Archive of http://www.blacksda.com/forums/index.php?showtopic=9894&st=30 preserved for the defense in 3ABN and Danny Shelton v. Joy and Pickle.
Links altered to maintain their integrity and aid in navigation, but content otherwise unchanged.
Saved at 04:57:04 PM on March 23, 2008.
IPB

Welcome Guest ( Log In | Register )

11 Pages V  < 1 2 3 4 5 > »   
Reply to this topicStart new topic
> A Time For Action
Johann
post Jul 17 2006, 05:01 PM
Post #31

1,000 + posts
Group Icon

Group: Members
From: Iceland, formerly Denmark, Norway, USA, Sierra Leone, Nigeria, Faeroe Islands. Bound for Heaven.
Member No.: 686

QUOTE(calvin @ Jul 17 2006, 05:45 AM) [snapback]139822[/snapback]

You ask how can BSDA or any message board effect change at 3ABN, you also believe that there is little we can do to make a difference. I think you are wrong. 50 years ago a woman refused to go to back of the bus. Black people rallied around Rosa Parks and boycotted the bus company and after several months not only did not have to go to the back of the bus, but they got Black bus drivers too, thus the civil rights movement was born. This is one example, but throughout history we have examples of one person, or a small group of people driving change.

I can only assume that you are in the do nothing/wait on the Lord camp. I am not. God uses human agent to do His work. Jesus was a man of action. I believe the Lord expects us to everything in our power to help ourselves and others. Personally, I just feel better when I know that I have done all that I can and then put it God’s hands.

We don’t need someone filing a law suit for tax evasion as you suggested. Regardless of Danny’s hold on 3ABN, when he becomes a liability to the church, 3ABN will be cutoff. I believe there are men and women of influence with backbone, that maybe where not aware of these allegations made by Dr. A,. that will ask will want to get to the bottom of this, that do believe that our church leaders and public figures should adhere to high moral and ethical standards, if not then this church is really in a sorry state of affairs.

I was talking with someone who attended the 3abn campmeeting in May. Danny repeatedly told the crowd that he is tired of responding to rumors and lies about him and his ministry. He said he is not answering anymore questions. He wants this to go away. This is all the more reason we need to get this letter out so the questions will continue to be asked….and as Watchbird suggest, get the Dr Thompson letter out too and let people decide who is lying.

Calvin, It took courage for Rosa Parks, and others like her, to step forward in a peaceful action. You are following that worthy tradition, and may the Lord use many more in peaceful actions to clean those corners needed to proclaim a Living Gospel these days. There is no sense in glorifying abuse and evil, hiding it behind a sanctimonious proclamation.

We pray for strength and courage - and for Wisdom from Above!

--------------------
"Any fact that needs to be disclosed should be put out now or as quickly as possible, because otherwise the bleeding will not end." (Attributed to Henry Kissinger)

"He who passively accepts evil is as much involved in it as he who helps to perpetrate it" (Martin Luther King)

"The truth can lose nothing by close investigation". (1888 Materials 38)

Go to the top of the page

+Quote Post
inga
post Jul 18 2006, 06:59 PM
Post #32

500 + posts
Group Icon

Member No.: 577

I was just thinking of sending a copy of Dr. Abrahamsen's letter to a friend working at the GC offices, but I received a copy instead! clapping.gif

This is what my friend shared:
"I haven't even checked the Black SDA site to see if it's made its way there yet. I do know it is making its way around the leadership of the GC though. Apparently many of the administrators who have been in Turkey for 2 weeks at the BRI's Bible Conference, received it while there. I don't know what they think."

So the message is getting out. Let us pray that it will be taken seriously.

This is Step 1. What would be helpful would be several more statements like this from other eye witnesses who are willing to be identified by name and address. Each one could be "pinned" at the top of the forum for easy reference and distribution.

I think it would also be good for several disinterested third parties to pull some information together into a statement that could be shared. Again, to be taken seriously, this needs to be from folks who are willing to attach their names and addresses to it.

Each statement sent out -- after an appropriate interval since the last one -- will build credibility. Some of the recipients of this letter have scarcely heard anything negative about Dan Shelton. They may have wondered about his re-marriage, but that's about all. They need information so that they can form an informed opinion. Dr. Abrahamsen's letter alone may seem to them to be exaggerated, and they may not know how much they should believe. (I remember it took a rather long time for some administrators on this board to get off the fence. ;-) )

And, by the way, just because we know that the document is making its rounds at the GC level doesn't mean that no one else should send the document to the same folks. The more copies they receive, the more likely they'll take it seriously. To be effective, it would be good for the senders to identify themselves and tell why they believe this statement by Dr. Abrahamsen is relevant and why it should be taken seriously.

+Quote Post
awesumtenor
post Jul 18 2006, 07:45 PM
Post #33

5,000 + posts
Group Icon

Group: Charter Member
Member No.: 15

QUOTE(simplysaved @ Jul 17 2006, 04:21 PM) [snapback]139931[/snapback]

I want to add something else...we just had a person baptized at my church this past Sabbath who became a Christian and a SDA through 3ABN....

No, he didnt... even if he thinks he did.

before anything is passed or forwarded anywhere by me related to this letter, I need to hear it from God that this is how it should be handled and Dr. Abrahamsen that he has followed Matthew 18....

Just admit it, Sarah; God Himself could come down from Sinai and say it's all true and you would still think there is not enough "evidence"

In His service,
Mr. J

--------------------
There is no one more dangerous than one who thinks he knows God with a mind that is ignorant - Dr. Lewis Anthony

You’ve got to be real comfortable in your own skin to survive the animosity your strength evokes in people you'd hope would like you. - Dr. Renita Weems

+Quote Post
simplysaved
post Jul 19 2006, 09:53 AM
Post #34

5,000 + posts
Group Icon

Member No.: 830

And you could not be more wrong...again.

QUOTE(awesumtenor @ Jul 18 2006, 07:45 PM) [snapback]140291[/snapback]

No, he didnt... even if he thinks he did.
Just admit it, Sarah; God Himself could come down from Sinai and say it's all true and you would still think there is not enough "evidence"

In His service,
Mr. J

--------------------
"No weapon formed against YOU (Sarah--and every Believer/Servant of God) shall prosper and every tongue that rises against you in judgement you will condemn...."--Isaiah 54:17

+Quote Post
PrincessDrRe
post Jul 19 2006, 10:10 AM
Post #35

PrincessDrRe
Group Icon

Group: Financial Donor
Member No.: 712

QUOTE(Nuggie @ Jul 17 2006, 06:28 AM) [snapback]139848[/snapback]

Even if he does sue wouldn't he run the risk of having all the gory details of this whole sordid mess dragged out into the open where he can be challenged directly? I'm guessing he would have to counter all of the accusations that were brought against him, right? And judging from what I've read in these threads he's not gonna want to have to answer direct questions about what is truth and what is fiction. dunno.gif So even if he can sue, he probably won't want to.

QUOTE(LadyTenor @ Jul 17 2006, 08:18 AM) [snapback]139872[/snapback]

yes.gif

Yes. I agree.

Remember the "wash"..... it will come out in the wash.

As for doing this the "CHRISTianly" way - I do believe Linda being silent all this time (by GAG Order and just being "silent") and even Dr. A not saying anything for so long..... whereas Danny is still talking dirty and smack.

There is no need to continue slinging dirt if you ain't got no dirt yourself...

IOW: sumptin' stankin Danny..... and it's you.

Anyone can believe what they want...but even in a soap opera on TV - it is known. IF someone is ALWAYS kicking dirt - THEY ARE DIRTY. This is not a soap opera - this is real life. Involving real people, real children, and a MINISTRY.

You can have the expressed opinion that it should be left up to GOD - yet if this was the action that was taken here on earth - many a rapist (my own), many a thief, many a murderer would go unpunished on earth and would continue to perp on other naiive people. I don't want to give anyone that I have proof is dirty my hard earned $$$ - others may - but I refuse to do so.

I'm down for the Time for Action! I have already forwarded the letter to approximately 15 SDA Friends....and will continue to do so.....

PDR

--------------------
*"Some folks use their ignorance like a umbrella. It covers everything, they perodically take it out from time to time, but it never is too far away from them."*
PrincessDrRe; March, 2007

~"Blood = Meat, Face = Meat, Internal "Organs" = Meat - you can try to make it cuter; but it's still meat...."~
PrincessDrRe; September, 2007

*(NOTE: Any advice given by Re' Silvey, MSW is not to be taken as medical/mental health advice. Although trained to be a counselor, currently employed as a therapist, and currently pursuing her PhD in Counseling Psychology (ABD/I) - she is not your assigned therapist. Please consult a mental health professional of your choice for a face-to-face consultation.)*

+Quote Post
Hersheys99
post Jul 19 2006, 11:42 AM
Post #36

500 + posts
Group Icon

Member No.: 1,672

I sent the letter from the Dr. & the Televangelist to my mom who is going to give it to my sister after she reads it & makes copy to take back to Ohio with her to the church there.

--------------------
My second favorite household chore is ironing. My first one being -- hitting my head on the top bunk bed until I faint.
-Erma Bombeck-

Inside me lives a skinny woman crying to get out. But I can usually shut her up with cookies.
(Unknown)

+Quote Post
awesumtenor
post Jul 19 2006, 12:24 PM
Post #37

5,000 + posts
Group Icon

Group: Charter Member
Member No.: 15

QUOTE(simplysaved @ Jul 19 2006, 11:53 AM) [snapback]140392[/snapback]

And you could not be more wrong...again.

This from the undisputed, undefeated champion of being wrong... that said... I'm not wrong. 3ABN is incapable of saving anyone; the persons who appear on it it are equally incapable of saving anyone.

Not even themselves. You are welcome to disagree... and you'll be wrong... again.

There is one and only one name given among men whereby ye must be saved... and it aint 3ABN. It doesnt even have a 3, an A, a B or an N in it.

As for your stance on 3ABN, you have consistently pushed the "well if God is using Danny, maybe we should leave things be" stance. Your track record of posting in these threads says so, your willingness to change horses in midstream when you are swimming against the tide notwithstanding.

In His service,
Mr. J

--------------------
There is no one more dangerous than one who thinks he knows God with a mind that is ignorant - Dr. Lewis Anthony

You’ve got to be real comfortable in your own skin to survive the animosity your strength evokes in people you'd hope would like you. - Dr. Renita Weems

+Quote Post
simplysaved
post Jul 19 2006, 01:53 PM
Post #38

5,000 + posts
Group Icon

Wrong again....

My stance has been this is not the most effect way to go about it...as a Christian (no matter how wrong a person is).... One can be 100% right and God will shift things in their favor just because of how the other person handles things.... smile.gif

QUOTE(awesumtenor @ Jul 19 2006, 12:24 PM) [snapback]140425[/snapback]

This from the undisputed, undefeated champion of being wrong... that said... I'm not wrong. 3ABN is incapable of saving anyone; the persons who appear on it it are equally incapable of saving anyone.

Not even themselves. You are welcome to disagree... and you'll be wrong... again.

There is one and only one name given among men whereby ye must be saved... and it aint 3ABN. It doesnt even have a 3, an A, a B or an N in it.

As for your stance on 3ABN, you have consistently pushed the "well if God is using Danny, maybe we should leave things be" stance. Your track record of posting in these threads says so, your willingness to change horses in midstream when you are swimming against the tide notwithstanding.

In His service,
Mr. J

This post has been edited by simplysaved: Jul 19 2006, 01:57 PM

--------------------
"No weapon formed against YOU (Sarah--and every Believer/Servant of God) shall prosper and every tongue that rises against you in judgement you will condemn...."--Isaiah 54:17

+Quote Post
PrincessDrRe
post Jul 19 2006, 02:00 PM
Post #39

PrincessDrRe
Group Icon

So praytell us Simply - how should this be handled?

Should we allow Danny to consistently down-talk the woman until she dies? Then years after her death she be cleared?

Should we allow Danny to sling mud (even going so far as to parade even his sin in pulpits) for the "end good"?

Should we support someone that we know is not living right in the eyes of the LORD?

Should we continue to turn a blind eye when in fact more and more evidence on a daily basis shows that the man is "QUITE DIRTY"?

Last but not least - Didn't JESUS state that one has to follow the laws of the land - (Holy BIBLE, not withstanding; rightful divorce; etc.)? If so - and you know someone ain't right - but you gonna follow him over the ledge anyway?

This is a hot mess - we will throw a 16 year old girl out of the church for adultery - yet we allow a grown man to do it and even pay him while he's doing it.

GOD is not pleased no....

--------------------
*"Some folks use their ignorance like a umbrella. It covers everything, they perodically take it out from time to time, but it never is too far away from them."*

~"Blood = Meat, Face = Meat, Internal "Organs" = Meat - you can try to make it cuter; but it's still meat...."~

*(NOTE: Any advice given by Re' Silvey, MSW is not to be taken as medical/mental health advice. Although trained to be a counselor, currently employed as a therapist, and currently pursuing her PhD in Counseling Psychology (ABD/I) - she is not your assigned therapist. Please consult a mental health professional of your choice for a face-to-face consultation.)*

+Quote Post
simplysaved
post Jul 19 2006, 02:12 PM
Post #40

5,000 + posts
Group Icon

No you tell me....tell if God would go about a character assasination just because you sinned....tell me if God has or has not told us in the Bible how to handle differences/issues with people....tell me if God would have His children so "what comes off as being "overly focused on the demise of a person" ....Danny is and was wrong....but to as a Christian make light of him, Linda or anyone is wrong as well and not Christian....

I thank God that he does not deal with us when we are wrong the way that some of us deal with each other...and think that He is pleased. And if Linda is the woman that people say she is, I cannot believe that as a Christian she would be either---no matter what he may have done. God does not need ANYONE to take down Danny Shelton...and if this was handled differently, it may have already happened by now.....

QUOTE(PrincessDrRe @ Jul 19 2006, 02:00 PM) [snapback]140454[/snapback]

So praytell us Simply - how should this be handled?

Should we allow Danny to consistently down-talk the woman until she dies? Then years after her death she be cleared?

Should we allow Danny to sling mud (even going so far as to parade even his sin in pulpits) for the "end good"?

Should we support someone that we know is not living right in the eyes of the LORD?

Should we continue to turn a blind eye when in fact more and more evidence on a daily basis shows that the man is "QUITE DIRTY"?

Last but not least - Didn't JESUS state that one has to follow the laws of the land - (Holy BIBLE, not withstanding; rightful divorce; etc.)? If so - and you know someone ain't right - but you gonna follow him over the ledge anyway?

This is a hot mess - we will throw a 16 year old girl out of the church for adultery - yet we allow a grown man to do it and even pay him while he's doing it.

GOD is not pleased no....

--------------------

+Quote Post
PrincessDrRe
post Jul 19 2006, 02:31 PM
Post #41

PrincessDrRe
Group Icon

QUOTE(simplysaved @ Jul 19 2006, 03:12 PM) [snapback]140462[/snapback]

No you tell me....tell if God would go about a character assasination just because you sinned....tell me if God has or has not told us in the Bible how to handle differences/issues with people....tell me if God would have His children so "what comes off as being "overly focused on the demise of a person" ....Danny is and was wrong....but to as a Christian make light of him, Linda or anyone is wrong as well and not Christian....

I thank God that he does not deal with us when we are wrong the way that some of us deal with each other...and think that He is pleased. And if Linda is the woman that people say she is, I cannot believe that as a Christian she would be either---no matter what he may have done. God does not need ANYONE to take down Danny Shelton...and if this was handled differently, it may have already happened by now.....

Okay...so it is "character assasination" when one tells the truth? Got it. Now - what is it when someone lies on you?

dunno.gif

Like I said - if this was the 16 year old girl in the church preggers folks would be quick to censure her; but the Pastor, or the "Minister" on TV...no....he doesn't receive the same judgement....

nonono.gif

This is sad on so many levels.......

Saying this - Simply - can you honestly state beyond a shadow of a doubt that you will never sit on a Church Board, Jury, or participate in a trial as a witness? After all - you're only going to let GOD handle it..... If so....then by all means - you can take the same stance. Don't do anything about ANYONE in your church, home, or state that is doing wrong. Enforce no laws or rules. Why? Because you are allowing GOD to handle it. If so, then you can state that the information coming out about Danny (finally!) is wrong and we are wrong for circulating the truth. However if you ever plan on trying to sit on a Church Board and censure someone - you got to be able to understand the censure of those in "higher levels of administration" also.

Now.

If you feel more comfortable "booting" the 16 year old then just say so...... dunno.gif

--------------------

+Quote Post
simplysaved
post Jul 19 2006, 02:36 PM
Post #42

5,000 + posts
Group Icon

I already sit on the Church Board..... spoton.gif

It is how you do what you do that makes it "right" in the eyes of God....but I will use a practical example: If a person has murdered in cold blood someone else, but their Miranda Rights are not read to them, a search is done on their premises without a Search Warrant signed by a judge, their testimony is coerced, or he jury is prejuduced, they can walk off a "free man".....and never be tried for the crime.

QUOTE(PrincessDrRe @ Jul 19 2006, 02:31 PM) [snapback]140467[/snapback]

Okay...so it is "character assasination" when one tells the truth? Got it. Now - what is it when someone lies on you?

dunno.gif

Like I said - if this was the 16 year old girl in the church preggers folks would be quick to censure her; but the Pastor, or the "Minister" on TV...no....he doesn't receive the same judgement....

nonono.gif

This is sad on so many levels.......

Saying this - Simply - can you honestly state beyond a shadow of a doubt that you will never sit on a Church Board, Jury, or participate in a trial as a witness? After all - you're only going to let GOD handle it..... If so....then by all means - you can take the same stance. Don't do anything about ANYONE in your church, home, or state that is doing wrong. Enforce no laws or rules. Why? Because you are allowing GOD to handle it. If so, then you can state that the information coming out about Danny (finally!) is wrong and we are wrong for circulating the truth. However if you ever plan on trying to sit on a Church Board and censure someone - you got to be able to understand the censure of those in "higher levels of administration" also.

Now.

If you feel more comfortable "booting" the 16 year old then just say so...... dunno.gif

--------------------

+Quote Post
Clay
post Jul 19 2006, 02:39 PM
Post #43

5,000 + posts
Group Icon

Group: Administrator
Member No.: 4

Linda has turned both cheeks and has not complained, in fact because of the gag order she cannot complain....

God wants us to love mercy, and to do justly, or do whats right..... Linda has been done an injustice.... what is the corrective?

Some verses from Amos 5..... The Message Translation....

21-24
"I can't stand your religious meetings.
I'm fed up with your conferences and conventions.
I want nothing to do with your religion projects,
your pretentious slogans and goals.
I'm sick of your fund-raising schemes,
your public relations and image making.
I've had all I can take of your noisy ego-music.
When was the last time you sang to me?
Do you know what I want?
I want justice—oceans of it.
I want fairness—rivers of it.
That's what I want. That's all I want.

I can't be certain, but it seems to me God is saying I am tired of your church, your praise teams, your self-centered "worship" when there is injustice and unfairness happening within your midst.... wonder what he would say to us today? Probably the same thing......btjm.....

This post has been edited by Clay: Jul 19 2006, 02:40 PM

--------------------
"you are as sick as your secrets...." -quote from Celebrity Rehab-

+Quote Post
simplysaved
post Jul 19 2006, 02:51 PM
Post #44

5,000 + posts
Group Icon

Steve, God is just as much not pleased when we seek to "murder" or worse those caught like Mary Madalene---set-up. God may have forgiven and moved on...and as unfair as it may seem, there still may not be the "take-down" that some want.....not because it may not be deserved, but because of the way the fight for justice has been done. Scripture is not multiple choice. God is certainly tired of people who forget that you cannot love God if you do not love Danny (1 John 2).

For example:

When Elder McCoy had his troubles at SCC, they could not move him....he voluntarily stepped down on his own time, long after the drama was over, because of the way (IMHO) people tried to take him down....especially with AFHI. Fact.

Also fact, EVERYONE involved in this sad situation has been done an injustice.... sad.gif

QUOTE(Clay @ Jul 19 2006, 02:39 PM) [snapback]140474[/snapback]

Linda has turned both cheeks and has not complained, in fact because of the gag order she cannot complain....

God wants us to love mercy, and to do justly, or do whats right..... Linda has been done an injustice.... what is the corrective?

Some verses from Amos 5..... The Message Translation....

21-24

I can't be certain, but it seems to me God is saying I am tired of your church, your praise teams, your self-centered "worship" when there is injustice and unfairness happening within your midst.... wonder what he would say to us today? Probably the same thing......btjm.....

--------------------

+Quote Post
PrincessDrRe
post Jul 19 2006, 02:58 PM
Post #45

PrincessDrRe
Group Icon

QUOTE(simplysaved @ Jul 19 2006, 03:36 PM) [snapback]140469[/snapback]

I already sit on the Church Board..... spoton.gif

It is how you do what you do that makes it "right" in the eyes of God....but I will use a practical example: If a person has murdered in cold blood someone else, but their Miranda Rights are not read to them, a search is done on their premises without a Search Warrant signed by a judge, their testimony is coerced, or he jury is prejuduced, they can walk off a "free man".....and never be tried for the crime.

Sooo....from this you are saying that since Danny "got away" with it thus far it is okay per the "law"?

As for being on the board..... have you ever censured anybody? Don't answer that - just know that if you have you cannot possibly have this stance with this Danny Shelton mess because it would be hyp-o-critical to want to do this in your church and not want to do this to leaders who you have representing you.

16 year old women, bad boys move ovah - the SDA's are after you ...... however if you are a leader have a field day! You will be blindly supported to the end.....

nono.gif

--------------------

+Quote Post

11 Pages V  < 1 2 3 4 5 > » 
Reply to this topicStart new topic
1 User(s) are reading this topic (1 Guests and 0 Anonymous Users)
0 Members:

Lo-Fi Version Time is now: 23rd March 2008 - 03:57 PM
Design by: Download IPB Skins & eBusiness
BlackSDA has no official affiliation or endorsement from the Seventh-day Adventist church