Archive of http://www.blacksda.com/forums/index.php?showtopic=9862&st=60 preserved for the defense in 3ABN and Danny Shelton v. Joy and Pickle.
Links altered to maintain their integrity and aid in navigation, but content otherwise unchanged.
Saved at 01:39:13 PM on March 27, 2008.
IPB

Welcome Guest ( Log In | Register )

9 Pages V  « < 3 4 5 6 7 > »   
Reply to this topicStart new topic
> Dr. Arild Abrahamsen Speaks Out For Himself And Linda
watchbird
post Jul 15 2006, 02:25 PM
Post #61

1,000 + posts
Group Icon

Group: Members
Member No.: 1,712

QUOTE(Panama_Pete @ Jul 15 2006, 09:36 AM) [snapback]139480[/snapback]

In our town, the health inspectors are forced to publish their visits to restaurants in the newspaper, just to pressure the restaurants to fix the observed violations. A report to the restaurant about the rat turds, by itself, does not produce any urgency on the part of the restaurants. When customers read the newspaper and stop visiting the restaurants, that's when the cleaning takes place.

In a similar fashion, the Adventist Church must have received the reports of visible "rat turds" by now. As with restaurants, they need to read about themselves in the newspaper before they can clean house. The Church will do nothing until the general public reads about the turds -- and about the rats from which the turds came.

I think you have a point, and I'm sure there have been times during the last two years when some of us have had the strong temptation to pick up the phone and call National Enquirer--or at least some Evangelical cult-watch group who would love nothing better than to expose an Adventist fiasco.

But I'm still hopeful that getting the information out to the general Adventist public, through private contacts, bulletin boards such as BSDA and whoever else wants to join in, as well as printed Adventist sources, will be enough to stir the Adventists themselves to demand that the Church sever their connection with the restaurants dealing in rat turds and aid in spreading the truth about such places to the church at large. Let's keep trying that a little longer before we turn the public bloodhounds loose.

This post has been edited by watchbird: Jul 15 2006, 02:25 PM
Go to the top of the page

+Quote Post
watchbird
post Jul 15 2006, 02:51 PM
Post #62

1,000 + posts
Group Icon

QUOTE(Clay @ Jul 15 2006, 02:22 PM) [snapback]139509[/snapback]

whatever the semantics I am glad his side of the story is out.... there will still be skeptics and thats cool.... as I said on another forum, remind me not to call the church if something happens to me, I am sure the members will find a way to blame me for my plight and in essence shoot the wounded.... such toxic relationships.......

Ah yes, skeptics many .. though I'm not at all sure I find that "cool". I think this is my opening to mention that I have just found that I can get on Club Adventist 3ABN TOPICS again. Dunno why I was put off. Dunno why I am back on. I was always able to log in, but for about four months have been "denied access" to the 3ABN forum. Today I could get on. Maybe there are others here who lost their ability to get on and have quit trying. Try again. You may be admitted now.

Just had to put that in there so I could note that I think your latter statement seems more appropriate there than here. scratchchin.gif

This post has been edited by watchbird: Jul 15 2006, 02:52 PM

+Quote Post
Clay
post Jul 15 2006, 02:54 PM
Post #63

5,000 + posts
Group Icon

Group: Administrator
Member No.: 4

QUOTE(watchbird @ Jul 15 2006, 02:51 PM) [snapback]139513[/snapback]

Ah yes, skeptics many .. though I'm not at all sure I find that "cool". I think this is my opening to mention that I have just found that I can get on Club Adventist 3ABN TOPICS again. Dunno why I was put off. Dunno why I am back on. I was always able to log in, but for about four months have been "denied access" to the 3ABN forum. Today I could get on. Maybe there are others here who lost their ability to get on and have quit trying. Try again. You may be admitted now.

Just had to put that in there so I could note that I think your latter statement seems more appropriate there than here. scratchchin.gif
I left this till last so it would hopefully be most prominent for a while.

I think this is a VERY important point, and one that not everyone even thinks of when they think of supporting 3ABN or not supporting it.

What this means is that we should voice our objections to our Church taking funds sent to Church entities and diverting it to 3ABN by paying to put Church produced programs on 3ABN. Are there more details we should know? Can you give us the proper channels through which to direct our objections to these programs being put on 3ABN?
what I mean watchbird is from the beginning there were those of us who smelled a rat and thought that Mr. Shelton was not being honest. As more info has come to light it has confirmed what we believed... as for the skeptics, hey they exist, and its not our fault if they are not "paying attention."

I think since the latest letter has been made public both forums are re-opening their 3abn threads... they should never have closed them in the first place....

--------------------
"you are as sick as your secrets...." -quote from Celebrity Rehab-

+Quote Post
watchbird
post Jul 15 2006, 02:55 PM
Post #64

1,000 + posts
Group Icon

QUOTE(beartrap @ Jul 15 2006, 12:24 PM) [snapback]139490[/snapback]

It is claimed that the Adventist Church does not financially support 3ABN, yet they do. Every tithe and offering paying Seventh-day Adventist contributes to 3ABN. those tithes and offerings go through the layers of conferences up to the GC. The GC, and in many cases the conferences, allocates a certain amount of that money to go into It is Written, Amazing Facts, Breath of Life, Voice of Prophecy, etc. for the purpose of program distribution. Much of that money is then sent to 3ABN for payment on airtime. A few years ago, 3ABN was charging $1,200.00 per broadcast hour for each of those entities, and others, to be on the air. This makes the current scandals personally relevant to every thithe paying SDA. If people are concerned about their money going to support 3ABN and the Shelton family through the church programs, they should be raising their voices to the church leaders about a change in allocation for that funding.

I think this is a VERY important point, and one that not everyone even thinks of when they think of supporting 3ABN or not supporting it.

What this means is that we should voice our objections to our Church taking funds sent to Church entities and diverting it to 3ABN by paying to put Church produced programs on 3ABN. Are there more details we should know? Can you give us the proper channels through which to direct our objections to these programs being put on 3ABN

+Quote Post
princessdi
post Jul 15 2006, 02:58 PM
Post #65

5,000 + posts
Group Icon

Group: Administrator
Member No.: 47

What makes us think that some victim will not? There are many more, are there not? Everyone is not willing to sacrifice themselves or even wait for retribution for the sake of the blessing it is to many. Some will be angered to the point of calling somebody. I keep saying, just because SDAs are low on the radar does not make us immune from those who are looking to take down televaaaaangelist. We know in the past, these stories make it to Primetime, 48hrs, 60 Minutes and other primtime newsmagazines, even if they have to spend three minutes explaining exactly who you are and where you come from.
QUOTE(watchbird @ Jul 15 2006, 12:25 PM) [snapback]139510[/snapback]

I think you have a point, and I'm sure there have been times during the last two years when some of us have had the strong temptation to pick up the phone and call National Enquirer--or at least some Evangelical cult-watch group who would love nothing better than to expose an Adventist fiasco.
But I'm still hopeful that getting the information out to the general Adventist public, through private contacts, bulletin boards such as BSDA and whoever else wants to join in, as well as printed Adventist sources, will be enough to stir the Adventists themselves to demand that the Church sever their connection with the restaurants dealing in rat turds and aid in spreading the truth about such places to the church at large. Let's keep trying that a little longer before we turn the public bloodhounds loose.

--------------------
TTFN
Di

And we know that all things work together for good to them that love God, to them who are the called according to his purpose---Romans 8:28

A great many people believe they are thinking when they are merely rearranging their prejudices.-- William James

It is better to be silent and be thought a fool, than to speak and remove all doubt.- Mark Twain

+Quote Post
PrincessDrRe
post Jul 15 2006, 03:23 PM
Post #66

PrincessDrRe
Group Icon

Group: Financial Donor
Member No.: 712

QUOTE(watchbird @ Jul 15 2006, 04:12 PM) [snapback]139507[/snapback]

.... What difference do the terms mean anyhow?

I was offtopic.gif - however a "question"/statement about the "publishing" of the letter was made by someone (another poster="Siriss"). I answered the post with what I thought. You Watchbird - stated what you saw as wrong with my answer. I had a rebuttal..... If someone states I'm wrong and I can show where they are wrong that is what I'm going to do.

This happens when the entire thread/post is not read.

Carry on!

BOT!

snack.gif

This post has been edited by PrincessDrRe: Jul 15 2006, 03:25 PM

--------------------
*"Some folks use their ignorance like a umbrella. It covers everything, they perodically take it out from time to time, but it never is too far away from them."*
PrincessDrRe; March, 2007

~"Blood = Meat, Face = Meat, Internal "Organs" = Meat - you can try to make it cuter; but it's still meat...."~
PrincessDrRe; September, 2007

*(NOTE: Any advice given by Re' Silvey, MSW is not to be taken as medical/mental health advice. Although trained to be a counselor, currently employed as a therapist, and currently pursuing her PhD in Counseling Psychology (ABD/I) - she is not your assigned therapist. Please consult a mental health professional of your choice for a face-to-face consultation.)*

+Quote Post
beartrap
post Jul 15 2006, 03:27 PM
Post #67

500 + posts
Group Icon

Member No.: 1,659

QUOTE(watchbird @ Jul 15 2006, 03:55 PM) [snapback]139517[/snapback]

What this means is that we should voice our objections to our Church taking funds sent to Church entities and diverting it to 3ABN by paying to put Church produced programs on 3ABN. Are there more details we should know? Can you give us the proper channels through which to direct our objections to these programs being put on 3ABN

In most cases it is part of the evangelism budget. I would think that contacting your own pastor, and then the office of the President at the local conference, the union, the division, and the GC with your objections would be the proper, and most effective way to make a difference. I would put it in writing and be reasonable, yet persistent.

+Quote Post
Siriss
post Jul 15 2006, 04:52 PM
Post #68

Member No.: 1,739

QUOTE(Clay @ Jul 15 2006, 03:22 PM) [snapback]139509[/snapback]

whatever the semantics I am glad his side of the story is out....

In an obscure way, this was all I was trying to get at in the first place. What does it matter who got to the story first? BSDA, and all other Internet forums are part of the human network. The information is now available (as it was given by the author)--and with patience, it will freely be given to all.

1 Corinthians 13:12
Now we see but a poor reflection as in a mirror; then we shall see face to face.
Now I know in part; then I shall know fully, even as I am fully known.

+Quote Post
graceful
post Jul 15 2006, 07:51 PM
Post #69

Advanced Member

Member No.: 1,881

QUOTE(Johann @ Jul 14 2006, 09:56 AM) [snapback]139310[/snapback]

Letter from Dr. Abrahamsen, June 20, 2006, Section Three.

Considering the urgency of the situation I allowed the conversations to resume. Linda knew, with her high profile status, that confiding with local people regarding these issues would be very bad for the ministry. I had given counsel to people in difficulty in the past and felt I could be helpful from a distance in this situation. I encouraged Linda to fight for her marriage and ministry many times. This she really did, but she often had to leave her home to find refuge at her daughter's apartment in Springfield, even in the middle of the night because of Danny's behavior. At times like these she was afraid of him. She always returned to her home after a couple of days seeking to try to mend the marriage, but Danny would not allow this.

During the spring of 2004 Danny called my pastor in Norway. Danny tried to get me kicked out as an elder and as a member of the church. My pastor told me about the conversation and he said, "He is mentally sick, he needs professional help."

I find it very disturbing that Walt Thompson defended and continues to defend Danny although he was a witness repeatedly to the emotional and mental abuse that was taking place. At one point he witnessed Danny "trashing" his wife for five hours. I also find it disturbing that John Lomacang, Linda's former pastor, claims to have counseled extensively with Danny and Linda when this was far from the truth. During the months of April and May of 2004, when most of the activity was occurring in this situation, Linda NEVER saw John, who was supposed to be her pastor.

Coincidentally the handful of people supporting Danny and defending his actions has gained either power, position, airtime, homes, public endorsement or all of the above.

Stay Tuned for another section - or more

Great....Good toknow that Dr.A is speaking out. Looking forward to more of this letter. Thanks Johann!

This post has been edited by graceful: Jul 15 2006, 07:53 PM

+Quote Post
sonshineonme
post Jul 15 2006, 07:57 PM
Post #70

1,000 + posts
Group Icon

Member No.: 1,709

QUOTE(graceful @ Jul 15 2006, 06:51 PM) [snapback]139565[/snapback]

Great....Good toknow that Dr.A is speaking out. Looking forward to more of this letter. Thanks Johann!

Graceful, the whole letter is here - go up to post #44. smile.gif

--------------------
Here's the thing - "...if you pull "folks" into a fight you don't know what "weapon" they will bring." PrincessDrRe

"A man who digs a pit for others to fall into, will end up falling into it himself. And if a man rolls a stone on someone, the stone will roll back on him". Said Solomon the wise, Proverbs 26:27

"No man can follow Christ and go astray." William H.P. Faunce

"If I could hear Christ praying for me in the next room, I would not fear a million enemies. Yet distance makes no difference. He is praying for me." Robert M. McCheyne

Click here for Linda Shelton's newly updated website

+Quote Post
Johann
post Jul 15 2006, 08:18 PM
Post #71

1,000 + posts
Group Icon

From: Iceland, formerly Denmark, Norway, USA, Sierra Leone, Nigeria, Faeroe Islands. Bound for Heaven.
Member No.: 686

QUOTE(sonshineonme @ Jul 16 2006, 03:57 AM) [snapback]139567[/snapback]

Graceful, the whole letter is here - go up to post #44. smile.gif

Good to see you out there, sonshineonme. I can assure you that great efforts are being done to send this letter to as many as possible. And we know now that it is being discussed among church leaders in different parts of the world. But much more can be done - so keep sending them out! And leave them in the hands of responsible people and everyone else!

This post has been edited by Johann: Jul 15 2006, 08:19 PM

--------------------
"Any fact that needs to be disclosed should be put out now or as quickly as possible, because otherwise the bleeding will not end." (Attributed to Henry Kissinger)

"He who passively accepts evil is as much involved in it as he who helps to perpetrate it" (Martin Luther King)

"The truth can lose nothing by close investigation". (1888 Materials 38)

+Quote Post
PrincessDrRe
post Jul 16 2006, 10:40 AM
Post #72

PrincessDrRe
Group Icon

What about sending the letter directly to churches pastors - directly.

dunno.gif

QUOTE(Siriss @ Jul 15 2006, 06:52 PM) [snapback]139536[/snapback]

In an obscure way, this was all I was trying to get at in the first place. What does it matter who got to the story first? BSDA, and all other Internet forums are part of the human network. The information is now available (as it was given by the author)--and with patience, it will freely be given to all.

..... offtopic.gif

You asked a question. If you didn't want anyone to "answer it" why ask it in the first place? I was just answering a post - that you posted.

Whose "publishing" is not that deep; however questions were asked as to "who" was actually publishing..... again - If you don't want anyone to answer a question per se - write it so the sarcasm is/can be seen. There are folks on here that read every post and try to answer/point people in the correct direction.

That's all I tried to do in regards to publishing and information about publishing.

I too am glad that the letter is being published/released/"issued" - and could care less who is doing the publishing/releasing/"issuing" as long as it is the (finally!) reached truth.

BOT!

snack.gif

--------------------
*"Some folks use their ignorance like a umbrella. It covers everything, they perodically take it out from time to time, but it never is too far away from them."*

~"Blood = Meat, Face = Meat, Internal "Organs" = Meat - you can try to make it cuter; but it's still meat...."~

*(NOTE: Any advice given by Re' Silvey, MSW is not to be taken as medical/mental health advice. Although trained to be a counselor, currently employed as a therapist, and currently pursuing her PhD in Counseling Psychology (ABD/I) - she is not your assigned therapist. Please consult a mental health professional of your choice for a face-to-face consultation.)*

+Quote Post
sonshineonme
post Jul 16 2006, 10:45 AM
Post #73

1,000 + posts
Group Icon

Member No.: 1,709

QUOTE(Johann @ Jul 15 2006, 07:18 PM) [snapback]139573[/snapback]

Good to see you out there, sonshineonme. I can assure you that great efforts are being done to send this letter to as many as possible. And we know now that it is being discussed among church leaders in different parts of the world. But much more can be done - so keep sending them out! And leave them in the hands of responsible people and everyone else!

I will do what I can. If everyone does what they can, it will be critical in the effort - only I still believe God will be the one multiplying things over and over - and if you were asking me (ok, ask me...) I would include Johann's account along with the Dr. and some others (you know who you are) in a small "info package" to all pastors, all conferences prez's, all other independant ministries, and the GC officials (all of them). And, I know someone who may have the mailing list of 3abn, and that would also be a good group to send "info package". People need to know. It's much much bigger then just what happened to Linda - what was done to her was the unbelievable boldest embracement of SELF that has to be what pushes this over the top. There is a very big picture here. This situation is symbolic of the mark of the beast to me - maybe we get a trial run? giggle.gif

--------------------
Here's the thing - "...if you pull "folks" into a fight you don't know what "weapon" they will bring." PrincessDrRe

"A man who digs a pit for others to fall into, will end up falling into it himself. And if a man rolls a stone on someone, the stone will roll back on him". Said Solomon the wise, Proverbs 26:27

"No man can follow Christ and go astray." William H.P. Faunce

"If I could hear Christ praying for me in the next room, I would not fear a million enemies. Yet distance makes no difference. He is praying for me." Robert M. McCheyne

Click here for Linda Shelton's newly updated website

+Quote Post
PrincessDrRe
post Jul 16 2006, 10:48 AM
Post #74

PrincessDrRe
Group Icon

QUOTE(PrincessDrRe @ Jul 16 2006, 12:40 PM) [snapback]139693[/snapback]

What about sending the letter directly to churches pastors - directly.

dunno.gif

What about also sending the letter directly to other churches too!

I mean - just like someone else said... NOT JUST SDA's WATCH 3ABN!

--------------------

+Quote Post
watchbird
post Jul 16 2006, 11:24 AM
Post #75

1,000 + posts
Group Icon

QUOTE(sonshineonme @ Jul 16 2006, 10:45 AM) [snapback]139695[/snapback]

I will do what I can. If everyone does what they can, it will be critical in the effort - only I still believe God will be the one multiplying things over and over - and if you were asking me (ok, ask me...) I would include Johann's account along with the Dr. and some others (you know who you are) in a small "info package" to all pastors, all conferences prez's, all other independant ministries, and the GC officials (all of them). And, I know someone who may have the mailing list of 3abn, and that would also be a good group to send "info package". People need to know. It's much much bigger then just what happened to Linda - what was done to her was the unbelievable boldest embracement of SELF that has to be what pushes this over the top. There is a very big picture here. This situation is symbolic of the mark of the beast to me - maybe we get a trial run? giggle.gif

It is usually recommended that such information sheets should be no longer than one page--other wise they don't get read--and they need to look like individual, personal contacts rather than a "mass mailing"--even if they are, for the majoritysimply toss things aside rather than reading them. So for most, probably a very short summary or "teaser" type questions would work best, then giving BSDA as an information source and urging people to go there for answers.

Others might respond best to a "headline" type announcement that highlights Abrahamson's announcement, giving only a sample, but again giving the BSDA source for the full document.

And yes, I would agree that Johann's account of things is important, and also some others. The more different styles these communications are and the more directions that they come from, the better.

+Quote Post

9 Pages V  « < 3 4 5 6 7 > » 
Reply to this topicStart new topic
1 User(s) are reading this topic (1 Guests and 0 Anonymous Users)
0 Members:

Lo-Fi Version Time is now: 27th March 2008 - 12:39 PM
Design by: Download IPB Skins & eBusiness
BlackSDA has no official affiliation or endorsement from the Seventh-day Adventist church