Archive of http://www.blacksda.com/forums/index.php?showtopic=9894&st=45 preserved for the defense in 3ABN and Danny Shelton v. Joy and Pickle.
Links altered to maintain their integrity and aid in navigation, but content otherwise unchanged.
Saved at 04:57:08 PM on March 23, 2008.
IPB

Welcome Guest ( Log In | Register )

11 Pages V  « < 2 3 4 5 6 > »   
Reply to this topicStart new topic
> A Time For Action
princessdi
post Jul 19 2006, 03:07 PM
Post #46

5,000 + posts
Group Icon

Group: Administrator
Member No.: 47

QUOTE(simplysaved @ Jul 19 2006, 12:51 PM) [snapback]140479[/snapback]

Steve, God is just as much not pleased when we seek to "murder" or worse those caught like Mary Madalene---set-up. God may have forgiven and moved on...and as unfair as it may seem, there still may not be the "take-down" that some want.....not because it may not be deserved, but because of the way the fight for justice has been done. Scripture is not multiple choice. God is certainly tired of people who forget that you cannot love God if you do not love Danny (1 John 2).

For example:

When Elder McCoy had his troubles at SCC, they could not move him....he voluntarily stepped down on his own time, long after the drama was over, because of the way (IMHO) people tried to take him down....especially with AFHI. Fact.

Move Him? How about disciplinary action? Take him down? How about hold him resonsible for his actions? Truly an intersting spin on this situation, but it does explain your take on the one currently being discussed, except................

Also fact, EVERYONE involved in this sad situation has been done an injustice.... sad.gif

.......please explain how injustice was or is being done to Danny?

This post has been edited by princessdi: Jul 19 2006, 03:09 PM

--------------------
TTFN
Di

And we know that all things work together for good to them that love God, to them who are the called according to his purpose---Romans 8:28

A great many people believe they are thinking when they are merely rearranging their prejudices.-- William James

It is better to be silent and be thought a fool, than to speak and remove all doubt.- Mark Twain
Go to the top of the page

+Quote Post
simplysaved
post Jul 19 2006, 03:19 PM
Post #47

5,000 + posts
Group Icon

Group: Members
Member No.: 830

I will answer anyway...no I have not; as a matter of fact, there is a specific situation (presently) that God has said, I will handle this situation on my own time another way. It has been left alone.

When a woman is in a physically abusive relationship only she can press charges...Since the Gag Order will be up soon (as I understand--I may be wrong here), see what Linda is gonna do....and say. In the end, that is going to make the real difference anyway.

QUOTE(PrincessDrRe @ Jul 19 2006, 02:58 PM) [snapback]140481[/snapback]

Sooo....from this you are saying that since Danny "got away" with it thus far it is okay per the "law"?

As for being on the board..... have you ever censured anybody? Don't answer that - just know that if you have you cannot possibly have this stance with this Danny Shelton mess because it would be hyp-o-critical to want to do this in your church and not want to do this to leaders who you have representing you.

16 year old women, bad boys move ovah - the SDA's are after you ...... however if you are a leader have a field day! You will be blindly supported to the end.....

nono.gif

--------------------
"No weapon formed against YOU (Sarah--and every Believer/Servant of God) shall prosper and every tongue that rises against you in judgement you will condemn...."--Isaiah 54:17

+Quote Post
Clay
post Jul 19 2006, 03:21 PM
Post #48

5,000 + posts
Group Icon

Member No.: 4

QUOTE(simplysaved @ Jul 19 2006, 03:51 PM) [snapback]140479[/snapback]

For example:

When Elder McCoy had his troubles at SCC, they could not move him....he voluntarily stepped down on his own time, long after the drama was over, because of the way (IMHO) people tried to take him down....especially with AFHI. Fact.

Also fact, EVERYONE involved in this sad situation has been done an injustice.... sad.gif

as the info got out about McCoy he had to face the music which limited his effectiveness to lead... he could have been removed had the conference's by-laws been like other conferences giving more power to the conference committee and the laity than the president..... interesting spin, but it does not reflect what was happening in my part of the conference......

--------------------
"you are as sick as your secrets...." -quote from Celebrity Rehab-

+Quote Post
simplysaved
post Jul 19 2006, 03:32 PM
Post #49

5,000 + posts
Group Icon

...and 3ABN does not "adequately represent me"... giggle.gif rofl1.gif roflmao.gif

But they still followed him (in leadership)...and he addressed some concerns with staff as needed....he had 10 months to go before his time would have been up...10 months....and God let him decide when he wanted to leave (as they tried to talk him into staying until the term was up--fact).

Those involved with AFHI received a (and correct me if I am mistaken) court order to dissolve the web-site, people were told that they would be sued for libel (even though enough truth was presented) and damages in the millions, and a permanent gag order was placed on those from addressing it (including information on other individuals listed).

QUOTE(Clay @ Jul 19 2006, 03:21 PM) [snapback]140497[/snapback]

as the info got out about McCoy he had to face the music which limited his effectiveness to lead... he could have been removed had the conference's by-laws been like other conferences giving more power to the conference committee and the laity than the president..... interesting spin, but it does not reflect what was happening in my part of the conference......

This post has been edited by simplysaved: Jul 19 2006, 03:34 PM

--------------------
"No weapon formed against YOU (Sarah--and every Believer/Servant of God) shall prosper and every tongue that rises against you in judgement you will condemn...."--Isaiah 54:17

+Quote Post
princessdi
post Jul 19 2006, 03:38 PM
Post #50

5,000 + posts
Group Icon

Member No.: 47

Correct me if I am worng, but wasn't there some kind of meeting to ask him to step down? I truly might be confused, but I dont' remember the meeting being about supporting him.

QUOTE(simplysaved @ Jul 19 2006, 01:32 PM) [snapback]140502[/snapback]

...and 3ABN does not "adequately represent me"... giggle.gif rofl1.gif roflmao.gif

But they still followed him (in leadership)...and he addressed some concerns with staff as needed....he had 10 months to go before his time would have been up...10 months....and God let him decide when he wanted to leave (as they tried to talk him into staying until the term was up--fact).
Those involved with AFHI received a (and correct me if I am mistaken) court order to dissolve the web-site, people were told that they would be sued for libel (even though enough truth was presented) and damages in the millions, and a permanent gag order was placed on those from addressing it (including information on other individuals listed).

--------------------
TTFN
Di

And we know that all things work together for good to them that love God, to them who are the called according to his purpose---Romans 8:28

A great many people believe they are thinking when they are merely rearranging their prejudices.-- William James

It is better to be silent and be thought a fool, than to speak and remove all doubt.- Mark Twain

+Quote Post
Clay
post Jul 19 2006, 03:50 PM
Post #51

5,000 + posts
Group Icon

QUOTE(simplysaved @ Jul 19 2006, 04:32 PM) [snapback]140502[/snapback]

ummmm Sarah, AFHI was dishing out rumor innuendo and slander not regarding McCoy but other ministers i.e. Stafford, and Lister to name two.... when they went there they were shut down... had they stayed only with the stuff on McCoy they would have been fine....

have the last word since you aren't gonna be wrong on this issue, but like I said, the activities in my part of the conference were not pro-McCoy and info was circulating that limited his effectiveness... In Huntsville one church was not sending its tithe to the conference and a couple of others were threatening to do the same....

--------------------

+Quote Post
Chez
post Jul 19 2006, 03:51 PM
Post #52

Advanced Member

Member No.: 1,417

QUOTE(simplysaved @ Jul 19 2006, 03:32 PM) [snapback]140502[/snapback]

...and 3ABN does not "suffieciently represent me"... giggle.gif rofl1.gif roflmao.gif

Are we to stand by and do nothing? God is not ony a God of patience, but he is also a God of action. Maybe God has told you to "stand still" and to others to "move". The Word of God marches on. Often when we are silent to known abuses and miscarriages of justice, we can become part of the problem and unwittingly (or unintentionally) affirm such negative behavior. A Time for Action is gavalnizing us to move in the right direction. [Thank you Calvin.] We are part of a movement. When a member or members of the Movement conduct themselves in a way that is in contradiction to word of God or hurt by the actions or inactions of others, we are all affected. Gag orders are not as important as "God Orders"! We are going to march to God's Orders. If God tells us not to march, then don't march. If God says to march/move, we've got to go forward. We must stand and speak for truth. We've become so politically correct and passive that we often (unintentionally) can be spiritually dumbfounded and wimpish.

This is not (in my opinion) an assassination of Danny's character. He has done that himself. However, Danny has intentionally tried to bring down Linda, but Linda has been "like a tree planted by the water"; she "has not been moved"! It is time. God has told me to get moving and "being about my Father's business." He has told me to stand and speak for truth. Error has prevailed too long. We can no longer support this foolishness.

+Quote Post
simplysaved
post Jul 19 2006, 04:01 PM
Post #53

5,000 + posts
Group Icon

It is my understanding he was asked by several members of the conference commitee to serve the rest of his term...after he was not removed from office.

QUOTE(princessdi @ Jul 19 2006, 03:38 PM) [snapback]140503[/snapback]

Correct me if I am worng, but wasn't there some kind of meeting to ask him to step down? I truly might be confused, but I dont' remember the meeting being about supporting him.

See this is the problem: no one--at least I have not said "stand still and do nothing"...what I have said and will continue to say is having an inquisition much like the Pharisees did with Mary Magadalene will accomplish you little and does not represent Christ at all....just because one may not agree with your tactis does not mean it is or is not true. Implementing justice in a vengengeful manner is still sin according to scripture....

QUOTE(Chez @ Jul 19 2006, 03:51 PM) [snapback]140508[/snapback]

Are we to stand by and do nothing? God is not ony a God of patience, but he is also a God of action. Maybe God has told you to "stand still" and to others to "move". The Word of God marches on. Often when we are silent to known abuses and miscarriages of justice, we can become part of the problem and unwittingly (or unintentionally) affirm such negative behavior. A Time for Action is gavalnizing us to move in the right direction. [Thank you Calvin.] We are part of a movement. When a member or members of the Movement conduct themselves in a way that is in contradiction to word of God or hurt by the actions or inactions of others, we are all affected. Gag orders are not as important as "God Orders"! We are going to march to God's Orders. If God tells us not to march, then don't march. If God says to march/move, we've got to go forward. We must stand and speak for truth. We've become so politically correct and passive that we often (unintentionally) can be spiritually dumbfounded and wimpish.

This is not (in my opinion) an assassination of Danny's character. He has done that himself. However, Danny has intentionally tried to bring down Linda, but Linda has been "like a tree planted by the water"; she "has not been moved"! It is time. God has told me to get moving and "being about my Father's business." He has told me to stand and speak for truth. Error has prevailed too long. We can no longer support this foolishness.

--------------------

+Quote Post
Clay
post Jul 19 2006, 04:02 PM
Post #54

5,000 + posts
Group Icon

QUOTE(simplysaved @ Jul 19 2006, 04:57 PM) [snapback]140510[/snapback]

It is my understanding he was asked by several members of the conference commitee to serve the rest of his term...after he was not removed from office.

a committee comprised of mostly pastors (that he hired) as opposed to laity.... so what pastor is going to ask a prez to step down knowing that if he doesn't he could make it difficult for them? sheesh.... sarah you know how the game is played.... don't you?

--------------------

+Quote Post
simplysaved
post Jul 19 2006, 04:05 PM
Post #55

5,000 + posts
Group Icon

But, I also know that there were many, many people--layman that did support this....and yes I am well familiar with the past board make-up....

QUOTE(Clay @ Jul 19 2006, 05:02 PM) [snapback]140511[/snapback]

a committee comprised of mostly pastors (that he hired) as opposed to laity.... so what pastor is going to ask a prez to step down knowing that if he doesn't he could make it difficult for them? sheesh.... sarah you know how the game is played.... don't you?

--------------------

+Quote Post
Clay
post Jul 19 2006, 04:06 PM
Post #56

5,000 + posts
Group Icon

QUOTE(simplysaved @ Jul 19 2006, 05:01 PM) [snapback]140510[/snapback]

Implementing justice in a vengengeful manner is still sin according to scripture....

who is being vengeful? who is implementing justice? people are sharing information that is verifiably true....

QUOTE(simplysaved @ Jul 19 2006, 05:05 PM) [snapback]140512[/snapback]

But, I also know that there were many, many people--layman that did support this....and yes I am well familiar with the past board make-up....

and i know many, many laypeople who did not.... and if you are aware of the past board make-up then you realize that it was a conflict of interest for them to even be involved given their relationship to McCoy.....

This post has been edited by Clay: Jul 19 2006, 04:13 PM

--------------------

+Quote Post
PrincessDrRe
post Jul 19 2006, 05:25 PM
Post #57

PrincessDrRe
Group Icon

Group: Financial Donor
Member No.: 712

Don't do nothing; do something; "let GOD handle it"; "when the GAG order is up Linda will talk....."

Which one is it Simply?

...and if you are on the Church board (yet have not censured anyone yet) you know that eventually - you will have to censure someone. Will you step down and not partake of that part of your board duty?

dunno.gif

If not...again - this is being hyp-o-critical.....

--------------------
*"Some folks use their ignorance like a umbrella. It covers everything, they perodically take it out from time to time, but it never is too far away from them."*
PrincessDrRe; March, 2007

~"Blood = Meat, Face = Meat, Internal "Organs" = Meat - you can try to make it cuter; but it's still meat...."~
PrincessDrRe; September, 2007

*(NOTE: Any advice given by Re' Silvey, MSW is not to be taken as medical/mental health advice. Although trained to be a counselor, currently employed as a therapist, and currently pursuing her PhD in Counseling Psychology (ABD/I) - she is not your assigned therapist. Please consult a mental health professional of your choice for a face-to-face consultation.)*

+Quote Post
Clay
post Jul 19 2006, 05:47 PM
Post #58

5,000 + posts
Group Icon

the point is God may very well be impressing some to take action.... and hopefully they are listening to his voice and will do his will....

--------------------

+Quote Post
sister
post Jul 19 2006, 06:28 PM
Post #59

500 + posts
Group Icon

Member No.: 762

I just sent the following email to the Pastor of the Santa Barbara SDA Church. Danny Shelton and 3ABN will be broadcasting a rally live from there on Sabbath, July 29.

Services:
9:30 AM Sabbath School Leonard Westphal
10:45 AM Worhip Service Danny Shelton
2:00 PM 3ABN Cable Rally Danny Shelton, C. A. Murray

If any of you live in the area this might be an opportunity to talk face to face with Danny Shelton and ask him some questions. The address of the church is:

Santa Barbara Seventh-day Adventist Church
425 Arroyo Road
Santa Barbara, CA 93110

My email:

churchpastor@knowjesusfully.com

Dear Pastor Pete Geli,

I see that you are having a 3ABN Rally at your church on Sabbath, July 29. I would suggest that you do some research at http://www.blacksda.com before the meeting. There is a section in the forum for information about 3ABN, it could be of great interest for you, your church board and your members. Included are a number of articles I have written about the history of 3ABN. I am sure that you will find it quite interesting.

Sister

+Quote Post
Hersheys99
post Jul 19 2006, 07:23 PM
Post #60

500 + posts
Group Icon

Group: Financial Donor
Member No.: 1,672

clapping.gif Good job sister!

--------------------
My second favorite household chore is ironing. My first one being -- hitting my head on the top bunk bed until I faint.
-Erma Bombeck-

Inside me lives a skinny woman crying to get out. But I can usually shut her up with cookies.
(Unknown)

+Quote Post

11 Pages V  « < 2 3 4 5 6 > » 
Reply to this topicStart new topic
1 User(s) are reading this topic (1 Guests and 0 Anonymous Users)
0 Members:

Lo-Fi Version Time is now: 23rd March 2008 - 03:57 PM
Design by: Download IPB Skins & eBusiness
BlackSDA has no official affiliation or endorsement from the Seventh-day Adventist church