Archive of http://www.blacksda.com/forums/index.php?showtopic=10074&st=75 preserved for the defense in 3ABN and Danny Shelton v. Joy and Pickle.
Links altered to maintain their integrity and aid in navigation, but content otherwise unchanged.
Saved at 03:05:25 PM on March 23, 2008.
IPB

Welcome Guest ( Log In | Register )

8 Pages V  « < 4 5 6 7 8 >  
Reply to this topicStart new topic
> Thompson Responds To Abrahamsen...., borrowed from Maritime
Panama_Pete
post Aug 1 2006, 04:11 PM
Post #76

500 + posts
Group Icon

Group: Members
Member No.: 522

QUOTE(lurker @ Aug 1 2006, 02:48 PM) [snapback]142890[/snapback]

Who would have thought that he would go through the daughter's bag and jump to the conclusion that it was Linda's and that she thought there was a chance she herself was pregnant. That's a big jump!

I had been thinking the same thing, but was wondering why nobody mentioned it. My guess is that 3ABN "needs" the pregnancy kit to be exclusively Linda's and not Alyssa's.

3ABN's spokesperson makes no mention of Alyssa, the same way they originally made no mention of Alyssa's brother, Nathan, being in Norway.

Go to the top of the page

+Quote Post
tall73
post Aug 1 2006, 05:11 PM
Post #77

Member No.: 1,732

QUOTE(Clay @ Aug 1 2006, 03:29 PM) [snapback]142896[/snapback]

Tall said:

All I am saying is that there is 2 yrs worth of info that is quite interesting and suggests that the reason for the divorce was suspect.... I am not implying that you are not compassionate, I am saying that you should be able to put yourself in another person's shoes even though that person may be a woman..... you may still disagree but that's were I am coming from.....

That was my point actually. You don't have to think like a woman to put yourself in someone else's place.

My position remains unchanged, even IF Linda did everything she was accused of doing, Mr. Shelton should NOT have treated her in the manner that he did.. including making her sign a gag order under duress...

That I agree with.

+Quote Post
Johann
post Aug 1 2006, 05:46 PM
Post #78

1,000 + posts
Group Icon

From: Iceland, formerly Denmark, Norway, USA, Sierra Leone, Nigeria, Faeroe Islands. Bound for Heaven.
Member No.: 686

QUOTE(Clay @ Aug 1 2006, 10:29 PM) [snapback]142896[/snapback]

All I am saying is that there is 2 yrs worth of info that is quite interesting and suggests that the reason for the divorce was suspect.... I am not implying that you are not compassionate, I am saying that you should be able to put yourself in another person's shoes even though that person may be a woman..... you may still disagree but that's were I am coming from.....

My position remains unchanged, even IF Linda did everything she was accused of doing, Mr. Shelton should NOT have treated her in the manner that he did.. including making her sign a gag order under duress...

Why this picture of yourself, Clay? You face looks haggard, or something like that!

You summaries are explicit and thought provoking, keeping us on the track!

--------------------
"Any fact that needs to be disclosed should be put out now or as quickly as possible, because otherwise the bleeding will not end." (Attributed to Henry Kissinger)

"He who passively accepts evil is as much involved in it as he who helps to perpetrate it" (Martin Luther King)

"The truth can lose nothing by close investigation". (1888 Materials 38)

+Quote Post
sonshineonme
post Aug 1 2006, 06:51 PM
Post #79

1,000 + posts
Group Icon

Member No.: 1,709

QUOTE(lurker @ Aug 1 2006, 12:48 PM) [snapback]142890[/snapback]

It is because he always was ascribing the very worst possible motives to Linda for everything she did or even for stuff she didn't do that the prhase "the dragon was wroth with the woman" keeps running through my head. What person now days wouldn't think that since the test was in Linda's daughter's bag that her mother had bought it for her or that the daughter had bought it and borrowed the money from her mother. Then when he brought it up, they would know he had been snooping. Who would have thought that he would go through the daughter's bag and jump to the conclusion that it was Linda's and that she thought there was a chance she herself was pregnant. That's a big jump! The worst he would be expected to believe was that Linda had thought that her daughter was pregnant and that if Linda's daughter was having a baby it might reflect badly on 3ABN if Linda remained there.

Do the words OUTTA CONTROL ring a bell with anyone?

THANK YOU THANK YOU THANK YOU!! Finally someone has said exactly what makes perfect sense, and exactly what Linda was trying to show, even in a humorous non-long term way (IOW, she had NO CLUE it would be used against her in the court of The 3abn Commune). This is NOT about a PG test! Don't you guys see it? It's about ANYTHING that can be SOMETHING to fit HIS GOAL. That's it. That's all there is to it. It could have been a hair brush if it would fit something! This has NOTHING to do with a PG test! He has used it to suit his needs. We can't think of him in normal terms. This is far from a normal situation where "someone finds a pg test and thinks the worst". There are clues written all over this, OPEN YOUR EYES. blink.gif OK, I'm a bit over emotional....taking dogs for walk... roflmao.gif

--------------------
Here's the thing - "...if you pull "folks" into a fight you don't know what "weapon" they will bring." PrincessDrRe

"A man who digs a pit for others to fall into, will end up falling into it himself. And if a man rolls a stone on someone, the stone will roll back on him". Said Solomon the wise, Proverbs 26:27

"No man can follow Christ and go astray." William H.P. Faunce

"If I could hear Christ praying for me in the next room, I would not fear a million enemies. Yet distance makes no difference. He is praying for me." Robert M. McCheyne

Click here for Linda Shelton's newly updated website

+Quote Post
Panama_Pete
post Aug 1 2006, 07:25 PM
Post #80

500 + posts
Group Icon

Member No.: 522

QUOTE(sonshineonme @ Aug 1 2006, 07:51 PM) [snapback]142947[/snapback]

This is NOT about a PG test! Don't you guys see it? It's about ANYTHING that can be SOMETHING to fit HIS GOAL. That's it. That's all there is to it. It could have been a hair brush if it would fit something! This has NOTHING to do with a PG test! He has used it to suit his needs.

That's right. Anything "usable" would have worked. It really had nothing to do with any box in Alyssa's shopping bag.

I think any item would have worked if met his goals.

+Quote Post
Clay
post Aug 1 2006, 07:31 PM
Post #81

5,000 + posts
Group Icon

Group: Administrator
Member No.: 4

QUOTE(tall73 @ Aug 1 2006, 05:11 PM) [snapback]142923[/snapback]

That was my point actually. You don't have to think like a woman to put yourself in someone else's place.
That I agree with.

then we are on the same page.... carry on.... spoton.gif

QUOTE(Johann @ Aug 1 2006, 05:46 PM) [snapback]142930[/snapback]

Why this picture of yourself, Clay? You face looks haggard, or something like that!

You summaries are explicit and thought provoking, keeping us on the track!

the picture on my profile? I think that is my serious face.... being the head heathen takes its toll you know..... roflmao.gif

--------------------
"you are as sick as your secrets...." -quote from Celebrity Rehab-

+Quote Post
Brennen
post Aug 1 2006, 07:47 PM
Post #82

Welcome Newbie

Member No.: 1,874

"Let me repeat: Linda was getting so tired of Danny searching through everywhere for evidence against her, and she knew he would not find anything. He was not having much success with his accusation of spiritual adultery, as attested by 3ABN, and Linda knew he had nothing."

Listen to this lie. Danny accused Linda of traveling to her "friend" one month (year before last) several times in that month. The truth is that the times he was acussing her of being away from the United States visiting her friend, I was in conversation with her on the phone while she was in her home in the US. What does that tell you. Is he making up things? This is another one that he did.

+Quote Post
sister
post Aug 1 2006, 08:16 PM
Post #83

500 + posts
Group Icon

Member No.: 762

QUOTE(Panama_Pete @ Aug 1 2006, 08:25 PM) [snapback]142948[/snapback]

That's right. Anything "usable" would have worked. It really had nothing to do with any box in Alyssa's shopping bag.

I think any item would have worked if it met his goals.

Now this is the golden thread of truth hidden in the midst of this discussion. Please don't miss it. If you are willing to look beyond the smoke screen that Danny and Walt have pitched, in regard to the pregnancy test and switch paradigms there is something fundamental to this entire situation that Panama Pete has astutely observed: it really has nothing to do with the test itsself, the pregnancy test merely became a convenient means in reaching a premeditaed goal. Danny's goal to rid himself of Linda and as soon as was legally possible, to marry Brandy.

+Quote Post
sonshineonme
post Aug 1 2006, 08:32 PM
Post #84

1,000 + posts
Group Icon

QUOTE(sister @ Aug 1 2006, 07:16 PM) [snapback]142957[/snapback]

Now this is the golden thread of truth hidden in the midst of this discussion. Please don't miss it. If you are willing to look beyond the smoke screen that Danny and Walt have pitched, in regard to the pregnancy test and switch paradigms there is something fundamental to this entire situation that Panama Pete has astutely observed: it really has nothing to do with the test itsself, the pregnancy test merely became a convenient means in reaching a premeditaed goal. Danny's goal to rid himself of Linda and as soon as was legally possible, to marry Brandy.

EXACTLY yes.gif Makes you then see why all the "other" things he has said have to fit....I am not missing it. I have known, and I am glad to see that it's coming out, because when people start to see the real monster behind the curtain, they will begin to see what is really going on here. As I have said, it's much bigger then just Linda. And Linda is seeing it too. But it's painful at the same time for her - talk about "new light" coming her way. As we all know and see what's really been going on, imagine (I dont' have too, I know) what she is figuring out, putting together and looking back at so many clues. She's on her own journey, and believe me, she's gettin it. And it's not only NOT pleasant, it's down right scary. She will never be the same. But my prayer is she will be a stronger person, by God's amazing and healing grace.

--------------------
Here's the thing - "...if you pull "folks" into a fight you don't know what "weapon" they will bring." PrincessDrRe

"A man who digs a pit for others to fall into, will end up falling into it himself. And if a man rolls a stone on someone, the stone will roll back on him". Said Solomon the wise, Proverbs 26:27

"If I could hear Christ praying for me in the next room, I would not fear a million enemies. Yet distance makes no difference. He is praying for me." Robert M. McCheyne

+Quote Post
watchbird
post Aug 2 2006, 07:12 AM
Post #85

1,000 + posts
Group Icon

Member No.: 1,712

Let's put all these together. For here are the clues to understanding. (emphases in quotes added)
QUOTE(lurker @ Aug 1 2006, 01:48 PM) [snapback]142890[/snapback]

You can never be perfect enough for an abuser! Never, never, never. He wants to be right. He wants to be right more than he wants to be loved. He wants to catch you at something so he can put you down about it. The cop who follows you long enough will find something to pull you over for if he is looking for something or wants to throw his weight around. So when he pulls you over, you hope it will be for something little so he doesn't keep looking and accuse you of something worse.

It is because he always was ascribing the very worst possible motives to Linda for everything she did or even for stuff she didn't do that the prhase "the dragon was wroth with the woman" keeps running through my head. What person now days wouldn't think that since the test was in Linda's daughter's bag that her mother had bought it for her or that the daughter had bought it and borrowed the money from her mother. Then when he brought it up, they would know he had been snooping. Who would have thought that he would go through the daughter's bag and jump to the conclusion that it was Linda's and that she thought there was a chance she herself was pregnant. That's a big jump! The worst he would be expected to believe was that Linda had thought that her daughter was pregnant and that if Linda's daughter was having a baby it might reflect badly on 3ABN if Linda remained there.

Do the words OUTTA CONTROL ring a bell with anyone?

QUOTE(sonshineonme @ Aug 1 2006, 06:51 PM) [snapback]142947[/snapback]

THANK YOU THANK YOU THANK YOU!! Finally someone has said exactly what makes perfect sense, and exactly what Linda was trying to show, even in a humorous non-long term way (IOW, she had NO CLUE it would be used against her in the court of The 3abn Commune). [/b] That's it. That's all there is to it. It could have been a hair brush if it would fit something! This has NOTHING to do with a PG test! He has used it to suit his needs. We can't think of him in normal terms. This is far from a normal situation where "someone finds a pg test and thinks the worst". There are clues written all over this, OPEN YOUR EYES. blink.gif OK, I'm a bit over emotional....taking dogs for walk... roflmao.gif

QUOTE(Panama_Pete @ Aug 1 2006, 07:25 PM) [snapback]142948[/snapback]

QUOTE(sister @ Aug 1 2006, 08:16 PM) [snapback]142957[/snapback]

QUOTE(sonshineonme @ Aug 1 2006, 08:32 PM) [snapback]142961[/snapback]

EXACTLY yes.gif Makes you then see why all the "other" things he has said have to fit....I am not missing it. I have known, and I am glad to see that it's coming out, because when people start to see the real monster behind the curtain, they will begin to see what is really going on here. As I have said, it's much bigger then just Linda. And Linda is seeing it too. But it's painful at the same time for her - talk about "new light" coming her way. As we all know and see what's really been going on, imagine (I dont' have too, I know) what she is figuring out, putting together and looking back at so many clues. She's on her own journey, and believe me, she's gettin it. And it's not only NOT pleasant, it's down right scary. She will never be the same. But my prayer is she will be a stronger person, by God's amazing and healing grace.

Yes ...... yes........ YES!!........ yes.gif......... clap.gif..........
Especially put together the two sentences in red above......."Now this is the golden thread of truth hidden in the midst of this discussion." and " it's much bigger then just Linda." The issue is not just about "proving" Linda innocent nor judging her wisdom in the things she did. The searchlight needs to be taken off of Linda, the victim, and turned on the one who victimized her.

But not only that, the issue is much bigger than merely how Danny has treated Linda. she gains our attention and our sympathy (and it is right that she should) but WHY do we see her in the spotlight? Who is it that continually turns it on her ..... and why do they do so? Is it not so that we will be blinded to the one who keeps it focused on her? Is it also not so that we will not see what else there is going on in the shadows--not even the other victims that are suffering just as much even though not so publicly?

Here is the real problem I had with Tall's statement. Of course he has the same right the rest of us have to express his convictions. But Tall went beyond that and tied his convictions (or his doubts) in this one "Exhibit A" that was promoted as "proof of her guilt", to the entirely separate question of finances, when in fact this is an entirely different matter. Questions of financial support of 3ABN need to be tied to evidence as to how finances at 3ABN are handled. It is appropriate to determine the truth about what Linda has done, and even to explore various reasons why she might have done what she did. But WHATEVER the truth in this area, that does not change the truths and untruths in other areas. And we must not lose sight of those other areas in our eagerness to clear Linda's name and restore her reputation.

The Televangelist is still the most concise document we have that surveys these many other areas. since it gives a "bird's eye view" of the whole territory, giving only glimpses of specific "trees" in the forest and allusions to action seen below both past and present at the time of writing. And also iit can be compared to a "bird's eye view" in that it is in some ways "non-verbal"-- especially when it comes to giving specific names. But taking that along with Sister's "Unauthorized History" and other threads over the past two years, one can keep one's perspective of the whole at the same time one is focused on the details of one part, and one can find and insert specific names into the original document.

Essentially, the things put out by Walt Thompson and said by Danny cn be compared to "smoke screens" or magicians "mirrors" which are slanted in ways so we do not see what is, and we think we see what is not. Let's not be fooled by the "smoke and mirrors" used on the 3ABN set(up), nor let them drive nor lure us away from turning our own spotlights on the persons and areas who are standing behind the curtain or concealed in the shadows.

+Quote Post
tall73
post Aug 2 2006, 10:46 AM
Post #86

Member No.: 1,732

QUOTE(watchbird @ Aug 2 2006, 08:12 AM) [snapback]142996[/snapback]

Here is the real problem I had with Tall's statement. Of course he has the same right the rest of us have to express his convictions. But Tall went beyond that and tied his convictions (or his doubts) in this one "Exhibit A" that was promoted as "proof of her guilt", to the entirely separate question of finances, when in fact this is an entirely different matter.

The finances are a different matter. But you tied them in with your response when you said that it was your role to inform people of what they were like so that they would stop supporting them.

Questions of financial support of 3ABN need to be tied to evidence as to how finances at 3ABN are handled. It is appropriate to determine the truth about what Linda has done, and even to explore various reasons why she might have done what she did. But WHATEVER the truth in this area, that does not change the truths and untruths in other areas. And we must not lose sight of those other areas in our eagerness to clear Linda's name and restore her reputation.

It is well and good to investigate their finances, and from the details it looks troubling. But supporters would have equal pause in giving if they failed morally again and again and did not repent, and kept on appearing on television. So no, they are not separate. The question of financial support is the one I brought up and it is directly related to the marital saga, and in that respect to exhibit "A". I have made no comment that I recall on their financial dealings yet, but only on the goal of interrupting support.

+Quote Post
PrincessDrRe
post Aug 13 2006, 09:47 PM
Post #87

PrincessDrRe
Group Icon

Group: Financial Donor
Member No.: 712

Putting all of this together.....

Why is Danny taking off for "3 months" or so?

snack.gif

--------------------
*"Some folks use their ignorance like a umbrella. It covers everything, they perodically take it out from time to time, but it never is too far away from them."*
PrincessDrRe; March, 2007

~"Blood = Meat, Face = Meat, Internal "Organs" = Meat - you can try to make it cuter; but it's still meat...."~
PrincessDrRe; September, 2007

*(NOTE: Any advice given by Re' Silvey, MSW is not to be taken as medical/mental health advice. Although trained to be a counselor, currently employed as a therapist, and currently pursuing her PhD in Counseling Psychology (ABD/I) - she is not your assigned therapist. Please consult a mental health professional of your choice for a face-to-face consultation.)*

+Quote Post
sonshineonme
post Aug 13 2006, 09:59 PM
Post #88

1,000 + posts
Group Icon

QUOTE(PrincessDrRe @ Aug 13 2006, 08:47 PM) [snapback]144892[/snapback]

Putting all of this together.....

Why is Danny taking off for "3 months" or so?

snack.gif

Princess di said it well in the http://www.blacksda.com/forums/index.php?showtopic=10422
Post #14

--------------------

+Quote Post
watchbird
post Feb 26 2007, 10:35 AM
Post #89

1,000 + posts
Group Icon

Member No.: 1,712

QUOTE(Panama_Pete @ Aug 1 2006, 08:25 PM) [snapback]142948[/snapback]

bump.gif

Time to bump this up to the head of the list where it will be handy for those who love to root around in shopping bags hidden in out of the way places for stray bits of evidence..... errrrr.... 'scuse the mixing of metaphors .....

BUT... while it's title doesn't seem to fit the topic, nor the final posts above seem to be about it, this is, in fact, the thread where the majority... though not all.... of the discussion went on about the now infamous pg text.... though never used.... or used in strange and curious ways ... however one wishes to look at it (double entendres intended where ever detected, or even suspected).....

Have at it folks... dig in and share with your neighbors..... tabletalk.gif......... gossip.gif......

.......................TVsnack.gif..............

+Quote Post
LaurenceD
post Feb 26 2007, 11:53 AM
Post #90

500 + posts
Group Icon

Member No.: 3,035

After reading this thread (thanks watchbird) I have a new opinion: I think what Linda and her daughter did was hilarious (the joke), even if it wasn't wise. To have that kind of man in the house--always suspicious--is the very root of evil in a home. Education, last chapter I think, describes what happens when men are always looking out of the corner of their eye at their family. Dark clouds of doubt aways hanging overhead. What a horrible way to build trust. I still think God hadn't been in that marriage for some time.

--------------------
Disclaimer Notice: You are hereby cautioned that the information contained within these posts are for the sole purpose of provoking thought, adding fair comment on matters of public interest, and not providing factual information. These posts do not reflect the actual thoughts or intentions of the person writing under this username since said person is not in any position to know. No effort has been made to ensure the accuracy of any personal view, opinion, or hyperbole presented. Therefore, by disclosing, copying, or distributing these posts to others, such information must subsequently be confirmed in writing, signed and dated, by the actual person, or persons, posting behind username LaurenceD.

+Quote Post

8 Pages V  « < 4 5 6 7 8 >
Reply to this topicStart new topic
1 User(s) are reading this topic (1 Guests and 0 Anonymous Users)
0 Members:

Lo-Fi Version Time is now: 23rd March 2008 - 02:05 PM
Design by: Download IPB Skins & eBusiness
BlackSDA has no official affiliation or endorsement from the Seventh-day Adventist church