Archive of http://www.blacksda.com/forums/index.php?showtopic=10074&st=45 preserved for the defense in 3ABN and Danny Shelton v. Joy and Pickle.
Links altered to maintain their integrity and aid in navigation, but content otherwise unchanged.
Saved at 03:05:22 PM on March 23, 2008.
IPB

Welcome Guest ( Log In | Register )

8 Pages V  « < 2 3 4 5 6 > »   
Reply to this topicStart new topic
> Thompson Responds To Abrahamsen...., borrowed from Maritime
Clay
post Jul 29 2006, 08:47 AM
Post #46

5,000 + posts
Group Icon

Group: Administrator
Member No.: 4

QUOTE(lurker @ Jul 29 2006, 07:11 AM) [snapback]142329[/snapback]

This whole thing reminds me of something that happened to me back in the 50's. First of all, I am a woman in spite of the name lurker. I worked in a hospital and had accidently left the wrist of a rubber glove in my uniform pocket. We reused them for rubber bands. They are those gloves that feel like condom material. My husband felt it in my pocket and thought he had found something untill he saw how huge it was and did his eyes ever bug out. In spite of his unreasonable jealousy I had to laugh about that one. Linda, if you read this, I know its not funny but only someone who has been there can appreciate that you've gotta laugh or cry. biggrin.gif

ummm that could give a guy an inferiority complex.... almost immediately..... rofl1.gif

--------------------
"you are as sick as your secrets...." -quote from Celebrity Rehab-
Go to the top of the page

+Quote Post
PrincessDrRe
post Jul 29 2006, 01:02 PM
Post #47

PrincessDrRe
Group Icon

Group: Financial Donor
Member No.: 712

QUOTE(Clay @ Jul 28 2006, 09:57 AM) [snapback]142179[/snapback]

People do stupid things all the time, so this does not surprise me.... as for your other idea that if you were innocent you would not do anything to fuel your spouse's suspicions.....well.... being the heathen that I am, I would just for the fun of it.... btjm.....

He (H) - You cheatin' on my gurl?

She (S) - No baby - you know I ain't cheatin on you....

H - Yeah, I think you are cheatin on me. Where you been all day?

S - I've been at work. I work from 8 am to 5pm...and It's only 5:06pm now....

H - What you been doing since 5pm?

S - You know what....I'mma admit it. I was cheatin' for 1 minutes. Although it takes me 5 minutes to get home, we did it in one minute, I sped home and yes. I'm cheatin on you.

H - I knew it!

S - You stupid!

H - I knew it. Guess what? I've been cheatin on you too?

S - I been known you were cheatin on me.....I just haven't been cheatin on you....

H - You jes admitted it!

S - Dummy! Can you add up time....only one person in the world can do something in one minute ....you.

H - Ohhhhh. Now you're jes being mean....

S - No! I'm being truthful....I wasn't cheating on you...but you jes proved my Momma right. You only go about repeatedly accusing when you know you're dirty yourself....

H - Huh?

S - Nevermind....I gotta go pack a bag...

H - Where you going?

S - Duh! Where are you going.....

dunno.gif

This post has been edited by PrincessDrRe: Jul 29 2006, 01:05 PM

--------------------
*"Some folks use their ignorance like a umbrella. It covers everything, they perodically take it out from time to time, but it never is too far away from them."*
PrincessDrRe; March, 2007

~"Blood = Meat, Face = Meat, Internal "Organs" = Meat - you can try to make it cuter; but it's still meat...."~
PrincessDrRe; September, 2007

*(NOTE: Any advice given by Re' Silvey, MSW is not to be taken as medical/mental health advice. Although trained to be a counselor, currently employed as a therapist, and currently pursuing her PhD in Counseling Psychology (ABD/I) - she is not your assigned therapist. Please consult a mental health professional of your choice for a face-to-face consultation.)*

+Quote Post
Hersheys99
post Jul 29 2006, 04:43 PM
Post #48

500 + posts
Group Icon

Group: Financial Donor
Member No.: 1,672

Good one Re!! roflmao.gif

--------------------
My second favorite household chore is ironing. My first one being -- hitting my head on the top bunk bed until I faint.
-Erma Bombeck-

Inside me lives a skinny woman crying to get out. But I can usually shut her up with cookies.
(Unknown)

+Quote Post
Just a Guy
post Jul 29 2006, 09:22 PM
Post #49

Advanced Member

Group: Members
Member No.: 176

Did I misinterpret the Thompson letter or is he really comparing Linda to Lucifer?

+Quote Post
Panama_Pete
post Jul 29 2006, 09:33 PM
Post #50

500 + posts
Group Icon

Member No.: 522

QUOTE(Just a Guy @ Jul 29 2006, 09:22 PM) [snapback]142401[/snapback]

Did I misinterpret the Thompson letter or is he really comparing Linda to Lucifer?

" God lost one of his closest companionswhen Lucifer went astray. More than that, myriads more angels left with him when he left heaven. Talk about grief or emotional pain. Experiences such as this with Linda, I think, help us to understand the pain of loss, and the reality of the
war between God and Satan.

" More than that, myriads more angels left with him when he left heaven. "

Who do you think the evil angels who left with Lucifer are supposed to be? roflmao.gif

(You have three guesses, the first two don't count. )

+Quote Post
tall73
post Jul 30 2006, 10:05 PM
Post #51

Member No.: 1,732

I don't post a lot here, but have been reading through the letters. I have a lot of folks in my churches who support 3ABN and it is on both of our local cable networks. So the fall-out here if there is a scandal would be quite large.

I have seen a fair amount in favor of Linda so far. But I am having a hard time with this practical joke reasoning. If he is really controlling and abusive I have trouble believing she would bring on his wrath, especially when the picture painted so far is that she just went along with him on everything else.

It is just one point of evidence. But I agree that some points were scored. And they were scored more by the explanation than by the presence of the test itself. Finding a pregnancy test could be explained by failure rates, buying it for someone else, etc. But once you say it was a practical joke it makes it difficult to believe.

Stranger things have happened in reality. So we can't rule it out. But just saying how I feel reading through it.

+Quote Post
Johann
post Aug 1 2006, 05:50 AM
Post #52

1,000 + posts
Group Icon

From: Iceland, formerly Denmark, Norway, USA, Sierra Leone, Nigeria, Faeroe Islands. Bound for Heaven.
Member No.: 686

QUOTE(tall73 @ Jul 31 2006, 06:05 AM) [snapback]142600[/snapback]

It is just one point of evidence. But I agree that some points were scored. And they were scored more by the explanation than by the presence of the test itself. Finding a pregnancy test could be explained by failure rates, buying it for someone else, etc. But once you say it was a practical joke it makes it difficult to believe.

Stranger things have happened in reality. So we can't rule it out. But just saying how I feel reading through it.

Trouble with a discussion like this is that most of those who think they understand it best do not know Linda at all, nor get the feeling of the circumstances. Yes, it was a practical joke, but it was much more than that. As I have said before, Linda called some of her friends and laughed about it even before Danny discovered it. So we understood her way of thinking, even if we did not agree that she should have done it. We knew that it is cheap and disgraceful for hindsighters to downgrade the intentions of what is done as a joke in good faith.

Let me repeat: Linda was getting so tired of Danny searching through everywhere for evidence against her, and she knew he would not find anything. He was not having much success with his accusation of spiritual adultery, as attested by 3ABN, and Linda knew he had nothing.

The only thing on her mind at that time was to catch him snooping. She had to have something which would reveal that he was snooping through all of her things. She wanted to catch him red-handed! At the same time Alyssa and Linda wanted someting they could laugh about because it would be so ridiculous. They had no idea what they could use when they went shopping. It was when they discovered those pregnancy tests in the store they both agreed Danny would certainly reveal he had been snooping if he found the test in a bag.

When they took the shopping bag inside they caried it into Alyssa's room. Sure enough, it did not take long before he had snooped through the bag and brought out the test. Both of the women laughed at him, so Danny laughed too - until he got serious. They still could not see why he should get so serious about it.

Seriously, there are aspects in connection with this case that will not be discussed here. Certain things that can only be revealed in a more private investigation than what BSDA provides. It would have been so much better if Danny had not let Linda suffer so much for his own actions, disgracing her continually now for more tha two years because he made some serious mistakes. We could say this is human nature. Even Adam and Eve did it a long time ago. Perhaps a wife should take a lot of beating by her husband? But there imust be a limit...

This post has been edited by Johann: Aug 1 2006, 06:01 AM

--------------------
"Any fact that needs to be disclosed should be put out now or as quickly as possible, because otherwise the bleeding will not end." (Attributed to Henry Kissinger)

"He who passively accepts evil is as much involved in it as he who helps to perpetrate it" (Martin Luther King)

"The truth can lose nothing by close investigation". (1888 Materials 38)

+Quote Post
watchbird
post Aug 1 2006, 06:19 AM
Post #53

1,000 + posts
Group Icon

Member No.: 1,712

QUOTE(Johann @ Aug 1 2006, 05:50 AM) [snapback]142808[/snapback]

Trouble with a discussion like this is that most of those who think they understand it best do not know Linda at all, nor get the feeling of the circumstances. Yes, it was a practical joke, but it was much more than that. As I have said before, Linda called some of her friends and laughed about it even before Danny discovered it. So we understood her way of thinking, even if we did not agree that she should have done it. We knew that it is cheap and disgraceful for hindsighters to downgrade the intentions of what is done as a joke in good faith.

Let me repeat: Linda was getting so tired of Danny searching through everywhere for evidence against her, and she knew he would not find anything. He was not having much success with his accusation of spiritual adultery, as attested by 3ABN, and Linda knew he had nothing.

The only thing on her mind at that time was to catch him snooping. She had to have something which would reveal that he was snooping through all of her things. She wanted to catch him red-handed! At the same time Alyssa and Linda wanted someting they could laugh about because it would be so ridiculous. They had no idea what they could use when they went shopping. It was when they discovered those pregnancy tests in the store they both agreed Danny would certainly reveal he had been snooping if he found the test in a bag.

When they took the shopping bag inside they caried it into Alyssa's room. Sure enough, it did not take long before he had snooped through the bag and brought out the test. Both of the women laughed at him, so Danny laughed too - until he got serious. They still could not see why he should get so serious about it.

Seriously, there are aspects in connection with this case that will not be discussed here. Certain things that can only be revealed in a more private investigation than what BSDA provides. It would have been so much better if Danny had not let Linda suffer so much for his own actions, disgracing her continually now for more tha two years because he made some serious mistakes. We could say this is human nature. Even Adam and Eve did it a long time ago. Perhaps a wife should take a lot of beating by her husband? But there imust be a limit...

Thanks for these additional details, Johann. I, too, recall her describing how tired (frustrated) she was getting with Danny's continual snooping and how the "Let's give him something to find" thoughts were dominant in their mind as they embarked upon that "fateful" shopping trip.

+Quote Post
Clay
post Aug 1 2006, 07:35 AM
Post #54

5,000 + posts
Group Icon

Group: Administrator
Member No.: 4

Johann said:
We could say this is human nature. Even Adam and Eve did it a long time ago. Perhaps a wife should take a lot of beating by her husband? But there imust be a limit...

Nope.... not ever... not even one.... which got me to thinking... if there is spiritual adultery then surely there must be spiritual physical abuse.... dunno.gif

--------------------
"you are as sick as your secrets...." -quote from Celebrity Rehab-

+Quote Post
simplysaved
post Aug 1 2006, 07:40 AM
Post #55

5,000 + posts
Group Icon

Member No.: 830

Of course there is...we just call it "emotional abuse"...the results are dammage to the mental & spiritual psyche with physical repercussions in the long run (i.e. ulcers, heart problems, stress, etc)....emotional abuse is also ALWAYS a precursor and/or part of physical abuse/domestic violence.

QUOTE(Clay @ Aug 1 2006, 07:35 AM) [snapback]142817[/snapback]

Johann said:
Nope.... not ever... not even one.... which got me to thinking... if there is spiritual adultery then surely there must be spiritual physical abuse.... dunno.gif

This post has been edited by simplysaved: Aug 1 2006, 08:41 AM

--------------------
"No weapon formed against YOU (Sarah--and every Believer/Servant of God) shall prosper and every tongue that rises against you in judgement you will condemn...."--Isaiah 54:17

+Quote Post
Panama_Pete
post Aug 1 2006, 08:51 AM
Post #56

500 + posts
Group Icon

Member No.: 522

QUOTE(Johann @ Aug 1 2006, 05:50 AM) [snapback]142808[/snapback]

Seriously, there are aspects in connection with this case that will not be discussed here. Certain things that can only be revealed in a more private investigation than what BSDA provides. It would have been so much better if Danny had not let Linda suffer so much for his own actions, disgracing her continually now for more tha two years because he made some serious mistakes.

It sounds like you may be waiting for a "more private investigation" that may never happen. So, if you have anything to add that people need to know, now may be your chance.

+Quote Post
watchbird
post Aug 1 2006, 09:35 AM
Post #57

1,000 + posts
Group Icon

Member No.: 1,712

QUOTE(Panama_Pete @ Aug 1 2006, 08:51 AM) [snapback]142837[/snapback]

It sounds like you may be waiting for a "more private investigation" that may never happen. So, if you have anything to add that people need to know, now may be your chance.

I think that Johann is referring to things that are going on in private even as we speak here in public. There are some things that will never be revealed to the public eye until after all is done and the dust has settled. Some of these are, as has been indicated at other times in other threads, for the protection of the privacy of the innocent victims. Some things are not being revealed because the final outcome has either not happened or has not been confirmed "beyond a reasonable shadow of a doubt". Some things are not being revealed because those who hold the information do not want to reveal it publicly so as to destroy its use in a court of law in case lawsuits do develop. And there are some things that are being passed from hand to hand that may not be posted in any forum, public or semi-private.

Our role here is to expose enough information in a publicly accessible place so as to warn against investing money in an organization that has been at best wasteful with what were intended to be the Lord's funds, and what appears from what has been learned to be serious misappropriations of funds from 3ABN as a ministry to the pockets of the owner of 3ABN--actions which are certainly not expected by donors, ones which they would consider unethical if they knew about them, and some of which may even be shown to be outright illegal fraud. The details of things of this kind, cannot wisely be displayed in public--as Fran has so aptly explained in other threads in this forum.

Our role here is also to expose things gradually enough so they can be absorbed by those to whom they come as a total shock. The question of what does the exposure of a perceived leader have on those who have depended on him for spiritual leadership is a real one, and we must expose what we expose in ways that will not merely shatter their trust in Dan Shelton and 3ABN, but will give them opportunities to transfer (or rebuild) trust in other spiritual leaders.

But ........

My apologies if I digress from your question. To return to that, the answer is "no" to the implications that Johann (and others) are merely "waiting" for someone else do to something. There are many people who are actively working behind the scenes. Not (so far as I know) in the "Private Investigator" sense that Calvin at first used the term, but in the sense of inspiring many to do their own "private investigations" of all sides of the many issues involved (rather than merely to accept without question the statements that have been made by Danny and other representatives of 3ABN) so as to arrive at their own conclusions. When enough people have done that, there will be action, and more will become public knowledge.

+Quote Post
tall73
post Aug 1 2006, 09:45 AM
Post #58

QUOTE(Johann @ Aug 1 2006, 06:50 AM) [snapback]142808[/snapback]

Who said anything about knowing it best? This whole discussion is about people evaluating. Or if it is something else it is just sick gossip. When you put things up for evaluation you have to anticipate the possibility that some will reject what you say.

Am I saying I know what happened? No. I am saying that as I read it this looks like a flimsy excuse.

As you said, we don't know Linda. So all we can go on is what you have said. And what you said here didn't convince me. And if I were on a jury just hearing this (and in a sense that is what this is) then I would give Dr. Thompson some points on the pregnancy test. Or more precisely I would give points on the supposed reason for it, as the pregnancy test itself could be explained.

So in this one storyt even if we believe your account one hundred percent we have

-Linda conspiring to form a fabrication
-Linda laughing at Danny being embarrassed
-Linda thinking that (after being accused of an affair) Danny would have no problem with her buying a pregnancy test

And you wonder why this is not the most convincing part of your argument? I am not taking his side over this one piece of evidence, but I am saying this one piece of evidence is always going to be a weak spot in her case. At best it is an insight into the bad part of her character (not as it was portrayed, seeing the best in everyone, and having a good sense of humor). At worst it is a lie to cover up an actual affair. Either way it is a point for Danny's side.

And that is understood. In the same way it is understood that Danny says he has evidence that they are withholding, but which some say we have a right to see. We are not the actual judge in this case, fortunately. And we are not entitled to everything. But we do have to make evaluations so that we know whether to support the ministry or encourage others to. And we can only do that on the evidence provided. So if I don't buy all of the evidence on one side, don't consider it a slight. It is just what it is. The best I can do with the information present.

+Quote Post
Denny
post Aug 1 2006, 09:50 AM
Post #59

5,000 + posts
Group Icon

Group: Charter Member
Member No.: 2

To me the joke back fired on her and was a bad mistake imagine if Danny had bought some Victoria secret's lingerie and planted it for Linda to find as a joke and the 'joke' was not in her size......

--------------------
Queen Den

March- Ok where is spring? ..

+Quote Post
tall73
post Aug 1 2006, 09:52 AM
Post #60

QUOTE(watchbird @ Aug 1 2006, 10:35 AM) [snapback]142844[/snapback]

Our role here is to expose enough information in a publicly accessible place so as to warn against investing money in an organization that has been at best wasteful with what were intended to be the Lord's funds, and what appears from what has been learned to be serious misappropriations of funds from 3ABN as a ministry to the pockets of the owner of 3ABN--actions which are certainly not expected by donors, ones which they would consider unethical if they knew about them, and some of which may even be shown to be outright illegal fraud. The details of things of this kind, cannot wisely be displayed in public--as Fran has so aptly explained in other threads in this forum.

And this is why I am here, because there are a lot of donors that I know and have influence with, and I want to make a fair assessment. But fair means there may be evidence on both sides. The proponderance is what we are looking for. While your task is by necessity a one-sided one of demonstrating 3ABN's failings, ours cannot be if we are going to make a fair judgment.

Our role here is also to expose things gradually enough so they can be absorbed by those to whom they come as a total shock. The question of what does the exposure of a perceived leader have on those who have depended on him for spiritual leadership is a real one, and we must expose what we expose in ways that will not merely shatter their trust in Dan Shelton and 3ABN, but will give them opportunities to transfer (or rebuild) trust in other spiritual leaders.

This type of argument makes little sense to me. If you have a whole picture, give the whole picture. If you draw it out, letting people make comments on every little part, tantalizing, stirring the pot,.etc. it is a far worse effect on those viewing. It holds their attention for days and weeks and portrays the image that you all are just out to smear them. It would be best just to say what there is, bring it into the light of day, let people make their judgement and be done.

And if your goal is to warn supporters, what of those who need the whole picture to finally make a judgement? By then they will have given months more of support. This thing is already figured in years.

This post has been edited by tall73: Aug 1 2006, 10:03 AM

+Quote Post

8 Pages V  « < 2 3 4 5 6 > » 
Reply to this topicStart new topic
1 User(s) are reading this topic (1 Guests and 0 Anonymous Users)
0 Members:

Lo-Fi Version Time is now: 23rd March 2008 - 02:05 PM
Design by: Download IPB Skins & eBusiness
BlackSDA has no official affiliation or endorsement from the Seventh-day Adventist church