Archive of http://www.blacksda.com/forums/index.php?showtopic=9894&st=90 preserved for the defense in 3ABN and Danny Shelton v. Joy and Pickle.
Links altered to maintain their integrity and aid in navigation, but content otherwise unchanged.
Saved at 04:57:14 PM on March 23, 2008.
IPB

Welcome Guest ( Log In | Register )

11 Pages V  « < 5 6 7 8 9 > »   
Reply to this topicStart new topic
> A Time For Action
LadyTenor
post Jul 20 2006, 12:04 PM
Post #91

1,000 + posts
Group Icon

Group: Charter Member
Member No.: 51

QUOTE(PrincessDrRe @ Jul 20 2006, 10:47 AM) [snapback]140688[/snapback]

You cannot RIGHTFULLY sit on ANY board and censure ANYONE if you fail to take action against this man.

EXACTLY!!! Double standards, I tell ya! Mercilations!
QUOTE(simplysaved @ Jul 20 2006, 11:38 AM) [snapback]140719[/snapback]

Thank you!!!! That is exactly what I mean.....What you have outlined is much more proactive, responsible, and will be much better received by those who will ultimately make the decisions..... This would better and more effectively initiate the independent investigation that Calvin has called for. clapping.gif

Sarah, does this comment mean that you have changed your position...that Danny needs to account for this situation and how he has treated Linda? Because before you were insisting that it be left alone....it's okay to change one's mind (women are very good at this), but I just wanted to know where you stand...

--------------------
Visit my blog--"Musings of a Black Scrapbooker"
Talia's MySpace Page

He who has My commandments and keeps them, he it is who loves Me. And he who loves Me shall be loved by My Father, and I will love him and will reveal Myself to him."
--John 14:21

Any comments on blacksda.com made by Talia A. Dickson, J.D. with respect to the law are purely academic in nature and should NOT be construed as legal advice. Mrs. Dickson is not yet authorized to practice law in any jurisdiction. Should you need legal advice for a specific issue, you are encouraged to seek out the advice of an attorney of your own choosing.
Go to the top of the page

+Quote Post
Clay
post Jul 20 2006, 12:06 PM
Post #92

5,000 + posts
Group Icon

Group: Administrator
Member No.: 4

let me say again... I really don't care what Danny does with or at 3abn, that is his company... is it being used by God? I have no idea, if God could use Samson, then I am sure he could use Danny if he wanted.... However to tell Danny how to operate 3abn would be like you trying to tell me how to drive my car.... it aint happening.....

My concern from the start has been the treatment/mistreatment of Linda.... her side was not being told... now its out there, and there is enough info floating around (cause I have been been informing all who may listen) to let people know what it may be like at 3abn..... So even though some have trashed her name, I think we have shown that much of what was being said was not true or at least that there are two sides to every story... to me that is victory.....

For those employees stuck there, I empathize, but at some point they will have to make a decision about what is important to them, the money or peace of mind.....

As I have said many times, people give the church too much power over their lives.... its apparent that as humans we are willing to give anyone power over us if we believe they are on a righteous mission..... that needs to stop IMO... I would hope that the leaders of the various churches would wake up and see, hopefully they will at least consider the info presented on this site....

--------------------
"you are as sick as your secrets...." -quote from Celebrity Rehab-

+Quote Post
Nuggie
post Jul 20 2006, 12:15 PM
Post #93

1,000 + posts
Group Icon

Group: Members
Member No.: 984

QUOTE(icedragon @ Jul 20 2006, 12:02 PM) [snapback]140737[/snapback]

Some of what i have proposed is retred. some is new, but what I have not seen is the information fromailize in an orderly fashion. So I did it. The question is do you want to talk or act. Linda needs our help. are we going to give it to her or not. Your call. I for one want to help. I would have done it allready but I don't have the intrevies with Danny, LInda Kay, Johann Walter ect. If I have to do that then I will.

Ice,

I'm not taking issue with your suggestions...I actually think that your suggestions may be valid...my point was (as Di has mentioned) that some of what you've said has been mentioned by others with direct and peripheral relationships to 3ABN, so I wondered why when you made the suggestions they somehow became more credible or "responsible." Not taking anything away from what you've said.

--------------------
Great minds discuss ideas; average minds discuss events; small minds discuss people.

+Quote Post
simplysaved
post Jul 20 2006, 12:22 PM
Post #94

5,000 + posts
Group Icon

Member No.: 830

offtopic.gif IMHO, I have been the one with character assassination....previous threads and PM's speak for themselves as well as they way that certain people suddenly do or not speak ...other things that I have "heard" are circumspect and gossip whether directed at me or said to stated be by me. Thus the laughter....and the fact that one whould easily jump on this part of a response, totally disreagarding the discussion....to me that comes across as character assassination toward me. But as Calvin has stated before BSDA is what it is....people who have to all work out their own salvation and/or sanctification with God....I accept the fact that some may like me or agree with me, but since that has nothing to do with my relationship with Christ I move on....None of our perfect, and I certainly don't claim to be, but I am sincere in my walk with Christ.

Back on topic---If you have not been reading my posts here, then I will say it again: it is not about what you do as much as it is about the way you do what you do---especially for those who say that Christ is Lord in their lives....and I have called on the carpet some very infleuntual people in SDA---more that once. There is a way you do things to be heard and taken seriously.

QUOTE(PrincessDrRe @ Jul 20 2006, 12:59 PM) [snapback]140753[/snapback]

May seem offtopic.gif BUT it really is ON TOPIC!

Lemmie rephrase my question so that it is totally understood....

Directed toward Simply.....

Is what Bro J stated about "character assassination" (underlined portion above) toward others true of you? If so - then why all the problem with the questioning and concern about Danny?

If it is not true then you do actually have a point.

Remember - remotely true - you have not a leg to stand on.
Remember - not true - you have a point.

--------------------
"No weapon formed against YOU (Sarah--and every Believer/Servant of God) shall prosper and every tongue that rises against you in judgement you will condemn...."--Isaiah 54:17

+Quote Post
Clay
post Jul 20 2006, 12:28 PM
Post #95

5,000 + posts
Group Icon

TVsnack.gif snack.gif

--------------------

+Quote Post
PrincessDrRe
post Jul 20 2006, 12:30 PM
Post #96

PrincessDrRe
Group Icon

Group: Financial Donor
Member No.: 712

It's not offtopic.gif because it points directly to your view of the entire Danny Shelton mess.

You can sit on a board and later censure others - yet when given the chance to "do something about" a "major player" you choose to stand by and do nothing.

I don't care if it Danny, Lenny, or Pete - if you are wrong, you are wrong. GOD want us to let him handle things and along with that he wants us to use SENSE.

I restate the question - true or not?

If true - then you have no point.
If not true - then you make sense.

& that's not "character assassination" that is TRUTH.

People in glass house cannot throw stones - with all due respect - do you need to drop your rocks?

--------------------
*"Some folks use their ignorance like a umbrella. It covers everything, they perodically take it out from time to time, but it never is too far away from them."*
PrincessDrRe; March, 2007

~"Blood = Meat, Face = Meat, Internal "Organs" = Meat - you can try to make it cuter; but it's still meat...."~
PrincessDrRe; September, 2007

*(NOTE: Any advice given by Re' Silvey, MSW is not to be taken as medical/mental health advice. Although trained to be a counselor, currently employed as a therapist, and currently pursuing her PhD in Counseling Psychology (ABD/I) - she is not your assigned therapist. Please consult a mental health professional of your choice for a face-to-face consultation.)*

+Quote Post
Freedom
post Jul 20 2006, 12:37 PM
Post #97

Member No.: 1,913

QUOTE(sister @ Jul 15 2006, 08:51 PM) [snapback]139620[/snapback]

Calvin,

It was exactly three months ago today when I made the first post in the thread “An Unauthorized History of 3ABN”. The Lord impressed me that I had information to share and that BSDA was the right place and it was the right time. We have struggled twice over the closing of thread and reopening it. Both times, even though you were personally not convinced of the truth contained in all of my narratives, you still upheld my right to continue to speak freely within certain agreed upon boundaries. And it was you who approached me in regard to gathering all the 3ABN threads together in their own section, including the chapter divisions of “An Unauthorized History of 3ABN” in order to make the information more easily accessible. Personally, I believe that it was the Lord’s leading. And now with the testimony of Dr. Arild Abrahamsen, you have publicly confessed that you no longer stand on the fence, but accept the truth of his witness.

Calvin, I want to personally thank you for spearheading this call for action. Like the good Samaritan, you have seen the victims lying at the side of the road—battered, bruised and bleeding—and instead of merely stopping with a look of sadness on your face and shaking your head at the iniquity of it all and then going on—you knelt down. Not worrying about the victims blood staining your clothing, you gently began to minister to their needs—with no thought for yourself. Your actions speak loudly and I am sure that they are registered in the Lamb’s Book of Life. God bless you, Calvin, for following your conviction to do what is just.

Sister

In regards to post #11, I can anamiously say that some of the suggestions listed in the post are happening.

God is moving in a mighty way.

Due to the nature of the issues involved, until it becomes public, pray for God's leading in this issues that will be dealt with.

Freedom

+Quote Post
simplysaved
post Jul 20 2006, 12:38 PM
Post #98

5,000 + posts
Group Icon

My position is I am not taking seriously anything that comes off sounding like the National Inquirer....the initial threads that began this IMHO did (whether or not they were true), the reactions of those that posted (some of them) were not kind or Christian. I stand by that....people were asked not to post there out of respect for those who felt the need to share....I respected that and stopped.

People do not need anyone but God to handle a situation...for those that feel that they have been wronged, you don't need IMHO BSDA or any other organization for God to handle things. But you do need to address the direct source of the decision making board. We claim to be Christians and not need the .org, but yet for those who have been given the the spiritual burden of sharing this publically they had not spiritual vision (that was presented here at BSDA) for resolving this until Calvin made a call for people to send mass e-mailings and most recently for an independent investigation. Whether or not one may feel that anything was wrong, an independent investigation is more than a fair request and will put an end to speculation. Most of all wer can move on in service for Christ.

There had to be an investigation with the issue that occurred in South Central Conference...and I do believe that is a more mature response which may now be needed here---once and for all.

QUOTE(LadyTenor @ Jul 20 2006, 01:04 PM) [snapback]140757[/snapback]

EXACTLY!!! Double standards, I tell ya! Mercilations!
Sarah, does this comment mean that you have changed your position...that Danny needs to account for this situation and how he has treated Linda? Because before you were insisting that it be left alone....it's okay to change one's mind (women are very good at this), but I just wanted to know where you stand...

--------------------
"No weapon formed against YOU (Sarah--and every Believer/Servant of God) shall prosper and every tongue that rises against you in judgement you will condemn...."--Isaiah 54:17

+Quote Post
icedragon
post Jul 20 2006, 12:40 PM
Post #99

Advanced Member

Member No.: 918

QUOTE(Nuggie @ Jul 20 2006, 12:15 PM) [snapback]140759[/snapback]

Ice,

I'm not taking issue with your suggestions...I actually think that your suggestions may be valid...my point was (as Di has mentioned) that some of what you've said has been mentioned by others with direct and peripheral relationships to 3ABN, so I wondered why when you made the suggestions they somehow became more credible or "responsible." Not taking anything away from what you've said.

I was not saying they became more credible when I said them. I only fromalized them in a way that had not been presented before. This is to get the ball rolling. I belive this post is "A Time For Action" I only suggest what actions I thought we should take. That is all

This post has been edited by icedragon: Jul 20 2006, 12:44 PM

+Quote Post
simplysaved
post Jul 20 2006, 12:42 PM
Post #100

5,000 + posts
Group Icon

You'll gain weight that way! rofl1.gif

QUOTE(Clay @ Jul 20 2006, 12:28 PM) [snapback]140761[/snapback]

TVsnack.gif snack.gif

--------------------

+Quote Post
princessdi
post Jul 20 2006, 12:45 PM
Post #101

5,000 + posts
Group Icon

Member No.: 47

Problem is, ther are some who want ot skip the fixing the problem part and just jump to forgive and move on, i.e., your suggestions for "new and more relevant" programming at 3ABN. I think everyone is ready for something to at all to happen. So far nothing has happened, and Danny goes on his maerry way new wife, family, still tormenting the old wife.......and we forgive and move on, right?

The times of which you speak when we say folks in the church refuse to forgive and move on are situations where discipline and/or resolution has occurred. Case in point, onc pastor who's indescretioon hit the fan big time. He was disciplined, foprgiven,and is now back preaching. However we stil had some here, " I just can't hear him preach", "i just think about that poor girl everytine I see him". HUGE difference in the two situations. Danny has never been held accountable for his actions let alone disciplined for them. This pastor was, and those who still have to bring it up are doing the work of the Accuser, and we all know who that is.

All that I am asking is that Danny be held accountable like any ohter member of the church. No playing foavorites because the conference thinks he won't broadcast SDA programming anymore. If he doesnt' so be it, it is not like there are not other options.

QUOTE(simplysaved @ Jul 20 2006, 10:33 AM) [snapback]140742[/snapback]

I have had to address issues with those in high places one or twice smile.gif ...God has called still these people (conference or laymen) regardless and we still have to address and confront sin in a way that will be respectful...and is Christian...because when it is all said and done, the investigation may not result in his removal or his influence...and then what? It is how you do what you do....not just doing it. And yes, if GOD places it on your heart, He will not tell you to do it in a way that is contrary to His Word or that is out of an emotional response. And I believe God will not give me a burden to do something and I do not have the morally responsibility to lead....that is scripture. If this is a Gideon moment, did not God tell Gideon what to do? Or Moses? Or Elijah?

It has been said over the 2 years that I have been here at BSDA time and time again how people in the SDA church do not forgive and move on ...what happens if God does not see (in the end of this investigation) that his sin is more important than God's purpose--through Danny? Are people ready to accept whatever outcome God chooses?

--------------------
TTFN
Di

And we know that all things work together for good to them that love God, to them who are the called according to his purpose---Romans 8:28

A great many people believe they are thinking when they are merely rearranging their prejudices.-- William James

It is better to be silent and be thought a fool, than to speak and remove all doubt.- Mark Twain

+Quote Post
Clay
post Jul 20 2006, 12:47 PM
Post #102

5,000 + posts
Group Icon

QUOTE(simplysaved @ Jul 20 2006, 12:38 PM) [snapback]140765[/snapback]

My position is I am not taking seriously anything that comes off sounding like the National Inquirer....the initial threads that began this IMHO did (whether or not they were true), the reactions of those that posted (some of them) were not kind or Christian. I stand by that....people were asked not to post there out of respect for those who felt the need to share....I respected that and stopped.

you would be ummmm not quite right... the 3abn saga was introduced in 2004 and at that time in the absence of info we encouraged people to pray for both Linda and Danny, because we did not know... other forums specifically VOAF (which no longer exists) had scathing comments about Mr. Shelton's behavior but no one was saying anything like that UNTIL Mr. Shelton contacted Calvin and said that we were being tabloidish.... at that time we begin to dig into this situation further... so we have been investigating, and we have been receiving 1st hand info.... some people (including yourself) have chosen not to believe it... and that's life....

--------------------

+Quote Post
Nuggie
post Jul 20 2006, 12:50 PM
Post #103

1,000 + posts
Group Icon

Member No.: 984

I looked up the definition of "character assassination" because those words are pretty heavy and shouldn't be used lightly in any situation. Here's what I found:

Character assassination is an intentional attempt to influence the portrayal or reputation of a particular person, whether living or a historical personage, in such a way as to cause others to develop an extremely negative, unethical or unappealing perception of him or her. By its nature, it involves deliberate exaggeration or manipulation of facts to present an untrue picture of the targeted person.

I'm not sure I understand how this applies to the 3ABN situation because:

1. The information we've discussed here has come directly from the persons who have interacted with Danny and who have first-hand, eyewitness accounts of what took place between him and Linda;

2. The genesis of this whole saga was Danny's mistreatment of Linda...no one went looking for information to deliberately disparage anybody at 3ABN;

3. The story keeps growing because Danny keeps adding fuel to the fire with half-truths, lies, and misrepresentations of facts. Therefore, people feel compelled to get their side of the story out to the public.

Am I missing something here? dunno.gif

QUOTE(icedragon @ Jul 20 2006, 01:40 PM) [snapback]140767[/snapback]

I was not saying they became more credible when I said them. I only fromalized them in a way that had not been presented before. This is to get the ball rolling. I belive this post is "A Time For Action" I only suggest what actions I thought we should take. That is all

No problem, Ice...my post really wasn't directed towards you...I just used your post to get clarification from someone else on something that was bothering me. It's cool.

--------------------
Great minds discuss ideas; average minds discuss events; small minds discuss people.

+Quote Post
Clay
post Jul 20 2006, 12:54 PM
Post #104

5,000 + posts
Group Icon

QUOTE(Nuggie @ Jul 20 2006, 12:50 PM) [snapback]140771[/snapback]

I looked up the definition of "character assassination" because those words are pretty heavy and shouldn't be used lightly in any situation. Here's what I found:
I'm not sure I understand how this applies to the 3ABN situation because:

1. The information we've discussed here has come directly from the persons who have interacted with Danny and who have first-hand, eyewitness accounts of what took place between him and Linda;

2. The genesis of this whole saga was Danny's mistreatment of Linda...no one went looking for information to deliberately disparage anybody at 3ABN;

3. The story keeps growing because Danny keeps adding fuel to the fire with half-truths, lies, and misrepresentations of facts. Therefore, people feel compelled to get their side of the story out to the public.

Am I missing something here? dunno.gif

you are not and you have summed up concisely how we became interested in the 3abn mess from the start....

--------------------

+Quote Post
simplysaved
post Jul 20 2006, 12:55 PM
Post #105

5,000 + posts
Group Icon

For clarity, I am speaking directly of the recent series within the past few months... smile.gif
Bill Cosby stated well in a episode of his show how something is presented can overpower the value it has....AFHI was shut down legally for that very same reason, and yet lake Region conference had their own wesite which left out the subjected and posted original letters on the original letterhead with signatures. Presentation.

QUOTE(Clay @ Jul 20 2006, 01:47 PM) [snapback]140770[/snapback]

you would be ummmm not quite right... the 3abn saga was introduced in 2004 and at that time in the absence of info we encouraged people to pray for both Linda and Danny, because we did not know... other forums specifically VOAF (which no longer exists) had scathing comments about Mr. Shelton's behavior but no one was saying anything like that UNTIL Mr. Shelton contacted Calvin and said that we were being tabloidish.... at that time we begin to dig into this situation further... so we have been investigating, and we have been receiving 1st hand info.... some people (including yourself) have chosen not to believe it... and that's life....

--------------------

+Quote Post

11 Pages V  « < 5 6 7 8 9 > » 
Reply to this topicStart new topic
1 User(s) are reading this topic (1 Guests and 0 Anonymous Users)
0 Members:

Lo-Fi Version Time is now: 23rd March 2008 - 03:57 PM
Design by: Download IPB Skins & eBusiness
BlackSDA has no official affiliation or endorsement from the Seventh-day Adventist church