If I could hear Christ praying for me in the next room, I would not fear a million enemies. Yet distance makes no difference. He is praying for me." Robert M. McCheyne

Click here for Linda Shelton's newly updated website

+Quote Post
Panama_Pete
post May 25 2006, 10:46 PM
Post #69

500 + posts
Group Icon

Member No.: 522

QUOTE(sonshineonme @ May 25 2006, 10:24 PM) [snapback]132291[/snapback]

I'm not sure it is as it appears. Someone knows. Smells fishy to me...

That's a safe bet. I think you printed the link to the piano story. So, you're hinting there is a possibility that the expensive piano could have been returned during the night from wherever it possibly went? I thought of that. Most people probably did, too. And then they could say, "Here it is is, men." Whether that happened or not, we'll never know.

I believe the 3ABN Chairman's most recent letter published in Adventist Today was first distributed about April 5 by e-mail.

Linda Shelton began speaking at churches about four days previous to that letter being circulated. (The weekend of March 30 to April 1 Linda spoke in Spokane, Washington).

Some will say the timing of the lastest letter from the 3ABN Chairman, regarding divorce and remarriage, is an emotional, sour-grapes reaction to learning that Linda's launch of her ministry in Spokane was a success the previous weekend.

More recently, Linda ministered in Thayer, Kansas.

If anyone would like to have Linda minister at their church, they can contact her at her Web site which is:

http://www.lindashelton.org

This post has been edited by Panama_Pete: May 25 2006, 10:59 PM

+Quote Post
Guest_vonessa_*
post May 26 2006, 09:56 AM
Post #70

Guests

Dr. Thompson's letter on the AToday site was strange. Why go on like that talking about somebody else's divorce and all the allegations of cheating and things? If it wasn't for the country bumpkins at 3ABN, we wouldn't have heard word one about what happened. But they keep leaking these strange stories and then saying that they are "reluctant to make details public."

He says stuff like this, "The relationship Linda had with the Norwegian Dr. was not a normal doctor-patient relationship as she claims. It is true. Linda was very concerned about her son Nathan. He was the vehicle through which the Dr. reached Linda. Our evidence leaves no question that this became much more than a doctor-patient relationship. We know that the long hours on the phone together were not about Nathan and have hard evidence to support this knowledge - nor were times spent together on both sides of the Atlantic. Furthermore, she refused to break it off, even after weeks of pleading with her to do so. We, the board believe the evidence we have clearly justifies the divorce and gives Danny the moral and legal right to remarry. Those in church leadership with whom we have shared some of this evidence agree with us. Out of concern for Linda we have been reluctant to make details public."

Now what kind of marriage is that public that everybody you work with has to know about all the little details? This sounds like my teenage daughter. And how do they know the talk wasn't about Nathan? What were they listening for?

If I was Linda, I would of told them to get out of being up in my business. And what kind of affair goes on in the telephone?

Sorry I am talking so long, but this bugs me! And then this Thompson guy says this, "I have had an interesting thought this week that I will share with you. It is this. God lost one of his closest companions when Lucifer went astray. More than that, myriads more angels left with him when he left heaven. Talk about grief or emotional pain. Experiences such as this with Linda, I think, help us to understand the pain of loss, and the reality of the war between God and Satan. Some have claimed it takes two to divorce. I don't think that is categorically true!"

Now that don't make any sense unless it's trying to say that Linda is just like Lucifer and that Danny is like God. Talk about taking the "high road." Perhaps Thompson should get off his meds before he writes his next excuse letter. Can't believe that nobody told him that he would sound like an idiot. He's like one of those old southern hicks who thinks he's so high and mighty that people will just listen to whatever he says because he's the one saying it.

Well, let me close this long message with this caterogical statement: "Walter Thompson is a moron."

This post has been edited by vonessa: May 26 2006, 10:03 AM

+Quote Post
beartrap
post May 26 2006, 10:43 AM
Post #71

500 + posts
Group Icon

QUOTE(vonessa @ May 26 2006, 10:56 AM) [snapback]132359[/snapback]

Dr. Thompson's letter on the AToday site was strange. Why go on like that talking about somebody else's divorce and all the allegations of cheating and things? If it wasn't for the country bumpkins at 3ABN, we wouldn't have heard word one about what happened. But they keep leaking these strange stories and then saying that they are "reluctant to make details public."

He says stuff like this, "The relationship Linda had with the Norwegian Dr. was not a normal doctor-patient relationship as she claims. It is true. Linda was very concerned about her son Nathan. He was the vehicle through which the Dr. reached Linda. Our evidence leaves no question that this became much more than a doctor-patient relationship. We know that the long hours on the phone together were not about Nathan and have hard evidence to support this knowledge - nor were times spent together on both sides of the Atlantic. Furthermore, she refused to break it off, even after weeks of pleading with her to do so. We, the board believe the evidence we have clearly justifies the divorce and gives Danny the moral and legal right to remarry. Those in church leadership with whom we have shared some of this evidence agree with us. Out of concern for Linda we have been reluctant to make details public."

Now what kind of marriage is that public that everybody you work with has to know about all the little details? This sounds like my teenage daughter. And how do they know the talk wasn't about Nathan? What were they listening for?

If I was Linda, I would of told them to get out of being up in my business. And what kind of affair goes on in the telephone?

Sorry I am talking so long, but this bugs me! And then this Thompson guy says this, "I have had an interesting thought this week that I will share with you. It is this. God lost one of his closest companions when Lucifer went astray. More than that, myriads more angels left with him when he left heaven. Talk about grief or emotional pain. Experiences such as this with Linda, I think, help us to understand the pain of loss, and the reality of the war between God and Satan. Some have claimed it takes two to divorce. I don't think that is categorically true!"

Now that don't make any sense unless it's trying to say that Linda is just like Lucifer and that Danny is like God. Talk about taking the "high road." Perhaps Thompson should get off his meds before he writes his next excuse letter. Can't believe that nobody told him that he would sound like an idiot. He's like one of those old southern hicks who thinks he's so high and mighty that people will just listen to whatever he says because he's the one saying it.

Well, let me close this long message with this caterogical statement: "Walter Thompson is a moron."

spoton.gif

According to Danny, the next in this line of letters is coming from John Lomacang. IF he proceeds with it, I'm afraid the same will be appropriately said of him.

+Quote Post
lurker
post May 26 2006, 10:45 AM
Post #72

Advanced Member

Member No.: 676

QUOTE(vonessa @ May 26 2006, 10:56 AM) [snapback]132359[/snapback]

Was Linda able to go with Danny to Tampa? Did Danny go? What happened on that trip? http://web.archive.org/web/20040208170940/...//www.3abn.org/

+Quote Post
Panama_Pete
post May 26 2006, 11:02 AM
Post #73

500 + posts
Group Icon

Member No.: 522

QUOTE(vonessa @ May 26 2006, 09:56 AM) [snapback]132359[/snapback]

The letter you mentioned stated: "Lucifer went astray. More than that, myriads more angels left with him when he left heaven. Talk about grief or emotional pain. Experiences such as this with Linda...."

My family and I just laughed when we (the evil angels?) read that part.

+Quote Post
Fran
post May 26 2006, 11:34 AM
Post #74

500 + posts
Group Icon

Group: Financial Donor
Member No.: 529

QUOTE(lurker @ May 26 2006, 11:45 AM) [snapback]132363[/snapback]

Was Linda able to go with Danny to Tampa? Did Danny go? What happened on that trip? http://web.archive.org/web/20040208170940/...//www.3abn.org/

Lurker;

My guess? She found out about Brandy and thier child? March 7, she is accused of Spiritual Adultery!

Hope TV;

Hire Linda; she is the clean one.

--------------------
The greatest want of the world is the want of men-- men who will not be bought or sold, men who in their inmost souls are true and honest, men who do not fear to call sin by its right name, men whose conscience is as true to duty as the needle to the pole, men who will stand for the right though the heavens fall. {Ed 57.3}
But such a character is not the result of accident; it is not due to special favors or endowments of Providence. A noble character is the result of self-discipline, of the subjection of the lower to the higher nature--the surrender of self for the service of love to God and man. {Ed 57.4}

+Quote Post
beartrap
post May 26 2006, 11:45 AM
Post #75

500 + posts
Group Icon

QUOTE(Fran @ May 26 2006, 12:34 PM) [snapback]132371[/snapback]

Hope TV;

Hire Linda; she is the clean one.

She may technically be clean, but realistically she is tarnished; damaged goods. I have spoken with media organizations in the church who say they believe her, and say they would like to use her, but it would split their base.

+Quote Post

13 Pages V  « < 3 4 5 6 7 > » 
Reply to this topicStart new topic
1 User(s) are reading this topic (1 Guests and 0 Anonymous Users)
0 Members:

Lo-Fi Version Time is now: 23rd March 2008 - 03:46 PM
Design by: Download IPB Skins & eBusiness
BlackSDA has no official affiliation or endorsement from the Seventh-day Adventist church