Archive of http://www.blacksda.com/forums/index.php?showtopic=9894&st=60 preserved for the defense in 3ABN and Danny Shelton v. Joy and Pickle.
Links altered to maintain their integrity and aid in navigation, but content otherwise unchanged.
Saved at 04:57:10 PM on March 23, 2008.
IPB

Welcome Guest ( Log In | Register )

11 Pages V  « < 3 4 5 6 7 > »   
Reply to this topicStart new topic
> A Time For Action
Nuggie
post Jul 19 2006, 07:42 PM
Post #61

1,000 + posts
Group Icon

Group: Members
Member No.: 984

QUOTE(Clay @ Jul 19 2006, 05:47 PM) [snapback]140532[/snapback]

the point is God may very well be impressing some to take action.... and hopefully they are listening to his voice and will do his will....

I grew up in the underbelly of this church with both parents employed by the church and I've seen a lot of mess go down. I firmly believe that if more members would rise up and hold our leaders accountable (from pastors right on up to the GC president) we wouldn't have half this drama. The church belongs to the members, and by extension all of the ministries that our tithe and offerings support. We have a RIGHT and an OBLIGATION to question, demand answers, agitate for change, and put our money where our mouth is. With information comes responsibility.

--------------------
Great minds discuss ideas; average minds discuss events; small minds discuss people.
Go to the top of the page

+Quote Post
PaperTigers
post Jul 19 2006, 07:56 PM
Post #62

Advanced Member

Member No.: 1,689

QUOTE(Nuggie @ Jul 19 2006, 08:42 PM) [snapback]140549[/snapback]

I grew up in the underbelly of this church with both parents employed by the church and I've seen a lot of mess go down. I firmly believe that if more members would rise up and hold our leaders accountable (from pastors right on up to the GC president) we wouldn't have half this drama. The church belongs to the members, and by extension all of the ministries that our tithe and offerings support. We have a RIGHT and an OBLIGATION to question, demand answers, agitate for change, and put our money where our mouth is. With information comes responsibility.

I strongly agree with you Nuggie!!
spoton.gif

Sister, I am glad you sent the e-mail. Hopefully some of the members and even the pastor will take you up on the offer to come check things out for themselves!!
clap.gif clapping.gif

--------------------
~ Sometimes the hardest thing to do is the RIGHT thing!

~ Work like you don't need the money, love like you've never been hurt and dance like you would if no one was watching!
IPB Image

+Quote Post
Clay
post Jul 19 2006, 08:07 PM
Post #63

5,000 + posts
Group Icon

Group: Administrator
Member No.: 4

yanno.... spoton.gif I was thinking about the stories I heard when I was in my teens and early adulthood about all those pastors who were moved from church to church to church for either stealing, or affairs, or molesting young girls.... what did the folks do, pray and hope something would happen... well something did happen.... so how many girls were sacrificed because no one said anything, or how many churches lost money because no one stood up and said stop this madness?

--------------------
"you are as sick as your secrets...." -quote from Celebrity Rehab-

+Quote Post
seeshell
post Jul 19 2006, 08:14 PM
Post #64

1,000 + posts
Group Icon

Member No.: 1,679

Don't want to veer offtopic.gif but could someone quickly tell me who is Teresa Shelton? I'm just curious because I saw her name on the lineup in today's programming on 3ABN. Now see what y'all have done? I have been viewing 3ABN online, which I don't normally do.

--------------------
Shelley

"It's not the size of the dog in the fight, it's the size of the fight in the dog." Mark Twain

"It is not my first object in life to make people like me." Elizabeth Prentiss

"Níor dhún Dia doras riamh nar oscail Sé ceann eile."

+Quote Post
simplysaved
post Jul 19 2006, 08:16 PM
Post #65

5,000 + posts
Group Icon

Member No.: 830

We do...we should...and need to...and then go about addressing it in a way that Christ would have us to.... why does it have to be either or?

--------------------
"No weapon formed against YOU (Sarah--and every Believer/Servant of God) shall prosper and every tongue that rises against you in judgement you will condemn...."--Isaiah 54:17

+Quote Post
no_cults
post Jul 19 2006, 09:17 PM
Post #66

Advanced Member

Member No.: 1,322

I too have been a member for over 50 years. Have seen many
scandels and other wrong doings. Davenport, David Dennis, Folkenberg.
The list is a long one. There is a forum where ordinary members/constituents
can get involved. Not sure of the exact website, but it's called MCA - Members
for Church accountability. This is something that is needed, but without wide
spread support, leaders will pay no mind.

There are many good suggestions there that could go a long way to elim.
some of the traps that man invariably falls into.

Personally, I would like to see no professional workers serve at say the top
two levels at the conference level for more than 2 x 2 yr terms (totla of 4)
This would include the president and the secretery. Power will breed corruption
every single time it seems. When a leader serves too long, there are too
many people who "owe" him and that is the problem. Things get too political.
I would like to see the same rules for the Union and Division and on up. Just
the top 2 or 3 positions mind you. I don't think I would apply this to
positions of Treasurer, on down. Maybe I'm right, and maybe I'm wrong,
but this the way I see it.

+Quote Post
PaperTigers
post Jul 19 2006, 09:27 PM
Post #67

Advanced Member

Member No.: 1,689

QUOTE(seeshell @ Jul 19 2006, 10:14 PM) [snapback]140553[/snapback]

Don't want to veer offtopic.gif but could someone quickly tell me who is Teresa Shelton? I'm just curious because I saw her name on the lineup in today's programming on 3ABN. Now see what y'all have done? I have been viewing 3ABN online, which I don't normally do.

Teresa Shelton is Ronnie's wife

--------------------
~ Sometimes the hardest thing to do is the RIGHT thing!

~ Work like you don't need the money, love like you've never been hurt and dance like you would if no one was watching!
IPB Image

+Quote Post
Nuggie
post Jul 19 2006, 09:38 PM
Post #68

1,000 + posts
Group Icon

Member No.: 984

QUOTE(Clay @ Jul 19 2006, 09:07 PM) [snapback]140552[/snapback]

yanno.... spoton.gif I was thinking about the stories I heard when I was in my teens and early adulthood about all those pastors who were moved from church to church to church for either stealing, or affairs, or molesting young girls.... what did the folks do, pray and hope something would happen... well something did happen.... so how many girls were sacrificed because no one said anything, or how many churches lost money because no one stood up and said stop this madness?

Exactly! We bury our heads in the sand and then act shocked when certain exposed parts of our anatomy get shot at doh.gif !

--------------------
Great minds discuss ideas; average minds discuss events; small minds discuss people.

+Quote Post
inga
post Jul 19 2006, 10:25 PM
Post #69

500 + posts
Group Icon

Member No.: 577

QUOTE(simplysaved @ Jul 19 2006, 03:12 PM) [snapback]140462[/snapback]

No you tell me....tell if God would go about a character assasination just because you sinned....

H'mm... Would you call it "character assassination" to call someone a hypocrite, saying they bind heavy burdens on others that they would not lift a finger to carry themselves?

Would you call it "character assassination" to say that someone perverted the law of God and robbed widows?

Would you call it "character assassination" to call people snakes and vipers?

Jesus said all these things to the scribes and Pharisees, and my thought is that if He were to walk on to the 3ABN compound the way He walked in Palestine, He would say those very things again -- to Danny.

Indeed, Danny lays "heavy burdens" on others -- burdens of sacrificing for "the ministry" while he spares no expense on himself.

Indeed, Danny has robbed widows and others in various ways.

And he's done much more for which he needs to be held accountable.

It's not love that allows a person to go on to destruction in a state of self-deception.

Only God knows whether or not Danny still hears a faint version of the "still small voice." If he does, helping him to see himself as others see him is a kindness. If he doesn't, he needs to be unmasked to prevent his exercising his destructive power over more folks than he already has ...

+Quote Post
LadyTenor
post Jul 20 2006, 12:14 AM
Post #70

1,000 + posts
Group Icon

Group: Charter Member
Member No.: 51

QUOTE(simplysaved @ Jul 19 2006, 03:36 PM) [snapback]140469[/snapback]

It is how you do what you do that makes it "right" in the eyes of God....but I will use a practical example: If a person has murdered in cold blood someone else, but their Miranda Rights are not read to them, a search is done on their premises without a Search Warrant signed by a judge, their testimony is coerced, or he jury is prejuduced, they can walk off a "free man".....and never be tried for the crime.

And what does a violation of one's civil rights have anything to do with Danny Shelton and the saga at 3ABN?? Your comments about Miranda rights, while accurate, are irrelevant...

QUOTE(simplysaved @ Jul 19 2006, 05:01 PM) [snapback]140510[/snapback]

Implementing justice in a vengengeful manner is still sin according to scripture....

Please provide me with some evidence that the justice that is being sought is "vengeful"......

QUOTE(Nuggie @ Jul 19 2006, 10:38 PM) [snapback]140567[/snapback]

Exactly! We bury our heads in the sand and then act shocked when certain exposed parts of our anatomy get shot at doh.gif !

rofl1.gif

--------------------
Visit my blog--"Musings of a Black Scrapbooker"
Talia's MySpace Page

He who has My commandments and keeps them, he it is who loves Me. And he who loves Me shall be loved by My Father, and I will love him and will reveal Myself to him."
--John 14:21

Any comments on blacksda.com made by Talia A. Dickson, J.D. with respect to the law are purely academic in nature and should NOT be construed as legal advice. Mrs. Dickson is not yet authorized to practice law in any jurisdiction. Should you need legal advice for a specific issue, you are encouraged to seek out the advice of an attorney of your own choosing.

+Quote Post
beartrap
post Jul 20 2006, 01:24 AM
Post #71

500 + posts
Group Icon

Member No.: 1,659

QUOTE(simplysaved @ Jul 19 2006, 03:12 PM) [snapback]140462[/snapback]

[color=#993399]No you tell me....tell if God would go about a character assasination just because you sinned....

"Nothing emboldens sin so much as mercy." William Shakespeare

There are so many Adventists coming out of the woodworks right now who not only insist on walking past the injured soul, but throwing rocks at the Samaritans, cursing them, and telling them how ungodly they are for trying to help. It is astounding how little backbone people will show when it comes to standing up for right, and calling evil by its name. Oh, they love to stand up for the Sabbath, the State of the Dead, and End time Event prophecies, yet refuse to take a stand when REAL evil stares them in the face and backs them down.

This post has been edited by beartrap: Jul 20 2006, 01:24 AM

+Quote Post
awesumtenor
post Jul 20 2006, 07:36 AM
Post #72

5,000 + posts
Group Icon

Member No.: 15

QUOTE(simplysaved @ Jul 19 2006, 06:01 PM) [snapback]140510[/snapback]

what I have said and will continue to say is having an inquisition much like the Pharisees did with Mary Magadalene will accomplish you little and does not represent Christ at all

The pharisees had no inquisition with Mary Magdalene... I guess next you'll be saying Noah fought pirates while on the ark...

In His service,
Mr. J

--------------------
There is no one more dangerous than one who thinks he knows God with a mind that is ignorant - Dr. Lewis Anthony

You’ve got to be real comfortable in your own skin to survive the animosity your strength evokes in people you'd hope would like you. - Dr. Renita Weems

+Quote Post
awesumtenor
post Jul 20 2006, 07:48 AM
Post #73

5,000 + posts
Group Icon

Member No.: 15

QUOTE(simplysaved @ Jul 19 2006, 04:12 PM) [snapback]140462[/snapback]

No you tell me....tell if God would go about a character assasination just because you sinned....tell me if God has or has not told us in the Bible how to handle differences/issues with people....tell me if God would have His children so "what comes off as being "overly focused on the demise of a person" ....Danny is and was wrong....but to as a Christian make light of him, Linda or anyone is wrong as well and not Christian....

I thank God that he does not deal with us when we are wrong the way that some of us deal with each other...and think that He is pleased. And if Linda is the woman that people say she is, I cannot believe that as a Christian she would be either---no matter what he may have done. God does not need ANYONE to take down Danny Shelton...and if this was handled differently, it may have already happened by now.....

You arent concerned about character assassination when you take it upon yourself to 'warn' new forum members about other members they've not even spoken to yet... are those people too unimportant to get your selective indulgence?

You, based on your actions in this forum, should be the last one pointing fingers about character assassination... you are hardly without sin in that regard... so drop the rock.

In His service,
Mr. J

--------------------
There is no one more dangerous than one who thinks he knows God with a mind that is ignorant - Dr. Lewis Anthony

You’ve got to be real comfortable in your own skin to survive the animosity your strength evokes in people you'd hope would like you. - Dr. Renita Weems

+Quote Post
PrincessDrRe
post Jul 20 2006, 09:47 AM
Post #74

PrincessDrRe
Group Icon

Group: Financial Donor
Member No.: 712

QUOTE(Nuggie @ Jul 19 2006, 11:38 PM) [snapback]140567[/snapback]

Dead on.

I was diggin up an article that I had previously wrote for two newspapers/newsletters at my respective universities. Unfortunately I couldn't find it.... Actually the thoughts of that article were made point blank by Bro J in the ^^^ post.

...but I do know this....and will continue to repeat it.... this is not just directed at Simply - who has stated that this should be handle "by GOD" - but to anyone who feels that the (now) exposure of Danny Shelton is wrong.....

You cannot RIGHTFULLY sit on ANY board and censure ANYONE if you fail to take action against this man.

--------------------
*"Some folks use their ignorance like a umbrella. It covers everything, they perodically take it out from time to time, but it never is too far away from them."*
PrincessDrRe; March, 2007

~"Blood = Meat, Face = Meat, Internal "Organs" = Meat - you can try to make it cuter; but it's still meat...."~
PrincessDrRe; September, 2007

*(NOTE: Any advice given by Re' Silvey, MSW is not to be taken as medical/mental health advice. Although trained to be a counselor, currently employed as a therapist, and currently pursuing her PhD in Counseling Psychology (ABD/I) - she is not your assigned therapist. Please consult a mental health professional of your choice for a face-to-face consultation.)*

+Quote Post
simplysaved
post Jul 20 2006, 10:27 AM
Post #75

5,000 + posts
Group Icon

Member No.: 830

rofl1.gif rofl1.gif roflmao.gif

QUOTE(awesumtenor @ Jul 20 2006, 07:48 AM) [snapback]140663[/snapback]

You arent concerned about character assassination when you take it upon yourself to 'warn' new forum members about other members they've not even spoken to yet... are those people too unimportant to get your selective indulgence?

You, based on your actions in this forum, should be the last one pointing fingers about character assassination... you are hardly without sin in that regard... so drop the rock.

In His service,
Mr. J

--------------------
"No weapon formed against YOU (Sarah--and every Believer/Servant of God) shall prosper and every tongue that rises against you in judgement you will condemn...."--Isaiah 54:17

+Quote Post

11 Pages V  « < 3 4 5 6 7 > » 
Reply to this topicStart new topic
1 User(s) are reading this topic (1 Guests and 0 Anonymous Users)
0 Members:

Lo-Fi Version Time is now: 23rd March 2008 - 03:57 PM
Design by: Download IPB Skins & eBusiness
BlackSDA has no official affiliation or endorsement from the Seventh-day Adventist church